Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

Count me among the few who did not enjoy the Britt/Jason scenes. I'm not ready to throw the character of Jason a parade just because SBu is finally putting in some minimal effort. I found the banter at the end forced. I was also annoyed with Britt's innuendo and them pussy footing around each other. Ugh, you two already boned, if you want to make out, just make out. Just know Britt that you will need a good, strong vibrator on hand because Carly interruptus will happen plenty and often.

I was annoyed by those Liz/Carly scenes not just because she didn't owe Carly an apology and I hated the propping of Carly, but I was nauseated by the Carly/Jason and Jason propping. Liz was wrong that Jason killed Franco and it's fair and decent of her to offer him an apology, but there is no reason for her to beat herself up and act like it was oh so wrong for her to ever doubt that the sainted hitman could ever kill someone he hated. Jason gave Liz plenty of reason to think he might be guilty. 

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

We better not get Chase eventually hiding his legs work again just to keep dull, cold, Willow, like Al and Jenbot on OLTL. But we probably are because that's how stupid this show is.

The Office Yes GIF

I really like Britt and Jason together and look forward to their scenes, but I thought today missed the mark. What has been flirty banter between grownups who like and respect each other suddenly morphed into giggling double entendres from horny teenagers.  The writing did not serve them well.

Count me among those who enjoyed the conversation between Liz and Carly, despite the fact that it was marred by another completely unnecessary apology. Get off your high horses, Carly and Joss. Being correct does not make you right. 

I find it hard to believe that Molly would choose the fifth-month anniversary as the first one to celebrate. If it were the sixth, ok. But if she’s celebrating 5, you know she’s also put on the party hat for 1, 2, 3 and 4. So instead of being surprised, TJ should have had a decoupaged picture frame at the ready. While silently wondering where he’s going to keep this endless supply of mugs and keychains.

7 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Maxie should be worried. Her behavior shows blatant stupidity.  When she said she literally aches for Louise, my thought (and I say this as a non-mother), "get a breast pump, and secretly give the bottled milk to BL for your daughter who needs it instead of picking up the baby and calling her "Louise" in front of Valentin! Gah.

Cue the “Maxie is crazy and thinks our daughter is hers!” storyline.

5 hours ago, Laur said:

Speaking of couples with chemistry, I also am intrigued by both Valentin/Anna, Valentin/Brook Lynn, AND Chase/Brook Lynn. I feel like they'll probably go the Valentin/Anna and Chase/Brook Lynn direction longer term, but there's a lot of chemistry all directions here.

I agree that the Valentin/BL pairing is great, but I never saw much chemistry between Valentin and Anna. Just a lot of angst and mopiness. Besides, I’m still holding out hope for something between Anna and Gonzo.

As for Chase and Brooke Lynn, I hope that stays a friendship. Good male/female friendships on this show are rare (Ned/Brenda and Alexis/Jax were two of my all-time faves) and I’d hate to see them throw this one away just to make BL the fourth leg on a very wobbly Millow-Chase table.

• Love 3

Is Sonny in the car yet? When is he going to get his ass back to Port Charles? My soapiest guess is that he will somehow stumble upon Carly and Jason's mob wedding of convenience. (Not a spoiler; it just seems to be in the air.)

• Love 1

I feel like the show has done a lot of course correction lately, but I still highly doubt Chase’s paralysis is to reunite him with Willow. He’s been the innocent party the whole time, so now it’s his turn to be the bad guy. Brook Lynn will let it slip that Michael and Willow are in love, and then in the next scene we’ll see Chase’s foot twitch and Finn will excitedly ask if he felt that, and Chase will swallow tensely and say no. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Sorry, but I fast forwarded all the scenes between the SheBeast and Elizabeth. I don't care how good the acting was--just on principal, Elizabeth doesn't owe that Cujo a damned thing.

And while I was on the barge when Shawn got sent away, did the viewers ever see the judge that sent him away? Was it Carson played by another actress? Still, even if it was, the sudden plot/trying to be "realistic" of Shawn being sent away/getting a harsher sentence because he's Black is utter bullshit. Especially when you know he was a mob lackey, and not an upstanding citizen. And Shawn's such an entitled asshole otherwise, that I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

I need a Robert fix.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Sorry, but I fast forwarded all the scenes between the SheBeast and Elizabeth. I don't care how good the acting was--just on principal, Elizabeth doesn't owe that Cujo a damned thing.

