Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion II: The TFGH

Culture Check: How can we discuss a character's or actor's appearance without objectifying them? How can we express likes or dislikes and still respect an individual's humanity or be mindful that a character represents a person someone else might relate to or identify with?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Still liking Britt and Jason. Maybe it's just nice to see him emote even a little after looking constipated any time he was in a scene with KeMo.

Speaking of, how painful were the ~fun softball scenes between her and DZ?  Talk about negative chemistry.  They're trying way too hard with this animosity spin--especially on Sam's part.  She's the one who acted like an asshole to him and yet she's acting like the one in the right?  Typical, but stupid.

Kinda like Doc Franco.  At least he's not a mobster.  So far.

Still haven't recovered from Smike kissing Nina.  No one needed to see that.

Line of the last two days: "Who doesn't love cheese?"  Valentin FTW!

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 15

This might not be a popular opinion but every part that Roger Howarth plays just ends up being another version of Todd.  He’s a one-note actor and a very overrated actor.  I don’t know why GH continues to jump through hoops to keep this man employed.

• Love 10

Oh I could throw up  with  that Nina and sonny kiss. He will probably  get Nina pregnant.

Is Roger Howarth and Michael Easton on contract for life with gh? They come back as four or five different  characters. 

Does every woman on this show have to give birth in the woods?

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, plotpointer said:

This might not be a popular opinion but every part that Roger Howarth plays just ends up being another version of Todd.

I would say another version of Roger Howarth. His phoned in quirky performance is the worst version of Todd (and every other character he’s played throughout his career)

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ljr said:

Oh I could throw up  with  that Nina and sonny kiss. He will probably  get Nina pregnan

That is his specialty.  He has the supersperm that will cure any kind of infertility problem.

• LOL 3
(edited)
54 minutes ago, ljr said:

For sure. Especially the ones with prior medical conditions.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:
1 hour ago, ljr said:

For sure. Especially the ones with prior medical conditions.

Characters who have given birth in the woods/outside/side of the road in the last 7 years:

Maxie - twice

Sabrina

Sam

Nelle

So ridiculous.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I know I am a super fan when it comes to Roger. What can I say? His portrayal of Todd Manning is what got me into soap operas. I loved Todd. I followed him from OLTL to ATWT. I had nvever watched ATWT before, but I wanted to see him. I ended up loving his Paul Ryan. I was always a sporadic watcher of GH so I was happy when he came on as Todd, and I embraced his Franco. I love the guy. I do.  

I also like to believe I can be objective. And I know everyone has his/her own opinion, but I never undertand this idea that he's always playing Todd. In MY opinion, Franco and Paul Ryan were nothing like Todd. Maybe it's just me but Todd is the darkest character of the three he's played so far. The guy never smiled or laughed. He was never really happy. Todd was dour, depressed, and moody. He was not free w/his love except w/his daughter. He had some quirks but nothing like Franco. Paul Ryan had no quirks, IMO. I'll have to see about this Austin guy, but Paul Ryan was pretty straight-laced. Todd was a ball of issues! Granted, Todd wasa bit more loose when Roger returned the last time and definitely when he came to GH, but I still feel Franco was different from Todd. 

I don't see Todd in any of the characters he's played since. When ppl say that, I always go "huh" b/c I just don't see it. In that ways were Todd and Franco similiar?!?! Again, maybe it's the super fan in me, but I don't see it. 

______________________________________--

@GHScorpiosRule - Nina definitely should be, but this is Sonny we're talking about. His sperm is magic, and I could see him impregnanting Nina. LOL! He just knocked up Carly who should also be past her child-birthing years, so it could happen. 

Edited by lala2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Characters who have given birth in the woods/outside/side of the road in the last 7 years:

Maxie - twice

Sabrina

Sam

Nelle

So ridiculous.

Actually, just the other day I asked my mom a hypothetical question that started "if I were 9 months pregnant and I decided to take a hike 20 miles out into the woods.." and my mom had the audacity to interrupt to ask who would do such a thing and why? I wish I had read this post before my question.  I would have had inspiration for my answer in the form of "soap character for reasons."

