Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 hours ago, seasons said:

They damn well better plan a tribute episode for Stuart Damon.

Did he interact with Sonny and Carly?  Because that is what they will choose for clips. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Melgaypet said:

My memory is a sieve - can anyone tell me what Spencer's beef with Ava is? I know he hates her, but I'm not clear as to why, specifically?

Because when it was assumed that Valentin shot and killed Nikolas after getting him to sign away the Cassadine empire, Ava promised Spencer that she would help him get back his inheritance and justice for his father by testifying what she saw Valentin do to Nikolas. When Ava got her face all burnt up, Val offered her contacts with the doctors who cured him of being a hunchback, she signed an affidavit that said Val did nothing to.force nikolas from sighing away his legacy..

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Ava promised Spencer that she would help him get back his inheritance and justice for his father by testifying what she saw Valentin do to Nikolas.

This is why the vendetta against Ava makes little sense. Spencer has his inheritance back and Valentin didn't kill Nik. If he can forgive Nik for making him think that he was dead for 3 years and be orphaned, he can forgive Ava for the deal she made to get her face back. He doesn't have to love Ava or even like her but this attack of planting knives and terrorizing her is really over the top.

• Love 13
54 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

This is why the vendetta against Ava makes little sense. Spencer has his inheritance back and Valentin didn't kill Nik. If he can forgive Nik for making him think that he was dead for 3 years and be orphaned, he can forgive Ava for the deal she made to get her face back. He doesn't have to love Ava or even like her but this attack of planting knives and terrorizing her is really over the top.

I got the impression that this is about punishing Nikolas, too.  At least from the way Laura and Nik have been commiserating over Spencer shutting them out lately?  

The last time I watched for any length of time, Spencer was just a kid off somewhere with Laura or Lesley. So this should be interesting. 

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Spencer is a turd.

Also apparently crazy. Which is very Cassadine-esque, I guess. If he has actually teamed up with Ryan (!), I hope Laura goes apeshit on him.

(Also about the election tampering. #NeverForget)

• Love 12
On 7/2/2021 at 8:56 PM, Sake614 said:

Yes, unless Nicholas Bechtel was sporting 12 inch lifts. He is only 4’9” tall so that was most certainly not him. And can I get an amen and hallelujah to that? I’ve been waiting YEARS for Frank to recast. 😀

I feel like Frank was waiting for Nicholas to get taller and look something approaching a leading guy (or at least a Spinelli) but he realized it wasn't going to happen. Poor Betchtel, though. A lot of child actors get hampered by the height thing, especially the guys.

I guess now that Spencer can interact with Josslyn/Cam again we'll get mention of how Spencer hates Cam.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

A lot of child actors get hampered by the height thing, especially the guys.

I mean, unless he’s Peter Dinklage, there isn’t much call for a 4’9” leading man…

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Yeah, I noted the new Spencer's name a few pages ago.  I'm guessing he'll run with the teen set.  Actually, though not original, a decent story would be Cam realizing he's into Trina just when Joss decides she wants Cam, and Spencer wanting Trina, so J and S conspire to keep C and T apart to get what they want.  Of course that would mean making Joss a bad girl and the show wants us to root for her unconditionally, so that won't happen.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I feel like Frank was waiting for Nicholas to get taller and look something approaching a leading guy (or at least a Spinelli) but he realized it wasn't going to happen. Poor Betchtel, though. A lot of child actors get hampered by the height thing, especially the guys.

I guess now that Spencer can interact with Josslyn/Cam again we'll get mention of how Spencer hates Cam.

Yeah, I’m sure Frank hated making that phone call. Um, Nick you’re too short and ain’t gonna happen. Sorry ‘bout that. There’s always prime time. I do think Frank actually waited it out and would loved to have Nicholas back because he played him for so long but it just wouldn’t work with the actors playing Joss, Cam & Trina are all 17 (college bound) and, the same height. While Nicholas is 16 and if the height story is true (not a horrible thing) it would have looked weird filming wise. That said, I thought it was Dev behind the mask and realized he’s dead. Not that it matters but I totally forgot Dev died. LOL!!!!

