Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: Reunion

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Me two minutes before the reunion began: "YAAAS! Tell me all the dirt. I wanna hear everything!"
Me two minutes after the reunion began: "What the fuck? No Chandler and no Caroline? Why am I watching this?"
Me ten minutes before the end: "Apparently I'm watching to hear Rhylee not take any responsibility and talk about how much sex she had with everyone. Fun."

Meh. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 17

Yes that was a very underwhelming reunion. It seemed so scattered and just... unorganized or something. I personally don’t feel like one hour was enough time to cover the whole season. I’m thinking they may have made it a two-parter if Caroline has agreed to come (or was even invited??) but who knows for sure. 

I thought for sure they’de dig more deeply into the Ross and Krystal relationship but they barely talked about it at all. Lame. 

• Love 15

Asking Ross about his pending legal matters was a waste of time.  Good for him.  A man who listens to his lawyer!

Caroline - insane.  Blaming Kate is easy for losers.  Lee backs her 100%.

Caroline really pushed Kate and Josiah over the edge just quitting.  Smart of them to own up to being mean themselves.  Two wrongs don't make a right.

Laura whines "it's not FAIR".  Well sweetie, I learned over 40 years ago that life isn't fair.  You must learn to work the system, not change it, especially as a newbie, then deal.

Lee's bug-eyes were great.  "I would have fired her on the spot!"

She is still delusional.  Stay away Ashton!

Is she giving Chef Creepy a pass here?  He sort of apologized, Kate blew it off as "St. Maarten" and claimed cluelessness.  Haha!  His open friend with benefits dumped him.

I had almost forgotten what a useless idiot Chandler was.

Oh Rhylee, always the victim.  Yelling at your boss and coworkers is never a good strategy to gain "respect".  She will have "issues" wherever she goes.  Then she runs to the "bad edit" defense.  I think the editors would have loved showing footage of everybody mercilessly antagonizing her until she finally went off.  Like Old Faithful.

Of course she hooked up with Tyler last night.  

Ross & Hannah?  Oh my.  He's a drunk smoocher.  

Nice job on the "Near Death Incident".

Bryan is great.  Super cool and humble.  I'm glad he decided to do the show.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, PaperTree said:

Asking Ross about his pending legal matters was a waste of time.  Good for him.  A man who listens to his lawyer!

Even more so because after they taped this all the charges were dropped.

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, laprin said:

I like Kate, but she is far from perfect. Listening to Captain Lee twist everything in Kate’s favor was annoying. It’s almost like he is afraid that she will get pissed at him and leave the show. 

Otherwise, the reunion was pretty boring.

I agree.  I was glad that Andy tried to call Kate out for some of her behavior but she was able to justify it and Captain Lee backed her up. 

• Love 9

My apologies to Caroline. Kate was the exact obnoxious cow on Caroline's last day that Caroline described. I'm actually more annoyed that Kate's herpes insults weren't more clever. Was she awful and unprofessional? Yep. That's actually something I expect of nearly every Bravolebrity. However, I do expect a Bravolebrity to be funnier, wittier, and more iconic in their put downs. Otherwise, I may as well be watching the Bad Girls Club.

Laura shouldn't have tried to excuse her shitty behavior and work. She was an aggressive asshole from jump.

Ross and Hannah hooked up? It's not entirely surprising because Ross gets snuggly (with girls and his bros) and Hannah is just needy for attention.

Rhylee is still an asshole, but I suspect that this is as introspective as we're going to get from her.

Ashton had drunk dick and ate out Vahine's vagine in the van? Rhylee should have given him more of a chance in the earlier part if the season. We might have been spared Rhylee in beast mode for half the season.

No Chandler. I was a bit surprised. In hindsight, I'm not super surprised.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

How did the best season of BD have the lamest reunion? They needed two parts for this, everything was rushed and disjointed, a bunch of stuff didn't get covered. And why can't they find a different venue other than the cramped clubhouse? 

