Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I did like the dyspeptic look on Jason's face when Carly asked him if he was thinking what she was. Hee.

He's mimicking the audience's reaction. 

But, honestly, they can talk this til they're blue in the face; they can have Brick bring in Venn diagrams and charts; Spinelli could pound on his laptop and show why this MOC needs to happen, and it's still nonsensical. 

Having said that, things that will happen:

- Carly will smile sadly and say "there was a time this was my fondest wish."

- Jax will be aghast, argue with Carly and conclude with "I just hope you know what you're doing."

- Spinelli will be stupidly giddy.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

Jason may marry Carly but he said that he wouldn't sleep with her. But St Jaysus is too honourable to see Britt on the side.

Why do I think this is partly to spare SBu any more shirtless scenes? 

57 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

If Spencer is behind this terrorizing of Ava, will everyone just laugh it off as the harmless shenanigans of an impish child?

Yes. There will always be some excuse for Spencer just as there was for Jason and Michael and will be for Wylie.

If Austin is a Holt, why is he asking about Jason? Is it a misdirect to make us think he's with one of the Five Families?

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

Sonny has several kids, a step daughter, and two grandson's, how much money does Gladys think Brando is going to get off the Corinthos money that she's worried about Sasha and the baby? Hell, Spencer is probably higher up on the list than Brando. 

I don’t think anyone has their second cousin who they knew for less than a year in their will, certainly not someone who had a wife, numerous children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. I’d venture that Sasha has more money than Brando does. Gladys is a moron who is just looking for a reason to hate Sasha. I just wished I cared about any of those 3 characters to care about this story. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think anyone has their second cousin who they knew for less than a year in their will, certainly not someone who had a wife, numerous children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews. I’d venture that Sasha has more money than Brando does. Gladys is a moron who is just looking for a reason to hate Sasha. I just wished I cared about any of those 3 characters to care about this story. 

Sasha is a partner in an up and coming fashion/cosmetics brand.  If they’re National, it’s worth big money already.  Much more valuable than a local garage.  Gladys is an idiot.

• Love 4

Has Scotty gotten worse as a lawyer in the last few years or has he just always been so indiscreet and a moron? Or maybe Kin Shriner has just gotten sloppy and lazy in the last few years

• Love 2

The Gladys stuff is just awful. First she was a money grubber, then she supposedly wanted the status that came with Sonny's wealth ( the whole dropped plot of Valentin seducing her) Now she thinks her ex-mob lackey and garage owning son is too good for a cosmetics spokesmodel!?!?!.

And no one batted an eye when Jason took over for Sonny when he left town, or when he was trying to protect Emily during the gawd-awful Soily mess, so why is it an issue now ( other than plotpointitis?)

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

And no one batted an eye when Jason took over for Sonny when he left town, or when he was trying to protect Emily during the gawd-awful Soily mess, so why is it an issue now ( other than plotpointitis?)

Because the SheBeast was swanning around town, acting like she was Mob Boss, calling in favors owed to Mooby, making plaaaaaaans that blew up, and then acting like she was in charge when she went to that meeting, when a consigliere could have gone. Oh, wait. I forgot what show this was. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

The Gladys stuff is just awful.

Brando isn't doing himself any favors, either. He knows his mother is a shit-stirrer, yet he's still going to allow her to move in with him? He needs to lay down the law in the clearest of terms and tell Gladys that if she continues to interfere, she's on her own and will have limited contact with her grandchild until she shapes up. Gladys is toxic.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Gladys is toxic.

seriously.  As much as I enjoy anyone who gives Carly shit, I'm just over her.

11 hours ago, statsgirl said:

But St Jaysus is too honourable to see Britt on the side.

I expect a scene where Carly warns him he CAN'T see Britt, as they have to make this marriage seem real.  "EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON IT!!!"

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I expect a scene where Carly warns him he CAN'T see Britt, as they have to make this marriage seem real.  "EVERYTHING DEPENDS ON IT!!!"

Oh please. Like mobsters/mafia dons don't have mistresses.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

No one batted an eye when Jason took over for Sonny when he left town, or when he was trying to protect Emily during the gawd-awful Soily mess, so why is it an issue now ( other than plotpointitis?)

