Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

What is the fascination with Sonny and Carly too? Sonny is a thug, Jason his enforcer who keeps out of emotional situations even with his family, and Carly is an ambitious housewife who marries up.

Add me to those who wondered why they  were replacing Tony after all these years and why Austin wanted to talk to him. But then Carly smugged that not only is the wing named after her son but Dr. Jones is her brother and I realized that it was about Carly again.

If Austin is a neurosurgeon since he said he was working in the Michael Corinthos wing, why was he called to set Alexis' wrist in the ER? So Sam can be rude to him?

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Well, it's not as if she has two kids to raise or anything. Oh. Wait.

What happened to her PI agency with Curtis? Is that gone now that Curtis is a jazz club owner? And Aurora, who is running the parts that Jax didn't buy?

1 hour ago, Blackie said:

We can all take comfort that since Jason has never had to serve enough jail time for all his crimes, at least now he is stuck with Carly.

Poetic justice.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

Austing was talking to Carly and said he was replacing Dr Jones (actually took me a minute to realize that he was talking about Lucas.  I kept thinking, Tony died years ago).

Okay, I thought the exact same thing. I thought he was talking about Tony too, but since the show is mostly background noise on good days, I got super confused.

Says a lot that I didn't even remember that Lucas's last name is Jones. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
47 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I hate when I want to both love and laugh at a comment! LOL! So, my sister didn't watch today, and I told her what Austin said about Dr. Jones, and she literally said, "Why don't they leave Tony Jones alone? He's been dead for years!" It seems like we all thought of Tony, not Lucas, which is just plain sad. 

As a former JaSam fan (before the SOS), I would say Jason did show emotion when he broke up w/Sam. They were actually really good (IMO) back in the day, and I have always HATED Jason Morgan. Their chemistry was good, and I liked the pairing until it was ruined. 

I have no dog in this fight since I last liked JaSam when BM was in the role of Jason  . . . but I think Jason's emotion over Britt is a bit OTT. Maybe I haven't been paying attn but are they really that close? Are they that much in love w/each other?!? Seems a bit much to me, but then that's JMO. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

The ironic thing is that the reason they gave for Maxie leaving town - that it hurt too much to be in the same town as Bailey/Louise and not be with her

My thing though is she Maxie has two other children she never sees. So she’s so devastated about Louise, who she actually knows is safe and sound, that now she’s going to abandon her other two children too?!  I don’t get it. I know KS need to leave for medical reasons but they could either have just ignored her character for a while or they should have temporarily recast the role. 

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Austing was talking to Carly and said he was replacing Dr Jones (actually took me a minute to realize that he was talking about Lucas.  I kept thinking, Tony died years ago).

Okay, I thought the exact same thing. I thought he was talking about Tony too, but since the show is mostly background noise on good days, I got super confused.

I thought the same exact thing. I was like why are we mentioning Tony??  I was so confused. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

Ditto! When he said Dr Jones, I immediately thought Tony and like others here wondered why they were just now replacing him lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

It cracks me up how hard the show is trying not to mention Austin's last name. It was a good choice to have him see Amy in the hospital, as she probably wouldn't recognize his last name anyway, but I hope the reveal happens soon. It's ridiculous.

I'm tired of people acting that just because Austin lived in a small town he's some hick rube. He's definitely playing to people's prejudices, though, which I sort of enjoy, tbh.

Shut up, Sam. Ugh. She's so unpleasant.

I liked Alexis's joke about removing all the syringes and sharp objects and Dante agreed. It's nice he doesn't hold the stabbing against her.

5 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

So she’s so devastated about Louise, who she actually knows is safe and sound, that now she’s going to abandon her other two children too?!  I don’t get it.

Given the general level of parenting in Port Charles, Maxie isn't the worst. This is what happens when you give everyone babies.

Adults talking about a kiss is dumb, but at least Curtis and Portia are talking to each other.

KG looked AMAZING today. 

I love the Maxie/BLQ friendship. Brook is exactly the person she needs right now.

How long in GH time has it been since Maxie gave birth? Wouldn't Peter have made some sort of move by now? Maxie should take Louise and let the chips fall where they made. She's not without options.

• Love 3

So I wasn’t watching during the Jimmy Lee days. I know why I hate the Corinthi,  but is there an actual history between the Holts and Corinthos clans? Trying to figure out why Austin seems to hold a grudge against them?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

So I wasn’t watching during the Jimmy Lee days. I know why I hate the Corinthi,  but is there an actual history between the Holts and Corinthos clans? Trying to figure out why Austin seems to hold a grudge against them?

