Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

Totally agree about Tess, I've never been too impressed and her height fits better behind Maddie when Maddie is point. I really dont understand. Seems to me that we obviously are missing something in regards to Heather that TPTB have kept under wraps. The first obvious reason was when she was a GL one year not a GL the following year and now she is not in the diamond....hmmmm.

Tess is beautiful but she's never had much pop for me. Like she's a good dancer, but not great. I agree it looks odd having someone so tall as part of the triangle, but she looks fine as part of the diamond. I'd love to see Hannah have that spot in the diamond next year.

• Love 11

Random musing of the day: Rachel A. has really grown on me. These past couple of seasons I hadn't really thought about her (dancwise, facewise, physicalwise, personality, nada), but I think that's because we don't see see her that much. However this last episode they gave her a chance to talk, and her voice sounds very sweet, nice and pretty.

I was wondering what people thought about her?

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Lona said:

Random musing of the day: Rachel A. has really grown on me. These past couple of seasons I hadn't really thought about her (dancwise, facewise, physicalwise, personality, nada), but I think that's because we don't see see her that much. However this last episode they gave her a chance to talk, and her voice sounds very sweet, nice and pretty.

She is one of my fav's and who ever decided she needed a new hair cut was right on point! There were too many long hair brunettes. I also love her body type, it's healthy and gorgeous. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

She is one of my fav's and who ever decided she needed a new hair cut was right on point! There were too many long hair brunettes. I also love her body type, it's healthy and gorgeous. 

I agree -- the haircut really makes her stand out now. I wonder if it's something she decided or if Kelli decided that. I bet it was Rachel's decision.

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

She is one of my fav's and who ever decided she needed a new hair cut was right on point!

What the heck how could I forget to mention that! LOL, reading back my original post it just comes across as me liking her cause I heard her talk. 😂. Nice going, Lona! 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Lona said:

What the heck how could I forget to mention that! LOL, reading back my original post it just comes across as me liking her cause I heard her talk. 😂. Nice going, Lona! 🤣

Nothing wrong with that.  Sometimes we see a TCC and we only see her, because they have never been featured.  Then one day, they are giving instruction or answering a question, and you think what a well spoken, young woman or what a nice thing she just said, and you realize the personality behind the looks.

But I've been a fan of Rachel since the beginning.  There are always girls who may not be called in the office, or are GL's or front of the triangle, but they are supportive of those who are.  They steadily improve year after year, and appear to work hard outside the stadium - fitness, job, appearances, etc.  And now Rachel is on SG, has beautiful swimsuit pics, and for all we know, nice enough to step out of the first game so Kat and Meredith could experience it.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, hathorlive said:

Brennan is the perfect DCC nee human.  But this is an example of someone who maximized every detail to help her make the team.  She may not be the best dancer, but she is professional, well spoken, on time and didn't have trouble with her weight or learning choreography.  That matters when you have a beautiful storm causing chaos everywhere else.

She's a smart cookie.  Does anyone know what she does for a living?  She seems to have her life together in a way that I envy.

Account executive for an insurance company with a wonderful talent for interior decorating:)

• Love 20
8 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Let's add to that list that Brennan was VK's boot buddy and did not lose her sanity or commit a felony crime. Definitely an amazing human being!

OMGSH what a boss. #BrennanForPoint 😂😂

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
9 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Let's add to that list that Brennan was VK's boot buddy and did not lose her sanity or commit a felony crime. Definitely an amazing human being!

Or get cut by Kellie for not treating VK like a princess, putting all her own needs aside to take proper care of VK!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 8

Y’all killing me with the Brennan love train, but I did hear she beat chuck Norris in a kicking contest. 

Melissa Wallace, smart, pretty, good ambassador, good dancer but she made me question Kelli’s ability to judge good technique. Melissa was all competition tricks and Kelli fell for it. I feel like she was super flexible so could pull off some WOW moves like kicking her head but not really fluid or good at connecting moves. But I do like her and think she is very accomplished deserved show group etc. 

I would honestly bet money on the best technical/overall DANCERS since the show started are -  Megan C, Whitney Ott, Olivia C. Then next the Whitney I, Evan, brittney, Melissa, Holly A, Jacie, Lacey, Holly p, Amber, Bridget, etc. 

