Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

10 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

VK has excellent extension in her arms, legs and hips and it’s on full display in this dance.  No dancer is perfect at everything, but this video showcases what she does well.

How she holds her hands is impeccable too.  Wish my daughter could get hers like that - it would provide me with so many more good pictures.  I’ve had so many what would be perfect photos ruined by a goofy hand.  

She does have nice extension and she's a fine dancer.  However she does lack core strength. Her movements appear heavier. To continually improve, as dancers should strive to do, she needs to work on superior control and intentional placement. 

• Love 9

Yeah I need my tall girls to be quiet! Lol I've never heard of people being jealous of tall, outgoing girls. Maybe models. I've definitely heard of people making fun of really tall girls, not that it's right. Now I've wished I was taller sometimes but for the most part I'm happy being only 5'1" and not outgoing. Lol I've gotten plenty of attention too in spite of it I guess. 

But I get what they're saying about VK obstructing people's views and that's it. 

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added something
  • LOL 3
  • Love 16
41 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I’m starting to doubt that VK is even really that tall?

I think you may have been looking from deceptive camera angles, she's just slightly shorter than Tess, you can see that she's taller than Taylor & Madeline..

image.png.b36f3512a6c8533b3b1b43d0db2d4e50.png

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Bellisima08 said:
22 hours ago, Muckypup61 said:

Victoria Smile.jpg

Maddie looks like a natural all-American girl. VK looks like a Stepford wife.

I love her hair here.  I think all the bleach they used this year paired with loads of hairspray is what's making her hair look messy.  It's being damaged to hell and back!

21 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I've wished I was taller sometimes

My best friend in HS was almost 6' tall and I hated her, because of her height she was able to eat sooo much more than me and still be much thinner 😞 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I love her hair here.  I think all the bleach they used this year paired with loads of hairspray is what's making her hair look messy.  It's being damaged to hell and back!

My best friend in HS was almost 6' tall and I hated her, because of her height she was able to eat sooo much more than me and still be much thinner 😞 

I agree the makeup and the last extensions are a bit much, as is the bleached blonde hair, but that’s what’s in nowadays w/ the young girls.  I mean around me you got girls w/ pink hair, gray hair, 4 inch roots on purpose - huge fake eyebrows and insane lashes.   Not mention the fake tans.  The natural look really isn’t in even though us older ladies think it looks ridiculous.

VK is very pretty - and her heavy makeup and take lashes fits in  w/ today’s standards for a 19 year old.   I agree her hair cut is a little dated, but isn’t that how Dallas is?  Always 3-4 years behind NYC, etc. when it comes to hairstyles?

• Love 3

I remember Kinzie being a taller dancer and usually settling in the back during the large group rehearsals.  I never could determine if she did it because she was one of the shyer girls or if she was giving some of those super petit girls a chance to see the instruction from close up. 

I have friends who are over 6 feet and I agree that they are viewed as overly aggressive or attention seeking when they are louder.  Totally unfair. 

I have never had a problem or even Given it a second thought when Victoria moves to the front to learn choreography. I’ve always seen that as she is extremely eager to learn. I did have an issue with her in the front during the tour only because she was in that locker room the year before. She was one of the later cuts and she definitely had a few days on the field and therefore was in that locker room.

it is sad that Kelli and TPTB have made her such a divisive element. If they didn’t force her as a feature so often, I don’t think she would garner as much of the vitriol she gets on these forums. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

I could tell VK wobbled so I checked in slow-mo, at .30 (on twitter) when they land, the other 2 in the back hold their landing perfectly, but VK’s landing does not hold. Her landing foot moves and wobbles. She almost lost the landing again.  

Edited by Jazzmom
Add twitter
  • LOL 4
  • Love 14
6 minutes ago, Muckypup61 said:
  • Don't envy VK for her height, for her personality, her dance abilities, or her looks. If anything, I pity her. She was GIVEN her spot on this team because of who she is, and who she knows. She didn't EARN it in any shape, form or fashion, like 99% of the rest of these young women have to do. THAT'S why I do not care for VK. And no amount of Kelli, and CMT, shoving her in my face; and praising her "greatness", will change that.

She did earn it cause she 1. can dance good enough to be on the team and make show group as a rookie, and 2. she lost weight and 3. she toned down the immaturity - everyone on the show, both long term people, guests and GLs clearly agree.   She has every sticker possible.

VK went to dance classes and put in work to improve at the DCC style and now has it down - just like Erin and Maddie did after they were cut their first year yet they are praised and credited for their hard work, but VK is not?  Why is that?

VK also put in work to lose a significant amount weight which is honestly something that doesn’t happen a lot on the show.   Gabby was on WW all last year and still came back heavy.

• LOL 17
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

She did earn it cause she 1. can dance good enough to be on the team and make show group as a rookie, and 2. she lost weight and 3. she toned down the immaturity - everyone on the show, both long term people, guests and GLs clearly agree.   She has every sticker possible.

