Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I don't  know how much she was drinking, but one glass of wine shouldn't hurt.

transplant people really shouldn't drink. I remember on OLTL Ericka Sleazak (Viki - heart transplant) always reminded the writers that she shouldn't be drinking. So did Alicia Minshew (Kendall AMC) - when she had her transplant storyline. 

I'm pretty sure it's double important when its a kidney or something. however according to Dr. Google 14units per week is okay.

1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I do think they could elevate the dialogue a bit.

There's a complete lack of effort by the writers in both plot and dialogue.

I get Sam's reaction to hearing the news about Jason and Carly, but Sam did kick him to the curb. He's a free agent now. Also, the whining about Carly always being first is getting tiresome. This is not news on any front.

The ring was pretty. The stone looks like an aquamarine, or maybe a green tourmaline? The lighting made it hard to tell. It cracks me up the show is playing this like some epic love story. Only on Carly's side! For Jason it's purely business.

Oh, Maxie. You are not doing yourself any favors. 

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It cracks me up the show is playing this like some epic love story. Only on Carly's side! For Jason it's purely business.

LOL, it's just so dumb.  Carly's all holding her hand out to have him put the ring on and musing about how she used to be (lol, when did that end?) jealous of Robin and Jason's special place and Jason's all looking like he swallowed a bug and being all "yeah, whatever."

39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, Maxie. You are not doing yourself any favors. 

I was happy that someone finally said "Maxie is acting bizarre" because she is!  OTOH, she looks like she's imprinting on "Bailey," while in the next breath she doesn't seem all that concerned about Louise being ~found.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Daisy said:

transplant people really shouldn't drink. I remember on OLTL Ericka Sleazak (Viki - heart transplant) always reminded the writers that she shouldn't be drinking. So did Alicia Minshew (Kendall AMC) - when she had her transplant storyline. 

I'm pretty sure it's double important when its a kidney or something. however according to Dr. Google 14units per week is okay.

I actually donated a kidney to my friend last month. While he was on dialysis, he wasn't drinking, but the surgeon said there's nothing wrong with him drinking in moderation (but no more sushi, poor guy). I have no dietary restrictions.

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

Jake is the one who teaches Cam about girls, ha!

I’m pretty sure he said TEASES. At least that would make a ton more sense lol!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

The Jake actor did a good job getting all teary eyed about missing his brother. I was surprised WL didn't match him, cuz he usually cries pretty easily. 

I'm shocked to say Sam actually entertained me when she was all: "We used to play dominoes ...for some reason" and chucked them in the fire... "I'm over it!" Yes Sam did leave Jason, but what she really wanted was for Jason to choose her, and he never did. She still loved him, was ready to run off with Canada with him, and would have taken him back in a heartbeat if he could ever put her first. 

Brit is like Valentin in that she has chemistry with everyone, and brightens and lightens everyone she is in a scene with. Have some fun with Jax, girl! Just don't have a baybay!

• Love 18
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The stone looks like an aquamarine, or maybe a green tourmaline?

I thought it was a blue topaz. But yeah could’ve been an aquamarine…

• Love 1
(edited)

Maxie is stupid, showing up like that and especially when BL worked out the daycare plan.

Joss is so stupid, she didn't think twice about the sudden engagement out if nowhere months after Sonny's death. 

Jason looked tortured the entire episode,  telling Joss and then at the Metro court. Yet Carly was so giddy even at the thought of going to his bridge with Robin. She's getting what she wanted forever.

I actually would have liked seeing this engagement back in the Sarah Brown old days. Like when she stormed the pcpd with Michael in  a baby carrier and the bodyguards to get get Jason out if jail. 

Why is Liz carrying a lighter in her pants? The drunk docks were great, KM acted better.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

I’m pretty sure he said TEASES. At least that would make a ton more sense lol!

Lmao!  That does make more sense but Cameron seems so clueless when it comes to girls I can see his little brother schooling him instead of the other way around. 

6 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Shouldn't his sons know that they're about to get a stepmother.