• LOL 7
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

Hey kids, remember me? I have been on the barge mostly for about...the last year and a half except some small scenes sprinkled here and there. Once I heard about Jason and Britt kissing, I decided to check back in.

This is so me. I loathe Jason, I despise him. Cheered like I won the grand lottery when he went into the harbor and cursed like a sailor when they brought him back. But, this is working for me. They have major chemistry. I can't believe I'm saying that with a scene with him in it. But as I've been WFH for the past year plus, I turned it on to watch live.

The stuff with Maxie yesterday was super soapy. "You'll never get my baby, bitch!" Hah, classic. But really, RH is a doctor now? Please don't tell me he's all quirky just like Finn. Who I also despise because every woman he's paired with becomes instantly boring.

Michael/Willow/Chase - kill it with fire.

This Nixon Falls stuff is bad, y'all. Like really really really bad. No wonder I was on the barge if this is what they've been showing.

Hell, there hasn't been decent smut on this show since Nik and Hayden were banging like bunnies. Don't come at me, either. You know it's true lol.

Good to be back around these parts. Miss this snark something fierce.

Just wanted to say I'm really glad you're back 💟 I do remember enjoying your posts and I did notice you weren't around.

I'm more of a lurker here because yes, the snark is something that gives me life and this forum is much better than the show. 

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Setting aside her infertility issues, isn't Nina past child-bearing years? 

I know, I know, it's a SOAP! While I know that men as old as 80 can still have the sperm to impregnate women, but still.

Irrelevant.  Sonny has super sperm.  If anyone can cure Nina of her baronness, it's Sonny and his mighty man parts.

I have to go vomit now.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
22 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

I didn't say it was a carbon copy, just that it reminded me of them. Yes, Britt is an independent doctor and she didn't need him "from the start" (though to me that's debatable since they've barely begun as it is so right now is their start and Britt needs him.) Jason is acting the same around her that he did with Sam. Sam was at the time able to stand up to him and also be his ride or die chick, just like Britt is doing now (I know Sam and Britt's motivations are different.) Given Britt's own romantic history (faking a pregnancy - or rather stealing a patient's embryo - to keep Patrick, whatever it was the got her put in jail when she was with Nikolas) I can see her becoming just as clingy as Sam became. I'm going to guess that Jason will be the only one who knows about her diagnosis and she'll need to him to help her just like Robin with her HIV and Sam with her pregnancy.

Their storyline, and Sam being mad that Jason wouldn't commit to more family time, began during fall 2020.  It's been a slow-burn progression. Jason spent Valentine's Day with Britt, handing out goodie bags to kids in the hospital. 

What I mean by "from the start" is that the Sam and Jason story started with Jason taking pregnant Sam in, because she had no where to go and he wanted Sonny and Carly to get back together. I don't deny that Sam stood up to him at various times, but she was highly dependent on him. Years later when he pointed out she had a family now consisting of Alexis and her little sisters, Sam's reaction was that they weren't enough reason for her to stay - implying that her life was empty and meaningless without their relationship.

I get the impression that Jason admires/respects Britt in ways because of qualities, skills and education that Sam totally lacks.

21 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

This also isn't the first time Jason has been written as vulnerable.

No, but it's the first time I can ever recall him saying he never stopped to question whether something was right, or flat out said he's not proud that he has skills with a gun. It makes me wonder if the writers have thoughts about Jason being more than "Stone Cold."

20 hours ago, Scrapple said:

He knows in his sad little weak man heart, and his pathetic passive aggressive manipulation of Will is just sad and is passively "making me thirsty ( come on Seinfeld my people)" ... Is it just me or ??

Huh?? Who's Will???

18 hours ago, Hater said:

Roger plays everything the same.  

Well, that weird accent he did when Franco was supposed to be "Drew" was not the same....but I have NO CLUE what he was going for.  All I can think is that he believes he's showing range as an actor when he's actually NOT.

18 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I have to admit I thought Liason back in the day were extremely hot. Maybe because Steve and Becky were/are both very attractive people but it really worked for me. I love Kimberly McCoulogh but I wouldn’t ever consider her sexy, more just cute. Even though in the beginning I did really love Jason/Robin I wouldn’t ever call them a hot couple. 