I don't know either, but I just feel that this is a way to have Michael/Carly in yet another storyline. I don't know why the Corinthi are involved in this. 

20 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Ditto! When he said Dr Jones, I immediately thought Tony and like others here wondered why they were just now replacing him lol!

Add me to the group confounded by a 20-year later replacement. 

It's just one more thing that should embarrass TPTB but won't. 

In addition to Sam being unnecessarily bitchy to everyone, was anyone else wondering why she felt it necessary to answer the questions that the doctor asked her mother? 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I don't know why the Corinthi are involved in this. 

Because they must be involved in everything. Especially Carly. She has to have her finger in every pie. She's not on screen enough, so the writers have to remedy that.

At this point, I'm assuming it's part of their contract that they have to pollute everything and everyone on the show.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, rur said:

In addition to Sam being unnecessarily bitchy to everyone, was anyone else wondering why she felt it necessary to answer the questions that the doctor asked her mother?

I was. and also surprised that Alexis didn't shut that down. (also. again I don't have osteoporosis, I don't know anyone who does - but i find it very hard to believe that someone grabbing your wrist would make it break like that. that sounds more like bone cancer than osteoporosis to me esp according to Alexis it only started flaring up a day ago). 

6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Because they must be involved in everything. Especially Carly. She has to have her finger in every pie. She's not on screen enough, so the writers have to remedy that.

At this point, I'm assuming it's part of their contract that they have to pollute everything and everyone on the show.

pretty much. like that entire Carly/Austin scene could have been done w/Amy (like Amy spilling the tea). vs. Carly just giving him resting bitch face all the time. However if Austin is here to end Carly's career. i'm for it. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Said he wished he had the opportunity to pick Dr Jones brain before he went onto his new role (I'm paraphrasing because I can't remember the exact wording but it was pretty much that).  So either Lucas is in a different role at GH and we will continue to never see him, or he's gone gone.  

What's dumber is that Lucas was head of ER/Trauma surgery, yet Austin, who is alledgedly replacing him was brought in to check out Alexis' injured arm.

I'm thinking gone from GH given, if Lucas was still at the hospital, he would be around for Dr. Roger Howarth to bother with questions.

And I thought Lucas was in neuro, not trauma.  Wasn't he involved in Lulu's case when she got all coma-ed?

(edited)

Holy crap, can Sam be anymore insufferable?  I sure hope the barista at Perks doesn't ask her what kind of milk she wants in her latte, as that might send her over the edge. 

Carly can fucking miss me with the glistening eyes and boo-boo hurt face that Jason isn't as into this MOC as she is.  Unlike others, I don't think he'll end up in bed with her (not for lack of trying on her part), but I can't wait to see his "I think I'm passing a kidney stone" expression the first time she insinuates their bangin' sex life to someone ("Jason, I'm only doing this to be convincing!").

Thank god BLQ finally got Maxie to understand how counter-productive (not to mention insane) she was acting in regard to BaileyLu.  I'm not going to be sad to have her off-screen for awhile. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 9

Maxie is screaming on top of her lungs, my baby, Louise, she's my baby,  she's the mother in Quartermaine mansion and she's worried about Austin? BL is right,  Maxie will the one to blow it up.

At this point I rather the baby stay named Bailey and be with BL and Valentine. 

Jason really is going to tell Jax not to hurt Britt after what he did and his fiancee just said to her?

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Maxie is screaming on top of her lungs, my baby, Louise, she's my baby,  she's the mother in Quartermaine mansion and she's worried about Austin? BL is right,  Maxie will the one to blow it up.

At this point I rather the baby stay named Bailey and be with BL and Valentine. 

Jason really is going to tell Jax not to hurt Britt after what he did and his fiancee just said to her?

the thing is - she knows the baby is safe. she knows where she is. She can trust BLQ to give her back. She can see the baby at work. Yeah it sucks right now, that you can't be with her all the time, but this is better than Maxie's original plan of just giving her to some stranger out there. 

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Holy crap, can Sam be anymore insufferable?  I sure hope the barista at Perks doesn't ask her what kind of milk she wants in her latte, as that might send her over the edge.

Wait she said "Perks" in that scene? I thought I heard Brooks.  Her speech pattern is either so bad or my hearing is shot.

