Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, given a choice to burn Michelle’s ever-present denim jacket or take a pair of dog clippers to her hair, which do you choose?

Abbie’s dressed for prom night. JD’s dressed to change the oil in the car.

I was en route to posting that I'd buzz the possum off her head...

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd burn that big ugly wart off her behind....Oh, that's Jim Bob....

...but then @Churchhoney won the internet.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, given a choice to burn Michelle’s ever-present denim jacket or take a pair of dog clippers to her hair, which do you choose?

Whichever one comes with new footwear. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 4

5 minutes ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Jana's IG stated that Abbie was a wonderful nurse. So she was still working after all?

I haven't heard anything either way, but if she was, the Duggars would never publicize it. It goes against everything they've been preaching for the last decade. 

• Like 9

They've preached a lot of things over the past three decades and gone back on them. The Duggars are raging hypocrites. That being said, Abbie still working while they were saying women shouldn't work outside of the household only slightly registers on the Duggar Hypocrite scale.

They're still fundies and still dangerous but at least maybe there's some hope that this little girl will be allowed to pursue something rather than sitting around waiting for Prince Charming (unlike her other female cousins).

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

The prom in my hick hometown was not the height of elegance, but Abbie's outfit looks like regular church clothes to me. And while JD's jeans and polo aren't to my taste, they don't look like ratty work clothes to me. I've seen men in similar outfits at church. 

At my daughter's sex reveal party she asked everyone to wear pink if we were predicting a girl, blue if predicting a boy. I wore a top I didn't like very much because I didn't have any other pink winter clothes. Wonder if the "gender reveal" festivities informed JD & A's outfit choices?

Edited by Portia
  • Like 11

And those jeans could be considered in style except they are Duggars. Grandson just spent a lot of my money (my choice ) on what I consider ratty new jeans. Faded and shredded. I told him I could show him how to do that on a pair of cheap jeans. Which is what I’m guessing JD is wearing. 

• Like 3
  • Laugh 3
  • Surprise 1

18 hours ago, Libby96 said:

These people and their kissing pictures.  It’s like they have to show all the non-marrieds in their group “Look, we can touch, we can kiss!”

And all the social media posting of kisses just screams “See, our archaic courting practices work!  We are so in love!”

I’ve been with the same man for 28 years, married for 26 of them, and the total count of our kissing pictures is one, taken on our wedding day.  (We kissed  before marriage too, shocking, I know.  No pictures of that either.)

the thing is that too, with every couple, every kiss pictured lacks SO MUCH chemistry. like "oh a camera! time to kiss now!! gotta show everyone how in love we are and the only way we can do that is by mashing our faces against each other!!"

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, allonsyalice said:

the thing is that too, with every couple, every kiss pictured lacks SO MUCH chemistry. like "oh a camera! time to kiss now!! gotta show everyone how in love we are and the only way we can do that is by mashing our faces against each other!!"

It really does strike me as odd. I mean, I'm glad that they don't go around posing for pictures with tongues stuck down each others' throats, though I'm pretty sure that would provoke even more snark, and distaste. But, honestly, even though they DO seem to include more kissing pictures that the average person, I never thought of that as particularly unusual. I know plenty of couples who have been married for decades who still throw in the occasional kiss picture from a special occasion, and they are mostly all very chaste photos (as they should be, IMO). Even Mr Jyn and I probably have a handful of them, and he is FAR from being generally demonstrative and hates cameras with a passion. 

The Duggars were raised with the parents who made sure to kiss at every opportunity, and it probably IS something they consider vital to a healthy marriage. Heck, it's not unusual for me to go months without a kiss or a hug, so I'm probably a wee bit jealous, truth be told. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

19 hours ago, Lunera said:

What is with the pile of crap on the TTH front porch? (Seen in distance behind JD, you may have to slide picture over some.) Looks like a gas grill that has seen better days by the torch marks on the front. BTW, I've never seen a grill with any type of torch marks on it like that. (It must have been one heck of a cook out.)  It drives me nuts with all those people that someone can't take 5 minutes to wipe it off. It looks like outside gear piled up next to the grill which may have been left there for someone to take home. It's no big deal if the stuff was just leftovers from this party but knowing the Duggars, that pile could be there for Abbie & JD's blessing #2 gender reveal. 

On 8/19/2019 at 11:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Don't forget about the sparkle. Abbie loves her some sparkle.

It drives me nuts that Abbie  considers herself a sparkly, glitter type of girl.  Like I've posted before, I have never seen her wearing anything including a glittery headband or barrette or even earrings that would make her stand out as being a glitter girl (or whatever they call her.)  I don't consider the jewelry she's wearing in the pictures over the top & in the "Glitter Girl" category.  I know the Duggs see things differently but I think Abbie already called herself this before JD arrived on the scene. Maybe she is the most "girlie" of her sisters. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

It drives me nuts that Abbie  considers herself a sparkly, glitter type of girl.  Like I've posted before, I have never seen her wearing anything including a glittery headband or barrette or even earrings that would make her stand out as being a glitter girl (or whatever they call her.)  I don't consider the jewelry she's wearing in the pictures over the top & in the "Glitter Girl" category.  I know the Duggs see things differently but I think Abbie already called herself this before JD arrived on the scene. Maybe she is the most "girlie" of her sisters. 

I love sparkles and glittery stuff, but no, it's not practical in every day life so 99% of the time I'm not around it. I'm drawn to it but I know it's best to not waste my money. 

• Like 4

I am going to have to admit, I think Abbie looks lovely in that dress (top/skirt combo?) and I don't see much wrong with what JD is wearing, but then Mr Jukie wears jeans or shorts all year round, and if he has to wear 'slacks/pants' it is panic stations to try and find them in the wardrobe.

These two come across as a young couple who are enjoying each other, as all newly weds should, they seem to have a genuine connection.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, floridamom said:

It looks like Abbie is wearing a "Bates" sisters maxi dress.

And I actually like it. It looks really good on her!! It looks so fresh and modern.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Like 8

The picture of JD and Abbie kissing, absent the confetti, I actually think is cute. I see pure joy on their faces. They're intimately sharing happiness rather than a sexual kiss or a non-feeling stiff kiss. If I'm going to have to see a picture of a Duggar kissing, I'd say this one is okay.

• Like 14

On 8/20/2019 at 4:42 PM, Libby96 said:

These people and their kissing pictures.  It’s like they have to show all the non-marrieds in their group “Look, we can touch, we can kiss!”

And all the social media posting of kisses just screams “See, our archaic courting practices work!  We are so in love!”

I’ve been with the same man for 28 years, married for 26 of them, and the total count of our kissing pictures is one, taken on our wedding day.  (We kissed  before marriage too, shocking, I know.  No pictures of that either.)

The video where they announce the sex is worse, he picks her up and carries her off at the end & they're kissing. Urgh too much for me 

• Laugh 2

Their kisses are at least more passionate than Jill/Dereck. But yeah we get it mommy and daddy finally let you get married and get some.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2