Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: What is our goal with this dialogue?

We aim to foster a kinder, more inclusive community. Suggesting extreme actions, even against fictional characters, detracts from this objective. Please focus on constructive and respectful discussions. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Daisy said:

For example this would be a great storyline. Sonny comes back, gains his memory - and realized he's repulsed by a lot of his old life. (Not so much Jason Quartermaine to Jason Morgan - but really just more.... well sort of like Ava. Be grey. You aren't super mobster - but you're not lily white either) i think that would open up a lot of storyline potential because Jason said he shows remorse (ahuh), for what he does and Carly is hot for the buisness so switching the dynamic could be good

I don't know that I'd buy any kind of moral awakening for Sonny at this point, tbh. What might work is Sonny, after getting a taste of a "simpler" life as Mike, acknowledges that he's feeling his age and doesn't want to spend the rest of his life constantly fighting to hold onto his power. But I don't think MB and his ego would appreciate it, nor do I think Sonny's hardcore fanbase, or the show itself, being allergic to any permanent change to the status quo, would be amenable.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, Melgaypet said:

I don't know that I'd buy any kind of moral awakening for Sonny at this point, tbh. What might work is Sonny, after getting a taste of a "simpler" life as Mike, acknowledges that he's feeling his age and doesn't want to spend the rest of his life constantly fighting to hold onto his power. But I don't think MB and his ego would appreciate it, nor do I think Sonny's hardcore fanbase, or the show itself, being allergic to any permanent change to the status quo, would be amenable.

I don’t buy any kind of redemption or “awakening” for Mooby. Even as an amnesiac, he knows all and everyone should listen to him. 

I also don’t believe that Jason would fight him for da bidnez, let alone team up with Cujo who know JACK SHIT and only loves the power and to lord it over people.

I would love nothing more to have these assholes shoved to the background and back burner and focus on other, better characters and undo the massacre of the, yes, legacy characters at the cost of waste of spaces like Heinrik.

I’m pretty sure after that last scene we got of a very much alive Holly over a year ago, Frank and the minions have forgotten all about that and we’ll never know if she escaped.

And I also want a horsie.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Michael/Willow are getting the type of writing that a pairing gets when the show doesn’t know what to right for them as a couple. They spent months dancing around their feelings now a sort of forced separation. Normally I would think that they are being set up to blow up once they are finally free and clear to be together but I don’t think they want fo leave Michael single so I don’t know where this is going. They’ve already been through all of the major couple moments- ILUs, Michael wanted to move in before Chase got sick, their wedding. I don’t know if they’ll have Willow get pregnant this soon because it would overshadow their perfect kid Wiley. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

Michael/Willow are getting the type of writing that a pairing gets when the show doesn’t know what to right for them as a couple. They spent months dancing around their feelings now a sort of forced separation. Normally I would think that they are being set up to blow up once they are finally free and clear to be together but I don’t think they want fo leave Michael single so I don’t know where this is going. They’ve already been through all of the major couple moments- ILUs, Michael wanted to move in before Chase got sick, their wedding. I don’t know if they’ll have Willow get pregnant this soon because it would overshadow their perfect kid Wiley. 

well wiley needs an aj sibling so..

• LOL 2
On 6/19/2021 at 4:37 PM, YaddaYadda said:

I find that the show did Willow a huge disservice. And this has nothing to do with Chase or how much I hate the Willow/Michael pairing and how I think both characters are absolute trash because they really are.

Willow was brought into a cult by her own mother. Her father was either killed by Shiloh because he was trying to get his daughter out or committed suicide (He was murdered IIRC, but I really don't), Shiloh sexually abused her and raped her. She became pregnant. She managed to get away from Shiloh, she was alone and pregnant, she gave up her child for adoption. Then she met Michael and Chase. Chase beat Michael to the punch and asked Willow out before stinky dish rag could grow a pair and do it. 

The girl had zero breaks between the cult and her relationship with Chase.

Then we have the whole Wylie debacle, where she goes from Chase to Michael without skipping a beat. She doesn't get to mourn the child she lost. She doesn't get away from Wylie even though that's what she wanted to do. She marries Michael because she was essentially pressured into it. All for Wylie. Must protect Wylie at all cost. 

Willow is one of those people who will say what they think someone wants to hear from them. In a lot of ways, it feels like she never left the cult. She's just part of a different one now. 

Anyway . . .

Since I missed all the cult stuff,  this actually gives me a different perspective on Willow. If she ends up staying long term I look forward to the writers exploring this aspect of her life. 

