Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Duffer said:

I know she makes the team, and I thought she was phenomenal, but it bugs me that Lisa does not seem to be well regarded. Can someone briefly explain what the back story is?

She was a mean girl on the Mavs and tattled a lot 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, klopie said:

Would have much rather seen Gina, Caroline, Erin, and Kelcey do this choreography. This is meh from all 4 of them.

Yeah, they are all average at this style, but Gina and Erin especially are truly phenomenal. No idea how they ended up with these four. 

And say what you want, the first time they highlighted “sideline sweetheart” it just so happened to be when VK would be featured as well. And they couldn’t resist having her go first in this new thing when they have VETS who are much better at this style.

Edited by dreamcatcher
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, rhofmovalley said:

So, what I see in this freeze frame is Victoria's torso facing the extended leg while the other 3 are facing forward (which is proper technique).  This causes her arms to be facing in the wrong direction as well (to the side instead of toward the front).  It also makes her look off balance. This to me is a demonstration of why some people think her dancing technique is not up to the level it should be.  However, I restate my opinion that nearly no one at the stadium during games cares one bit.  They want to see pretty young women in skimpy outfits dancing.

When I was on the high school cheerleading and dance teams, the high school boys always stood around watching us practice.  Not one of them was criticizing or commenting on our dance technique lol.

I am not a dancer, but I do think that the kids from Dance Moms are more synchronized and precise than this group.  They usually only have a day to a day and a half to prepare.  And yes, they are competition dancers, but I know at least one of these ladies was, too.  I just think they should have cleaned it up a bit before releasing it.  And tell VK to stop pulling at her clothes.  That is something an individual performer can do, not a group dancer!!!

• Love 13

10 HOURS AGO, HOLLY85 SAID:

So, what I see in this freeze frame is Victoria's torso facing the extended leg while the other 3 are facing forward (which is proper technique).  This causes her arms to be facing in the wrong direction as well (to the side instead of toward the front).  It also makes her look off balance. This to me is a demonstration of why some people think her dancing technique is not up to the level it should be.  However, I restate my opinion that nearly no one at the stadium during games cares one bit.  They want to see pretty young women in skimpy outfits dancing.

THIS.

VK can blend.  I don't care that they gave her a spot she didn't earn.  For the love of goodness, please trying to make Fetch happen.  I'm tired of having her featured at every turn.

No idea how they ended up with these four.

we been knew. 

Edited by chabelisaywow
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
On 9/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, ByTor said:

I agree.  I don't get all the "you need technique classes," what they do is not technically difficult.  What they need IMO is people who can learn the routines and are fun to watch.  They had that in the past, it's like the fun is almost gone (again IMO).

So, are you a professional dancer, or judge?

• Love 1
On 9/28/2019 at 7:13 PM, Bellisima08 said:

This really proves that Kelli's claims about the squad being elite with the best dancers is hogwash. If it were true, there is no way that Meredith with her two stickers & constant mistakes would have made the squad over Julia with her eleven stickers & consistently great dancing!

I wonder how this information plays out with the squad now. knowing that none of the GL picked you or that other girls got more stickers than you. that has to mess with some peoples heads right? 

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, CaseyLee0911 said:

I wonder how this information plays out with the squad now. knowing that none of the GL picked you or that other girls got more stickers than you. that has to mess with some peoples heads right? 

If the rumors about Lisa are true, then I’m sure she is plotting revenge on the GL’s for not picking her. That’s if she is mean and vindictive like people are claiming 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, CaseyLee0911 said:

She did say at one point taking criticism drives her to get  Better 

Edited by Holly85
8 minutes ago, TxBex said:

I'm on board with this. I'm fine with her making the team this year. She's no worse than many of the DCC  blenders they've had before. My problem is the whole "Best in the Room" narrative being shoved in our faces at every turn. Imho, Kelli and Co. have done Victoria a great disservice by forcing this story line. Because they are constantly going on and on about how amazing she is, they put a target on her back to prove it. It's this unabashed favoritism that sets an unreasonable expectation, which has yet to be met for me. Again, she's a capable dancer, just not the perfect score rookie we're being force fed to believe.

I don’t think VK was mentioned one time this last episode.  The one before she was barely talked about as well except for Evan saying she was exciting to watch or something.    They’ve raved about Amanda just as much. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Bigfan123 said:

So, are you a professional dancer, or judge?

