Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Sleeping With the Fishes

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Dorinda does nice things and acts the gracious host because she EXPECTS a whole lot of gratitude in return. She is a scorekeeper who has a whole list of all the wonderful Things she has done for you at the tip of her tongue. Prayer cards for Luanne, anyone? 

And when  she doesn’t get the gratitude she feels she owed, she goes full on nasty shrew. NutcrackerGate and the Jovani heckling, etc. If she is truly generous and gracious, she would just do those things because that’s what generous and gracious hostesses do - without the expectation of gratitude.

Dorinda knows full well what this bitches are like. This is not the first rodeo at her Manor.  She can set some boundaries to save herself some frustration and stess. Unless she loves bending over backwards  so she can jump on the cross later and wallow in her martyrdom. 

I just find her shtick exhausting and boring to watch.

I totally think she's a scorekeeper and while I do give her credit for starting out each year as a gracious hostess, I also wonder what is in it for her.  Does she get the ability to have some work done to the house or property and write it off since it's used for filming? It just seems odd that you'd continue to host these giant house parties year after year that always turn into a disaster when other people have houses that could be used and/or they could easily go to a hotel in a destination a short distance away.  Instead of the Berkshires, why not all head to Chicago to visit Tinsley and Scott for a weekend?

8 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

I would be curious to see Barbs outside of Luann hellhound mode. Barbs is the quintessential boro broad. Ramona is not wrong she is very rough around the edges, but damn was it rude for her and Dorinda to be talking about her like that but yet oh so right. 

Without the whole Luann thing going on, I do think Barbara might be a different character, but she's going to be caught as a puppet of Luann's and she's likely not going to make it past one season.  She does also look like she'd be a better fit for NJ, but, I don't really think either Ramona or Dorinda have room to talk about someone needing a makeover.  It took Ramona how long to get that the long hair and gross extensions were not a good look? And while Dorinda looked great the first year or so, her hair has gone to a weird length and color.  

8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Am I the only one here who thinks Luann never stopped drinking?

Nope, I totally think it's all been for show, to try to get out of legal trouble.

8 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

That’s just wrong. They should at least have brought wine. Wasn’t someone sitting outside asking for Rosé wine? Tinsley said there was some in the fridge. The person (having a brain fart) said that there was only a third of a bottle (surmised by looking at her fingers showing a level). So if you drink a certain wine, why wouldn’t you at least bring a bottle of it. Oh, they were sick of drinking champagne...poor babies. Besides bringing my own favorite wine (and probably more than one bottle if I was staying a few days) I’d also bring some Grey Goose for Dorinda and something that doesn’t go away when the bottle is empty. A decanter, a cheese board, or some upscale pillowcases. You get the idea. Ungrateful and unappreciative indeed. Not the kind of friends I run with. 

Bethenny arrived with a bag in her hand, I believe it was the light up sign.  I think Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja brought flowers (and, I'm guessing Tinsley bought the flowers and then Ramona and Sonja were like "yeah WE brought flowers!"), and Barbara had a box of something in her hand when she arrived.  I don't remember if Luann brought anything, but I'd guess that she probably did.  Though it is Luann, and it wouldn't surprise me if she thought her presence was gift enough.

7 hours ago, Kiki777 said:

When Ramona was raving about the pool area and Dorinda's towels... Did anyone else think that she'd stuff a couple of said towels in her suitcase?

Absolutely.  As soon as she said it, I turned to my husband and said Dorinda needs to check her suitcase because Ramona's going to load up like my great aunt used to.  If you went to her house back in the day, she had a whole bunch of Days Inn towels in her bathroom.  Evidently, my great aunt felt anything not nailed down in the room was there for her personal, permanent consumption.  

3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I can understand her feeling that way, but think it is disgusting she is talking about it on TV.  The family may just be thinking that the reason he OD'd is that like a lot of people hopped up on pain pills for a serious injury they once had, they took too many pills in a loopy state not remembering or realizing how many they'd already taken.  Now she has it out there that it could've been a suicide OR he was so despondent over her, he took too many in that despondent state.  Essentially, his family members now have to live with the Bravo viewing audience (which is large) and the tabloids thinking he now killed himself over her versus he just accidentally took too many pills.