Edit to add: I just checked his Instagram (as one does) and, Nicholas looks like any normal teen. Of course, you can’t tell his height but maybe he didn’t want to come back to GH. I’m sure Frank will use the “we wanted to go in a different direction” though.

Edited by ByaNose
(edited)

Did he interact with Sonny and Carly?  Because that is what they will choose for clips.

Don’t be silly, it will be all JasonJasonJason. :) They’d better have some early Monica stuff and Tammy, too!

Edited by lizzbert
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lizzbert said:

Don’t be silly, it will be all JasonJasonJason. :) They’d better have some early Monica stuff and Tammy, too!

Tammy?  Is that the former hooker who took over for Kelly's for a while? I barely remember her.

I hope they have both Edwards even if it makes no sense.  SD acted extensively with both of them.  

But, they might not do a tribute period (beyond a in memory of at the end) since Alan himself already died.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I have found Jason/Steve Burton less than zero percent appealing as a romantic lead basically always, but I have to admit, after he broke the news to Britt about marrying Carly and then he briefly, regretfully mused on the what if's...I got it (though the music the show chose did a lot of the work).

And while they undercut her with the weepiness, I did appreciate Britt trying to steel herself in front of him, and flat-out saying she wasn't going to hang around and accept the crumbs of attention Carly might let fall off the table.

And then her visit with Brad!  Though they could have skipped the "who is Britt visiting?!?!" blocking given Britt confides in two people and Liesl is, somehow, not behinds bars at the moment.  And while it was total cross-promotion, I LOVE that Britt and Brad watch "Grey's Anatomy" (a certain doctor friend of Lucas' in Pennsylvania may have expressed his own fandom in a fan fic I wrote)!

Finally, I hope we do get a scene of Jason trying to break the news about marrying Carly to Monica and Monica slaps his face clean off.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Well, that was just as disgusting as I thought it would be. Britt, girl, have some respect for yourself. Don't go sleeping with the first thing available. Ick. I so hope a WTD is not on the way. Although this one really shouldn't be if she does get pregnant. A month in between? Please tell me that technology is further along than that.

Ava + Trina = love. Loved them both looking out for the other and Trina defending Ava has my heart.

I know I skipped a lot of this show, but Molly is a lawyer now, save the Bar exam? Did this happen overnight? 

Alexis talking to herself was really well done. Although that solitary's pretty roomy as far as solitary's go, from what I understand. I would definitely catch up on my z's. 

Cam and Joss is lame as all get out.

• Love 6

Today's Episode:

Trina: is very "eh crap happens." like she wasn't even crying or whatever being covered in fake blood, she was just "hey this is what happened, I got drenched so i came here to tell you." (to which even though we joked about wanting our Mommies right away and being drama about it) - since they wrote it off like "poop happens" - she could have gone home and got clean but i just think they wanted the Carrie moment. She did start admitting that she was scared later though. (also i have to laugh how the very dressed up bartender is like "Meh, i'm not dressed up i can get goop on me." lol okay). I honestly feel that this should have been played more of "I am completely freaked out and in tears" and people needed to calm her down and then she becomes her pragmatic self again). She really just acted that things like that are normal and she was more embarrassed that she needed Mommy. 

New Spencer: my my you look cute. He looks very Cassadine-y. he and Trina already had some sparks (the vernacular was bothering me though "EPIC! FIERCE!" someone was watching way too much "America's Next Top Model!". The voice isn't hitting me, but we'll see how that goes. 

Jax: "Jason is not a good guy." (drunk Britt is awesome) - but listen to Jax on this Britt. But don't have drunk sex pls. (and of course they have drunk sex. geeze). 

Cam + Joss: bleegghhhhh the kiss again. I'm so bored with this Journal drama. also. Please stop. don't start. don't ever start. I am always and forever opposed.