I think it’s something that should have always been an issue, especially the time Jason outright stole the business from under Sonny, but since it never was before, I don’t see the point now. Wasn’t Carly only running the business because Jason was MIA? When Sonny returns, I’m sure that no one will bring up either Sonny or Jason needing to kill each other so this pp will be even more laughable. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sacrebleu said:

Because Jason knew what he was doing?

9 minutes ago, Katy M said:

Because Jason knew what he was doing?

I think that was @sacrebleu's point--that even back then, Jason knew what he was doing, but now, all of a sudden, they think he doesn't, so this stupid plotpointy idiocy of him and the SheBeast having to get married to "prove" he's in charge or whatever.

• Love 1

The idea that the Five Families will only believe that Jason and Carly are a united front is if they get married, is hilarious. Have they never seen this show? Jason would choose Carly over his wife and children in a heartbeat. Carly kidnapped a rivals elderly mother to hold hostage, and instead of gently removing the keys from Carly's hands, Jason sighed and went along with it. There's nothing Carly could do that would turn Jason against her. The organization was far more unstable when Sonny was at the helm. I will say though, Carly and Jason getting married while Sonny is presumed dead should be the soap bombshell of the decade, but it so obviously won't go anywhere that it's a whole lot of who cares. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

The idea that the Five Families will only believe that Jason and Carly are a united front is if they get married, is hilarious. Have they never seen this show? Jason would choose Carly over his wife and children in a heartbeat. Carly kidnapped a rivals elderly mother to hold hostage, and instead of gently removing the keys from Carly's hands, Jason sighed and went along with it. There's nothing Carly could do that would turn Jason against her. The organization was far more unstable when Sonny was at the helm. I will say though, Carly and Jason getting married while Sonny is presumed dead should be the soap bombshell of the decade, but it so obviously won't go anywhere that it's a whole lot of who cares. 

I think most people know that the show is too into the Sonny/Carly/Jason trio to let something break them up for good so any soapy moments of this story are not likely to happen. I also think LW/SBu have  sibling chemistry so a Jarly pairing wouldn’t do anything for me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

If others in PC saw the mob as bad -- which it is -- I'd enjoy this story a lot more because I'm actually enjoying the Jason/Carly/Brick scenes because they are acknowledging THIS IS THE MOB.

God, i would love it if when Sonny came back he didn't get his memory. I am just really loving the show right now. Other than the god-awful Sasha/Brando--the actress is really, truly dreadful, Joss, Michael and Willow, everything else is so, so, sooooo good.

44 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think most people know that the show is too into the Sonny/Carly/Jason trio to let something break them up for good so any soapy moments of this story are not likely to happen. I also think LW/SBu have  sibling chemistry so a Jarly pairing wouldn’t do anything for me. 

Oh, I agree. The story looks good on paper, but in order for it to work, Carly and Jason would need chemistry. They don't. And Carly and Sonny would need chemistry. I'm not seeing it either. Their best bet is to cast someone as Novak who LW really pops with, but I think the only actors she's really worked well with were IR's Jax and SK's AJ.

• Love 8
(edited)
On 6/28/2021 at 4:33 PM, tvgoddess said:

Great, so we have my fave to blame? 🙄

I was hoping it was going to lead to a discovery that Avery's toys had been "gotten to" even at Sonny's house. After all, Spencer is his nephew. (I just can't figure out how he got into the Metro Court room? Is he just a mini-Spinelli hacker at this point?)

Edit: I just remembered that bartender who stole Ava's room key and then reported to someone via phone.

Edited by Auntie Velvet
  • Love 1

Is it me or wasn't there a scene of catatonic Ryan receiving a letter from his biggest fan that may have been signed HB as in Heather Webber?

I only half-watch the show, but I could have sworn that happened. 

56 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Is it me or wasn't there a scene of catatonic Ryan receiving a letter from his biggest fan that may have been signed HB as in Heather Webber?

It was more obvious than that.  I think it was signed Heather W or H Webber and referenced something from her history (can't remember what).

• Useful 1

Carly “So it makes sense from a business sense”.  Oh please, as if marrying Jason isn’t a dream come true for her that she’s wanted for the past 20 years.  She did a pretty good job containing her glee though.

Maxie, you let your daughter move across the country to live with her dad so maybe dial back the judgement if Brooklyn decides to leave “Bailey” with a nanny.  Ugh, these people.

