Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Emmeline said:

Interesting info about the divorce:

https://casetext.com/case/morgan-v-morgan-no-fst-fa-06-4009585-s-apr

Toward the end you can find alimony and child support.

interesting about the 'child support':

The husband's obligation with respect to the child shall end when the child attains age twenty-five (25) attains a four-year college degree, lives permanently away from the wife, dies, marries, enters military service, or becomes employed full-time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

interesting about the 'child support':

The husband's obligation with respect to the child shall end when the child attains age twenty-five (25) attains a four-year college degree, lives permanently away from the wife, dies, marries, enters military service, or becomes employed full-time.

Well damn, that's not much incentive to graduate from college with a degree or get a full time job now is it? I mean, wouldn't she be better off getting a degree from a 2 year technical school and getting a part time job and collecting the check from dad? Just kidding! But worded a bit odd?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, divsc said:

Well damn, that's not much incentive to graduate from college with a degree or get a full time job now is it? I mean, wouldn't she be better off getting a degree from a 2 year technical school and getting a part time job and collecting the check from dad? Just kidding! But worded a bit odd?

Actually not.  She gets support for doing a four year degree.  Not a two year and getting a job.  And moving out she gets nothing.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

(edited)

It’s pretty standard wording with the age of 25 becoming the norm rather than 18 or 21 of decades* past. 

*At least in higher end divorces it’s been along time that 25 is the norm.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4
(edited)
Sonja and Tinsley fighting before the Pride Parade. 
You may have to mute the second video if it auto plays during the first video.
Edited by druzy
  • LOL 1
24 minutes ago, druzy said:
Sonja and Tinsley fighting before the Pride Parade. 
You may have to mute the second video if it auto plays during the first video.

Gack! She’s like that when the only cameras rolling are an iPhone? Miserable woman. 

• Love 6

The screech factor. That was sooo painful. I mean, are they both feeling desperate for apples and is this all staged? Otherwise Sonja sounds ridiculous and over the top annoying. Tinsley's voice also grates. What is wrong with them?

• Love 4

Did Lu give Sonja a kidney for letting her stay without telling the audience because the only thing I remember her doing is “stealing” her FWB Tom and yet Sonja has never once brought it up but she won’t shut up about Tinsley. 

• Love 10
14 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Sonja makes me want to smear my grubby hands all over the Morgan letters.

I used to like Sonja, and I still do, I guess, but her schtick is getting OLD.

• Love 7

Sonja’s such a loser.  She’s not compelling or cute enough to carry off her Wealthy Twat shtick, or her I Love My Gays! shtick.

Also, the Cool Sculpting didn’t take, eh?  Pity.  She should add more purchased hair to keep the eye moving.

I genuinely pity her kid.

• Love 16
(edited)

https://people.com/tv/southern-charm-patricia-altschul-jokes-whitney-sudler-smith-sonja-morgan-hooked-up/

So now that we know about Sonja and Whitney, I wonder who else has Sonja slept with. I'm sure Paul Nassif. I think she's still desperately sweating Craig Conover from Southern Charm. She has shown up on WWHL if she knows that Craig was going to be a guest.

She doesn't seem to like Thomas Ravenel. 

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, Jextella said:

I used to like Sonja, and I still do, I guess, but her schtick is getting OLD.

I watched some last years reunion yesterday and Sonja was asked about her unstable behavior during that season, she said she changed the dose of her meds without consulting her doctor or something...she was manic this season too, especially at Lu's cabaret rehearsal, she was out of her mind and also in Miami when she literally hit the floor because drugs and alcohol...well you all know how that goes.

Yes, her schtick is getting old, so is the rest of her, lol.  Don't get on me about that, I am a woman of a certain age too. 

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yes, her schtick is getting old, so is the rest of her, lol.  Don't get on me about that, I am a woman of a certain age too. 

