Type keyword(s) to search

Sonja Morgan: Don't Call her White Trash

• Start Topic

Oh Sonja!  "If It Weren’t For Bad Luck, I’d Have No Luck At All!" Toooo true for toooo many of us!  (Tho I DO think that from what the public got to see of your line. that you've begun to win over genuine fans.  Hope this is the start of good times!)  In the meantime, feel inspired by Kurt Weill's 'My Ship' [From Lady in the Dark].  

"My ship has sails that are made of silk. The decks are trimmed with gold.  And of jam and spice there's a paradise in the hold.

My ship's aglow with a million pearls.  And rubies fill each bin, The sun sits high in a sapphire sky when my ship comes in.☺️

Wishing you happiness & success ahead.

(A cross-town UWS neighbor) ☮️

• Love 3
10 hours ago, politichick said:

Me, too. I'm sorry for her.

Why?  She’s never tried to work.  She slaps her name on shit.  Yay.  She thinks she still a Morgan she really was married to him  for long enough to get a spawn and a crumbling townhouse.  I’ll be sorry for her when she works 12 hours a day and keeps her own house and kitchen and child like I do.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Edited by geauxaway
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why?  She’s never tried to work.  She slaps her name on shit.  Yay.  She thinks she still a Morgan she really was married to him  for long enough to get a spawn and a crumbling townhouse.  I’ll be sorry for her when she works 12 hours a day and keeps her own house and kitchen and child like I do.  🤷🏻‍♀️

Hard to feel bad for her when she lost $7 million by committing fraud over that movie deal.

https://tamaratattles.com/2015/06/28/here-is-the-tea-on-how-sonja-morgan-lost-7-million/

Then she went on to not pay her legal fees to the law firm that represented her in her subsequent bankruptcy.

If Sonja is fired from this show, she is some very serious financial trouble. Again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

I have a suspicion that Sonja's daughter will be taking care of Sonja with any money that she inherites from old man Morgan. Maybe Sonja is counting on this. Otherwise she needs for someone to take over her finances, make good decisons and dole out an allowance like you would do for a a child. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
16 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

I have a suspicion that Sonja's daughter will be taking care of Sonja with any money that she inherites from old man Morgan. Maybe Sonja is counting on this. Otherwise she needs for someone to take over her finances, make good decisons and dole out an allowance like you would do for a a child. 

I've been meaning to post this, and your post reminded me to -- when Sonja was talking about selling the house, she said she talked it over with Quincy and Quincy agreed. Supposedly because "its not like boarding school when everyone was coming here" -- or something like that. 

My immediate thought was, damn right Quincy agreed because she's tired of being guilted into helping Sonja keep that place by giving her money out of Quincy's inheritance or monthly allowance. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, divsc said:

I know she had work done, but this is Khloe Kardashian level of a face tuned new person face.

Is that actually Sonja, because it sure looks nothing like her.

So she’s hawking rapid hydration drink mix and she takes a water pill everyday (diuretic) every day. 
Well, I’m sure what to say about that combination  😂😂😂

Edited by Stats Queen
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, divsc said:

I know she had work done, but this is Khloe Kardashian level of a face tuned new person face.

^That is some sort of photographic wizardry.  Here is a screenshot from her Twitter, same dress, same product (albeit backasswards).  Every once in a while, Icki Gunvalson would show up with a weird photo that looked nothing like her.  I don't know why someone would promote a photo that has been so heavily edited that it looks nothing like them.  Seems like reality would be a huge letdown, lol.

Screenshot (116).png

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Random thought... (I've been looking at air fryers online and keep seeing toaster ovens too)...  If Sonja never had a toaster oven, who made the toaster oven she used in the photo shoot with Heather??  Did she use some random Black and Decker toaster oven??  How can she use the box that Heather gave her to market her product when it shows someone else's product?  I need answers.

• Love 5

https://pagesix.com/2020/09/12/sonja-morgan-talks-century-21-closure-after-inking-deal-with-retailer/

Sonja Morgan talks Century 21 closure after inking deal with retailer

Century 21  filed for bankruptcy on Thursday — dooming Sonja Morgan’s fashion line with the New York institution.

The “Real Housewives of New York” star has had a collection since 2014, but just did a deal with the famed designer discount chain to start selling it in its stores. But the 56-year-old bargain chain said this week it’ll go out of business and shutter its 13 locations, shocking analysts and customers alike.