Im no t a professional dancer, i just do it as a hobby and i can dance better than many of the DCC (im talking a bout DCC style, not their background) those arent so diffucult to learn and do.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Oh my. I'm not one for #cancelculture. I definitely believe in redemption and feel that there should be a statute of limitations for how long one should be publicly punished for most mistakes. However, others have said it before, I'll say it again.

This is not about VK's looks (she is a pretty girl IMO), this is not about how hard she worked to lose the weight, this is not about whether or not she would make it if she were just another girl with her same looks/personality/and current dance ability.

This is about nepotism, favoritism, entitlement, repercussions, and making amends. Kelli has had favorites before (we all remember when Danielle didn't make the team and Kelli still selected her for TC) but they've usually been taken down a peg on camera (we remember we Kellie called Danielle into the office and told her she didnt originally make the team) and not showcased as the star of the show.

We can't say the same about VK. There have been no repurcussions for VK's prior and probable current entitlement and no one has put this girl in a corner and IMO that is exactly where she belongs. If they were going to shove VK onto the roster, they should've shown a little class and done it quietly. Showcasing VK all the time, splicing clips to make it look as if she's received verbal accolades that she didn't, and giving her Jalyn's spot stinks to high heaven.  What's next ROTY? She'll be next year's 2nd GL or GL at this rate. 

Whoever is running this circus knows nothing about branding. We know the boss' daughter is going to get the job, just don't make her Employee of the Month, it's a bad look. 

This! This! A 1000 times...THIS!

• Love 11
45 minutes ago, Pau84 said:

Exactly exactly exactly!

I said it before, if I was Tina, I would call Kelli and ask her not to 'help' Victoria anymore. She can do it and make the team all by herself.

A year ago, during her cut-speech, Kelli really freaked me out when said that Victoria was not her 'A plus plus' self. Victoria also confirmed that she wanted to make it when she was A plus plus. A plus plus?!?

What is Melissa Wallace then? A plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus plus?

976255573_Screenshot2019-09-30at21_38_25.png.45ee35665786d180599d6edc1c76557b.png

Victoria is Victoria and TPTB are trying to make her into a Melissa Wallace. That's bad for Victoria and that is bad for us, the viewers, because the viewers are being treated like idiots.

Melissa Wallace had weight issues a good portion of her tenure on the squad, and I remember being extremely disappointed when I finally saw the full version of her solo in that black and red outfit w/ the tricks.  You could make the argument she was also extremely “talked up” by the show.   Had some good tricks, turns and was flexible - but she wasn’t a gods gift to dance either, even though the show made us think she was.   I think she even failed to make TC one or two times before finally making it in and being hyped as amazing dancer.   Kind of like what they have done w/ Hannah.

Edit - here’s the video I saw - there are so many things wrong w/ this technique wise I can’t even begin:

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2019 at 11:43 PM, MTTFan said:

Will a red velvet armadillo groom's cake be served in the carport? 

(I didn't think the style of address was bad -- the pink was kind of loud though -- I also recall Kat's dress a the interview -- it killed her chances, so TPTB can be harsh)

With grey icing ?

• LOL 9
11 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:

This is about nepotism, favoritism, entitlement, repercussions, and making amends. Kelli has had favorites before (we all remember when Danielle didn't make the team and Kelli still selected her for TC) but they've usually been taken down a peg on camera (we remember we Kellie called Danielle into the office and told her she didnt originally make the team) and not showcased as the star of the show.

If this was about nepotism favoritism entitlement non repercussions god daughter spot whatever its being called  ...she would have been put on the team last year🙄.  She had a year to grow up and she looks like she has and so has no reason to ask the public for their stamp of approval.  

• LOL 3
On September 22, 2019 at 10:19 AM, MyFavShows said:

Christina has an excuse for everything (she’s injured, she’s tired) - she also denied that her kicks were bad when K&J told her they were.  

And isn’t there “insider info” that Christina isn’t a nice person?

I have to disagree.  Christina doesn't offer unsolicited explanations.  Mostly what she says is that she is very passionate about being part of the DCC.  She seems much more reserved than most of the girls, and maybe that comes off as aloof or arrogant; I don't see that.  She could just be a bit shy.  She isn't the strongest dancer on the team, but I don't think she's the weakest, either.  Actually, I think she has looked a bit better this year, with some really shining moments.  She seems really happy now, too.  It's nice to see.