Dear Joss and Cam, please stop talking about your kiss. Nobody cares.

Jake. I think the actor is good and I thought his acting was really good for someone as young as he is. But the fucking dialogue they put in his mouth is disgusting and abrasive. My father wouldn't kill Franco because he wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Jason being a murderer isn't even a secret from his children. Jason just sucks balls.

In a world where a father prioritizes his sons/is invested in their lives, yes. Jason, however is only willing to have a limited number of uncomfortable conversations. He already told Britt, and he is going to tell Monica, according to his conversation with Carly and Michael. There's also the factor that he has no way of explaining a marriage of convenience in the Mob world to Jake and Danny that would get them to accept it as making sense. Danny is likely to be upset because he wanted his Dad to come home to them.

I actually thought it was refreshing for Cam to be talking about something of teenage normalcy, in contrast to the conversations he has had with both Joss and Trina about their various traumas: multiple kidnappings/hostage situations, Oscar's illness and death, the Floating Rib explosion and Dev's death, Franco's death.... 

I didn't like Jake's dialogue defending Jason, but it makes sense that a 14-year-old kid wants to believe his dad wouldn't deliberately hurt him by killing someone he loves because that would shatter the "my dad loves me" belief.  Lots of kids think well my parent has done some bad things, but he/she is not a bad person and really loves me.

6 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

Let's hope not.  I mean there is no blood relation between them but they are certainly related adjacent.  (Joss's cousin Lulu via Carly is Spencer's aunt via Nikolas)

Sonny is both father of Josslyn's little sister Donna, and uncle of Spencer, since his sister was Spencer's mother. So Spencer is a cousin to both Josslyn's stepsister Avery and her bio sister Donna. Also, since Aiden is the bio son of Lucky, he is a cousin to both Josslyn and Spencer. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Show really want to keep Monaco & Burton apart. They didn’t even give him the big dramatic scene of Jason telling Sam he was marrying Carly. That was left for Michael blabbing on about it. Burton had his big scene with Kelly Thiebaud. It must be difficult for the producers in keeping Monaco & Burton apart on camera and off set. Also, the forced pairing of Sam & Dante isn’t working. Show needs to bring back JMB as LuLu and cut their losses. I’m not sure what to do with Monaco though. They haven’t chem tested her with any other guy in the cast. Everyone around her is moving on Nina, Anna (sort of with Valentine) and, even Sasha. 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 7/5/2021 at 12:13 PM, Daisy said:

Today's Episode:

Trina: is very "eh crap happens." like she wasn't even crying or whatever being covered in fake blood, she was just "hey this is what happened, I got drenched so i came here to tell you." (to which even though we joked about wanting our Mommies right away and being drama about it) - since they wrote it off like "poop happens" - she could have gone home and got clean but i just think they wanted the Carrie moment. She did start admitting that she was scared later though. (also i have to laugh how the very dressed up bartender is like "Meh, i'm not dressed up i can get goop on me." lol okay). I honestly feel that this should have been played more of "I am completely freaked out and in tears" and people needed to calm her down and then she becomes her pragmatic self again). She really just acted that things like that are normal and she was more embarrassed that she needed Mommy. 

New Spencer: my my you look cute. He looks very Cassadine-y. he and Trina already had some sparks (the vernacular was bothering me though "EPIC! FIERCE!" someone was watching way too much "America's Next Top Model!". The voice isn't hitting me, but we'll see how that goes. 

Jax: "Jason is not a good guy." (drunk Britt is awesome) - but listen to Jax on this Britt. But don't have drunk sex pls. (and of course they have drunk sex. geeze). 

Cam + Joss: bleegghhhhh the kiss again. I'm so bored with this Journal drama. also. Please stop. don't start. don't ever start. I am always and forever opposed.

PrisonGang: can you have two visitors at once? Also. Shaun, you are dumb. "let's tell Molly everything bad, but hey don't do anything. Why not just call Dianne?" also also. Shaun did shiv someone. I'm pretty sure that is why your parole got denied. Poor Alexis looks like she's going insane. And Molly is going to work for this Judge Carson to do dumb Sam things. this should go poorly. 

