Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

What comment?

Last week when kashara put her stickers on her top 36 and she was asked abt who her choice for point was !! And kash said Caroline 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DCCobsessed said:

Does anyone know if the 4 groups and their leaders are structured according to ability and/or seniority?  Like, is group 1 higher in the hierarchy than group 2, etc.?  Is it a greater honor to be group 1 leader than group 4 leader?

No, I don’t think they purposefully make some groups stronger or better than another. That wouldn’t make any sense to create weaker groups, as they all spread out around the stadium, and will be the most visible to different parts of the audience. 

4 minutes ago, glossy said:

I'm sorry but Meredith just looks and sounds dumb all the time. I don't think she even has two brain cells.

I can’t even find her so beautiful anymore, after hearing her speak so often. I’m sure she’s a perfectly nice person, probably a good friend/teammate, but her talking heads make her seem less attractive.

• Love 9
22 minutes ago, kerrieway said:

Yes Maddie's midsection is looking very soft and would look better toned. 

How old is Amy? I can't tell...I'm assuming by some early comments that she is in her mid to late 20s. I wish she was my friend because somebody needs to do an intervention now. 

Amy, like the rest of us, didn't choose the face or skin color she was born with but does have some control over how gracefully she ages. She's got very little melanin and should take precautions with her skin, an abundance of water, SPF 50++ sunscreen are just the basics.

She should avoid the sun at all costs (and use parasols and solar sunglasses when she is out walking and) when not on the football field or at an event as she clearly already has an overexposure. She needs to hydrate her skin asap: face masks, eye masks, and she needs to drink more than her daily recommended amount of water and eliminate alcohol or smoking if she does smoke or drink, moisturize her skin: night creams and night oils on her face everyday, and she should be drinking green tea or taking antioxidants and collagen peptides.

She should also avoid overly dramatic facial movements when she's not cheering....crinkles create wrinkles and her cheerleading facial muscle memory may be causing her to oversmile and even wrinkle parts of her face and forehead when no one or just family and friends are around because she's just so used to making expressions. 

DCC will be over soon, but she'll have to live in her body for the rest of her life. 

Good lord, that sounds exhausting. 

Honestly, after sun exposure and smoking (which I very much doubt she does), the biggest contributer to premature aging is very low body fat. It's that old adage about eventually having to choose your face or your ass. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
31 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

Good lord, that sounds exhausting. 

Honestly, after sun exposure and smoking (which I very much doubt she does), the biggest contributer to premature aging is very low body fat. It's that old adage about eventually having to choose your face or your ass. 

You are hilarious and I love your comment. @rafibomb I honestly didn't know low body fact was so high on the list. I'd always been told and read that it was other factors like genetics, stress, and diet.

Anyhow, yes it can be a lot of hard work but if it isn't a big deal for someone then hey enjoy your life and carry on. 

Edited by kerrieway
47 minutes ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I can't believe they made Julia glam herself up and drag herself into practice with a concussion and headache.    Oh but they didn't make her dance, thanks for that at least!

Amy has no sex appeal   And neither does Mr Amy   

I think they had her do that cause they wanted to give her a “talking to” over her media training debacle...then her emotional breakdown spoiled their plan.  They have a conundrum right now cause they want to cut her (first cause of the media training and now cause of the breakdown - they are probably getting Méléna vibes that she was so terrified of getting cut that she acted like that like) but can’t cause it’s gonna look heartless cause of her accident.   

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Opine said:

Amy v Maddie - I think we just weren't shown some very pertinent parts.   From what we've seen Amy isn't the type to say "I am point" when she should be saying "Maddie and I are point".  Judy did introduce her as point and kind of brought up Maddie moving into the position as an after thought.  And every girl that came by hugged Amy and congratulated her.  I just think they were all given a clearer understanding that Amy will go down in history as THE point and Maddie is just another dancer that moves into that position.  I truly don't think it is Amy taking it upon herself to say "I am THE point".  I think WE may have heard shared point from our insiders for so long that we have made assumptions, not her.

But yeah, the after show convo between Kash and Amy when Amy sees the Caroline statement - AWWWWKKKKKWWWWAAARRRDDDDDDD

What convo are you referring to ???

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Mercurialsteph said:

Also Maddie ran out to meet a near-total stranger she’s known for like five weeks when she heard the girl was in a bad accident (was she even her leader?) meanwhile Amy acts like a stuck up you know what when she has to share point. I believe in good people getting good stuff especially if they have the talent to back it up so I hope Amy keeps messing up, gets removed from her 20 seconds and Maddie gets to stay as point this year AND next! 