Loved Scotty and Liesl though.  They are so cute.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, mostlylurking said:

Carly “So it makes sense from a business sense”.  Oh please, as if marrying Jason isn’t a dream come true for her that she’s wanted for the past 20 years.  She did a pretty good job containing her glee though.

So they're actually going to go through with this?

giphy.gif

• Love 1

What's up with Nina's eyes?

They've been wonky in the last couple of episodes. During the meeting with Brook, Maxie, and Lucy, I thought they were going to fall out of her head (not that that would be an uncommon facial expression if you were in the middle of that group).

It doesn't seem to happen as much when she's speaking, but when she's listening, it's just dang crazy.

Did anyone else notice? It was especially noticeable when Brook was talking during the scene about 20 minutes in.

41 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Unaired scene: Carly, in her bedroom, reaches under the bed and pulls out her Jason Hope Chest, complete with pre-written wedding vows, a veil, a guest list and reception menu.  "I knew it was smart to pre-plan," she says with a dreamy sigh. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

I found it really galling today that Carly expressed concerns over the "optics" of this marriage arrangement with Jason, as if she's ever had a whit of care about the obvious parasitic relationship between the two of them. She's never been shy about her claim to Jason so I don't know why the show won't just let her be real and admit that this situation is giving her the keys to the kingdom. Mob power AND Jason's wife, that is undeniably Carly's personal pinnacle of success. She doesn't need time to "think things over" or "worry about what this will do to them as people." These fake moments of humility never land because that's just not who Carly is and we all know it.

I'm also pretty pissed that after such a nice foundation was laid for Jason and Britt, he's going to ruin things by choosing the mob over everything else. It's no surprise that he's on board with this plan (much like Carly, Jason is who he is, without doubt) but dammit, Britt better not sit on the sidelines and wait for him. Girlfriend has been so confident about living her life while she can and I don't want to see her waste a minute of it by mourning Jason Morgan.

• Love 17
13 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm also pretty pissed that after such a nice foundation was laid for Jason and Britt, he's going to ruin things by choosing the mob over everything else. It's no surprise that he's on board with this plan (much like Carly, Jason is who he is, without doubt) but dammit, Britt better not sit on the sidelines and wait for him. Girlfriend has been so confident about living her life while she can and I don't want to see her waste a minute of it by mourning Jason Morgan.

Nobody should be mourning Jason Morgan, least of all the women in his life. A guy who chooses the mob over his children is not worth the headache, the heartache or anything really, so I hope Britt tells him that it's been swell, and to enjoy his life with his obnoxious, domineering BFF. 

And if Sonny should show up in PC looking for Nina and the wedding doesn't go through because of this, she should still tell him to take a hike. Nobody needs this, and especially not a woman with an incurable disease. 

Honestly, though, Carly's tears at making this "sacrifice" of marrying Jason and asking him if he's okay and telling him how she's chased or tried to chase every woman Jason has ever loved out of his life and how this would look did not land at all. 

Dear show and dumb dumb writers, we've known the score for eons now. Carly isn't crying over this. Carly is crying because she can't believe her luck. So please stop with noble Carly. Thanks. I wonder how long and how hard Elizabeth Korte has pushed for this. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I wonder how long and how hard Elizabeth Korte has pushed for this. 

Probably since Sarah Brown left. Or maybe when they recast with Laura Wright. It's so pathetic.

At least Robin had a reason for not getting over Jason when she returned in 2005--they actually did have a relationship.

• Love 1

This MOC is at least a decade too late. Jason and Carly won’t fall in love, and Sonny’s return is undercut by the fact that he’s done nothing to figure out who he is. It’s a dud on every level.

• Love 15

I take it that Carly's "how this will look to people" is an attempt at lampshading that Carly's always wanted Jason but is any longtime viewer of the show going to buy it? Or even any viewer of the past month who saw how desperate Carly was to save Jason? But is anyone asks, I would be fine with Carly moving to Hawaii and taking her spawn with her.

So I guess Finn will not turn himself in because of Violet prolonging the Bailey story, and the Anna/Valentin/Brook Lynn triangle.

1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

So much second hand embarrassment at the evil scientist's flirting. Well done by Gati as was the scene with Britt, tears in her eyes.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

She's so smitten. They really are adorable. And I've really grown to love KG and KT as mother/daughter and their dynamic so I loved those scenes.

