Type keyword(s) to search

JD and Abbie: Captured Before the Rapture

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, awaken said:

I’m not betting on them breaking away, but their lack of constant posting is appreciated!  I’m still annoyed that Abbie got on the Poultry and Chicken bandwagon though.  

It's 4 a.m. so it took me a couple of minutes to figure out your "Citrus and Lemon" reference.  Have to go to that four letter thing called work shortly.  How many redundant and repetitious brand names could we think up?  How about "Flower and Marigold" or "Fungus and Mushroom"  The possibilities are endless!  Let's have a contest!  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Legumes & Peas

Dog & Chihuahua

Idiot & Duggar

I was SO going to post Dog & Chihuahua myself, but couldn't come up with a nice grouping of other possibilities right then.

How about...

Bird & Cuckoo

Meat & Mutton

Color & Beige (Jill should identify with that)

I'm not too good at this game. Idiot & Duggar is a good one. I got a big kick out of Fungus & Mushroom as well.

• LOL 4
7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was SO going to post Dog & Chihuahua myself, but couldn't come up with a nice grouping of other possibilities right then.

How about...

Bird & Cuckoo

Meat & Mutton

Color & Beige (Jill should identify with that)

I'm not too good at this game. Idiot & Duggar is a good one. I got a big kick out of Fungus & Mushroom as well.

Man, I've got to get my guys to take me out someplace that has fried mushrooms!!!  Maybe to Bar & Tavern.

• LOL 8
(edited)
34 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Love it, but it's backwards. Should be fish and sturgeon to follow the pattern. Like...Weeds & Spurge 😁

Oops!  😊 Thanks. Fixing it now. 

Edited by EVS
On 6/19/2019 at 4:08 PM, ginger90 said:

A screenshot from the episode:

8F5BBCDA-C139-4DB7-9D44-E43FB765E7A2.jpeg

I brought this family picture over from Jessa's thread.

I was reading another site & someone was questioning the absence of JD & Abbie in the picture &  videos of  Ivy's birth & family gathering. There also has been no formal congrats from them on her birth  on social media (I think).  Where have they disappeared to?  Someone suggested Abbie may be pregnant & on bedrest & they are just not announcing yet.  Any ideas?

ETA:  Were Abbie & JD at Carlin's wedding with the others? Maybe they stayed longer or rode hime with Joy & Austin who are also missing from the picture.  It seems a while since we've seen or heard from them but there is the picture of Abbie on Mother's Day  in the dress from Citrus and Melon so it really hasn't been that long. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I was reading another site & someone was questioning the absence of JD & Abbie in the picture &  videos of  Ivy's birth & family gathering. There also has been no formal congrats from them on her birth  on social media (I think).  Where have they disappeared to?  Someone suggested Abbie may be pregnant & on bedrest & they are just not announcing yet.  Any ideas?

ETA:  Were Abbie & JD at Carlin's wedding with the others? Maybe they stayed longer or rode hime with Joy & Austin who are also missing from the picture.  It seems a while since we've seen or heard from them but there is the picture of Abbie on Mother's Day  in the dress from Citrus and Melon so it really hasn't been that long. 

I wouldn't read too much into who is present/absent in that picture. Including spouses, Josh, JD, Jill, Jinger, and Joy are all missing. I also don't see either Jason or Jeremiah (whoever is standing next to Jed in the back).

• Love 4

I checked on FB to see if her family posted anything about her. They haven't. Her mother is quite active there spouting anti-vax, anti-abortion, anti-Muslim fundie crap.

There is a picture I've never seen of their wedding rehearsal. 

Screenshot_20190629-112411_Chrome.thumb.jpg.970d3ff909fb29186257a7e74641fea9.jpg

• Useful 2
(edited)

I think Pickles said Abbie wasn't at Mary's funeral. I couldn't make her out in the video Jill posted but it's a crappy video.

Edited by Lunera
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

I checked on FB to see if her family posted anything about her. They haven't. Her mother is quite active there spouting anti-vax, anti-abortion, anti-Muslim fundie crap.

There is a picture I've never seen of their wedding rehearsal. 

Screenshot_20190629-112411_Chrome.thumb.jpg.970d3ff909fb29186257a7e74641fea9.jpg

Hmm how does anti-vax work with Abbie being a nurse? 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Puffin said:

She probably got an exemption from having to give vaccination shots because it conflicted with her religious beliefs.

2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Pregnant with twins? 

Aren't they always pregnant with twins until it turns out that they're not?