I like Kate's wit, she's quick and smart and knows how to chief stew a yacht like nobody's business on an operational level but she is a terrible boss. She's aloof, dismissive or downright snarky unless you happen to click perfectly with her ala Josiah and much of that was thanks to his blind admiration for her. Her communication skills suck. Caroline is batshit insane, she was a disaster the whole time and deserved to be fired, but what Kate and Josiah did was way out of line, juvenile and just weird coming from grown adults. Okay, we all have a "breaking point," but when you're a supervisor and you set the example, you can't be hazing and mocking employees, whether they're heading out the door or not. It's a terrible look and precedent and since this is Kate's millionth charter she knows better. Cut to Laura, who did come on very strong, having issues with Kate. Instead of sitting her down and going over what she needs done and how and asking Laura to relax a bit, taking that initiative as the manager with a new employee, Kate snipes and belittles her constantly until Laura reaches her breaking point and goes in on Kate. Probably an unpopular opinion but I think at that point Kate deserved a lot of it. Laura went a bit far, Kate is her superior, but at least she didn't blast music in her face and scream how disgusted she was by her STD. By that point both ladies needed to "check themselves." And I like Capt. Lee but he has blinders on for Kate and always has. I get it, they go way back and they're the big draw of Below Deck but to dismiss Kate and Josiah's behavior, even Rhylee's, saying he was glad she finished the season, but say he'd fire Laura on the spot made no sense. 

• Love 13

Capt Lee on Laura's disrespect of Kate (the check yourself night): "I'd have fired her on the spot."  Yes!

Josiah, comparing people's mindsets of the unexpected - male steward and (strong) female deck crew.  Right on!  He goes up and up in my opinion.

• Love 22

I'm glad Kate and Josiah showed at least some remorse for their behavior outside of Caroline's door.  Yes, Caroline is mentally unstable but they behaved really badly.  In their early comments in this episode Kate did way too much "Yeah, we were bad but she DESERVED IT".  That's frickin' preschool logic right there.  In the wrap up at the end, both she and Josiah did better but down deep you know they both think they were justified.  It was looking bad on TV that was the problem.

Rhylie needs some therapy, but you could say that about a whole bunch of the crew people who appear on this show season after season.  Laura should have the session right after Rhylie.

Kate's defense of Chef Creepy was just the sort of thing women have been doing to excuse men's bad behavior for generations.   It doesn't matter that he's from St Maarten.  He shouldn't have to be told that his banter crossed a line.  He's a grown a#$ man and not a 14 year old boy.

Ashton is pitiful when taken as a whole.  He's got the looks and works them extensively.  Not particularly bright.  Doesn't appear to have any particular skills.  He's going to have a hard crash is his looks don't age well.

• Love 6

BD follows up one of their best seasons with a lame AF reunion.

Ross sat there like an embarrassed little wimp.

Chandler and Caroline deserved everything they got even though they were hardly addressed.

Captain Lee was right about Chandler, he's a condescending prick.

• Love 11

I agree with both of the comments immediately above this one. 

I don't like Andy as an interviewer as a general rule, but he was exactly right about this being a workplace.  None of the crew we see on this shows seems to know how to function in a work place.  On the boats/ships I work on, if you are screwing around with someone or you're consuming alcohol on board, the captain will drop you and your bag off on the nearest dock.  I know people who run charter yachts and they're the same.  Do your stuff on shore.  Don't bring it back to the boat.  Be prepared to work when you're on the boat.  Break the rules and you're gone.  

Ross wasn't as obviously messy about his drinking as some of the others, but that's a low bar to clear (no pun intended).  He can't remember what he did...which is a really bad sign...or he's using that as an excuse.  He's going to have to grow up and ask himself some serious questions.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Fuck you Kate!  You are a real asshole and Caroline was 100% bullied.

I see you for the piece of shit you are.

9 hours ago, gingerella said:

I love Kate, and Josiah, and I appreciate that they took responsibility for their behaviors and how they reacted to Caroline’s insanity. To be honest, this was the most BORING reunion ever, ugh! 