Yes they were hot, but I just never compared them to Robin and Jason because Robin was still a teenager (or maybe she was 20?) when she and Jason fell in love whereas Jason and Elizabeth were sexually experienced adults at the time of the NOP. Elizabeth was a mom of a toddler at that point.

16 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I think Nurse "Chloe" will be the sneakered figure we see run down the stairs to Headwound Peter, but I'm assuming we won't know who killed him (fingers crossed) for some time. 

I don't think so because "Chloe" is wearing white sneakers in her scenes with Maxie. 

5 hours ago, ljr said:

Thankfully Elizabeth has been spared, but her youngest is almost a tween now.

I am rolling my eyes that baby Lou has pristine skin with not a drop of visible blood. Some of you called it that "Chloe" would knock out Dr "Austin." I don't really buy that minutes after giving birth, Maxie would have the strength to kick out her knee/knock her down. Of course no signs of blood on her body or dress as she gets up and runs. That nurse sounds as deranged as Peter. Good quick thinking when she found whatever that was.

Of course Jason shows up just in time to rescue Spinelli and shoot multiple gunmen, including Cyrus (with Nikolas providing a momentary distraction so Jason could get the upper hand.) I'm laughing though that Dante shot the surviving gunman and caught Jason, Carly, Spinelli and the other minions with guns. Jason's "damn it" face, haha. Dante taunting both Carly and Jason about two incidents and that Cyrus got away from Jason, as he makes Jason hand over the gun and then arrests him, is GOLD. Also GOLD, Carly crying she's calling Diane, as Jason is getting arrested. 

WHY is Sasha telling the police that she is pregnant with Brando's kid, in the middle of the hospital? Anyone could hear her. So much for "protect Brando/keep the news quiet." 

Portia is not subtle, flirting with Curtis and venting about being upset seeing Gladys shot due to mob violence/worrying about Trina.  Curtis squeezing her hand and then the awkward look is eye-roll worthy.

Anna, you can't even offer Elizabeth a half-assed apology to her face? 

Shut UP, Michael and Willow.  Especially Shut up Willow. You are not Chase's fiance, you don't get to demand info from Finn.

The DC Metro area lost about 10 minutes to a weather report, but Maxie succeeded so that the nurse fell through the wood planks and down, and she used the burner phone "Chloe" dropped to call BL for help and "pinged" where she is. In the preview for June 1, BL shows up to rescue Maxie. 

I knew as soon as Portia went home alone , that Cyrus was there.  Shouldn't she know enough as an adult that if your door is open, the lights are out and you see blood droplets, you don't go inside - you call the police?!!

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Huh?? Who's Will???

I think the poster means Willow.

10 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Yes they were hot, but I just never compared them to Robin and Jason because Robin was still a teenager (or maybe she was 20?)

Robin would have been about 18 or 19. So yeah, still a teenager.

12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Anna, you can't even offer Elizabeth a half-assed apology to her face? 

Huh? What Happened?

12 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Shut UP, Michael and Willow.  Especially Shut up Willow. You are not Chase's fiance, you don't get to demand info from Finn.

Good LORD.

(edited)

I love Chase, but I never understood his insistence on leaving the hospital. He almost died THREE times while at the hospital. He's not a stupid guy. I would think he'd want to remain in the hospital to figure out what's wrong w/him. How many time does he have to almost die before he decides being in the hospital is probably for the best?!?!?  He left for a few hours and is right back at the hospital?! Come on, Chase! That Q mansion stuff was awful, so I hope he just remains in the hospital. 

They also need to write for him more rather than solely using him as Millow angst. Yes, he's said he thinks his brother/dad is lying to him about his condition, but if we must see him w/Willow, why not show him disclosing to her his fear that he's dying or that he will be forever hospitalized or something.  I don't know. As a Chase fan, I just wish this poisoning story was more about him than Millow and Finn. We don't get to see Chase w/his parents or having any of his co-workers/friends visit him. It's just Millow there, waiting for him to die so they can be together and Finn. I hope Chase gets freed from this "triangle" soon. I'm over it. 

