Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: Walking A Tight Rope

• Start Topic

Deavan's arrival in South Korea is not as she expected; Ronald's gambling addiction causes issues with Tiffany; Paul tries to get back in Karine's good graces before she goes into labor; Corey receives shocking news; and Jenny's daughter confronts Sumit.

Airs 9/2/19. 

90DF The Other Way shows the stories of these couples: 

• Paul & Karine
  • Jenny & Sumit
  • Laura & Aladin
  • Tiffany & Ronald
  • Corey & Evelin
  • Deavan & Jihoon

Other couples should be discussed in their show's forums- not here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Wanda said:

I hope we aren’t dealt any blows.

edited to say, I hope we ARE dealt a few good blows

I personally don't want myself or anyone on this forum to be dealt any blows. 

However I cannot wait for some of the fools on this show to be dealt blows.  

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 12
  • Love 10

I just saw the promo where Tiffany says "If this does not go the way we want, I may have to rethink this" or something similar   - Oh Tiff, we have heard this so many times!!!  You will NEVER leave that douchebag.

3 hours ago, RealReality said:

I personally don't want myself or anyone on this forum to be dealt any blows. 

However I cannot wait for some of the fools on this show to be dealt blows.  

I want many blows to be dealt and lots of tears to flow!!!  Get the pino out, folks!!!!

• LOL 10
  • Love 12

Doesn’t Deaven live with her parents? Just because their house is bigger doesn’t make her any more mature than zjohoon.

she may be able to teach English. A friend just got an assignment in Hong Kong, and he’s worked with people without Bachelor degree. Deaven May have a degree. Problem solved, Jihoon becomes the stay at home parent.

• Useful 4
  • Love 13

I love love love Jihoon's dog! Jihoon, not so much. Grow up, buddy. You're a daddy now.

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I like Jenny's daughter in law.  

Her daughter is pretty cool, too. 

56 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Tiffany, maybe make good on your threats to leave and do it.

She's all talk. She's not going anywhere. 

• Love 22

Well this was a real shit show!    Does Jihoon 's parents normally sleep in the living room and their manchild son in the bedroom?  I think yes  since that's a twin bed!

What's Sumit's big secret he's going to reveal next week?  I bet that suckers married!

Paul and Karine a waste of footage!

Tiffany and Ronald argueing...surprised the hell out of me!  Those little love birds !

Poor Corey's dad!  He seemed like a decent man!

Edited by Jeanne222
  • Love 18
17 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

Tiffany will forever hold Ronald's addiction over his head every time they have a disagreement.

.....Nor should she expect magic, rainbow farts, and roses with a man who has no job, no savings, and no way to support her, Daniel, or the new kid. 

Tiffany is playing a weak and stupid hand.  Also, Ronald, seems easy to anger.  And Tiffany complaining how hard it is for her...I have NO sympathy.

• Love 18

Jihoon, not sure if this childish boy can pull it together, but I'm rooting for him.  But from the sounds of it, his financial problems are big, and that can really hamper anything he might want to do.

There was a knowledgeable person about a week ago posting about the two kinds of rent in Korea, one involved giving the landlord 2 years worth of rent up front.  So I'm doubting very much he can do that.  And his new job is delivery, so that's low wage I'll assume.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, DiamondGirl said:

After Jenny visited the first time, his parents probably got him married off before she even landed back in the US.  There was no way they were going to allow their son to marry an American granny.

Sumit is a proven coward catfish liar so it’s no shock to believe that he wouldn’t have the guts to tell Jenny.  

That makes sense BUT if he is married why would he want Jenny and TLC to come to India to film him with Jenny?  Will he make enough money from TLC to smooth out whatever marital spats Jenny's arrival causes?  It isn't like Mrs Sumit will not find out.   This is really the only story line that interests me.  I am glad Jenny's daughter cared enough to check out Sumit.  They are not impressed, and neither am I.

So sorry for Corey to lose his dad.  That's a real blow at any age. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 20
6 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Deaven? Teaching English? Haha haha Like, I dunno, like, she doesn’t strike me, like, as someone who, like, could even spell the word “ English,” much less, like, teach it.

Oh my,  we would end up with a group of people in South Korea with the whiney, depressing talk! 

Love the little dog,  I'm a dog person. I have a little dog called a Havanese,  a small breed from Havana,  Cuba. I belong to several Havanese groups,  people have the dog strollers & those little carriers like for babies where they are strapped to their chests.   I really expected Deaven to have a fit that he was had brought the puppy to the airport.  

Tiffany is doing The Gambler no favors. If she has that little trust,  why did she marry him? She should have waited the suggested time of one year after treatment.   We were told to remember the 3 C's, you didn't Cause it,  you can't Cure it and you can't Control it.  We had weekly counseling for one year after Mr. Tostandon got out of treatment.   They need some type of counseling,  she needs it to learn how to 'let him go', he needs it to learn how to deal with her obsession over him.  If he's going to gamble,  he'll find a way whether she's controlling everything or not.  No reason why he could not go buy the part for the car without her... then not bringing her purse and sitting there with a self satisfied smirk.  

I am so glad Jenny's daughter & daughter in law showed up.   Hopefully,  they'll be there to help her when he finally admits he is already married.  I agree with DiamondGirl, I think his parents quickly married him off as soon as she left the last time.  Will be interesting when we find out! 

• Love 22

Poor Corey goes home for his dad's funeral and gives Eveline the opportunity to screw all of her old boyfriends.

What's the matter Tiffany? You don't seem so fucking smart now.

