Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Well, yeah. Anna discovered that weeks ago. That's another reason why she's been trying to track him down.

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

yeah i missed that. (lol oops).

I guess I missed that as well or forgot they were related

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Nobody in this family is very good at keeping it in their pants.

So true!  I amended my comment. 

5 hours ago, statsgirl said:

why is Brook Lynn wearing that blue jacket as if she's an executive in an office? Spit up and drool are hard to clean off that fabric.

Brooklyn has more colorful blazers than Mr. Rogers had cardigans. One in every color!

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Daisy said:

And now we're going to talk about another kiss.  

Are all of the writers on vacation and they're just passing the same scripts from scene to scene? (Not that it's all that different when the writers aren't on vacation.)

Trina's hair looked amazing. Her bikini was adorable, too. That mint green looks great on her.

Valentin lurking in the background of the bar while Anna ineptly flirted with the pilot was pretty funny.

I don't know how much money Nina still has, but my chemo is more than $14,000 a pop, and I'm there every other week. It adds up.

• Love 5

It’s so beyond ridiculous that Cam is laying on that lounge trying to get “some sun” while wearing his shirt. He’s got to be the first teen I’ve seen on television who isn’t shirtless while at a pool. And the mini SheBeast with those ridonkulous earrings. No way will she be going in the water. It’s all stoopid.

How is Anna still an agent? That was so cringingly bad. And that Valentin had to step in to save her.  UGH.

Spencer is such an obnoxious needy, insecure twerps piece of 💩 and Nik is so stupid to believe how he knew about the cockroach.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm watching last week's episode where Spencer goes to see Nik and Laura and he's such a slime ball, I hope that when they figure out the stalker is Spencer they take turns slapping him into the bay. Probably won't but I can hope.

Austin and Ava are such masters of the subtle shade.

I guess they're going to skip the references to the free-at-point-of-service Canadian medical system since they just did it with Britt.

5 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

You think BL is the one cleaning the spit up and drool off her clothes?

My bad. The clothes look really uncomfortable though, especially since Brook Lynn was never a  corporate type.

ETA: Spinelli is such a pathetic loser. Now that Jason is back, he can't let Ellie take the lead and steer him away, being with Jason makes him alive. I guess it's not just Carly who has had the hots for Jason for years.

Edited by statsgirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I don't know how much money Nina still has, but my chemo is more than $14,000 a pop, and I'm there every other week. It adds up.

I'm so tired of the ongoing saga of "Lenny and Phyllis are poor and Mike and Nina save the day."  It's just so goddamned insulting to them. 

And AJ was very well could've been.  If I'm not mistaken, they actually thought that Rick Webber was the father at one point.

That's correct.  AJ's blood type matched Rick's, not Alan's, but then Monica noticed the baby had a birthmark just like Alan's and further testing proved some rare blood type that made it possible he was Alan's after all.  If I'm not mistaken, Monica lied for awhile and kept letting Rick believe the baby was his, so yeah, that woman's got a few scandals in her past, to say the least.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I'm so tired of the ongoing saga of "Lenny and Phyllis are poor and Mike and Nina save the day."  It's just so goddamned insulting to them. 

Seriously!  I mean however did these two survive before Smike came to save the day. They are being written as complete dimwits.

• Love 4

I’m already over the pool. 3 straight episodes of people having boring conversations there and a set should never be the focus of the scene. Also, aside from the first day, they are filming the scenes in a way that makes it obvious how shallow the pool is. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Are all of the writers on vacation and they're just passing the same scripts from scene to scene? (Not that it's all that different when the writers aren't on vacation.)

Trina's hair looked amazing. Her bikini was adorable, too. That mint green looks great on her.

Valentin lurking in the background of the bar while Anna ineptly flirted with the pilot was pretty funny.

How much does Medicare cover for that kind of treatment?  Lenny has to be old enough to receive Medicare.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, Suicidy said:

How much does Medicare cover for that kind of treatment?  Lenny has to be old enough to receive Medicare.

I know that my mind wanders when we are in Nixon Falls but wasn't Lenny a veteran? Also wouldn't Phyllis have Lenny on her health coverage as she is still a nurse and should get some kind of medical coverage with her job.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

The teen scene on this show is so strangely innocent and boring. Not that I need a soap full of sex crazed teens, but it all rings really false and makes the teens seem like an afterthought. So different from the 90s teen scene. Trina and Spencer should be more interesting than they are, and don’t even get me started on the snooze fest that is Cam and Joss once again obsessing over a kiss. 