Cheers to old broads!!(and I’m no spring chicken myself)

Just like Ramona, I just cant help but love Sonja—-wouldn’t feel like the same show without their ridiculous(often while drunk) antics. But I agree, she’s way too old to be drunkenly falling over like that. Which reminds me, it’s amazing that she hasn’t sustained more injuries over the years thanks to her drunken hijinks. Sure, she breaks her tooth, but she’d better be careful and make sure she doesn’t break her hip while she’s at it!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
On 6/24/2019 at 11:03 PM, breezy424 said:

Actually not.  She gets support for doing a four year degree.  Not a two year and getting a job.  And moving out she gets nothing.  Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

Well, it’s Sonja who gets the check.  So she has an incentive for the kid to not graduate and work until she’s 25.  I find it more inter3sting that Sonja is on the hook for all school fees.  Of course, she’s getting $150k (before the inflation factor) so she can afford it - since ALL this money is supposed to be child support.

and what happened to the $16MM she had at the tome of the divorce?  The movie judgment was like $7MM to so.  Also, note her ex was going to make good on the value of the French property, in the event she was found not to own it.  That’s probably a couple of million more.  She blew through a lot of money.

Edited by Mrs peel
Forgot a point
  • Love 7

This is what I don't get about Sonja. She talks and talks and talks (and talks some more) about the "Morgan legacy," like the Morgans were royalty we're all supposed to revere.  It's clear that she wants to be viewed as some doyenne of Old New York like we're all still living in the late 19th century and she's the arbiter of who matters.

And then she also plays up the ditzy, trashy, free-spirited floozy.  I actually prefer THAT Sonja to this fake to-the-manor-born persona she tries to display when she's talking about the Morgans, etc. But I also don't understand how she thinks she can pull off both personae. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

This is what I don't get about Sonja. She talks and talks and talks (and talks some more) about the "Morgan legacy," like the Morgans were royalty we're all supposed to revere.  It's clear that she wants to be viewed as some doyenne of Old New York like we're all still living in the late 19th century and she's the arbiter of who matters.

And then she also plays up the ditzy, trashy, free-spirited floozy.  I actually prefer THAT Sonja to this fake to-the-manor-born persona she tries to display when she's talking about the Morgans, etc. But I also don't understand how she thinks she can pull off both personae. 

I think she has either cognitive dissonance, lack of self-awareness, and/or a lack of knowing/finding herself or not being comfortable in her own skin.

Of course, I could be wrong

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/5/2019 at 3:35 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I watched some last years reunion yesterday and Sonja was asked about her unstable behavior during that season, she said she changed the dose of her meds without consulting her doctor or something...she was manic this season too, especially at Lu's cabaret rehearsal, she was out of her mind and also in Miami when she literally hit the floor because drugs and alcohol...well you all know how that goes.

And the reunion a few seasons ago (season 7?), it was that she was mixing alcohol with "vitamins." You know, those Fred Flinstone daily chewables for sure. That was the season with Ramona's birthday in Atlantic City and Sonja's manic "Smokey eye, Updo, Gstaad!" Before the Morgan letters meltdowns, she was stuck on repeat with the same type of delusions of grandeur - and telling Dorinda about partying with John John and Madonna. Bethenny was extremely worried about her, begging her to get help.

• Love 6

Sonja is an odd case. On reddit Real Housewives there is a poster who spotted Sonja on the jitney and waited to say hello. 

But before I could completely fangirl over meeting my fave housewife she said, still completely turned away from me towards the window “no, that’s not me. People think I’m her all the time.”

She was just embarrassed to be spotted on the jitney? Or was her diaper dirty and she didn't want someone to notice?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Does Sonja associate at all with her own blood relatives?  Are her parents still living?  

Don't know if she associates with her family, but her dad is dead and her brother owns an Ace Hardware. It was actually their grandparents' business, Tremont Lumber Company. It seems like she might have a couple of half-siblings on her mother's side.

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/home-and-garden/real-hamptons-houses-of-the-real-housewives-1.2147623

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/timesunion-albany/obituary.aspx?n=dennis-h-tremont&pid=142286398

https://www.acehardware.com/store-details/06202

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
On 7/6/2019 at 12:55 PM, Mrs peel said:

Well, it’s Sonja who gets the check.  So she has an incentive for the kid to not graduate and work until she’s 25.  I find it more interesting that Sonja is on the hook for all school fees.  Of course, she’s getting $150k (before the inflation factor) so she can afford it - since ALL this money is supposed to be child support.

and what happened to the $16MM she had at the tome of the divorce?  The movie judgment was like $7MM or so.  Also, note her ex was going to make good on the value of the French property, in the event she was found not to own it.  That’s probably a couple of million more.  She blew through a lot of money.

(edited)

I find Sonja's dissonance very interesting. She's willing to play the ditzy slutty clown on the show, but she will not monetize that. She also has real issues with grandiosity. Instead of a toaster oven cookbook, she wastes everyone's time by pretending that she's making a toaster oven. She's constantly talking about being a great hostess, but never thinks to maybe pitch a book on hostessing and entertaining.