Nava: (just a tonne of hugs). Maura West is amazing. She looks like she can snap from the simplest touch. when they find out it's Spencer - that confrontation is going to be gooood. But honestly Nik - listen to what she's saying and respect it. I just feel the more he pushes this is the more damage he'll do the the relationship even when this is over. 

Curtis: trying to figure out who talked Portia into not being a rebound?  (I mean it was Stella right?) but also maybe Portia just doesn't wanna be a rebound?

Episode: Decent for a Monday. +2 bonus modifier for no Carly or Jason.
Star of the Episode for me was Ava.. Nina is boring

and truly. you weren't that wasted Britt and Jax. why the sex. whhyy...

Can’t blame Jax.  What single straight male with a functioning libido, who presumably hasn’t had sex for awhile would turn down a smoking hottie like Britt.  Especially with her personality and a few drinks under his belt?  That would be totally unrealistic if he did.

On 7/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, Linny said:

Ugh, fucking Spencer is still the fucking worst even with a new actor. Aging the actor/character up actually makes his motivation here even harder for me to swallow. He's a young adult, good looking and well-spoken, with his eye on girls like Trina, so why's he wasting his time messing with Nikolas and Ava? I don't buy the "protecting Father from Ava" angle; Spencer's been gone for too long to be that invested in his dad's marriage. And he's old enough now that he doesn't HAVE to have a relationship with Nikolas or Ava at all if he doesn't want to. With the scare tactics ramping up in intensity (burglary and vandalism are not insignificant crimes!), Spencer's really coming across terribly in his return. 

Ava, much as I love her, is bugging me with her reaction to the whole situation, too. I fully understand her need to protect Avery but immediately and irrevocably upending her entire life isn't the way to do it. I get that she's too traumatized from the past events with Ryan/Kiki to respond rationally now, but man, it sucks to watch her push Nikolas away.

Really.  What teenager obsesses about their parents like that?  Most 18 year old guys are focused on partying and getting laid.  Especially a good looking trust fund kid like Spencer.  

Edited by Suicidy
  • Love 4
(edited)

What fresh hell was Maxie wearing today?  It looks like someone cut up my granny's scrap quilt and made it into a shirt.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I forgot to mention this. The entire gallery is trashed. Were expensive (in this universe) paintings defaced? I'd be pissed as hell. Of course Ava is more worried about Trina and Avery, but this is her place of work. She should realize that the stalker is after her. I guess she has insurance, but it looked to me like everything was completely ruined. I have a terrible feeling that Spencer will suffer no consequences just like he did for tampering with the ballot box and his election rigging.

I’m sure Ava has a major insurance policy to cover the art.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

YES!!!! Fizz for the win. Incredibly, Rebecca just getting prettier with each passing year. Simple amazing.

She and JPS just vibe so effortlessly with other characters, making it easy for the writers to integrate them across story lines. And as another poster pointed out awhile back, JPS genuinely seems to enjoy interacting with other people, making him enjoyable to watch.

It looked like Same was about to throw-up when she heard the news. Best acting from KMo in a very long time.

Becky Herbst is a big part of why I tolerate some of the crap writing.  She’s stunning, even for a soap actress.

• Love 3

I must say the makeup department did a great job of covering all of nuSpencer’s tats. I saw his Instagram and he’s loaded with them. I still think he’s too old for the part. I also read where MC said he and the new kid are great friends. I think he would have more in common with him then his younger co-stars. 17ish and just starting college is so different with a 21 year old. Of course, these kids work with adults all day long but I don’t see him hanging out with them per se. Also, I was hoping they’d bring on a AA actor for Trina. At least, give her (and, the show) some variety. It’s only been Cam and Dev and now Spencer for her. It’s nice to see that Spencer is into her and not Joss. At least, not yet. 

