Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

Well, I've almost gotten run down -- too many times to count (no exaggeration) passing that garage next door to her joint.  It is VERY busy.  The vibrations & constant honking as cars are coming in & out, is very, very loud & noisy & this goes on all day long.

Now I've trained myself to walk on the other side of the street so I don't have to pass that garage.  It's so busy it seems dangerous to me to even just pass it by -- yes, that is how busy it is!

OK, I have no idea if the noise isn't as bad inside her place.  But I noticed nutsy Sonja keeps her windows open in the summer.  Oy, what a nut.  In the summer it's especially noisy, as well as sooty & hot & humid & really disgusting -- & she keeps her windows wide open?  Ugh.

So can she hear the racket of cars constantly entering & exiting the garage (& honking) from the courtyard?  I bet so.  Still, I do think she could sell the place very easily (with the right price), given that the block it's on is nice & the location is still good & the outside of it looks in good condition -- even tho she has lots of issues going on inside.  Just giving my observations . . .

• Love 20
51 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Well, I've almost gotten run down -- too many times to count (no exaggeration) passing that garage next door to her joint.  It is VERY busy.  The vibrations & constant honking as cars are coming in & out, is very, very loud & noisy & this goes on all day long.

Now I've trained myself to walk on the other side of the street so I don't have to pass that garage.  It's so busy it seems dangerous to me to even just pass it by -- yes, that is how busy it is!

OK, I have no idea if the noise isn't as bad inside her place.  But I noticed nutsy Sonja keeps her windows open in the summer.  Oy, what a nut.  In the summer it's especially noisy, as well as sooty & hot & humid & really disgusting -- & she keeps her windows wide open?  Ugh.

So can she hear the racket of cars constantly entering & exiting the garage (& honking) from the courtyard?  I bet so.  Still, I do think she could sell the place very easily (with the right price), given that the block it's on is nice & the location is still good & the outside of it looks in good condition -- even tho she has lots of issues going on inside.  Just giving my observations . . .

Thanks, Scoobs. That's too bad about the noise. Seemed like a nice quiet courtyard during Sonja's parties. And I've never noticed the noise when they're filming indoors. Windows must all be closed. With all of the Morgan money, I wonder why John picked that place.

Honking constantly? Sounds awful.

• Love 7

While the courtyard appears nice, all the people living in the buildings around can see what is going on there. In some instances, people throw garbage at those living in those types of townhouses. 

If only she had listened to Luann’s advice. Sell the place, move on and buy a cute condo, she would be set.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

. Sell the place, move on and buy a cute condo, she would be set.

The house has been on the market for years with no takers because of its condition and her being delusional about what it should sell for.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 12
Just now, biakbiak said:

The house has been on the market for years with no takers because of its condition. 

It has to be priced accordingly.

This property is flawed but this is Manhattan walking distance to Bloomies. Someone will overlook the condition for the right price.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

This property is flawed but this is Manhattan walking distance to Bloomies. Someone will overlook the condition for the right price.

Right which is why I added that Sonja is delusional and that part hasn't changed. I believe when Federick was on WWHl awile ago he said it should be listed for half of what she was asking.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

Right which is why I added that Sonja is delusional and that part hasn't changed. I believe when Federick was on WWHl awile ago he said it should be listed for half of what she was asking.

Dang that is a deep discount. 

There is no reasoning with her. 20 years from now, this will be grey garden on the UES. A shame!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

As I stated earlier, how many times do I need to say this, I will relieve her of the place.  Since she is a collector, I will trade her my '04 RX330 (low miles) which she can place in the stable with her older Mercedes.  An unmatched set.  I will move in, bring the place back into condition, then sit in the lovely courtyard and wait for someone to throw trash down upon it.  Dare even.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 6
On 4/20/2018 at 2:40 AM, ryebread said:

I don't think the noise from the garage would affect the courtyard very much at all. The courtyard is walled which are (charmingly) covered in thick ivy.  The garage is mostly underground so the noise to the interior of the house and garden would be minimal. I don't know if its a busy garage or not. Could be just a small garage that mainly stores the cars of people who go to the Hamptons on the weekends. That said, I'd prefer NOT to live next to a garage.