My guess is that Maddie was already out and nearby where the accident was.   Julia probably texted in a group chat or something that she was in an accident and Maddie came over to it.  Still nice if her to do, but probably not as huge as her dropping everything to rush out no matter where it was as it sounds.

I thought Amy held her composure very well considering how that was handled.   The whole film crew going to Amy’s house could have been a setup to get some good drama as well and it fell flat, when she just acted excited and like it was no big deal that she has to share point.  Wonder why the didn’t film Maddie like that?

Of course the best way to handle would be for K&J to bring Maddie and Amy in to the office and explain the co-point thing to both of them together so they were prepared for what was going to happen and understood their reasoning and wouldn’t have an emotional reaction in front of anyone - but of cause they’d never do that - it would spoil all the potential drama.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

YES!

Julia was in an accident after media training? So she comes back and then they cut her?

The girls don't look shocked or at all concerned when they say "Julia's been in a car accident."

Judy said "Kat's late.." during the field entrance yet VK is behind Kat! 

Why would Melissa R. wear heels if she knew they would be on the field. And she's there often enough that they need to stop introducing her "champion of dancing with the stars..." Applause, fake excitement...! Just let her be there with K and J and a nice welcome would suffice.

The grandiose introductions everyone gets is ridiculous.  And the way they enter the space.  Just walk in like a person with Kelli and Judy for crying out loud.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

My guess is that Maddie was already out and nearby where the accident was.   Julia probably texted in a group chat or something that she was in an accident and Maddie came over to it.  Still nice if her to do, but probably not as huge as her dropping everything to rush out no matter where it was as it sounds.

I thought Amy held her composure very well considering how that was handled.   The whole film crew going to Amy’s house could have been a setup to get some good drama as well and it fell flat, when she just acted excited and like it was no big deal that she has to share point.  Wonder why the didn’t film Maddie like that?

Of course the best way to handle would be for K&J to bring Maddie and Amy in to the office and explain the co-point thing to both of them together so they were prepared for what was going to happen and understood their reasoning and wouldn’t have an emotional reaction in front of anyone - but of cause they’d never do that - it would spoil all the potential drama.

I can’t find this clip of Amy in her house telling her husband and kash... help 

3 hours ago, DancingDina13 said:

I hate  to say it but will anyway, Amy’s just not photogenic ... those close up camera shots were especially not flattering and she isn’t aging well even though she’s still fairly young. It also rubbed me the wrong way when she acted like she was solely chosen for point but It’s “cute” that Maddie gets a turn too. 

Maddie is awesome and all but looked really paunchy in this episode. 

Neither Amy nor Maddie are photogenic, video-genic or look even remotely like a DCC - and that is from head to toe.  That those two of all of them are the ones fighting over the point positon is just ridiculous to me.  They are both great dancers, but at some point it does come down to looking that part and neither of them do - like at all. 

A tiny part of me wonders if this whole shared point thing was a big setup to create drama and force one (or both) of them into retirement.    

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Neither Amy nor Maddie are photogenic, video-genic or look even remotely like a DCC - and that is from head to toe.  That those two of all of them are the ones fighting over the point positon is just ridiculous to me.  They are both good dancers, but at some point it does come down to looking that part and neither of them do - like a all. 

A tiny part of me wonders if this whole shared point thing was a big setup to create drama and force one (or both) of them into retirement.    

Amy already said while preparing for auditions this year this is her final year 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

I say drama.  Amy already planned on retiring after this year.  And Maddie will be kept around by K&J for as long as she remains the "good little DCC" that they helped to grow into a young woman.  She's a fan fave, their "hip hop" dancer and moldable.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I say drama.  Amy already planned on retiring after this year.  And Maddie will be kept around by K&J for as long as she remains the "good little DCC" that they helped to grow into a young woman.  She's a fan fave, their "hip hop" dancer and moldable.

Well they might want to mold her belly into shape cause she’s staring to look soft and puffy around the middle again.  Or at least she did in this episode.  Her face is chubby too.

They probably wanted to catch Amy saying something to indicate that she was upset about having to share point w/ Maddie on tape and she didn’t - so lol on them if that’s what they were up to.   Even Kashara phone call could have been part of the plan - and Kashara could have been in on it.

If Amy already retiring they may have felt she’d be an easy target - was gonna be done anyone so might as well use her for some drama.   Who knows - I thought they loved her though, but who knows.