Also, random question. Do TJ and Molly have any friends? It seems like they are on an island by themselves with the young set and even the older mid set. They are in a weird age range. There doesn’t seem to be anyone in their age range in the cast. I just thought of it the other day when I saw them visiting Sean in the slammer. 

• Useful 2
7 hours ago, Blackie said:

So Joss and Michael (presumably) won't call Jason "dad" but will Donna? What about Avery?

Jason is not a dad to Avery, he isn't even her stepfather. He would be if Ava married him. So they better not even try it. And now he isn't even Scout's stepfather, certainly not her father.

4 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Brit is like Valentin in that she has chemistry with everyone, and brightens and lightens everyone she is in a scene with. Have some fun with Jax, girl! Just don't have a baybay!

From your mouth to God's ears, but if there's anything this show loves to do it's to use the most tired trope of Soapdom.

3 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Becky Herbst deserves an award for her delivery of “the fire is out.” I love drunk!Liz. 

Drunk!Liz will always be my favorite Liz. That epic (sorry, don't mean to quote Spencer) time when she had the hangover from hell after Patrick's bachelor party was glorious. I didn't know how much I loved Sam and Liz as friends (hell, even more, why not?) until today. Those scenes were just the best.

2 hours ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

I might go to hell, but I want Brit and Jason together.  Jax was defanged (or whatever) years ago.  I'm so over him.

Save me a seat, as Buffy would say, because I'm going to hell with you. If loving Britt and Jason is wrong, I don't want to be right. No, it's not rational. Should I despise it? Of course. But the chem is just too good for me to ignore. And I have no love for Jax whatsoever, so he can ship back to Australia any time now. What is he even still doing there? He's so superfluous.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 7/5/2021 at 7:25 PM, methodwriter85 said:

He might have gotten a little taller than his last stated height of 4'6" to 4'9" but it obviously wasn't enough that Frank was allowed to keep him. Pretty sure they wanted to have Spencer as a tent pole for the "now college-aged" teen scene.

It wasn’t that long ago that OG Spencer was on, and he looked much younger than the other teens, no matter his age or height. So he would never be believable as a peer. I do find it endearing that the show tried to hold on to Nicholas B as long as they could; it must have been heartbreaking for him to lose the role.

That said, it was high time the character got SORAS’d. I just wish his personality had matured as well. First impressions paint him as the same obnoxious, spoiled little brat as before. I’m counting on you to whip him into shape, Trina. Don’t let me down.

I could not be less interested in a Cam/Joss story and any triangle/quadrangle permutations that may result. Maybe if the show had ever made an attempt to give Joss an actual personality of her own, beyond being a mini-me echo of her mother, I would care about her. But she is so boring and one-note that she drags everyone in her orbit down.

Great, now Valentin’s putting the moony, Anna-obsessed face on again. Looks like he’s about to lose the pair of balls he had finally grown. <Sigh.>

I find it hard to believe that Jason picked out that giant bling ring by himself. He seems more like the small, tasteful stone type. That looks more like something Carly would have chosen for herself. 

On 7/5/2021 at 8:21 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

The only thing amusing about the Britt/Jax hookup is now she's had 2 of the 3 men Carly thinks she has under her spell.  If she visits Nixon Falls and beds Smike, she'll get a set of steak knives.  

Loved this.

I’ve been a fan of the Britt/Jason combo, but I am also not mad about Britt hooking up with Jax. This is the first time I’ve been interested in a Jax scene in a very long time.

Britt Westbourne: bringing PC men to life since 2012.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I find it hard to believe that Jason picked out that giant bling ring by himself. He seems more like the small, tasteful stone type. That looks more like something Carly would have chosen for herself. 

I guess to prove how much they "know" each other. Jason probably just rolled up to the jeweler and said "ya give me the biggest thing you have that isn't a diamond."

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I must say the makeup department did a great job of covering all of nuSpencer’s tats. I saw his Instagram and he’s loaded with them. I still think he’s too old for the part. I also read where MC said he and the new kid are great friends. I think he would have more in common with him then his younger co-stars. 17ish and just starting college is so different with a 21 year old. Of course, these kids work with adults all day long but I don’t see him hanging out with them per se. Also, I was hoping they’d bring on a AA actor for Trina. At least, give her (and, the show) some variety. It’s only been Cam and Dev and now Spencer for her. It’s nice to see that Spencer is into her and not Joss. At least, not yet. 