THIS!!!

For me, the mere appearance of Carly means I'm muting and/or FFing. I don't care who is she with, and I don't care if she's not even being classic snarly Carly. I cannot stand Carly, and when I saw Liz, I knew it was only going to be Liz apologizing profusely for daring to think a hitman and paid murderer murdered her husband. No thanks. She asked him. He stared at her, so she believed what she believed. Reasonable to me!

I didn't watch her apology to Jason - she didn't owe him an apology either - and I didn't watch her scenes w/Carly. I also skipped Cameron apologizing to that mini-SheBeast! Just not interested in seeing them fall over themselves w/guilt. It's too much and is completely unnecessary. 

• Love 11
25 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And Shawn's such an entitled asshole otherwise, that I don't feel sorry for him one bit.

That's just one of the problems with this storyline. He's a mob lackey, he tried to kill someone, and he took the hit for Sonny because he believes that the mob is that important to give up his freedom for.

I appreciate the attempt to be woke but instead do a story where TJ is driving in another county, gets pulled over for a broken tail light and treated badly. Molly goes on a crusade, maybe gets some help from Alexis. Robert can get pulled in since he's the DA. It can be as limited as they want.

Just don't expect me to believe that Shawn's sentence is longer than Alexis' because of race. (Also I see no reason to have Shawn back on the show, there's enough mob influence as it is.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Count me among the few who did not enjoy the Britt/Jason scenes. I'm not ready to throw the character of Jason a parade just because SBu is finally putting in some minimal effort. I found the banter at the end forced. I was also annoyed with Britt's innuendo and them pussy footing around each other. Ugh, you two already boned, if you want to make out, just make out. Just know Britt that you will need a good, strong vibrator on hand because Carly interruptus will happen plenty and often.

I wasn't into those scenes either.  They have a good chemistry going on but yesterday was a bit cringe.  I just can't ship Jason with anyone, it never turns out well for the lady in the pairing.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

(Also I see no reason to have Shawn back on the show, there's enough mob influence as it is.)

I like the actor, and he can act.  Unlike Brick, who keeps popping up to mumble his lines and give Carly a tongue bath.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Show, no matter how many times people say it, I cannot believe that Sonny was a business genius.

C'mon, don't you remember that report he speed read in less than 10 seconds putting together that Derek Wells was really Julian Jerome? 🙄

I enjoyed the Jason/Britt scenes until Carly interrupted of course. But I find them refreshing and fun. And they have way more sex appeal than he's had with Sam in like a decade at the very least, probably longer.

Make this Chase storyline go away. Please.

I couldn't watch the Liz/Carly scenes. I despise her that much.

• Love 4

Today's show winner was Monica's blazer, very fashion forward for a mature woman. Unlike the dowdy crap Laura gets to wear. Monica looked really good, some of the bad effects from previous cosmetic stuff have worn off, maybe there is hope for Molly.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, tvgoddess said:

I enjoyed the Jason/Britt scenes until Carly interrupted of course. But I find them refreshing and fun. And they have way more sex appeal than he's had with Sam in like a decade

Yeah, I think that's what bothers Carly so much.  The hurt/tears in her eyes today when Jason confirmed that Britt is important to him, that there is something between them that "has nothing to do with you" made me gleeful.  As did Britt standing up for herself when Carly was rude/refused to acknowledge her. 

Hey Jason, when Carly asks for confirmation that you two are "partners," you appear willfully ignorant that it means "you belong to me." I grinned that she was all offended that he won't confide in her about Britt.  Her sobbing when Jason didn't actually deny people are right that she puts lot of demands on him but he wouldn't have the "life I have" if not for her and they always have each other's backs, 🤮

Nina, Nelle was not "your sweet daughter."  She def. seems headed for a breakdown.  Did anyone else find it laughably specific that Michael said Wiley can hear Nina's perspective on Nelle when he's 22 years old? Nina, Sonny has not "been through hell" - his children have.

I just ....can't.....with the Chillow stuff and Willow running to Michael to cry again.