• LOL 1
30 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I thought Lucas was in neuro, not trauma.  Wasn't he involved in Lulu's case when she got all coma-ed?

Lucas was originally a trauma doctor. Then after Griffin left the show realized it didn't have a neurosurgeon so Lucas (who?) magically became accredited offscreen.

21 minutes ago, Artsda said:

It's the only thing he can do. He knows that there is nothing he can to stop Carly. Or rather what he needs to do to stop her he won't. I sort of understood it when Michael was a baby but that  was 30 years ago.

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

How long in GH time has it been since Maxie gave birth? Wouldn't Peter have made some sort of move by now? Maxie should take Louise and let the chips fall where they made. She's not without options.

Plot. Brook Lynn still needs a baby to get back the ELQ shares. Maybe it will come out when Austin crashes the board meeting.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Hater said:

Wait she said "Perks" in that scene? I thought I heard Brooks.  Her speech pattern is either so bad or my hearing is shot.

I had on my closed caption--she said Perks. 

I think they had Austin interact with Carly because they eventually need someone to treat amnesiac Smike.  Maybe they won't put Carson back together right away, and we will be treated to Caustin, because Carly/Franco was so awesome   awful.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, lala2 said:

Why is Sam permanently stuck in "bitch" mode? Why? She's so unpleasant, rude, and nasty all the time. It's exhausting and boring at this point.

Is this a rhetorical question? If not, consider which blond female she was "close friends" with and around often, before suddenly being Maxie's constant friend when ER's Lulu was fired and about the same time Sam decided she and Jason had to be "over". 

7 hours ago, Daisy said:

Cop Shop
Oh shut up. Shawn is guilty. like i can't get into this story because the dude is a killer. Okay thank you for admitting that, Shawn. (but no Jordan he's not a good man, if he willingly killed people for Sonny). 

Carly + Jason
oh shut up you stupid cow. 

Totally agree! Cannot stand this story!

Hey, cows are nature's lawn mower and they produce milk. Carly is useless and destructive. She doesn't even deserve cow's milk for her Corinthos coffee.

6 hours ago, Hater said:

Jason is a terrible love interest. I hate this mushy version of Britt and it’s way too over the top for one round of sex.

It wasn't about the sex. She let Jason get close and was vulnerable with him, when she found out she has the Huntington's marker. He was encouraging her while she was scared, told her the sex wasn't a "one-off" for him and made a few gestures showing he cared and felt affection for her. This is the first time on GH she was being real the whole time the bond was building for her, which is a big deal for someone like Britt after the life she's had. That's why she's feeling heartbroken.

36 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I'm thinking gone from GH given, if Lucas was still at the hospital, he would be around for Dr. Roger Howarth to bother with questions.

I'm really confused about Lucas too - whether Howarth's new character was indicating that he's filling a position because Lucas has been promoted into another job/department at GH or if  he's left town for a new job.   If he left GH for a job outside of Port Charles,  wouldn't Carly say "I'll miss Lucas but I'm so proud of him for getting that job in/at____" , because she makes everything about herself. 

Yes, he got permission from Dr. Robinson to talk about Lulu's case to Laura, etc. because he's "family." 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I had on my closed caption--she said Perks. 

It definitely makes sense- haha.  I just can't understand what she says most days.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

They are really trying hard with Roger Howarth aren't they? They are chem testing him and his greasy hair with everyone. I know part of the plot is to keep him away from Monica (I guess) or anyone who would recognize him (nobody). Meanwhile, they are trying every female and it ain’t working. I think Laura Wright was even trying since she has known him forever and even she wasn’t buying it. LOL!!!! It was a dumb idea to kill him off as Franco. He had made a turn where he wasn’t totally hated and had great chemistry with Rebecca Herbst but I don’t think the third (role) time is going to be the charm. 

It's amazing how the women's hair on this show can look so fantastic (Britt, Liesl, Sam) and the guys hair looks so incredibly awful. Austin? No. Why, just why? And if Dante doesn't get that strand that hangs over cut off, I'm going to reach through my screen and do it for him.

Even if they did say Hayden's name a bunch today, I still don't believe she's coming back. Sorry. Maybe I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Love how BL set Maxie straight. And I love how she's being so sympathetic to her at the same time. She's really evolved.

The angst was dialed up to an 11 today. I don't even care if people didn't like it because KT is killing it. And she looks freaking gorgeous. And so does Liesl, damn it. How did these two become my favorite mother/daughter relationship?