We are going to stay with parents...just a few months. lol!

Jenny's daughter and DIL are horrified that Jenny is going to be dumped back into their house, penniless this time.

Edited by Mr. Minor
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16

I need to create a spreadsheet called "Who Has a Secret?"  so I can keep track of all the secrets that are to be revealed among all the franchises. It's ridiculous.

Someone remind me why Deavan is moving to Korea rather than Jihoon coming to the US. Deavan has a job, Jihoon does not (well he just got a shitty job) and  a place to live that doesn't involve sleeping on the floor. And he speaks a bit of English while Deavan speaks no Korean. Is there an issue with Jihoon coming to the US?

Pole is such a baby man. Rather than trying to figure his shit out, and despite fact that his residency request was approved, he wants to jump on a plane cuz Kareeny won't talk to him, despite the fact that he is about to have a kid to support. I wonder if he is trying to run away from actually getting a job. 

I have no patience for Tiffany at this point. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, poeticlicensed said:

Someone remind me why Deavan is moving to Korea rather than Jihoon coming to the US. Deavan has a job, Jihoon does not (well he just got a shitty job) and  a place to live that doesn't involve sleeping on the floor. And he speaks a bit of English while Deavan speaks no Korean. Is there an issue with Jihoon coming to the US?

I have no patience for Tiffany at this point. 

I believe Jihoon cannot come to the states because Deavan does not have the money for his visa and no one is willing to sponsor him (please correct me if I am wrong, forum). 

I agree with you about Tiffany. I cannot stand her. I kinda liked her at first but now she grates my nerves and she is definitely going to hinder Ronald's progress. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 17

When Corey’s relationship inevitably implodes he will regret wasting his time in Ecuador and being away from his family, before and after his fathers death. My thoughts were he should get home ASAP to be there for his mother. Such a terrible thing to lose a parent when both are at such a young age (the father being 62 is young in my opinion, and Corey is young). 

Corey sat there robotically delivering his lines almost in shock and I’m like just send him home for God sake. He has a lot to sort through, not being there before an unexpected death is going to mess with his head. Poor guy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 21

The news of Cory's father was horrible. Just so very sad. Cory didn't need anything else to pull him down.

Tiffany said that she finally saw a red flag! I'm shocked! So, she thinks that by following her husband around, she can prevent him from relapsing......lol.  You know, she should be ashamed to have married him with absolutely NO REAL EDUCATION on addiction.  She owed her son that much. Oh, why did Ronald need to go out anyway?  With no job, the only places he might need to go would be court and recovery meetings.  I know of two people in my life who were rage filled drivers, even when sober.....and they both were severe substance abusers.

I'm a pet lover, but, sometimes, it's not appropriate to carry a dog.  Like to the airport to pickup up your fiance who has just been alone with an infant for 24 hours. Mother and child should have your full attention and care, not a pet. I'm not sure what happened to Jihoon, but, I am wondering what is wrong with him.  I wonder if there is something really off.  I hope Deaven is able to learn the language, acclimate to their culture and earn the living to support the family.  Jihoon showing up late to airport....I hope that was producer driven and not his own irresponsibility.  

• Love 20

Jihoon's dog is the best thing about this show.   That dog and the baby are adorable, sadly the parents are idiots.  How much longer was Jihoon going to wait before he started looking for a job and his own apartment?  You're 30 time to grow up.

Tiffany bugs the crap out of me.  She doesn't know as much as she thinks she does.  Treating her husband like he's her child is not going to work.   He's right she needs to let him prove himself.   I dont' understand why they needed to get married right away and have a baby so quickly. Why throw so much responsibility  on someone you obviously feel you can't trust? 

Paul and Karine are gross I can't watch them.  The only season I liked them on was their first. 

Sorry about Corey's dad 62 is too young to die. 

The Jenny and Summit story is dragging, shit or get off the pot Summit.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Sumit's whole story stinks to high heaven. He supposedly told his parents that he accepted another job, in another city, so he'd have to move away from home. So why did he have to go to his parents' house for so long? As far as they know he lives in Bangalore now. And why did he quit his job? "To spend time with Jenny". Then he ditches her. I bet a shiny rupee he's already married. Its not his parents he's visiting, its his wife and kids.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

I need to create a spreadsheet called "Who Has a Secret?"  so I can keep track of all the secrets that are to be revealed among all the franchises. It's ridiculous.

When you complete it please post it!

2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I'm hoping Jenny's daughter and daughter in law get cast on Pillow Talk, their no nonsense attitudes would be a refreshing counter point.

A 3 way between Jenny's daughter, daugter in law and Ludwig.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

We were told to remember the 3 C's, you didn't Cause it,  you can't Cure it and you can't Control it.  We had weekly counseling for one year after Mr. Tostandon got out of treatment.   They need some type of counseling,  she needs it to learn how to 'let him go', he needs it to learn how to deal with her obsession over him.

Tiffany relishes the co-dependency. Her full time job is to worry about Ronald. Right from the jump I stated that Tiffany will end up being more parent than wife to Ronald. That gets old pretty quickly, especially when you also have two kids to be a mommy to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, PinkFlamingo said:

My guess on sumit is that his parents arranged a marriage for him that is supposed to happen in the future. They are harassing him to come home because he is supposed to be going through engagement activities or something. It doesn’t really make sense for him to already be married even though that thought did cross my mind. 

BINGO!! this has to be it.

If he were already married, he couldn't be travelling between the homes, like Mrs. Doubtfire on her dates (s).  Too risky and suspicious.  I think this is it!

• Love 11