Type keyword(s) to search

2019 Auditions, Finals, and Training Camp Spoilers

Drogo
  • Start Topic

59 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Thank you!

Talk to us, Marshall!

I want to know more about your kilt. I don't think I'd ever let them touch my hair.  I see a flat iron and I run.  I guess they are more into the straighten the hair then use a curling iron to do loose curls.  No blow outs for me.

21 minutes ago, DCCdreams said:

Yes Marshall is. I go to Tangerine and he is very sweet. Everyone loves him.

That's good to hear.  Is Tangerine a chain or just one location? Frisco always seems like its the edge of the world to me. I know its gotten huge over the past few decades but it always seems so far from the center of things.

• LOL 1
14 hours ago, Pau84 said:

I fear that we will lose her and Jalyn next year. 

😭

I don’t.  Gina, to me, seems all about appearances and status. I think she’ll stay until she get point.  

7 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

And it doesn’t look like he’s actually following the posts, he just searches for mentions of his name... buut I thought our opinions are irrelevant?

We should just type his name randomly for no reason to mess up his search, force him to join in on the convo.  Marshal Marshal Marshal!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jennv said:

I hate the way Lily talks, but I can’t exactly place what it is that is so grating about it. She just has a weird manner of speaking that I find annoying. 

And she always sounds as though she's reciting lines she memorized or is reading off of a cue card instead of just speaking naturally. Her delivery is flat. The only emotion we get is when she's crying or trying not to. No enthusiasm, no pep, no enjoyment, no inflections whatsoever in her speech pattern. She looks uncomfortable. So how would that make her a good ambassador for the team? Even after the makeover her hair still looks fried and her face does look old this season. And what's with the girls with the red makeup around the eyes. even in the inner corner? That only makes it look like they are tired, aging, living hard possibly with drink and/or drugs. Excuse me if that's the fashion now. I'm older and I remember the fads women in my generation went through with makeup, hair and clothes. Many of them would look ridiculous now, but red around the eyes is a no-no. In the theatre, they use the red liner, makeup to age the eyes under the lights. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

That's good to hear.  Is Tangerine a chain or just one location? Frisco always seems like its the edge of the world to me. I know its gotten huge over the past few decades but it always seems so far from the center of things.

Small chain! The Frisco location is a newer one tho. Was the first salon the one off Forest Lane in Dallas?  I was SO PSYCHED when they opened the Trader Joe’s in that area and I think that was the location they used when they first started the partnership. (For reference, I’m talking about the southern most location. The one at The Star is middle top, north of Carrollton.)

6184FCF7-8E77-44D2-9DB3-DD2998F20E8E.jpeg

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Guess they were getting ready to cut her?  Too much competition for VK!

Did you see her photo? I paused it as much as possible to look at the stickers on their cards. She had just as many as VK, I think or maybe one less, but many of the others had fewer stickers and Madeline and Meredith each had only 2. It's mind boggling. The only possible explanation, unless something really horrible happens in her personal behavior next week, is that Kelli prefers the look of some candidates over Julia. Also with regard to the field entrance, they never focused in on VK, even though she has been shoved down our throats for 2 seasons now, and is featured in all the promos and couldn't seem to shut her yap during the stadium tour, etc. So whether or not she messed up, we'll never know. But for some rookies, it looked like they were looking for excuses to get rid of them. Meredith did look better tonight, but if they had been realistic and honest, even with all of her training and her pretty face, they should have told her to work on getting the proper style and try again next year. Maybe they just felt they had too many blondes. We didn't hear much about Julia from the group leaders, but the fact that none of them gave Meredith a sticker should have told K&J right then and there that the leaders on the team did not consider her ready no matter how pretty  she is, how nice, or how many years of ballet she has had. I think she's pretty and looks good in the uniform. She has some lovely form and posture, but she isn't picking up the choreography quickly and for all her ballet seems to have balance problems and stumble over her own feet a lot. 

Julia was robbed. I also noticed that Chandi had maybe only half the stickers some of the others did. I like her and I'm glad she made it, but that surprised me. Again, we only see what the editors (Kelli) want us to see in terms of how they're performing, but it was interesting to see she didn't have many stickers. And Taylor's photo wasn't prominently visible so I'm not sure how she scored. Kat did have a lot of stickers for someone who also has trouble picking up the dances. And it bothers me that she, like VK, seems to just run her mouth. They both need an "off" switch. Okay, take a breath and let someone else talk now. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Lily80 said:

I don't understand what Christina's job is. What is a recruiter for a staffing agency?