• Love 9
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Plot. Brook Lynn still needs a baby to get back the ELQ shares. Maybe it will come out when Austin crashes the board meeting.

The thing is - I don't even really think Brook Lynn cares about this anymore. (well she actually has said shares, i think this is why they're having a meeting to see if they'll vote Valentine out but whatever). Though BLQ doesn't really think 2 steps ahead (ie faking a pregnancy and not thinking where a baby would come from or valentine), I think at this point in time she cares more about Maxie (and her sanity) than the ELQ shakedown.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

And I hope this isnt' the end of Jax/Britt, though it certainly seemed like they were walking away friends and nothing more.  

Thank god. I despise Jax. Moreso the actor, but they blend for me.

6 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I haven’t been a jasam fan since maybe 2005 but it’s a choice to have Jason sad for only a single episode over his break-up with Sam while he’s been alternating between crying, moping and making pained faces every time we’ve seen him since ending things with Britt. 

5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I have no dog in this fight since I last liked JaSam when BM was in the role of Jason  . . . but I think Jason's emotion over Britt is a bit OTT. Maybe I haven't been paying attn but are they really that close? Are they that much in love w/each other?!? Seems a bit much to me, but then that's JMO. 

@Bringonthedrama said it very well above. This isn't about a ONS (which it wasn't, if the MOC hadn't magically appeared, they were well on their way to starting something). She completely let down her walls and let him see her. She hasn't done that with anyone else. Her past relationships have always involved either scheming or lying about something. This is the first time there has been none of that. They connected very deeply in their time away, but were already starting to open up before they ever left.  Britt's especially hurt because of her past, she doesn't trust people easily. Their bond wasn't physical, it's emotional. He's upset because he knows he hurt her, even if he's trying to warn Jax off of doing the same thing. 

4 hours ago, rur said:

As someone who has had a mother in the hospital very recently, and has had to deal with doctors over and over, no I wasn't wondering at all.

And I agree with everyone saying that Sam was bitchy to Austin. But did I care? No. Because Austin sucks. Totally not here for his character or for RH's next character eating iteration. Maybe if they pair him with Ava. But I doubt they will.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

Beautiful camera work on the final scene with Jason outside of Britt's door, with the vantage point circling out of the office.

Has anyone else had it with Kelly Monaco?   With the combination of her looking like she's been shot by a tranquilizer gun and her just mailing it in every time she's on camera..............seriously, they can get rid of that character tomorrow and I wouldn't give two shits!  Just because she's been on the show forever, doesn't mean she should be untouchable.

• Love 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, Daisy said:

again I don't have osteoporosis, I don't know anyone who does - but i find it very hard to believe that someone grabbing your wrist would make it break like that. that sounds more like bone cancer than osteoporosis to me esp according to Alexis it only started flaring up a day ago). 

Also, I don't think osteoporosis really "flares up." It's just there, and you're either fracturing things (which hadn't happened yet at the time she said it) or you're not. There are definitely signs you should be checked to see if you have it, like back pain or a more stooped posture. But what she said about her osteoporosis recently "acting up" (to set up the wrist injury) was more like what someone would say about a joint condition such as arthritis or bursitis. Those can be more or less troublesome on a given day.

Not that I ever expect GH to be on the mark when they get into medical issues.  

I will defend them on her wrist breaking from being grabbed by the guard. Some people have fractures just from coughing or sneezing or coming down too hard off of a step. I wouldn't think Alexis would be that advanced, since she's youngish, they caught hers early, and she's presumably been getting supplements (edit: I hadn't yet seen the scene in which Portia said she'd make sure Alexis gets her supplements now -- WTF?), but it's not crazy. The scene of the scuffle just wasn't as convincingly directed as it could have been.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

Not that I ever expect GH to be on the mark when they get into medical issues. 

Yeah, it's not like this Soap is about a Hospital or anything. Come to think of it, this mob-centric show can't even portray gangsters correctly.  It is, to once again quote Jake Tapper, "a hot mess, in a dumpster fire, on its way to a train wreck."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

You know, Carly, it's not really smart Mob Queen-ing to be talking to random strangers about your family.  How do you know Dr. Roger Howarth isn't a secret hit man!

I did kinda enjoy her smoothly saying that Dr. Roger Howarth must enjoy their coffee when he got all (annoyingly) babbly about the Corinthos name.

