Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

19 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Is it just me or was that a mess? The stage looked very small for 10 girls.

Heather went wrong, her kicks look low and she fell out of her splits. Everyone, even Bridget and Gina, looked a little energy zapped. 

I realize the tempo was different, however, this is still the best performance to that song.  Complete difference in energy.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Pau84 said:

TPTB are trying to make her into a Melissa Wallace. That's bad for Victoria and that is bad for us, the viewers, because the viewers are being treated like idiots.

Not only is it "bad." But it's a tad disrespectful. If TPTB knew anything about their own fandom, they would know that Melissa Wallace is easily one of the most highly regarded alums of not just the show, but of the team itself. At least with the fans anyway. Look, maybe Victoria will be great, a legend or something. I don't know. But please don't do something like this in her FIRST season. It's just ... ugh.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I imagine the Cowboys say a prayer before every game. How is this any different?

That would also be inappropriate in my book. I have no issues with religion, but it should always be a choice, not an obligation. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I realize the tempo was different, however, this is still the best performance to that song.  Complete difference in energy.

Who are all those girls?   They all look really good and have a very “classic DCC” look and dance style.   Awesome performance.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Lona said:

Not only is it "bad." But it's a tad disrespectful. If TPTB knew anything about their own fandom, they would know that Melissa Wallace is easily one of the most highly regarded alums of not just the show, but of the team itself. At least with the fans anyway. Look, maybe Victoria will be great, a legend or something. I don't know. But please don't do something like this in her FIRST season. It's just ... ugh.

VK was a good competition dancer - just like Melissa was.  VK is a rookie on show group just like Melissa was.  VK is joining the squad at 19 versus I think Melissa was 21-22 (she may even have been older). 

As much as many don’t like it, it’s highly likely VK will eventually be as well regarded as a DCC as Melissa, and will probably surpass her cause of longevity.   What were Melissa’s top accomplishments on the squad?  Was she a 1st  GL?  What was her furthest placement in TS?  ROTY/VOTY?  Pro-Bowl?   I think the only thing that may cut VK’s DCC career short would be her getting married and pregnant earlier than typical.  I guess weight maybe, but Melissa struggled w/ that too and it was overlooked.

VK makes it 5+ years and she’s going to be a very popular/legendary DCC - she’s just 19 now and w/ 4 more years of growth and improvement she’ll be amazing. 

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Who are all those girls?   They all look really good and have a very “classic DCC” look and dance style.   Awesome performance.

The video is from 2012. The show group that year was Whitney Isleib, Sydney Durso, Cassie Trammell, Melissa Kellerman, Mia Greenhouse, Meagan McVay, Jackie Bob, Lauren Williams, Holly Arielle, and Brittney Schram. The rookie alternates for show group were Jacie Veronica, Olivia Rene, Jenna Lene, and Jennifer Alexis.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The video is from 2012. The show group that year was Whitney Isleib, Sydney Durso, Cassie Trammell, Melissa Kellerman, Mia Greenhouse, Meagan McVay, Jackie Bob, Lauren Williams, Holly Arielle, and Brittney Schram. The rookie alternates for show group were Jacie Veronica, Olivia Rene, Jenna Lene, and Jennifer Alexis.

So the tall blonde is Lauren?  Her body was always so DCC perfect. 

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Not sure it is all show group. I can tell it's Whitney, Sydney and Mia as the front three. I can see Courtney Cook in the back. Can't really tell the rest!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Not sure it is all show group. I can tell it's Whitney, Sydney and Mia as the front three. I can see Courtney Cook in the back. Can't really tell the rest!

I just checked the video description (which said it was from ASAE 2012) and then googled to find the list of who was on show group that year (translation: I'm confessing that I didn't watch the video closely to see who was actually in it).

I just watched the video again and you can definitely see Courtney's hair so I guess the ten girls shown aren't show group? At any rate, it's definitely from August 2012!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

This type of squad is what they need to get back to.  Can’t believe they went from this to what they have today - especially at the front of the traingle.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

This type of squad is what they need to get back to.  Can’t believe they went from this to what they have today - especially at the front of the traingle.

This and when Holly, Jacie, Emma and Jennifer were the triangle in 2014/15.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't remember Melissa Wallace at all.  But those shorts were definitely the "tiny shorts" era.  Now Victoria--I'll always remember her.

