Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Sleeping With the Fishes

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

Just as her getting married was an excuse, I think her being "triggered" is another one.  There's been a whole lot of shit that's gone down in Dorinda's house, so one would think that the house itself would be one giant trigger for her, starting with the shrubbery out front!

Dorinda needs to put this book in little gift bags for her guests:

one fish.jpg

With an edit - 

One fish

two fish

dead fish

Lu fish

• LOL 17
  • Love 7

Bwah, SuprSuprElevated!  If I had the book, I'd go through it and make a spoof about the ladies, like I do with songs, but I can't find the whole book online.  You're off to a great start with it!  I'd love a NYC HWs spin to it!  🙂 

I love your little cat picture. So cute!

• Love 4
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Every time they say fish room, I think of that fish heads song.  Sigh.

Last fall, we visited friends and were happy to take the last bedroom they had available in their house because we wanted to hang out with them instead of going to a hotel.  We shared it with three cats, a bird, a turtle and a fish - all living.  We were all fine and lived to tell the tale.  These women's continual complaints about the fish room (fish heads, fish heads, roly poly fish heads...) are ludicrous and extremely rude.

Exactly. You wanted to hang with your friends. Lu, conversely, had to adhere to her Bravo contract, which allows her to enjoy those covert Stoli purchases. She truly lives with her head up her yoga-toned heinie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

Bwah, SuprSuprElevated!  If I had the book, I'd go through it and make a spoof about the ladies, like I do with songs, but I can't find the whole book online.  You're off to a great start with it!  I'd love a NYC HWs spin to it!  🙂 

I love your little cat picture. So cute!

Thanks!  Here's a PDF of the text "through page 17".  Probably would lose us past that anyway, lol:

MFWI/Recordings/One Fish.pdf

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
22 hours ago, Reality police said:

I have a fantastic recipe for fried green tomatoes and shrimp salad. Oh so good. 

Can u put them on the talk thread? Sounds so good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2019 at 8:37 PM, sasha206 said:

I'm not saying she should keep her grief over him off the camera.  I'm saying she needs to stop speculating about WHY he OD'd.  She could easily grieve him on the camera without making the suggestion that he killed himself over unrequited love.  That's my problem.  No one on the planet thought he intentionally or accidentally killed himself over over Beth.   Now she's added another layer of grief to his family in my opinion.  It's awful enough for them to have to deal with an accidental OD.  It's far WORSE to think it could've been intentional over a breakup with Beth.  It's completely irresponsible and repulsive to me that her narcissism could cause his grieving kids more pain.

The fact that he asked for narcan shows it was accidental. If he set out to kill himself he would have quietly succumbed. I suppose it’s possible that he had a last minute change of heart. Possible but not likely.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Thanks!  Here's a PDF of the text "through page 17".  Probably would lose us past that anyway, lol:

Thanks!  You're right, that's a long book!  Here's a snippet of it.  Thanks for the first line, SuprSuprElevated!

One fish, two fish, dead fish, Lu fish

black fish, blue fish, wall fish, mount fish.

This room has a little gar.  This room has a little char.  Say! What a lot of fish there are.

Yes. Some are blue . And some are red.  Some have swords.  Some have big heads.

They are sad.  None of them glad. And some are very, very mad.

Why are they sad and not so glad? They took the bait and they were had. 

Some are thin.  And some are fat.  The swordfish had a Santa hat.

From there to here, from here to there, fishy things are everywhere.

The ladies all do protest. The room is only second best.  No fish room they all cried. Tacky fish we can't abide. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
18 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I agree with this.  It also occurred to me after I posted about how invasive of personal space she seems to be that her habit of sardining herself up against people could be a result of not understanding how camera shots work and trying to make sure she's included in all the shots.  Whatever her issues are, I'll be happy not to see her come back.

I see what you did. Hah!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a few thoughts about Lu and her room issues...one, AA says to stay away from people, places and things that trigger your habit so that room might be a trigger, ok, I get it but it also seemed like a convienent excuse to get what she wanted.  Remember the ski trip and she stomped around that house screaming how she is getting married and should have the best room!?

Lu has woken up in quite a few places hung over so she either needs the tools to deal with it or decline a trip to the Bershires.  That said, the way she carried on about the room could have been a chapter in the Class with the Countess on how not to be a gracious guest.   