Again, I find it noticeable that Dr. O didn't mention anything about Jax having been Nina's man when she found out about Britt sleeping with him.  I'm still wondering if they are setting up future drama between the cousins, although they may have just forgotten they're related.

Edited by TeeVee329

I keep hearing how Jason and Carly always had each other's back.  I can't come up with a time when Carly had Jason's back?  

They are dragging things out by Jason not just telling Britt it is an MOC.  That's where he is hurting her the most.  He supposedly never "lies" and lies of omission always count as lies in soapland.  Britt might not like it but he can trust her to keep the secret and at least let her know that no matter how much he cares, the mob comes first.  

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, Kim0820 said:

I keep hearing how Jason and Carly always had each other's back.  I can't come up with a time when Carly had Jason's back?  

I feel like she does things where she thinks she's helping him and is actually hurting him.    But, Jason definitely always has her back.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I feel like she does things where she thinks she's helping him and is actually hurting him.    But, Jason definitely always has her back.

It's a pattern.  She'll do something to ~help him, it will backfire, he'll yell at her, she'll whine that she was only trying to help, he'll sigh and forgive her.  Pathetically dysfunctional.

• Love 13

I don't like Jason, either Q or M, so I actually found the scene with him listening outside Britt's door unintentionally hilarious (because that angst is so not this Jason) and a smidgen touching. I'll give the show and SBu props for that and for his obvious irritation at Carly for twisting the knife.

About Carly... they've given her scenes meant to show vulnerability but I'm not buying. This woman is hard through and through. That scene with Austin was so awkward. I'd beat a hasty retreat too. 

• Love 8
(edited)
11 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Beautiful camera work on the final scene with Jason outside of Britt's door, with the vantage point circling out of the office.

Has anyone else had it with Kelly Monaco?   With the combination of her looking like she's been shot by a tranquilizer gun and her just mailing it in every time she's on camera..............seriously, they can get rid of that character tomorrow and I wouldn't give two shits!  Just because she's been on the show forever, doesn't mean she should be untouchable.

Since you addressed the acting, she looked unwell in yesterday's show. Her appearance change is startling to me.

Edited by Hater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's a pattern.  She'll do something to ~help him, it will backfire, he'll yell at her, she'll whine that she was only trying to help, he'll sigh and forgive her.  Pathetically dysfunctional.

It's a codependent toxic relationship. 

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, tessaray said:

That scene with Austin was so awkward. I'd beat a hasty retreat too. 

Did anyone else notice the odd moon-walk/slide-step RoHo did when walking away from She Beast Sr?  Hilariously interesting acting choice.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I don't get why everyone thinks that Michael is such a wonderful CEO. He can't wipe his nose without permission from Carly. If they want ELQ to be a successful company, Valentin is a much better bet.

I really don't get the ELQ shares stuff in terms of resolution. Don't they know who the members of the family are and have their proxies wrapped up? Talk about incompetence. Also, unless Austin hijacks the company, the minute Valentin finds out BLQ2 is really Louise, he's going to take Brook Lynn to court so fast to yank those shares back.

Aren't we supposed to be feeling some sympathy for Spencer right about now? He's coming off increasingly creepy. And if I were Nik and Spencer was not talking to me, I'd pull his allowance and to hell with the Amalfi Coast. Stop coddling these kids who grow up to be like Michael.

17 hours ago, rur said:

Something she picked up from Carly?

My mother was quite ill in her last years and I spent a lot of time going with her to doctors' appointments and taking notes  I understand the desire to answer when the doctor asks a question but it's important that the patient answers, both in terms of accurate information and independence that other people shut. up.

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

(edit: I hadn't yet seen the scene in which Portia said she'd make sure Alexis gets her supplements now -- WTF?), but it's not crazy. The scene of the scuffle just wasn't as convincingly directed as it could have been.

Alexis said a few times that she didn't want to ask the Warden for supplements because she was so grateful to be able to work in the library, she didn't want to rock the boar.

So much for Laura being BFF with the Warden so that Alexis will be okay in jail.

• Love 5

Today's Episode

Nina + Ava w.Maxie
Oh my Lord. "I think about you all the time," re Mike  shut up. Nina... come on, come on. This is just.. the stupidest thing ever in life this week.  Goodness sakes, just move to Nixon Fails, and Video chat with Wiley. If Wiley is the "only reason" why you're in PC, then just leave.