But as with all things GH, as soon as I wander off this forum I see fans love all these things. The YouTube comments are so positive and excited about both couples. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That's correct.  AJ's blood type matched Rick's, not Alan's, but then Monica noticed the baby had a birthmark just like Alan's and further testing proved some rare blood type that made it possible he was Alan's after all.  If I'm not mistaken, Monica lied for awhile and kept letting Rick believe the baby was his, so yeah, that woman's got a few scandals in her past, to say the least.

Wasn't one of Monica's dalliances with a tennis pro - whom she later found out was her nephew, Ned!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Spinelli is such a pathetic loser. Now that Jason is back, he can't let Ellie take the lead and steer him away, being with Jason makes him alive.

The show won't do it, but once Maxie returns, this would be a good time for her to ask for full custody, since Ellie is out of the picture, and Jar Jar Binks is open about wanting work for the gummybearwedon'tdodrugsandotherrealmafiathingsbutwe'restillthemob Corinthos "organization".

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Ward was the name Ned was going by at the spa. I don't remember the last name.

Because I have no life, I did some digging and found only the name Ward for his character at Green Meadows Spa.  Of course Ned had a more famous alter-ego, Eddie Maine.

11 hours ago, nilyank said:
11 hours ago, Suicidy said:

I know that my mind wanders when we are in Nixon Falls but wasn't Lenny a veteran? Also wouldn't Phyllis have Lenny on her health coverage as she is still a nurse and should get some kind of medical coverage with her job.

This is the show that had a cop unable to get medical coverage for a job-related injury and a nurse wife whose insurance apparently didn't cover spouses.

It would be more palatable if Nina were paying what Medicare or another insurance didn't cover. She still help, but it would lessen the white-savior grossness.

9 hours ago, racked said:

The teen scene on this show is so strangely innocent and boring. Not that I need a soap full of sex crazed teens

Are all of the actors 18? That's a big factor in what the show can legally do.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, KayVeeTeeVee said:

Because I have no life, I did some digging and found only the name Ward for his character at Green Meadows Spa.  Of course Ned had a more famous alter-ego, Eddie Maine.

Yep. That's where they had the affair. I think Monica went there after her breast cancer storyline, and met up with the nephew by marriage she apparently had never heard of or seen until he showed up in Port Charles.

10 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yep. That's where they had the affair. I think Monica went there after her breast cancer storyline, and met up with the nephew by marriage she apparently had never heard of or seen until he showed up in Port Charles.

No, it had to be before that.  Right after her breast cancer story was when they got Emily because that's where Monica met Paige.  She met Ward/Ned in the late '80s. While Frisco was dead (not sure why that's how I measure time GH-wise).  Her breast cancer story had to happen well after that.

She had heard of her nephew, that was why it was important that he had a fake name.  I think I even remember something about saying she hadn't seen him since he was 7 when he turned up in PC as Ned.  But, like the digital camera scene, I could be making that up.  

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

No, it had to be before that.  Right after her breast cancer story was when they got Emily because that's where Monica met Paige.  She met Ward/Ned in the late '80s. While Frisco was dead (not sure why that's how I measure time GH-wise).  Her breast cancer story had to happen well after that.

She had heard of her nephew, that was why it was important that he had a fake name.  I think I even remember something about saying she hadn't seen him since he was 7 when he turned up in PC as Ned.  But, like the digital camera scene, I could be making that up.  

Oh, right. It was in 1988. Oopsie.

What kind of cheap ass hotel is Carly running that she can’t afford cushions for those pool chairs? There isn’t a chance in hell I’m lying on that wood chair for hours at a time.  And I guess Joss is supposed to be sexy now that she’s ‘dating Cam, but could that bikini top maybe cover just a little bit more of her? She legit looked like she was going to fall out of it any minute. 

By contrast, I liked Trina’s swimsuit.  

is it too much to hope that Nik is at least a little suspicious of Spencer knowing about the roach? He seemed to buy a clue yesterday, so I really don’t want it  swept under the rug. 

Speaking of spencer, oh joy, he showed up at the pool and called Cam and Joss townies. Now that they’re grown, can one of them please dump him in the pool? The actor is cute but the character is still an ass.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Are all of the actors 18? That's a big factor in what the show can legally do.

Barely. William, Eden, and Sydney all just turned 18 somewhat recently. I have to ask, how old was Lulu when she had her abortion? Certainly not a teenager, right? Because that would be a really stark contrast to these storylines.

3 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What kind of cheap ass hotel is Carly running that she can’t afford cushions for those pool chairs? There isn’t a chance in hell I’m lying on that wood chair for hours at a time.  And I guess Joss is supposed to be sexy now that she’s ‘dating Cam, but could that bikini top maybe cover just a little bit more of her? She legit looked like she was going to fall out of it any minute. 