VK went to dance classes and put in work to improve at the DCC style and now has it down - just like Erin and Maddie did after they were cut their first year yet they are praised and credited for their hard work, but VK is not?  Why is that?

VK also put in work to lose a significant amount weight which is honestly something that doesn’t happen a lot on the show.   Gabby was on WW all last year and still came back heavy

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, Lolfordays said:

Texas or not, it is a really inappropriate thing in a professional business setting.

I disagree. As a nurse, the hospital has the pastor talk to us all the time. I’m in Texas, so maybe it’s just well received and appreciated here. I wouldn’t say it’s inappropriate at all. Most would consider it compassionate 

• Love 14

I realize that it was a pastor speaking, but honestly, what he said was not religious, just uplifting and motivational. I didn’t hear any specific religious undertones at all. I’m sure he could have done that off camera, but what was shown wasn’t exactly “religious”. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I had three friends in college who were 6'5", 6'4" and 6'2".  Not only could they eat a ton and not gain weight, when they were pregnant, they had little to no pains with the baby. Mainly because there was so much freaking room in their torso for the kid to develop and hang out. 

Being tall is great.  Being tall and not blocking every from view is polite.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
38 minutes ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

I disagree. As a nurse, the hospital has the pastor talk to us all the time. I’m in Texas, so maybe it’s just well received and appreciated here. I wouldn’t say it’s inappropriate at all. Most would consider it compassionate 

I agree and Kelli didn’t bring in her pastor to make anybody convert. The pastoral care staff at my hospital is there to provide sacraments, pray with, etc to people who request them bit also to counsel and comfort without trying to do any religious conversion. I feel like Kelli was trying to bring in someone to help them with grief, not force or accuse to convert or declare anything. Crass to film t though. 

Ok I do agree VK got in shape and toned it down. Does better with dance but geez I feel like she’s still shoved down our throats so bad.

Also Abigail as model DCC? She was on weight watch, eh ok but not amazing dancer and fraternize after she left for a hot second (totally set up for publicity btw). She was just gorgeous that’s about it. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:
  • Don't envy VK for her height, for her personality, her dance abilities, or her looks. If anything, I pity her. She'll never know, or have, the satisfaction of something well-earned through hard work and perseverance. She was GIVEN her spot on this team because of who she is, and who she knows. She didn't EARN it in any shape, form or fashion, like 99% of the rest of these young women have to do. THAT'S why I do not care for VK. And no amount of Kelli, and CMT, shoving her in my face; and praising her "greatness", will change that.

I agree.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Matilda said:

Lose weight or lose your job is a pretty standard rule for professional dancers - Broadway, Ballet, etc. I know it's hard to hear and see on TV when they harsh on a woman's weight, but that's what directors are thinking and saying to each other in dance auditions across the spectrum. The funny thing for me is that I do Bikram yoga and these hot young (not me) Bikram instructors have fierce, zero fat bodies, but often abs are so developed they have a curve to their tummy. When you can count some of the DCC women's ribs, you know they've lost weight for flat stomach, but they have don't have a great core.

This month I saw the DCC perform live at a Cowboys game.  I also saw the national tour of Phantom of the Opera.  There was not a single dancer in PotA who had a body like we see from Daphne or Gina, or any of the others whose ribs show because they are so skinny.  The professional dancers were very slim, but I would venture to guess each of them would be cut in DCC auditions for "not looking their best".  It looks to me the standards are very different between these two groups, at least.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, sugarplum said:

I realize that it was a pastor speaking, but honestly, what he said was not religious, just uplifting and motivational. I didn’t hear any specific religious undertones at all. I’m sure he could have done that off camera, but what was shown wasn’t exactly “religious”. 

I agree.  I'm one of those "please leave Jesus out of it" kind of people.  But he had a universal message that would fit any group, religion or non-religion.  Be nice to people.  Support people who are struggling.  Reach out to people when you can. You never know when a person is struggling, so be kind.  That wasn't so much religious as reminding people to be nice.

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Crass to film t though. 

This is exactly my point. Having this on the field right before the first field practice was totally inappropriate. Do it in private! Grief is NOT a photo opp.

And Kelli, do not give Shaina that “eat 💩“ look as she is thanking you because a) you are pissed Shaina did not break down like you wanted, and b) you’re impatient to get on with rehearsal. 

• Love 17
On 9/25/2019 at 6:32 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I know a few years ago they made the shorts with more coverage, but the look shorter and lower again.    I think they're not as tiny as during the Jenna years, but still a more flattering length, and waist (hip ?) line that the taller shorts were. 

Re: the clip of the girls in red. It was beautiful. The dress grab was distracting but I blame the coach/choreographer. It should have been corrected well before the video was made. 