I really watched Kelli's reaction closely when Shaina went to speak with her privately about not voicing her grief.  All I saw was concern from Kelli.  And a worried look.  

I really really really want to see it your way.  I used to basically hero worship Kelli, then came VK, and my opinion took a nose dive.  Then this happened and wow!  my opinion dropped even further.  I am going to re-watch it to see if I can get grief instead of heartless bitch out of that moment because I really want to think she isn't as low as that.  For the first time ever, I read the blogs before viewing since I was traveling and maybe that tainted my opinion.  But when I watched I actually got the chills from what I read as RBF.

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Opine said:
10 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't remember Melissa Wallace at all.  But those shorts were definitely the "tiny shorts" era.  Now Victoria--I'll always remember her.

I really watched Kelli's reaction closely when Shaina went to speak with her privately about not voicing her grief.  All I saw was concern from Kelli.  And a worried look.  

I really really really want to see it your way.  I used to basically hero worship Kelli, then came VK, and my opinion took a nose dive.  Then this happened and wow!  my opinion dropped even further.  I am going to re-watch it to see if I can get grief instead of heartless bitch out o

I read the comments also before watching it for the first time.   I really did try to see the "heartless" look but I really didn't see it at all.  I thought I saw Kelli looking right into her eyes, but not with contempt,  just intense interest.  We don't know if there was a hug after that or if Kelli spit in her face and walked off.  CMT conveniently left all that out.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I have long read this forum, but I signed in just to reply to this comment. Courtney Cook has been identified as one of the dancers.  Courtney left the DCC because of unspecified personal issues, but it is suspected that she had an eating disorder. She has written publicly about her struggles with healthy eating. 

The fact that women have to be unnaturally thin to have the DCC look makes eating disorders likely. They are very common in dancers, even forms of dance that do not require the low percent body fat that the DDC does. The DCC carefully monitors weight, but only if it gained, not lost. There are women on the current team that probably have eating disorders, like Gina. If she is altering her public pics to make an already thin body look even thinner, it a flashing red light. If the DCC is doing anything to try and help her we do not see it on the show as we would if she was too heavy.

A classic DDC look should not require an eating disorder to achieve it.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

The year Megan C made the squad, wasn't it mentioned that she won a notional dance championship, which was the same one won by Melissa W previously?  I mean, I have nothing against Victoria, but I can't even say comparing those 2 is like apples and oranges, because at least apples and oranges are both fruit, it's more like comparing apples to puppies.

Winning a national dance competition doesn’t mean as much as you think.  There are hundreds of dance competitions, and often they have 4-5 “nationals” each one.  Then each one of those nationals is broken down into age divisions, and the age divisions have up to 3 levels.  And then studios pick and chose which one of those nationals they will go to and some don’t even go to one at all (or they only do one every other summer).  So the value of a national win all depends on who else was there at that specific nationals and dancing in your division.   If you were up against really good studios it’s a big deal, if not, it can be less meaningful than a regional.

Not saying Megan C. and Melissa aren’t good.  I’ve seen a lot of impressive videos of Megan C. and she was a spectacular competition dancer (probably the best I’ve seen from DCC), but don’t think winning a national competition means the best dancer of all dancers nationally.   And no, it wouldn’t surprise me if VK has won a nationals or two if she did enough competitions and went to enough nationals when she was growing up.

IMO probably the most elite award for a comp dancer is winning a Dance Awards - those girls are selected to attend by the big name conventions (like you need to stand out in a solo and in the convention) and usually the more serious dancers chose to attend/compete.   And even those I think do 2 locations. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, OK Lucy said:

I have long read this forum, but I signed in just to reply to this comment. Courtney Cook has been identified as one of the dancers.  Courtney left the DCC because of unspecified personal issues, but it is suspected that she had an eating disorder. She has written publicly about her struggles with healthy eating. 

The fact that women have to be unnaturally thin to have the DCC look makes eating disorders likely. They are very common in dancers, even forms of dance that do not require the low percent body fat that the DDC does. The DCC carefully monitors weight, but only if it gained, not lost. There are women on the current team that probably have eating disorders, like Gina. If she is altering her public pics to make an already thin body look even thinner, it a flashing red light. If the DCC is doing anything to try and help her we do not see it on the show as we would if she was too heavy.

I completely agree with you. Who could disagree? No one wants a team of bad examples. What the original poster aimed at (I think) is a preference for a team that is more spectacular in appearance and not so much focussed on dancing. More emphasis on the glamour side and less on the dancing side. The question arises what the essence of the DCC is: a dance team that looks spectacular or a spectacular looking team that dances.