As far as the broken elevator, all the current listings include 'elevator' so I've got to assume it's fixed.

Sonja has an uphill battle because she and Morgan paid I believe 9 million for the place and did a ton of renovations.  My guess is nothing has to be gutted, although I find her style a tad too traditional, most of the work is replacement and tidying up.  Fredrik said it should be listed at $7 million so I doubt she would list with him.

Luann agreed with Sonja's idea to rent it.  She needs to rent it so it can go up in value.  

Having crapped all over Sonja's place she still has the most expensive piece of property of all the women-NYC or the Hamptons.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

In some instances, people throw garbage at those living in those types of townhouses. 

? Who would DO such a thing! I lived in a townhouse like Sonja's (but only rented the 1st floor and it was in Hoboken, so...)  We had a walled in garden like that and noone threw garbage at us.  Someone did, however break in and steal my jewelry box, pillowcases and answering machine.

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, ryebread said:

? Who would DO such a thing! I lived in a townhouse like Sonja's (but only rented the 1st floor and it was in Hoboken, so...)  We had a walled in garden like that and noone threw garbage at us.  Someone did, however break in and steal my jewelry box, pillowcases and answering machine.

Ouch. Sorry for the break in.

While not in a such fancy UES address as Sonja , friends used to rent a townhouse in UES Manhattan and people would throw all kind of junks. It was maddening.

They since moved to the Burbs.

Maybe people are more civilized nowadays?(that and cameras everywhere)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ryebread said:

I'm leaving this here until i get a chance to read it.  Found it while looking for a picture of Quincey. http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/  (The pic is of her and Sonja and it's  lovely.)

Here's the right link. http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/beauty-wellness/2017/sonja-morgan-a-dose-of-positivity

Interesting that in the first paragraph she states that she loved her life, not her husband. 

• Love 11

Am I remembering wrong about Sonja's "courtyard"?  I thought it looked icky & creepy to me, with hardly any green, just bare & broken branches & some kind of ugly overgrowth of yucky-looking shit.  I think there were some oddly arranged stones on the ground, which looked easy to trip on.  And the outdoor furniture looked old & crusty & rusted-over.  Gross!  Blech, I wouldn't wanna hang there.  Ew.  Has potential if a pro landscaper got to it, even tho it's tiny.

I've never heard about this stuff on throwing garbage, but I will say the police in her neighborhood (my neighborhood too) would not tolerate this.  It would be stopped immediately & investigated, if reported.  Btw, there are cams everywhere.

I agree with comments above that she'll never sell it at the inflated price she wants.  When I pass by it, I think about all positives.  Sure, it's teeny & right next door to that busy garage.  But the block is really lovely & it does look so charming from the outside.  I just don't know how she can afford the maintenance.  Uh, she can't.  Wonder if she'll be forced to sell at a certain point.

• Love 6

What is going on with Sonja’s face in her talking heads?   Her mouth/chin area does not look right. It’s so distracting!  I don’t know if. She had some bad Botox or what, but it looks terrible. It’s not like that in the scenes with other women, just the talking head. 

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Holy cannoli.   This preview at the link...Tinsley IMO shows restraint by not issuing an actual beatdown of Lady Morgan at the dinner table:

https://m.eonline.com/news/929614/tensions-erupt-on-the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city-when-sonja-morgan-and-tinsley-mortimer-talk-scream-about-money

I HATE Ramona but she was a helluva lot nicer to B (who I’m back to loving ever since the completion of her awful comeback season) than I would have been re: hitting the glass and making light of it afterward. Sounded like she hit it hard, too. Who the hell does that with someone else’s glasses?!

Edited by link417
Completing a thought
  • Love 6
On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:38 AM, ryebread said:

my boy-child lives in Hoboken!  I loved it there, the shops & the water, I thought it was so pretty!!

And the only hotel we could find was a W, so  I think all that surprises me but I've only been there once.