If all they have to do is say “I was a little out of line” or “one thing I regret was ...” at the reunion, it’s like a get out of jail card to say or do anything, especially in future seasons.

Is there any doubt Kate will bully and play mean girls again in future seasons?

Of course Bravo wouldn’t have it any other way because they want to gin up confrontations.  Frankly surprising that they didn’t air the herpes comments.  But they were never going to hold back so they saved that footage for the reunion.

Does being “witty” excuse horrible treatment of people?  Apparently it does because Bravo shows are all about people being shitty to each other, as long as it’s entertaining!

They’ll continue to cast toxic personalities on these shows and ply them with booze and egg them on to indulge their worst impulses.

• Love 12

That was one boring reunion; however given that they all truly appear to get along, it’s understandable that it was boring.  Ross and Ashton seemed to be biting their tongues when Rhylee was talking.  Without Caroline there, there simply want much oppyfor reunion drama.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I would've respected Ross more if he copped to dating that jerk.

AND copped to knowing she was married. Let's all face it, he knew. I posted a link to podcast in the media thread that interviewed Krystal and Ross. It was supposed to just be her but he ended up being with her and spoke a little as well. She said Ross and her hubby are actually buddies and they are NOT getting a divorce. So...open marriage it is!

12 hours ago, PaperTree said:

Of course she hooked up with Tyler last night. 

He was useless at this reunion. He said basically nothing except that he was attracted to Rhylee's "eyes" aka boobs. He also appeared to be trying to talk to her throughout and she was trying to get him to stop. Definitely dodged a bullet there. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't watch WWHL. so was surprised by how terrible a host Andy was.  Like maybe ask your own, legit questions first before ducking behind twitter questions from randos.  Did seem like he doesn't watch the show much.

People whom I liked less after watching the reunion:

Ross -- just came across as an asshole on multiple fronts, and I liked him quite a lot during the show.

Rhylee -- I was rooting for you on the show, but you're kind of dumb.  It took her like 15 minutes of random blathering and word salad to get across the simple (yes still largely indefensible) point:  "If I'm upset, you'll know it. Sorry, not sorry."

People I like just as much as  before, may be even more:

Kate, Josiah, Captain Lee, Ashton

People I still don't care much about:

Tyler, Caroline, Laura

People whom I'm not suprised are not in a relationship anymore:

Adrian

• Love 18

What did I watch?  The Rhylee Gerber Hour?  Why did she get so much time at the reunion?  

I would much rather have heard more from Josiah, Kate, and Ashton than letting Rhylee and her bullshit excuses and antics take center stage.  Why was Captain Lee even there?   I loved (not really) how it took Rhylee a day to explain what went down with Tyler (besides maybe Tyler) and Kate summed it up in a sentence - - you got a case of feelings and he wanted to hit it and run.

So Ross first claims that he and that obnoxious as fuck last charter, Crystal, as acquaintances, then friends, and then people who know each other but fuck.  Okay.

I know that the Glittering Unicorn turned out to be creepy and pervy but it would have been nice to address his amazing food.  As far as food and only food goes, he is probably the best chef I've seen on this franchise.  A shame that instead of getting anything about that, we had to hear how poor little Rhylee was picked on because she was a female.  And damn Andy for not noticing Ross and Ashton rolling their eyes on that and follow up.  Andy really is a shit reunion host.  Does he even watch the season? 

I can't believe that Josiah's feelings of bullying flashbacks wasn't addressed.  

I love Ashton even more now.  And he's in my hometown of Atlanta??  Make note to self to book Delta flight immediately.

I have to admit that I was disappointed and even disgusted by the unseen footage of Kate and Josiah asking Caroline, through the door, if she had herpes.  That was terrible.  As the chief stew, and Caroline's direct supervisor, Kate should have been taken to task over that.  I like Kate but that's lawsuit worthy (not to mention cringe-worthy.)  I know Captain Lee loves Kate but that's just wrong on every level.  Yes, Caroline was wrong for giving a 2 day notice and then saying she was going to do nothing during those two days but that was not the appropriate response.  And for Captain Lee to kind of brush it off, making an excuse about how Caroline didn't want to work, isn't okay.