By contrast, I liked Trina’s swimsuit.  

Joss' swimsuit made me nervous for her. Trina's was really cute and flattering.

• Love 3

I'm wondering if they're gonna retcon how ALL the boys were competing for Joss' lurve and attention instead of Emma, to complete her Carlyfication. 

I personally found NuSpencer a little better with the adults than with the teens. He needs a more experienced scene partner. 

And totally agree that these kids are so innocent, so much fuss over one kiss. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

What kind of cheap ass hotel is Carly running that she can’t afford cushions for those pool chairs? There isn’t a chance in hell I’m lying on that wood chair for hours at a time.  

This is from the article that I linked to in the other thread: 

Deck chairs with adjustable backs help complete the look. “We’re trying to make everyone a little bit more comfortable,” Elliott says. “Frank asked if I would put pads on the lounge chairs. The wood looks really good but it’s a little bit hard if you’re sitting there for a long time … That’s who Frank is in a nutshell. He’s firing on all points, keenly aware of every detail at all times.”

I'd say that no matter how good the wood looks, get those actors some cushions for cripes sake. Plus, wouldn't you get indentations on your skin from the wood?

• Love 6

JMB was in her early 20s playing a teen Lulu during that abortion storylines but this show gave heavy storylines to KMc’s Robin, JJ’s Lucky, AT’s Emily, and LA’s Kristina as teens so I don’t think their age is as much of a factor in limiting the current crop of teens’ storylines as much of a lack of willingness to do so. Their 20s crowd isn’t much more exciting. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And totally agree that these kids are so innocent, so much fuss over one kiss. 

Hey, Curtis/Portia and Dante had the same conversation about Dante's kiss with Sam. Maybe there is something about that pool set that makes everyone talk like 14 year olds.

The actors may be barely 18 but I don't see why the story can't be more interesting as long as they don't have to act out a rape or other very mature action. Now that Cam is going to PCU too, there isn't even the "how will we manage a long distance relationship?" aspect. They are behaving more like tweens than college age adults.

At least Monics knew about the existence of Alan's nephew. Michael and Brook Lynn are in their thirties and they have never heard about Jimmy Lee Holt, their grandparents half brother? Those are quite some blinkers.

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

JMB was in her early 20s playing a teen Lulu during that abortion storylines but this show gave heavy storylines to KMc’s Robin, JJ’s Lucky, AT’s Emily, and LA’s Kristina as teens so I don’t think their age is as much of a factor in limiting the current crop of teens’ storylines as much of a lack of willingness to do so. Their 20s crowd isn’t much more exciting. 

Add Liz to that list, too.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

The actors may be barely 18 but I don't see why the story can't be more interesting as long as they don't have to act out a rape or other very mature action. Now that Cam is going to PCU too, there isn't even the "how will we manage a long distance relationship?" aspect. They are behaving more like tweens than college age adults.

While it's uncomfortable to watch, teen rape storylines are classic soap and can be very relevant to a younger audience. I'm not sure these writers or actors could do it justice though.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I'd say that no matter how good the wood looks, get those actors some cushions for cripes sake. Plus, wouldn't you get indentations on your skin from the wood?

Seriously! And if the EP says he wants cushions, don’t you immediately go out and buy cushions?? Screw how ‘good wood looks.’ Don’t you want the actors to be comfortable?

• Love 6

Yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen a group of more innocent teens on soaps before. And not that we need to be seeing orgies or anything like that, but they're so chaste. Very unrealistic.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yeah, I don't know if I've ever seen a group of more innocent teens on soaps before. And not that we need to be seeing orgies or anything like that, but they're so chaste. Very unrealistic.

They are all virgins and none of them seem to be interested in changing that status. Which is perfectly fine but realistically most if not all of them would have been already having sex. Right now, kissing seems to be like the biggest deal in their lives.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

If they weren't constantly focused on the love lives of 50+ year olds, the teen scene would be better. They never did a proper teen scene with Molly despite have Tequin Richmond in the cast, so the continuation feels choppy. My general complaint about  teens on tv is all they think about is sex, to the exclusion of academics and extracurriculars, but this is equally as weird. Sex should still be a big deal, but obsessing this much over kissing? 

2 minutes ago, nilyank said:

They are all virgins and none of them seem to be interested in changing that status. Which is perfectly fine but realistically most if not all of them would have been already having sex. Right now, kissing seems to be like the biggest deal in their lives.