I know it's a reality show and they are showing their lives, but his death didn't just impact her so she should keep her speculations and trap shut about it.

I kind of go back and forth on this.  I'm a pretty private person, I'm not someone who posts every detail of my life on FB, and I don't share everything.  So I do feel like if I were in Bethenny's shoes, I would keep a lot of this off camera.  Then, of course, I realize that I wouldn't be in her shoes in the first place, because I'd never be ok with having any of my life on camera.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people who do it, it's just not for me.  And I think it would be weird for something this major to happen in her life and for it to not be mentioned at all.  After giving it more thought, I realized that Dennis chose to come on the show, opening his life and situation up to coverage on the show, and that makes it a topic now.  

3 hours ago, kicksave said:

I was shocked to see Art Smith being the "mentor" chef of the naked chef...he used to be the celebrity chef of the stars and was Oprah Winfrey's go to chef on her show and in real life. She even plugged his cookbooks etc...now he's doing this??? Wow...what the hell happened?

He cooked for the Obamas?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Im just saying there is no way Luanne wasn’t texting Barbra updating her about things going on and spilling about the horrible room that Dorinda was forcing her into.  Barbra came in hot and insulted the room point blank to Dorindas face and acted like she was to good to stay in it herself.  at this point Dorinda started to snap a little. I mean how many times can she be insulted to her face and keep a smile? But even then she wasn’t a bitch. She was blunt yes at this point in stating noting is wrong with the room the room is fine. Then at the pool hearing her CONTINUE to bitch about it I mean come on Barbra was poking the bear. 

Who is Barbara to talk about anything.  She doesn’t have taste in clothes, and her house inside is nothing to brag about for living in East Hampton.  The hair has had it too.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

"Its not your house bitch!" 😄 I love Ramona's disdain for Barbara. I feel the same.

Who goes to someones house and bitches about a room they are given or expect to sit at the head of the table? Barbara.

Taking Sonja to that house was a big mistake. Sonja is an ex-wife I dont know why she acts like a born bred Morgan. Its so odd.  But it wouldn't be the Berkshires if someone didn't have an emotional breakdown.

I do like that Ramona and Beth were trying to get Sonja to cool it with the alcohol. 

Lu was hypocrite when she said Sonja acting like Lady Morgan. What about you and your countess holier than thou act.

There is nothing appealing about a naked chef and especially that hairy one.

• Love 21

Am I imagining this or did I read somewhere that Lu said she didn’t want to stay in the Fish Room because she stayed there last year, woke up with a horrible hangover and didn’t want that memory now that “she’s sober”. Okay, whatever, Lu.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
38 minutes ago, red12 said:

I love your description!

Ramona is at her worst when she believes she is superior. I could never spend an extended amount of time with her because I know at some point she would say something shitty and terrible to me that would induce me to act out the look Joy gave Magean on The View earlier this week.

Ramona has diarrhea of the mouth and I love that about her.

I've said multiple times if Ramona took out a fried toddler and started chewing, I'd still LOVE her. I think my last homage was that I would ask her if she needed some hot sauce with that, now I'm going to ask her if she'd like a glass of Pinot Grigio, a separate glass of water, and 6 wedges of lemon on the side too.

I cracked up when Ramona was eying the placement cards when saw she had to sit by Barb The Out Of Shape Body Builder

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

I think Dorinda even insinuated that Lu didn’t pay for the yoga or massage.  

Production pays for all of this.  Anytime they're being filmed, especially if they're on a trip.  All the dinners, all the parties, events, etc. That's why Luann was asking Dorinda to schedule the yoga & massage.

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I thought you can’t leave the state when on parole.  Why is she all over the U.S. now?

Luann's on probation, not parole.  Very different things.  She's also being drug/alcohol tested as part of her probation. And yes, she likely had to request permission to travel.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Thumper said:

if in fact he was pushing her to marry and she could not.  I 

He couldn’t have been pushing that hard given that he is the one who couldn’t legally marry her. 

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I thought you can’t leave the state when on parole.  Why is she all over the U.S. now?