I loved seeing the cameraman coming out to hug it out with Ashton.  Also happy to hear that the Ross-Ashton bromance continues.

Why didn't Andy ask why Ashton and Laura weren't more than just "dear friends?"  And why did Laura act all embarrassed about Ashton saying something about sleeping with her at the end?  We all knew it.  There are cameras in the room and as I recall, next morning Laura asked Ashton, clear as day, if the room smelled like sex.  Duh. 

This season was really deserving of a 2 part reunion, if so much time was devoted to bullshit stuff we didn't and don't care about (i.e., Rhylee's attitude problem and getting laid.) 

p.s. - Also want to add that I'm disappointed that Rhylee's Twitter remark about how she wouldn't have made the mistake Ashton did (stepping into the line) wasn't brought up.  And surprised that Captain Lee is now giving Rhylee props for her whispery "man overboard" when during the season, he seemed pissed that she wasn't yelling it and repeating it.  We all know she has a big mouth and is fully capable.

Edited by psychoticstate
It's early and I'm slow.
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Capt Lee on Laura's disrespect of Kate (the check yourself night): "I'd have fired her on the spot."  Yes!

Josiah, comparing people's mindsets of the unexpected - male steward and (strong) female deck crew.  Right on!  He goes up and up in my opinion.

So Captain Lee would have fired Laura on the spot but would have kept Rhylee, after Rhylee was yelling and cursing at Ross in full hearing of the charter guests?  And would have kept Kate after Kate and Josiah made extremely inappropriate and bullying comments to Caroline?  I enjoy Captain Lee but if this is his logic, he's a shit boss.

• Love 21

I couldn't believe my eyes & ears when they aired that herpes diatribe.  It was deplorable.  At the same time, I have to wonder where it all came from; I can't imagine it was a lower than low blow pulled out of thin air.  Maybe Caroline also claimed to be afflicted with shingles or something?  Because, otherwise, I've got nothing ...

To be clear - no excuse for those actions - Zero, Zip, Zing.  Kate & Josiah are pariahs.

and I really liked them  :-(

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 19

I thought the "viewer" question about if Chandler and Rhylee didn't get along because of sexual tension was really gross.  I wouldn't have dignified it with an answer.  It is such a lazy & sexist question and if someone really wrote that in, they should reevaluate everything about their life.

I lost all respect with Ross last night-it started with hanging out with Jaoa, then getting arrested Countess style, then Krystal, and now the victim blam-y stuff with Laura and loss of memory from alcohol.  If you are constantly forgetting you made out/tried to make out with people because you are so drunk, stop drinking.  I drink alcohol.  Do I drink tequila?  No-because it makes me an asshole and I learned that at 24.  Join the "viewer" in my previous paragraph and reevaluate everything about your life.

Because this seems angry, I did love seeing Ashton and Brent.  I just heart Ashton so much.

Edited by jmcd44
Forgot one of many available verbs to describe my feelings towards Ashton.
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Mr. Minor said:

BD follows up one of their best seasons with a lame AF reunion.

It was lame. Too much time and attention was given to Rylee. Saying that they didn't show enough footage of her being picked on. Shut up, you horny little toad and take some responsibility for being a bitch.  

Everybody was so subdued. Andy Cohen wasn't on his game, either. The crew must have picked up on his lack of energy. He seemed really tired and pre-occupied. Probably because he had his mind on his baby being born any day (he wasn't born yet at the time the reunion was taped). 

• Love 11

Ross is honestly such a disappointment to me. He seemed like a nice chill guy during the season. But this business with Krystal is just messy AF.

He didnt deny that they were hooking up, and when asked about her husband, he said she’s not married as far as he knows. 

Now he posts this nonsense on Instagram that they’re just friends and he’s hung out with her AND her husband. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Remember everyone is going through something in their personal life and it’s no ones business to get involved or judge.