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Puffin said:

Abby is an LPN, not all of them are licensed to give injections.  As I recall, she was working in a nursing home or the like, she probably had no need to give vaccines anyway.  Usually stuff like flu shots are done by a single RN who just goes room to room on the designated day.  It would also be nice to think that perhaps Abby has a mind of her own and the autonomy to decide for herself on vaccinations and maybe she is fine with it.  I do suspect Meeechelle and the rest of the Duggars are anti-vaxxers though, which I guess is one good thing about homeschooling them; less chance for others to be put at risk by their ignorance

• Useful 2
  • Love 11

My guess on Abbie's absence is that she is pregnant, but carrying it as "cute" as her SILs, like Lauren & Kendra.  If she is sick & bloated, she may prefer to stay out of the limelight.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Abby is an LPN, not all of them are licensed to give injections.  As I recall, she was working in a nursing home or the like, she probably had no need to give vaccines anyway.  Usually stuff like flu shots are done by a single RN who just goes room to room on the designated day.  It would also be nice to think that perhaps Abby has a mind of her own and the autonomy to decide for herself on vaccinations and maybe she is fine with it.  I do suspect Meeechelle and the rest of the Duggars are anti-vaxxers though, which I guess is one good thing about homeschooling them; less chance for others to be put at risk by their ignorance

I think it's more about not spending money, than about any actual belief.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, Absolom said:

We do know that the Duggars didn't do the chickenpox vaccine as it ran through their family.  Whether they did others, they've never said.  

I give the Duggars a partial pass on this one. My son, who is the age of the older Duggars, had the chicken pox when he was in kindergarten (~1995) & passed it to his younger cousins as well as a neighbor family with young children.  I think the vaccine came out soon after.  But they still should have had any child vaccinated that was born after this or didn't catch it from their older siblings.

We don't know for sure if they vaccinate or not as Josie was shown getting some.  But for the rest, I think it was sheer laziness on M & JB's part to take them to the doctors for checkups & vaccines & to keep track of each kid's visits &vaccines even tho the doctors office would keep records.  I think it was a hit or miss kind of situation. Some may have gotten them, some not. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, luvbadtv said:

My guess on Abbie's absence is that she is pregnant, but carrying it as "cute" as her SILs, like Lauren & Kendra.  If she is sick & bloated, she may prefer to stay out of the limelight.

I think she's pregnant and they're waiting to do some cutesy "Surprise!" reveal when she's six months along. It's strange how they were all loved up on Instagram and now it's been complete radio silence for a while. 

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I think she's pregnant and they're waiting to do some cutesy "Surprise!" reveal when she's six months along. It's strange how they were all loved up on Instagram and now it's been complete radio silence for a while. 

Maybe holding out til the new season of CO starts in the fall. I could see them announcing a six month along pregnancy on the premiere day or an add in announcement during the first episode.  The fans would go wild esp if she was having a girl. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think it's more about not spending money, than about any actual belief.

Most vaccinations can be obtained through the health department at no cost to children, there is a government program for it.  If the Duggars didn't vaccinate their kids, it is because they chose not to do so.  And, just as they don't publicize their more extreme religious beliefs, they don't talk about it on the show so as not to stir up the viewership.  As for Josie, she was/is medically fragile.  There is no way she left the NICU without her parents being fully informed of the devastating effects of childhood illnesses in kids like her.  If, God forbid, the medical team got wind of the fact that none of Josie's umpteen siblings were vaccinated against anything, I could see the Duggar parents being threatened with a call to the juvenile authorities if they didn't get her vaccinated.

I think Abbie is pregnant and either has severe morning sickness or has been having bleeding or something and they're waiting for the problem to resolve before going public.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Most vaccinations can be obtained through the health department at no cost to children, there is a government program for it.  If the Duggars didn't vaccinate their kids, it is because they chose not to do so.  And, just as they don't publicize their more extreme religious beliefs, they don't talk about it on the show so as not to stir up the viewership.  As for Josie, she was/is medically fragile.  There is no way she left the NICU without her parents being fully informed of the devastating effects of childhood illnesses in kids like her.  If, God forbid, the medical team got wind of the fact that none of Josie's umpteen siblings were vaccinated against anything, I could see the Duggar parents being threatened with a call to the juvenile authorities if they didn't get her vaccinated.

I think Abbie is pregnant and either has severe morning sickness or has been having bleeding or something and they're waiting for the problem to resolve before going public.

I don't think that the Duggars would ever go to the Health Department to get vaccinations. Getting free stuff from businesses is their bread and butter, but getting free stuff from the government goes against their fundamental religio-political beliefs.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, doodlebug said:

I do suspect Meeechelle and the rest of the Duggars are anti-vaxxers though, which I guess is one good thing about homeschooling them; less chance for others to be put at risk by their ignorance

I don't know about that. They seem to show up at places like Silver Dollar City regularly with their unvaxxed germs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/29/2019 at 4:56 AM, Barb23 said:

Citrus and Melon?  That's pretty good.