You just need permission. 

• Love 6

They were all ungracious about the rooms. Luann wasn't even originally supposed to be in the fish room -- Dorinda had put her in the Moroccan room. Then Tinsley whined about being ~scared in her original room, so Dorinda moved her. Then you have Bethenny calling ahead and grabbing the best room for herself. Who does that? Oh, but she's changed so much since Dennis died, didn't you know that? Stuff like being in a particular room just slides right off her back! Sure, Jan. That's why you ranted for 2-3 hours when you got to the Berkshires about what had been said but didn't ultimately affect you anyway.

This is the only HW franchise where grown women act like children when it comes to accommodations. Whoever said that they turn feral is right. If I were Dorinda I would close off that room (and Hannah's) when they come and force the bitches to share.

Sonja has been saying for a season or two now that she doesn't drink. Right. In the same way that Luann doesn't drink?

I think Barbara is going to be a one-and-done cast member. She's not really gelling with the others.

• Love 13

For some reason I had been thinking the fish were plastic replicas, but when Dorinda said "taxidermy," that definitely upped the creepy factor of the room about 1,000% for me... I still would have stayed there without complaining though.

Also, I fully believe that Bethenny told Dorinda she'd only stay there if she could be in Hannah's room and is just acting all cool about her room choice for the cameras.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Dorinda might be a drunk but after EVERYTHING and I mean everything every one of these ladies (other then Tinsley) puts her through and she smiles and eats the turd and lets them treat her house and herself like crap every year and remains gracious mmm no these ladies have NO room to bitch....... let the woman get sauced any fucking time she wants...  at least shes not coming into their homes and disrespecting not only the host and the hospitality but the house itself ....

Meh, Dorinda hosts to keep her apple and show off.

• Love 9

Because it's also related to this episode, reagarding sonja's looks and blog ! https://forums.previously.tv/topic/836-sonja-morgan-dont-call-her-white-trash/?do=findComment&comment=5204096

(edit : I added the direct link, because the embedded one goes to the topic, not my post 😢 but her looks are from AliExpress -it's now 100% sure- as she even used the same pictures. How do I know it ? I purchased it 18months ago for less than US$15.00, shipping to Switzerland included !)

Edited by Diane Mars
31 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

And ugly as shit

Even though I'd stay in one of her guest rooms if invited, I would secretly say the same thing, ButterQueen! There was one room that Tinsley was in that looked like it had a pull-out sofa bed.  Nothing wrong with that, but if that was the case, I'm sure the Classless (Countess) wouldn't have wanted it either.   LuAnn has taken snobbery to new heights.  That's going to be a hard fall when she tumbles off of that high horse she's on. 

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, film noire said:

"My Richard used to sit here controlling the global economy while snacking on my famous roast chicken"

❤️❤️❤️ 

16 hours ago, film noire said:

eating my roast chicken and controlling world markets - SNIFF - but you gotta live your best life even though LUANN TRASHED YOU!"

❤️❤️❤️ 

Film noire, will you be my new BFF?

Yep!  Richard controlled world markets.  When I finally figured out who Dorinda had been married to, I was absolutely flabbergasted.  George Soros's partner!

My deep eternal LUV for Dorinda continues to grow & grow & grow.  Not only do I think the Fish Room is super-cool—though i$250,000?  I. Don't. Think. So. —, not only do I LUV her Halloween decorations, but her aside to Bethany viz LuAnn—"I love her but she is who she is" — is one of the few pieces of genuine wisdom that have ever come out of RHONY.  

There were narratives on top of narratives in this episode (though it's still a sub-par season.)

I am kinda seeing Sonja in a remake of The Nights of Cabiria for some reason.  I feel very sorry for her.  She wants to rise to the level of her inner Morgan, but the Morgans rejected her!  So, all she can do is self-destruct in a spectacular fashion.  We are not laughing with her.  We are laughing at her.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, gingerella said:

And therein lies the beast that is Bethanny. She couldn't give a good goddamn about Dennis' kids seeing her spew her toxic, narcissistic bullshit on TV. She cares about nothing except herself and feathering her bank account. She really is a sad waste of a human being. Even her charity (and it's charity, hand outs, not hand ups) is filmed for the show to show what a magnanimous person she is. If she really cared, IMO, she would decline filming that aspect of her life, to keep it real and authentic, but nope, everything in her life is up for sale.