Maddie shouldn’t be point either is the ironic thing.  Weren’t the girls saying “Gina” in that one little clip they showed of them talking about it?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
36 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Neither Amy nor Maddie are photogenic, video-genic or look even remotely like a DCC - and that is from head to toe.  That those two of all of them are the ones fighting over the point positon is just ridiculous to me.  They are both great dancers, but at some point it does come down to looking that part and neither of them do - like at all. 

Who said they were fighting? 

6 minutes ago, Duffer said:

Who said they were fighting? 

I don’t mean fighting as in the girls themselves fighting - but more like the two finalists that It is so hard for them to decide between they had to just give it to them both?  Like in all the history of the DCC was there never a point decision as close as this one where it they had to go such extremes?   Lol.  If it was THAT close how was Gina not even in the mix?   So she was a distant third between those two - lol.  And I don’t even think Gina has the look of a point dancer either, but she would be 200 times better than Amy or Maddie cause at least she has some sex appeal.   Smh. 

• Love 1

The more I watch Maddie during the kickline, the ore it hurts - she makes the kicks look like they take such effort, especially compared to a lot of the other girls.  I originally liked Maddie, but the more K&J bend the rules for her (her weight is not DCC ready) and the more they act like she's the second coming of a dance God, the more she annoys me and her looking like she struggles through the kickline bugs me when othr girls get that pulled up as a serious issue

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

The more I watch Maddie during the kickline, the ore it hurts - she makes the kicks look like they take such effort, especially compared to a lot of the other girls.  I originally liked Maddie, but the more K&J bend the rules for her (her weight is not DCC ready) and the more they act like she's the second coming of a dance God, the more she annoys me and her looking like she struggles through the kickline bugs me when othr girls get that pulled up as a serious issue

Don't say that on FB🤣.  She's a fave over there.  They love her hip hop style and just don't understand why she isn't on DCRB.  They are upset she has to share point with Amy.

Maddie is like VK and Meredith - they are "practically perfect in every way" in K&J's eyes and any thing they do wrong is just ignored. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

How old is Kat? I know she is at least 19, given she cheered for the Panthers (so she claimed) but she comes across too young and giggly.  as if she using laughter to cover up something or call attention to herself.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sATL said:

How old is Kat? I know she is at least 19, given she cheered for the Panthers (so she claimed) but she comes across too young and giggly.  as if she using laughter to cover up something or call attention to herself.

sooooo many of these ladies act like girls, far far too young for their age in many cases such as the ones over 20. I don't know if its a behavioural thing they take on, or if they're jusst so (in the majority of cases) sheltered and often privileged that they have never had to grow up.  I laughed so hard when one of the rookie candidates, don't remember which, was talking about being out in the real world for the first time - while standing in what appeared to be a luxury apartment that there was no way she was paying for alone or at all.

• Love 5
On 9/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, klopie said:

Here are the screen grabs I could get as far as stickers go. I find it interesting that all the group leaders cut Meredith, Madeline, and Lisa. Also interesting that Kashara cut Lisa as well. I'm thinking the rumors of her being a horrible teammate are true.

Chandi was only cut by Heather and Evan Miller so I'm not surprised she made it.

Julia literally has a sticker from everyone so I'm thinking there is a lot of truth behind Charlotte having an issue with her.

As much as Kat struggles, only Denise Dicharry and Travis Wall cut her so I guess it makes a little more sense why she made it now.

As little as we've seen of Kristin, only Charm and Denise cut her. I'm still so happy she makes it.

Lily was cut by Denise, Tyce, and Tess. Knowing she's such a locker room favorite, I'm surprised Tess wouldn't pick her.

Shaina was cut by Travis, Charm, Jen Colvin, and Amy so I'm not too surprised she was cut anymore.

Lastly, Taylor P was cut by Maddie, Kashara, and Jen Colvin which makes me wonder what kind of teammate she might be if only DCC and former DCC are cutting her.

Rookies.png

Rookies2.png

I'm catching up on posts...wanted to say thank you for posting this? is it possible to post all pics (if not already done)

I am absolutely SHOCKED that a TCC who did not any ANY support from the Group Leaders is on this team. If Kelli is so concerned about having a team without a toxic element, then Lisa should have been out, dance skill be damned. The lack of support speaks volumes, and there is clearly an issue with Lisa that has nothing to do with her dance skills. I know first hand the ripples of toxicity that can happen when you get someone who is ill intentioned on a well balanced team. 

and I read the lack of support for Meredith/Madeline as GL seeing the dance risk, not locker room risk.