• Love 2
On 4/21/2018 at 1:37 PM, ScoobieDoobs said:

I've never heard about this stuff on throwing garbage, but I will say the police in her neighborhood (my neighborhood too) would not tolerate this.  It would be stopped immediately & investigated, if reported.  Btw, there are cams everywhere.

I agree with comments above that she'll never sell it at the inflated price she wants.  When I pass by it, I think about all positives.  Sure, it's teeny & right next door to that busy garage.  But the block is really lovely & it does look so charming from the outside.  I just don't know how she can afford the maintenance.  Uh, she can't.  Wonder if she'll be forced to sell at a certain point.

I've had strange garbage things happen in NYC. I've had my bins stolen at a few different addresses, I've had other people throwing their own trash in to my bins. I've found trash bags left outside my doorstep. The most annoying was when a neighboring building added on an extra few floors and the new penthouse owner would rent it out for rooftop parties. I'd find plastic cups, all sorts of food trash, sometimes things like a half eaten hot dog, chip bags, all tossed in to my outdoor areas. Another neighbor had the misfortune of their water balloons landing on her balcony. 

I think the right owner could breathe life in to Sonja's townhouse. It has the potential to be a really beautiful home. It needs some maintenance and updating. I think the upgrades it requires is what keeps away potential buyers at her insane price. But that's unfortunately normal. Many like Sonja, their property is the only thing they have so they refuse to part with it for less than what they think they should get which is usually a delusional number. I am dealing with something similar now. I want to purchase a property that was inherited. The seller has been trying to sell it for over ten years. He's very delusionsal about what it is worth. The land is what holds the value. The home hasn't been updated since the 60's. It's worth less than half of what he wants but he won't budge. 

• Love 10

I suspect she just doesn't wanna sell it now.  With the Bravo dough, she's able to get by without having to make any major improvements.  But if any big probs occur & it's only a matter of time till that happens, then she in trouble.

She seems to be coasting right now.  Honestly, I'd do the same for a cute little townhouse in a safe, quiet & clean part of town.  If she's desperate for cash, must be a nice feeling that she can still do quite well.  For an ex-restaurant-hostess, girl did pretty fucking well for herself.  More than most of the rest of us working slobs.

• Love 9
(edited)

Over on the episode thread, Lemon posted the Zillow link to Sonja's townhouse. 

162-E-63rd-St-New-York-NY-10065

To me, the below list is some of the most interesting info included:

Price History

DATE            EVENT          PRICE$/SQFT            SOURCE

01/10/18   Listed for rent   $32,000/mo     Sotheby's Inte...

01/29/15   Listing removed  $7,200,000          Corcoran

09/19/14   Price change       $7,200,000          Corcoran

06/07/14   Price change       $7,800,000     The Corcoran G...

09/15/13   Listed for sale     $8,250,000     The Corcoran G...

06/27/13   Listing removed  $9,950,000     The Corcoran G...

04/13/13   Listed for sale     $9,950,000     The Corcoran G...

07/21/98   Sold                    $9,100,000       Public Record

Looks like Shark Tank's Barbara Corcoran (her company) has been trying to sell it for 5 years, to no avail.  I'm assuming that the 1998 sale is when Morgan bought it.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 7
On April 27, 2018 at 7:08 PM, stewedsquash said:

I have never heard of this site before looking today and it will probably keep me rubber necking RHNY society (instead of doing piles of laundry). The articles I found were from a few years ago. I want to say, Sonja does kind of sort of lead a "society life" in the here and now, doesn't she? Or not?

I followed you down the rabbit hole - the older the articles are, the more shade toward Sonja is thrown....http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/social-diary/2009/memories-are-made-of-this

• Love 5

I always assumed she was an outcast & a laughing-stock in that world.  An outcast once Old Man Morgan dumped her ass -- and a laughing-stock cuz of this show.  I'm surprised she does actually seem to still have "friends" among this set.  But no surprise if they're all talking shit about her.

Wait, that link above . . . she wants 32 thou a month?  HaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!

