Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E06: Sleeping With the Fishes

• Start Topic

So, maybe it’s just me, but I think Dorinda taking the group to the Morgan summer cottage was just a not so subtle way of rubbing Sonjia’s nose in the shit reminder of all she had and lost. Drunk  or sober, Dorinda has a real nasty streak to pick on Sonjia. I see her as the weakest and most pathetic of them all. Plus, she really is the nicest of all the harridans. 

And while we are in the subject of Dorinda, girl needs to set some boundries. She bends over backwards for these heifers and then snaps and turns vicious. It’s a Jekyll and Hyde transformation that just wears me out. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

What gets to me more is that green semigloss paint over such a large surface of wall area. It's horrendous.  And I've never seen or thought possible that taxidermy would go in a bedroom.   Move that shit to a den or a library....

I believe that Dorinda mentioned the walls were coated with 12 layers of lacquer to get that effect.  I’m not crazy about that either.  Still, that is a beautiful home designed by the architect Stanford White and that’s a big deal.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 3
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Bullshit. Or she's a lot dumber than she looks. That being said I'd be happy to stay in that room.

Yep, me too and so would a lot of other people (80 something %) according to a poll they just did on WWHL. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 14

I hope Sonja takes her daughter to that Morgan house. Quincy needs to have every opportunity to see all the history of her family. I thought it was nice of D to arrange the tour for that crazy group. Guess I should have known that S would have lost her shit. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

I'm so over Barbara. She walked in oozing attitude. From her comments about the room to wanting to sit at the head of the table. Just go home already. 

I think she's trying to bring the drama to get an apple. I don't see it happening. She doesn't fit in with this group. She is so coarse.

50 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

So, wait - let me get this straight, because I am confused. 

When they all got back to Dorinda's house, Tinsley packs up her stuff and moves into her new room, in order to give Luann her original room.  But, Tinsley doesn't move into the shark room - she moves into a completely different room! 

Then, Dorinda says that she has five guest rooms.  So, I'm guessing that the house has at least seven bedrooms - Dorinda's room, Dorinda's daughter's room, and five guest rooms (and, perhaps, maids' rooms somewhere else).  Dorinda is sleeping in her room, Bethenny is in Dorinda's daughter's room, and there is five extra bedrooms for the five other women.

So, all this fighting about who was going to stay in the shark room was all bullshit?  Who was supposed to stay in that extra non-shark bedroom - Barbara?  Well, if that's the case, I kind of get why Luann was pissed.  Lu's behavior was extremely rude and discourteous, but if she was staying for two nights and Bethenny and Barbara are only staying one night, why would they get the "better" rooms?  Why didn't Dorinda just give Luann the choice of picking one or the other, and then, Barbara would have to stay wherever Luann isn't?  

This seemed like producer manipulation to me, unless, of course, Dorinda thinks that the shark room is better than the other rooms in the house.

I'm quite sure I heard Dorinda say that the house had 7 bedrooms, so that would be one bedroom for each of them (Dor, Beth, Tins, Lu, Barb, Ramona, Sonja), meaning one person would have to stay in the shark room. On the night Lu arrived, Beth and Barb hadn't arrived so there were two extra bedrooms that night and Tins moved into the non-shark room. Except, I'm sure that Ramona and Sonja are sharing a room aren't they? That would mean that you are right, there would be an extra empty room. So why did Dorinda say on the first night that she was one room short which is why Ramona and Sonja said they would share? I'm confused.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Everybody hates the fish room.

There's got to be something we don't know.

water fish GIF

Maybe they think Dorinda is sending them a message about "sleeping with the fishes" (R.I.P. Luca Brasi).

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

This show is better than the Godfather trilogy and the Bible! 

The Guggenheim Bible that is under plexiglass like the Morgan letters should be?

• LOL 10
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Wow. Lu had a full on hissy fit and almost got a room at a hotel. I just cannot believe the lack of grace and manners these women are exhibiting. I would never insult a friend's home or decor. 

Oh, and it's triggering? Because she was drunk there? Looks like she better just leave New England entirely, if that's the way it works. 

So then Tinsley, who was FULLY unpacked, has to relocate all of her stuff! She's a better woman than I am. And Dorinda is really keeping it together better than I would as well. 