Also, random question. Do TJ and Molly have any friends? It seems like they are on an island by themselves with the young set and even the older mid set. They are in a weird age range. There doesn’t seem to be anyone in their age range in the cast. I just thought of it the other day when I saw them visiting Sean in the slammer. 

I wanted them to bring on someone Black for Trina.  Why couldn’t they do that?  Then again, I don’t trust these writers.  They would probably pick the worst stereotype ever for him and then Trina would have to fix him or whatever.  But she’s going to have to do that with horrible Spencer.

As for TJ and Molly having friends — they made TJ look really desperate to have a friendship with Blando, but we all saw what happened there.  So, no, they don’t have any friends.  They just have each other.

1 hour ago, superdeluxe said:

I wanted them to bring on someone Black for Trina.  Why couldn’t they do that?

I agree that the show could use more non-white characters in general, and in the teen/young adult demo specifically. But this is more about Spencer’s return than anything else. And while I’m not sure the show needs him at all, I’m glad that Trina’s the one to share his storyline because it gives her something to do other than be Joss’s sidekick. 

• Love 11

I'm glad they got to the point of the Britt/Jax hookup - it making Jason and Carly unhappy - sooner than later.  I also enjoyed Britt recounting the story about BBQ-ing Emma's doll.  It also reminded me that I'm curious to see Britt and nuSpencer interact at some point, since that was also the night she first met him and Nikolas.

The look of shock and mostly disgust on Sam and Liz's faces when they overheard about Carly and Jason getting married was awesome.  But again, the show is letting characters comment on the absolutely toxic relationship between Jason and Carly and what a snake Carly is (illustrated further by Carly ragging on Robin, who's not even in town and hasn't been with Jason in eons), but I think they also want us to root for her/them?  It's a weird disconnect.

Monica being all, "...and your other children are where?" to Maxie when she showed up at the Q's was amusing to me because seriously.  Although funny how nobody thought it was unhealthy when Michael was pulling the same routine on Wiley back when he was Lucas (who?) and Brad's baby.

• Love 10

Can Violet go hang out with Bifida Baby offscreen for several years? Maybe I have a heart of stone, but I'm getting to the point where I can't stand her. It isn't really the young actor's fault, but they can't put her in a scene now without giving her free rein to jabber away "adorably," and as usual when this show finds a kid it likes, it very quickly reached overdose levels. Enough with her tea parties and jonesing for weddings, and everyone Finn knows being her new uncle and aunt. Bring back Roxy. She was quiet.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, Suicidy said:

What teenager obsesses about their parents like that?  Most 18 year old guys are focused on partying and getting laid.  Especially a good looking trust fund kid like Spencer.  

Spencer has always been a schemer, so at least that part is in character. His endgame here is a head scratcher, though. He dislikes Ava and is maybe still mad at Nik for faking his death, both of which are valid, but this scorched-earth approach is completely ridiculous.

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Although funny how nobody thought it was unhealthy when Michael was pulling the same routine on Wiley back when he was Lucas (who?) and Brad's baby.

Ugh, the double standard is TFGH and gross.

9 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

Enough with her tea parties and jonesing for weddings

I agree Violet is overused, but any chance anyone gets to stick the knife into Willow and Michael about their stupid decision is fine with me. I really wish this story would move along. It's boring anyway, but at least let's do more than have Willow and Michael stare at each other disconsolately.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Daisy said:

'm pretty sure it's double important when its a kidney or something. however according to Dr. Google 14units per week is okay.

So, like I said, one glass of wine shouldn't hurt.

5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer has always been a schemer, so at least that part is in character. His endgame here is a head scratcher, though. He dislikes Ava and is maybe still mad at Nik for faking his death, both of which are valid, but this scorched-earth approach is completely ridiculous.

