Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Gouls Just Wanna Have Fun

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

https://splinternews.com/9-times-a-celebrity-or-politician-has-apologized-for-we-1793848981

Ted Danson took the heat for it and moved on and his career hasn't suffered. But WT actual Fuck was Joni Mitchell thinking?

The apologies all sounded similar.  I think there is a difference between Ted Danson's make up and Luann's.   She explained it and I guess it makes sense to her.  Thanks for the article. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Who ever did Sonja's TH makeup needs their license revoked.

She looks hideous. But I see she's wearing the red halter-neck wrap dress, so no doubt at some point it'll fall off, to distract us from the clown face.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, BBHN said:

Even bigger WT actual Fuck in that article was Tyra Banks...

...who appears to have prefixed her apology with --

“[If anyone was offended], I apologize because that was not my intent

• Love 3

Full disclosure, I wasn't even sure if Luann had darkened her face because a) I don't watch this show in HDTV so pic quality isn't at its clearest; b) the party lighting wasn't great and c) wondered if the wig was just casting a shadow on her face. However, the consensus and more importantly, Luann's admission, says that she did darken her face. Yikes! Frankly, I was more offended at the time by the wig. Diana Ross, and in fact, no one during the entire history of man, has ever had a fro so large. That is not homage, that is caricature. Seriously, Diana has so many signature looks. Just pic an era and go with it. The fact that she had to say she was Diana Ross tells you it was a bad costume. 

Same. I watched it online and I didn't get the fuss. On a scale from 1 to Julianne Hough, I'd give it a 2. I didn't notice darkened skin, but that wig was all kinds of no. And it looked dry AF. 

Yessss to drunk Dorinda! I loved how she looked an absolute hot ass mess as the night progressed. Girl, you didn't even stay for your own party! Going on about greeting the host, which I agree with, but then she ends up bailing before the night is over. 

I'm never upset whenever anyone tells Ramona to fuck off. She brought it on herself. She just has to get a dig in. Sure, it's a silly argument, but her snobbiness always has to rear its head. I don't like unfiltered people, so whenever someone gets Ramona together, I'll all for it.

I didn't care about Bethenny going on about her charity in Puerto Rico. However, I do agree that it was in poor taste that she mentioned how much Tinsley and Ramona contributed. She should've kept the amounts private. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, film noire said:

"I'll roast a chicken and take out two bottles of wine - no, four bottles of wine - and we'll tell each other our deepest darkest secrets and get into my bed and watch Ghost Hunters" -- I would pay good money (somewhere between Tinsley's 10 grand and Ramona's 3K) to watch that night go down ; )

Hell... I'd just love to be there as a guest.  I promise I would take notes to post here! 

9 hours ago, Sai said:

Ok, so what was up with Luann saying she suffered for 2 years?   Wasn't she only married for 6 months?  Prior to her getting married she was telling everyone how happy she was and how in love she was, that's why she got married.  If she was suffering the whole time then she should NOT have ever walked down that aisle.  Somewhere, somehow she got screwed up in the head and made some really bad choices.  I hope she can snap out of it.

Luann was in love with the idea of being in love and being married again. She was so stubborn though and refused to see all the red flags and the actual pictures of Tom already cheating on her even before the wedding.  I get that she went through a heartbreak, but to now demand sympathy instead of just holding her head high and saying she made a mistake... nope.  I hope at some point she has a conversation with the other gals and acknowledges they were trying to warn her. 

6 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

Regarding Lu - - clearly Carole should have brought over a casserole.  Vicki Gunvalson needs to ring up this group to explain proper manners.

And don't forget Dorit to make sure you have the correct glassware. 

• Love 14
(edited)
13 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'm fairly certain I've become totally unraveled and posted unconscionable things in my fugue stages of grief (which continue to arise to this day).  I still ugly cry on a regular basis - there's just no way a camera would ever capture an image of it, or me (unless it's the dreaded DMV pic).

{Walnut Queen}

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Luann's is a direct Algonquin descendant from her father's side (both her parents are Canadian).

Which is why she should've gone as Cher - a perfect way to throw shade at Carole,  while also looking fabulous:

cher 2.jpg

Who was Dorinda dressed as?