Exactly.  I seriously hope they all come out and blast her for it.  Speculating on someone's death, particularly as it relates to an OD on national TV, is just the worst.  I'm not saying that she shouldn't have those questions, but it's espousing that on TV.  And I can't help but feel like all she really wants everyone to think is she is so valued as a lover that someone would off themselves over her.   Grieving him over the season I don't care about.  But it's the speculation and all of those comments where she paints him out to be despondent over their breakup really disgusts me.  It's even more disgusting that Ramona's stupid comment now that it's what 3 episodes where she's made these comments?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Production pays for all of this.  Anytime they're being filmed, especially if they're on a trip.  All the dinners, all the parties, events, etc. That's why Luann was asking Dorinda to schedule the yoga & massage.

Luann's on probation, not parole.  Very different things.  She's also being drug/alcohol tested as part of her probation. And yes, she likely had to request permission to travel.

Supposedly, they do not.  They pay for the cast season trip.  They appoint one housewife to plan the schedule, though. This is when they say.....So, I was thinking ......we should all go to.......Mexico!!! Then they just all happen to be free that week.  Lol!

Looks like they provide car service to the parties. For safety and to catch good footage.

They pay for their own parties, but it looks like they can get their own sponsors.

Like when Kyle always has Fatburger at her parties..etc.

They had plenty of interviews where the HWs claim it is an expensive show to film. 

Supposedly, their electric bills triple if they film at home a lot.

As they have to put together as many as 80 outfits before they start filming. This is why they borrow clothes from stylist, etc.

Then they have to lease luxury homes and cars....If they don’t have them.

Rent the  Birkin!

This is why Housewives go broke.  Look at Porsha.  Just got hit with a huge tax bill.  But, she is always on the show looking gorgeous....rocking the best wigs and makeup. Even a $700,000 diamond.  (which is fake) LOL

Is Tinsley at a Hotel this season??  LMAO

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, gingerella said:

And therein lies the beast that is Bethanny. She couldn't give a good goddamn about Dennis' kids seeing her spew her toxic, narcissistic bullshit on TV. She cares about nothing except herself and feathering her bank account. She really is a sad waste of a human being.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  

I believe Kelly B criticized Bethanny for "oversharing" and Bethanny said she was on a reality TV program and didn't know how to "undershare" (my words).  I believe she is working through her emotions and grief and they happen to be during filming this season.  I don't believe there is anything nefarious happening but these are my opinions and I respect other viewpoints.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, smores said:

I totally think she's a scorekeeper and while I do give her credit for starting out each year as a gracious hostess, I also wonder what is in it for her.  Does she get the ability to have some work done to the house or property and write it off since it's used for filming? It just seems odd that you'd continue to host these giant house parties year after year that always turn into a disaster when other people have houses that could be used and/or they could easily go to a hotel in a destination a short distance away.  Instead of the Berkshires, why not all head to Chicago to visit Tinsley and Scott for a weekend?

Without the whole Luann thing going on, I do think Barbara might be a different character, but she's going to be caught as a puppet of Luann's and she's likely not going to make it past one season.  She does also look like she'd be a better fit for NJ, but, I don't really think either Ramona or Dorinda have room to talk about someone needing a makeover.  It took Ramona how long to get that the long hair and gross extensions were not a good look? And while Dorinda looked great the first year or so, her hair has gone to a weird length and color.  

Nope, I totally think it's all been for show, to try to get out of legal trouble.

Bethenny arrived with a bag in her hand, I believe it was the light up sign.  I think Tinsley, Ramona and Sonja brought flowers (and, I'm guessing Tinsley bought the flowers and then Ramona and Sonja were like "yeah WE brought flowers!"), and Barbara had a box of something in her hand when she arrived.  I don't remember if Luann brought anything, but I'd guess that she probably did.  Though it is Luann, and it wouldn't surprise me if she thought her presence was gift enough.

