Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

(edited)
46 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm sure Mike will be holding Lenny's hand as he passes, so Lenny's dying request can be "go after Nina--you belong together!"

"Young man, you were the closest thing I ever had to a son. You brought me so much happiness, young man. As a young man, you have so many years ahead of you. Young man, don't waste them- go after Nina in Port Charles as you belong together!" 

I love that Spencer's expensive taste screwed him. LOL. I'm sure he'll skate, though.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, Daisy said:
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I thought Monica was surprised to hear this man introducing himself as Austin whatever Holt, not confused. 

Galtin? Galen? I missed it but it was a G.  (I don't know the Holt drama, only that there is a Jimmy Lee, and I guess it's Edwards son?) - maybe that gets cleared up tomorrow/Thursday. (Monica's look i mean) 

Gatlin is the maiden name of Jimmy Lee's wife.  And yes, Jimmy Lee is Edward's son.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

For a multi-bilion dollar company, ELQ is certainly half-assed at the management level. I have been to PTA meetings that were better run, with formal agendas, minutes-taking and recorded votes. And how do they get away with not accounting for who holds all of the shares and holding their proxies?

47 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Never going to happen. Doesn't matter who the kid is. Michael will always, always win.

I know that we all accept it but it's really lazy writing. Quartermaine in-fighting was one of the backbones of the show for decades, along with the hospital drama. Do they think that we are more interested in the Five Families fighting for Sonny's territory than the Q's fighting for Edward's company?

• Love 5

NIna legs and Ava's face .. so shiny!

Trina's t-shirt very appropriate for the return to scene of the fake blood spattering

Monica's blazer, didn't she also have that style in blue? It works great on her so YES buy every colour.

What Maxie was wearing today was truly horrid, I would take the patchwork kimono type top anyday over that zip up jacket thing

"Victor" up a tree looked 16. Where has he been living anyways?

Nixon Fall , ff

Jimmy Lee Holt was not during my time watching GH so what do I care. 

I'm sorry but "I'm sorry for your loss" is a statement that is just overused these days.

• Love 3

Great big giant fat kudos to Kirsten Storms.  That scene with Nina where Maxie was absolutely losing it was heartbreaking.  But do we think that will be a confession and Nina will know the Bailey/Lu secret?  I feel like someone else needs to know the secret so that when the truth comes out, and BLQ decides she wants to keep the baby, there will be someone else who can corroberate Maxie's story.  

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Great big giant fat kudos to Kirsten Storms.  That scene with Nina where Maxie was absolutely losing it was heartbreaking.  But do we think that will be a confession and Nina will know the Bailey/Lu secret?  I feel like someone else needs to know the secret so that when the truth comes out, and BLQ decides she wants to keep the baby, there will be someone else who can corroberate Maxie's story. 

Yeah, KSt was really on point there. 

I feel even if Maxie tells Nina - the fact that Nina is sitting on a gold mine of a secret totally doomed to blow up in her face - would anyone believe her if she said "Oh by the way, BLQ has Maxie's baby?" 

55 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I know that we all accept it but it's really lazy writing. Quartermaine in-fighting was one of the backbones of the show for decades, along with the hospital drama. Do they think that we are more interested in the Five Families fighting for Sonny's territory than the Q's fighting for Edward's company?

yes. which. brrst. we are not. We know that Jason will win. give us actual drama thanks. 

1 hour ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Gatlin is the maiden name of Jimmy Lee's wife.  And yes, Jimmy Lee is Edward's son.

• Love 2

Wow, how many of us guessed that Country Doctor Austin is actually Jimmy Lee Holt's son (?) I guess. Please writers - get some creative ideas, I'm begging you. The only good thing about this reveal is that it revives the Qs - at least a bit.

What we really need is for Robert to return and team with Anna, Valentin and Dante (and maybe a completely recovered Chase) and go on a good, old-fashioned Espionage jaunt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

The throw pillows on Nina's couch look like the dry cleaner couldn't get all the blood out.

51 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Do they think that we are more interested in the Five Families fighting for Sonny's territory than the Q's fighting for Edward's company?

Yes, they do.

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I love that Spencer's expensive taste screwed him. LOL. I'm sure he'll skate, though.

Same, on both counts. At least it gave him a few moments of panic. Also, where is all of his money coming from? I thought his trust fund evaporated when Nik lost the Cassadine holdings.

47 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Great big giant fat kudos to Kirsten Storms.  That scene with Nina where Maxie was absolutely losing it was heartbreaking. 

