Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

For those of you that are good at it - screen shot away.  I don't think VK was featured on the field because she didn't do well - and of course, TPTB aren't going to mention that. It would go against the narrative.

I did spot VK messing up at least two times on the field. One time her arm movement was off and the other time she was out of sync with the 3 vets in her row. I did find it interesting that we didn't see any of the comments that the group leaders had about her. I mean I'm sure they must have had some because it seemed like K&J were asking them their thoughts on the rookies. As for TPTB not mentioning VK's name during the episode, I was good with that. She mentioned herself plenty during the tour.

• LOL 5
  • Love 14
17 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

I did spot VK messing up at least two times on the field. One time her arm movement was off and the other time she was out of sync with the 3 vets in her row. I did find it interesting that we didn't see any of the comments that the group leaders had about her. I mean I'm sure they must have had some because it seemed like K&J were asking them their thoughts on the rookies. As for TPTB not mentioning VK's name during the episode, I was good with that. She mentioned herself plenty during the tour.

On her first pass she had a waddle thing going on that Judy usually calls out. Someone must have told her because she fixed it by the next pass. She also was behind on every single line for her first pass.  But that got fixed too. This isn't saying anything bad about VK. It's normal to have trouble with the entrance. It's more about how the show won't cover it. Which is a shame.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

If you don't recall VK mentioned last season that she was going to practice in her in-home rehearsal studio.  Typically, who has that in their house? 

In her defense it appears to be in her garage and not so fancy. But I mean yeah in general - thats a luxury. 

4 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

If we had the option to select a "gag me" icon, then your post would probably have the pink outline around it, not in response to you as a poster of course, but because 25+ posters would definitely feel nauseous in response to anything with Melissa the Mentor. 

She's going to have Scott, the Weather Man on her podcast talking about DCC:)  I have a question for him - when did you drink the blue raspberry kool aid???

22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

In her defense it appears to be in her garage and not so fancy. But I mean yeah in general - thats a luxury. 

Is she having a problem finding her words?

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, kalibean said:

I'm not disagreeing with the greater point that you're making here, but wanted to point out that West Jordan, UT is a suburb of SLC with a population of over 100k people.  She's not exactly small town girl, though I don't doubt that she's been somewhat sheltered because of her faith.  Even that has some context within Utah, though, since 62% of Utahans are Mormon (thanks Google!)

ETA: tattling on myself...Maddie is from Farr West, UT. Less than an hour from SLC but wouldn’t likely be considered a suburb.  It’s part of the Ogden metro area, which is almost 600k people. Leaving my original post tho since it’s interesting data if you’re into that sort of thing. 

I grew up near Farr West. It’s legitimately like cows. And tumble weeds. BUT, the quality of dance training is OFF THE CHARTS throughout the whole state. 

Edited by Jessinvirginia
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's going to have Scott, the Weather Man on her podcast talking about DCC:)  I have a question for him - when did you drink the blue raspberry kool aid???

Looks like she was a junior in high school in the video.  Sounds like a regular girl who loves dance and works hard dancing in her garage - meanwhile the narrative is she’s getting dance privates w/ Travis Wall in a 1200 square foot luxury studio in her mansion.   Lol.

I think her personality is adorable and fun.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Got rid of my cable last year and now just have Amazon and Netflix but am happy not to b watching VKs rookie season🤢. When I need a DCC fix I watch Pluto TV which runs the older seasons 24/7.  Love seeing my old faves and how everything has evolved. Funny how Jays fitness challenges used to b such a big part of the show.  Just watched the season where they fired Hannah for weight but gave Veronica and some others help with losing theirs. Always thought that was a S### move. 

• Love 13

#neigh

It's more about how the show won't cover it.

of course not - that doesn't fit the plucky, under horse with the heart of gold, that works hard to make weight feel good story we are all supposed to buy. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, NMDD43 said:

How awkward must it have been for the 4 group leaders to sit in the stands with K&J and listen to them pick apart the TCC and vets. 

If they've been watching the show like we have, it shouldn't have been a big surprise.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If they've been watching the show like we have, it shouldn't have been a big surprise.

Oh I know, but it just makes for a weird work environment... Amy, Heather, and Maddie are such positive people, all bubbles and rainbows and sisterhood and lifting each other up kind of stuff...just imagine them sitting there listening to their bosses pick apart their teammates in a somewhat catty, not very professional fashion and not being able to really say anything. Unless the koolaid is that strong, there is no way these women respect K&J as much as they pretend too. 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Oh I know, but it just makes for a weird work environment... Amy, Heather, and Maddie are such positive people, all bubbles and rainbows and sisterhood and lifting each other up kind of stuff...just imagine them sitting there listening to their bosses pick apart their teammates in a somewhat catty, not very professional fashion and not being able to really say anything. Unless the koolaid is that strong, there is no way these women respect K&J as much as they pretend too. 