PrisonGang: can you have two visitors at once? Also. Shaun, you are dumb. "let's tell Molly everything bad, but hey don't do anything. Why not just call Dianne?" also also. Shaun did shiv someone. I'm pretty sure that is why your parole got denied. Poor Alexis looks like she's going insane. And Molly is going to work for this Judge Carson to do dumb Sam things. this should go poorly. 

Nava: (just a tonne of hugs). Maura West is amazing. She looks like she can snap from the simplest touch. when they find out it's Spencer - that confrontation is going to be gooood. But honestly Nik - listen to what she's saying and respect it. I just feel the more he pushes this is the more damage he'll do the the relationship even when this is over. 

Curtis: trying to figure out who talked Portia into not being a rebound?  (I mean it was Stella right?) but also maybe Portia just doesn't wanna be a rebound?

Episode: Decent for a Monday. +2 bonus modifier for no Carly or Jason.
Star of the Episode for me was Ava.. Nina is boring

and truly. you weren't that wasted Britt and Jax. why the sex. whhyy...

• Love 9

Does anyone else think that show is starting to have wa-a-a-y too many teen-level conversations among the alleged adults about potential relationships? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, rur said:

Does anyone else think that show is starting to have wa-a-a-y too many teen-level conversations among the alleged adults about potential relationships? 

yes mostly because they are all boring. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Please tell me that technology is further along than that.

It is, but this is a soap. The Jax/Britt sex was disappointing—they both should know better, and over Carly and Jason? Ugh.

"So, a teenager got the drop on you." Hee. Nik deserved that dig from Dante.

36 minutes ago, rur said:

This isn't new. I'd say it started at least five years ago.

Nice to see nuSpencer is as big a turd as ever. I wish Trina had known who he was and kicked him in the nuts.

Why didn't Sean tell Diane directly about this stuff? Of course Molly is going to be an idiot and try to catch Judge Carson herself. Ugh.

Good for Ava for calling out Nik. He's not exactly gaslighting her, but he's completely ignoring what she wants and needs. That's not a healthy relationship.

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't care, whatever. I'm totally missing the hell outta my Finnabeth! (I haven't seen them since Wednesday, wah!) I thought this was a good episode. But I think just about every episode is a good episode. I think GH is pretty darn good soap.

- Jax and Britt were amusing and hot. And proof that Jax and Britt are not the root-for couple, we didn't get a full love scene like we did with Jason and Britt. <--- They are the root-for couple.

- Spencer and Trina already have sparks. Love it.

- The angst with Nicolas and Ava is SOOO good. So character-driven, so well-mined. I LOVE IT. Drawing on their past with the gaslighting, oooh!!!

- I may despise the mini-shebeast, Josslyn so very much, but even the Cam and Josslyn stuff was character-driven and mined their history, and both were completely in character. Plus, Trina was included. They had their re-do kiss, but once the scene switched to Trina with all of the noise and her name being called and such, by the end of it, Joss and Cam were back out there with the others and focused on Trina.

- The Alexis stuff was great, and I wonder if NLG was happy she got to dress up and out of the prison scrubs or prefers them?

- Shawn continues to be an idiot but what else is new? Again, it's in character.

- Yes, Shawn deserves to be in prison. Yes, he did do wrong. However, that doesn't mean that Judge Carson doesn't hand out racist sentences, and didn't hand out an overtly harsh judgement on Shawn. Two things can both be right.

- Re: Previews... ooh, I hope Sam and Elizabeth is in reaction to Carly and Jason. I know that Elizabeth is way, way, waaaaaaaaaay over Jason, and Sam is mostly over him, but this isn't about Jason. It's about CARLY *and* Jason, and the way that Carly has always been about Jason and the other women in his life. Can't wait.

Edited by driver18
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

It is, but this is a soap. The Jax/Britt sex was disappointing—they both should know better, and over Carly and Jason? Ugh.

Good for Ava for calling out Nik. He's not exactly gaslighting her, but he's completely ignoring what she wants and needs. That's not a healthy relationship.