Then maybe don't put your personal life on blast via a reality show and social media?  I mean, come on.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

The best part of the show was Brent who seems so sweet and I loved the fact that he was so uncomfortable being in front of the camera that his face was flushed. He seems to know a lot about the workings of a yacht which was to their advantage. Another subject, Tyler came off like a total douche.

• Love 16

Agree with all who said Andy was not on his game for this reunion. He lights up like a Christmas tree when the nitwit housewives are around; for this, he seemed bored and half asleep. There was so much to cover and it felt like The Rhylee Show. He acted like he didn't like these people which was strange because usually he fawns all over the Captain. He sometimes seemed to ask questions that he didn't wait for answers to.  

I wanted to know if the other half of the open relationship kicked him to the curb because of the show. Why did Toronto and Ashton fizzle out? Someone on Twitter said that Ashton is working for Kim Zolciak. Yeesh if true. Was hoping for more.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Someone on Twitter said that Ashton is working for Kim Zolciak. Yeesh if true. Was hoping for more.  

What the what?! Was this a “reliable” Twitter source? I hope Ashton doesn’t start dating one of her daughters! That would make me sad.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Kareem said:

Someone on Twitter said that Ashton is working for Kim Zolciak. Yeesh if true. Was hoping for more.  

Ive seen that as a joke few places-so I assume it’s not true. I don’t think Kim can afford him & the slots. I hope for Ashton’s sake. He’s too sweet for her. 

• Love 7
On 2/6/2019 at 1:22 AM, gingerella said:

I love Kate, and Josiah, and I appreciate that they took responsibility for their behaviors and how they reacted to Caroline’s insanity. To be honest, this was the most BORING reunion ever, ugh! 

I didn’t hear them take responsibility. I heard a lot of “sorry, but”...the thing about “but” is that it negates everything the precedes it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 2/7/2019 at 6:30 AM, Duke2801 said:

Ross is honestly such a disappointment to me. He seemed like a nice chill guy during the season. But this business with Krystal is just messy AF.

He didnt deny that they were hooking up, and when asked about her husband, he said she’s not married as far as he knows. 

Now he posts this nonsense on Instagram that they’re just friends and he’s hung out with her AND her husband. 

Well, this behavior certainly explains his ex’s attitude toward his attempts at reconciliation.

• Love 3
On 2/5/2019 at 10:26 PM, Duke2801 said:

Yes that was a very underwhelming reunion.

OMG!  I was so hopeful after the great season.  I think dad, aka Capt Lee, put down the hammer.  They should've had him on last or something and then let the crew go at it.

On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:56 AM, walnutqueen said:

I couldn't believe my eyes & ears when they aired that herpes diatribe.  It was deplorable.  At the same time, I have to wonder where it all came from; I can't imagine it was a lower than low blow pulled out of thin air.  Maybe Caroline also claimed to be afflicted with shingles or something?  Because, otherwise, I've got nothing ...

To be clear - no excuse for those actions - Zero, Zip, Zing.  Kate & Josiah are pariahs.

and I really liked them  :-(

Caroline did mention shingles to Kate.  I believe it was between the foot and the sinus issue.   I get the frustration they had (not saying they were correct) but Josiah said in an interview that Caroline never once turned the boat around.  She always had something wrong.  (the cleaning of the entire boat after guests left). 

• Love 9
20 hours ago, dabmusic said:

Caroline did mention shingles to Kate.  I believe it was between the foot and the sinus issue.   I get the frustration they had (not saying they were correct) but Josiah said in an interview that Caroline never once turned the boat around.  She always had something wrong.  (the cleaning of the entire boat after guests left). 

I think I recall Kate saying in an earlier epsiode, "what's next, shingles?" about Caroline getting another excuse not to work.  But I'm not entirely sure about that.  But from these few things, and some of Caroline's tweets a month ago+, there was some shingles mentions.  Here at ptv, the guess was Caroline looked up Shingles and got confused about the kind of herpes involved, and ~perhaps~ that became the basis for the joking in the hallway

• Love 1
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:06 PM, txhorns79 said:

It was completely bizarre.  I have to think they didn't air it in the episode because it made no sense without a lot more context.  And yeah, Kate and Josiah should just be embarrassed.  I get that Caroline appeared to be a terrible employee, but I also agree that Kate can be outright hostile to her subordinates at times.  