• Love 5
On 5/9/2018 at 4:41 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Looks like Sonja has lost whatever extra weight she may have put on.  She looks pretty bony here imo.

phpSHEQrBAM.jpg

Could someone please tell Sonja she needs a fresh breast augmentation?  Try under the muscle perhaps.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

I always assumed she was an outcast & a laughing-stock in that world.  An outcast once Old Man Morgan dumped her ass -- and a laughing-stock cuz of this show.  I'm surprised she does actually seem to still have "friends" among this set.  But no surprise if they're all talking shit about her.

I can see why old friends are still talking and inviting her. Sonja is harmless and fun. Don’t know about the chichi Blue blood but she definitely fit in with the yacht people.

And she knows how to be discreet. That is a major plus in that caravan of rich partying idle community.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LIMOM said:

And she knows how to be discreet. That is a major plus in that caravan of rich partying idle community.

Discreet? Sonja? I have never seen any indication that is true. I guess she doesn’t put Morgan on blast but I think that has more to do with her daughter than anything else but she blabs things all the time and apparently has Page Six on speed dial. 

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Discreet? Sonja? I have never seen any indication that is true. I guess she doesn’t put Morgan on blast but I think that has more to do with her daughter than anything else but she blabs things all the time and apparently has Page Six on speed dial. 

She is strategic in her gossiping, she is not blabbing dark secrets, imo.

If she was, her invites and her financial flow would stop immediately. 

• Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

Good point.  I think you're right on that.  I figured since she's made such a spectacle of herself by being on the show & by some of her other behaviors, that she was a castoff from high society.  Doesn't seem to be the case.  She may be somewhat of an outsider now, but not necessarily a castoff (kinda like Tinz) -- uh, not yet, at least -- and maybe never.

Maybe she has reigned herself in enough, for daughter's sake or her own sake, to remain acceptable in that world -- at least to some.  Believe me, there are plenty of eccentrics, kooks & weirdos among that group -- way loonier than Sonja could ever be.

Maybe her connection to Old Man Morgan -- and maybe the townhouse too, as well as her daughter (solely because she is Morgan's daughter), ensures her connection to high society, no matter what crazy shit she does.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, LIMOM said:

It may be as simple as that Sonja knows better than to tattle on those with real money but I would love to read the gossip pages/rags in the European cities her old world moneyed friends live/play to see if she is spreading her love for the press there as well. Something tells me that Sonja loves to spread gossip no matter what city she is in. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

It may be as simple as that Sonja knows better than to tattle on those with real money but I would love to read the gossip pages/rags in the European cities her old world moneyed friends live/play to see if she is spreading her love for the press there as well. Something tells me that Sonja loves to spread gossip no matter what city she is in. 

I think it's more likely given how messy she has shown to be we just don't know who and what she gossips about when she isn't filming.

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wait, Sonja thought that outfir of her design looked good? If it doesnt even fit the "designer" of it that's not something you should buy!

She wore it at her fashion show without a bra and you could see the sub par plastic surgery job on her breasts.  https://sonjabysonjamorgan.com/collections/signature-collection/products/tuxedo-jumpsuit-red  Who knew wearing it with a bra showing would improve the look?  Oh wait -it didn't.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yeah - Sonja really loves her friend Luann and doesn't gossip

She's pathetic. And let us be sure to match our bra to our lipstick and then put both on display.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Meh, who cares?

it the same bologna  that regular peeps spill on one another. Mondane stuff, really, imo.

who sleep with whom, who is about to craw, who is about to marry/divorce yada yada yada.

If she pays, she spills.

Wasnt Ramona and Jill suspected of doing the same thing?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Grey Gardens (the original documentary) airs tonight at 4am on Turner Classic Movies for anyone who's interested in what the future has in store for Sonja and the townhouse.

THANK YOU!!

• Love 4
21 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Grey Gardens (the original documentary) airs tonight at 4am on Turner Classic Movies for anyone who's interested in what the future has in store for Sonja and the townhouse.

Should we set a few raccoons free in her outdoor space? 

• Love 8