I loathe Terry's "Biz" nickname for Elizabeth and her desire to gossip with Liz about "what's going on with you and Finn." On a positive note, that shade of blue, with matching earrings, looks terrific on LC. Monica looks so happy to be the replacement chair, working with her colleagues again at GH. It's also nice to see Laura and Monica in the same room, for non-tragic reasons. 

I know next to nothing about Terry and have never been invested in her character since she's rarely on, so I don't care about her competing with Britt for CoS.

I  had to mute Shawn as soon as he said "institutional racism" and started giving Alexis crap. The thing with the two of them and the prison guards hauling them off made me roll my eyes.  So much whatever about their "kids" too. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 6

Board Chair is a good position for Monica, she's getting too old for surgery. But who will look after the children in her daycare?

And it must be said again since the show has ignored it, Monica and Bobbie were fired for cause.

A 3 year old does not need a child psychologist, his family needs a family therapist. And more important than who his mother is should  be dealing with having been ripped away from his fathers.

Willow and Chase Zzzzzzzzz....

Willow crying in Michael's arms 🤮

11 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I know next to nothing about Terry and have never been invested in her character since she's rarely on, so I don't care about her competing with Britt for CoS.

I  had to mute Shawn as soon as he said "institutional racism" and started giving Alexis crap. The thing with the two of them and the prison guards hauling them off made me roll my eyes.  So much whatever about their "kids" too. 

Co-sign. I guess we're supposed to feel sorry for Britt between Carly gunning for her over Jason and having to compete for her job.

By the way, wouldn't Britt have a contract for her CoS position?  Hopefully it has a clause for termination without cause.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

By the way, wouldn't Britt have a contract for her CoS position?  Hopefully it has a clause for termination without cause.

They would probably say it was null and void because Cyrus, a drug criminal, hired her.

That's how this show rolls.

(edited)

I think it’s hysterical that Maxie was pregnant for a thousand years but Sasha and Brando had sex like two weeks ago and she already looks ready to pop.

Like most everyone else I have no idea why Liz felt the need to apologize to Carly.  I can see Cam apologizing to Joss since they’re friends (at least one of them is a good friend), but Liz and Carly are barely civil to each other on a good day.  The apology was too much.  Regardless of all that, it was a good scene.  I did laugh at how both Liz and Cam apologized so sincerely to Jason and Jason was just like “Meh.  It’s fine.”  Such a typical Jason reaction.

Maybe this is unpopular but I do not see any romantic chemistry between Anna and Valentin.  I think they are fantastic as friends and partners but I would much rather see Valentin and Brooklyn together romantically.  I am still holding out hope for Anna and Finn, although that is pretty much dead since show seems to be going full bore on Finn/Liz.

It’s so true Carly/Sonny suck the life out of everyone.  I am loving Britt and Jason.  Honestly I can even deal with Joss when she’s out of her Corinthi fog.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 3

The terrible CGI explosion was hilarious. 

So this is the "big story" for Terri? 

How many napkins at the Metro Court do we think Carly has scribbled CarlyNJason4Eva on? 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

How many napkins at the Metro Court do we think Carly has scribbled CarlyNJason4Eva on? 

I think she's got a storage locker somewhere in PC with an entire china set embossed with a J&C...just in case.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
(edited)

So there are still some actors uncomfortable with physical contact. Otherwise why didn’t Elizabeth and Terry hug? Anyhoo. Terri can just stop with the gossipy tone when she was asking what was going on between Elizabeth and Finn. Especially considering that Elizabeth is still grieving the loss of her husband. 

Show can also just STOP with trying to tell viewers how they really care about social issues. Because they SUCK at it.

And Laura can also stop with the smug smile at Monica being named CEO, and whatever secret message she was trying to convey with the eyebrow raising.

Because Bobbie AND Monica were fired for cause. And Monica? Choosing a Chief of Staff has to be an OBJECTIVE AND PROFESSIONAL decision-not a personal one, as if choosing who you LIKE. And I say this as someone who’s not a fan of Britt’s.

I was LOVING!!! CHEERING seeing the SheBeast in tears at the thought that she was losing Jason to own and know everything damn thing about his personal life. Then they had to ruin it with the delusional lines about how she’s been his friend and supported him since he was born as Morgan. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒

Yeah, let’s ignore how she lied that Jason beat her and threatened to take baby Michael; how she had a hand in the split between him and Robin; how she emotionally blackmailed him; and whatever she tried with Elizabeth.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

but Sasha and Brando had sex like two weeks ago and she already looks ready to pop.