Very unfortunate that Group Leaders only have impact when they are aligned with "upper management"

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

She has bad ballet technique and low kicks - also puffy and soft by DCC standards.   She’s good at the DCC style and tricks, so she is a an entertaining dancer, but she is far from perfect like most of them.   I’m just not a fan of her hype that’s for sure. 

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, sATL said:

According to an article I found, she’s 25. She cheered for the Charlotte Hornets Honey Bee’s as she mentioned during one of the first few episodes! Before that it looks like she danced for the UNC Charlotte Dance Team.

Are certain DCCs off limits in terms of criticism? We're all here for discussion and to express our opinions, so what's wrong with people saying they don't like Maddie for so and so reasons?

• Useful 3
  • Love 19

I don't understand how Meredith made this team. She can't do the DCC style, can't retain choreography, is dumb as a rock, blew her interview, and not a single group leader would put her on their team. Yet she was gifted a spot that she absolutely did not deserve. Is she a member of the Jones family or something?? If I were someone like Madeline S or Julia who had great potential but was cut, the fact that they put Meredith on the team would be enough to prevent me from coming back next year, just on principle. I can't see Meredith even lasting through a full season. She is way out of her league.

• Love 19
25 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Since when did we become the “we don’t like Maddie” board.

I and others on this board enjoy Maddie’s dancing, look, and her personality.  She has grown into a great leader (dictator, LOL) and from what I have seen of the groups this year, her group looks the strongest.  Kelly and Judy spelled out why they like her, she is strong in the DCC style, dependable and does not mess up!

I don't think we are on the I don't like Maddie train. I personally like her but the thing is that when K & J speak highly of someone  that person is going to get extra attention on the board and elsewhere as people are going to debate whether they are really "that good" and see how they compare to past and present vets.

And gottta be honest Maddie does have 1 or 2 things that make her an easy target. She does keep doing the same hip hop return every year and she does look soft in the middle. Other than that I'd say she's golden.  

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

According to an article I found, she’s 25. She cheered for the Charlotte Hornets Honey Bee’s as she mentioned during one of the first few episodes! Before that it looks like she danced for the UNC Charlotte Dance Team.

👩‍🎓College??? 25?? I'll be dammed..

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, aimeelou625 said:

Since when did we become the “we don’t like Maddie” board.

I and others on this board enjoy Maddie’s dancing, look, and her personality.  She has grown into a great leader (dictator, LOL) and from what I have seen of the groups this year, her group looks the strongest.  Kelly and Judy spelled out why they like her, she is strong in the DCC style, dependable and does not mess up!

are we not allowed to criticize or dislike certain DCC all of a sudden? who makes the decision as to who does or doesn't make that list?

I don't 'hate' Maddie. I dislike how she is treated in a way that is different to most of the others - she would be called fat if hse were any other DCC. KaShara struggled for years being told off about her weight, while Maddie gets away scot free with being thick int he middle in a way the other girls don't.  Her kicks are not great, yet that is never mentioned and it is obvious in her face how much of an effort it is for her, yet if she were another dancer that'd be mentioned by TPTB.
is she entertaining? sure. is that, however, held up by K&J as the only thing you need to get on the team? no.

• Love 11

Maddie definitely needs to do a different solo at the next audition.  I think she was probably told she would close out solos at auditions (speculation only) and to please end with something like the previous year.  The other 3 years, her audition pieces were not hip hop related in any way and were very well done.

• Love 8

Are the "rules" of the media training given to the TCC before what we see during the eposide?

On most of the talk shows I.ve seen and especially podcasts,  the guests are at the mike b/c of their specialty,  talent, a niche,  or personal situation like family,  health,  charity.

Why ask a cheerleader/dancer, and/or someone who has another profession or currently in school about  the 2020 political conventions? Too many other questions  could have be asked.

I also didn't  care for the trick question on nick Foles.  regardless of whose team nick is/was on, a cheerleader  isn't isn't an authority on nfl personnel contract trades.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 13
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

I also didn't  care for the trick question on nick Foles.  regardless of whose team nick is/was on, a cheerleader  isn't isn't an authority on nfl personnel contract trades.

I don't know if they have done it in previous years, but this year they have Kristi Scales riding in the bus on the way to the stadium lecturing the girls about the upcoming game.  Because you never know when the girls will be pulled out of the halftime show to answer a question about who is playing or how the first half went down.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, CaseyRe said:

are we not allowed to criticize or dislike certain DCC all of a sudden? who makes the decision as to who does or doesn't make that list?