She's a head-hunter...it has a high 'sales' component and can be very stressful. I liked her more tonight.

3 hours ago, Lily80 said:

I see why Madeline was cut now. She's adorable though, and I hope she comes back.

It became very clear with her dancing next to Gina, who never misses a move. In the GL meeting in K/J office Amy said Madeline would be a much stronger dancer next year if she finished the college program...that may have sealed Madeline's fate.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

They all look great here! It almost makes you forget about the awful jump split!

They all look great but Maddie.  Her at point ruins that photo for me.    She just doesn’t have a point girl look (and neither does Amy) and it’s just never going to look right to me.  I hope her and Amy retire after this season so much.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Leia1021 said:

Nope. Maddie looks great, too. And the next person who calls her "thick", I'll be referring them to this picture.

I think she’s cute. And she gets prettier every year. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 20

Lily is like this seasons Brennan.  Seems really sweet and can technically dance, but isn’t fun to watch and has horrible stiff facial expressions.   A little too skinny and has that always stressed about getting cut personality too.

Guess the team needs skinny blonde blenders who can dance though - they can scatter them among the more interesting types like the great dancers w/ weight issues, or the stunning/exotic beauties who can’t dance - throw enough skinny ones who don’t make any mistakes into the mix and it makes the squad look thinner and better on average.   Them being that generic light blonde can also serve to confuse the fans - and distract them away from girls on WW, etc. 

This episode was kind of boring to me.   All that weeping over the locker room was a little too much to me.   Like whatever, it’s just a locker room - and they may still cut you so don’t get too attached.   Felt bad for Madeline, but she needs some more classes in the DCC style first. 

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 4

Lily has never really caught my attention, but Heather's comment that she is a "locker room favorite" and the other GLs chiming in that she has what it takes made me see her in a new light. I got the impression that the GLs were advocating for her to K&J. That speaks volumes for who she is as a person IMO, and I'm glad she ends up making the team.

Also, the brief clip the showed of Meredith's SG audition made me almost start rooting for her. I mean, she's a mile behind on DCC choreography and style, but I must admit that I'm a sucker for a technical, well-controlled dancer.

• Love 15

Random thoughts after watching: posting here due to spoilers...

I really can't blame Lily for being so tense in that she was cut at the end of TC last season with no notice that we saw. I think that she was guarded this season in case it would have happened again. Much like Brennan, I was thinking that she would relax a bit once she actually made the team. The more you tell someone to relax, the more tense they become!

I just loved (insert sarcasm here) that in the little quartet on field with VK and others, every other girl was critiqued, but not a word about VK. She also made a few mistakes that deserved a mention, but of course that could never happen. Ugh!

Madeline S. seems to be such a sweet and polite gal. I could see why she was cut, but I truly hope she is able to come back strong next year and make the team.

Was glad to see my favorite, Christina, called out tonight for her strong dancing.

Judy actual spoke a few sentences in the office tonight. A miracle.

Kelli - those tight jeans aren't doing you any favors. A more relaxed fit would suit you better.

Finally, I wish they had spent more time on hearing the opinions of the team leaders. Of course, Kelli is determined to have Meredith (who did look a bit better tonight) on the team no matter what the team leaders, choreographers, or others have to say. 

• Love 20

Some spoiler thoughts ...

LOL these girls are trying to tell TPTB how great Caroline is but it's like they either don't care of don't want to listen. Honestly getting depressing at this point. Though I had a thought. What if all this "Caroline love" is just diverting the casual viewer's attention away so it will be such a "shock" when K&J select to share the point with Amy and Maddie. Like, "HAHA, guys. We subverted your expectations. Look how dumb you were and how smart we are. We tricked you!" 😐.

I understand Kelli and a lot of other people are annoyed that Lily can't look like she's having fun on the field. However, consider what this poor girl went through last year. I completely understand if Lily is too stressed to smile, I really am. So glad she made the team this year!

Was gonna complain about the focus on Christina, but then I saw Danielle, who I really like, so yay! Also, I do have to give Christina credit for trying for many years and the team. Don't mean to take that away from her.