I think the fish room is ugly but so what it is not my house and Dorinda did not ask me for the money to decorate it.

Dorinda is kind of a saint for not suggesting the hotel room would be better for her and letting her come back to her house because if it was my house I would recind my invite at the first sign of bitching about my fish rrom!

Sonja is a lunatic.  She is not a Morgan! She married in to the family and divorced the family!  Those bills on the desk could have been reproductions for all she knew.

Grown ups that still get their period should have learned long ago to carry supplies, Bethenny has people to do things for her so she could easily have a Period Butler, lol!

Ramona did not dry hump anyone on this trip so far.

I was waiting for Bethenny and Lu to make some crack about if Carole was at the Naked Chef dinner how she would have picked him up before the main course was served ala Sexy Salad chef boy.  The idea of having a naked chef eludes me, the health department has nothing to say about this practice?  

This cracked me up....other titles Vagina Valet, Coochie Chaletaine

Ramona sort of dry humped herself as she shimmied in front of the mirror.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I had a few thoughts about Lu and her room issues...one, AA says to stay away from people, places and things that trigger your habit so that room might be a trigger, ok, I get it but it also seemed like a convienent excuse to get what she wanted.  Remember the ski trip and she stomped around that house screaming how she is getting married and should have the best room!?

Lu has woken up in quite a few places hung over so she either needs the tools to deal with it or decline a trip to the Bershires.  That said, the way she carried on about the room could have been a chapter in the Class with the Countess on how not to be a gracious guest.   

I think the fish room is ugly but so what it is not my house and Dorinda did not ask me for the money to decorate it.

Dorinda is kind of a saint for not suggesting the hotel room would be better for her and letting her come back to her house because if it was my house I would recind my invite at the first sign of bitching about my fish rrom!

Sonja is a lunatic.  She is not a Morgan! She married in to the family and divorced the family!  Those bills on the desk could have been reproductions for all she knew.

Grown ups that still get their period should have learned long ago to carry supplies, Bethenny has people to do things for her so she could easily have a Period Butler, lol!

Ramona did not dry hump anyone on this trip so far.

I was waiting for Bethenny and Lu to make some crack about if Carole was at the Naked Chef dinner how she would have picked him up before the main course was served ala Sexy Salad chef boy.  The idea of having a naked chef eludes me, the health department has nothing to say about this practice?  

Don’t get me wrong, but I adore Sonja and think she’s a riot, but please, stop with the “how sexy am I” routine.  All she does is think and talk about sex, how, where, when, with who, etc.  Who gives a shit. We’ve all been there, done that, but didn’t break a sink, lol.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Don’t get me wrong, but I adore Sonja and think she’s a riot, but please, stop with the “how sexy am I” routine.  All she does is think and talk about sex, how, where, when, with who, etc.  Who gives a shit. We’ve all been there, done that, but didn’t break a sink, lol.

Her incesent need to be seen as a sex object is pathetic, there is nothing sexy about constantly telling everyone how sexy you are.  If you were a man of means in the Manhattan area would you even consider Sonja, I think not!

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Her incesent need to be seen as a sex object is pathetic, there is nothing sexy about constantly telling everyone how sexy you are.  If you were a man of means in the Manhattan area would you even consider Sonja, I think not!

Thems that do, do.  Thems that don't, talk.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
35 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Sonja isn't my favorite Housewife but there are times I enjoy her. A few years ago I thought Sonja had a sexy vibe but that vibe has gone. She comes off as pathetic and grody( lol it fits).  Nothing about her is "sexy" we've seen her do the sex kitten bullshit for to long and not only do I not care I'm not buying it. Can she get a man to bang her, of course. We all have seen women not near as "attractive" as Sonja get men to have sex with them. So,  I'm not impressed.  The thing I find the most unattractive about Sonja is her odd need to hold on to the Morgan name. I don't mean she should change her, that's on her she has a child that's a Morgan so I get that I guess. It's the weird way she wants to act like shes still a part of that life. The man giving them the tour of that Morgan Home  kept saying your relative blah blah blah. I would have corrected him and said my ex husband's relatives.  She would have only had to say it  once the man would get it.  It came off so bizarre, as it always does when Sonja goes all Morgan on us. Then her mumbling to herself about the claw feet and the boxes and who is paying for things they have to be maintained  blah blah.  I'm sure her daughter's father / family are maintaining the Morgan antiques for her. Sonja is just pathetic.  I cannot see a man of substance that would want a relationship with  Sonja Morgan keeper of  the dusty moldy manor or should that be townhouse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Well done @ChitChat

Thanks!  From now on I will think of LuAnn as "Lu Fish!"  That line cracked me up!