Nina going to run to call Monica to chew her out for not letting Maxie bond and be over all the time with Bailey  was hilarious. but I do like how she acknowledged her past and was trying to get Maxie help too.

Oh Maxie. just pew pew pew on the plan. Just end it. BLQ said it was okay. Take your baby and mentally heal. 

Nixon Fails
I don't care. 

Spencer + Trina
Trina just spilling all of Ava's tea. Spencer is very much a T-Bird from  "Grease" basically singing "tell me more, tell me more!". Even though this is about him not wanting Joss to know he's in town - I would freak out if someone wanted to take my picture without my permission too. I chew my friends out for that all the time That was faux pas Trina. Always ask. 

Also spencer you've been carrying those shoes for a week? come on now.

Laura + Nik
Okay I don't know Nik, maybe focus on your son?  - oh plot twist, now he is LOL. So let's get this straight. Nik has been calling Spencer, Spencer is ignoring him, but Spencer is stalking Ava to "save Nik".. Whatever. over it. 

Spencer shows up at home. whatever. 

Austin + Scott
meh whatever. (don't care about the whole "mystery"). It's not even against RoHo but just how they went about this was boring.

Quartermaine: Business
Honestly, I will pay good money for someone to show up and blow Micheal out of the water so Valentine can still be CEO. Also why are you having a board meeting in your house? Do it at I don't know, ELQ. Oh. Olivia. Shut. Up. if you don't want to be part ELQ  then stop being involved. Well. okay now they want Ned to be CEO? Here is a thing... why not just keep Valentine to be CEO? like was he actually doing a bad job or was it just "Emergerd he's not a Q...."  Oh my god, "I'm just keeping it warm for for You and Wiley." *gag, gag gag*. Now i wish Bailey was actually Q just so she could block that from happening

Can we please remove Olivia from the Qs please? "What's with you Quatermaines?" "I can't believe you Quatermaines?" 'Omg, Quatermines, are so..." What disgusts me is that we have Olivia besmirching all the Qs, and then when Carly kidnaps an Old Woman everyone is bending over backwards to say how great that was of Carly. kick rocks, show. 

Austin announcing his full name to Micheal like Micheal is supposed to know who a Holt makes no sense to me. At all. Monica looked like a "who?" wouldn't she know what "Holt" means?

BLQ + Maxie
Why is Maxie screaming all her lines? Also all of this right by the door where everyone can hear her? lol. Monica "you are here.. again." That was kind of awkward though that Monica says "I know what it is like losing a child" (3 by last count), and Brooklyn is like "I'm sorry for your loss." like she doesn't know about Emily and AJ. That screamed for a hug and a "I miss them too," situation.

Overall - 
I doubt they're gonna have Trina/Spencer(Victor)/Ava/Nik all meet up tomorrow or Thursday so this is gonna drag on. Olivia can go kick a rock, as well as Nina lusting over Smike. I don't get Austin's game if he just "likes being a doctor." why be all drama at the ELQ share holder meeting unless it's just "taadaaa! I'm a Q!" (my whole AJ has kids thing woulda been so much better here but whatever).  Maxie is losing her mind. (and i really have to wonder if it's more freaking out over Peter vs. the Baby. she's been apart from her children before so why is not being near BaileyLu 24/7 different than when she was going to give Georgie up for good). - but even with my gripes and shut ups it was fine.... just delete the Nixon Fails part. 

• Love 6
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

So then, Valentin was voted out as CEO? I'maconfuseded here.

Well now we’re going to have to do Q math to figure out how many shares Austin gets. 

• LOL 1
Just now, GHScorpiosRule said:

no not yet. they were gonna be all voting and then Scotty showed up and said wait a minute not everyone from the family is here yet! *enter Austin*

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

So much for Laura being BFF with the Warden so that Alexis will be okay in jail.

I think it was the Assistant Warden that was given Alexis issues?

18 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

My mother was quite ill in her last years and I spent a lot of time going with her to doctors' appointments and taking notes  I understand the desire to answer when the doctor asks a question but it's important that the patient answers, both in terms of accurate information and independence that other people shut. up.

the same when my mom was going through cancer. I let my mom ask/answer all the questions and when it was done - then I asked my own questions. Sam interjecting the way she did was so stupid. 

19 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really don't get the ELQ shares stuff in terms of resolution. Don't they know who the members of the family are and have their proxies wrapped up? Talk about incompetence. Also, unless Austin hijacks the company, the minute Valentin finds out BLQ2 is really Louise, he's going to take Brook Lynn to court so fast to yank those shares back.