I suspect they didn't air it initially to protect Caroline's privacy, and perhaps avoid a lawsuit. And then when Caroline saw how they edited it (remember, she tweeted ahead of that episode airing that we will be shocked at what happened), and she spoke with Andy, she probably said, AIR IT for the reunion. She wanted the whole story told to vindicate herself. I have always loved Kate, mainly for her quick wit, but that scene was, quite simply, horrible. It made me sick. Whether or not Caroline has herpes, what those two did was disgusting and high school mean girl crap. And I think they should have been more horrified at their own actions in retrospect. They only felt bad because they were outed, and to say, "Yeah, I feel bad, BUT..." There is NO BUT! There just isn't. Own it, and apologize. And Captain Lee should have been horrified as well, not just "uncomfortable." However, we've seen him coast with things on the surface before and then in the privacy of the wheel house do some serious reaming. Two things that come to mind: how he responded to the guy with the kids regarding being left with no water or towels - kind of, oh sorry, that's not cool, then goes a little ballistic on the deck crew in private, and Dean with the "rocket ship" blanket fold on Season 1. So I'm hoping that after the fact, he gave them a dressing down. Remember, his motto is, Don't embarrass yourself, DON'T EMBARRASS THE BOAT.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 1
On 2/6/2019 at 11:22 AM, psychoticstate said:

What did I watch?  The Rhylee Gerber Hour?  Why did she get so much time at the reunion?  

OMG, yes!  WAY too much Rhylee!!  I don't find her interesting at all to begin with, so that didn't help.  But she did get a very large chunk of the already limited time.  I was so disappointed that she completely monopolized this reunion with her pointless rambling.  There was so much more to talk about, and it would have been nice to hear more than just a few words from the others.  (Tyler especially seemed to barely even be there.)  

• Love 5
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:02 PM, jmcd44 said:

I lost all respect with Ross last night-it started with hanging out with Jaoa, then getting arrested Countess style, then Krystal, and now the victim blam-y stuff with Laura and loss of memory from alcohol.

And don't forget, hooking up with Hannah. He seems a little out of control.

Edited by Teri313
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

I think I recall Kate saying in an earlier epsiode, "what's next, shingles?" about Caroline getting another excuse not to work.  But I'm not entirely sure about that.  But from these few things, and some of Caroline's tweets a month ago+, there was some shingles mentions.  Here at ptv, the guess was Caroline looked up Shingles and got confused about the kind of herpes involved, and ~perhaps~ that became the basis for the joking in the hallway

I think you are right.  I joined Caroline's twitter account before she blocked everyone.  I got the impression that she either has shingles or herpes in "real" life and must have mentioned it to Kate during one of her "woe is me" sessions.    I rewatched the episodes while sick the other day and gosh, Caroline was a downer.  Especially loved when Kate and Josiah were talking and Kate said she didn't think Caroline was faking her foot injury but many people in the business do fake injuries.  Caroline walks in and says I'm not faking.  Kate says I know, we can see and tells her how she was telling Josiah how people do fake injuries to get out of work.  Caroline immediately starts telling other crew members she's being accused of faking.  She was actually very exhausting to watch now that I rewatched the episodes. 

• Love 16

My take on the reunion is that Caroline's post-show nagging got to him and he didn't want to deal with someone like her ever again.  I think that's why he talked as much about it as he did and essentially called Kate a mean girl.  He probably made a deal with Caroline such that she'd promise to stop negative tweets, etc. if he addressed Kate's behavior on the show.  Something like that.

I also think the timing wasn't good.  He was about to go on leave to be a new dad and his mind just wasn't in it.

As cuckoo as Caroline is, Kate needed to be called out.  This was the time.  It'll be interesting to see how she handles herself in the future- assuming she comes back.  I hope she does.  I dislike mean-girl Kate immensely, but everything else about her, I like.

• Love 3