Not that I think My deserves it; but I was glad Dorinda finally apologized. I think she just had to allow herself to get to a vulnerable place. But now it's just one less thing Lu can hold over her head. 

Taking Sonja to Ventfort Hall was a horrible idea. I knew it before they even walked in. That's why she ended up so drunk. She can't cope with the reminders of the life she lost. Dorinda isn't jealous that you were married to a Morgan. You're jealous that you no longer are. It's really quite sad. 

NY always has the best comic relief. Every time that Dracula popped up to spy on them talking by the pool I just burst out laughing. 

Poor Tinsley. I do think she really does get the short end of the stick a lot. But her analogywas awfully graphic. 

I'm so over Barbara. She walked in oozing attitude. From her comments about the room to wanting to sit at the head of the table. Just go home already. 

Barbara is not nice.

She doesn't want Dorinda and Luann to make up.

You know Luann texted Barbara about the "Fish" room and Barbara isn't in a place to complain about another woman's decor when we;ve seen her place.

She's made snipes about Bethenny behind her back multiple times in TH shots and then you see her hug her like a lifeline when B arrived.

• Love 23
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

And Luann's about to go on the warpath.

Well, Jacques did always call her his “Wild Indian”...

57 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Right.  Unless she got her period walking from the limo to the front door, there is no way she couldn’t have had the driver pull over at a Walgreens for her to pick some up.  She remembered her 5 diamond rings, but doesn’t have a sleeve of tampons in her luggage?  

She was also staying in Hannah’s room, which I would guess is an en-suite, and probably has supplies in the cabinet.  JUST A GUESS.

I’m thinking too hard about this, but—it doesn’t make sense to me that she wouldn’t have any on hand. I get that things happen (like whoops, got this mid-day), but if you’re traveling... wouldn’t you know it was about that time and plan ahead? Or, if she’s at the perimenopausal “unpredictable” stage, wouldn’t she ALWAYS have them on hand? Either way, why make it a thing on camera? (Because: Bethenny. But still...)

• Love 12
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Ain't nobody want to look at a naked hairy ass while cooking and serving them their dinner. 

I think he tried to manscape a bit on the buttocks - he did a poor job as the ass crack had this shadow making it look like he didn't properly use the toilet paper after dropping a deuce

tenor.gif

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tranquilidade said:

What gets to me more is that green semigloss paint over such a large surface of wall area. It's horrendous.  And I've never seen or thought possible that taxidermy would go in a bedroom.   Move that shit to a den or a library....

Serious meds adjustment needed: STAT.  Or, do we have another patient for rehab?

I totally agree. There is nothing attractive about the way that room is decorated, from the paint color, to the bedding to the stuffed fish. U-g-l-y.  Taxidermy does not belong in a bedroom. A bedroom should have a soothing quality that is conducive to promoting a restful sleep. That room has none of those qualities. I think Dorinda has bad taste in home decor. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, rehoboth said:

Art Smith was totally ignored by everyone.  He is no shrinking violet so this must be the only Bravo show that he could not insert the fact that he has cooked for the Obamas (twice!) 

Way to go NY Housewives! 😄

Wasn't Art Smith Oprah's Chef for the longest time

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Chickabiddy said:

So, maybe it’s just me, but I think Dorinda taking the group to the Morgan summer cottage was just a not so subtle way of rubbing Sonjia’s nose in the shit reminder of all she had and lost. Drunk  or sober, Dorinda has a real nasty streak to pick on Sonjia. I see her as the weakest and most pathetic of them all. Plus, she really is the nicest of all the harridans. 

And while we are in the subject of Dorinda, girl needs to set some boundries. She bends over backwards for these heifers and then snaps and turns vicious. It’s a Jekyll and Hyde transformation that just wears me out. 

I thought Dorinda held it together this episode - more so than I would have.

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Well, Jacques did always call her his “Wild Indian”...

I’m thinking too hard about this, but—it doesn’t make sense to me that she wouldn’t have any on hand. I get that things happen (like whoops, got this mid-day), but if you’re traveling... wouldn’t you know it was about that time and plan ahead? Or, if she’s at the perimenopausal “unpredictable” stage, wouldn’t she ALWAYS have them on hand? Either way, why make it a thing on camera? (Because: Bethenny. But still...)