“I found a family there and a home for my collection,” she told Page Six, “All these years I was looking for the right place.”

Morgan said that she felt like the “rug has been pulled from under” her, and she added that she’d turned down other retailers, but “felt safe with [Century 21].”

But Morgan said she’s most disappointed that she’s not going to be able follow through on a plan to take people in need on shopping sprees.

“I was going to be Chief Lifestyle Officer taking people on shopping sprees. Helping people who have gone through a hard time before the pandemic,” she said. Morgan added that the so-called sprees would’ve also been to help “people transition through hard times in their life,” and to provide wardrobes for people who need to “get a leg up on a job interview,” or folks who are “going through a sex change, coming out or coming back from the military.”

She added, “I was going to be helping people at this point in my life — that’s what I was looking forward to. It was going to be soul food to make me feel better on a day-to-day level. It was not just about raising millions. I was just going to go on a day-to-day level with Century 21, and help people with a $500 shopping spree.”

She’s so upset about the situation that the reality star can’t even bring herself to go on one last shopping excursion to Century 21 for herself.

“I don’t plan on going to Century 21 for a last [time]. I can’t even bring myself to do that,” she said.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 9/12/2020 at 7:29 PM, SuprSuprElevated said:

^That is some sort of photographic wizardry.  Here is a screenshot from her Twitter, same dress, same product (albeit backasswards).  Every once in a while, Icki Gunvalson would show up with a weird photo that looked nothing like her.  I don't know why someone would promote a photo that has been so heavily edited that it looks nothing like them.  Seems like reality would be a huge letdown, lol.

Screenshot (116).png

I hear you! I’ve heard the same thing about an editing app people use on Instagram that can completely change their faces. In fact, the infamous photo of Khloe K in which she barely looked recognizable was done with the app. That’s how she was able to change the proportions of her face. She made her face shape more oval, reduced her jawline, changed the size of her eyes and so on. That’s why it doesn’t look like her. 

Looks like Sonja is using it too! No clue why people want to not look like themselves on their own social media. 

If anyone is interested, Lorry Hill discusses it in here.

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Useful 6

I don't really care who made Sonja's clothes and felt for her when I heard the news about the store because she'd finally gotten something right. Her plans to help people is still a nice idea. Hope she finds another retailer or other venture. Oh, well.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, politichick said:

I don't really care who made Sonja's clothes and felt for her when I heard the news about the store because she'd finally gotten something right. Her plans to help people is still a nice idea. Hope she finds another retailer or other venture. Oh, well.

Maybe she could apply as a candidate for Bethenny's new show. TheBigShotWithBethenny. 

Naw, don't see that happening.

• LOL 5
On 9/14/2020 at 3:01 PM, politichick said:

Her idea to help people was self promotion.  She,hoped,it would be videotaped for TV or internet and they would be in the Sonja section of crappy clothes. And the money would be fronted, it wasn’t hers.   I feel no sympathy for a grifter like her selling nasty cheap quality clothing and passing it of as designer items that she created.  Complete scam. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

Her idea to help people was self promotion.  She,hoped,it would be videotaped for TV or internet and they would be in the Sonja section of crappy clothes. And the money would be fronted, it wasn’t hers.   I feel no sympathy for a grifter like her selling nasty cheap quality clothing and passing it of as designer items that she created.  Complete scam. 

I agree but I still like her. A lot.

I feel she just hasn't hit on a concept that works for her, i.e. something she's passionate about but is manageable.  She's thinking too big for what she's able to deliver.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bluesky said:

I still wonder if that was actually true. She never mentioned or anything about this aspect on the show or on social media before they announced they were closing and her track record with the truth is not good.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9

Rewatched RHONY S3 • E12  Sun, Sand and Psychosis aka Scary Island. Had to confirm, this was Sonia's first season. She was so measured and insightful handling Kelly's psychosis. I belive she was 100% responsible for diffusing an escalating situation. 

Can 10 years of Bravo change someones personality so drastically? Or is the Sonia we see a gig for the Bravo paycheck?

Personally, like the S3 Sonia more than the S12.

• Love 14

In her 1st season Sonja still had hope. Hope OMM might want her back, hope that he'd pay her settlement, hope she'd marry another wealthy man, hope she'd retain a place in society, hope this show would help her obtain any of these things... 