Carly helped raise him the first few months (weeks?) of his life. Her crazy ways have been implanted on him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Very bad and unimaginative writing!  

Trying to make dramas out of nothing:  Ava and her absurd notion that she will have to get a divorce to keep her daughter safe - how is that going to make a huge difference?  And now we see who is doing it, so she's going to look really stupid for not trying to figure it out and just obeying the stalker. 

The Cam apology tour over Jason is another one.  Just not a good story on any level.  Even the biggest Borg fan must cringe. 

I was going to say the baby switch was OK as at least it had the difference that the mother's knew what they were doing.  The old trope about putting your baby first does not work where you fail to support the plan to make her safe, and where you have other children you neglect.  

The MOC would be a lot better had they not brought Britt in.  At least so long as Jason does not explain in full to Britt and have some motive of his own that is imperative.  

(edited)
4 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Can Violet go hang out with Bifida Baby offscreen for several years? Maybe I have a heart of stone, but I'm getting to the point where I can't stand her. It isn't really the young actor's fault, but they can't put her in a scene now without giving her free rein to jabber away "adorably," and as usual when this show finds a kid it likes, it very quickly reached overdose levels. Enough with her tea parties and jonesing for weddings, and everyone Finn knows being her new uncle and aunt. Bring back Roxy. She was quiet.

May I sit with you? Watching her yesterday, I was thinking that part of her "cuteness" is the speech issue, but that's wearing thin. In fact, she's probably a bit too old for it now. Maybe that means that when she naturally outgrows it she'll be sent away to boarding school.

Edited by rur
  • Love 3

Just got back from vacation and I was totally offline and zipped through last week's and yesterday's episodes.

This FAKAKTA show can just miss me, take a gazillion million seats and just FUCK OFF with that nonsense of that display of passive aggressive bit of jealousy over Robin, and glee how the bridge is no longer "Robin and Jason's" bridge from Cujo's maw. And Jason was no better, with his, what? Okay, do you want to go to the bridge? Then again, he probably thought it was stupid to tell her, yeah, it was their place.

It's all so GALACTICALLY STOOPID, with the Shebeast smiling with her shit eating grins, as if Jason finally admitted his wuv for her and is for really realsies marrying her. Like other than the Five frakkin' Families, everyone else could have been told it was in name only. And then her bawling about not moving to California because Port Charles was her home, blah, blah, blah, fishcakes. None of this would have happened if she hadn't started swanning around as Mooby's successor, and trying to act like the boss at the meeting. But Plot!

SORASed Spencer is just a creepy stalker. And I guess(?) it's supposed to be refreshing how Trina isn't afraid of drug king pins (mouthing off at Cyrus) or even creepers at first sight? I would think after being kidnapped and nearly killed the first time and then held hostage, she'd be a little more wary, but nope. Gotta show the "sparks". Whatthefuckever.

The only thing I enjoyed was seeing that almost kiss in the cabin, to the actual kiss at the Quartermaines between Anna and Valentin. Who knew I would love this?

I no longer have any use for Jax, but I'm all for him and Britt fun and sexy times if only to have both Jason and SheBeast's heads explode. Though from the previews, it doesn't look like it bothered her to see them together.

Interesting that Elizabeth said she "loves" Jason. I'm sure she meant to say "loved", right? Because I don't think she has any love left for him. Show made sure of that.

• Love 4
On 7/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, absnow54 said:

I felt that way too. He looked really young in the picture of him, Nik, and Laura though. I bought him as a teen from that. 

That's sort of how it felt when his father first came to Port Charles as a teen, but the show (and I) hand-waved it as him having that foreign prince gloss. I am willing to do the same with Spencer...for now. 

I so appreciate the growth the show has taken since Nik himself was a teen, when Laura had to explain to him that (and I'm paraphrasing) Luke's he-man "I will NEVER follow your advice about how to keep us safe and will fight every enemy bare-fisted" was part of why she and Nikolas had to be apart for his whole childhood.