In a way, she reminds me of a young Laura. 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, tessaray said:

Since I missed all the cult stuff,  this actually gives me a different perspective on Willow. If she ends up staying long term I look forward to the writers exploring this aspect of her life. 

In a way, she reminds me of a young Laura. 

I don’t think Willow’s past and cult background will be acknowledged in the future. It makes her actions easy to explain but I don’t believe that’s how we’re supposed to see her. In a way, her messy upbringing is being ignored to make her more bland and “well adjusted” just like Michael. A common complaint about him is no one can understand how he became so boring. 

Edited by ffwbe
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I don’t think Willow’s past and cult background will be acknowledged in the future. It makes her actions easy to explain but I don’t believe that’s how we’re supposed to see her. In a way, her messy upbringing is being ignored to make her more bland and “well adjusted” just like Michael. A common complaint about him is no one can understand how he became so boring. 

probably all the exciting stuff got shot out of his head. 

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, tessaray said:

I doubt that. The writers are not interested in that sort of storytelling that could shockingly make their characters more layered and interesting. 

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

She "disappeared" for her own safety when Willow thought she might be a target for Cyrus.

And I think the actress got a job/part and went to go filming in Canada. It should be over, so they can always bring her back. Or recast.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Cam and Elizabeth apologizing to Jason for daring to believe that the professional murder-for-hire found over Franco's body was the one to murder him was disgusting, like I knew it would be.

In another note related to that, I hope Joss falls flat on her face in college and her classmates make it clear that she isn't as important as she thinks she is. I hope she has classmates that hate what Jason and Sonny stand for and won't back down and won't let her forget it. 

In what parallel universe would Ava willingly give Avery back to Carly? She knows perfectly well that Carly won't ever give her back.

• Love 12
(edited)

Finn yelling was very melodramatic when he was reviving Chase.

Could Willow's "come back to me" have sounded any less enthusiastic, when Finn told her to talk to him? She looked like Finn had betrayed her, and she and Michael both looked pretty upset at the news that he's not going to die.  They are SO selfish and gross!! But then Willow looked generally relieved, even happy, when Elizabeth spoke to her and Michael personally, so I'm confused as to what the writers and directors are going for here. 

UGHHH at Cameron and then Elizabeth falling all over themselves to apologize to Jason, and Cam being oh-so-grateful to Jason for easily accepting because he was suffering over the loss of  Franco and "you owned your mistake."  Cam, you see how "your friend" Joss is acting (like her mother), walk away from her now. The only bright spot was Cam's hair is looking much better now.

Best parts of the show: BL's joy (and leaning on Valentin in relief) that Chase will live, the tearful and joyful Elizabeth-Finn hug, the Gregory-Jackie hug, and Maxie alone talking to sweet little Bailey's face in the Q mansion (bringing the onesie gift was a good cover). 

Hey Carly, in case you were wondering, Ava's request is what real, unselfish parental love looks like. She wants to protect Avery above all else.  Carly's shocked face shows it would never occur to her to put any of her kids' safety above her own desires.  I liked the Dante/Avery high five moment, that was sweet.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 12
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

But then Willow looked generally relieved, even happy, when Elizabeth spoke to her and Michael personally, so I'm confused as to what the writers and directors are going for here. 

I didn't get a chance to see the entire show today, but I did see Chase was talking to Willow about having a real wedding reception. And like you, I thought I saw a genuine smile on her face. I was like, "Wow. This is the first real smile I've seen from Willow to Chase since this thing started." But, I was also confused. LOL! I have no idea what the directors/actress have been going for in her scenes w/Chase. If they wanted her to look like she didn't like Chase, let alone love him like a friend, they succeeded. Maybe they've decided to pull back on that? Who knows?  I don't see Willow dumping Chase anytime soon so I guess Chase is just stuck for the time being. Oh well . . . as long as Millow are miserable, I'll be happy! 

I did see Ava asking Carly to take in Avery, and you're right about Carly. She would never do that if the situations were reversed. She's so awful! I muted her and her brat so I have no idea what they discussed. I cannot stand She-Beast or She-Beast, Jr. 

I, unfortunately, did catch a bit of Cameron apologizing to Jason. Ugh! Cameron didn't need to apologize to Jason. And Jason said something about "you took responsibility." ARGH!! Took responsibility?!?! They really act like Cameron was wrong to believe a hitman and paid assassin killed someone. It's beyond disgusting. 