Absolutely.  As soon as she said it, I turned to my husband and said Dorinda needs to check her suitcase because Ramona's going to load up like my great aunt used to.  If you went to her house back in the day, she had a whole bunch of Days Inn towels in her bathroom.  Evidently, my great aunt felt anything not nailed down in the room was there for her personal, permanent consumption.  

I kind of go back and forth on this.  I'm a pretty private person, I'm not someone who posts every detail of my life on FB, and I don't share everything.  So I do feel like if I were in Bethenny's shoes, I would keep a lot of this off camera.  Then, of course, I realize that I wouldn't be in her shoes in the first place, because I'd never be ok with having any of my life on camera.  I'm not saying there's anything wrong with people who do it, it's just not for me.  And I think it would be weird for something this major to happen in her life and for it to not be mentioned at all.  After giving it more thought, I realized that Dennis chose to come on the show, opening his life and situation up to coverage on the show, and that makes it a topic now.  

He cooked for the Obamas?

I don't know if he cooked for the Obamas...I know Sam Kass was the chef at the White House during the Obama years.

Dorinda needed to have that conversation and say those things last season, however, kudos to her because she really demonstrated graciousness with the way she handled Lu being fucking insufferable and then being the one to reach out and try to put it all on the table. If Lu continues to give her a hard time, Dorinda can at least say she gave it an honest try.

Sonja needed a muzzle during that tour. Those people manage to upkeep their items just fine. I think Sonja is a combination of irresponsible and broke but she wouldn't really admit to either of those things. It's why her home continues to fall apart. A lack of care over  the years and now way too much money to fix and upkeep.

The backyard is absolutely stunning.

Sonja went from embarrassing to flat out batshit in 30 seconds flat.

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, kicksave said:

I don't know if he cooked for the Obamas...I know Sam Kass was the chef at the White House during the Obama years.

He was the assistant chef and a policy advisor who got a lot of press but the White House executive chef since 2005 is Cristeta Comerford who barely ever gets mentioned’ 

Art Smith cooked for the Obama’s pre and post presidency and accompanied ned Michelle on her book tour as her private chef.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, snarts said:

In an early season, Bethenny and Luann went for surfing lessons and Bethenny had to pay for them, which was especially shitty of Lu, as this was in her married Countess days.  This was also pre-SkinnyGirl for Bethenny, so you'd think Lu would have at least offered to pay her part, but nah.

4 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

This is the only HW franchise where grown women act like children when it comes to accommodations. Whoever said that they turn feral is right. If I were Dorinda I would close off that room (and Hannah's) when they come and force the bitches to share.

The other cities do have house issues.  Atlanta has moved to a whole separate place because the house Cynthia picked out wasn't up to their standards.  There has been squabbles over who got what room on OC, I believe, and BH has had it as well.  The other shows don't fight it out to the death the way that NY does, but a lot of that is typically Ramona and Luann, between Ramona's ransacking a house to have the best room and Luann demanding better rooms because reasons.  

2 hours ago, albarino said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  

I believe Kelly B criticized Bethanny for "oversharing" and Bethanny said she was on a reality TV program and didn't know how to "undershare" (my words).  I believe she is working through her emotions and grief and they happen to be during filming this season.  I don't believe there is anything nefarious happening but these are my opinions and I respect other viewpoints.

This.  Right or wrong, Bethenny is pretty much what you see is what you get.  I don't think she's particularly good at hiding her feelings if she's involved in a situation on a good/normal day, and I think with this type of situation, she has even less control.  It's also what makes her sort of polarizing, for me, personally, I like when I know where things stand with someone, and appreciate that I can just be like "Listen, you're being a lot right now, and I need you to dial it back" which would be something you could generally say to Bethenny (not related to Dennis, just in general life).  But, I realize that other people find that abrasive, and I can see why.  

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

This is also the first time he has appeared on any show and hasn't mentioned that he cooked for the Obamas.  Literally any other appearance, "Art what are you making for us?" "Well, I'm mixing up some salt and pepper right now, because when I cooked for the Obamas, they liked their food to have salt but not too much, because the Obamas are very healthy and I cooked for the Obamas"

• LOL 6
  • Love 7

Right or wrong, Bethenny is pretty much what you see is what you get.  I don't think she's particularly good at hiding her feelings if she's involved in a situation on a good/normal day, and I think with this type of situation, she has even less control. 