I must choose the latter! 

Edited by Pau84
one extra quote removed
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
56 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I agree with SOME of your post, but certainly not all.  Both may have been competition dancers, but only Melissa won anything at those competitions.  I don't recall that Victoria ever has.  From what I recall, Melissa also performed at a lot of those competitions and won.  Victoria? Not so much.  If she went for the experience and to actually LEARN something about dance AND herself from them, it seems to have been a waste of time and money.  The only thing she seems to have gotten out of it was contact with Travis Wall.  Melissa EARNED her spot on Show Group as a rookie.  Victoria.  Questionable placement at best as some (myself included) would say that Kelli was determined that she would be included no matter what happened unless Victoria sabotaged herself again (and Kelli wouldn't let that happen).  Granted, Victoria is younger, but seems to barely have improved in maturity.  It's just less visible than last year.  Melissa had several years to grow up and wasn't nearly as sheltered and protected as Victoria.

As for the rest, I doubt Victoria will be highly regarded as a DCC or anywhere close to it, especially if she keeps up the antics.  DCC seems to be her end-all be-all with no hopes or dreams for anything afterward that she's expressed, not even marriage and motherhood.  I don't remember anything about Melissa's placement or DCC "awards", but I don't think she was ever a 1st GL or Pro-Bowl.  However, she did have an education to fall back on and seemed to have an idea of where she was headed and what she was going to do after DCC.  Frankly, I hope Victoria has more to aspire to and that she finds a life away from home and family so she can have some sort of experience and doesn't feel trapped by life and circumstances because she didn't know enough to know better, that she didn't have the experiences to make her own choices and make them confidently.

If she makes it 5 years, she'll HAVE to improve, at least in dancing because she has no where to go but up.  There's too many good dancers that will show her up otherwise (if they stick around) and she's locked into formations that require her to stay in her own space and that has been a struggle for her both years in Training Camp so far/  In addition, she has to actually learn how to blend while standing out and that may be hard for her.  I haven't seen any video to know how she's accomplishing that.  A popular, highly-regarded DCC?  Now THAT is unlikely to happen among a lot of people especially if the show continues after this season.  I don't foresee her being the darling of anything going forward and the rumors continue to be proven true (or mostly so).  She's likely going to be another Cassie, earning everything she has because of who she knows and not because she actually did anything to get it honestly.

I actually did a quick search and was able to see VK winning an overall in the advanced division at two competitions.   So saying she never won anything is not true.  One of the ones I found her winning was Starquest which is a pretty big name comp, so unless everyone else there that weekend was from a weak studio or was bad, it’s a nice win.    And this is just what shows up w/ her and studio in a google search.  Not all comps results are google searchable or even online, and she may not always have been at that studio.

Regardless - like I said above, studios pick and chose the competitions they go to, and judging is all subjective and varies widely - any win or non-win should really be taken w/ a grain of salt.

• LOL 1
On 9/28/2019 at 11:56 PM, MyFavShows said:

Maddie literally grew up dancing in her mom’s studio yet people say VK is the entitled one.   She had access to a studio and personal dance feedback 24x7, and her technique is still poor.   I guess she’s approachable and cute, yes, and is good at fake hip hop, tricks and the DCC style, but she doesn’t look like a DCC which is what my biggest issue is with her being heavily featured in performances and photographs.  

VK is plenty approachable and seems very outgoing and fun.  She just has that kind of look that makes other women jealous - tall, blond, bold - the kind that turns men’s heads and gets attention.   It is what it is.  

If you don't recall VK mentioned last season that she was going to practice in her in-home rehearsal studio.  Typically, who has that in their house? 

Edited by TUOwl84
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6

I don’t think VK was mentioned one time this last episode. 

For those of you that are good at it - screen shot away.  I don't think VK was featured on the field because she didn't do well - and of course, TPTB aren't going to mention that. It would go against the narrative.

TPTB still found a way to stick her in to the tour portion.  Like - can't she every not make it about herself? Also, between the 3-4 areas they showed - I don't know what the difference was - seems they were ALL (except for the locker room) private areas for Jerry Jones, et all. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, OK Lucy said:

Courtney Cook doesn’t look scary thin in that video.  None of them do actually.    I think Courtney got that way over the summer before she left the team (never actually danced on the team like that).