It's really like BLQ is ignoring this part. in what world Valentine is gonna be "Oh no baby, no problems?" i guess the argument is Valentine bamboozled the family the first time so now the family has their poo together and can vote him out. like okay he won't be CEO... but he'll still ... own part of ELQ (and as of right now, it doesn't even look like valentine cares about being CEO so... what's the point? - oh yah to have RoHo be Austin Holt i guess)

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lenny's days are numbered, obviously. Will Mike leave/Nina return before he dies?

I'm sure Mike will be holding Lenny's hand as he passes, so Lenny's dying request can be "go after Nina--you belong together!"

• LOL 9
(edited)

How does Michael not know the name "Holt"?  Austin is his father's first cousin. His contempt for the Quartermaines while feeling entitled to everything they can give him is pure entitlement.

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

(my whole AJ has kids thing woulda been so much better here but whatever

A secret AJ baby would have been so much better, someone who could have fought Michael being the golden child, someone as ruthless as Valentine and more successful than Tracy.

17 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I think it was the Assistant Warden that was given Alexis issues?

The Warden is Laura's friend, the Assistant Warden is in cahoots with Judge Carson. It would make sense the other way around that Alexis couldn't be protected but the Warden should have been able to protect her.

36 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Maxie is losing her mind. (and i really have to wonder if it's more freaking out over Peter vs. the Baby. she's been apart from her children before so why is not being near BaileyLu 24/7 different than when she was going to give Georgie up for good).

Losing Georgie was traumatic so I can understand why it would be even worse now especially since she gave birth not long ago and may be undergoing a post-partum depression. I didn't think much of Maxie's distress at first but in the scenes with Nina, KSt really sold me.

15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Lenny's days are numbered, obviously. Will Mike leave/Nina return before he dies?

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, Zzzzzzzzzz

Although all is forgiven if Mike stays in Nixon Fails permanently to run the bar.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Sam interjecting the way she did was so stupid. 

She acted like he had no qualification to treat Alexis, probably because it was Austin. She really has a knack for being terrible to people who help her. Ugh, shut up, Sam. 

I have to laugh (ruefully) at all the ELQ mishigoss. All the handwringing over Valentin being CEO (and a damn good one, it seems) yet the Qs can't get it together to decide who will take his place. I know it's for the audience's benefit and we'll be on tenterhooks (ahem), but it does the characters no favors. Michael gassing on about his family was a snore, but at least he remembered he's running Aurora, and maybe adding the CEO title of a multinational corporation isn't such a good idea.

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

someone who could have fought Michael being the golden child,

Never going to happen. Doesn't matter who the kid is. Michael will always, always win.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I don't get why everyone thinks that Michael is such a wonderful CEO. He can't wipe his nose without permission from Carly. If they want ELQ to be a successful company, Valentin is a much better bet.

Also, unless Austin hijacks the company, 

Aren't we supposed to be feeling some sympathy for Spencer right about now? He's coming off increasingly creepy. 

Seriously. Olivia's crack about "before you send Wiley off to Wharton" made me want someone to say, "He doesn't need Wharton; Michael got to be CEO as a kid who never got a bachelor's degree."

I think Austin is going to go after any share that belongs to Jason or Jason's sons.

Spencer is straight up creepy in the way he's using Trina to get all the information he wants, and I don't believe for one second he could climb a tree. I hope Trina  blasts him when she finds out the truth. Also, the script writers need to be reminded that Spencer's mother died right after he was born, not "when I was little" as he told Trina a day or so after July 4th.

18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Nina + Ava w.Maxie
Oh my Lord. "I think about you all the time," re Mike  shut up. Nina... come on, come on. This is just.. the stupidest thing ever in life this week.t I do like how she acknowledged her past and was trying to get Maxie help too.

Quartermaine: Business
  Oh my god, "I'm just keeping it warm for for You and Wiley." *gag, gag gag*. Now i wish Bailey was actually Q just so she could block that from happening

Can we please remove Olivia from the Qs please? "What's with you Quatermaines?" "I can't believe you Quatermaines?" 'Omg, Quatermines, are so..." What disgusts me is that we have Olivia besmirching all the Qs, . kick rocks, show. 

Monica looked like a "who?" wouldn't she know what "Holt" means?