Ava specifically calling Nik's actions gaslighting and explaining why she has superior insight into the situation, and why it should be respected? That conversation simply wouldn't have happened during 90s (and even more recent) GH.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Plus, how long until he's exposed in PC to those who know him?  Considering he's out sunbathing on the docks, it doesn't seem like he's being very careful.  

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

This FAKAKTA show can just miss me, take a gazillion million seats and just FUCK OFF with that nonsense of that display of passive aggressive bit of jealousy over Robin, and glee how the bridge is no longer "Robin and Jason's" bridge from Cujo's maw. And Jason was no better, with his, what? Okay, do you want to go to the bridge? Then again, he probably thought it was stupid to tell her, yeah, it was their place.

I'm honestly wondering if they're going in the direction where Carly thinks she and Jason have fallen in love for real (let's be real, Carly has been there for 25 years.) The scene about the bridge just seemed so oddly placed. I think Carly is going to think she finally has Jason to herself and then go psycho when she finds out he's still mooning after Britt. 

4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

I'm honestly wondering if they're going in the direction where Carly thinks she and Jason have fallen in love for real (let's be real, Carly has been there for 25 years.) The scene about the bridge just seemed so oddly placed. I think Carly is going to think she finally has Jason to herself and then go psycho when she finds out he's still mooning after Britt. 

It is odd, and I'm trying to figure out the angle. Carly usually gets dealt the high cards by the writers, but here she's really being given the unsympathetic side of the triangle. Britt is the one with all the pathos on her side, and they seem to be setting up a story where the guy doesn't really want to be with this possessive woman who is playing keep-away, and we're supposed to root for him to get away from her.

It's somewhat like when Sonny married Claudia for business reasons, and the root-for character was...Kate, wasn't it? 

I guess Carly's pathos is going to come from the ultimate return of Sonny, and his not remembering her, or remembering her but not remembering his feelings for her, or his still being drawn to Nina despite what she did...whatever path they settle on with that.  

• Love 3

Carly paid lip service to missing Sonny, but there was no real reluctance to jump into the MOC. That doesn't do the story or her any favors. And they really dropped the ball with Jason returning and immediately taking over the business with nary a peep from Carly. We never saw them try to deal with the Novaks together. As always, the show puts the emphasis on the wrong syllable. The MOC should be a last-ditch effort to keep the Corinthii in power, not something to eagerly embrace. Even with Carly's longstanding feelings for Jason, his for her are solidly friends and have been for decades.

• Love 7

History is really messing with the writer's intentions for the Carly and Jason storyline. They are clearly trying to show that BOTH the bride and groom are miserable about this marriage, and that Carly keeps trying to talk herself into it being the right thing to do.

And LW is doing a decent job conveying this, in my opinion. But I think so many of us have literally decades of watching other people in Jason's life (and not just love interests) getting the shaft in favor of Carly that we're blinded by our exasperation, LOL.

• Love 4

I do wish the kids were adamantly against the MOC, Michael and Joss both signing off is so lame. 

And I would like someone to flat-out say to Carly, "Cut the shit, you've always wanted this."

I just feel like they're going to pull punches.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

Carly keeps trying to talk herself into it being the right thing to do.

And LW is doing a decent job conveying this, in my opinion. But I think so many of us have literally decades of watching other people in Jason's life (and not just love interests) getting the shaft in favor of Carly that we're blinded by our exasperation, LOL.

Nope. Her huge ass grins and smiles, and flashing the ring, the look in her eyes, her FACE, as she's telling her family and kids they're getting married because "they're a team" and that Jason can now fill in the hole since Mooby is dead, reads to me, yes! a good excuse to finally marry Jason for realzies.

I hate and loathe the character, but Laura Wright is not playing her as someone who had to be talked into this marriage as the right thing. The tears, the smile, the glee, the cracks about Robin. This is her dream come true.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And I would like someone to flat-out say to Carly, "Cut the shit, you've always wanted this."