And, I did catch a little bit of Josslyn saying she forgave Cameron. Hahahaha! Forgive him? For what? I absolutely despise Josslyn. Everything about her is awful. I thought the actress was going to college. I did not miss her on screen. And if all Cameron is going to be doing is begging this witch for forgiveness and licking her boots, he can stay off my screen too. I just can't! 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 9

Maxie needs to tell Dante whete her baby isbefore he charges her with wasting police resources. He can still pretend that he's looking for Louise while not actually looking for her.

Speaking of Dante, is Carly rubbing off on him? It was gross how dismissive he was of Ava and Nik worried that Ryan is going after them.

I didn't mind the Cameron/Jason scene that much because for Jason it's not a big deal. Liz blaming herself for it, just no.

On the other hand, Joss demanding blood from Cameron and then threatening that their friendship would end now that they are in college was gross. I wish that the actress would go away to college because I hate the character so much now.

21 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

In what parallel universe would Ava willingly give Avery back to Carly? She knows perfectly well that Carly won't ever give her back.

I think that for us it was to show how much Ava loves Avery, that she would do anything to protect her.

For Carly lovers it was to show how wonderful Carly is, that even Ava knows that Carly is The Boss and will keep Avery safe.

• Love 4

What the holy hell was Sam wearing?

Also  Willow's dress so inappropriate for even a fake wedding. If you want blue it should be more the colour of Britt's dress the other day

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

UGHHH at Cameron and then Elizabeth falling all over themselves to apologize to Jason, and Cam being oh-so-grateful to Jason for easily accepting because he was suffering over the loss of  Franco and "you owned your mistake."  Cam, you see how "your friend" Joss is acting (like her mother), walk away from her now. The only bright spot was Cam's hair is looking much better now.

It's like totally unneccesary as Jason doesn't care or need for either of them to apologize. Now I know that Liz ended the show with saying that she needed to tell Jason about Peter but we all know it won't be about him being dead. But she should totally tell him. One, he could make the body disappear. Two, the news could be secretly spread on who needs to know: Maxie and Anna. It would stop all investigations and alleviate all fears.

On Joss front, she thinks highly of her volleyball skills because she told Carly that she would pull up PCU ranking/status that her waitlisted school will fell sorry that they waitlisted her.

I admit that I love Carly but I did chuckle with Ava giving her Avery because I know what the reaction would be online about that. However for a story standpoint, I think it was necessary to up the stakes between Ava and Nikolas. Right now they are in love and together. This is going to be their first real test because unlike Nikolas and Spencer's request, Ava will be torn over him and Avery.

So far Chase's parents and Finn think that Willow loves Chase as does Liz. So they will make Willow/Michael feel like crappier people not knowing how crappy they have been acting with their secret love. I wonder how they are going to work the idea of Chase living in the gatehouse with Willow rather than at his place. Oh I forget because of Wylie.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, nilyank said:

On Joss front, she thinks highly of her volleyball skills because she told Carly that she would pull up PCU ranking/status that her waitlisted school will fell sorry that they waitlisted her.

Joss still doesn't know what waitlisted means lol dumb bunny. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Am I supposed to believe that Carly makes cookies? ...and that people actually eat them? I froze the frame to look in her fridge and there is no actual food in there. Just condiments and drinks. 

• LOL 6

Dante is acting like a total asshole to Nik and Ava.  I don't care what Corinthii Grudge he has against either of them, if he can't do his fucking job then he shouldn't be a cop.  Dismissing their very real concerns over a serial killer?  I thought he was better than that.

Speaking of Corinthii, Michael had the mildly annoyed look of a man being told his DoorDash order was delayed, not that his supposed best friend was GOING TO LIVE.  What a douche.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
37 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I froze the frame to look in her fridge and there is no actual food in there. Just condiments and drinks. 

I've reached a new level of depression at having something in common with Carly.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Am I supposed to believe that Carly makes cookies? ...and that people actually eat them? I froze the frame to look in her fridge and there is no actual food in there. Just condiments and drinks. 

Sure she makes cookies. She is so good at it she can do it wearing a sweater with long bell sleeves and not get any batter on them or have them catch fire when she reaches into the oven. 😄🍪

When I first saw that sweater I liked it. Now I really hate it. 😣

• LOL 4

Not sure how Avery is supposed to be safer with Carly than Ava. Didn’t they just talk about things being uneasy on the mob front during Friday’s episode?

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TVbitch said:

Of course she can. Even a dumb dumb like Carly can buy cookie dough, cut it up and stick it in the oven. We know her favorite isles in the grocery store aren't the veggies and fruit ones. 