Classic DCC doesn’t mean extremely thin - it means a flat belly w/ no jiggling and a long legs w/ a féminine shape.    Sydney, Whitney and Mia certainly weren’t overly thin.  And just cause one them eventually developed an eating disorder doesn’t mean they all have one. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, chabelisaywow said:

For those of you that are good at it - screen shot away.  I don't think VK was featured on the field because she didn't do well - and of course, TPTB aren't going to mention that. It would go against the narrative.

TPTB still found a way to stick her in to the tour portion.  Like - can't she every not make it about herself? Also, between the 3-4 areas they showed - I don't know what the difference was - seems they were ALL (except for the locker room) private areas for Jerry Jones, et all. 

Her talking and asking a question during a stadium tour is not painting her as gods gift to dance.  The comment I was referring to was her being shoved down her throat as the best dancer on the team - those scenes in the stadium had nothing to do w/ dancing.  And all the girls talked, not just VK.   She had that part about Abigail, but of course they are going to show that - it was cute seeing her as a little girl w/ a DCC all the viewers know.   They would have done that for anyone.   Just like they showed Jr. DCC photos of Calia and others.  

And there’s nothing wrong w/ talking about yourself if you have something interesting to say and it’s révélant to the situation - like it was in this case.  Goodness gracious - people want these girls to stand in a corner with their heads down during what’s supposed to be long term job interview where your supposed to sell yourself?  No one would say this stuff about a man trying to get a job.  Some of these criticisms of VK are quite misogynistic honestly.   Especially the ones that assume she’s stupid and without any career aspirations when we have no idea what her educational background is.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

I actually did a quick search and was able to see VK winning an overall in the advanced division at two competitions. 

Was it a NYCDA comp - I know it can't be YAGP. Maybe Showstopper? If it was anything besides those three - then they are as "good" as the ones shown on Dance Moms. 

I posted a video of Mahalaya Tintiangco- Cubales, she was a preteen and teen winner for NYCDA - her prizes included scholarships to Joffrey in Chicago and other intensives and being featured/ teaching at the other regional NYCDA competitions.  She has also won the Grand Prix in her age divisions at YAGP.  That is the crown jewel of dance - the one featured in the documentary "First Position." 

I know these are apple and oranges because dancers on that level do not have DCC on their radar.  These are the types of dancers that I believe are "world class."  I don't know why Kelli would think DCC as a stepping stone is bad.  What does she expect people to say? "This is where washed up dancers end up before going to pasture?" 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

These are some of the vets during TC in Season 7.  You can actually see them getting ready for this performance in one of the eps.  There are two groups of dancers - this was one side of the stage.  It wasn't a show group performance.  I just compare every performance of Loud to this group - energy, pop, having fun.

Edited by scorpio1031
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

Was it a NYCDA comp - I know it can't be YAGP. Maybe Showstopper? If it was anything besides those three - then they are as "good" as the ones shown on Dance Moms. 

I posted a video of Mahalaya Tintiangco- Cubales, she was a preteen and teen winner for NYCDA - her prizes included scholarships to Joffrey in Chicago and other intensives and being featured/ teaching at the other regional NYCDA competitions.  She has also won the Grand Prix in her age divisions at YAGP.  That is the crown jewel of dance - the one featured in the documentary "First Position." 

I know these are apple and oranges because dancers on that level do not have DCC on their radar.  These are the types of dancers that I believe are "world class."  I don't know why Kelli would think DCC as a stepping stone is bad.  What does she expect people to say? "This is where washed up dancers end up before going to pasture?" 

YAGP is a ballet focused comp - for people who do intense ballet like - 20-30+ hours a week homeschooled type of ballet.  That is a whole different animal than competition dance. 

NYCDA is a dance convention that also has a competition attached to it that runs in the evenings.  They have overalls, awards and scholarships to their nationals.   Their prizes at their nationals are really good.  I think anyone who attends a regionals can go though - they just need to register before it fills up.