Monica, hopefully, if she's allowed to express her contempt for this.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Please. Just as Robin had to "thank" the shebeast when she and Patrick remarried before they left the show, and whatever bullshit Kimberly had to spout, Monica will do the same: that Shebeast will make Jason happy, and always knew they belonged together. Robin, who?

And that Joey Novak just looked like the newly recast Lucas with a scraggly beard.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

YES!  I really want to see Monica react to this, rail against it, but again, the show seems poised to pull punches with this storyline.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Nope. Her huge ass grins and smiles, and flashing the ring, the look in her eyes, her FACE, as she's telling her family and kids they're getting married because "they're a team" and that Jason can now fill in the hole since Mooby is dead, reads to me, yes! a good excuse to finally marry Jason for realzies.

I hate and loathe the character, but Laura Wright is not playing her as someone who had to be talked into this marriage as the right thing. The tears, the smile, the glee, the cracks about Robin. This is her dream come true.

I so agree. She doesn't look or act conflicted at all, while Jason looks absolutely miserable. Carly is loving it. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

I so agree. She doesn't look or act conflicted at all, while Jason looks absolutely miserable. Carly is loving it. 

Agreed.

And yet, based on the previews, is also going to rail at Jax for daring to get laid and not pining for her.

• LOL 6
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And yet, based on the previews, is also going to rail at Jax for daring to get laid and not pining for her.

Britt seems to be getting under her skin, big time.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I do wish the kids were adamantly against the MOC, Michael and Joss both signing off is so lame. 

I just feel like they're going to pull punches.

Right? Why is everyone so "YAY!" about this? 
I would pay good money if someone said that to Carly lol

• Love 4

Dante and Sam are gross. Michael and Willow are gross. Cam and Joss are gross. Jason and Carly, fake or not, are gross. So much gross on my screen.

But then we have the shiny that is Britt, Valentine, Chase, Jax, and Monica and I'm happy.

GH has me very conflicted lately.

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

That's sort of how it felt when his father first came to Port Charles as a teen, but the show (and I) hand-waved it as him having that foreign prince gloss. I am willing to do the same with Spencer...for now. 

When he was introduced walking into the nursery to say hi to Lulu, my sister straight up thought he was Lulu's secret father because dude is only 10 years younger than Genie Francis and didn't look like he could be a son to her at all. LOL.

I was asked to buy Taylor Zakhar Perez as an 18-year old in the Kissing Booth 2 so I have no such problems buying NAC as a teen.

t wasn’t that long ago that OG Spencer was on, and he looked much younger than the other teens, no matter his age or height. So he would never be believable as a peer. I do find it endearing that the show tried to hold on to Nicholas B as long as they could; it must have been heartbreaking for him to lose the role.

Nicholas Betchel cannot pass as a freshman in college. Point, period, blank. His recent Instagram pictures show that he can still play kids in middle school.

This show did really want him to be their next Robin, but alas, it was not meant to be. They were clearly hoping to keep Spencer in the background for a few years and have him play "catch up" to the rest of the teens but NB just didn't develop that way.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 4

Eh, I didn't hate the Sam/Dante kiss. Sue me. I'm kind of surprised that Sam is the one that says she can't do this. Dante sure got over Lulu in a hurry. But that pairing was sinfully boring so I'm all for him having something shake up his world. Sam wouldn't have been my first choice, but I get it. 

Cam/Joss was just so painfully bad. I tuned out while they were on but it seemed like they were on a lot. I might have to start FF them. Awful, awful pairing.

I loathe Jax, but I'm all for him twisting the knife into Carly. I hope it hurts. 

Britt's "go to hell" to Jason was a thing of beauty. I'm glad she isn't going to settle. But I still say this is not nearly the end of them. And I love that.

God, Valentin is yummy when he talks that way to Anna. They are definitely the most adult of any of these pairings and the best acted so I really enjoy watching them.

Liz is me when Finn is talking about anything. Right to sleep.

Maxie looks insane. I realize new mothers are dealing with hormones and post-partum, but she's going to end up in Shadybrook at this rate.

I'd give today a very low B- / very high C+.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3