I don't 'hate' Maddie. I dislike how she is treated in a way that is different to most of the others - she would be called fat if hse were any other DCC. KaShara struggled for years being told off about her weight, while Maddie gets away scot free with being thick int he middle in a way the other girls don't.  Her kicks are not great, yet that is never mentioned and it is obvious in her face how much of an effort it is for her, yet if she were another dancer that'd be mentioned by TPTB.
is she entertaining? sure. is that, however, held up by K&J as the only thing you need to get on the team? no.

No one is saying you are not allowed to have your own opinion or state it, everyone has one.  And to each their own.  I’m glad we have the ability discuss our opinions.  

My comment wasn’t about the Maddie topic, more the discussion of the other board and she’s a favorite there.  Like there is no possibility she might be here. 

I guess I should have stated that instead...

• Love 1
1 hour ago, glossy said:

Are certain DCCs off limits in terms of criticism? We're all here for discussion and to express our opinions, so what's wrong with people saying they don't like Maddie for so and so reasons?

It's also possible to like Maddie just fine, but disagree with her being/sharing point (which somehow translates into "hating" her). I think Maddie certainly deserves her spot on the team and she's earned a leadership role, I just wouldn't choose her as the front-and-center face of the team.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

LOL...so much negativity against Maddie.

One only need look at the reactions of other tryout candidates during final auditions, in season 14 episode 3, to ascertain what an amazing dancer she is. 

What is "real" hip-hop dancing as opposed to the "fake" that Maddie apparently does? What are the metrics for the hip-hop dancing "realness"? This inquiring mind would like to know.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

Maddie definitely needs to do a different solo at the next audition.  I think she was probably told she would close out solos at auditions (speculation only) and to please end with something like the previous year.  The other 3 years, her audition pieces were not hip hop related in any way and were very well done.

Yeah I don't know why it is said that Maddie does the same old hip hop every year. I mean sure she has done it the past two years in a row, which maybe isn't great, but she hasn't done the same thing every single year. Maybe because she got such a great response last year, she decided to do something similar this year. I feel like they don't show a lot of hip hop routines nowadays anyway. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WaterSpirit said:

I'm catching up on posts...wanted to say thank you for posting this? is it possible to post all pics (if not already done)

I am absolutely SHOCKED that a TCC who did not any ANY support from the Group Leaders is on this team. If Kelli is so concerned about having a team without a toxic element, then Lisa should have been out, dance skill be damned. The lack of support speaks volumes, and there is clearly an issue with Lisa that has nothing to do with her dance skills. I know first hand the ripples of toxicity that can happen when you get someone who is ill intentioned on a well balanced team. 

and I read the lack of support for Meredith/Madeline as GL seeing the dance risk, not locker room risk.

Very unfortunate that Group Leaders only have impact when they are aligned with "upper management"

"As much as Kat struggles, only Denise Dicharry and Travis Wall cut her so I guess it makes a little more sense why she made it now."

I'm beginning to think that they've cut this show to create uncertainty around Kat when there shouldn't be any. All these people support her with those stickers. She must look better than what we're being shown. Last night, Kelli even said something like "I love watching Kat on the field". Did they create drama around her to make her more of a standout later when she's on the team? Same with Meredith (bonus for them she is a natural waterworks...). Anyway, they're both way more striking than most of the rest of the rookies. It's just super suspicious that these two are always hanging in the balance, but then not really...

And I thought most of the girls were lame at the media - and the girl who SWORE and got bleeped... OMG... why didn't she get pulled in to the office? Miss Prim and Miss Proper K and J have to be called ma'am and tear into a girl for crying in the bathroom but they let it slide that someone cursed in a media roleplay. WTF?

• Love 5

Meh...I’d say Maddie and Amy are great dancers for pint but just don’t have the look.  I’d like to see Rachel W as point.   Now Kat saying she could be there one day at point made lol and spit my drink out.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Oh Amy. “I’m point, guess what, it’s amazing!?!” And then to dismiss Maddie getting co point as “cute”? Bless your messed up steps and over inflated ego. 

Preach! When Amy was going on & on to her husband & KaShara about getting point I was like "umm hello, what about Maddie?". Sure we saw her eventually mention sharing with Maddie to Kashara, but she still sounded like she was bragging a bit too much.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sATL said:

But the question was, how do you feel about Nick Foles coming to the Cowboys? If she were keeping track, she would have known it wasn't true--and that was the point of the "trick question". They're tring to find out if you're still keeping up with the team's news--reaffirming that DCC are ambassadors for the football TEAM & organization. 