1 hour ago, General Days said:

They've been wonky in the last couple of episodes. During the meeting with Brook, Maxie, and Lucy, I thought they were going to fall out of her head (not that that would be an uncommon facial expression if you were in the middle of that group).

It doesn't seem to happen as much when she's speaking, but when she's listening, it's just dang crazy.

Did anyone else notice? It was especially noticeable when Brook was talking during the scene about 20 minutes in.

The only thing I noticed was that it looked like she had no eye makeup on at all. Maybe she had an eye infection or something.

50 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Unaired scene: Carly, in her bedroom, reaches under the bed and pulls out her Jason Hope Chest, complete with pre-written wedding vows, a veil, a guest list and reception menu.  "I knew it was smart to pre-plan," she says with a dreamy sigh. 

You have been on fire lately with these alternate Carly scenes! Keep them coming. 🍿

It's been said already, but the whole thing is just so stupid that it requires me to laugh so I don't roll my eyes right out of my head.

So in the past month, Britt will have been diagnosed with an incurable disease, lost her job, and now loses the guy she's just admitted to herself that she has feelings for. Like Locke told Walt in the early episodes of Lost, "You're having a bad month".

I'm really glad they're moving Anna away from Finn and on to Valentin. She doesn't need to be dragged down by someone so morose and gloomy. 

Loved the BLQ/Maxie scenes. Their friendship is very nice to see.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Can't say, I'm too busy studying Kin Shriner's "Am I Doing a Scene or Having a Stroke" School of Acting.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, VioletMarx said:

Can't say, I'm too busy studying Kin Shriner's "Am I Doing a Scene or Having a Stroke" School of Acting.

I used to hate his style of acting, same with Genie Francis. It was what I called "old time soap opera acting". I couldn't stand it. Newer younger actors came on with a more relaexd style so it seems he has changed up his style to be more contemporary  but it comes off as too goofy. Maybe we can chalk it up to "being in Love". GF has changed her acting style lately too, but it is more refined. (IMO)

14 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

Loved the BLQ/Maxie scenes. Their friendship is very nice to see.

Why doesn't BLQ ask Maxie to be the babysitter instead of plopping a newborn in a daycare where Maxie will have to skulk around (like the daycare workers won't get just as suspicious as the Q's) Or does James go to the daycare as well?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Linny said:

I found it really galling today that Carly expressed concerns over the "optics" of this marriage arrangement with Jason, as if she's ever had a whit of care about the obvious parasitic relationship between the two of them. She's never been shy about her claim to Jason so I don't know why the show won't just let her be real and admit that this situation is giving her the keys to the kingdom. Mob power AND Jason's wife, that is undeniably Carly's personal pinnacle of success. She doesn't need time to "think things over" or "worry about what this will do to them as people." These fake moments of humility never land because that's just not who Carly is and we all know it.

I really don't want to watch this, after coming across a scene from 2007 where Jason was angry and appalled that Carly got his marriage certificate to Brenda to visit him in prison, claiming to be his wife and cooing "I've missed yooooooou" AND especially after I just read that Stuart Damon/Alan Quartermaine has passed away. It's sooo sad. Dr. Alan Q would be horrified at the idea of Jason marrying Carly. 

I feel for SBu, LC, WK, LH, JE, and Kimberly McC.  I'm sure it's painful, sad news for them.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4
(edited)

Valentin's "I can barely tolerate you now, darling" to Anna was so cute, and her laughing like she didn't expect that.  That's all I got out of the episode...

Edited by AuxArx
  • Love 10
(edited)

I can't with this writing to justify the MOC.  They're treating the mob like it's a royal family, and Jason has to marry the widowed Queen in order to keep the monarchy going.  And, to what end?  As soon as Sonny comes back, even if he doesn't remember, the J/C marriage will be null and void, so, again I ask: THE POINT??

ETA: Speaking of things I cannot, I cannot believe they are still having Josslyn go on and on about how "Cam almost shot Jason--he's family!" and how she just can't get passed that, despite his apology.  It's especially galling when her "Uncle Sonny" tried on more than one occasion to kill her father and she's perfectly OK with that.  In conclusion, go to hell, Joss.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Valentin's "I can barely tolerate you now, darling" to Anna was so cute, and her laughing like she didn't expect that.  That's all I got out of the episode...

I know !  Can they just please get together already ?  At least kiss ! 