My viewing was interrupted for a tornado warning (I'm in the DMV), but I was happy to see Maxie thinking of a plan, and I later saw it worked, so that's good. I like seeing women saving themselves. If Dr. Austin is headed to PC, I wonder how Maxie is gonna get away w/this "miscarriage" lie. He knows she gave birth to a healthy baby so that will be interesting. 

The shootout was entertaining. I assumed Jason would show up to save the day so I wasn't surprised he did. I liked that Dante shot that one guy. 

Love Nava. Always. They don't get enough screentime! 

I hate Millow. Nothing more to say there. 

I like that Anna didn't give Liz an apology. What can she say at this point? She tried to have faith in her "son," and she made the wrong bet. People are going to understand and forgive her or they aren't. There's not much more she can do.  

Edited by lala2
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, lala2 said:

I hate Millow. Nothing more to say there. 

You mean you're not into their martyrdom at the altar of poor sick dying Chase?

Those two can go suck on a cucumber. I am so tired of Willow's simpering and Michael's see, he's totes the bestest person around.

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Huh? What Happened?

Anna walked in on Elizabeth and Finn having a conversation; he was expressing fear that he won't be able to save Chase.

Elizabeth spoke about things going this far with Peter, that Chase's life is in danger and Franco is dead because of Peter being enabled, covered for, etc.  all this time and Anna's response was to basically shrug her off and say we have to deal with where we are now. Finn, see I went to Ireland and was able to get you Sean Donely's files. 

(I wanted Elizabeth to say you know, my son Jake misses both his Uncle Drew and Franco, both dead because of Peter).

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

You mean you're not into their martyrdom at the altar of poor sick dying Chase?

Those two can go suck on a cucumber. I am so tired of Willow's simpering and Michael's see, he's totes the bestest person around.

But they had such fun making a pizza together !  Michael said so. 🤮

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Of course Jason shows up just in time to rescue Spinelli and shoot multiple gunmen, including Cyrus (with Nikolas providing a momentary distraction so Jason could get the upper hand.) I'm laughing though that Dante shot the surviving gunman and caught Jason, Carly, Spinelli and the other minions with guns. Jason's "damn it" face, haha. Dante taunting both Carly and Jason about two incidents and that Cyrus got away from Jason, as he makes Jason hand over the gun and then arrests him, is GOLD. Also GOLD, Carly crying she's calling Diane, as Jason is getting arrested. 

Dante looked down right scary when he first walked in, I thought maybe he was flashing back to "must complete the mission". But yes the rest was GOLD.

Speaking of scary and hilarious, Nurse Chloe actress went all in trying to get the baby until she fell down the well.

Maxie's face waiting for the 20 lb newborn to breathe was ..... nothing. (again I direct you back to the video of a real mom waiting for the baby to breathe).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Benji said:

But they had such fun making a pizza together !  Michael said so. 🤮

I'm pretty sure Michael can't operate the coffee maker. If I were Chase, I wouldn't eat that pizza.

Pretty sure the staircase where Peter fell/was pushed is in the hospital and that the person in the nurse's outfit is Elizabeth. I hope she lets him bleed to death.

Also, still very unclear about BLQ, the whole baby thing. So I'm assuming that she'll tell Valentin that she was faking being pregnant this whole time to help Maxie out? She doesn't have a plan, and I'm really not sure that the writers actually have a plan either.

Also, the whole scene with Nikolas and Ava being all I love you with Carly looking on reminded me of the Seinfeld schmoopie episode with George staring in disgust at Jerry and his girlfriend calling each other schmoopie.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Friday’s episode was somewhat melodramatic (that Dock gunfight at close quarters was ridiculous), especially Maxie and the nutty nurse in the woods, but this week has been very entertaining (I’m ignoring Nixon Falls) and stakes have been upped finally. It looks like the storylines on Peter and Cyrus are finally moving along in holding them accountable or killing them off

• Love 1
(edited)

The shootout, with everyone standing within ten feet of each other, was laughable.