• Love 11
22 hours ago, JerseyGirl said:

I saw VK bobble too. VK also annoyingly kept lifting up her skirt when the other dancers did not.

If VK hadn't had her hand down on the floor she would have gone totally off balance. And what was up with all that lifting of her skirt? Maybe she was thinking, "hmm, maybe if I flash my panties enough, they won't even care that I can't stick my landing!"

• LOL 4
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

If VK hadn't had her hand down on the floor she would have gone totally off balance. And what was up with all that lifting of her skirt? Maybe she was thinking, "hmm, maybe if I flash my panties enough, they won't even care that I can't stick my landing!"

I thought the dance looked pretty, they all looked good, but I agree, the panty flashing by little miss thing was a turn-off. Otherwise I thought VK looked good in it. 

• Love 3

Finally getting the time to voice my thoughts about the episode. There were parts of the tour that Phil conducted that I enjoyed. It was rather cool to see those super exclusive areas and it was something new since the show has never done that before and its always fun to see Phil. That being said, I don't think that was the first time VK has ever seen some of that stuff (we know she's been in the locker room for sure). Given how Charlotte fawns over her & her connection to Kelli, the Kalina's have probably been invited to those places. And we didn't need her history about being a "Little Star". "Yes VK, we get that you've been brought up to only be involved in all things DCC!" I will say I wasn't sure how I felt about them showing the girls the locker room. I mean on the one hand, yes it's a special treat & maybe serves as a motivation for them, but on the other hand, it kind of ruins the surprise of seeing it for the first time once you make the team.

I have to say I didn't like the group airing of sad stories on the field. It just felt really invasive & exploitative, not just of Shania, but the other girls. I was expecting that if what happened to her friends was addressed, it would be in a more private setting like Kelli's office or maybe one of her teammates or her group leader would be at her home to give moral support. I don't know, an "impromptu" support group on the field right before a practice just doesn't seem like the right time or place.

The field practice with the boots was pretty underwhelming. Usually it's one of my favorites because I love getting to see the boots come out, but it was rather sloppy so I didn't enjoy it as much. The lines were messy and the kickline...oy vey. I still see no reason for Meredith to have made the team. She was just cringeworthy the whole episode and for Kelli to have said "ok, she's scaring me", you know that it's bad. I was sad for Madeline S, but I did see that she didn't do as well on the field. I still don't think that Meredith should have stayed over her and I believe that Madeline would have made a great alternate. I was glad that Judy said she should come back & I was happy that she want to audition again so I have hope for her for next year.

I did like seeing the involvement of the group leaders. Heather looked gorgeous when the camera was on her and Maddie was so funny with her misuse of  "dictator". I did find it very interesting that none of them gave stickers to Lisa or Meredith. Other thoughts on their time on the field...I saw VK mess up a couple of times, once she was rushing her arms & another time she was slightly behind the vets. I thought Kelcey, Julia & Amanda were the strongest of the rookies on the field. I was glad to see Lily finally relax a bit & look like she was having fun (loved seeing her teammates cheer for her) and was quite surprised to see Christina take it up a notch. She actually looked quite dynamic. It was also fun to see Danielle again.

As for next week...all I could think about after that promo was poor Julia. She looked absolutely wrecked. I don't think she's been called into the office before so this seems like a repeat of Lily's cut when the first time she was ever called to the office was only for her to be told it was her last night. The only other thing I took away from the promo was that we'll finally see how the two triangles came about.

• Love 12
On 9/27/2019 at 10:33 PM, CrazyMoon said:

She's a head-hunter...it has a high 'sales' component and can be very stressful. I liked her more tonight.

It became very clear with her dancing next to Gina, who never misses a move. In the GL meeting in K/J office Amy said Madeline would be a much stronger dancer next year if she finished the college program...that may have sealed Madeline's fate.

Regarding Christina’s job...

This segment actually rubbed me the wrong way.

On one hand she said this was the first time she was working full time while in training camp. She is in her early 30s, working full time is something she should be used to at this age. (I get when you are just out of school and 22/23 this can be an adjustment, but that’s not the case here.) 

But the more I thought about it this just goes to show that as much as they say these girls are supposed to be “well rounded” and have a job/be in school while being a DCC it’s pretty much impossible to do that.