Not necessarily prettiest, most fun to watch, best body, best at power Pom, etc bc that would be Nicole Hamilton hands down lol. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, SanDiegoGal said:

Brennan was VK's boot buddy and did not lose her sanity

Do we know this for a fact? 🤣

12 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Y’all killing me with the Brennan love train, but I did hear she beat chuck Norris in a kicking contest. 

What the what now???

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Not necessarily prettiest, most fun to watch, best body, best at power Pom, etc bc that would be Nicole Hamilton hands down lol. 

I think her picture should be up instead of Abigail's in the tour.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I think her picture should be up instead of Abigail's in the tour.

It might be on display somewhere but they didn't show it because she wasn't the big star to VK's little star.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
16 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Didn't we read/hear that she had been working at The Star all year? But whatever she was doing, why on earth wasn't she learning that entrance? It hasn't changed since I've been watching this show and if her mom was a DCC and "Aunt" Kelli wants her on the team so badly, couldn't she have learned it over the time between the date she was released from TC to now? Wasn't she around long enough last season to have learned it?  Call me nuts, but I even suspected she might have been taught some of the routines prior to training camp this season to make sure she wasn't messing up, so why not the entrance?

Amen to this! I've pretty much been saying all year that the reason VK is doing somewhat better this year is because she's had extra help to prepare leading up to the auditions. I mean she had access to the Vets, K&J and the Cowboys facilities that the other rookies can only dream of. That being said, I expected her to be far better than she is given the level of assistance she's gotten. If she was truly the strongest rookie that TPTB are trying to portray her as, they wouldn't need to edit footage of her & make it look like choreographers are praising her when they aren't. If she was a natural "on fire" dancer like Holly P, Kashara or Kelcey, you wouldn't have to look for it. It would just be obvious with every move she made. The best that can be said about VK this season is that she's blending better.

As for VK & others not knowing the entrance, I can't excuse that. And the same goes for the kickline. These are part of the signature dance that has been recorded & shown on TV and more recently on Youtube for years now. You can watch videos of that dance in full from every angle and learn the timing & sequence & be able to do it at home & build up your stamina. I know that if I was planning on trying out, I'd be doing all that & I'd probably be at the local high school asking if I can practice on the field. I'm just saying that there is no reason for any girl coming into the audition to not know that dance forwards & backwards.

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Amen to this! I've pretty much been saying all year that the reason VK is doing somewhat better this year is because she's had extra help to prepare leading up to the auditions. I mean she had access to the Vets, K&J and the Cowboys facilities that the other rookies can only dream of.

1000% agree. I said the same thing early in the season. She is only doing well with the styles and the choreography because she has been training with vets or Judy to have them down by TC so she looks better!!! This is such a RIP off for us lovers of all things DCC. I am really kinda disgusted, and very disappointed to be treated like I am a moron, not noticing the sham that is this season's training camp.

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

VK isn’t the first or last of TCCs friends with vets getting assistance. 

I always wondered why Meghan F. didn't do better when she had been in TC twice before and roomed with Brooke S. She shouldn't have had memory problems with dances that Brooke could have taught her before TC even started. RIP

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

VK isn’t the first or last of TCCs friends with vets getting assistance. 

Totally get that, it was just my opinion.

10 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach11 said:

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but I wonder how Heather feels being the ONLY group leader who is not apart of the diamond in the triangle. Like Lexie has that spot even when Maddie and Amy swap Point and Amy is sent behind Maddie. IMO Lexie is not so amazing that she can outshine Heather. Any thoughts!!

I wud really like to know why Heather isnt point even, I think shes beautiful and reminds me of points from the past. She shud at least b in the triangle before all 3 of the girls there now. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Melissa Wallace, smart, pretty, good ambassador, good dancer but she made me question Kelli’s ability to judge good technique. Melissa was all competition tricks and Kelli fell for it. I feel like she was super flexible so could pull off some WOW moves like kicking her head but not really fluid or good at connecting moves. But I do like her and think she is very accomplished deserved show group etc. 