I will say, I liked the atmospheric look of that last shot... Portia in that noir lighting, Cyrus, disheveled and wounded in the corner. It looked cool. 

The fact that she entered a home that had clearly been broken into is just stupid. 

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 15

So, wait, Jason was in an isolated lighthouse on the Atlantic Canadian coast when Carly called him and said she had to deliver Gladys to Cyrus in less than an hour. And then Jason shows up on the dock in time to save the day? It would have taken at several hours to have gotten there by air. But let's pretend he has some sort of aircraft standing by that doesn't have to deal with customs and immigration and that can fly straight from a lighthouse to the PC docks. That still would take way more than an hour.

pop tv no GIF by Schitt's Creek

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, tveyeonyou said:

Fuck you Carly. 

it can't be said enough. even if there was no shooting, jason is still AN ESCAPED FUGITIVE.

will he send carly to fetch britt or will she sit by the cabin fire for the rest of the year?

14 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

The shootout, with everyone standing within ten feet of each other, was laughable.

I will say, I liked the atmospheric look of that last shot... Portia in that noir lighting, Cyrus, disheveled and wounded in the corner. It looked cool. 

The fact that she entered a home that had clearly been broken into it just stupid. 

it made no sense for her to enter the house. i expected her to at least call out to her daughter as fearing that the blood was trina's would be the only reason she wouldn't have run right out.

Edited by VioletMarx
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I always love the shootouts on GH. The actors are four inches apart having a shootout & Jason is always able to shoot multiple men. Although, the ending with Dante nabbing them all standing there exchanging recipes while a bunch of dead men are all over the place. Too funny.

Vampire Cyrus looked truly scary at the end. I actually feel sorry for Portia having to put up with his crap. Of course, Curtis will probably stop by her house to discuss said awkward kiss and save her (hopefully). 

And, finally it’s three hours for the bloody body in the stairwell at GH which is either Peter and/or Brando depending who you talk to. Currently, Brando is at GH and there is no sign of Peter. So the debate continues.....until Monday. LOL!!!

Happy Memorial Day!!!! 

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

And, finally it’s three hours for the bloody body in the stairwell at GH which is either Peter and/or Brando depending who you talk to. Currently, Brandy is at GH and there is no sign of Peter. So debate continues.....until Monday. LOL!!,

It appears Monday will be a repeat, which makes sense since it’s a holiday. So we have to wait until Tuesday. Man, how many hours had Peter or whatever body been lying at the bottom of the stairwell?

• LOL 2
12 minutes ago, DanaK said:

It appears Monday will be a repeat, which makes sense since it’s a holiday. So we have to wait until Tuesday. Man, how many hours had Peter or whatever body been lying at the bottom of the stairwell?

The first title card showed up at the end of Monday’s episode, and today’s referenced 3 hours, so it’s pretty much happening in real time. 

• LOL 1

Wasn't Portia telling Silas about Gladys a violation of HIPAA? To mention her by name seems like a breach.

The blocking for the shootouts is always so cheesy and UCG. They have a stunt coordinator; can't he give some camera placement tips?

OMG, Michael and Willow are the worst. Tell Chase about your inexplicable lurve and save us all.

Chloe chasing Maxie through the forest was hilarious. This is what I want in soaps: good, solid cheese.

LOL at Portia walking into her unlocked house with bloodstains on the floor. She was just talking about gun violence. She's lived in Port Charles long enough to know better.

Jeff Kober with his hair down? Rowr. More of this, please.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

WHY is Sasha telling the police that she is pregnant with Brando's kid, in the middle of the hospital? Anyone could hear her. So much for "protect Brando/keep the news quiet." 

That ship has sailed.  Cyrus knows that Brando is the father and planned on killing him, his mother and his baby mama so no need for protection now.  

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

20 lb newborn

I always find it hilarious that tv shows use giant babies for their newborn infants, but in this case, since Maxie has been pregnant for 4 years, it makes sense that her baby would come out, ready for preschool.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Pretty sure the staircase where Peter fell/was pushed is in the hospital and that the person in the nurse's outfit is Elizabeth.