• Love 2

Willow is just the WORST. I know that if Chase was my husband and had just flatlined, but the doctors managed to get a heartbeat, I’d be cupping his face, tearfully threatening him to come back, and telling him how much I loved him and needed him.

Oh, wait. I forgot. She’s in twuuuu wuuuuuv with the WSLS, so can’t even muster any semblance of emotion. Just a robotic repetition of what Finn told her to say.

• Love 5

When Willow couldn't muster any authentic encouragement for Chase to not die, all I could think of was when Willie Wonka couldn't care less if Mike Teevee went into the miniaturizing machine! 

image.png.7f46071419f8b95d5cc58b19d38a29c4.png

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, lala2 said:

I, unfortunately, did catch a bit of Cameron apologizing to Jason. Ugh! Cameron didn't need to apologize to Jason. And Jason said something about "you took responsibility." ARGH!!

I wish Jason had been a bit warmer with Cam. Jason knew exactly why Cam blamed him. Jason can take that stuff, and he knows Cam has had a really crappy year. Cut the guy some slack.

Poor Cam.  Joss can't even say that if Jason is okay with things so is she. I can't believe something like this is what Joss chooses to end their friendship on. Cam is better off without her, but eesh. What a horrible person. She's so Carly's daughter.

LOL at Michael's face when Willow said Chase hadn't died. Ha! I hope Michael chokes on that.

I wonder how long it will take someone to tell Chase that Finn isn't his bio dad. I'm sure Chase won't flatline when he hears that news. Watch and learn, Michael and Willow.

Another LOL at Avery's talking bear having Ryan's voice. This is soapy fun, though I don't want it to drag out too long.

I figured Elizabeth would tell Jason the truth about Peter. Jason wouldn't judge her, and he wanted Peter dead as much as the next person. He can also get rid of the body so no one would find it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

When Joss said that if she lived in residence at PCU it would be just Carly and Donna at the house, she forgot about the nanny who looks after Donna 24/7 or all the mob guards not to mention Jason who is apparently living there now. It's like Grand Central station.

Speaking of hair, I wish Jackie would get hers cut or at least trimmed evenly. That boho style makes me think of a grunge rocker rather than a professional, respected journalist .

• Love 2

I thought dorms were for students who don't live in the same city where they're attending college?  Anyhoo, I doubt they'd be up to Joss's standards.  No maid?  Cafeteria food?  Shared washrooms?

Is Jordan even aware that Chase is sick?

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

I thought dorms were for students who don't live in the same city where they're attending college?  Anyhoo, I doubt they'd be up to Joss's standards.  No maid?  Cafeteria food?  Shared washrooms?

Is Jordan even aware that Chase is sick?

I think it depends on the school. At my college, there were a ton of local students who stayed in dorms for the first year but in the city I live in now, it’s pretty rare. I guess it depends on the college atmosphere, ability to meet people, attend parties. However, Joss seems like the type to ask her parents to buy/rent her a fancy condo close to campus. She’d want the freedom but wouldn’t want to be confined to a tiny dorm room. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, ffwbe said:

I think it depends on the school. At my college, there were a ton of local students who stayed in dorms for the first year but in the city I live in now, it’s pretty rare. I guess it depends on the college atmosphere, ability to meet people, attend parties. However, Joss seems like the type to ask her parents to buy/rent her a fancy condo close to campus. She’d want the freedom but wouldn’t want to be confined to a tiny dorm room. 

I actually thought that Joss was going to tell Carly that she want to get her own apartment and share with Trina. Not to stay at home.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Dante is acting like a total asshole to Nik and Ava.  I don't care what Corinthii Grudge he has against either of them, if he can't do his fucking job then he shouldn't be a cop.  Dismissing their very real concerns over a serial killer?  I thought he was better than that.

he isn't dismissing them; if he were he wouldn't  have told them to leave Spoon Island. But he knows Ryan is incapacitated and that is what he is dismissing.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

Ugh the self-righteousness of Carly, Joss and Jason 😡 can we send them all to Nixon Falls?

I agree that Willow’s acting choices are odd.  It’s almost as if she has genuine respect for Chase IRL but then remembers periodically that she’s supposed to be in love with someone else, and switches to the Joey Tribbiani smell-the-fart method ASAP.

The whole time Maxie was talking to Louise, I thought there would be a baby monitor in the crib and a quick cut to Olivia in the next room looking horrified.