I would honestly bet money on the best technical/overall DANCERS since the show started are -  Megan C, Whitney Ott, Olivia C. Then next the Whitney I, Evan, brittney, Melissa, Holly A, Jacie, Lacey, Holly p, Amber, Bridget, etc. 

I’d add Erica and JenK too- they’re not very popular anymore, but both have excellent technique, very clean and powerful moves and can dance different styles.

1 hour ago, SSAHotchner said:

I always wondered why Meghan F. didn't do better when she had been in TC twice before and roomed with Brooke S. She shouldn't have had memory problems with dances that Brooke could have taught her before TC even started. RIP

But you can’t really fix memory problems! Any girl with memory problems will certainly benefit from extra assistance throughout the season and multiple TCs, but that would always be a struggle for them. Now, someone who is a “take home” learner, or not very clean/sharp or not powerful etc, yes they would benefit tremendously from extra training and support. Even with no extra help, VK (and Lily and Kristen) spend so much time in TC last year so she probably had time to learn all the dances, or at least the majority of them. When you spend months practicing the same moves over and over again, you will “come back stronger” no matter what. That’s why they normally expect the comeback girls to be almost at vet level.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

It might be on display somewhere but they didn't show it because she wasn't the big star to VK's little star.

I'm surprised they haven't renamed the vet as the "little star" because nobody makes VK a "little star".  She's the biggest, the best.  The shiniest star EVER.  

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

For me personally....no one has come close to Nicole Hamilton. For me, she is the prefect representation of what a DCC should be! 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

No disrespect to Meghan F. She appeared to be very close to Brooke and Tobie both. Plus, she roomed with Brooke and Julie Jacobs...and later (I believe), with Brooke and Stephanie Heymann. I don’t know this for a fact, but I feel these DCC ladies probably tried to help her (as much as they could) to make the team. I think for Meghan...she just couldn’t pick up the steps. I saw the same struggles each time she was in training camp...memory mistakes. JMHO. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Yikes Julia! Don't tell them that. Now that we know Kelli doesn't like it if they use the DCC as a stepping stone to anything else.... It's the end all be all! Lol and Kristen still looks sleepy. She needs to do something about that freaking eye makeup and lashes! 

• Love 10
22 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Scott's right, she had no idea how she came across there. Obviously everything she said was true and she was earnest about it, but we all know Kelli and co. hate hate hate when people use the org as a stepping stone and she was so blatant about it. I'm sure Charlotte was on edge with her from the beginning like we heard and this 100% sealed her fate.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yikes Julia! Don't tell them that. Now that we know Kelli doesn't like it if they use the DCC as a stepping stone to anything else.... It's the end all be all! Lol and Kristen still looks sleepy. She needs to do something about that freaking eye makeup and lashes! 

Thinking Charlotte ended up finding out what was said and told k and j to cut her 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yikes Julia! Don't tell them that. Now that we know Kelli doesn't like it if they use the DCC as a stepping stone to anything else...

I also wonder what her current employers/co-workers will think 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Thinking there is a lot more that went into her cut 

Could be more to it..and this is just the ammunition they use. There might even be a segment where Julia says "build my resume... but primarily because it's such an honor to wear the uniform...." And they edit the positive part out -- so they have something with which to cut her. 

But if she really just said "I did it for the resume..." That's enough for Kelli and Charlotte right tthere.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
40 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Wow! What a shame! She’s a great dancer and very pretty. She sunk herself without knowing it and she will NEVER (IMO) make it into training camp again. She will (probably) not be forgiven for her mistake. 

The thing is....this IS a stepping stone to your next career. No way can they expect you to make this your ‘end all’ career (yes, I’m aware that it is for some). I mean, most girls are ‘one and done’ or quit after a few seasons. Are they expecting girls to ‘retire’ at 25 and that’s it for them? 

• Love 16

It’s super obnoxious that K and C get so offended by anyone who dares to think bigger than DCC. They want these girls to believe that DCC is the greatest achievement of their life, and it’s all downhill from there. Selfish and unrealistic, to the point of being downright dumb. 

• Love 20
4 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

Wow! What a shame! She’s a great dancer and very pretty. She sunk herself without knowing it and she will NEVER (IMO) make it into training camp again. She will (probably) not be forgiven for her mistake. 