The person had wedding rings on her hand, and I assumed it was Liz, but the very next scene she's with Finn, so either it wasn't her, or she just left Peter there to bleed out.  Which is perfectly fine.  

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Also, still very unclear about BLQ, the whole baby thing. So I'm assuming that she'll tell Valentin that she was faking being pregnant this whole time to help Maxie out?

Since Maxie doesn't know that Peter lying half dead in the stairwell, I think they'll go on with their plan of saying Maxie's baby died, and that Brook Lynn had a baby girl the same night.  BL will take the baby.  

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

either Peter and/or Brando depending who you talk to.

I don't know why people keep thinking/saying that it's Brando.  The person is wearing the clothes that Peter was wearing the last time we saw him.  He has the passports and he LOOKS JUST LIKE PETER!!   

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

The person had wedding rings on her hand, and I assumed it was Liz, but the very next scene she's with Finn, so either it wasn't her, or she just left Peter there to bleed out.  Which is perfectly fine.  

Correct me if I'm wrong because I only half-watch the show on a good day, but Peter hasn't taken his tumble down the stairs, right? His fall should be hour zero, no?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Correct me if I'm wrong because I only half-watch the show on a good day, but Peter hasn't taken his tumble down the stairs, right? His fall should be hour zero, no?

Your right.  I was thinking Peter has already fallen down the stairs and the time lapse is how long he's been lying there.  My bad.  

This entire story of Maxie’s pregnancy, from beginning to end, is so insulting to every human with a functioning brain that it’s no wonder soaps are dying. I had two babies and not one was born in the woods. Give us a freaking break!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

So maybe I'm crazy but it seems pretty clear that Peter is dead at the bottom of the stairs and a good ole whodunit is being put into place. We've got three hours left to go but Finn, Elizabeth, Anna, Brando, possibly Carly and Valentine will come back to the hospital. Heck, if Willow and/or Michael find out that Peter is behind what happened to Chase they could fall into accidentally pushing him down the stairs. I mean,  that makes Peter responsible for their torment, right? 😆 

Looking at the scrubs, body type and fair skin, I'm fairly certain that was Elizabeth checking on Peter in the beginning.

Oh, and it can never be said enough... shut up, Carly.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Jeff Kober with his hair down? Rowr. More of this, please.

seriously. that was glorious. too bad they didn't let him be more of a villian. 

does anyone remember DOOL in the 80s when bad victor kiriakis had a long time broken heart over bo's mom? i wish they had brought cyrus on with something like instead of being laura's brother. i would love to have seen him play longing under the evil.

• Love 7

Well. It seems Jason took my words about her too literally.

If you'd told me a year ago let alone eight years ago that Dr. Dull Surprise would become Jason's next love interest I'd have laughed you out of town. COVID has changed many things about this world. I still am a bit flabbergasted about how they got this close this fast, but I don't really watch the show beyond clips here and there so I'm not clear on the progression. Did Sam and Jason ever even remarry?

I have watched this show too long to ever buy Jason/Britt and Sam/Dante as more than some sort of stopgap measure for a larger problem either story-wise or BTS - I remember the abortive attempts to fully commit to Jason and Elizabeth in the late 2000s while Sam became a vixen again, and I actually was into all of that, but it didn't last. But who knows. It baffles me this has all gotten this far, not that I care at all about Jason and Sam bc I've despised that couple for decades and want Jason dead. Guza would never have put Jason with Dr. Oft-Recurring Player. What a wacky time.

• LOL 1
5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

The fact that she entered a home that had clearly been broken into is just stupid. 

Wouldn’t a mob kingpin like Cyrus with his connections, money, influence and organizational infrastructure have a doctor on the payroll for just this exact situation?  Instead of desperately breaking into not only A doctor’s house, but one who knows and totally hates him?  

Seriously, he had no one he could call to extract him to a safe house (the Corinthi have many apparently) where someone can be brought to treat him?

the writing is so goddamned slipshod and lazy that it’s absurd.