Yeah, I know it's wishful thinking. Of course they aren't going to know WTD is. Have to make it soapy even though we've seen this 537 times recently.

I loved Ava telling Nik exactly what she thought. So satisfying.

• Love 2

The casting for nuSpencer seems to be on point. I could see him being Nikolas's and what's her face's child. But his dialogue is very unSpencer-like.

Cam/Joss. The writers really can't read the room, can they? They remind me of a slightly more immature version of Michael/Willow. I wish Trina would get new friends.

Britt/Jax. So Britt has sex with Herr Jax. This doesn't have a WTD written all over it at all. Last time Jax was involved in one of those, he was up against Sonny for Sam's baby. Jason needs another child to neglect like he needs a bullet to the head. 

• Love 9

I found this episode was pretty boring, mostly because I didn't care about any of the stories.

The show can tell me over and over again that Shaun shouldn't still be in jail but he's in there because he's part of the mob and he pleaded guilty to trying murder someone and shivved someone last month. Stop trying to gaslight me.  There is no way Judge Carson could have known what Alexis was doing since she asked for all the records and Molly is an idiot for trying to go against the judge.

Portia and Jordan talking about their realities is >>>>>>>> than everyone talking to Curtis about why he isn't asking Portia out yet.

Spencer, you didn't have any problem with Ava killing someone when you wanted something from her. There is no chemistry between Spencer and Trina but they're going to push them together so that Joss can have Cam. The real chemistry is between Cam and Trina.

Why is Spencer at Curtis' club calling himself Victor? There are a lot of people there who know who he is, starting Joss and Cameron.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Why is Spencer at Curtis' club calling himself Victor?

He's hiding out in the back and only introduced himself to Trina who I guess wasn't living in town when Spencer was last here.  

I feel like nuspencer is too old for the part.  He's 21 and looks it.  I wish they would have gone for someone closer to the other teen's ages, like 17-18, or at least, looking like 17-18 (like Lexi or even Haley)

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Yeah, I know it's wishful thinking. Of course they aren't going to know WTD is. Have to make it soapy even though we've seen this 537 times recently.

A WTD story here doesn't make sense to me. I can't see Britt carrying a child to term without getting tested to see if the baby has the AD gene and once that's done, it's so easy to test for who the father is.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Ugh, fucking Spencer is still the fucking worst even with a new actor. Aging the actor/character up actually makes his motivation here even harder for me to swallow. He's a young adult, good looking and well-spoken, with his eye on girls like Trina, so why's he wasting his time messing with Nikolas and Ava? I don't buy the "protecting Father from Ava" angle; Spencer's been gone for too long to be that invested in his dad's marriage. And he's old enough now that he doesn't HAVE to have a relationship with Nikolas or Ava at all if he doesn't want to. With the scare tactics ramping up in intensity (burglary and vandalism are not insignificant crimes!), Spencer's really coming across terribly in his return. 

Ava, much as I love her, is bugging me with her reaction to the whole situation, too. I fully understand her need to protect Avery but immediately and irrevocably upending her entire life isn't the way to do it. I get that she's too traumatized from the past events with Ryan/Kiki to respond rationally now, but man, it sucks to watch her push Nikolas away.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

but Molly is a lawyer now, save the Bar exam? Did this happen overnight? 

Molly told Shaun a couple times that she is not a lawyer so like others have said, why he is telling her this stuff instead of Diane is stupid.

I didn't stop my recording to soon did I, they didn't show Jax and Britt together did they? I saw Britt propositioning Jax, maybe he turned her down?  ya I doubt it.

Isn't Spencer going to show himself eventually, then Trina will find out who he really is? He definitely seems to old and cool. Young Spencer was a little dweeb.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

but Molly is a lawyer now, save the Bar exam? Did this happen overnight?

She's been going to law school for a couple of years now.  

16 minutes ago, Blackie said:

I didn't stop my recording to soon did I, they didn't show Jax and Britt together did they?