• Love 5

I watched the episode again today and want to say Chandi looks great doing the entrance.  She’s tiny, but she has those really long nice legs like Jenna did and that looks great with the entrance when done right.   I even think I heard one of the vets compliment her on her legs.

I’m still liking Julia and think she looks great, but I think Keli and Judy were making some negative comments about her field performance.

When Christina was praised for dancing great on the 50 yard line the thing I noticed more about her than good dancing was how skinny she was.   I think she’s lost weight.

• Love 5

To the person who thinks Maddie should smooth her hair.  I had hair similar to Maddie's.  Not quite as curly, but almost.  It would be a TON of work to blow dry straight and then flat iron and/or curl it.  Plus, the minute she started to sweat at all, the hair would start to kink back up.   Trust me, it's a bad look.   I tried it during the summer, went into a very hot building for work and little pieces of hair around my hairline started to curl, while the rest was straight.   I like the way she looks.  Off topic, but I lost my hair due to chemo and when it came back, it was straighter than a board.  Not a bit of curl in it.

But I think Maddie is great at point!  I also do not see how Meredith and Kat made the team. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

Nope, mixing religion in a secular workplace is very inappropriate as you leave people no choice

1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

I agree.  I'm one of those "please leave Jesus out of it" kind of people.  But he had a universal message that would fit any group, religion or non-religion.  Be nice to people.  Support people who are struggling.  Reach out to people when you can. You never know when a person is struggling, so be kind.  That wasn't so much religious as reminding people to be nice.

True, the message was great. Much better than a few seasons ago when Kelli started quoting scripture.  

• Love 8
On 9/27/2019 at 1:22 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Pretty, look good in the uniform, can be hidden in the formations/choreo, speak well in public? (Guesses)

I do think those are some reasons. I remember back in S7 with Emily: one of the things brought up about her was she was "really pretty." She was only on DCC for one season, maybe by choice, maybe by suggestion, but she had trouble the entire TC for not getting DCC style. 

I just know there's some reason they released Madeline, Shaina (and others) from TC but kept Kat, Meredith and Lily whom DCC:MTT are showcasing as weak. (And yes, we know there's a drama element to the hyping of the underdogs too.) I just wish they'd show us as the viewers more of what the reasons and reasoning were for keeping them were. 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

Is it just me or was that a mess? The stage looked very small for 10 girls.

Heather went wrong, her kicks look low and she fell out of her splits. Everyone, even Bridget and Gina, looked a little energy zapped. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Matilda said:

+1 I think it's a great she's striking out on her own (and honestly to Kelli's credit - Kelli seems to love and encourage her daughter to be herself not Kelli 2.0) All I know about Sam is her instagram, and the worst thing I can say about her is she's BFFs with Victoria and hasn't seemed to convince tell her friend that she needs to take the makeup, lashes, teeth, hair color down a notch. 

Striking out on her own? She’s ended up with some kind of job with dcc after “interning” with cmt. I’m glad she has bigger dreams than dcc, but she’s hardly an example of an independent young woman finding her own path.

9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Wow.   So taller girls are required to walk in the back of any group or it’s rude?   Back to my theory that people just tend to dislike taller women who actually are outgoing and bold as opposed to quiet and reserved.  I think it’s a subconscious jealousy over the attention they get honestly.

Also from that latest dance video of them in red dresses I’m starting to doubt that VK is even really that tall?  She looks to be the same height as Madeline M and Taylor???  Are they all 5’9”?  Madeline M always seemed kind of shorter to me.l

No one said tall girls need to be quiet or shoved in the back. But when you tour something you don’t get up front when you know people behind you can’t see anything because of you. Especially when you get a private tour of something you’ve already seen so there’s no reason for you to be up front. It’s common courtesy, whether you’re 6’ or 5’5” with a very petite person behind you.

7 hours ago, Fwcowboysfan said:

It makes more sense in such an environment. And I bet you don’t have cameras shoved in your face while he’s offering counsel! Aand you’re not forced to talk about your feeling in front of said cameras.

6 hours ago, Duffer said:

Re: the clip of the girls in red. It was beautiful. The dress grab was distracting but I blame the coach/choreographer. It should have been corrected well before the video was made. 

Who would dare to correct little miss perfection???

• Love 11
44 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

Heather went wrong, her kicks look low and she fell out of her splits. Everyone, even Bridget and Gina, looked a little energy zapped. 

There are different girls in each video. The first video has Vickie, Kelsey, Rachel and Hannah but the second, with the splits, has Ashley, Bridget, Daphne and Caroline in their places.

Is it normal for them to switch dancers during a show group performance?

20190930_223919.jpg

20190930_223957.jpg

Edited by Jesiklyn
Extra info
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I thought the country dancing-style footwork at the beginning of the second video was a mess. The lines looked wonky, too.