BLQ + Maxie
That was kind of awkward though that Monica says "I know what it is like losing a child" (3 by last count), and Brooklyn is like "I'm sorry for your loss." like she doesn't know about Emily and AJ. That screamed for a hug and a "I miss them too," situation.

What got me was Sonny or "Smike" as some call him, remembering kissing Nina while smiling at Lenny and Phyllis being affectionate and talking about their marriage/being in love.  GAG.  As for Nina, the "troubled history with babies" line made her sound like the time Carly said "I wasn't very nice to you know when I came to town" to Bobbie.

Gag gag gag indeed.

Olivia  is such a hypocrite, getting alllll up in people's business but when Monica says you two are getting closer/still love each other, she's all "You Quartermaines..." UGH. Hey Olivia, if you think so little of the Q Family, then divorce Ned already. You knew who they all were when you married Ned.

I thought Monica was surprised to hear this man introducing himself as Austin whatever Holt, not confused. 

I also thought BL's "sorry for your loss line" was weird. Does she not know that Aunt Monica and Uncle Alan lost children - one of them by the gun of BL's beloved "the sweetest" Sonny.  I agree they should have hugged.

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

@GHScorpiosRule - Scott was busy making Austin's entrance dramatic, Michael got annoyed at Austin's inexplicable appearance and then Austin introduced himself  to Michael by his full name, finally. There hasn't been a vote yet. The Qs were expecting the vote to go Ned's way after Michael explained that he has oh so much on his plate which means he doesn't have the time to devote to ELQ  - Ned with his experience can totally take the CEO job.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A secret AJ baby would have been so much better, someone who could have fought Michael being the golden child, someone as ruthless as Valentine and more successful than Tracy.

Which would be such a nice (continuous) thing with Alan v Tracy, and AJ v Jason... I had to laugh how Micheal is all "Oh i have Aurora now, so I totally can't be CEO." This really pissed me off. (I mean ignore the entitlement for one moment if we can).  - regardless of how much I will always hate Micheal - if he had said even, I'm making plans to have someone take over my position over at Aurora because I really want to make my family's legacy grow." i would have been slightly all "aww" about it. (We'll also ignore the fact that Micheal didn't go to school, has no training about being a CEO (at either company) so he is entitled and sucky but hey). 

How many times does he wants to "rush" into taking over the business and everyone always says "nope nope nope." he has the opportunity to run his family's legacy and he's like. "yah. not feeling it," which is why i wanted to punch Ned in the face when he was like "Oh i'll just keep it warm for you and Wiley, heh heh heh." even as a "quartermaine." Micheal keeps kicking them to to the side - yet wants all the benefits. In my head cannon - AJ's Kids are getting themselves educated  so they aren't as ignorant, entitled and stupid as their 1/2 brother. (and cousin, if Austin is gonna be stomping around demanding things)

8 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

. Also, the script writers need to be reminded that Spencer's mother died right after he was born, not "when I was little" as he told Trina a day or so after July 4th.

Unless.... he's talking about Emily. Emily was involved with little Spencer for a bit was she not? (not when he was SOARSed into NB, but around a tonne helping Nik raise the baby). (but if he's going for Courtney then yah. tsk tsk tsk, writers).

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Olivia  is such a hypocrite, getting alllll up in people's business but when Monica says you two are getting closer/still love each other, she's all "You Quartermaines..." UGH. Hey Olivia, if you think so little of the Q Family, then divorce Ned already. You knew who they all were when you married Ned.

Honestly, she needs a Tracy verbal slap across the face. Even Emily got all Q-y when the time called for it. She was the Lila - wanting the peace, but when push came to shove, she was Q. Olivia is acting like it's all beneath her. (yet she slept with Sonny, kept Sonny's kid away from him. agrees with Sonny's business. go away. I hate you, Olivia).

32 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The Warden is Laura's friend, the Assistant Warden is in cahoots with Judge Carson. It would make sense the other way around that Alexis couldn't be protected but the Warden should have been able to protect her.

ahh got it. (and yeah that makes sense if it was the other way around)

14 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought Monica was surprised to hear this man introducing himself as Austin whatever Holt, not confused. 

Galtin? Galen? I missed it but it was a G.  (I don't know the Holt drama, only that there is a Jimmy Lee, and I guess it's Edwards son?) - maybe that gets cleared up tomorrow/Thursday. (Monica's look i mean) 

29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Never going to happen. Doesn't matter who the kid is. Michael will always, always win.

which is disgustingly sad :(

• Love 4