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

ETA: Speaking of things I cannot, I cannot believe they are still having Josslyn go on and on about how "Cam almost shot Jason--he's family!" and how she just can't get passed that, despite his apology.  It's especially galling when her "Uncle Sonny" tried on more than one occasion to kill her father and she's perfectly OK with that.  In conclusion, go to hell, Joss.  Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

So, a lot of times on soaps a kid will hate a stepparent because he/she wants the parents to get back together, or they want all the parent's attention, or because stepparent is stricter than parent.  Here there is an actual legitimate* reason for child to have serious drama with stepparent that could have been mined.

*I'm not trying to discount the real feelings of kids who don't like their stepparents for the more mundane reasons I listed.  It's tough having your family upended.  But, I couldn't think of a better word for legitimate for this much more obvious reason to have strife.

• Love 3

I stopped watching GH years ago, but I still think about how legendary the show used to be from time to time, and Stuart Damon and his generation was a big part of why GH used to be one of the greats.

I'll miss him.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, AuxArx said:

Valentin's "I can barely tolerate you now, darling" to Anna was so cute, and her laughing like she didn't expect that. 

It was adorable. However, Jerry Jax (more specifically, Sebastian Roché) still has the best "darling" in the business.

3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I cannot believe they are still having Josslyn go on and on about how "Cam almost shot Jason--he's family!" and how she just can't get passed that, despite his apology. 

As always, shut up, Joss. Let it go, you whiner. Ugh, she's the worst. 

All this angst about the dumb mob leaves me bored. Again, it's way too late for all of these regrets. 

LOL at Michael giving Joss advice about going to college. Remind me, when did he get a diploma? Oh, right.

Another LOL at Joss asking Michael if he talked to Carly about giving Nina access to Wiley.

• Love 7

Joss hating on Cam for not even doing anything to Jason considering all Sonny did to her father and she loved him is just making me want to slap her.

I forgot Violet was Elizabeth's niece, she really should be more in her life.

• Love 5

I thought LW & SB were pretty good today. I didn’t think the show would ever go there. It just took for Sonny to “die”. I did like how Carly knew everyone would think she always wanted this but Jason basically said F them. Of course, the hard part begins when he has to tell Britt and Carly has to tell EVERYONE. LOL!!!

as for, Kin Shriner. I used to like when he was young Scotty and return for the wedding of Luke and Laura bitter ex. The obnoxious and not very smart Scotty has always annoyed me. I don’t know when that started?! Was this how he was written on Port Charles? I didn’t watch him on that. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

That was good!  Now do Carly and Joss planning the wedding.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ljr said:

I just saw online  Stuart Damon passed away at age 84

I saw that too.  Just terrible.  As I understand it, his death was the result of renal failure.

RIP Stuart Damon.

• Love 1

things I don't get.:

Jason had the business before - hell Jason stole the business before (if i remember correctly) so why do they have to get married now? This whole five Families thing is stupid. Is it 4 families + Sonny? Is it 5 Families + Sonny? (which actually makes it six?) is it Five Families and all the mobs answer to these bozos? like who cares if this Novak person stole a shipment of gummy bears... like geeze. if this was a real "Bidnazz" wouldn't Jason organize to have that person Killed? (hell wouldn't Carly you know queen Mobette" order to have this person killed?

I feel this is being catered to LW because she wants it to be Carly/Jason (and i remember someone saying that if she had it her way Micheal's birth would be retconnned that Jason was the father) so why are they playing it off that Carly is all sad bananas about this?  If Britt had half a brain she'd be like thanks for the sex in Canada have fun with that drama. 

Joss: take a long walk off a short pier

• Love 16
(edited)

I’m not sure if my perception is correct, but in previous years, it always seemed to me that Carly was suppressing her feelings and trying convince herself that all she wanted from Jason was friendship; however, lately it appears as if Carly is more open with herself and others about her desire to be with him.

Edited by drtslim
  • Love 1

I wouldn’t mind watching Carly repeatedly and unsuccessfully trying to seduce Jason, like Wile E. Coyote getting crushed by an anvil every time.

Jason: -walks in on Carly in a negligee-

Carly: Oh, Jason, I forgot to lock the door, teehee!

Jason: -blinks, silently hands her her robe, walks out-

Carly: Dammit!

Then Joss pops out from the closet: We’ll get him next time, Mom!

• LOL 18
  • Love 2