It really was. You totally felt Maxie's utter devastation and despair. She's truly at her wit's end.

LOL at Scott's "okay" when Austin said he wanted to introduce himself. Kin played that perfectly.

• Love 2

"Hello, Father--I'm home."  Oh, Spencer, you went thru puberty via recast, but you're still the same pretentious asshole as ever. 

I love Trina and Ava's relationship.  It's so genuine and believable. 

Q meeting: so is it time to get the giant spreadsheet out and figure out how all the shares are allocated?  And I guess by Austin's comment in the previews, Jimmy Lee is dead.  Which tracks, because a new Q can't pop up without an old one biting the dust. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I guess I have a heart of stone - Maxie's blubbering was getting on my nerves. LOL! I'm gonna need her to shut up about her baby. The baby is right there. You can see the baby every single day at Crimson. I just can't with her . . . . esp.  knowing she gave her first baby away to Lante!! She didn't cry this much over her very first baby. My goodness!

But don't mind me! Like I said, my heart is a stone when it comes to Maxie and her pain. 

I wonder what Spencer is planning w/r/t Trina now that he's revealed himself. Is he going to meet her secretly. I want her to just find out who he is so the story can move along. I guess he's happy Ava's gone so he's ready to come home. I still like his energy w/Trina and think they will be cute together. 

Yay . . . for moving along Austin's story. I'm interested in tomorrow's scenes. 

I swear Chad always has a "duh" look on his face. Always. 

Edited by lala2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I thought It was Austin Garrett Holt. But I didn’t quite hear it either since I was only half paying attention.

so I guess Lenny dying is the ‘beautiful’ work Mo tweeted about 🙄

7 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

so I guess Lenny dying is the ‘beautiful’ work Mo tweeted about 🙄

Probably, but with all due respect to Rif Hutton, who cares? Lenny and, to a lesser degree, Phyllis were there to facilitate Mike, not have a story of their own.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Same, on both counts. At least it gave him a few moments of panic. Also, where is all of his money coming from? I thought his trust fund evaporated when Nik lost the Cassadine holdings.

I thought Spencer's trust fund was seperate from what Valentin took when he took control.

Still, Nik got back control of the Cassadine holdings when it was revealed that Valentin was Helena's son and not Mikkos. I am sure that Nikolas made the trust fund was up and running again for Spencer because he thought throwing money at his problems with Spencer would fix everything.

When Nina is looking at you as if you are cray-cray, it's time to confess the truth about giving the baby to BLQ. Unless Maxie starts confiding in people what she is doing to protect Bailey (because Louise is a horrible name), they are going to lock up her up for her own good.

The actor Spencer look younger today with the wind blowing in his hair in his scenes with Trina.

But I call foul on the fact that he is still walking around with those boots with the fake blood (whose the bottom soles still seem to be wet) and has not thrown them out yet. 

He is totally going to get caught because of course he didn't pay in cash.

Since Phyllis doesn't want to confide in Nina about Lenny's heart condition, I expect that they aldong with Mike are going to Port Charles and meet with noted cardiologist/cardiac surgeon Dr Monica Quartermain. And shenaningans.

Finally, I don't Austin is claiming his share of ELQ from the never expiring codicil where Q grandkids/greatgrandkids. He was interested specifically in Michael. I think he is going to argue that Michael isn't entitled to his shares due to be adopted by Sonny or some messy business Edward/Alan/Jimmy Lee cooked up back in the day when Monica was sleeping with Sean and divorcing Alan.

At one point, Alan was presumed dead with Sean looking like the chief suspect. In reality, Alan was in Pautauk pretending to have amnesia/hanging out with Charity Gatlin. The Qs wanted to frame Sean, get his fortune and save ELQ for themselves.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

I feel like someone else needs to know the secret so that when the truth comes out, and BLQ decides she wants to keep the baby, there will be someone else who can corroberate Maxie's story.  

Wouldn't a DNA test* confirm that Maxie is the mom?

*not performed at GH

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

It's a pattern.  She'll do something to ~help him, it will backfire, he'll yell at her, she'll whine that she was only trying to help, he'll sigh and forgive her.  Pathetically dysfunctional.

"The thing you gotta understand about Carly is that when she helps someone, even when it backfires, she helps with her whole heart. Not just a part of it!" 

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

"Young man, you were the closest thing I ever had to a son. You brought me so much happiness, young man. As a young man, you have so many years ahead of you. Young man, don't waste them- go after Nina in Port Charles as you belong together!" 