They showed them go to Britt's room at the MC and clothes came off.  They did the deed.  

17 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Isn't Spencer going to show himself eventually, then Trina will find out who he really is?

All good relationships start with anger and mistrust, dontchaknow.  

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

A WTD story here doesn't make sense to me. I can't see Britt carrying a child to term without getting tested to see if the baby has the AD gene and once that's done, it's so easy to test for who the father is.

This show is known for doing the absolute most ridiculous thing, so I don't have much faith, even if it doesn't make any sense.

17 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Molly told Shaun a couple times that she is not a lawyer so like others have said, why he is telling her this stuff instead of Diane is stupid.

I didn't stop my recording to soon did I, they didn't show Jax and Britt together did they? I saw Britt propositioning Jax, maybe he turned her down?  ya I doubt it.

Isn't Spencer going to show himself eventually, then Trina will find out who he really is? He definitely seems to old and cool. Young Spencer was a little dweeb.

Shawn (correct spelling) said why. He just wanted the guard out of the room so he could tell her what was going on with Alexis. He knew she couldn't give him any legal advice. My question was when did she get to this point. EDIT: I just saw this answered above.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, perkie1968 said:

I feel like nuspencer is too old for the part.  He's 21 and looks it.  I wish they would have gone for someone closer to the other teen's ages, like 17-18, or at least, looking like 17-18 (like Lexi or even Haley)

I felt that way too. He looked really young in the picture of him, Nik, and Laura though. I bought him as a teen from that. 

• Love 1

Someone just told me since I was complaining about the timeline re: Jason/Britt/Jax, that even though it's been about a month since we saw these two things happen, in show time it's only been about a week. Damn. That just makes it that much worse.

(edited)

The one upside of a WTD triangle with Jason/Britt/Jax is that either baby daddy would make Carly's head explode.  But I'd rather they leave it to a casual fling just there to irritate Jason or Carly or both.

I also wonder if there'll be a ripple effect with Nina, given she and Britt had that whole "Sisters!" pact with Maxie a while back.  Boning Jax isn't very sisterly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

2 years ago, I wanted them to pair Josslyn and Cameron. I thought they had a spark and should have went there after Oscar died. I don’t know what’s changed for me but they’re a dud and as bland as Millow.

Maybe it was that I saw more potential in them acting wise back then because since, both have demonstrated to me that they’re pretty limited. I also think having Josslyn lean in to heavily into this Carly jr personality hasn’t helped. I didn’t realize that their arguing the last couple months was supposed to be tension leading to a hookup because it wasn’t playing that way at all.

• Love 7

Dear God can we PLEASE stop with the Shawn is an innocent victim of a racist judge’ bullshit? And now Molly is going to ingratiate herself with the judge and make things worse? Spare me.

In other news, nuSpencer is cute but I’m not sold on him yet as an actor. And I don’t like him playing Trina if that’s what he’s doing. 

Cam and Joss = 😴

not sure about Britt and Jax but I can’t blame her for wanting some of that. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Yeah, I’m sure Frank hated making that phone call. Um, Nick you’re too short and ain’t gonna happen. Sorry ‘bout that. There’s always prime time. I do think Frank actually waited it out and would loved to have Nicholas back because he played him for so long but it just wouldn’t work with the actors playing Joss, Cam & Trina are all 17 (college bound) and, the same height. While Nicholas is 16 and if the height story is true (not a horrible thing) it would have looked weird filming wise. That said, I thought it was Dev behind the mask and realized he’s dead. Not that it matters but I totally forgot Dev died. LOL!!!!

Edit to add: I just checked his Instagram (as one does) and, Nicholas looks like any normal teen. Of course, you can’t tell his height but maybe he didn’t want to come back to GH. I’m sure Frank will use the “we wanted to go in a different direction” though.

His instagram pictures look carefully curated to hide any indication as to what his height is. He might have gotten a little taller than his last stated height of 4'6" to 4'9" but it obviously wasn't enough that Frank was allowed to keep him. Pretty sure they wanted to have Spencer as a tent pole for the "now college-aged" teen scene.