Like many others, I can understand why Madeline S. was cut, but I hope she knows that when she returns next year, she is going to have support from so many people including myself! 🙂

Really not looking forward to Julia crying next week. Will this be her cut? Are they even going to cover the car crash? Not that they have to, just curious.

I also could not stop laughing at the Abigail Klein idol-worship we got this episode. Like, darn she's one of my faves but wasn't that a bit over the top? 😂. And did they really need to tie Victoria into it? Oh, well.

P.S. Still really like Kelcey and Chandi!

• Love 12

Oh, and forgot to ask.

I know it's SUPER early to be talking about this type of stuff, BUT ... how do people feel about a triangle of Gina, Caroline and Jayln? Think that would be dope! 😉

• Love 14

I was so turned off by TPTB shoving Meredith down our throats and giving her so many chances I haven’t watched for I think 3 or 4 weeks now. What a boring season. I would have cut at LEAST Meredith, Lily, Madeline, and Kat three weeks ago. Amy, Maddie, and Heather need to retire. None of them have anywhere near the Jenna, Holly, or even Kashara pop. This season the DCC have really lost their credibility to me, so boring! If they really wanted to maintain their world class claim, they would have taken fewer than 36 this year and put a 2nd year vet at point.

• Love 18
5 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

for all her ballet seems to have balance problems and stumble over her own feet a lot.

I wonder why that is.  If any dancers know, please chime in 🙂 . The 1st year Erin was in TC she had that same issue.  Amazing how she turned that right around in only one year, btw!

5 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I hope her and Amy retire after this season so much.

IMO no way will Amy do a 6th year, she's out after this year.  Maddie is iffy, she could do a 5th year, but if something happens this year like she gets Pro Bowl I can see her retiring.

21 hours ago, Pau84 said:

What a great and powerful dancer! She is up there with the likes of Melissa Wallace, Megan Carcioppolo, Holly Powell.

I missed this post about Gina..I agree!

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder why that is.  If any dancers know, please chime in 🙂 . The 1st year Erin was in TC she had that same issue.  Amazing how she turned that right around in only one year, btw!

IMO no way will Amy do a 6th year, she's out after this year.  Maddie is iffy, she could do a 5th year, but if something happens this year like she gets Pro Bowl I can see her retiring.

I want Heather to get pbc, but if that’s what it takes to get rid of Maddie, then go Maddie!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not a dancer, but an ex-gymnast who went to figure skating [ETA : so +/- like wearing boots] years after : muscle memory ! As a gymnast -or a dancer- you've got the habit of having your feet flat on the floor (or on pointes for ballet), but NOT wearing heels neither being in a kinda "rigid" shoes. So, until your body and the muscle memory get used to this new "balance", you'll be "off". I struggled with that for a while, because I always felt that I was falling off to my face while skating forward, lol ! 🤣

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Useful 6
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I wonder why that is.  If any dancers know, please chime in 🙂 .

Bad balance is typically due to an issue with weaker core strength or foot placement throwing off the centre of balance. 

Also less likely but very possible is really bad vestibular function

• Useful 1

I know it's SUPER early to be talking about this type of stuff, BUT ... how do people feel about a triangle of Gina, Caroline and Jayln? Think that would be dope! 😉

I'd prefer Gina, Bridget (with a new top that fits) and Jayln with Hannah completing the diamond. 

Caroline looks great in photos like the calendar shoot where the camera can zoom in on her eyes so they really pop -- other than that, like dancing on the field, she doesn't stand out to me.  I was surprised to hear so many suggesting her for point. I often forget about her. Shopping with Kitty at the Mall, I don't think I would notice her. 

My dream triangle, of course, is only if Gina returns.  I go back and forth.  She's my fave, so I'd like for her to be a five year lady, but I also think TPTB burned her a little this year in that at the least she should have been placed where Lexie is, so I wouldn't mind her giving DCC a little snub (though hopefully she is not as petty as I am.) I just don't want her to last 5 years only to be given a 12 second spot at point that she then has to dance backwards into the crowd and give way to VK.

• Love 12

I don't see how Julia was cut. 

After the show, I would have cut Madeline and Meredith (Easy cuts). Madeline take a few power classes and come back. I think she is the prettiest from this year's Rookies. 

So frustrating watching Meredith continue to get chances. Must be nice to be teacher's pet. 

Cat looked okay on the field. VK blended. 

I liked hearing the Group Leaders input. Heather looked gorgeous.