Sofia Mattson kept denying on social media that she was pregnant until last week, when she finally admitted it, so she's way far into her pregnancy now, which means Sasha's further along then she would realistically be.  

• Love 2

Good for Nina for telling Michael that if she can't talk about Nelle to Wiley, neither can he.  And LOL at the bizarrely specific age of 22 for Wiley to hear about Nelle. What are they going to do when (because it won't be if) he starts asking earlier? Are they just going to say he has to wait until he's 22? Good luck with that. 

And only now Nina realizes not telling anyone about Sonny is going to wreck her access to Wiley. And Nina, it's not up to you to decide what Sonny's life should be. Gross.

LOL that Carly told Jason he and Britt could have all the privacy he wants. Not in this lifetime!

The prison library scuffle was hilarious. I'm surprised Alexis didn't crumble into dust what with her osteoporosis.

Do none of those doctors know that when you're chief of staff, you're not practicing medicine that much? You're an administrator.

That CGI explosion was SO TERRIBLE. And I bet it cost a fortune. It would be hilarious if Mike was behind it, but the show isn't that interesting.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Do none of those doctors know that when you're chief of staff, you're not practicing medicine that much? You're an administrator.

At a normal hospital, sure. At GH the COS has a full patient load. Practicing their specialty, as well as every other doctor’s specialty…

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
24 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Good for Nina for telling Michael that if she can't talk about Nelle to Wiley, neither can he.  And LOL at the bizarrely specific age of 22 for Wiley to hear about Nelle.

Not to mention the whole idea that from the near future until he's 22 he'll be seeing a psychiatrist to deal with it.  If they don't want it to be a big secret all they need to do is tell him his bio mother died at some point when he can comprehend (6? 7? whatever).  If when he's a teenager he wants more info, maybe then consult a therapist on how to deal with it.  But the bizarre way Michael worded it made little sense.

26 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

LOL that Carly told Jason he and Britt could have all the privacy he wants. Not in this lifetime!

Please.  Carly pushing back at Jason and acting like he was forsaking her and how "now more than ever" they needed to stick together is Carly circa 1998, except instead of using Baby Michael now she's using Sonny's ~death and the business. 

Couldn't roll my eyes hard enough at the cheering for Bobbie being reinstated, as if she wasn't fired for putting the hospital at risk for a major lawsuit that Nelle could have won because she was in the right.  Same goes for Monica.  I guess she loves the hospital when she can do as she pleases, with no repercussions.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, WhyIsTheRumGone said:

At a normal hospital, sure. At GH the COS has a full patient load. Practicing their specialty, as well as every other doctor’s specialty…

Steve Hardy was the exception. When he was Chief of Staff, that’s what he was. It was the others that followed that deviated—Alan, Monica, Patrick, Robin, Stephen Lars…Britt.

I miss Steve Hardy.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Terri can just stop with the gossipy tone when she was asking what was going on between Elizabeth and Finn. Especially considering that Elizabeth is still grieving the loss of her husband. 

Show can also just STOP with trying to tell viewers how they really care about social issues. Because they SUCK at it.

And Laura can also stop with the smug smile at Monica being named CEO, and whatever secret message she was trying to convey with the eyebrow raising.

Because Bobbie AND Monica were fired for cause. And Monica? Choosing a Chief of Staff has to be an OBJECTIVE AND PROFESSIONAL decision-not a personal one, as if playing who you LIKE. And I say this as someone who’s not a fan of Britt’s.

I was LOVING!!! CHEERING seeing the SheBeast in tears at the thought that she was losing Jason to own and know everything damn thing about his personal life. Then they had to ruin it with thise delusional lines about how she’s been his friend and supported him since he was born as Morgan. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒

Yeah, let’s ignore how she lied that Jason beat her and threatened to take baby Michael; how she had a hand in the split between him and Robin; and whatever she tried with Elizabeth.

I thought the scene between Terri and Elizabeth was in especially bad taste, because A) Terri was the who told/treated Franco last year regarding the return of his tumor and knew that Elizabeth was devastated, and B) was in Elizabeth's house, helping with the kids, in March, witnessing as the began to mourn Franco's death.  She knows it's been not even four months yet and Elizabeth and her kids are dealing with the loss every day.