By the end of her drunken night, a glass of champagne bubbles :)

Edited by film noire
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, archer1267 said:

LuAnn thought that she was "owed" the best room last season because...she was a newlywed. I don't expect much rational thought from that one.

Speaking of rooms, I wonder if she demanded the best cell in the jail?  Heavens to Betsey, no private bathroom?   Oh, wait, the sink in her "suite" doubles as the toilet. BAHAAAAAAA

• Love 10
4 hours ago, bosawks said:

I'm going to spend a season wanting everybody to never stop talking about Tom

Agree. Every hw tagline could be "it's about Tom" and I would LOVE IT and never DVR FF thru taglines ever again !

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

she's a beautiful woman.  And I find her sooooo watchable, even when she wasn't having a mental breakdown.  Some of her comments were funny and I think she saw in Beth what most of didn't see back on Beth's first RHONY run.

100% this. I loved the Bethenny takedown at the Brass Monkey where KKB simply called her out on her shit and her antics it took integrity and guts on Kelly's part to attempt it. And I was on it from day 1. Ramona attempted a takedown (mention it all! Spread eagle convo) in the Berkshires and I loved her for it. Keep going Ramona.  Bethenny telling Ramona to call her when she accomplished something was despicable.  Ramona made her own money and has raised a bright healthy daughter ! Empowering women? Ok Bethenny. 

• Love 14

In the beginning of the franchise, RHoNY used to be my favorite because of all of the charity work.

If it wasn't for Jill Zarin, I wouldn't know what a "step and repeat" is!

Ramona's alluded to charity work in Africa (building schools, I think), as has Kelly Bensimon on her blog. And I wish we saw more of that side of Kelly on the show, and I wish we saw that side of Ramona now too; she seems too idle as an empty-nester with no businesses to run. The charity events could be entertaining too because there was often some fight going on (Bethenny taking too much space with SkinnyGirl product at Jill's event, Ramonja talking throughout Heather's fashion show, Ramona tossing George out of her domestic violence fundraiser). I'm trying to think of the fundraisers since and am thinking of that doggie wedding (?) and Sonja's weird burlesque fundraising routine for LGBTQ youth. 

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Agree. Every hw tagline could be "it's about Tom" and I would LOVE IT and never DVR FF thru taglines ever again !

100% this. I loved the Bethenny takedown at the Brass Monkey where KKB simply called her out on her shit and her antics it took integrity and guts on Kelly's part to attempt it. And I was on it from day 1. Ramona attempted a takedown (mention it all! Spread eagle convo) in the Berkshires and I loved her for it. Keep going Ramona.  Bethenny telling Ramona to call her when she accomplished something was despicable.  Ramona made her own money and has raised a bright healthy daughter ! Empowering women? Ok Bethenny. 

Sidebar I love that KKB has made a real career in Real Estate.  It's a regular employment and she's out there hustling.  I would really like to see her back on the show and I think she's a lot smarter than anyone ever gave her credit for.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TipseyGirl said:

Are they running that fast backwards? Impressive!

I don't think that person is a crew member. I'm like 90% sure that that is Sonja. She was taking pictures of everybody instead of riding a camel.

ZaApE_1_50.jpg

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

They were culturally insensitive to you, not to me. You can hang her feet to the fire but I'm not obligated to do so. I don't think I'm being unreasonable in thinking that the reactions are being exaggerated for the sake of being offended. Her apology wasn't meant to admit wrong-doing, it was meant to convey that she had no malicious intent by her actions. If we had to qualify every apology as an admission of wrong-doing or guilt, then there would be far less apologies happening in this world. Again, not trying to say that Luann couldn't have addressed the situation better but if you're expecting a certain type of response, then getting anything less just makes it easier to disqualify anything that the person says because they didn't say it in a way that others deem it appropriate and 'good enough'. I respect your right to your opinion but I think we have respectfully agree to disagree on this one.

Intent is an important consideration.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Haha - I didn't even catch this at the time, Ramona meant to say Dorinda is a spitfire and firecracker

Ramonaism - Dorinda's a spitcracker

Thank you! A new saying for me. I missed that. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I agree. This is the best housewives cast ever put together.

It's like we're constantly watching seven feuding sisters at a family reunion.

Carole is the oldest sister who left her hometown, went to college, got an important job,  so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Ramona is the sister who married (shotgun style) the high school quarterback whose family owns a successful supermarket chain and so  thinks she's better than her sisters.