Edited by ExtremeFajitas
  • Love 1

Yes we do have ministers, priests, etc on staff in hospitals but they have had several more years in chaplaincy speciality where focus is not on getting right with Jesus or altar calls.  Not all ministers etc know how to be neutral as there are even non practicing or falling away people or even atheists.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I agree the makeup and the last extensions are a bit much, as is the bleached blonde hair, but that’s what’s in nowadays w/ the young girls.  

Did you mean "lash" instead of "last?"  Because if they gave her hair extensions, IMO that would be stupid, she has good thick heavy hair & doesn't need them.  In fact, didn't she have extensions last year that were taken out?  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Also Abigail as model DCC? She was on weight watch, eh ok but not amazing dancer and fraternize after she left for a hot second (totally set up for publicity btw). She was just gorgeous that’s about it. 

Abigail Klein seems to be taking heat for something she had nothing to do with. I didn't see it as Abigail Klein worship as much as I saw it as another opportunity for Victoria having more air time. If Abigail hadn't been Victoria's Big Buddy, or whatever they were called, then she wouldn't have been mentioned. Whoever had been Victoria's Big Buddy would have been featured and given those accolades by Victoria. IMHO.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Love the boards but passed on the usual VK posts. ...  So that being said Friday night I was prepared to be bored by the usual Kat freak out and Meredith crying and Christina excuses (reminded me of training camp) anyway

The last 15 minutes of the show changed my mind

Kat and Meredith had it going on with the routines on the field ... I couldn't believe I was watching the same two from last week's episode ...its like something clicked.  Yes the kick line was a disaster but I think that is fixable

Christina ... have to give her credit ...she stepped up her game I dont remember seeing her that confident and sharp on the field.  Maybe that 8-5 job was messing with her and the 1 hour long travel each way 

Madeline - she is clean but has no pop.  Amy thought she should have completed the dance program and then tried out . She reminded me of Brennan season 12 knew the routine but very boring. Now I know why she was cut. ...Just needs more time .. Both J&K want her to come back.  Did not get a negative vibe from them at all.

Julia - never really noticed her maybe that is the problem and then when you saw her in the dance line on the field she does not match the others she was dancing with .... 

My girl Victoria ....staying under the radar and not looking to have that camera in her face. Anytime she was on camera ... it was not obnoxious ... sorry ... I like her and once she gets a year under her belt she will be better.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Yetta said:

To the person who thinks Maddie should smooth her hair.  I had hair similar to Maddie's.  Not quite as curly, but almost.  It would be a TON of work to blow dry straight and then flat iron and/or curl it.  Plus, the minute she started to sweat at all, the hair would start to kink back up.   Trust me, it's a bad look.   I tried it during the summer, went into a very hot building for work and little pieces of hair around my hairline started to curl, while the rest was straight.   I like the way she looks.  Off topic, but I lost my hair due to chemo and when it came back, it was straighter than a board.  Not a bit of curl in it.

But I think Maddie is great at point!  I also do not see how Meredith and Kat made the team. 

Agree with you.  I have the same hair as Maddie and I do have my hairdresser straighten it once in a while. Nita a lot of work and any sweat makes it curl.   Plus it’s nice to see someone with curly hair as point. I get annoyed with everyone saying straight hair is better.  I get a lot of compliments on my curly hair.  Most people wish they had hair like mine.  

• Love 10
14 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think you may have been looking from deceptive camera angles, she's just slightly shorter than Tess, you can see that she's taller than Taylor & Madeline..

image.png.b36f3512a6c8533b3b1b43d0db2d4e50.png

She's (Victoria) 5'9...she answered the question when I asked her on IG. 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

I could tell VK wobbled so I checked in slow-mo, at .30 (on twitter) when they land, the other 2 in the back hold their landing perfectly, but VK’s landing does not hold. Her landing foot moves and wobbles. She almost lost the landing again.  

I don't know much about dance but I can say that in this photo - she does not appear to be properly turning out like the other 3 girls. 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, kerrieway said:

Yeah I always feel sorry for siblings when one is really hot and the other isn't . Kelli's son is more attractive but it's harder to compare when they are two different genders. Those bushy eyebrows don't look good on women and Sam's eye shape is prettier and rounder when her brother's eyes are narrower, however his lip shape and hair thickness is better. Also, when you put them side by side he and Sam actually look a lot alike and Sam does look like Kelli.

However, if Sam wanted to be DCC ready all she'd have to do is lose weight, get her eyebrows professional threaded, shaded and maybe microbladed in one or two areas if necessary and she'd be more than fine. 

36525089_302636650279284_620489806379483136_n(1).jpg

37145987_431139400739061_9059912998977536000_n.jpg

43984381_1715231655269025_3317105051562146437_n.jpg

I want to say that I think Sam is darling.  She just doesn’t smolder.   Kelli smolders as does her son.

• Love 7