The idea of addressing social issues is not bad, but Shawn the Mob thug claiming "institutional racism" is the WAY WRONG DIRECTION.  On a show called General Hospital, a much better issue would be medical treatment disparities for POC that TJ wants to fix, or discrimination with POC medical professionals, like maybe TJ and Epiphany dealing with how they are treated in some situation.

Laura smiling smugly at Monica getting the chair of the board position isn't that big a deal IMO  - the most recent chair who just went back to prison put her and several people who matter to her through a hostage situation or worse, and she has a long history with Monica and Bobbie (who know what they're doing as medical professionals and aren't killers or drug dealers).  Laura has reason to distrust Britt and a former CoS, Dr. Obrecht, who conspired to steal (embryo) Rocco from her daughter and son-in-law. Not to mention that Dr. O tortured Robin and almost killed Robert with a syringe; Laura considers Robert a good friend. 

I think Jason had to assure Carly of their importance to each other, so she doesn't have a complete breakdown about *gasp* sharing him another woman. He would have more damage control/crap to deal with and never a moment of peace. 

Carly has done all that and more; I think the insinuation was she's the constant in his life through changes, relationships, traumas, etc. It seems like he's not really capable of seeing or understanding how toxic their "friendship" is.  In other words, Carly's obsession gets labeled as "loyalty." 

• Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, statsgirl said:

And it must be said again since the show has ignored it, Monica and Bobbie were fired for cause.

Yeah, I don't love the narrative here.  Monica and Bobbie weren't innocent, blameless victims of Cyrus', they did something unethical that opened themselves up to justified firings.  Also, was Bobbie not recently providing off-the-books medical care to a kidnapped woman on orders from the local mob queen?  That's bad nursing, Barbara Jean.

I mean, they belong at the hospital, but maybe the writers shouldn't have put Monica and Bobbie in this position in the first place.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Carly's obsession with all the asking Jason about Britt was weird. 

It seemed like she desperately wanted Jason to tell her he's not sleeping with Britt, or if he was, it was just a light fling that's basically over now and of course she is his #1 priority. I get the impression that she was delusionally hoping once Jason was back, she and Jason would get closer and become "partners" in every sense of the word since he and Sam broke up and they believe Sonny is dead. When Sam told her the relationship with Jason was over, Carly called him and left an "I'm here/ILY" voicemail as soon as Sam left.

• Love 6
On 6/22/2021 at 7:36 AM, statsgirl said:

The need for bodyguards seems to wax and wane by the changing storylines, although if a mob war is brewing the need should go up. I'd love to see how Joss' profs react to her bodyguards.

Carly is right that you get a fuller experience living in residence, mostly because  of the social activities. (I wished that I could have but couldn't afford it.) One summer I worked for the Dean of Residence at one of the colleges including helping assign housing. Out of town students got first dibs on residence rooms because they couldn't commute and what remained was offered based on marks with better students offered rooms first.

Horrors, what if Joss was put on the wait list? Carly and Jax would probably buy her a condo.

Same here. I have a hard time seeing Joss share a floor bathroom.

Can you imagine what an entitled princess she would be in a dorm?  

• Love 1

I keep reading here that Maxie's pregnancy was laughably long -- but is it, in show time? Didn't the show pick up where it had left off after the Covid break? What was months to us was just seconds later in Port Charles. 

I didn't think Laura seemed smug. It just struck me as Genie putting layers into the scene. Monica has always been another mother to her, and Leslie putting aside history and recommending Monica was another of those layers.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I keep reading here that Maxie's pregnancy was laughably long -- but is it, in show time? Didn't the show pick up where it had left off after the Covid break? What was months to us was just seconds later in Port Charles. 

Maxie’s pregnancy was confirmed by the dr last August and she gave birth at the end of May. Even without the break, it was pushing it considering she would have been a few weeks along at the minimum. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Maxie’s pregnancy was confirmed by the dr last August and she gave birth at the end of May. Even without the break, it was pushing it considering she would have been a few weeks along at the minimum. 