I would die laughing, as Rif Hutton is only a year older than MB and it looks that way, even though the "Mike"/Lenny scenes seem designed to make us think there's a 15- or 20-year gap.

• LOL 7
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Unless Maxie starts confiding in people what she is doing to protect Bailey (because Louise is a horrible name), they are going to lock up her up for her own good.

Here's a question, I assumed Maxie leaving town was to fascilitate KSt's medical emergency and she'd be leaving alone.  But is it possible that Maxie will in fact grab the baby and skip town with her?  Because I think that would make for a more interesting story, in that, does BLQ tell the truth or not.  

1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Wouldn't a DNA test* confirm that Maxie is the mom?

But why would BLQ/Valentin agree to at DNA test?  BLQ knows the truth but if she's decided she doesn't want to give up the baby because she's just so darn adorable then there would be no reason for her to agree to it.  Especially if people just assume that Maxie has lost her everloving mind.  

1 hour ago, nilyank said:

In reality, Alan was in Pautauk pretending to have amnesia/hanging out with Charity Gatlin.

Ooooooh, that was either slightly before my time, or one of my hiatuses (hiatusi?!) is it possible that Alan is Austin's father via Charity, raised by Jimmy Lee?  Which would give him more of a legal claim as Alan's son than as Jimmy Lee's seeing JL was disinherited by Edward.  

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

But is it possible that Maxie will in fact grab the baby and skip town with her?  Because I think that would make for a more interesting story, in that, does BLQ tell the truth or not.  

I would like that very much.

and then you have BLQ struggling to tell everyone... "well it's kinda okay - because it is actually Louise." (they'd probably not have her say anything because of the peter thing. or they do something to jepordize the Q's and ELQ because as of right now BLQ is very happy to end it to give Maxie her peace of mind

11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

BLQ knows the truth but if she's decided she doesn't want to give up the baby because she's just so darn adorable

I want to see Brook Lynn honor the agreement she made with Maxie and accept the consequences when people find out. But when Olivia starts up, I want both Maxie and BLQ to remind her that what they did with Bailey/Louise isn't nearly as bad as what Olivia did with Leo, so Olivia can shut. the. fuck. up.

• Love 15

I hope it was Trina's actress who decided upon that hairstyle and not GH hair department, otherwise they can fuck on off a cliff.

I don't mind Maxie crying but the sniffling is too much.  "Never in, always out" is what I say.

24 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

Here's a question, I assumed Maxie leaving town was to fascilitate KSt's medical emergency and she'd be leaving alone. 

I thought Kirsten's medical condition came about suddenly.  Was there even time for the show to write around it?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lala2 said:

I guess I have a heart of stone - Maxie's blubbering was getting on my nerves. LOL! I'm gonna need her to shut up about her baby. The baby is right there. You can see the baby every single day at Crimson. I just can't with her . . . . esp.  knowing she gave her first baby away to Lante!! She didn't cry this much over her very first baby. My goodness!

Dante and Lulu were complaining about Maxie having boundary issues with "Connie" starting just hours after Maxie gave birth, because Maxie was seen in the hospital nursery trying to breastfeed her. They confronted Maxie in her hospital bed and she started crying.  Things got worse from there...

5 hours ago, Blackie said:

NIna legs and Ava's face .. so shiny!

Monica's blazer, didn't she also have that style in blue? It works great on her so YES buy every colour.

The only positive thing I can say about the Nina-Ava scene was that Ava looked gorgeous between the hair style and length, makeup, earrings and that lovely/artsy blouse. 

Totally agree that the pastel blue and pink blazers look beautiful on Monica. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Froddstin needs to go away.  Forever.  Same character, just as annoying.

Really hope that Maxie doesn't meet a really tall guy with Peter's face when she goes out of town. 

Ava's top looks like she:

a.) stood too close to the squid tank

b.) took up chimney sweeping in her spare time.

Fascinating how a pair of rare hiking boots in one specific size can be tracked, like stores keep records like that.  <rme> 

Lenny, dead pool.  Nina will have to return for the funeral.

• Love 1

I hope I’m not being offensive with my comment but I don’t get what they’re doing with Shawn’s story. We have the obviously racist judge who probably gave Shawn a harsher sentence than necessary but Shawn himself said yesterday that if he was never sent to prison, he would more than likely still be working for Sonny. It just flies in the face of the message that the show is trying to send to have Shawn admit that he would have continued being a criminal if he never went to prison. I get that they’re trying to be topical and remedy a poorly conceived exit but he’s really not the character for this type of SL. 