Jocelyn would be the most likely candidate because she was in a steady relationship with a dying boyfriend. I like that none of them are in a hurry to lose their virginities for the sake of it, but it seems they are doing preteen storylines for people that are adults. Considering how FV like to have random people hook up for the sake of hooking up, it is clear that the teen storylines are an afterthought.

• Love 1

One of the things that irritates the hell out of me is Cam's constant "So, are we good?" to MiniShebeast every single time they're onscreen. What's he done and apologized for THIS time, that he feels he needs to keep saying that?

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

One of the things that irritates the hell out of me is Cam's constant "So, are we good?" to MiniShebeast every single time they're onscreen. What's he done and apologized for THIS time, that he feels he needs to keep saying that?

He's come to an early realization of what he needs to do to maintain a happy(ish) relationship with her.  Jocelyn may not be quite the malignant narcissist that her mother is, but she's heading that way.  

• Love 10

here is something I don't understand about the MC pool; aren't most hotel pools open to guests only?  Seems like any random person can walk in off the street and just hang out there; admittedly, a fair number of characters live there, or are friends with Carly, but still.  For such an "exclusive" hotel, this open door policy surprises me.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, drtslim said:

He's come to an early realization of what he needs to do to maintain a happy(ish) relationship with her.  Jocelyn may not be quite the malignant narcissist that her mother is, but she's heading that way.  

I disagree. She's TOTALLY the self-absorbed narcissist her beast and cujo of a mother is.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I disagree. She's TOTALLY the self-absorbed narcissist her beast and cujo of a mother is.

Oh, she's definitely a narcissist; but her narcissism isn't as destructive and soul-sucking (malignant) as Carly's... yet.

• Love 3
(edited)

I haven't had a chance to watch the show in a few days or keep up w/the boards, and I must admit that I haven't really been paying attn to the Shawn/Alexis plot but . . . . . are they acting like Laura doesn't know who shot Hayden? She knows Nikolas did that. Elizabeth knows. Elizabeth used that knowledge to secure Laura's silence re: Jake Doe really being "Jason." Does Laura not know the crime Shawn wants to investigate? I would think she'd be a little less eager to help Shawn knowing it could hurt her son. BUT I fully admit to NOT paying attn to this plot at all. Maybe she has no idea but I would think she would have to know why he was in jail?! Are they going to act like she doesn't know? 

Dang, Josslyn is nosy!!! She is beyond annoying. Cameron is trying to have fun, and she's interested in why Spencer and Trina are deep in conversation. It has nothing to do w/you, Josslyn. Go about your business. And then she demands to know why they are talking so much and asked Cameron if he thought Spencer was into Trina. Who cares if he is, Josslyn? Can you just not imagine all the guys wanting you?!? Ugh . . . she is obnoxious. 

I like Spencer and Trina. She's gonna be really upset when she learns the whole truth. 

Is it sad that when Nikolas first sat down w/Tolly, I wondered why he was even talking to them and why he cared about their commitment ceremony?! I completely forgot about their connection through Alexis! LOL!

I think Sean should be released. He's served more time than most criminals on this show, but I wish they'd drop this Hayden stuff. Hayden knew who shot her. She married the man who shot her! It's really hard for me to care knowing that. And Sean was trying to kill someone else that same day. I don't want some lame storyline w/Nikolas going to jail. I'm sorry. I just don't want to see that. On a show full of criminals, it's hard for me to care when some get away w/their crimes. This needs to stay buried like all the other crimes committed on this show. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 6
(edited)

LOVED Josslyn and Cam shoving Spencer in the pool for being an ass!! Is one part of the pool six plus feet deep?!

Trina was awesome taking Spencer to task; she's going to blow him out of the water (ha!) when she finds out he's still lying.  I see the writers had Spencer acknowledge his mother by name and change the story to "died the day I was born" from "died when I was little."

Spencer did not deserve the fist bump from Cam after the way he spoke and behaved toward Cam.

I guess the writers have a sense of humor, with Elizabeth and Finn going between cheering Violet and talking about the Peter dead body situation.  Loved the sweet Violet-Elizabeth hug, and that cupcakes Aiden baked saved the day.  Violet "my cousin Aiden made cupcakes" awwww.  So Hayden left Violet and Port Charles a year and a half ago, per Elizabeth.  I was waiting for Violet to mention missing Mommy, when she was so happy Daddy and Aunt Elizabeth were there with her for her "best game ever."

Between Elizabeth's line and Shawn being determined to figure out who shot Hayden, I feel like GH is telling us Hayden will be returning soon?