4 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

And Ms. Morgan had sex on all of them.  If renting, use Clorox.

She probably had sex on anything and everything in that house!  It's going to take a lot of bleach to clean that place!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, Satchels of gold said:

The fact that he asked for narcan shows it was accidental. If he set out to kill himself he would have quietly succumbed. I suppose it’s possible that he had a last minute change of heart. Possible but not likely.

That's a very good point!  One that Beth should've considered but she probably discounted that bc it doesn't go with her, "He was soooooooooo in love with me and because he couldn't have me..."

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

One that Beth should've considered but she probably discounted that bc it doesn't go with her, "He was soooooooooo in love with me and because he couldn't have me..."

She's the kind of person in which everything is always about her.  She and those around her can go through the same issues/trauma, but it will always affect her the most (in her mind).  I have a SIL kind of like this.  All of the focus has to be on her.  That's why Bethenny is so exhausting to me.  I've read where some people are able to get past certain things in life, while others remain stuck and can't move on as quickly.  That's not to say anybody ever gets over a situation, but that some are able to move forward a little sooner.  

Bethenny also has to tell everybody all of her day-to-day problems.  Watching her is basically hearing a running commentary on her minute-by-minute activities.  I really don't need to hear that she needs a tampon.  It's that kind of endless chatter that drives me nuts.  

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

This is one of the saddest things about Sonja and Ramona - their self-esteem seems to be entirely based on their appearance and being sexy.  When Ramona shimmied and admired herself in front of the mirror and was so pleased that she was still so sexy, I support her for feeling good about herself, but couldn't help but think maybe she'd be happier if she didn't feel such pressure to look sexy.  There is such a freedom and confidence that comes from not caring whether others find you sexy or not - it's an internal confidence not derived from other people's opinions or validation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Sonja isn't my favorite Housewife but there are times I enjoy her. A few years ago I thought Sonja had a sexy vibe but that vibe has gone. She comes off as pathetic and grody( lol it fits).  Nothing about her is "sexy" we've seen her do the sex kitten bullshit for to long and not only do I not care I'm not buying it. Can she get a man to bang her, of course. We all have seen women not near as "attractive" as Sonja get men to have sex with them. So,  I'm not impressed.  The thing I find the most unattractive about Sonja is her odd need to hold on to the Morgan name. I don't mean she should change her, that's on her she has a child that's a Morgan so I get that I guess. It's the weird way she wants to act like shes still a part of that life. The man giving them the tour of that Morgan Home  kept saying your relative blah blah blah. I would have corrected him and said my ex husband's relatives.  She would have only had to say it  once the man would get it.  It came off so bizarre, as it always does when Sonja goes all Morgan on us. Then her mumbling to herself about the claw feet and the boxes and who is paying for things they have to be maintained  blah blah.  I'm sure her daughter's father / family are maintaining the Morgan antiques for her. Sonja is just pathetic.  I cannot see a man of substance that would want a relationship with  Sonja Morgan keeper of  the dusty moldy manor or should that be townhouse. 

Men in NY will have sex with any average- to above-average-looking woman. Trust me. I lived there for 18 years. I am no sex goddess. It is very, very easy to get laid if you’re a woman in NY.

I question Morgan’s judgment and taste. Unless Sonja roofied him to get him to marry her.  She’s repulsive with the farting and constantly flashing her cooch and a- -. He brought her to dignified dinner parties? I can’t imagine her conversing for more than 15 minutes without mentioning her d- - -o or the fact that she’s not wearing underwear.  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

We’ve all been there, done that, but didn’t break a sink, lol.