IMO, part of being an adult is being able to manage your feelings and not just let every damn thing in you’re head fly out your pie hole. It also means having a modicum of emotional intelligence, enough at least to understand that you’re words have meaning and consequences and sometimes you need to shut your damn mouth and not say hurtful, nasty shit on film. But hey, in the Ho franchises, these misguided, narcissistic bitches seem to think spewing any damn bullshit, no matter how nasty or hurtful, is ‘being truthful and honest’. 

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Can one of our beautiful real estate mavens please tell me what Bluestone Manor might sell for?   I didn’t realize it was a Stanford White project.

Zillow says it's worth about $4 million. Carole is the one who named it Bluestone Manor during the first ever trip to the house.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/25-W-Sheffield-Rd-Great-Barrington-MA-01230/63437244_zpid/

4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Supposedly, they do not.  They pay for the cast season trip.  They appoint one housewife to plan the schedule, though. This is when they say.....So, I was thinking ......we should all go to.......Mexico!!! Then they just all happen to be free that week.  Lol!

Looks like they provide car service to the parties. For safety and to catch good footage.

They pay for their own parties, but it looks like they can get their own sponsors.

Like when Kyle always has Fatburger at her parties..etc.

They had plenty of interviews where the HWs claim it is an expensive show to film. 

Supposedly, their electric bills triple if they film at home a lot.

As they have to put together as many as 80 outfits before they start filming. This is why they borrow clothes from stylist, etc.

Then they have to lease luxury homes and cars....If they don’t have them.

Rent the  Birkin!

This is why Housewives go broke.  Look at Porsha.  Just got hit with a huge tax bill.  But, she is always on the show looking gorgeous....rocking the best wigs and makeup. Even a $700,000 diamond.  (which is fake) LOL

Is Tinsley at a Hotel this season??  LMAO

That's pretty much my understanding too. The show pays for drivers and the big cast trip. The women are expected to pay for all the other shit in between. I believe they are also expected to throw/host one biggish event (one where most of the women are in attendance) a season. Dorinda's is usually her Berkshires trip. Sonja's was her Paper Magazine event. The clam bake was probably Barbara's.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, albarino said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.  

Dennis was married, with a wife and kids.  Beth should STFU.  No one wants to see her therapy sessions.  Everything is all about her.

• Love 24
On 4/10/2019 at 10:54 PM, rehoboth said:

Art Smith was totally ignored by everyone.  He is no shrinking violet so this must be the only Bravo show that he could not insert the fact that he has cooked for the Obamas (twice!) 

Way to go NY Housewives! 😄

Word but Bethenny did recognize him. It was quick and followed by no one else but she said, 'hey I know you!' 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, smores said:

I don't remember if Luann brought anything, but I'd guess that she probably did.  Though it is Luann, and it wouldn't surprise me if she thought her presence was gift enough.

See, I've always thought that when someone invites me over, it's because they want my presence and that my presence is gift enough.  But I hate the idea of forced gift-giving. 

Like when Barbara showed up somewhere (Bethenny's Hamptons place?) and was like, "Oh shit, I didn't bring her anything," and was going rush off to go buy something but then pulled out the tool kit and gave that to her...even though when Barbara gave it to her, Bethenny said something about already having one.  I'd feel guilty if I put someone in that position.

I like gifts that people give because they want to, not because they have to.  And the last thing I want is some damn candle because I invited somebody over for dinner and they thought they had to give me something.

And actually, as for Luann thinking her presence is gift enough, people are paying money to be in her presence, so she might have a point.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, ladle said:

Luann was being an asshole, but I don't know why they didn't just let her stay at the hotel if she wanted to. 

I wonder things like this too, but, then I think that despite what we are told about how Bravo reality works, there are people standing behind the cameras motioning for them to get her to the house.  Because, it's likely to be easier to film in one location, plus, more opportunity for some discord and fireworks. While I do believe a certain amount of what we get is genuine in the feelings department, I still believe the ladies know what they are to do and when to do it.  