Let's take Milan's situation - the girls sitting in the dance studio at the time knew what was said and by whom.  Then the show airs and it's edited in such a way that is different from what happened.  What do the girls think?  Or even what you are talking about with the GLs listening to K&J - how was it edited compared to what they really heard?  Is it worse or better? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

VK had a lot of trouble in training camp on the field (lines,the entrance, etc.). I find it hilarious that none of that was shown. 

Didn't we read/hear that she had been working at The Star all year? But whatever she was doing, why on earth wasn't she learning that entrance? It hasn't changed since I've been watching this show and if her mom was a DCC and "Aunt" Kelli wants her on the team so badly, couldn't she have learned it over the time between the date she was released from TC to now? Wasn't she around long enough last season to have learned it? And yet they jump on new candidates who don't pick it up right away.  Call me nuts, but I even suspected she might have been taught some of the routines prior to training camp this season to make sure she wasn't messing up, so why not the entrance? I mean, we know it wouldn't be fair, but then what about her audition and time in TC both last year and this year was fair? The way this show has been edited, they bend over backwards for their favorites, and then throw out little comments like, "so and so messed up" or has made so many mistakes, etc. but when you look at the footage shown on the screen, you don't see it. It's just their way of convincing the unperceptive viewers that the ones they want to oust are terrible and deserve to be dismissed while at the same time the favored ones making mistakes everyone can see get the best possible edits and the praise from K&J. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21
11 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

IKR?????  That was the first thing I noticed with the Group Leads - no Vk talk. Maybe it wasn't even just left on the cutting floor, maybe Kells was smart enough to just not ask after the Kash fiasco last year!  God I love honesty.  And, now just going crazy conspiracy theorist here...... so Kash almost acted like she was forced to retire in her little speech (many here noted it was odd) then this year when she came in and did choreo, she made a weird comment about her honesty being a problem.  MAYBE..... she was told that as a result of that comment, she wouldn't get point, GL or anything, but was welcome to stay.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

How awkward must it have been for the 4 group leaders to sit in the stands with K&J and listen to them pick apart the TCC and vets. 

So, I am full of theories (or something) this am!  I think that this is part of Kells' new plan of shielding herself from direct hits.....bring in choreographers, group leads, Phil, my cousin Jill, anyone so that she doesn't have to be responsible for her own decisions (even though she clearly ignores them all!  The secret is that she thinks we are too stupid to notice!!!)

It's funny, I have been a real Kelli basher lately, and I actually like her.  I would love to have drinks with her.  But I think she is being manipulated by TK, and I think that is odd.  Because if I had to pick the stronger personality and leader of the dynamic duo, it would be Kells by a long shot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Didn't we read/hear that she had been working at The Star all year? But whatever she was doing, why on earth wasn't she learning that entrance? It hasn't changed since I've been watching this show and if her mom was a DCC and "Aunt" Kelli wants her on the team so badly, couldn't she have learned it over the time between the date she was released from TC to now? Wasn't she around long enough last season to have learned it? And yet they jump on new candidates who don't pick it up right away.  Call me nuts, but I even suspected she might have been taught some of the routines prior to training camp this season to make sure she wasn't messing up, so why not the entrance? I mean, we know it wouldn't be fair, but then what about her audition and time in TC both last year and this year was fair? The way this show has been edited, they bend over backwards for their favorites, and then throw out little comments like, "so and so messed up" or has made so many mistakes, etc. but when you look at the footage shown on the screen, you don't see it. It's just their way of convincing the unperceptive viewers that the ones they want to oust are terrible and deserve to be dismissed while at the same time the favored ones making mistakes everyone can see get the best possible edits and the praise from K&J. 

Theory #3 from me this am - yeppers to the bold part.  We were all sitting here being aghast that little missy wasn't availing herself of these group classes.  Ha!  Kelli, TK and maybe even Judi and some recent DCCs were in that little private dance studio helping our little missy get to the head of the class!

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, SanDiegoGal said:

If we had the option to select a "gag me" icon, then your post would probably have the pink outline around it, not in response to you as a poster of course, but because 25+ posters would definitely feel nauseous in response to anything with Melissa the Mentor. 

I would be one of those people...if I roll my eyes any harder at the thought of her...I'll be able to check out my own arse.  

• LOL 12
  • Love 1

I can’t understand why and of the candidates have trouble with the entrance. It’s easy to find videos of it, it’s taught on every season of the show, and the entrance is widely available on YouTube. Why not pull up the videos, learn the moves, and find a field to practice on? If you search, you can find a football field with lines to practice, many towns have youth football fields that are open to the public for practice. If you can’t find one, get a tape measure, some tape, and make ten yard lines in an empty parking lot or grassy park.