Yeah, it doesn't work by any timeline, even if we give them a pass on the pandemic shutdown (in that the "I feel dizzy/nauseated" scenes were going on in May 2020, before the hiatus). Time on soaps is elastic, and one day can tie up three weeks of airtime, but they had so many special-occasion days synched to the actual calendar. People were in costume for Halloween. We got a very special episode about the privilege of voting for Election Day. Christmas, New Year's, Valentine's Day. All the expected weather changes.

• Love 1
On 6/23/2021 at 1:37 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

How dare you support the patriarchy and say they're married!  They're domestic partners! 

Yeah, they don’t let us forget that..

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Good for Nina for telling Michael that if she can't talk about Nelle to Wiley, neither can he.  And LOL at the bizarrely specific age of 22 for Wiley to hear about Nelle. What are they going to do when (because it won't be if) he starts asking earlier? Are they just going to say he has to wait until he's 22? Good luck with that. 

And only now Nina realizes not telling anyone about Sonny is going to wreck her access to Wiley. And Nina, it's not up to you to decide what Sonny's life should be. Gross.

If Michael is thinking he can control all things Wiley until the kid is a legal adult (plus one year, for good measure?), he needs to take another look at the statutes— because in New York, the age of majority is 18, not 21. And even so… is he planning to block Wiley’s internet access (and access to any friends with internet access) until he’s in his twenties? Good luck with that, too.

Nina’s selfishness was on full display today. I guess her actions are only wrong if they cost her some Wiley time? Because whatever anyone may think about Carly and Michael, letting someone mourn a “dead” husband or father (I know, I know, AJ) when you know otherwise is just plain monstrous. But it’s all good, as long as poor shackled Sonny can cast off his chains and be free! Free as the wind! Free to ride into Port Charles on a pony, looking for his distant lady fair!

Oops. Better hope Nelle resurfaces soon, Nina, because she’s your last chance of having an ally. Not even Jax will back you after this.

5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It seemed like she desperately wanted Jason to tell her he's not sleeping with Britt, or if he was, it was just a light fling that's basically over now and of course she is his #1 priority.

Oh, I have no doubt that’s exactly what Carly wanted. And he may have mollified her for now, but it won’t last. This may be all the incentive she needs to push for a fake (at least, to Jason) marriage.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/20/2021 at 5:29 AM, ulkis said:

Holler!

I think they were thinking of making Chase Finn's son from day one; but for whatever reason that reneged on that. I would have preferred if he were his son but they shouldn't have bothered if this is what they were gonna do. As one of my favorite authors said:

"having tried to please both sides, succeeded, as is usual and eminently right, in pleasing neither."

ULKIS, I’m a few days behind in my reading, but thank you for the L.M. Montgomery reference! 

Edited by BlueberryJane23
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I thought when the explosion happened it was the gym where Carly & Jason were. Alas it was not meant to be. 

I had the same blissful 20 seconds of imagining a world without Carly and Jason. It did seem odd that they went through the trouble of CGI'ing an explosion (maybe someone on the production staff just took a class? Or they had to justify renewing the software license?) and not having anyone nearby to react to it. The gym looks like a warehouse. They should have blown out a fake window and flashed the stage lights instead of having Carly answer a boring phone call about it. 

• Love 1

So, aside from the adorable "Hi." "Hi." "Hi" and cute smiles between Elizabeth and Finn that had me rewinding that scene about twenty times, I also found Finn's flashback to killing Peter interesting. I like that we're seeing someone having guilt and starting to show signs of PTSD -- now that the stress and constant attention to trying to save Chase has passed -- over, you know, OMG! MURDERING SOMEONE!! Finn is a doctor. He has devoted his life to saving, healing people, and as awful and terrible as Peter is, it's about Finn's actions, not Peter's.

I'm curious to see where this goes from here.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

If Michael is thinking he can control all things Wiley until the kid is a legal adult

It's understandable , Carly still controls Michael for the most part and he's in his thirties.

While Nina is acting like an idiot, 'Mike' has no interest in finding out who he is or why he's wearing a wedding ring, or whether there are people mourning him. When the fallout comes, Nina will be blamed* because she's not a Corinthos and a wimmin but Sonny is responsible too.

* since MB is the one who is directing this storyline, I'm curious if he will go along with Nina's life being destroyed or if he'll graciously allow Sonny to suffer some consequences too.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Artsda said:

Carly's obsession with all the asking Jason about Britt was weird. 