Luann is the parents' favorite because she presents well, got good grades, and married the "safe" boyfriend. She's also fucked all of her sisters' men at some point and so, because of this glorious feat, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Sonja is the sister who peaked in high school in every way possible. She's now living back in the parents' house and acting as their caretaker. She knows she's getting the family house and 1998 Ford Explorer in the will, and so thinks she better than her sisters.

Tinsley is the baby of the family. Although she's immature, she's mostly harmless. Everyone works to not upset her because they don't want to deal with fall out. Since everyone is nice to her 24/7, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Bethenny was adopted at age 4. She refuses to ask for or take anyone's advice or help. She spends most her time on her phone because fuck you Carole she's got an important job too! She doesn't share DNA with any of these wackos, so she thinks she's better than her sisters

Dorinda is the problem child. She no longer remembers how many times she's been arrested and is always begging for bail money. Even though she is always in trouble and no one can stand her, she, unlike the others, is always supportive and comes through for her family, so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Absolutely brilliant

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

Carole is the oldest sister who left her hometown, went to college, got an important job,  so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Ramona is the sister who married (shotgun style) the high school quarterback whose family owns a successful supermarket chain and so  thinks she's better than her sisters.

Luann is the parents' favorite because she presents well, got good grades, and married the "safe" boyfriend. She's also fucked all of her sisters' men at some point and so, because of this glorious feat, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Sonja is the sister who peaked in high school in every way possible. She's now living back in the parents' house and acting as their caretaker. She knows she's getting the family house and 1998 Ford Explorer in the will, and so thinks she better than her sisters.

Tinsley is the baby of the family. Although she's immature, she's mostly harmless. Everyone works to not upset her because they don't want to deal with fall out. Since everyone is nice to her 24/7, she thinks she's better than her sisters.

Bethenny was adopted at age 4. She refuses to ask for or take anyone's advice or help. She spends most her time on her phone because fuck you Carole she's got an important job too! She doesn't share DNA with any of these wackos, so she thinks she's better than her sisters

Dorinda is the problem child. She no longer remembers how many times she's been arrested and is always begging for bail money. Even though she is always in trouble and no one can stand her, she, unlike the others, is always supportive and comes through for her family, so she thinks she's better than her sisters.

HAHAHHAA ... This is so hilarious and spot on

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I can't speak for Ramona's affect on women other than I know she had a skin care line and jewelry line that actually existed, for more than 1 season! so Kadooz to her for that. Did she have those products before the show began? I came in a few seasons late. 

But, a lot of these women (on RH shows, at least) that claim to take pride in "empowering women" use a lot of misogynist stereotypes and/or nudity to get their point across.  Isn't sexualization of women what feminists are trying to get past so we can be taken seriously as intellectual equals and not just looked at as sex objects? Between Erika Jayne claiming she empowers women, to the RIchards sisters offering makeovers to the homeless, Siggy Flicker bringing in cosmetic surgeons and make up artists to her seminars, and Beth thinking we want to see her in each of her eleventy billion bikinis or getting naked on vacation with the girls ...I must have misunderstood the whole movement or what "empowering women" actually means.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

This is brilliant and spot on.  Giving credit here to @Ki-in and @Boofish who both beat me to the comments. 

• Love 6

Luann. Bless her heart, she thinks she can try to shame Carole about her relationship -- whatever it was and however the two of them defined it -- with Adam for, what, three years and then be all offended because Carole didn't reach out to her when not-a-Countess's seven-month marriage very predictably crumbled? No, honey. Not really.  I was bothered by her Diana Ross costume/makeup as well and have never been impressed by an "if I offended anyone," apology.

Sonja. Her overly made-up talking head look is horrifying. I try not to comment on anyone's physical appearance because that's just easy pickings sometimes, but gee whiz, what a disaster.

Dorinda. I've seen alcoholism up close and extremely personally in my family. I think -- just from what I've seen on the show, obviously -- she shows a lot of the signs. Even if she's sometimes funny (until she switches to rage and becomes scary), she needs to get help.

Bethenny. Her work after the hurricanes is admirable. And she did *work* and didn't just collect some money and send it in (which would also be admirable). Her grief for Cookie seemed real to me. I've lost beloved pets myself and found myself crying with her.