5 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

Without even calling 911 first.  Or Curtis at least.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, bannana said:

So, wait, Jason was in an isolated lighthouse on the Atlantic Canadian coast when Carly called him and said she had to deliver Gladys to Cyrus in less than an hour. And then Jason shows up on the dock in time to save the day? It would have taken at several hours to have gotten there by air. But let's pretend he has some sort of aircraft standing by that doesn't have to deal with customs and immigration and that can fly straight from a lighthouse to the PC docks. That still would take way more than an hour.

pop tv no GIF by Schitt's Creek

Yep.  Lazy slipshod writing.  Do the writers on this show ever expect to have other writing jobs in the future.  With this little attention to detail, I wouldn’t hire these hacks to clean the toilets for better writers.  For fear that their profound mediocrity would somehow transmit itself.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

If you'd told me a year ago let alone eight years ago that Dr. Dull Surprise would become Jason's next love interest I'd have laughed you out of town. COVID has changed many things about this world. I still am a bit flabbergasted about how they got this close this fast, but I don't really watch the show beyond clips here and there so I'm not clear on the progression. Did Sam and Jason ever even remarry?

I have watched this show too long to ever buy Jason/Britt and Sam/Dante as more than some sort of stopgap measure for a larger problem either story-wise or BTS - I remember the abortive attempts to fully commit to Jason and Elizabeth in the late 2000s while Sam became a vixen again, and I actually was into all of that, but it didn't last. But who knows. It baffles me this has all gotten this far, not that I care at all about Jason and Sam bc I've despised that couple for decades and want Jason dead. Guza would never have put Jason with Dr. Oft-Recurring Player. What a wacky time.

They did not remarry. Pretty sure KM and Sbu do not get along very well, but the show did break up every single couple.   JaSam seems done to me, too much offscreen drama.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jsbt said:

Are the fans who fought the JaSam/Liason wars even passionate about any of that any more?

It really feels like the air has gone ALL the way out of Sam and Jason, and that "endgame" is just not happening, unless the show gets canceled anytime soon.

OTOH, Lante is probably still a thing, and -- as with Scrubs -- Sam will eventually find herself the odd chick out.

• Love 5

That was some truly bad, hammy acting by Kimberly J. Brown today.  Short of literally sprouting horns and glow-in-the-dark eyes, not sure her craziness could've been more obviously conveyed. 

But as nonsensical as all that was, it was award-winning compared to the dock shootout.  I don't think I've ever laughed as much as the unintentional idiocy of Spinelli doing that weird little scurry over to Carly and Jason when the shooting subsided. 

And, because it can't be said enough: STFU, Carly.  That goes double for you Spinelli. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
(edited)

I do feel a bit vindicated saying all those years ago around here that I felt Sam had had a wake-up call when her son was born and was ready to leave the mob behind when she found another way of life with other men, civilian men, while Jason - both "Jasons" - were dead. Her life with Drew also ended up being an extension of that, one she shouldn't have given up. Are they only revisiting this now hastily because Big Steve and Kelly can't stand the sight of each other or whatever, sure. But I was still right! And isn't that's what matters?

I'll believe those two are over when they've been done five years or more, but it is a sight to see and I'm happy for it, even if I still hate Britt.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Did they say the lighthouse was on the Atlantic coast? Because there are lighthouses on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario that wouldn’t be an insane drive to wherever Port Charles sits in relation to Buffalo. I mean still highly improbable, but at least within an hour-ish driving distance. The idea that he took back roads and then had time to park and get in position for the shootout is pretty ridiculous though. Under an hour’s notice barely gets me across town, let alone through Niagara Falls customs with a fake passport. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Jason/Britt really is moving at warp speed, especially for a Jason relationship.  He’s never been much of a casual sex guy - maaaybe he boned Carly pretty fast back in the day? But otherwise all of his other major relationships I can think of came after a slow burn with lots of buildup. I don’t know what that means for Jason/Britt in the future, if they’re really planning to go there long-term or if they’re still thinking of killing Britt off, or what. I’m not sure the show knows yet, either. I’m not hating them now, but it’s only a matter of time before Britt loses all spine and interesting characteristics to go full mob-apologist, and then I’ll be out.