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I hope I’m not being offensive with my comment but I don’t get what they’re doing with Shawn’s story. We have the obviously racist judge who probably gave Shawn a harsher sentence than necessary but Shawn himself said yesterday that if he was never sent to prison, he would more than likely still be working for Sonny. It just flies in the face of the message that the show is trying to send to have Shawn admit that he would have continued being a criminal if he never went to prison. I get that they’re trying to be topical and remedy a poorly conceived exit but he’s really not the character for this type of SL. 

you're not offending me. it was a dumb story. 

They easily could have had the racist storyline and had it linked to the hospital. a lot of people are diagnosed differently because of race/weight/gender and they didn't even need to be totally "OMG! SHE IS RACIST" they could just open the dialogue that diseases impact genders/races differently and they had to re-educate the younger up and comers in medicine. 

having this linked to a mob enforcer who basically was all "meh, i'd still be killing for sonny anyway" it's like okay the Judge was racist but was she wrong to put Shawn in jail for ages and ages? probably not if he was gonna come out and murder people again anyway. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don't think that Shawn's willingness to be a criminal necessarily negates the issue of a racist judge handing out disproportionate sentences to Black defendants.  The point of the story isn't so much about Shawn himself as it is about people of color and racial bias within the criminal justice system.

Yeah, using Shawn's situation may make it harder to digest. When you have a show where so many of the characters are unabashed criminals, the options become limited.

• Love 6

I wasn't really interested in today (Austin, Nixon Falls), but I decided to tune in for Ava and for Trina. And a little bit for Maxie and BLQ.

This show really gets worse and worse with things that irk the hell out of me. So now not only are Ava and Nina BFF's, but Ava is staying with Nina in HER old penthouse??? I'm so glad that Maura feels the same way as I do. Because I really can't stand seeing this shit. And don't think they can butter me up by both of them railing against Carly. Even though I love hearing anybody bitch about Carly. They are speaking for me. Ava does look fabulous though. LLC also looks really good. And Monica's blazer!

Laura is always so comforting. I love just having her on. 

Spencer's hair and his acting need work. A lot of work.

Trina referencing George Glass reinforces my love for her. I have a strong affinity for The Brady Bunch. Love Trina and Ava's friendship and relationship. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Nina to Maxie: You know I have a troubled history with babies. ( Uh, yeah, like the time you induced Ava's labor and stole the baby, only to name it after your favorite horse!?!?! But sure... Go with 'troubled') 

The ELQ shares thing is just confusing, Valentine got the 50.5% he needed, and if he's given the shares back to BLQ idk what damage Austin can do, unless he's Alan's kid, and laying claim to shares that have already been divvyed up.

But then, I'm still trying to figure out how Nell could sell Valentin Oscar's shares when Shiloh never went to court with the Q's over Oscar's will. 

Edited by sacrebleu
Typo
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

Finally, I don't Austin is claiming his share of ELQ from the never expiring codicil where Q grandkids/greatgrandkids. He was interested specifically in Michael. I think he is going to argue that Michael isn't entitled to his shares due to be adopted by Sonny or some messy business Edward/Alan/Jimmy Lee cooked up back in the day when Monica was sleeping with Sean and divorcing Alan.

At one point, Alan was presumed dead with Sean looking like the chief suspect. In reality, Alan was in Pautauk pretending to have amnesia/hanging out with Charity Gatlin. The Qs wanted to frame Sean, get his fortune and save ELQ for themselves.

I think that's an interesting angle, and would explain why Austin has been taking an interest in Michael in particular. Michael was Edward's favorite and that was even after Sonny adopted him against AJ's will, so I imagine Michael's inheritance was pretty clearly stated in Edward's will. Michael tends to get all the Q benefits without fully embracing the fact he's a Quartermaine, so forcing him to denounce himself as a Corinthii (especially since Sonny is "dead") to take back his "birth right" with the Quartermaine's would actually be a really good story for him. But since he's the golden child and all the Q's love him, this seems like a simple rallying event.

8 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

The ELQ shares thing is just confusing, Valentine got the 50.5% he needed, and if he's given the shares back to BLQ idk what damage Austin can do, unless he's Alan's kid, and laying claim to shares that have already been divvyes up.

This is what I'm thinking too. Although I thought Alan left all of his shares to Jason's children. Was Jimmy Lee disinherited, or was he entitled to whatever percent Edward's children got? I assumed he was disinherited because no one mentioned him during the last Q shuffle when Valentin took over, and I would assume Edward's children had the biggest chunk, but I recall we did the math last time, and all the claims accounted for well over 100%

• Useful 1

I'm confused by the shares too, or more so the proxies of people not there. 