She’s a multi millionaire, it makes NO SENSE.  She just wanted attention.  She could have post mated them to be delivered to the house en route, she could have stopped along the way, she could have had a post mates driver meet her on the side of the highway, hell she could have had the post mate driver pull up alongside the limo and toss them across to her relay style.  It’s ridiculous.  And it’s also not the first time she has made a dig to this group about menopause.  Girl, it’s just around the corner for you so shut the fuck up.  

Why no Skinny Girl feminine products???  

9 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think he tried to manscape a bit on the buttocks - he did a poor job as the ass crack had this shadow making it look like he didn't properly use the toilet paper after dropping a deuce

tenor.gif

Looked like he had a case of ass-ne, too. 🤮

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

Why is Luann drinking "cranberry juice" out of a wineglass in the kitchen when everyone else was outside?  One minute she's got a mug of coffee or tea in her hand asking Art Smith about the garnishes, and the next minute there's a quick flash of her drinking a red liquid from a wineglass ...

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Since I am too lazy to google, does the naked chef  really use the moniker the "Bear Naked Chef" as the caption read, or does the captioning person not know the difference between "bear" and "bare"? 

9 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I'm a heterosexual woman and I apologize in advance for this, but I'm going to just put it out there that maybe the target for the naked chef is gay men, since he goes by Bear Naked Chef and a "bear" is a hairy gay man in the cultural vernacular and Art Smith is also an active member of that community.

Yeah, he's a gay man, a bear, and a chef.

4 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Why is Luann drinking "cranberry juice" out of a wineglass in the kitchen when everyone else was outside?  One minute she's got a mug of coffee or tea in her hand asking Art Smith about the garnishes, and the next minute there's a quick flash of her drinking a red liquid from a wineglass ...

So we won't notice when she adds vodka to her "cranberry juice."

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

I have not seen anyone comment on the tea that Bethenny spilled.  Luann checked herself out of rehab two weeks early so she could do her cabaret show.  I would not be surprised to find out Lu has been drinking/drugging in secret.   

I’d like to know why Bethenny is taking notes on Luann’s rehab accountability.  If she paid for it, mention it all.  Otherwise she should probably zip it.  It’s not like she is some bastion of mental health stability.   She also compared one of them , Lu or Sonja, to her mom.  Hmmmmm....wonder how Brynn feels about YOUR mania, Bethenny??? 

And no, I’m not surprised that Luann has been imbibing in secret, if she has been.  

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

Can we go ahead and vote Barbara off the island?

Funny you should say that. The recapper at Vulture is theorizing that Barbara was meant to be a cast member this season but that the HWs (except Luann) banded together to push her out so that she's been retroactively reduced to... whatever someone is called when they don't have an apple but still get talking heads and plenty of screen time.

• Useful 5
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, ninjago said:

I'm a heterosexual woman and I apologize in advance for this, but I'm going to just put it out there that maybe the target for the naked chef is gay men, since he goes by Bear Naked Chef and a "bear" is a hairy gay man in the cultural vernacular and Art Smith is also an active member of that community.

See, you learn something every day. I have had gay friends since my teens (I am now in my early 60s) and had no idea about the term bear in relation to gay men. So then I did google the Bear Naked Chef, and came up with a website with a close up picture of a very hairy chest standing in a kitchen, over food. He is certainly as hairy as a bear - lol. No manscaping for him - at least in that area. 

• Love 1

I have seen friends at the level of drunk that Sonja was. I can't imagine sitting through a meal with them like that. That's bedtime! Good on Bethenny for telling Sonja to drink water first.

I already knew how ASiB ended. My ex saw it with his new boyfriend on their first date and he moved in five days later so I will never ever ever ever ever watch it.

As an astrology nerd, I *loved* Tinsley's Leo tee.

Edited by JakeyJokes
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

See, you learn something every day. I have had gay friends since my teens (I am now in my early 60s) and had no idea about the term bear in relation to gay men. So then I did google the Bear Naked Chef, and came up with a website with a close up picture of a very hairy chest standing in a kitchen, over food. He is certainly as hairy as a bear - lol. No manscaping for him - at least in that area. 