Edited by Reveala
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:

Preach! When Amy was going on & on to her husband & KaShara about getting point I was like "umm hello, what about Maddie?". Sure we saw her eventually mention sharing with Maddie to Kashara, but she still sounded like she was bragging a bit too much.

Yeah, but if you can't brag to your husband and best friend, then who can you brag to?  He's been very supportive of her following this dream and Kash and Amy were rookie sisters.  If it's true she wasn't expecting it, she might still be in "point-shock" as Kelli would say.

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Pksbena1 said:

I hope you are right about Julia. I am surprised Kelli felt what Julia said during media training wasn’t meant the way it came out. I agree. I think she was nervous and talked without really thinking.

The fact that she was so petrified when she was called into Kelli’s office was alarming to me. She was so panicked. I felt so bad for her!!! And, after a major car accident.... Why does it have to be this stressful?  TPTB know who they want. Put these girls out of their misery and just chose your team! 

I felt bad for Julia as well. I think the combo of the stress of training camp and her car accident had her really freaked out & that's what made her so emotional. I noticed that when she was sitting in the practice room watching the other girls that she looked really tired and like she was holding back tears. Plus she did say her mild concussion had her feeling foggy and she was probably aching all over. I once got rear-ended in a chain reaction car accident and I was sore for about a week after. Being ill or injured can make a stressful situation seem much rougher than it normally would be and I think she just got overwhelmed. I am glad that K&J didn't bring up the media training with her. They would have really looked like bullies if they'd gone after a girl recovering from a car accident. 

• Love 10
42 minutes ago, Reveala said:

But the question was, how do you feel about Nick Foles coming to the Cowboys? If she were keeping track, she would have known it wasn't true--and that was the point of the "trick question". They're tring to find out if you're still keeping up with the team's news--reaffirming that DCC are ambassadors for the football TEAM & organization. 

Stuff like that is a little cruel.  Honestly, the vast majority of dancer types don’t know squat about football.   I bet most of them can barely follow a game cause they have very little interest and don’t even know who Nick Foles is - they want to dance and perform and they don’t care much about the game itself.   SHOULD they know more, of course - but for most it would be a chore - almost like having to learn something you don’t want to learn just so you can pass a test in school.

But people are always looking to exploit and make fun of the “pretty cheerleader doesn’t know anything at all about the game she’s cheering for” stereotype, so they got to be on their toes and not say stupid stuff like Meredith did.   Kudos to VK for knowing the answer and handling it well.   I wonder if she actually likes football and knows the players of the league or if she was just well prepared?

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4
22 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Stuff like that is a little cruel.  Honestly, the vast majority of dancer types don’t know squat about football.   I bet most of them can barely follow a game cause they have very little interest and don’t even know who Nick Foles is - they want to dance and perform and they don’t care much about the game itself.   SHOULD they know more, of course - but for most it would be a chore - almost like having to learn something you don’t want to learn just so you can pass a test in school.

But people are always looking to exploit and make fun of the “pretty cheerleader doesn’t know anything at all about the game she’s cheering for” stereotype, so they got to be on their toes and not say stupid stuff like Meredith did.   Kudos to VK for knowing the answer and handling it well.   I wonder if she actually likes football and knows the players of the league or if she was just well prepared?

I am sure she knew the question before the segment and was given the answers ahead of time. You don't  go from last years I have no words to some smart savvy media dream in less than a year, I don't  care who you are. 

• Love 15

Julia had been so strong all training camp. Sucks her response to a question on media day ruined all her hard work. She tanked it but she wasn’t the only one. If she was concussed during media day and could use that as an excuse for her media day response, who would be cut Kat, Meredith or still Julia? 

Edited by MamaMia
  • Love 3
24 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I don’t mind them having two; I just think they should’ve announced it differently. Not ‘Amy, you’re point. And oh, Maddie is at the end.’  More ‘we’re going to try something a little different this year’ kind of thing. 

They definitely made it seem like were announcing Amy as “the” point. It would be jarring and deflating to realize it’s only for a small amount of time. 

I cheered small scale, middle and high school, minor competitions, and everyone cared about who was near the front and right in front. It’s silly to think these girls wouldn’t care and be excited/disappointed by their positions. 

• Love 7