HATED Shawn being freed, time served, Alexis calling him a "model prisoner" (he recently shivved your ex-son-in-law!!) Such utter bullshit.

Enjoyed Alexis and Laura having a one-on-one conversation, mostly about Nikolas.

No J/C/S/"Smike" and no Michael or even a mention of Wiley  = an episode worth watching.

I...think?.... Anna suspects the man on the roof was Finn?

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6
(edited)
9 minutes ago, lala2 said:

Dang, Josslyn is nosy!!! She is beyond annoying. Cameron is trying to have fun, and she's interested in why Spencer and Trina are deep in conversation. It has nothing to do w/you, Josslyn. Go about your business. And then she demands to know why they are talking so much and asked Cameron if he thought Spencer was into Trina. Who cares if he is, Josslyn? Can you just not imagine all the guys wanting her? Ugh . . . she is obnoxious. 

I like Spencer and Trina. She's gonna be really upset when she learns the whole truth. 

Of course a narcissist like Jocelyn can't stand not being the center of attention.  She's got to find a way to make this all about her.  I'm sure she's going to convince herself that Spencer is using Trina to make her jealous or something.

And Spencer is pulling this lying foolishness on the wrong lady.  I can't wait to see Trina's reaction when everything comes out.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 5

Even off the show, they're still doing my girl wrong. Hayden did not voluntarily abandon Violet. She's not off a shopping spree overseas. This writing sucks, but I shouldn't be surprised because the writing for her has never not sucked.

Spencer's hair was a LOL moment. I mean, what was that thing on top of his head? I feel like they're trying to write him like Bruce Patman - rich, spoiled, obnoxious, good at sports like tennis, scheming and unwilling to settle for anything other than the good life. But Bruce Patman was good looking, and sorry, this guy isn't to me. And for someone with cash to burn, his wardrobe is seriously lacking.

Once Laura mentioned the Governor, you knew Shawn was getting released. The Governor loves to pardon or release criminals.

I need Anna to put things together really fast. Because I want the truth to come out.

Previews: Yay, Britt's back tomorrow! Running into Spencer no doubt.

• Love 2

Trina, I had such hopes for you. But she forgave him too easily and  it seems like she's on her way to getting manipulated by Spencer. At least Joss shoved him in the pool I really don't get the point of making Spencer such a self-centred snob.

TJ, Shawn just shivved someone. That's not "a model prisoner".

Fingers crossed that Anna is finally going to figure out that Finn is involved with Peter's disappearance. I appreciate the writing for Finn/Liz but I'm ready for this storyline to be wrapped up.

Are Anna and Valentine the same age if they were in training together?  Anna was very young when she met Robert and she was already an agent by then. I always felt that Anna was older than Valentine.

4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I don't want some lame storyline w/Nikolas going to jail.

I'd like to see Spencer's reaction though.

43 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Jocelyn would be the most likely candidate because she was in a steady relationship with a dying boyfriend.

I really thought that they would sleep together before he died, it would have made sense even though they were only 15 or 16 years old.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

how old was Lulu when she had her abortion

JMB was born in 1983.  She started as Lulu in 2005 when she was 22 and the abortion was a year or so after that, so not a teen thought i'm not sure how old Lulu was supposed to be.  

35 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Are Anna and Valentine the same age if they were in training together?

JPS just turned 53 in June.  Finola is 61 turning 62 in Oct.  but i'm assuming she's playing younger.  

48 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna suspects the man on the roof was Finn?

I kept thinking the pilot guy was going to say that the man on the roof was wearing a suit vest and that the lightbulb would go off over Anna's head!  I kept thinking today how weird it was that Finn was in casual clothes for Violet's game.  

Dumb line of the day:

Joss to Cam:  Do you think Trina and Spencer are interested in each other?

Me:  Uh, they just met a nano second ago (as far as CamJoss know) so maybe slow your role for a minute.  Also put some clothes on, that bikini looked like it was ready to fall off.  

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 1

I still understand nothing about Billy Joel Valentin. I will never get behind this character, I'm sorry James Patrick Stuart. The WSB trained the deformed stable boy? Is that the deal here?

• LOL 3
56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I really don't get the point of making Spencer such a self-centred snob.

He's always been a little turd that way, so at least it's consistent. It's probably supposed to show how he's really just insecure because of his mother dying in childbirth and his father completely failing his parental responsibilities, but neither actor has been able to convey those layers. 

15 minutes ago, jsbt said:

The WSB trained the deformed stable boy? Is that the deal here?

Yep. And I believe the clinic in Russia where Ava got her road rash smoothed over was the same that removed Valentin's hunchback.

• Love 6