Jason should have attended. Who has his and proxies for his kids? Michael I guess.

Drew's proxy? Tracy, Dillion must be with Ned?

Where's Lucy and her 1%?

Skye's proxy?

Maya's?

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Jason should have attended. Who has his and proxies for his kids? Michael I guess.

No, Valentin got the proxy for Jason's kids from Sam ( so she could get a nicer parole officer) he's got those shares until the kids are legal adults. ( For a con artist, Sam was such an easy mark) 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I think that they want to have it both ways -- do the racism-in-judging story and redeem Shawn by having him admit that he was wrong to be Sonny's flunky. Maybe they have a plan for the character after all. Unlike Curtis.

The 'prejudice in diagnosis' banner will be taken by Terry and her platform for CoS based on equal medical rights for trans people (as she told Portia) even if it is a month late.

12 hours ago, ciarra said:

Fascinating how a pair of rare hiking boots in one specific size can be tracked, like stores keep records like that.  <rme>

The very high end stores, the ones I will never be able to afford, keep lists of their customers and what they bought so that they can sell them matching accessories.

It's a logical idea that Spencer is using his trust fund to pay for his trips etc. But usually the kids with trustfunds don't get unlimited access to them till they're 25 or older. Nik needs to learn better parenting skills.

ETA: Lucy and her 1% went to Valentin because he invested in her company.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Drew's proxy? Tracy, Dillion must be with Ned?

Where's Lucy and her 1%?

Skye's proxy?

Maya's?

I think everyone is probably still aligned from the last vote. So Valentin would be proxy for all the shares he swept up, and Team Q would be proxy through Ned, Michael, and Monica. Was Monica given proxy to Drew's (how did he even get shares when he was a previously unknown grandchild...) or were they split between Oscar and Scout and given to Valentin via Sam Scam and Nelle.

Lucy technically still has her 1% and could side whichever way she wants, depending on how much she needs Valentin at the time. 

What exactly happened to BLQ's shares? Did Val give them back in exchange for his name on BLQ2's birth certificate?

Edited by absnow54
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Valentin got the proxy for Jason's kids from Sam ( so she could get a nicer parole officer) he's got those shares until the kids are legal adults. ( For a con artist, Sam was such an easy mark) 

She blames Valentin for 'tricking her' into this when he flat out told her what he'd do for her and she greedily accepted without a moment's pause.  But, sure Sam, you were bamboozled.  

• Love 12
(edited)
31 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

All because 18 months was an untenable amount of time to stay away from Jason. That story was rage-blackout inducing for me. 

The same Jason who was more than ok with her staying away and told her to stop making an issue out of it. I’m still curious what she thought Valentin would do with her kids’ voting proxies since they have no inherent value on their own. 

The whole SL with Valentin taking over ELQ (and Nikolas before him) made me realize how dumb Edward was to leave ELQ stock to his whole family. There is always a divide between those that truly care about the company and those that can’t be bothered and are easy marks for a takeover. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

The whole SL with Valentin taking over ELQ (and Nikolas before him) made me realize how dumb Edward was to leave ELQ stock to his whole family. There is always a divide between those that truly care about the company and those that can’t be bothered and are easy marks for a takeover. 

And weren't both Jax and Sonny prominent shareholders at one point? Whatever happened with that? 

20 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

The throw pillows on Nina's couch look like the dry cleaner couldn't get all the blood out.

Ha. I thought they were maybe made with some leftover fabric from Carly’s tampon dress.

I have to give the show credit for trying with some of the new outdoor scenes. At least they’ve moved away from just the one corner of the park. Was that the studio cafeteria they were outside of the other day? 

• Love 3

I know the characters don't know they're in a soap opera, but some historical knowledge would be welcome. Nina shouldn't think Maxie and BLQ cooking up a scheme to keep Bailey/Louise safe from Peter is so out of the box. Even IRL it's not that crazy. People lie about kids all the time.

Yes, Laura, it's so charming your turd of a grandson is "still a snob." Good lord. All Spencer will get is a tsk-tsk when Laura and Nik find out Spencer is Ava's stalker, and Ava will have to forgive him instantly. Because it's just Spencer being Spencer, don'tcha know. Ugh.

The less said about Nixon Falls, the better.

Ugh, back to Gladys tomorrow.