As for Dev, I thought it was him for a brief  as well. I wonder if this is their tacit admission that they shouldn't have killed off Dev. LOL. For me, I did think they always wanted to have Spencer as part of the teen scene but it just didn't work because of how young Nicholas Betchel looks in comparison to Cam/Joss/Trina and Frank was holding off on the hopes that he'd get a massive growth spurt that doesn't seem to have happened.

2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

I mean, did this look 18 to you? 

https://images.app.goo.gl/uYkQuovJNfhrPgZ98

He's just taking after dear old Dad!

When Spencer did interact with Joss and Cam as kids it was that weirdass storyline where he was obsessed with Emma and he hated Cam, and Hannah Nordberg Joss was playing interference for Spencer while being supplied with candy bars. I remember the boards thinking it was weird that Cam was still a kid and that it should have been Jake that was in that tween scene, whatever you want to call it. I'm guessing they're swapping out Joss for Emma unless they decide to bring back Emma as well. If they do I'm assuming they'll recast because Brooklyn is still 15 and looks it. More likely, we'll mostly never see Emma except for a once in a decade appearance like Serena Baldwin.

I hope I'm wrong because Spencer would basically be serving the same function that Dev did which would again make it irritating that they killed him off.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

Dear God can we PLEASE stop with the Shawn is an innocent victim of a racist judge’ bullshit? And now Molly is going to ingratiate herself with the judge and make things worse? Spare me.

Seriously.  It's a story that could be told without making the criminal mob flunky the injured party.  Like someone upthread mentioned, it's friggin' gaslighting.

I'm not sure about NuSpencer's acting, but he sure looks like he could be Nikolas's son.  And the "forgive me, Father, but this is for your own good" (or whatever he said) was classic Spencer.

The only thing amusing about the Britt/Jax hookup is now she's had 2 of the 3 men Carly thinks she has under her spell.  If she visits Nixon Falls and beds Smike, she'll get a set of steak knives.  But, for real, I hope Carly finds out and BLOWS a gasket. 

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ffwbe said:

2 years ago, I wanted them to pair Josslyn and Cameron. I thought they had a spark and should have went there after Oscar died. I don’t know what’s changed for me but they’re a dud and as bland as Millow.

I think part of it is the writing. Since Oscar died, Dev had a huge crush on her as did Cameron while all her adults spent a year and a half going "poor Josslyn". She's the golden girl, the prize just as Michael is, her relationships are foretold and as boring as his. It didn't help that she spent the last few months yelling at recently bereaved Cameron because he didn't blindly fall into the Cult of Jason when she told him to. Maybe we were supposed to be on Joss' side about Jason but it just left me with a strong distaste for her because of her complete lack of empathy. Cameron shouldn't have to do all the work.

The other problem is the acting. Eden McCoy looks like the daughter of Carly and Jax but she can't do nuance.

• Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sake614 said:

I won't believe any BLM on this show until they do a Shawn vs Jason when it come to criminal justice. Jason, who is a way worse criminal and a murderer, gets off relatively lightly compared to other criminals. I wouldn't mind if Shawn brought up Justus and Stan getting killed, even though neither one of them were technically or actually criminals.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/4/2021 at 3:32 PM, statsgirl said:

Valentin did torment the kid and try to murder Spencer. He would of killed him had Drew and Sonny not saved him. It's why he got sent away to boarding school. I think Spencer sees his dad choosing the woman befriended him then threw him to the wolves and was indifferent to him being killed over him. And he still sees Ava as a threat to his Inheritance as long as she's married to Nik. She did blackmail into the marriage. 

Edited by sppa125
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

How long is law school supposed to take? Molly already finished regular college and law school? Haley is just about to turn 23. I mean I know Molly is super smart and everything, but geez. Lol and I know they always fast track stuff on soaps. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Really hope Spencer's acting improves.  First day jitters? 

I was wondering about court records, and whether they have race recorded.  Alexis Davis, caucasian?