How many girls have we seen this story line with? Kendall who practiced dances in the bathroom of her office, Courtney the pharmaceutical sales rep who quit that job, Lauren who put her nursing career on hold to learn the show group material, Shelby the Dallas girl who quit her job (didn’t make the team), Kat the rhythmic gymnast who left her job to do training camp, and Kristin who was driving 100 miles a day last summer, etc.

Unless of course your are Brennan, who can do it all 🙂

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I imagine the Cowboys say a prayer before every game. How is this any different?

It wouldn’t be that bad, if Kelli hadn’t been visibly annoyed that Shaina didn’t “testify” for the pastor. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mk626 said:

Regarding Christina’s job...

This segment actually rubbed me the wrong way.

On one hand she said this was the first time she was working full time while in training camp. She is in her early 30s, working full time is something she should be used to at this age. (I get when you are just out of school and 22/23 this can be an adjustment, but that’s not the case here.) 

But the more I thought about it this just goes to show that as much as they say these girls are supposed to be “well rounded” and have a job/be in school while being a DCC it’s pretty much impossible to do that.

How many girls have we seen this story line with? Kendall who practiced dances in the bathroom of her office, Courtney the pharmaceutical sales rep who quit that job, Lauren who put her nursing career on hold to learn the show group material, Shelby the Dallas girl who quit her job (didn’t make the team), Kat the rhythmic gymnast who left her job to do training camp, and Kristin who was driving 100 miles a day last summer, etc.

Unless of course your are Brennan, who can do it all 🙂

Wasn't Christina a spin instructor in the years past? I took this as this is her first proper 9- 5 full time role, where as a spin instructor you are probably doing a couple classes in the morning, maybe 1 at lunch and a few in the afternoon / evening with a gap in between, so it's not like a proper structure 9-5 type job. Not sure what Texan gyms are like but thats how the class schedule seems to operate at my gym! 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, lah715 said:

Did they do cameos yet or is that next week along with who is at point?

I saw a tease for next week that mentioned cameos but can't remember where I saw it.  Also in that same tease it said someone was injured.

• Useful 1
4 hours ago, lah715 said:

If this was about nepotism favoritism entitlement non repercussions god daughter spot whatever its being called  ...she would have been put on the team last year🙄.  She had a year to grow up and she looks like she has and so has no reason to ask the public for their stamp of approval.  

So why is the show constantly asking the viewers for said stamp?

Edited by An Offt
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Jessinvirginia said:

I’ve wondered about this over the past couple of days. I think Shaina would have made the team if she’d gone public with her grief. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon to figure out that's what Kelly and the show was hoping for— especially after Kelly was SO VISIBLY BOTHERED with Shaina approaching her privately later. I’m super impressed with her for not exploiting this tragedy for personal gain. Girlfriend respected herself, her emotional boundaries, AND those involved, by not dancing when the puppet masters cranked up the music, and THAT is maturity and grace. What a beautiful human being. It’s unfortunate there’s not a yes, no, maybe, category for those characteristics. 

I think the same thing, Kelli decided right then to cut the girl. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Pau84 said:

What is Melissa Wallace then?

I don't remember Melissa Wallace at all.  But those shorts were definitely the "tiny shorts" era.  Now Victoria--I'll always remember her.

I really watched Kelli's reaction closely when Shaina went to speak with her privately about not voicing her grief.  All I saw was concern from Kelli.  And a worried look.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly, they’ve started placing more emphasis on technique than being fun to watch and ended up with fewer girls with great technique AND very very few who are really exciting to watch. I don’t know how they did this...

And you just don’t need technique classes to have a good NFL cheer squad. You don’t. They need to blend and look good on a screen and be fun and personable.

The DCC don’t need to be Juilliard quality dancers. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I imagine the Cowboys say a prayer before every game. How is this any different?

I would be shocked if it is mandated prayer.

Sure, plenty of teams may have little huddles if guys that say a prayer together. You often see it on the field during warm ups at actual games.

but employer mandated prayer participation can’t be a thing.

• Love 2

Just watched a season 5 ep on PlutoTV.  Kitty was just telling a rookie that she was a great dancer but soft and that 4 inches won't help hide her weight.  What? She didn't tell Kelli to have respect for the rookie with the weight issue.  My how times have changed.

• LOL 10
  • Love 13

Apparently Melissa R will be talking about the show on her podcast this Thursday.  If you go to her IG stories, you can ask questions about the team, the girls, tryouts, anything and it will hopefully be answered during the show.  

• Love 1