• Love 3

Today's Episode

Cassadines
Ava "who has more right to hold the launch but me?!"  lol. Laura is so nice and grammy. also Spencer shut up. Ava would have welcomed you. I'm going to give Spencer a few weeks free (acting wise) since this was his first  job, but he's starting to fall for me. Nik cutting through the bull - verra vera nice. Laura when you find out that the "sick bastard" is your grandson, are you gonna be that harsh (you should). 

Maxie + Nina
Maxie finally told the truth, yay for her sanity. In a way i'm glad Valentine's bonding with Bailey (and how he'll be devastated) . Nina does have a point. (though she didn't say it) - Maxie should have leaned on her army instead of her stupid stupid plan). 

Nixon Fails
still don't care*

Quatermaines
lmao Olivia. okay that was hilarious. I legit cracked up how she burst out like that and then "I'm not judgin' i swear" Oh of course, they kill off another Q.  Jimmy Lee didn't have to be dead. haha Brook Lyn. "you think this is a scuffle?"  i am liking the zips.  (Olivia is bordering on a shut up tho now),

But...okay I'm just gonna say - like Austin. you have no rights. If Q disinherited Holt and all his progney - you're out. you're not entitled to everything and just showing up thinking that you do.. blegh. (again. so much stronger had this been AJ's kid. It would have made sense with the Micheal attention etc).  "Spoken like a true child a privilege," says someone who wants to take something he has no rights to. BLQ is right. like how you fight Edward's decisions this way? the only way i can see it is if they challenge his state of mind (which i mean to be fair how the will is divided is a good way to do it because it was dumb) - but if Holt wins here, I wonder if it opens up Tracy to get more shares too (ie: only getting Relish). 

(Olivia is embracing being a Q today. that's what I was talking about yesterday). But if we're going to get a Q battle. bring. it. on. 

Anna + Finn
honestly, if this is the reason why you were pushing Valentine away, Anna - please (and I say this with no offense to Finn) - let it gooo, let it gooo and run into Valentine's arms. Honestly this is so stupid. I truly don't get why Finn didn't tell people the truth. Even if they were going to question him, considering the circumstances they would have done it in the lab or something (teehee Finn's stink eye was funny)

Okay, i will say with the zingers and looks and stuff, that made the episode for me. Like I mentioned, i'm going to give Spencer some leeway since it's his first job but way of speaking and how he's delivering lines now is kind of bugging me. 

I also really didn't want to comment on it, but man when Mike went "Well I need a second opinion." i wanted to punch his face in (and i wish Lenny would have). Dude. it's not about you. 

(edited)
18 minutes ago, Daisy said:

In a way i'm glad Valentine's bonding with Bailey (and how he'll be devastated) .

As much as Nina agreed to keep Maxie's secret, I get the feeling that the next time Nina sees Valentin bonding with the baby, she'll have a hard time not telling him the truth.  To spare his feelings.  

Jimmy Lee didn't have to be dead.

Especially seeing as Steve Bond is still very much alive and looking good for his age.  Athough I just read an article that says he wasn't happy that his character ended up with Charity since he would have preferred Jimmy Lee end up with Celia.  So maybe he wasn't interested in coming back to PC.  

like how you fight Edward's decisions this way? the only way i can see it is if they challenge his state of mind

Edward died in 2012, how can they possibly claim that he was not of sound mind.  It's been 9 years.  Also, it's been 9 years, why hasn't Austin shown up before now.  I actually don't mind the story so much, but I just don't like RoHo in the role.  

I also really didn't want to comment on it, but man when Mike went "Well I need a second opinion." i wanted to punch his face in (and i wish Lenny would have). Dude. it's not about you. 

And when he was going on about how he would help pay for the treatment.  With what? Monopoly money?  Or is he going to win another poker game.  So stupid and a storyline that literally NO ONE cares about.  There is no one online that likes the Nixon Falls story.  Sonny haters hate it, Sonny lovers want him back home with Carly.  BLECH!!

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 2
23 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

As much as Nina agreed to keep Maxie's secret, I get the feeling that the next time Nina sees Valentin bonding with the baby, she'll have a hard time not telling him the truth.  To spare his feelings.  

Yeah- that's not going to end very well.  I just saw in the previews Nina chewing Brook Lynn out and all i have to say is "honey please, you wanna screw Mike (ew), and you're hiding the fact that he's alive to everyone. you have no room to talk."