Tinsley. Eh. "Eloise all grown up." Yeah. Nailed it.

Carole. My brother and nieces are marathoners. From other media, I see she did finish the race, so good for her. It's an accomplishment. She should (in my opinion, of course) ditch Adam entirely if they've broken up. I mean, you can keep exes as friends sometimes (I always did), but you can't keep on sleeping with them because that's all kinds of messed up. (Again, just my opinion.)

• Love 13

Tinsley's tagline is in the running for worst ever.

When I saw Bethenny in costume, the first thing I thought of was BenDeLaCreme dressed as a cougar for Drag Race's The Bitchelor.

Ep3_BENDELACREME-1024x640.jpg

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I'm so  happy this show is back. It feels like a fantastic lover is back and bringing me "coffee" every morning,  that's how thrilled I am.

Sonja, yowza WTH is going on in that th? 

Ramona still a snob that is rude beyond words. I can't stand her but she did look good as Brittany 

Carol running is definitely Phoebe Buffet,  lol, I died watching her run.Carole  randomly smoking while the rest of them were screaming and totally sloshed was hilarious. 

Luann I'm embarrassed for you, that's really all I have ....oh except that wig, holy hell! That's wasn't even what Diana Ross' hair looked like but I'll just leave it at that.

Tinsley, love the shade she threw at Carole,  "I'm not "sure what you're eating these days'. Since so many said Carole ate vegan   with Adam, and junk pre Adam. I think they really like each other as friends(C&T )and make more sense as girlfriends, than Bethany and Carole do. 

Bethany good on her for the all the charity work. If people need to humble Bragg,  so be it. As long as people are getting help.  I feel bad about her dog. Thats never easy on anyone who loved their pet. It is heartbreaking.  I do Wonder what's going on with Bethany and Carole.? 

Dorinda, damn woman. Drink some water between cocktails. It will absolutely help you not be a drunken sloppy mess. As Dorinda bitched and moaned (and proceeded to get  a drunken mess) about Sonja not coming over , did Dorinda ever mingle with her other guests?  She seemed to stay in that spot and drink and drink never greeting or talking to anyone but the howives. 

I didn't see it as shade. I think they've built a genuine friendship. Carole had to start training for the marathon months before. Someone who had never worked out can't decide the day or week before that they will be able to run/walk 26.2 miles. She not only had to train to get her body into physical shape - I'm sure her trainer had her change her diet, eating habits and sleep habits. There are certain foods they stay away from during training. And there a certain foods they eat but won't eat if they are about to run a few miles that day.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I don't think that person is a crew member. I'm like 90% sure that that is Sonja. She was taking pictures of everybody instead of riding a camel.

ZaApE_1_50.jpg

You may be right! Great catch.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I must have misunderstood the whole movement or what "empowering women" actually means.

I think Bethenny wants us to know that it is empowering to be able to order your hockey player boyfriend to turn around so that your friend can feel his firm butt cheeks. Girl Power!

One can argue that Bethenny had the right to tell Ramona that basically she's a nothing, because Ramona started it. But Ramona's platform isn't empowering women. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

However, Luann has control over her own Instagram. She posted pictures of herself in that costume back in November 2017. She got many comments - where people commented that they were offended. She removed many of those comments, but they kept coming in. She CHOSE not to apologize on Instagram and she CHOSE not to remove the photo.

She apologized on WWHL - 6 months after she posted the pic on her Instagram. For this, I'm not finding any sincerity in her if I offended anyone apology - what an asshole

Like x 100 !

• Love 6
2 hours ago, film noire said:

Which is why she should've gone as Cher - a perfect way to throw shade at Carole,  while also looking fabulous:

cher 2.jpg

That actually would have been a great costume which would have grinded Carole's gears but I don't think Luann was thinking of taking an opportunity to take a go at Carole when picking out her costume. Maybe she should have been a bit more vindictive in her approach. She would have found herself in less trouble for it, haha. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Maybe it was my TV but it didn't appear to me that Luann tried to darken her skin.  From afar, the size of the wig put her face in shadow which may have given that impression.  However, when she came over and sat down, her makeup looked the same as always to me.  She might have been a little more tan than usual, but that's supported by the other scenes where she's clearly been in the sun recently.  While I certainly understand the offensiveness surrounding blackface, I simply thought Luann just choose Diana Ross as her costume.