A woman in Jason's life is competition for his attention.

12 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I mean, they belong at the hospital, but maybe the writers shouldn't have put Monica and Bobbie in this position in the first place.

I think Epiphany is the only one who was fired for genuinely no legitimate reason. (It cracked me up what a big deal they made of her being on vacation. It's not as if we see Sonya Eddy on a regular basis anyway.)

10 hours ago, Suicidy said:

Can you imagine what an entitled princess she would be in a dorm?  

I'm sure the PCU dorms have all the luxuries.

31 minutes ago, driver18 said:

Finn's flashback to killing Peter

Finn didn't really kill Peter, though—Peter fell down the stairs. Any decent lawyer could frame it as self-defense and win. I know, Finn has to have some angst because he's a doctor and first, do no harm and all of that, but come on. It's Peter August/Heinrich Faison, the evulest evul who ever evuled in Port Charles. (Until Cyrus came along.) I wish Finn leaned a tiny bit more in that direction than "OMG I'm a murderer!"

2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

* since MB is the one who is directing this storyline, I'm curious if he will go along with Nina's life being destroyed or if he'll graciously allow Sonny to suffer some consequences too.

Sonny will allow a day or two of everyone being mad, and then it will be everyone else's fault for not looking hard enough for him. He was right there under their noses in Nixon Falls! And of course, Nina is entirely at fault.

• Love 3

Epiphany wasn't fired though, she was moved to administration and out of direct patient care. Supposedly this is the awfulest thing that could happen to her becuz she lurves helping patients so much but given her mob-worshipping biases, I cheered when Cyrus did it.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Epiphany wasn't fired though, she was moved to administration and out of direct patient care. Supposedly this is the awfulest thing that could happen to her becuz she lurves helping patients so much but given her mob-worshipping biases, I cheered when Cyrus did it.

Retcon City, Thy Name Is The FAKAKTA General Hospital.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Retcon City, Thy Name Is The FAKAKTA General Hospital.

Not a retcon.  Monica said she'd be returned to her position, insinuating prior position.  Elizabeth even noted Epiphany was using some of her vacation days at the moment.

• Love 2
(edited)
20 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The show in the 90s wasn't terrible at it. I remember when Tracy returned and thought Justus was servant and the family and when she was corrected that Justus was family, he openly mocked her for her assumption. 

I won't buy any real "woke" story thread unless the big, Jason size elephant in the room is addressed. 

Jason choose to be a criminal. Materialistically and status-wise, it wasn't a need of Jason to be in the mob (let alone a hitman). He had a trust fund. Though the Qs were weird and expected too much of Jason "returning to normal," he wasn't banished in the way that Tracy was, (so her being a mob mole was more believable).  If Jason loses his criminal empire tomorrow, he still has financial options if he willing to swallow a quarter of his pride. Contrast that BIPOC, a lot that don't many  options outside of crime. 

As for Sonny, with grooming becoming more addressed, Sonny needs to be called out as a groomer. First of Karen, then Stone, and then Jason, who gave him access to the more easily lead members of his family. 

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/23/2021 at 4:37 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

How dare you support the patriarchy and say they're married!  They're domestic partners! 

Isn't it still "supporting the patriarchy" to be domestic partners because you still have to file paperwork (in New York State at least) with the state or local jurisdiction and you have at least some of the benefits of marriage? (Yes, I looked it up). Molly and TJ would have been more true to their (or Molly's) anti-patriarchal beliefs if they had just lived together or Molly had just foresworn men altogether and shacked up with a woman

• Love 3
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Epiphany wasn't fired though, she was moved to administration and out of direct patient care.

Oh, right. But it was meant as punishment, and she hadn't done anything remotely illegal the way Bobbie and Monica had.

30 minutes ago, DanaK said:

Molly and TJ would have been more true to their (or Molly's) anti-patriarchal beliefs if they had just lived together

The domestic partnership was a compromise because Molly doesn't believe in marriage and TJ does. It was a level of commitment they could both agree to.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Oh, right. But it was meant as punishment, and she hadn't done anything remotely illegal the way Bobbie and Monica had.

She helped fake Taggert’s death but I can’t remember if Jordan did that through legal means or if she just worked with the local mobster services