Oh, and - I didn’t recognize Ryan’s voice at first so I thought that bear speaking in a deep grown-man voice was 😂 

• Love 2

Man, Joss was insufferable today. Imagine if Trina pulled that crap on Joss. Trina likes and admires Ava, sees her as a mentor. What if she told Joss that their continued friendship was predicated on Joss being respectful of Ava? Of agreeing with Trina when she talks about how awesome Ava is?

Because basically what Joss is mad about is the fact that Cam didn't change his opinion of Jason because she told him to. 

Why are the writers competing to see which of Carly's kids are the worst?  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, ciarra said:

I thought dorms were for students who don't live in the same city where they're attending college? 

Generally, yes, but any student can pay to live in a dorm. When I was in college, my roommate lived fairly close to campus, but when she and her family costed it out, living in  a dorm was not much more than driving to campus every day, with the added benefit of no travel time. 

And Carly wants Joss to have the whole college experience. (but she won't if she still has bodyguards . . . )

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

The need for bodyguards seems to wax and wane by the changing storylines, although if a mob war is brewing the need should go up. I'd love to see how Joss' profs react to her bodyguards.

Carly is right that you get a fuller experience living in residence, mostly because  of the social activities. (I wished that I could have but couldn't afford it.) One summer I worked for the Dean of Residence at one of the colleges including helping assign housing. Out of town students got first dibs on residence rooms because they couldn't commute and what remained was offered based on marks with better students offered rooms first.

Horrors, what if Joss was put on the wait list? Carly and Jax would probably buy her a condo.

10 hours ago, nilyank said:

I actually thought that Joss was going to tell Carly that she want to get her own apartment and share with Trina. Not to stay at home.

Same here. I have a hard time seeing Joss share a floor bathroom.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, rur said:

And Carly wants Joss to have the whole college experience. (but she won't if she still has bodyguards . . . )

Yeah.  I'm trying to picture my college experience with bodyguards following me around. I feel like the other kids would have avoided me.  LOL.  And not that this would probably be the case at any college today, but men weren't allowed in the girls' dorm past midnight and before 9 a.m. (I think, it's been a while). So I would have to have a female body guard.

• Love 2

Re bodyguards, politician’s kids have them. At least at the highest levels of office. The Bush girls certainly  didn’t seem to suffer from the presence of secret service agents. And everyone who lives in or around PC likely knows who Joss’ stepfather was, so I’m not sure how much of an issue it would be. 

of course this is Joss we’re talking about so I’m sure she’ll make certain everyone knows and will probably threaten them if they don’t kiss her ring…🙄

• Love 2

I really don’t give any figgedity bluedilly fucks about where MiniSheBeast is going to live and how she’ll manage it. I want Trina and Cam to have the same classes, start dating  and freeze this twat out.

Hopefully Finn and Gonzo won’t hem and haw over telling Chase that Gonzo is his father after all.

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Hopefully Finn and Gonzo won’t hem and haw over telling Chase that Gonzo is his father after all.

I think they’ll tell him today. Or at least this week.

11 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I think they’ll tell him today. Or at least this week.

There is no need for them to delay. Chase wants Gregory to be his dad and Finn as his brother. At most, he would be upset with Cyrus for making a difficult situation much worse than it had to be.

Cue...Willow and the ridiculous situation that they are in.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

There is no need for them to delay. Chase wants Gregory to be his dad and Finn as his brother. At most, he would be upset with Cyrus for making a difficult situation much worse than it had to be.

Cue...Willow and the ridiculous situation that they are in.

Willow: I can't break up with Chase now. He just found out the man he grew up thinking was his dad, is actually his dad. 

Michael: *woeful "why does this keep happening to me face?" intensifies* 

Edited by absnow54
  • LOL 10
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

think they’ll tell him today. Or at least this week.

It was done today.  Finn couldnt spit it out so he left it to Gregory to do it.  Finn was upset and told Liz that even though it had only been a short time, he had enjoyed being Chase's dad and felt he was losing something.  She reassured him, then later Gregory also commiserated and they hugged it out.  

Also today, Valentin and Anna are heading to Pautuk to look up clues about the dead nurse and where Peter and the baby might be.  Brook Lynn and Maxie look WORRIED!!!

Ava and Nik broke up becuase she's putting Avery's safety above all else despite him trying to fight for them.  

Jason checked out Curtis' bar and was all, 'shit happens with a new business' and Curtis questioned whether Jason was offereing protection but Jason just claimed  he was offering friendship.

Liz told Jason that Peter is GONE but not to ask for details.  He understood what that meant and told her he'd clean up anything that needed to be cleaned up.  

• Love 5