Bring in a counselor not a pastor for stress/motivation talk. Not all humans are religious. 

Overall, I liked the second part of the show that was dancing.  I agree with the poster that said the field work should be introduced earlier in camp. 

• Love 19

I’m so happy they fixed Gina’s haircolour, it looks much better now.

looking at all those game day pics, Rachel W. really cant seem to get a bad picture, hers always look great. But somehow most of the time they look kind of posed... like she isn’t actually dancing with a lot of power. Kind of like how she always comes across as kind of.. I don’t know... sleepy or something. Kind of reminds me or Kaitlyn LaRae, when Kelly had her audition picture and said something about not looking fierce in her whole body... 

• Love 10

Okay, Shaina didn't leave voluntarily after the loss of her friends, so what good reason does Kelli have for cutting her? She was struggling a bit moving across the field, but not any worse than any other past rookie. KF better have a darn good reason for the cut.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

I've spoken to her and she's said she's coming back next year!

I cannot love this post enough. I think I have a total girl crush on sweet, smart Madeline and really hope she comes back stronger than ever. I will absolutely be cheering for her 1,000%!

• Love 22

I wonder if Rachel W has a ton of botox or something. Can't take bad pictures if she can't make ugly faces while dancing. Would also explain why she always looks so emotionless. I don't think I've ever seen her do anything other than blank stare face or toothy grin face.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

Two possible explanations for Julia’s cute: 

1.  Charlotte doesn’t like her.

Does this mean it’s possible that Charlotte doesn’t like her, or that Charlotte actually doesn’t like her and that could be why she was cut?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Muckypup61 said:

Okay, Shaina didn't leave voluntarily after the loss of her friends, so what good reason does Kelli have for cutting her? 

Just shows you she has her favorites she wanted Kat and Meredith more.  I thought it was an all time low for CMT to film Shaina talking to Kelli.  Kelli and CMT planned that talk for the show.  If she didn't want to talk when the pastor was speaking I am sure she didn't want the CMT cameras shoved in her face at a time like this.  Very insensitive of Kelli.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

Just shows you she has her favorites she wanted Kat and Meredith more.  I thought it was an all time low for CMT to film Shaina talking to Kelli.  Kelli and CMT planned that talk for the show.  If she didn't want to talk when the pastor was speaking I am sure she didn't want the CMT cameras shoved in her face at a time like this.  Very insensitive of Kelli.  

Yes it was an I noticed Kellis face when shania was thanking her I got the impression kelli didn’t care 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Is Tangerine a chain or just one location? Frisco always seems like its the edge of the world to me.

I go to the one in North Dallas and he is there every time. Tangerine has several locations in DFW.

• Love 2

Here are the screen grabs I could get as far as stickers go. I find it interesting that all the group leaders cut Meredith, Madeline, and Lisa. Also interesting that Kashara cut Lisa as well. I'm thinking the rumors of her being a horrible teammate are true.

Chandi was only cut by Heather and Evan Miller so I'm not surprised she made it.

Julia literally has a sticker from everyone so I'm thinking there is a lot of truth behind Charlotte having an issue with her.

As much as Kat struggles, only Denise Dicharry and Travis Wall cut her so I guess it makes a little more sense why she made it now.

As little as we've seen of Kristin, only Charm and Denise cut her. I'm still so happy she makes it.

Lily was cut by Denise, Tyce, and Tess. Knowing she's such a locker room favorite, I'm surprised Tess wouldn't pick her.

Shaina was cut by Travis, Charm, Jen Colvin, and Amy so I'm not too surprised she was cut anymore.

Lastly, Taylor P was cut by Maddie, Kashara, and Jen Colvin which makes me wonder what kind of teammate she might be if only DCC and former DCC are cutting her.

Rookies.png

Rookies2.png

• Useful 9
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

2.  Julia was too similar in look to VK. 

I saw a preview for next week where Julia was crying and looked terrified. She was saying that she was so scared and it looked like Kelli was going in to hug her. Do you (or any other insiders) know what that was about?

• Love 1

In my opinion, Kelli will never select Madeline on the team.    She only kept her around this long to humiliate her.    It could be that there was a lot of history between Kelli and Madeline's mother, or maybe Kelli doesn't want any other legacies around, but Madeline should move on and stop letting Kelli pick on her. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, Agent Gully said:

Kelli - those tight jeans aren't doing you any favors. A more relaxed fit would suit you better.