Especially seeing as Steve Bond is still very much alive and looking good for his age.  Athough I just read an article that says he wasn't happy that his character ended up with Charity since he would have preferred Jimmy Lee end up with Celia.  So maybe he wasn't interested in coming back to PC.  

Probably. i have to remember this isn't the old regime that murdered Q's any chance they had, but i just feel this would have been stronger if it were Jimmy Lee Holt not his son. like i said - wtf are you entitled to? Nothing. if it were Jimmy Lee at least you have the whole "I'M HIS SON!" (man Tracey would be great here). but as i said yesterday  imo i would have been strongest if it had been AJ's secret born children (because they would have rights and it sets up more battles). Also. I'm not sure if I like RoHo as a Q. 

Edward died in 2012, how can they possibly claim that he was not of sound mind.  It's been 9 years.  Also, it's been 9 years, why hasn't Austin shown up before now.  I actually don't mind the story so much, but I just don't like RoHo in the role.  

Right? Like what are you petitioning? Edward has the right to not give people a piece of his fortune/company. What are you going to argue "Well every other grand kid got to have a percentage, so booo hoo where's my piece?" like get out of here with that.  (and we match re: RoHo)

And when he was going on about how he would help pay for the treatment.  With what? Monopoly money?  Or is he going to win another poker game.  So stupid and a storyline that literally NO ONE cares about.  There is no one online that likes the Nixon Falls story.  Sonny haters hate it, Sonny lovers want him back home with Carly.  BLECH!!

Right like Lenny is all "I know what i pay you." like... I'm sorry this guy (I have zero attachment to) is dying. but i don't care. I don't care about Lenny, I don't care about Phyllis, I don't care about the Tan-O, i don't care about this town. and I don't care that Sonny is all weepy eyed over them. I mean it means he's not in Port Charles so thank goodness for small favours, but this is such a snooze. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

All because 18 months was an untenable amount of time to stay away from Jason. That story was rage-blackout inducing for me. 

I think the worst part about this is that she ended up dumping Jason like two months later?

And Jason moved on without so even blinking an eye (he doesn't usually blink but still) and is now pining over Britt. 

Spencer is still an insufferable little snot. Why do they insist on writing him like this? Also, my dude, posture.

I don't for another story about the Q shares. Those shares are indivisible. Also, STFU Michael. Shouldn't you be standing outside the gatehouse looking at Willow and Chase or something and crying over it in your cereal? Or shouldn't you be talking Wylie to death?

Maxie is a headcase confessing to another headcase. I don't know how that's gonna end.

I'm assuming that we will have a near miss at NY Methodist. I was legit thinking during the episode that they would find out that Monica was the specialist and that they'd need to go to PC. I thought that today may have been MB's best day in acting. The dude who plays Lenny sure did, but it sucks, because this storyline is horrid and I can't bring myself to care about him or Phyllis.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Nina to Maxie: You know I have a troubled history with babies. ( Uh, yeah, like the time you induced Ava's labor and stole the baby, only to name it after your favorite horse!?!?! But sure... Go with 'troubled') 

Yeah talk about understating things….you ripped a baby out of another woman’s womb….I mean technically I guess that’s “troubled” behavior but more like “I completely lost my shit” behavior. 

42 minutes ago, Daisy said:

also really didn't want to comment on it, but man when Mike went "Well I need a second opinion." i wanted to punch his face in (and i wish Lenny would have). Dude. it's not about you. 

I also REALLY don’t want to talk about this stupid ass storyline but if anyone gave up on life it was Sonny/Mike. He crawled out of that embankment or wherever the fuck he was for what??  To tend bar in some small town and have no forking clue of who or what he was?!  Even worse, he doesn’t even forking care!!!  So shut it Smike just SHUT IT. 

Also it sucks about Lenny but I’m sorry I don’t care about these people or this ridiculous story. Either bring them into the GH fold or just make them go away. 

I don’t really understand all the Quartermaine shares shenanigans but I did laugh out loud at Olivia shouting out that Jimmy Lee was a bastard son like she was a contestant on family feud. That was hilarious. 

• Love 2

They should have kept Jimmy Lee Holt alive. This regime is pretty legacy character (or even character) killing happy in its own right, so I am not surprised Jimmy Lee Holt was killed off.I wasn't watching in the 80s, but what did he do that Edward would disown him like that? I know what Tracy did that got her cut from his will, but that didn't extend to any of her kids. I was pretty shocked that Tracy threw that down and no really followup for nearly a decade. New never followup on any storyline. I know some think that this is "awesome" because of the occasional twist, but I think it is still poorly written.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

I don’t really understand all the Quartermaine shares shenanigans but I did laugh out loud at Olivia shouting out that Jimmy Lee was a bastard son like she was a contestant on family feud. That was hilarious. 

lol right?! all that was missing was her squealing and clapping. because she got it right. 