I mean, if you didn't break the sink, I think you're still a virgin in the eyes of God.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, izabella said:

This is one of the saddest things about Sonja and Ramona - their self-esteem seems to be entirely based on their appearance and being sexy.  When Ramona shimmied and admired herself in front of the mirror and was so pleased that she was still so sexy, I support her for feeling good about herself, but couldn't help but think maybe she'd be happier if she didn't feel such pressure to look sexy.  There is such a freedom and confidence that comes from not caring whether others find you sexy or not - it's an internal confidence not derived from other people's opinions or validation.

The problem with Ramona and the others is that they are superficial and they think self worth is found in their appearance.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

The problem with Ramona and the others is that they are superficial and they think self worth is found in their appearance.  

That seems to be a common theme with all the HW franchises.   I'm hard pressed to think of anyone it doesn't apply to.    Is there a HW who isn't superficially concerned with their appearance?

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2

Yeah, Sonja mentioned in one of the last two episodes that the "long-term renters" had moved out, and implied that they left it in bad condition.  Doesn't seem like it's been more than a year and a half or so since she rented it.  Is that considered "long-term"?  Maybe.  Anyway, she had better hope that it becomes rerented soon.  That rent on the new place comes due every month.  Dunno what she earns from Bravo and her little illigitimate clothing line...is it enough to cover her overhead?  I wouldn't know.  I'm over here in Flyoverville.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 4

That Bethanny is making Dennis' death about her is typical Bethanny. Sorry, but if he wanted to be with her, he would have been with her. I don't buy that he wanted her so bad that he killed himself. At all. Older white men are more likely to commit suicide than any other race/ethnicity in the US. It's a huge public health problem, and not yet an epidemic, but I believe it has the potential to be. Older white men, especially well-to-do white men, have major problems with aging, feeling a loss of their privilege as white men, and family breakdown (he was in the midst of divorce). Also, older white men are less likely to seek mental health help which can screw them if they get addicted to opiods. I think Dennis' real problem was the opioid use and refusal to accept that he was getting older and his wife was moving on. Plus, the feds were after him for money. So he was ripe for drastic action. Just My thoughts.

https://www.menshealth.com/health/a19519415/suicide-rates-middle-age-men/

Luanne was annoying me at first with her refusal to sleep in the fish room, but I honestly think she just isn't good at verbal communication. The look of relief and content on her face when Dorinda agreed to give her a different room wasn't arrogance. I think, given that Sonia and Ramona started laughing and cackling as soon as Dorinda told her she was in the fish room, coupled with the news that Bethanny got the room of her choice even though she wasn't even there, AND her major feud with Dorinda that recently was sort of resolved, made her feel humiliated. I'm glad she stood up for herself. Yes, the room is perfectly fine, but this issue is all grey, since there is so much history and backstory to the relationships and Luanne's going through a bit of a downfall. I thought, after Dorinda agreed to give her a different room, she looked happy in a very raw type of way. My heart just sort of went out to her. Yes, she's first out for herself, and she's uber competitive, but she has a softness that I pick up on and like.

Although when she ordered Tinsely to remove her bags it was a bit of let down for me. But humility does not come naturally to Luanne.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AnnA said:

I'm hard pressed to think of anyone it doesn't apply to.    Is there a HW who isn't superficially concerned with their appearance?

Most of the HWs are constantly checking their look in the mirror and adding makeup and lipstick, but I attribute that to being on TV.  I think Sonja and Ramona take it to another level by constantly having to validate themselves by being overly flirtatious.  They're always needing that approval since they don't have someone at home to compliment them.  I'm sure it was an extra kick in the gut for Ramona to be cheated on.  I'm sure that would kill one's self-esteem as your spouse basically trades you in for a younger woman.  They really don't need to try so hard.  It is embarrassing how they act.   

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

They really don't need to try so hard.  It is embarrassing how they act.   

I think they do need to try so hard if they want the level of attention they are seeking. They aren't super hot 20 year olds walking into an anytown club. And they aren't young. They aren't super models. They need to put themselves out there if they want any traction. IMO. The guys they want would be the guys that might like TInsely. I think Sonia and Ramona might have to do a Carole and settle with a boy toy if they want a "relationship." Or else lower their standards and/or move to a different city.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Sonja doesn't understand she can't be both a lady and a tramp.  She's just a tramp. That's why she is divorced.