Didn't notice her jeans, but I LOVED the earrings she was wearing in the office visit scene. And do all the girls wear the same crystal button earrings? They all  look similar.

5 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

Bring in a counselor not a pastor for stress/motivation talk. Not all humans are religious. 

This is Texas...when you move there, your neighbors will be by to welcome you...in that first meeting someone will ask you "what's your home church?" Pastoral counseling can be very reassuring even if you aren't religious.

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
9 hours ago, Lona said:

I also could not stop laughing at the Abigail Klein idol-worship we got this episode. Like, darn she's one of my faves but wasn't that a bit over the top? 😂. And did they really need to tie Victoria into it? Oh, well.

OMG, the Abigail worship is ridiculous. Why don't they at least have a group shot up there? Why just her? She wasn't the best dancer. She's gorgeous, yeah, but come on.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, PattiD4DCC said:

that at the least she should have been placed where Lexie is,

Are Gina and Lexie from the same rookie class? Because I agree that's a burn if Lexie hasn't been there longer.

5 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Jessied84 said:

Now let's move to the "across the field". Did anyone notice Chandi nailed every line (possibly the first go at it) and looked great doing it? 

Sadly, I almost forget that Chandi is in training camp (and she's one of my favorites). It's hard to remember her when she's never featured.

9 hours ago, Lona said:

...how do people feel about a triangle of Gina, Caroline and Jayln?

I'd love a Gina/Caroline/Jalyn triangle, or better yet a Gina/Bridget/Jalyn triangle. I think that B & J can hold their own with Gina at the point. But sadly, I think Jalyn's future looks grim because she dared to offer helpful advice to the Goddess of Perfection.

5 hours ago, SmpIsimon said:

2.  Julia was too similar in look to VK. 

I'm going with both. I stand by my conspiracy theory with Charlotte and we all know that Kelli needs to pick a variety of Caucasian girl hair colors to bring "diversity" to the squad.

2 hours ago, DzignerGurl said:

I cannot love this post enough. I think I have a total girl crush on sweet, smart Madeline and really hope she comes back stronger than ever. I will absolutely be cheering for her 1,000%!

Too bad Madeline didn't gain a ton of weight, lie about going to the doctor, and blame a 5-year-vet staff member. Then she could come back next year with a guaranteed spot on the team and SG!

• LOL 3
  • Love 17
37 minutes ago, CrazyMoon said:

This is Texas...when you move there, your neighbors will be by to welcome you...in that first meeting someone will ask you "what's your home church?" Pastoral counseling can be very reassuring even if you aren't religious.

Lived in South Texas, San Antonio, Austin and Lubbock and have never been asked about religion/church from neighbors but when I was stationed in AL, found that to be true from all the locals.  More likey to be asked where we went to school and place of occupation. 

Watching the episode again and still annoyed with the pastor segment. Insensitive. Have a private check in with her and not expect her to grieve for the camera. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 18
41 minutes ago, Lily80 said:

Are Gina and Lexie from the same rookie class? Because I agree that's a burn if Lexie hasn't been there longer.

THIS A THOUSAND TIMES!

Yes Gina and Lexie are from the same rookie class 

• Love 1

Im really mad at fucking Kelli, she always say things that doesnt come from the girls mouth, like last week's episode when she told Madeline that she was using DCC as a platform for her future and that was really offensive, like  for real bitch?? She didnt say any word and she came out with the BS and poor Madeline was afraid of that awful comment, Kelli always creates herself issues in her head.

Unpopular opinion: But Maddie looks skinny and looks good this year.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

In my opinion, Kelli will never select Madeline on the team.    She only kept her around this long to humiliate her.    It could be that there was a lot of history between Kelli and Madeline's mother, or maybe Kelli doesn't want any other legacies around, but Madeline should move on and stop letting Kelli pick on her. 

I totally agree. The snotty way Kelli talked to Madeline the first time about using the DCC as a “stepping stone” tipped me off that she did not like Madeline at all. I don’t know if Kelli did not like Madeline’s mother or what the backstory is on that.

I do get why they cut Madeline. She needs another year of work. But after seeing the smug self-satisfied look on Kelli’s face after Madeline left the room, having NOT told her to come back (although Judy did), you can tell there’s no way Madeline is getting back into training camp next year.

Madeline needs to move on to better things than the DCC.

• Love 12