8 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

also REALLY don’t want to talk about this stupid ass storyline but if anyone gave up on life it was Sonny/Mike. He crawled out of that embankment or wherever the fuck he was for what??  To tend bar in some small town and have no forking clue of who or what he was?!  Even worse, he doesn’t even forking care!!!  So shut it Smike just SHUT IT. 

right?! and while i don't care about Carly (either), or Micheal - if they were other people, I would be devastated for them that he didn't even take the 2 minutes to figure out who he was, and where he came from. It was basically like "oh i have amnesia, I'll just stay here. Oh I dreamed about a blonde woman, that is you strange blonde woman who just showed up in my life.  any other show you would be looking soooo forward to the fall out of him NOT wanting to figure out his life but basically, Sonny is gonna dimple up at Carly, and Carly isn't gonna give up being a Mob Moll, and Micheal literally forgave Sonny for worse, so this is going to have no repercussions except for Nina losing everything (and quite frankly... (thanks show for making me side with Cujo and her spawn) she should. this is totally sketch what she's doing).

7 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

They should have kept Jimmy Lee Holt alive. This regime is pretty legacy character (or even character) killing happy in its own right, so I am not surprised Jimmy Lee Holt was killed off.I wasn't watching in the 80s, but what did he do that Edward would disown him like that? I know what Tracy did that got her cut from his will, but that didn't extend to any of her kids. I was pretty shocked that Tracy threw that down and no really followup for nearly a decade. New never followup on any storyline. I know some think that this is "awesome" because of the occasional twist, but I think it is still poorly written.  

Do you mean the keeping the medicine away from Edward way back when.... or did Tracy do something different?  (I'm curious about that too. like. to just disinherit everyone named Holt is kinda Harsh even for Edward. I mean. considering Skye's actions contributed to Alan's death, and Edward forgave her), Jimmy Lee musta done something horrid. 

58 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It's always about Sonny, even when he's Mike.

which is pathetic and sad :(

• Love 3

The whole Spencer thing is just so stupid. He’s all pissed at Ava for going back on her word about Valentin killing Nikolas. Well news flash trust fund baby Valentin didn’t kill your precious Father, HE WAS FAKING HIS OWN DEATH. Ugh. I’m trying to give new Spencer a chance but yeah, I think Im not really feeling him.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Daisy said:

and while i don't care about Carly (either), or Micheal - if they were other people, I would be devastated for them that he didn't even take the 2 minutes to figure out who he was, and where he came from.

Yes!   I mean he’s wearing a wedding ring!!!  Carly pretty much deserves every bad thing she gets but it’s horrible that Sonny didn’t even try for two seconds to figure out who the hell he is. And they fucking LAUGH about it!!  I find that extremely gross. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Do you mean the keeping the medicine away from Edward way back when.... or did Tracy do something different?  (I'm curious about that too. like. to just disinherit everyone named Holt is kinda Harsh even for Edward. I mean. considering Skye's actions contributed to Alan's death, and Edward forgave her), Jimmy Lee musta done something horrid. 

Aside for the meds, Tracy in the aughts stole a bunch of money and shares of ELQ after Alan died by forging a will. Heck, I think Edward played on his own share of mind games on Tracy, but I don't blame him for cutting her out for that stunt. 

Thats the thing, Jimmy must have done something horrid, but what hell was it since It isn't like Edward to just up and do something like that to offspring of unfavored kids. Edward never cut out Ned, Dillon or BrookLynn. Ron Calvarti and Frank put that out there with no follow up. Someone's billionaire father cuts them out of a will and no offsprings are going to challenge it. I would say there was some sort of morals clause in his will, but Jason is a murderer with his own illegitimate son, so what is worse. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

She blames Valentin for 'tricking her' into this when he flat out told her what he'd do for her and she greedily accepted without a moment's pause.  But, sure Sam, you were bamboozled.  

🙄🙄🙄

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

🙄🙄🙄

1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Yes, Laura, it's so charming your turd of a grandson is "still a snob." Good lord. All Spencer will get is a tsk-tsk when Laura and Nik find out Spencer is Ava's stalker, and Ava will have to forgive him instantly. Because it's just Spencer being Spencer, don'tcha know. Ugh.

🤬🤬🤬🤬

• LOL 1