We've seen her hope dwindle away over the years. Along with it went her dignity, her adopted "upper crust" voice and mannerisms, her hygiene habits, her interns, her money, the respect of anyone that might be considered part of society circles, and whatever pride she had left.

The unfortunate sloppy drunk, dick hungry, desperate for attention, and honestly, I think deeply depressed, Sonja has lost all hope. I wish she'd get out of poor me mode and find herself a nice man that balances out her flakiness.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

There's an interview floating around of Barbara, Luanne's sidekick from a season or two ago.  She doesn't really trash talk the others much but she does say that Sonja is not a nice person.  I believe I've read a few things from her former interns and a few other things that support this.

They are all elitist snobs, but Sonja and Luanne do a good job of hiding it on camera. IMO, I feel Ramona is the most authentic of the three. She doesn't pretend to be who she's not.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Can 10 years of Bravo change someones personality so drastically? Or is the Sonia we see a gig for the Bravo paycheck?

I think 10 years can drastically change anyone's life, but Sonja is a different person from when she started and not in a good way.  I used to really like her, she seemed pretty chill, but she has gotten progressively rude and even obnoxious.  And she doesn't seem so much chill as brittle and defensive.  I don't know how Ramona tolerates her sometimes, and I never thought I would say that.  Yes, times have changed.  I think what we see on screen is really Sonja, and not an act.  I doubt she would know the difference, anyway.  I think I will always have a bit of a soft spot for her though. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, J80134 said:

Hope OMM might want her back, hope that he'd pay her settlement, hope she'd marry another wealthy man, hope she'd retain a place in society, hope this show would help her obtain any of these things... 

She had most of her settlement before the show, she just pissed it away attempting to screw over people by trying to pretend to be a producer. Sonja is and always has been a poseur grifter. 

• Love 8
On 9/27/2020 at 5:16 PM, itsadryheat said:

Rewatched RHONY S3 • E12  Sun, Sand and Psychosis aka Scary Island. Had to confirm, this was Sonia's first season. She was so measured and insightful handling Kelly's psychosis. I belive she was 100% responsible for diffusing an escalating situation. 

Personally, like the S3 Sonia more than the S12.

I cannot recall when I quit watching this show.   I used to post on the old TWoP site.  I may have watched a few seasons more or at least caught episodes in some later seasons.  Anyway, I went with my husband to a medical procedure on Wed and we passed by the office of a plastic surgeon who was advertising body sculpting with a large poster of the star of RHoNY Sonja Morgan.  I started laughing so hard I scared my husband.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
On 9/1/2020 at 7:11 AM, SweetieDarling said:

If she had come through with that toaster oven, she could have made a fortune! Those air-fryer toaster ovens are very popular right now.

I always thought Sonjia’s toaster over was a really good idea that she didn’t execute that well. I said at the time that I love a toaster oven and thought it was a product ready for a mid-luxury pricing. At the time they mostly came in cheap Target models or very expensive nearly professional grade. And none were very decorative. I thought the idea of a cute toaster oven and cookbook for around $100ish would have sold really well. You’re right, sweetiedarling, that this air fryer toaster oven fad is pretty close to that idea. I always felt like the most helpful critique of Sonjia’s business was she was always trying to do too much too quickly and if she had focused on one thing like the toaster oven she could have really built up something. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I always thought Sonjia’s toaster over was a really good idea that she didn’t execute that well. I said at the time that I love a toaster oven and thought it was a product ready for a mid-luxury pricing. At the time they mostly came in cheap Target models or very expensive nearly professional grade. And none were very decorative. I thought the idea of a cute toaster oven and cookbook for around $100ish would have sold really well. You’re right, sweetiedarling, that this air fryer toaster oven fad is pretty close to that idea. I always felt like the most helpful critique of Sonjia’s business was she was always trying to do too much too quickly and if she had focused on one thing like the toaster oven she could have really built up something. 

I just watched an episode of Dr. Oz, (I have never watched an entire show before), only because it was all about cooking in a toaster oven, my first thought was "Wow, Sonja should have worked just a little harder and she could have been cooking on the Dr. Oz show."  She really missed the boat. Although I wonder how she would be on a daytime talk show, would she combine cooking with a half assed burlesque act, all spazzy and unable to complete the task?

