Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Holy Schnitzel

• Start Topic

Fucking Dorit, LOL.

She [Erika] doesn't seem to know the ladies very well if she thought they'd eat it. 

Erika is hardly the hostess with the mostest. I doubt she even bothered to look over the menu. 

Kyle is evil, but tries to hide it.  

Now she can just smile and deflect with her new big ass blinding Chiclets.

That horse stopped on a dime when Rinna followed Teddi Bear's instructions. Impressive.

But I absolutely loved that burgundy lipstick!

The lip was good. Rinna's though, lawd...

cgxIDT.gif

• Love 15
On 4/4/2018 at 12:38 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Thought the same thing, though I thought she looked fab from the neck up. Shiny pants make everything look rounder! I'm just sad she didn't seize the opportunity to wear a St. Pauli Girl get-up, dammit!

Major fail on Mikey's part!!!

13 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

One thing I never understand why aren't Erika and Dorit's feelings ever important?  It seems to be all about Kyle and Teddi's feelings. Just seems off to me.

I think because Teddi and Kyle are all about their feelings - while Erika claims not to have any, and Dorit lies too much.  IMO.

7 hours ago, WireWrap said:

There are other antihistamines that she could have taken that do not have a sedative effect and Kyle didn't bring her epi-pen even though she knew where she was going. 

Kyle said before the ride that she was willing to take some runny eyes to go riding - I don't think she realized what would happen to her.  When I was a child I got stung by a bee a few times and other than the sting nothing happened.  When I was in my 20s I brushed a bee away and he stung my pinkie finger - and my pinkie and ring finger and lower half of my hand swelled up and was stiff for about a week!  My friend's mom who was a nurse told me allergies could get more (or less) severe over time, and if I ever got stung again I should go to the emergency room.  I have chosen instead to avoid bees (as if I were Kyle!  LOL)  So I can see where she may not have realized how bad her allergy would affect her.  It certainly doesn't sound like anything she would have ever had an epipen for!

6 hours ago, Shellbell59 said:

EVERY PICTURE I see of the group... whether on a trip or a step and repeat...Teddi manages to be on the end... full profile of the derrière! Check it out...every time!

I appreciate how proud she must be of her accomplishments...and perhaps it’s contributing to her “brand” image...but really..for being so “chill” and claiming to be the least vain person...it’s a bit “extra’..IMO

I noticed this last night when they were posing for the pictures!  But I thought it was due to her wanting to hide on the end/stand in profile to look narrower :)   Due to her former life as a fatty, of course!  Hee hee

• Love 7
6 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Sorry for not reading all the way though the thread. My kitchen caught fire  2 days ago and  my daughter had a 19 week pregnancy loss. My brain is fried .. This is the exact same book I mentioned.

So sorry to hear this.  Take care of yourself , your daughter and the rest of your family.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, film noire said:

LOL (and better than my original joke, MindThinkr -- I'm Ed to your Johnny :)

eta

@ghoulina, I thought all of it was riveting as well; Harry waiting outside the school every day (because Rinna was working? Or because Delilah wanted him, not her mother?) The doc saying it was brought on by strep, which sounded like such a Victorian diagnosis (even Dr Quinn had more medical knowledge than that -- "Sully, strep alone can't bring on anxiety like that. Something must have happened to our daughter at the schoolhouse today!")   I wondered if she'd been bullied and that was the genesis (and the strep just happened alongside that) or they know the initial cause of her life-long anxiety was something else, and Rinna (out of respect)  didn't give the real reason.

9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yes! I wanted to know more. Step brought on anxiety? I know it's not fun, but it's not like she had mono and was shut up in the house for weeks? If I would have been at that dinner, I'd have had some probing questions. 

So, there is PANS and PANDAS.  I've worked with children from both.  PANDAS is a subset of PANS and is the one directly related to strep and can seriously cause some major issues in children. 

As far as Dorit...  I would hope that she isn't exaggerating or outright making up a story about her family and the Holocaust. I had assumed it was common knowledge that there were no concentration camps in Russia/Siberia considering that Hitler was fighting the Russians (and sucked at it). I believe she is referencing the gulag.  It is also common for families to have been broken apart during that time and some found other surviving members but others did not.  So, I could see where parts of her story are accurate but a lot of it isn't.  However, let's face it, Dorit isn't the best at recalling past events or listening unless it directly involves her. 

• Love 4
On 3/28/2018 at 10:39 AM, KungFuBunny said:

25010966_136759580366115_908510321409680

Yes BBHN!

And say what you will about their sometimes poor fashion choices - but these woman throw away spend major money on their clothes, bags & footwear.

For the love of God Kyle, buy a shirt that fits!  Jeez, you own a clothing store.  Shirts are NOT supposed to have the front so stretched the buttons might pop at any moment!

• Love 8
On 4/3/2018 at 10:37 PM, princelina said:

I think Kyle accidentally gave the secret away - apparently they are all much more pleasant on beer and carbs than they are with wine and tiny salads and raw veal balls.  Who knew?