Many years ago when I was in the high school marching band, I learned to hit the lines every time. Once you know how to adjust the size of the steps to the distance between the lines at all tempos it becomes second nature. I think I could go on a field and still do it. It would seem that any women who really wanted to make the team would teach herself that skill before she even auditioned.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
18 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

There are about 4-5 dancers who have one at my daughters studio.   Most of them aren’t even from families that I’d consider wealthy. 

Being the daughter of the studio owner/director is a whole other level of privileged though. 

yeh..my brother is a driver for UPS and my sister in law is a teacher...so they are definitely not wealthy.  We did the studio with flooring ourselves, and it really wasn't that hard or expensive 🙂 and I learned how to hang full wall length mirrors and lay flooring.  They have several girls in their studio that have studios at their houses as well.  They aren't huge, but it gives them ample space outside of the studio to practice.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opine said:

IKR?????  That was the first thing I noticed with the Group Leads - no Vk talk. Maybe it wasn't even just left on the cutting floor, maybe Kells was smart enough to just not ask after the Kash fiasco last year!  God I love honesty.  And, now just going crazy conspiracy theorist here...... so Kash almost acted like she was forced to retire in her little speech (many here noted it was odd) then this year when she came in and did choreo, she made a weird comment about her honesty being a problem.  MAYBE..... she was told that as a result of that comment, she wouldn't get point, GL or anything, but was welcome to stay.  

I'm going with no on that ... Love Kashara but l think she struggled last season to keep that weight off  .... its quite obvious she has gained since leaving... she is not fat by any means but no longer DCC thin for the uniform.  Kelly loves Kashara and making the comment that she did last year was just an eye opener for her that VK was too immature for the team last year and it wasnt going to happen. I don't see her holding it against her or no way would she be back to teach a routine.

• Love 11
12 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

On her first pass she had a waddle thing going on that Judy usually calls out. Someone must have told her because she fixed it by the next pass. She also was behind on every single line for her first pass.  But that got fixed too. This isn't saying anything bad about VK. It's normal to have trouble with the entrance. It's more about how the show won't cover it. Which is a shame.

Last Friday's episode was basically about Kat Meredith and Lily and the lead up to Madeline being cut   The only thing that caught my eye was Amy out of the line when they stopped and turned. Crooked lines which K&J hate ... they didnt cover that either.  Not enough time to cover everyone that bobbled the first few times across ... 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OK Lucy said:

I can’t understand why and of the candidates have trouble with the entrance. It’s easy to find videos of it, it’s taught on every season of the show, and the entrance is widely available on YouTube. Why not pull up the videos, learn the moves, and find a field to practice on? If you search, you can find a football field with lines to practice, many towns have youth football fields that are open to the public for practice. If you can’t find one, get a tape measure, some tape, and make ten yard lines in an empty parking lot or grassy park.

Many years ago when I was in the high school marching band, I learned to hit the lines every time. Once you know how to adjust the size of the steps to the distance between the lines at all tempos it becomes second nature. I think I could go on a field and still do it. It would seem that any women who really wanted to make the team would teach herself that skill before she even auditioned.

THIS!! didnt brennan do it one year in her backyard? I truly dont understand why this isnt down pat prior to auditioning. Same with the kickline. I think most of us could arguably do the entrance just by watching the show (not well on my part but i could do the basics). Maybe they do practice but once the cameras are on and K & J are there the pressure takes over. who knows! 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, CaseyLee0911 said:

she really is! I think they should follow her example 

She's a class act 🙂 and has a maturity they need.  She's a definite asset to the team!! 

• Love 20
3 hours ago, OK Lucy said:

And let's all chant together now "Up to go down and down to go up!"

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Differing opinions regarding the cheerleaders are welcome in this forum.  If you dislike what someone is posting, you can either go on with life or you can disagree with them in a civil manner

Resorting to schoolyard taunting to shout down opposing opinions will result in a suspension of individual posting privileges and/or a forum lockdown.  Make good decisions. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 9/27/2019 at 10:43 AM, cgloss said:

Nice photo.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I wonder how Heather feels being the ONLY group leader who is not apart of the diamond in the triangle. Like Lexie has that spot even when Maddie and Amy swap Point and Amy is sent behind Maddie. IMO Lexie is not so amazing that she can outshine Heather. Any thoughts!!

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I wonder how Heather feels being the ONLY group leader who is not apart of the diamond in the triangle. Like Lexie has that spot even when Maddie and Amy swap Point and Amy is sent behind Maddie. IMO Lexie is not so amazing that she can outshine Heather. Any thoughts!!

I am a Lexie fan LOL!  I am happy to see her in the Diamond.  Was curious myself why Heather is not further up. Do they put some of the veterans further to give the rookies someone to follow if necessary ??? 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, TUOwl84 said:

If you don't recall VK mentioned last season that she was going to practice in her in-home rehearsal studio.  Typically, who has that in their house? 