Side note, I bought and then returned the Ninja toaster/air fryer/broiler/sewing machine oven and returned it, too narrow window to see how things are cooking and too confusing controls, Sonja's oven could have been a contender!

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 2/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, Emmeline said:

Now you can buy Sonja Morgan fashion at Walmart.com

....WTF? Sonja is calling her WalMart offer the Evelyn dress?

She is totally fucking with us!

Remember the thread about "Evelyn" in relation to Sonja, guys? (All that intrigue we tried to chase down - while laughing our asses off - what a fun thread  ; )

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 12
On 2/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, FozzyBear said:

100% agree. I feel the same way about slow cookers. Where are the cute slow cookers? Says the girl who is rocking our beige/brown CrockPot from the early eighties. Hey it still works. But seriously though, even though it takes a little longer, I prefer the taste of leftovers reheated in the toaster oven and I would love to have something exactly as you have described - midrange and cute. If she finally came out with one, I would totally buy it.

• Love 6

I feel like the thing to remember is that Sawyna doesn't really have these ideas, nor does it appear that she expends any real energy or brain power in the execution of them.  In the world of celebrity, no matter which alphabet letter you fall under, having a clothing line with your name on the label (see also; cosmetics, skin care, fragrances, etc) is a bit like falling out of bed these days.  I'm of the opinion that people approach her, or perhaps her agent/representative approaches others for licensing opportunities, and if they work out, fine, if not, oh well.

I'm under the impression that she isn't terribly interested in any real work.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 10
On 2/27/2021 at 1:53 PM, FozzyBear said:

I forget what I was watching, the Drew Barrymore Show?   I looked it up.  And she's marketing appliances that actually look really pretty.   So she's doing this idea now:

https://www.housebeautiful.com/shopping/a35864809/drew-barrymore-beautiful-kitchenware-appliances-walmart/

On 2/27/2021 at 5:22 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Side note, I bought and then returned the Ninja toaster/air fryer/broiler/sewing machine oven and returned it, too narrow window to see how things are cooking and too confusing controls, Sonja's oven could have been a contender!

I actually love my Ninja.  There's definitely a learning curve but I use it all the time!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I actually love my Ninja.  There's definitely a learning curve but I use it all the time!

I had bought a Instant Pot and couldn't get it to work, it would not shift between functions like it said it could, turns out it was broken...everything got so complicated and when I got the Ninja oven I sort of lost it, toaster ovens shouldn't make you cry.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Oh my GOD, I just saw a FB story from Sonja and she has $%^$%$ up her face. She's shiny with botox, her lips have been jacked up, and she has the rich/bland woman fake cheekbones. She doesn't look like the same person. 

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2021 at 9:07 PM, Emmeline said:

Now you can buy Sonja Morgan fashion at Walmart.com

8C591CD0-8FF7-45F7-8A68-F04A437B8E1C.jpeg

Selling her Sonja by Sonja Morgan by AliExpress "collection" on walmart.com is akin to selling those clothes on the Amazon Marketplace or Ebay. Sonja would probably brag about selling Sonja by Sonja Morgan if she was selling her rags at an exclusive New York boutique even if she was only selling from a sidewalk in Chinatown on Canal Street.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure is this link has been posted, but it had so many great photos of Sonja and her townhouse.   She really looks good with a more natural look.  

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8740219/Sonja-Morgan-debuts-bottom-remodel-Manhattan-townhouse-market-8-75-MILLION.html

I'm totally intrigued - it looks like she had her portrait done over? 

189FB941-C009-4A66-AF7A-0C60345D0745.jpeg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, ichbin said:

Found this article covering an interview with a past "intern".  Covers lots of the frequent questions frequently raised in the the forums.  

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/rhony-sonja-morgans-former-intern-reveals-what-it-was-really-like-to-work-for-her.html/

From the ^link - 

“So like [Morgan] would knock on my door at 11:00 PM on a Sunday and say, ‘Hey, like I’m hungry and bored. Do you want to go get dinner?’ And I would be like in my bed and I’d be like, okay, so we would yeah, like randomly,” Hubert added that Morgan has a big heart and is friendly and warm.

This young lady essentially worked for peanuts, which is a shame, as she could certainly have used money for public speaking classes.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2