Yes, a tramp who wouldn't leave San Tropez to be at her husband's side when he was injured in an accident.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think they do need to try so hard if they want the level of attention they are seeking. They aren't super hot 20 year olds walking into an anytown club. And they aren't young. They aren't super models. They need to put themselves out there if they want any traction. IMO. The guys they want would be the guys that might like TInsely. I think Sonia and Ramona might have to do a Carole and settle with a boy toy if they want a "relationship." Or else lower their standards and/or move to a different city.

i think age-appropriate guys would appreciate a confident woman who didn't need to resort to overtly sexual comments/behavior.   The younger ones they want probably just would be in it for a fuck or take advantage of their fame for their own fame (ahem Adam).

• Love 5
On 4/13/2019 at 2:09 PM, PradaKitty said:

Regarding the “fish room”-  do all of these women sleep with their eyes open? Honestly, go to bed, close your eyes, and the fish magically disappear. 

And I Love the Halloween decor. (That may be because my birthday is on Halloween...)

Mine is too! 😁

• Love 2

The weirdest thing about Luann's horrid behavior is that it is so out of character.  Not that she hasn't been rude before (many times), but manners have always seemed important to her if only to keep up that "Countess" persona.  When they took that trip to Columbia and all the ladies were bitching about the rooms and not having bathtubs or some shit, Luann told the person leading her to her room that she was sure all the rooms were lovely.  It's just weird.

God, Sonja and all the Morgan crap.  She's so concerned about the letters but she's letting her own Morgan property rot from the inside out.  I do think when she was married to old man Morgan she was also able to keep her hoebag tendencies in check for a while; I remember once when she sat in on a board meeting or something for Bethany's company and she actually managed to ask some insightful questions.  Of course the true person always comes and that's probably when the marriage ended.  I have to agree with Dorinda though, it's very embarrassing that she still calls the Morgans her relatives.  Not that she needs to change her name back but her daughter is a Morgan.  She is not.

Loved Ramona and Tinsley shading Babs about wanting to sit at the head of the table.  Bitch please.

• Love 6

So I wonder if all this flippant attitude is what got her sued from her kids. I can picture the Count saying - hey kids you get money from the sale, Noel and Victoria confront LuAnn and she says she needs the money because of what she has been through or some shit like that - 

• Love 7

Show is on in the background and i see them get on the yacht after the doggie fashion show. With as many events that Luanne had on a yacht during her engagement, wedding, and others, you would think that would be a MAJOR TRIGGER for her. Doesn't seem to be an issue. She even moved a glass of rose that the server gave her. Hmmmm. ???????

Boy they are going after Tinsley about Scott. Now I know why she reacted so strongly about making that phone call. She just told them she would never tell him a timeline. 

I really need to go back and watch prior episodes more often. 

Edited by Reality police
Tinsley
  • Love 3
On 4/11/2019 at 3:53 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I think there are some people who are just built a certain way internally (some call it personality disorder) and there is really no way they are going to see things differently or change. You could see much of how Lu is in that special that featured her a couple of years ago.  It was like a Bravo biography.  You could literally see how the Lu we see was much the same as a young woman.  Apparently, it's in her DNA.  So, whatever you call it, (narcissism I suspect), she's likely to always be this way, no matter the consequences and no matter what anyone says to her.  

I think that with most all of the housewives, the trouble in their lives, is because they can't get out of their own way.  

I agree. And I don't understand why these women don't get it. 

Look I personally think Lu is extra draining this season and it's absolutely impossible to defend some of her behavior but I've always been a Lu fan. She can be annoying and obnoxious. Oh well. I mean I still get a kick at how eager the wives tend to be with regards to knocking Lu "down a peg". I never understand why that's such a "way to go" in this world. Sometimes people are who they are and that's all there is to it. Unless they are plotting your demise or trying to deliberately affect your life negatively (i.e. deliberately putting things in motion to deliberately affect your quality of life for spiteful reasons) I don't see the point in having this elaborate plan to chastise, chip away or mold Lu into someone they approve of. Either deal or don't. Confront in the moment or don't. I don't mind people telling Lu about herself whenever they get a hair up their ass but then get on with it. I get more frustrated with their manufactured frustration with her than anything Lu does. After watching Lu for all these season I am 100% sure that I would be able to glide right through any and all interactions with her without all these hurt feelings. Maybe I would lose my cool once in a while but I sure as hell would call her on it, have a discussion. Lay it out plain as day and then receive her response however I need to and make decisions as I go about future interactions with her.  I think she would be one of the easiest Housewives for me to figure out how to interact with on a regular basis without all the nonsense. After all these seasons the biggest gripe they all ever come up with is that she's pretentious, arrogant and acts superior. Ummmm, ok... and???? As harsh and petty as she's been on occasion I've never seen her be cut to the bone vicious.  Has she taken jabs sure but I've never seen her go for the jugular and I can't really say that about any of the other ladies. Even Tinsley and even Sonja.