More common than you think.  I have several friends whose daughters dance, and they've converted an extra bedroom or part of a basement into a dance studio. Some mirrors on the wall, a stair rail mounted at appropriate height and wood or laminate flooring.  Maybe some speakers if they're feeling fancy.  It's not that big of a stretch.

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Im not a fan of Lexie since the "mean girl" topic came out months ago, i think heather deserve that spot insteaf of Lexie :c she's fun to watch is definitely a powerhouse, idk how she didnt make to to the diamond, even Tess made it and i think she is sooo weak in her dance.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

You know I can't wait to see her in her dress!!  And is it Caroline who is a bridesmaid?

My thoughts are that as long as Miranda has been a DCC that Caroline is one of her BFFs and the only DCC that she asked to be a bridesmaid (did they know each other prior). Miranda seems sweet, who else is she close to on the team? 

Edited by GeorgiaPeach11
  • Love 2
42 minutes ago, lah715 said:

I am a Lexie fan LOL!  I am happy to see her in the Diamond.  Was curious myself why Heather is not further up. Do they put some of the veterans further to give the rookies someone to follow if necessary ??? 

I have no problems with Lexie, I was just wondering how she got the chosen spot over Heather...which caused me to wonder about their dance skills etc..

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

My thoughts are interesting that as long as Miranda has been a DCC that Caroline is one of her BFFs and the only DCC that she asked to be a bridesmaid (did they know each other prior). Miranda seems sweet, who else is she close to on the team? 

I’m sure she might have asked others just not sure who they are 

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

My thoughts are interesting that as long as Miranda has been a DCC that Caroline is one of her BFFs and the only DCC that she asked to be a bridesmaid (did they know each other prior). Miranda seems sweet, who else is she close to on the team? 

Well, Miranda cheered with Lisa Mills!

• Useful 4
16 hours ago, Jessinvirginia said:

I grew up near Farr West. It’s legitimately like cows. And tumble weeds. BUT, the quality of dance training is OFF THE CHARTS throughout the whole state. 

But was Maddie a recipient of that excellent training? The original post/assumption was that, as the daughter of a studio owner (if her mom ever owned a studio), she was extra-privileged because she would have access to a studio & dance instruction 24/7 and therefore should be much better than she is. That is only true if 1) it was a studio with excellent training/teachers 2) her mom is a good dance teacher who was willing and able to correct her daughter (didn't have blinders on when it came to her own daughter) and 3) her other teachers were good teachers and willing and able to correct the owner's/another teacher's daughter. Sometimes being a dance teacher's daughter isn't so much a privilege as a hindrance.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I’m curious about this too. I like Lexie just fine, but Heather is stunning and obviously what they want in a dancer if she’s been around so many years and made GL. Is she on show group? I can’t remember. 

• Love 2

I was watching the finals again on my lunch hour and didn't notice until when I watched originally but when Maddie is dancing look in the background Bridget is so sweet she is enjoying the routine and cheering her on .  I can see Bridget at point down the road she has that extra sparkle

• Love 20
19 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

She did the entrance last year as well, so she should have been perfect at this. They always expect comeback girls to be at their top game in everything they’d covered the previous year, so VK should’ve been kept to that standard as well...

2 hours ago, MadisonWu said:

Im not a fan of Lexie since the "mean girl" topic came out months ago, i think heather deserve that spot insteaf of Lexie :c she's fun to watch is definitely a powerhouse, idk how she didnt make to to the diamond, even Tess made it and i think she is sooo weak in her dance.

I don’t understand why Tess made it over Heather. She’s never been that strong, she’s too tall for the spot and has a harsher look than Heather. Tess would have been fine behind the point, but she spends most TS in the triangle.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

She did the entrance last year as well, so she should have been perfect at this. They always expect comeback girls to be at their top game in everything they’d covered the previous year, so VK should’ve been kept to that standard as well...

I don’t understand why Tess made it over Heather. She’s never been that strong, she’s too tall for the spot and has a harsher look than Heather. Tess would have been fine behind the point, but she spends most TS in the triangle.

Totally agree about Tess, I've never been too impressed and her height fits better behind Maddie when Maddie is point. I really dont understand. Seems to me that we obviously are missing something in regards to Heather that TPTB have kept under wraps. The first obvious reason was when she was a GL one year not a GL the following year and now she is not in the diamond....hmmmm.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Ummm would those be Trollis in the background?  It's making me think of that awful commercial on Pluto 😞 

image.png.786ee09ea2b2aeb3bb46824826228f9d.png

I’m sorry, that one gave me a big chuckle. Hopefully, she won’t find flyers in a goodie bag from Joe Namath about getting all the healthcare benefits she DESERVES!😱🤣😱

• LOL 12