Years ago Cynthia Rowley and Ilene Rosenzweig had a book series and product line called Swell, which was basically for faking it 'til you make chicks kind of like how Sonja comes off. Furthermore Sonja loves that "straw that stirs the drink" moniker, but has yet to figure out how to use it. I kept thinking that Sonja could have done very well with a series of ghostwritten mysteries that include some of these broke girl tips, some thinly disguised gossip about some of the who's who in Manhattan, and a breezy summer beach read. I for sure would have bought at least one of those.

But always, Sonja loves to work harder, not smarter because her pretensions are stultifying. It's all Morgan crest slippers and Sonja Morgan collection for the classes not the masses. Girl, just work with an established brand and pick out the 15 looks you like the best and call those the Sonja for Brand X collection. It worked quite well for Kate Hudson and Fabletics, but I'm sure Sonja knows better. This is the precise reason she got into her movie financing debacle.

All of this is a long way of saying that when they walked out of Barbara's with a bag full of lobsters, Sonja should have reached out to a company like Modern Picnic to create a custom insulated lunch bag to smuggle lobsters out of a party and still look chic and use her social media to advertise those while getting a % of the sales.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

This Just In:  Sonja is an "artist".  You read it here first. 

Seriously, when are we going to get a vomit emoji (thinking this for many things, but had s bad wine, followed by too much wine ..... Yada, yada, yada

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

https://www.patrickmcmullan.com/events/5d7d07f2a2ea4b1a43000001/

The very lovely Quincey, the Tins and Ramona and her bewbs showed up to support “Sonja’s” fashion show. Hope the models and AliExpress got paid! 

Sonja and some of her “ageless” cohort are looking like actual daylight will never be kind to them again, unless she’s doing Joker cosplay as far as her makeup.

Quincy is a beautiful girl.

Sonja looks horrible.

• Love 8
On 9/21/2019 at 12:01 PM, Midnight Cheese said:

https://www.patrickmcmullan.com/events/5d7d07f2a2ea4b1a43000001/

The very lovely Quincey, the Tins and Ramona and her bewbs showed up to support “Sonja’s” fashion show. Hope the models and AliExpress got paid! 

Sonja and some of her “ageless” cohort are looking like actual daylight will never be kind to them again, unless she’s doing Joker cosplay as far as her makeup.

Ramona looks insane.

Every one of them needs to tone down the makeup. It is so harsh and ages them by 10 or more years.

• Love 7

I am not a NYC socialite, but from the photos, it would appear that barring a couple of exceptions, the show was attended by a bunch of nobodies.  The photographer/editor of the images apparently didn't know who many of them were (?), and weren't interested enough to ask before publishing the photos, lol.  With the exception of Carol Alt and Cameron Silver, none of them were identifiable to me.

Is this "fashion line" supposed to be more legit than the previous?  Are these actually original designs or more buy/sell junk from China?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

I am not a NYC socialite, but from the photos, it would appear that barring a couple of exceptions, the show was attended by a bunch of nobodies.  The photographer/editor of the images apparently didn't know who many of them were (?), and weren't interested enough to ask before publishing the photos, lol.  With the exception of Carol Alt and Cameron Silver, none of them were identifiable to me.

Is this "fashion line" supposed to be more legit than the previous?  Are these actually original designs or more buy/sell junk from China?

“Sonja.”

“Legit.”

Nope.

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 9/24/2019 at 3:21 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

On 9/25/2019 at 8:08 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

“Sonja.”

“Legit.”

Nope.

Everything about Sonja's life before and after JAM is designer imposters fragrances. Telling people you're a hostess at San Pietro and inviting them to come to the restaurant while you're out at the Limelight, the Roxy, Palladium, and Tunnel isn't marketing; it's small talk. And we're all familiar with the fake businesses: the movies, toaster oven, football team, perfume, tailored shirts, party planning, caburlesque, prosecco, and every other bit of bullshit that has tumbled out of her mouth.

My siblings and I used joke about nearish approximations of existing brands intended to fool the general public, like the designer imposters fragrances. Oh I see you're a graduate of Haarvard. Harvad and Harvart are also acceptable. Within that context, I can say that Sonja's fashion line is 100% leigyt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8