The thing is....this IS a stepping stone to your next career. No way can they expect you to make this your ‘end all’ career (yes, I’m aware that it is for some). I mean, most girls are ‘one and done’ or quit after a few seasons. Are they expecting girls to ‘retire’ at 25 and that’s it for them? 

If Kelli & co. expect that the DCC should be the ultimate capstone to a dancer's career, then they may as well just bring all subpar dancers into training camp. The really good ones do have ambitions beyond DCC, thus making DCC a stepping stone in their career trajectory.

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, SanDiegoGal said:

If Kelli & co. expect that the DCC should be the ultimate capstone to a dancer's career, then they may as well just bring all subpar dancers into training camp. The really good ones do have ambitions beyond DCC, thus making DCC a stepping stone in their career trajectory.

My favorite rookie this season is Amanda. The girl is gorgeous and can dance circles around most of the rookies and vets. But, from what she said on episode one, she seems to be working towards big goals for her future. I believe this is a stepping stone for her. JMO....

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I also wonder what her current employers/co-workers will think 

I was wondering this too. Does she still have her same job she had before training camp?  She came across terribly and didn’t even seem to realize it!  I’m interested in seeing Kelli’s reaction.  Of all people who should have aced media training, you would think Julia would given her career choice. 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, KatieC said:

I was wondering this too. Does she still have her same job she had before training camp?  She came across terribly and didn’t even seem to realize it!  I’m interested in seeing Kelli’s reaction.  Of all people who should have aced media training, you would think Julia would given her career choice. 

I thought the same thing. It sounded more like a bitch session than an interview.  If that had been a real podcast, she would have been in Kelli’s office as soon as it was over, if not earlier.  Interested to see the whole segment, but I know we will see the edited version.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Gonna hold out SOME hope that maybe, just MAYBE, there will be a longer scene or something from Julia's answer. Because, wow. That was pretty bad. Even if she didn't meant for it to be negative, that came across pretty poorly. Throwing out the word "resume" like that? NOPE.

Also, just going to say I'm interested to see if that was the main reason she was thrown out or if it was something else. Still think she would've made a great DCC, but yeah. That segment was concerning.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jennv said:

It’s super obnoxious that K and C get so offended by anyone who dares to think bigger than DCC. They want these girls to believe that DCC is the greatest achievement of their life, and it’s all downhill from there. Selfish and unrealistic, to the point of being downright dumb. 

Very true, but you don’t go into a job interview and tell them that you are trying to get the job so you can build your resume and move on to something better as soon as possible - it’s a sure fire way to not get the job no matter how qualified you are. 

• Love 19
12 hours ago, Lona said:

I've always been a Rachel A fan but I wish they'd have cut her hair to begin with. It makes her stand out and she has a 'healthier' body type than some. She was good in the DCC style in her first year but she's certainly evolved and pops when they're in smaller groups to me. I've noticed her when guest choreographers come in and her hip hop is really strong. 

She reminds me of Heather, personality-wise. One of the quieter ones but really poised and well-spoken. Doesn't seem to have an over-the-top personality like some do! She's also well-liked so must be a great teammate!

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Very true, but you don’t go into a job interview and tell them that you are trying to get the job so you can build your resume and move on to something better as soon as possible - it’s a sure fire way to not get the job no matter how qualified you are. 

so much this.  Distaste for DCC being used as a "stepping stone" does not mean you somehow believe that DCC is the only achievement of any importance.  Kelli has always seemed to be really proud of the kinds of professional accomplishments these women are capable of, and that has also been highlighted on the show (Cersten, Amy T., Melissa, etc).  It makes the team look good and she knows it.  However, using DCC as just a means to an end denotes a really self-centered point of view, and I think that's what Kelli takes issue with.  It definitely implies a lack of dedication and sincerity, which are qualities she tries to look for.  I think that's on point, so I'm not going to get too mad at her when she makes mistakes sometimes about some of the girls she's put her trust in, because I do think her heart is in the right place (even if the rest of her might be a bit off kilter sometimes).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

Regarding Kashara and her "honesty" that gets her in trouble.  Is she "honest" or is she one of those people who ramble on with no filter and excuse it as "Hey, just being honest!"?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10