People mourn in different ways, but Bethenny's filming of Cookie's seizures didn't sit well with me as a dog mom.  When my dogs are hurt, scared, in pain, etc., I want to give them comfort and support, not film them. 

Wow, Sonja looks godawful.  Ramona looks so much better in the interviews with the short hair.  I love Carole's cut, but she went too blonde and I still find her so entirely humorless.  Tinsley looked so much better in the scene at her apartment with her hair straightened than she does with those horrid curls. Sue me, but I love drunk Dorinda.

Edited by snarts
grammar
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Intent is an important consideration.

I absolutely agree, which is why I didn't find the costume offensive. If someone takes issue with her bad assembly of a Diana Ross costume, I totally get it. If someone takes offense to the fact that she darkened her skin, I totally get it. You don't need to change the colour of your skin to effectively portray a character in costume, but the origins of blackface are really nasty and sinister. It wasn't something as simple as painting your face a different colour. There was a lot more  to it then that and it's a disservice to try and reinvent the wheel of what something is in order to apply to modern day issues. Call it something if you wish but don't call it something that it's not. 

And to your point about intent being an important consideration, that's often the  consideration that's missing in the dialogue we see. When someone does something  that seems inherently racist, the reaction is to get angry, shame people and/or scream 'i'm offended'. Well what's the objective? Is the objective to educate people so that they learn to humanize one another so that race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. are no longer barriers that prevent us from living peacefully? Or is the objective to shame people into hiding? Because the latter option doesn't help anyone, it only creates a temporary facade of a society that isn't real or authentically accepting. The latter is designed to force apologies out of people only to then criticize the sincerity of said apologies. Of course it's not fucking sincere. You bullied the apology out of someone without reasonably explaining why you take issue with it so someone is apologizing not for what they did, but for how others felt about what they did and it just becomes easier for someone to apologize so they can move the hell on. It only manages to create a world divided by two sides, one that always feels attacked and one side that thinks the other side are morally and ethically inferior. I'll give kudos to the social media comments that tried to respectfully address Luann's faux pas. For those who went on her social media to insult her, shame her, or judge her, those can kindly get off their soap box because what Luann intentionally lacked on social issues and history, they equally lacked the intellect to speak to someone like a human being. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

I very much want to read the novelized version of this premise.

• Love 17
19 hours ago, WireWrap said:

She straight up apologized if she offended anyone with that costume on WWHL tonight. 

Some apologies are too little,  too late. IMO this is one of them. Lu has always straddled the line for me,  but this? Nope.

I will relish every last bit of her televised humiliation.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

That was assy of Bethany,  because Ramona has accomplished a lot in her life,  but I find myself not caring because I despise Ramona more than Bethany. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, WordsWordsWords said:

Dorinda. I've seen alcoholism up close and extremely personally in my family. I think -- just from what I've seen on the show, obviously -- she shows a lot of the signs. Even if she's sometimes funny (until she switches to rage and becomes scary), she needs to get help.

Agreed. It seems like she can't just have a drink or two. She has to get blackout drunk every time she drinks. That's what is concerning to me. 

• Love 14
7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Full disclosure, I wasn't even sure if Luann had darkened her face because a) I don't watch this show in HDTV so pic quality isn't at its clearest; b) the party lighting wasn't great and c) wondered if the wig was just casting a shadow on her face. However, the consensus and more importantly, Luann's admission, says that she did darken her face. Yikes!

While she did apologize, she specifically said she did not alter her skin tone.

https://twitter.com/CountessLuann/status/981726937503731713?s=19

• Love 6
8 hours ago, BBHN said:

Why not, we do it for just about everything else...

Hardly the same thing as what Luann did.

I just feel like politics, this issue will hurt feelings, and I enjoy snarking on the women rather than see posters argue over feelings that will not and should not be changed.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Cherrio said:

One quick OT post.     I listen to her music all the time. One of the most underrated popular singers of all time.   YouTube has her David Foster concert appearance and she never sounded better.The medley is out of this world.

She was one of the best singers ever.  She was so effortless and had such a range!

• Love 1
3 hours ago, WhoaWhoKnew said:

You.Are.Brilliant!

• Love 5