The vast majority of dancers who are successful at something like YAGP, who do that amount of ballet, would dominate any competition dance focused competition easily (they usually don’t bother cause it’s not seen as worth it to them).  Those also aren’t the kind of girls who are usually trying out for things like DCC - they are auditioning for ballet companies.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 2
On 9/28/2019 at 12:59 AM, SSAHotchner said:

Did you see her photo? I paused it as much as possible to look at the stickers on their cards. She had just as many as VK, I think or maybe one less, but many of the others had fewer stickers and Madeline and Meredith each had only 2. It's mind boggling. The only possible explanation, unless something really horrible happens in her personal behavior next week, is that Kelli prefers the look of some candidates over Julia. Also with regard to the field entrance, they never focused in on VK, even though she has been shoved down our throats for 2 seasons now, and is featured in all the promos and couldn't seem to shut her yap during the stadium tour, etc. So whether or not she messed up, we'll never know. But for some rookies, it looked like they were looking for excuses to get rid of them. Meredith did look better tonight, but if they had been realistic and honest, even with all of her training and her pretty face, they should have told her to work on getting the proper style and try again next year. Maybe they just felt they had too many blondes. We didn't hear much about Julia from the group leaders, but the fact that none of them gave Meredith a sticker should have told K&J right then and there that the leaders on the team did not consider her ready no matter how pretty  she is, how nice, or how many years of ballet she has had. I think she's pretty and looks good in the uniform. She has some lovely form and posture, but she isn't picking up the choreography quickly and for all her ballet seems to have balance problems and stumble over her own feet a lot. 

Here are my thoughts on the last show:

Everything you said about Julia I thought the same, how can someone with that many stickers get cut!!  However, it has been said many threads ago that Julia's cut was not because she couldn't dance, and after I saw all of her stickers (I paused too) I knew what was said about her cut had to be true (even though I believed it prior) and it it such a damn shame. If I were her I would feel like damn if I do and damn if I dont. Surely they do not expect Julia to quit her job and work for a network that Charlotte chooses!! SMDH!! At this point she might as well not try out again if she still has the same job. I hate politics!! From the previews next week it seems like they are gonna cut Julia and she didn't see it coming (like they did Lily), it really pissed me off to see her so upset over being cut!!

Also, Meredith did impress me on that dance that Kelli praised her on and so did Christina. I actually watched Christina's dance scene like 10 times. 

Kat did look Gr8 on the field and seemed to get the entrance down fairly quickly (well from what they showed us).

Lily: Hope she isnt a one hit wonder. I'm happy to see her improve week by week.

K/J should really stop wasting their time and the Cowboys Organizations money (paying the choreographers) if they are still gonna pick the team they want. Like why put all of those choreographers and and Group leaders through that "pick your top 36" BS and give them a false sense of power...utterly ridiculous!!

• Love 14

I always figured one of the reasons Melissa was so highly regarded was because of her brains, approachability AND her dance ability. Both her and Amy Trader impressed me with how well rounded they both were. 

I don’t have many issues with VK, but it’s really an apples and oranges comparison. VK could be incredibly intelligent, but the show hasn’t shown us any focus on her brains. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, TUOwl84 said:

If you don't recall VK mentioned last season that she was going to practice in her in-home rehearsal studio.  Typically, who has that in their house? 

My nieces have one in their house...they aren't that expensive to put in actually. 

3 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

K/J should really stop wasting their time and the Cowboys Organizations money (paying the choreographers) if they are still gonna pick the team they want. Like why put all of those choreographers and and Group leaders through that "pick your top 36" BS and give them a false sense of power...utterly ridiculous!!

I just think that the team should be chosen by those that are there thru out TC, not a guest watching them dance for one night.  The whole sticker thing is just another storyline and gimmick - who will get a rose tonight?

However, I would like to see Evan Miller join the show:)

• Love 12
14 minutes ago, Kayce said:

My nieces have one in their house...they aren't that expensive to put in actually. 

There are about 4-5 dancers who have one at my daughters studio.   Most of them aren’t even from families that I’d consider wealthy. 

Being the daughter of the studio owner/director is a whole other level of privileged though. 

Edited by MyFavShows

I thought Daphne looked really bad when she was sharing the story of her grandfathers passing.  

I thought she looked so much better last season, before the calendar shoot.  Also, for some reason she just comes off as a goody two shoes, very prissy, to me.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, mk626 said:

How many girls have we seen this story line with? Kendall who practiced dances in the bathroom of her office, Courtney the pharmaceutical sales rep who quit that job, Lauren who put her nursing career on hold to learn the show group material, Shelby the Dallas girl who quit her job (didn’t make the team), Kat the rhythmic gymnast who left her job to do training camp, and Kristin who was driving 100 miles a day last summer, etc.