I've always hated the idea of "putting someone in their place". I think it's ironic cause the biggest gripe is that Lu thinks she above but the idea that Lu needs to be cut down to size uses the logic that she has no reason to see herself in such regard and is required to view others around her as better than her. Cause I don't buy the angle that they want her to behavior as if she no better or worse than the others. I believe that some of these womens true gripes is that she beat them to the pedestal and set up shop and they are pissy as hell that she doesn't relinquish the spot no matter how many times she stumbles and I'm here for it! LOL! 

It's like sometimes I laugh with Lu cause there's a part of me that thinks I truly understand what her message really is. "Hey darling, this pedestal is mine, and for the life of me I don't understand why you're wasting all your efforts trying to knock me off of this one when you could be snatching that one right other there all for yourself." Hell some of them are already on pedestals of their own shouting at Lu to get off hers and that's one of my biggest grievances. They act like they don't all have their arrogant tendencies and superiority complexes and it pains me to see, season after season them chomping at the bit at whatever catastrophe is swirling about Lu to see if this may just be the thing that will finally knock her off. There's always that air about them towards Lu and I find that extremely sad while others find it satisfying.

If I don't like someone I just distance myself.  If I have no choice but to share space with them once in awhile then I would do it amicably and civilly. Never would I wish for someone to fall on hardships and emotional distress just because I don't care for the way they carry themselves. I would determine the level of friendship I extend sure but not caring for a persons disposition would hardly be a reason for me to want to truly wish them ill will. That's such a sad sad way to live and unfortunately some of these wives just relish in things like that.  Makes no sense to me. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2019 at 2:11 PM, Gem 10 said:

Luann should be so grateful.  Instead, she’s got her nose up in the air.  Just to think.  As long as she’s on this show, people will go to see her acts.  She will generate a lot of money for just saying a few words on stage.  She can’t sing or dance.  She just has to look fabulous.  What a world.

And she capitalizes on that. She always has. I do admire that about her and I think that's where most of the arrogance comes from. As well as the defiance. She did come from humble beginnings and just by being this outgoing, carefree, stunning beauty she's floated through life from one endeavor to another. Ups, downs, pain, hardship, glamour, glitz. I think she knows very well all of her stations in life and has taken stock over the years. I think what keeps her going is knowing that she'll always have the temperament to push through even ugly situations. She does it by putting on a smile and a shit load of "daaaaarrrlingggs". Why she can't have that I'm still trying to figure out. 

Some people need to hold on to that to survive and at least she keeps active and keeps hustling. She doesn't fall into the abyss of "just memories" like Sonja. Lu is faltering, I will say but the idea that these women need to snatch her star away in order to what exactly? I think flying high on life and is what gives her the energy to get out of bed in the morning. I think it's dangerous to try and snuff that out try to convince her she's just ordinary. We wouldn't do that to a struggling introvert but find someone who is larger than life and lives off of that adrenaline and somehow that's something to be cut down.

I personally love her zest for life and I'm sad that the other women have always been disapproving of that. I've never thought their gripes with her were ever truly founded on anything real. Just an overall dislike of her pretensiousness. Oh there are far worse things to be. I've said it before, I would never feel small next to Lu and I wouldn't have to cut her down in order to feel comfortable around her and this is coming from a Puerto Rican chick that grew up in The Bronx who has never made it to the social scene at that level. These women put too much into everything Lu does, says, lives and breathes. Mountains out of mohills for sure. It's just very sad since this season she is truly dealing with some REAL shit and even though I've noticed a significate softening up by some of them it won't last and it'll be right back to the cattiness and the harsh criticisms and the ultimate glee.

Edited by Yours Truly