• Love 7

The only person that needs to like the fish room is Dorinda - guests don’t get to choose nor criticize their host’s decor. (Especially if they’d like to be invited back).

Someone upthread mentioned Teletubbies, which made me LOL- I think Barb looks like a teletubby. 

If returning to a place where she was previously wasted triggers Luann, then she better move out of NYC, and NY state.......

• Love 21
22 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Bethenny saying Lu should be treating her like Christ because she helped her get to rehab was extremely obnoxious , and she needs to shut her mouth. You’re far from Christ, B. Have several church pews.  Also, having a period doesn’t make you  more youthful, and I’m pretty sure Ramona, and Sonja are having wayyyy more sex than you, Bethenny. 

[Cliiiiiiiip! For space]

Dorinda has a grand manor, but why does it reek of tackiness? The Halloween decorations are overkill, and in general her taste level is questionable. IMO, the best area is the pool. 

I totally agree; I was bothered by Bethenny’s self-comparison to Jesus. We know she’s given to hyperbole, but that was obnoxious. (Not that this crowd, aside from maybe Ramona, cares much... wasn’t it Luann that made devotional candles with a picture of herself and a sacred heart?) 

And I don’t like the Halloween decor either... it freaks me out, except for the silly inflatable Dracula that popped up from the coffin. I thought that was cute and kind of funny, especially how it was edited into the scene. Overall though, I also agree with the poster who said they’d take the dead fish decor over the Halloween decor.

In other news, I learned that the MORGAN Library has 3 copies of the Guggenheim Gutenberg Bible. Too bad it’s not as unique as the Morgan papers; there are *50* extant copies of that, yet only one of the vaunted Morgan grocery list or whatever it was. (PS my guess is that they don’t normally have those out, and brought them out for Sonja’s sake.)

Edited by ivygirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, smores said:

In an early season, Bethenny and Luann went for surfing lessons and Bethenny had to pay for them, which was especially shitty of Lu, as this was in her married Countess days.  This was also pre-SkinnyGirl for Bethenny, so you'd think Lu would have at least offered to pay her part, but nah.

The other cities do have house issues.  Atlanta has moved to a whole separate place because the house Cynthia picked out wasn't up to their standards.  There has been squabbles over who got what room on OC, I believe, and BH has had it as well.  The other shows don't fight it out to the death the way that NY does, but a lot of that is typically Ramona and Luann, between Ramona's ransacking a house to have the best room and Luann demanding better rooms because reasons.  

This.  Right or wrong, Bethenny is pretty much what you see is what you get.  I don't think she's particularly good at hiding her feelings if she's involved in a situation on a good/normal day, and I think with this type of situation, she has even less control.  It's also what makes her sort of polarizing, for me, personally, I like when I know where things stand with someone, and appreciate that I can just be like "Listen, you're being a lot right now, and I need you to dial it back" which would be something you could generally say to Bethenny (not related to Dennis, just in general life).  But, I realize that other people find that abrasive, and I can see why.  

This is also the first time he has appeared on any show and hasn't mentioned that he cooked for the Obamas.  Literally any other appearance, "Art what are you making for us?" "Well, I'm mixing up some salt and pepper right now, because when I cooked for the Obamas, they liked their food to have salt but not too much, because the Obamas are very healthy and I cooked for the Obamas"

Sam Kass was their chef in Illinois and at the White House...maybe Smith cooked for them for a couple of occasions and has parlayed that into a resume for himself. Disappointing to see him endorse and promote something so gross as a naked chef...

• Love 4

When I read posts about Barbara it hits me that she's on the show, otherwise, I just don't give her much attention.  When she's on screen, my mind must wander or that's when I take my bathroom break. lol  She's just doesn't capture my interest at all.  Makes me wonder who scouted for her.....odd. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, gingerella said:

And therein lies the beast that is Bethanny. She couldn't give a good goddamn about Dennis' kids seeing her spew her toxic, narcissistic bullshit on TV. She cares about nothing except herself and feathering her bank account. She really is a sad waste of a human being. Even her charity (and it's charity, hand outs, not hand ups) is filmed for the show to show what a magnanimous person she is. If she really cared, IMO, she would decline filming that aspect of her life, to keep it real and authentic, but nope, everything in her life is up for sale.