Ashlee (one of my faves) who said last season she was putting her physical therapist career on hold for TC.  Malena who quit her job in recruitment and didn't make the team.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Apparently Melissa R will be talking about the show on her podcast this Thursday.  If you go to her IG stories, you can ask questions about the team, the girls, tryouts, anything and it will hopefully be answered during the show.  

If we had the option to select a "gag me" icon, then your post would probably have the pink outline around it, not in response to you as a poster of course, but because 25+ posters would definitely feel nauseous in response to anything with Melissa the Mentor. 

• LOL 7
5 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

If we had the option to select a "gag me" icon, then your post would probably have the pink outline around it, not in response to you as a poster of course, but because 25+ posters would definitely feel nauseous in response to anything with Melissa the Mentor. 

TBH, I am curious to see what she gets asked.  But I do like her...…...ducks and runs😜

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There are about 4-5 dancers who have one at my daughters studio.   Most of them aren’t even from families that I’d consider wealthy. 

Being the daughter of the studio owner/director is a whole other level of privileged though. 

Did Maddie's mom actually own/direct a studio when Maddie was growing up? Currently, she teaches dance at a studio and is director of the high school dance team. I'm not sure if she was ever an owner/director or not. And, let's be honest, we're talking small-town Utah here -- even if she did own it at one time, it only means that Maddie probably spent a lot of time there, not that she received quality dance instruction (not saying she didn't -- just saying your mom owning and/or running a dance studio in small-town America does not automatically equal quality instruction).

• Love 7
6 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

VK not in the middle and not in the first row!

2033297043_ScreenShot2019-10-01at9_12_36AM.png.2a8dd1480b9e4e08855a1e104659da6e.png

True, but she (and Hannah) still stand out because they are the only two between the men -- all the other DCC are together -- so she might as well be front and center (maybe her timing was off in pushing herself into the front/center and she couldn't get there fast enough so she ended up by herself between the two men 😜 -- and for those who will take umbrage -- it's a joke because someone else mentioned her POSSIBLY doing that earlier).

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, hannahbanana said:

Did Maddie's mom actually own/direct a studio when Maddie was growing up? Currently, she teaches dance at a studio and is director of the high school dance team. I'm not sure if she was ever an owner/director or not. And, let's be honest, we're talking small-town Utah here -- even if she did own it at one time, it only means that Maddie probably spent a lot of time there, not that she received quality dance instruction (not saying she didn't -- just saying your mom owning and/or running a dance studio in small-town America does not automatically equal quality instruction).

I'm not disagreeing with the greater point that you're making here, but wanted to point out that West Jordan, UT is a suburb of SLC with a population of over 100k people.  She's not exactly small town girl, though I don't doubt that she's been somewhat sheltered because of her faith.  Even that has some context within Utah, though, since 62% of Utahans are Mormon (thanks Google!)

ETA: tattling on myself...Maddie is from Farr West, UT. Less than an hour from SLC but wouldn’t likely be considered a suburb.  It’s part of the Ogden metro area, which is almost 600k people. Leaving my original post tho since it’s interesting data if you’re into that sort of thing. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I do wonder what is going to happen at the first DCC wedding she attends and they take photos/perform TS - does she realize front and center is reserved for the bride🤷‍♀️

Well we won’t have to wait long as Miranda’s wedding is in February 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Holly85 said:

Well we won’t have to wait long as Miranda’s wedding is in February 

Sorry if this is petty but I’m really hoping she’s not invited since invites should have gone out before she made the team 🤞🏻 

Miranda seems like such a sweetheart and I don’t want her to have to deal with the VK drama on her wedding day.

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm not disagreeing with the greater point that you're making here, but wanted to point out that West Jordan, UT is a suburb of SLC with a population of over 100k people.  She's not exactly small town girl, though I don't doubt that she's been somewhat sheltered because of her faith.  Even that has some context within Utah, though, since 62% of Utahans are Mormon (thanks Google!)

Utah actually is known for having pretty good dancers in spite of it sounding like a small town.   Minnesota and Michigan are similar.  

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK had a lot of trouble in training camp on the field (lines,the entrance, etc.). I find it hilarious that none of that was shown. 

That’s cause Kelli probably had them edit it all out 

• Love 17
8 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

That’s cause Kelli probably had them edit it all out 

I wonder how many times Kelli will gush over her during the cameo shoot.  Thank goodness for fast forward🙄

Edited by scorpio1031
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10