Jasam feels really “done” to me as a pairing, both from a storyline standpoint and because the actors are obviously over it, but I feel like as long as they’re on the show and Burton doesn’t absolutely refuse to play ball, GH will always keep Jasam as a default pairing to return to if other options don’t work out. Lord knows this show’s not above beating a dead horse, and I think they still have a decent fanbase if not as fervent as in the past. At the moment Sam’s certainly not being written like she’s getting over Jason; it’s more like she’ll half-heartedly get involved with Dante if she must (I.e. the script demands it) but she’ll always be keeping one eye on her phone waiting for Jason to call.

I don’t know which explanation is worse: that Dante/Sam sucks so hard because the writers don’t intend it to be more than a placeholder between Lante and Jasam reunions so they’re not even trying, or they actually are trying and they’re just that garbage at their jobs.

At least KM can be grateful that since she’s no longer Jason’s love interest, she isn’t automatically first in line to be sexually menaced by the current town villain. Sasha apparently “wins” that prize this round. Man, how naive of me to think Cyrus could actually be a male villain who wasn’t interested in preying on women; it’s GH, of course he is - the writers just forgot about it until now.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, absnow54 said:

Did they say the lighthouse was on the Atlantic coast? Because there are lighthouses on Lake Erie and Lake Ontario that wouldn’t be an insane drive to wherever Port Charles sits in relation to Buffalo.

I don't think they said that, but they portrayed it as super remote.

But let's say they are in a rustic lighthouse on Lake Erie or Lake Ontario (🤣). Driving would take at a minimum three hours to the pretend world of PC. If not more. You would still have to go through customs and immigration.

So we are back to the Jason had some sort of super aircraft that got him to PC docks in less than 45 minutes!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Still liking Britt and Jason. Maybe it's just nice to see him emote even a little after looking constipated any time he was in a scene with KeMo.

Speaking of, how painful were the ~fun softball scenes between her and DZ?  Talk about negative chemistry.  They're trying way too hard with this animosity spin--especially on Sam's part.  She's the one who acted like an asshole to him and yet she's acting like the one in the right?  Typical, but stupid.

Sam should have been playing that in a flirtatious way.  Lighthearted or smiling, teasingly.  It is difficult to believe there is an attraction, which I suppose is what the show was going for. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/26/2021 at 11:13 PM, 30 Helens said:

I thought Steve Burton didn’t do shirtless? Wasn’t that a violation of his morals, or his protein water contract, or something? 

I guess he just needed to be paired with the right Kelly.

Back in the day, when they split Jasam, SBU wanted it then too...but his Liason pairing didn't carry the hot like Kemo and Greg Vaughn's Lusam.  I mean, I still remember those scenes, they sizzled hard.   My guess is SBU ain't letting that happen again, so yeah, he actually showed up for once. 

This just reminded me how HOT Vaughn is.  Damn.

Edited by CeChase
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, lala2 said:

I love Chase, but I never understood his insistence on leaving the hospital. He almost died THREE times while at the hospital. He's not a stupid guy. I would think he'd want to remain in the hospital to figure out what's wrong w/him. How many time does he have to almost die before he decides being in the hospital is probably for the best?!?!?  He left for a few hours and is right back at the hospital?! Come on, Chase! That Q mansion stuff was awful, so I hope he just remains in the hospital. 

They also need to write for him more rather than solely using him as Millow angst. Yes, he's said he thinks his brother/dad is lying to him about his condition, but if we must see him w/Willow, why not show him disclosing to her his fear that he's dying or that he will be forever hospitalized or something.  I don't know. As a Chase fan, I just wish this poisoning story was more about him than Millow and Finn. We don't get to see Chase w/his parents or having any of his co-workers/friends visit him. It's just Millow there, waiting for him to die so they can be together and Finn. I hope Chase gets freed from this "triangle" soon. I'm over it. 

I'm kind of hoping they give Chase a dark side after he finds out about Millow.  Not Franco dark, don't get me wrong...but I would love to see them give him some good material and not be Mr. Goody Two Shoes.  The actor can handle it, he's good.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 7