Oh my.  I feel a little silly for believing that Bethenny really had changed due to Dennis's death. Perhaps, it was premature. 

I'm not going to feel sorry of Sonja.  I mean, she still does have awesome connections. Just the other day John McEnroe was in tv interview and he confirmed that he did date her.   So, there's that. lol 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Sonja was calling the Morgan Estate ....Grey Gardens. Oh, look....rundown like my house....this and that.  Hahahaha!

(I guess Sonja already forgot she  told us stuff was broken because she was having sex on top of them)

Did Sonja say, she had circa  1600s furniture in her house?

I was waiting to see some monogram towels duct taped to the wall.

Then she started calling people on the portraits ugly.  How her daughter was beautiful.  Hahahah!

I am pretty sure the letters were a xerox copy.  Not the freaking originals! 

So, greasy finger touch away!

THANK U!  I was just about to post this!  I live just outside of Charleston, SC and plantation home tours are big business here.  A friend of mine was a tour guide on one of these homes and she said that stuff like letters on desks, ink wells, and things like that are just decorations and NOT ORIGINALS.  The paper is dyed a yellow tint and distressed on the sides to make it look authentic but if you pick the paper up (which a lot of people do) when touring the homes you would feel it's a heavy weight and not the leaf thin weight it would be if it was 100+ years old.  You would think Lady Morgan would now the difference between an original and a fake *eye roll*  Her flip out over Dorinda touching these precious items is just stupid. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

It’s fascinating that Bethenny and Barbara were the two people who most helped Luann through her last crises, yet Luann either wants to take the best room from one (Bethenny) or laughs heartily at the other getting the “worst” room (Barbara). The amount of ingratitude is staggering!

From what I understand, although there is a regular chef at the White House on a daily basis, they invite guest chefs in from time to time. Marcus Samuelson wrote in his memoir about the honor of being asked to be the chef for a White House State Dinner.

• Love 16
13 hours ago, kicksave said:

They sometimes had guest chefs or they may have gone to his restaurant here in WDC. Also, Sam wasn't the chef during the last two years of Obama's term.

Edited by politichick
to add something
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

The only person that needs to like the fish room is Dorinda - guests don’t get to choose nor criticize their host’s decor. (Especially if they’d like to be invited back).

Someone upthread mentioned Teletubbies, which made me LOL- I think Barb looks like a teletubby. 

If returning to a place where she was previously wasted triggers Luann, then she better move out of NYC, and NY state.......

And never, ever, ever, visit/vacation in Florida

• LOL 2
  • Love 9

Its been asked before but I have to ask again - WHY is Babs getting so much screen time!?  Being ultra rude, acting like she's at the same familiarity level as all these other bitches, and even getting TH's??  I don't give a shit what she thinks!!  Please, no more Babs!!

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, mostlylurking said:

Its been asked before but I have to ask again - WHY is Babs getting so much screen time!?  Being ultra rude, acting like she's at the same familiarity level as all these other bitches, and even getting TH's??  I don't give a shit what she thinks!!  Please, no more Babs!!

Yeah.  If I had lunch with a friend and Barb was also a guest, I'd be polite, but, I would not think that there was anything that I would have in common with her.  There would be no follow up calls, invitations, let's get together, etc.  Unless, I wanted to get an estimate on  replacing my counter tops or something. lol  I don't mean to seem mean, but, I just don't get a vibe from her that we would be pals.  She may be fine otherwise.   But, I also don't get vibes that I could be friends with housewives from NJ or ATL either. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

One thing about Babs that creeps me out is her seeming disrespect of personal space.  I don't like getting physically encroached upon, especially by strangers, and she always appears to be getting way too close to people.  Back up, Loretta.  You don't need to be close enough to plant one on my lips when you're just trying to talk to me.  That is, assuming you're just trying to talk to me.

• LOL 4
  • Love 17