Yeah, it's the whole animal world out there in (gay) body types - bears, cubs, otters, wolves...

Edited by sheetmoss
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think I heard her tell Barbara not to hang anything on it because it cost $12,000. Just proves some people have more money than sense.

It's real taxidermy, I believe all of the sea life she has on the walls are real (and likely vintage) taxidermy.  

I personally like the fish room. I just wish the paint was a deep blue instead the green, but I'd be happy to stay in the room! 

But I also collect taxidermy. I even keep specimens in my kitchen so I could not care less if it is in a guestroom - it's your house, your guest doesn't need to like your taste. Plus, I love dark and/or creepy decor, so I get that it's not for everyone, but it's totally my world. 😎

Edited by lilsadone
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
4 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Then, Dorinda says that she has five guest rooms.  So, I'm guessing that the house has at least seven bedrooms - Dorinda's room, Dorinda's daughter's room, and five guest rooms (and, perhaps, maids' rooms somewhere else).  Dorinda is sleeping in her room, Bethenny is in Dorinda's daughter's room, and there is five extra bedrooms for the five other women.

Dorinda has 7 bedrooms, I think Tinsley said it.  So, with that in mind:

1 Dorinda's room

2 Hannah's room- Bethenny 

3 Moroccan room- Tinsley but then Luann

4 Light blue with hot pink benches- Sonja or Ramona

5 ??? theme - Sonja or Ramona

6 ??? theme- Tinsley

7 fish room - Barbara

But then Dorinda was saying she was short a bedroom, and was kind of hinting that people would have to share, so that's weird.  Plus, Sonja kept saying she was sleeping with Bethenny that night, so maybe one of the rooms was taken by production or is used by staff?

3 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Sonja really lost me when she pulled her fraud stunts, but I do think Dorinda has been especially shitty to her.  She is back to being the Sonja from Scary Island, where she's generally (until the end of this episode), fun, light and social and keeps things moving.  

3 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Bethenny with “I need a tampon does anyone have one?” Seems to me she was implying of course not, you don’t need them anyone. Bethenny, honey, there will come a day when you don’t need them anymore either, or you don’t because, well, you’re not around to be crying or doing much of anything (I digress).

This didn't seem that weird to me, if you aren't someone who gets your period regularly, it can catch you off guard sometimes.  And there are times I forget things that I thought I had packed.  I travel fairly often, enough so that I keep a toiletry bag packed with a second set of everything I normally use. When I come home from a trip, I replace toothpaste, deodorant, etc if it needs to be replaced so I just have to grab the bag to go on the next trip.  Except somehow I've found myself with no facial cleanser on a trip, despite it always being in the bag, same with moisturizer (but on a different trip), etc.  Things happen.

3 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The best part of this episode for me was when Sonja was at the Morgan house, and talking about how she had a historic Morgan house as well. When she talked about the huge responsibility of keeping this historic part of history up (paraphrasing here), then the editors cut to the scene of Sonja explaining that the sink is broken because she was having sex on it, and it pulled away from the wall, I lost it. This franchise either has the best editors, or they just have the best material to work with. 

Sonja claiming that her townhouse was the same as this old Morgan house was hysterical.

2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Medicinal wine from a teaspoon . . .

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

SAME! I thought the exact same thing. 

I thought it was a low-key way to ruin Sonjas visit or try to kick her down a peg. I think Sonja got so drunk that night because she had some sadness after visiting that house and was trying to drink her feelings away. 

Dorinda hates when Sonja talks about her life as a Morgan, it honestly doesn't make any sense for her to plan a trip there. 

• Love 15

4 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

Bethenny with “I need a tampon does anyone have one?” Seems to me she was implying of course not, you don’t need them anyone. Bethenny, honey, there will come a day when you don’t need them anymore either, or you don’t because, well, you’re not around to be crying or doing much of anything (I digress).

Y'all remember how bringing up that she still got her period was Ramonas favorite thing to do?!! We couldn't go a single season without Ramona reminding us that she hadn't hit menopause yet. 🤣

• LOL 4
  • Love 15