• Love 2

I think the weirder thing is the speculation that Abbie wasn’t at the funeral.  Unless she was very sick the morning of the funeral, I can’t see her missing it just to keep from debuting a 2-month “baby bump”.  Even if they were too busy to come back for Ivy’s birth or just didn’t care, there’s no way JD goes to the funeral and she doesn’t without something being seriously wrong.  Plus they didn’t have any Grandma Mary tributes, did they?

Even Josiah and Lauren kept up their social media through the month of October (miscarriage was the first weekend of October), then went silent into the holiday season.

I really don’t think Abbie will turn up 6-7 months pregnant.  The only time that happened was when all the Smuggar stuff went down and Anna waited to announce.  I can’t imagine Abbie would want to hide from the public for that long just for some weird gotcha reveal for her first child.  I have to think if she’s pregnant, she’s due in Dec or Jan.

(Honestly, I almost think something went wrong in their marriage very quickly.  If it was just pregnancy & HG, some kind of social media presence could be kept up by JD and the sisters.  This feels purposeful).

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Why are people saying she wasn’t at the funeral? If it was Pickles post, I think Pickles was actually referring to the wedding that happened that weekend, the post was poorly written.   Abbie could have skipped the wedding for many reasons, including being with Amy and Deanna for support

(edited)
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Carlin's wedding was 5/25. Mary passed on 6/9. 

No, the Query wedding- the weekend between Mary’s Death and funeral. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ah thanks. I didn't read Pickles' post. Anywho, the Query wedding was local. 

That’s ok. The Duggars go to a lot of weddings, we can’t keep them all straight.  

Do you know who it was that is implying Abbie  wasn’t at the funeral?  

Edited by mythoughtis

I think it's because neither she nor JD are seen in the onstage family video. However, I *think* I saw JD as one of the pallbearers, although I could be misremembering the picture I saw (Jill's IG, IIRC).

• Useful 1

Didn't JD say something to the effect of Josh's behavior upsetting him and even more so because they were putting it all out there explaining how they'd moved past the molestations and all the while Josh had these secrets of trying to cheat on his wife?

Maybe he is over his family and is starting a real life on his own with Abbie. Maybe he has a job and Abbie has a job too. He didn't fly anyone to the Bates wedding, so I wonder if he went.

Maybe he's squirreled away writing a tell-all.

Or maybe he's more like JB, Josh and Jessa and is playing with the viewers to eventually grab the headlines and attention.

• Love 5

I like to believe that they’re as happy as they look and they’ve decided to create their own world away from all the hypocrisy and bullshit. (What’s Fundiespeak for bullshit?)

I kinda wonder if Abbie shilling for Schmattas R Us and doing it much better than Jill might have caused a rift? But Jill is only a Duggar By Sufferance these days, so I doubt they would shun Abbie on her behalf.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think it's because neither she nor JD are seen in the onstage family video. However, I *think* I saw JD as one of the pallbearers, although I could be misremembering the picture I saw (Jill's IG, IIRC).

I had figured it was JD next to Josh? (Third from the right.) I can’t tell for sure from the pallbearer pic, though I think there were two different ones - this is Jill’s.

19C95380-9652-4A33-BC69-73104DA80A02.jpeg

9C8C4012-BD71-45B6-8491-FB5D0B017100.jpeg

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WalrusGirl said:

I had figured it was JD next to Josh? (Third from the right.) I can’t tell for sure from the pallbearer pic, though I think there were two different ones - this is Jill’s.

19C95380-9652-4A33-BC69-73104DA80A02.jpeg

9C8C4012-BD71-45B6-8491-FB5D0B017100.jpeg

Yes I think JD is next to Josh and opposite Josiah in the pallbearer. 

• Love 5

Abbie probably took one look at the internet and noped right out of posting to IG and Twitter obsessively. 

I would not be the least bit surprised if they had a "change of heart" and Abbie is working as an LPN. If so, it makes sense to stay off social media in case fans/non-fans decide to show up. 

• Love 9

I've also wondered how much of the social media content in the leadup to the wedding was contractual. Maybe not required but certainly expected to promote the show. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

John David and Abbie are celebrating the anniversary of their engagement. One year ago today they became engaged. They reposted the photos (from a year ago) on Instagram. No recent pictures (probably to "surprise" us with pregnancy/birth announcement). 

• Useful 8
4 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

No pictures. Hmm, I wonder what’s up. If she were pregnant I think it would have come out by now (the news, not the baby). That family can’t keep pregnancy news quiet to save their lives. 

Who lives in Arkansas? @Zella? We need a scout to BOLO for a baby bump. 👀🤰 📸

• LOL 3
  • Love 1