Oh, and I feel sorry for the poor people who have to clean up Ava's gallery mess. 

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

How long is law school supposed to take? Molly already finished regular college and law school? Haley is just about to turn 23. I mean I know Molly is super smart and everything, but geez. Lol and I know they always fast track stuff on soaps. 

Molly has been a year older than HP since she was sorased but they skipped a year of law school, I guess for this story. She was talking about finishing college in 2019 and law school is 3 years. Not as bad as other characters have gotten fast tracked through school but still. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Useful 1

Yeah, I dunno, I guess I appreciate Britt didn't react like a Sabrina and sit at home crying into her ice cream about the Jason quasi-breakup, and as far as the available options, I guess Jax is the best she could do (at least she didn't bang Spinelli or something).  And they did talk circles around Nina - she and Jax were together for a while, did Britt really not know? - so I guess there will be dramz there.  But it did overall feel kinda hollow.  Maybe I'm just tired of people saying all these correct things about Carly and Jason's toxic relationship that the show also wants us to ignore?  I'm definitely tired of hearing Britt tell the "Cyrus Renault sent two men after me and Jason saved me" story.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

Oh, and I feel sorry for the poor people who have to clean up Ava's gallery mess. 

I forgot to mention this. The entire gallery is trashed. Were expensive (in this universe) paintings defaced? I'd be pissed as hell. Of course Ava is more worried about Trina and Avery, but this is her place of work. She should realize that the stalker is after her. I guess she has insurance, but it looked to me like everything was completely ruined. I have a terrible feeling that Spencer will suffer no consequences just like he did for tampering with the ballot box and his election rigging.

• Love 5

I was shocked at the damage too. It has to be at least a million dollars worth. Sonny protected Spencer over the ballot box tampering. Is it too much to hope he won't be back in  time to save him now?

In the US does someone have to have an undergraduate degree to go to law school? In Canada you can get in with a 3 year degree and some universities (e.g. University of Toronto) sometimes let people in with less. If Molly started university at 17 or 18 she could easily have finished by 24.

1 hour ago, sppa125 said:

Valentin did torment the kid and try to murder Spencer. He would of killed him had Drew and Sonny not saved him. It's why he got sent away to boarding school. I think Spencer sees his dad choosing the woman befriended him then threw him to the wolves

Thanks for the information .

I wasn't watching back at that time. Did Valentin actually try to kill Spencer or was it assumed that he would because he killed Nik?

I do remember Spencer's obsession about his inheritance.  You'd think Spoon Island had been in the family for generations instead of being a fairly recent acquisition. Is he planning to keep his father single forever?

• Love 3

NuSpencer did alright on his first dialogue day. Of course, if you go by his IMDB (and, don’t we all?) it looks like GH is his only credit. I wonder how he was discovered. He must have done a commercial or something, right? Anyhoo, I’m sure he’ll do fine and if not, he’ll be canned. It’s funny I’ve been going on about him replacing NB and NB’s lack of height that I totally forgot about him be Nicholas son. Now, that I’ve seen his face I think he’s too old to play MC son. I almost think he might be taller than him. I guess we will all find out together on that one. I’ll give him a chance and I guess he’s Trina’s new love interest. I don’t see her with him at all. 

I kind of liked Jax have drunk sex. He’s had no chemistry with CW and they won’t ever go back to him & Carly so he might as well have some hotel sex while he’s looking so tanned and relaxed. I’m not sure if Jason & Carly will care that much except for the initial head explosion. LOL!!!! I do wonder what Leisel will think. Didn’t she have the hots for Mr. Jax last year? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
42 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I do remember Spencer's obsession about his inheritance.  You'd think Spoon Island had been in the family for generations instead of being a fairly recent acquisition. Is he planning to keep his father single forever?

I would say not. As a kid at least, Spencer adored both Britt and Hayden. He had really good relationships with both of them. But he's trying to protect Nik from Ava? So stupid. But par for the course with this show.

• Love 4