Yup. There's a reason it's Minnesota nice not California nice.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, ParadoxLost said:

I agree.  Where I started rolling my eyes was at the dramatic... and thirty years later my grandfather was reunited with his mother in Israel and she knew because he looked just lie her dead husband.

At a minimum I think she's taking something based in truth and building into some epic story.

At some point this season I came to the conclusion Dorit isn't just faking an accent, her entire personality is an affectation and she is twisting events to fit it even if it makes no sense.

My own family had a similar story. My great grandfather, who his wife and family assumed was dead, showed up on a doorstep years later and his wife ran screaming into the street. She thought she was seeing the dead. Everyone was told that the other had died. They also lived in fear their entire lives in Stalin’s USSR. 

After I visited Berlin last year, it haunted me for weeks. When your family has history, when you’re a Jew who walks through that memorial, who knows that the history of that city/country is so tied to the pain, suffering, and horrors your family and people went through, you are more likely to be pained and highly emotional when recounting a story. 

I can’t stand Dorit, I do think she is fake AF, but on this I give her a pass. There are tons of stories like hers and I find it offensive to discount or downplay it with an eyeroll, even if it is because of Dorit. It diminishes what happened and what people actually went through. My grandparents and great grandparents included.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, princelina said:

Major fail on Mikey's part!!!

I think because Teddi and Kyle are all about their feelings - while Erika claims not to have any, and Dorit lies too much.  IMO.

Kyle said before the ride that she was willing to take some runny eyes to go riding - I don't think she realized what would happen to her.  When I was a child I got stung by a bee a few times and other than the sting nothing happened.  When I was in my 20s I brushed a bee away and he stung my pinkie finger - and my pinkie and ring finger and lower half of my hand swelled up and was stiff for about a week!  My friend's mom who was a nurse told me allergies could get more (or less) severe over time, and if I ever got stung again I should go to the emergency room.  I have chosen instead to avoid bees (as if I were Kyle!  LOL)  So I can see where she may not have realized how bad her allergy would affect her.  It certainly doesn't sound like anything she would have ever had an epipen for!

I noticed this last night when they were posing for the pictures!  But I thought it was due to her wanting to hide on the end/stand in profile to look narrower :)   Due to her former life as a fatty, of course!  Hee hee

I figured it was more because she's the newest cast member or cares the least about pecking order.  It probably means nothing at all and we read WAY too much into it, like most things.  Lol

• Love 5
17 hours ago, film noire said:

eta

@ghoulina, I thought all of it was riveting as well; Harry waiting outside the school every day (because Rinna was working? Or because Delilah wanted him, not her mother?) The doc saying it was brought on by strep, which sounded like such a Victorian diagnosis (even Dr Quinn had more medical knowledge than that -- "Sully, strep alone can't bring on anxiety like that. Something must have happened to our daughter at the schoolhouse today!")   I wondered if she'd been bullied and that was the genesis (and the strep just happened alongside that) or they know the initial cause of her life-long anxiety was something else, and Rinna (out of respect)  didn't give the real reason.

Believe it or not, there are some documented medical cases where children who were perfectly fine beforehand, developed severe cases of OCD following a bout of strep.  I don't know what the connection is but those poor little kids were really suffering.

• Love 4

I thought Ericka looked ridiculous at the dinner party channeling Marlena Deitrich. Girl bye. Sitting in a hotel room with all that makeup on, the lipstick was too harsh, and the pants made her look like she was carrying a load of poop. Not flattering at all. And I do find her to be a beautiful woman, when toned down.   I don't find it cute that she wastes her spouses money all on makeup, glam squad, shoes purses, high end clothes. Where is her forum for a charity. She could do so much, but prefers to be on a never ending ego trip. Its weird, she's getting old, and she needs to find a new shtick other than glam squads and writhing around stage with legs akimbo. 

Lisa Rhinna had the WORST raspberry shiny lipstick.  She needs to keep her fish lips undercover (if that's possible) in nudes only.  I have enjoyed her much more this season, but I took a pause as she outed her daughter's severe anxiety. Her daughter (regardless of questionable talent) is trying to make it in the modeling industry, and I found Lisa blabbing out her neurosis to be a gross violation of personal information. Not cool.

Loved Teddy taking control on the horses. She was calm and I believe helped quell a potentially dangerous situation. So nice to see  her in her element, and I enjoy her quiet beauty and no nonsense demeanor. 

Kyle drove me nuts on every level. Going for the horse outing when she knows she's allergic, then taking an allergy attack into a full blown panic attack, ruining the entire groups outing. Then once again crying to LVP about her not sticking up for her, wah wah wah. How many years do we have to put up with Kyle on LVP's nuts with the same needy argument? LVP was so polite as they sat on the bench, and you could tell she just wanted out. LVP's Chanel coat was adorable as were her red sunglasses.

Finally Dorito, please please go away Dorito. The fake accent, the ongoing pot stirring, the convenient lapses of memory, the stupid wigs.  Just fade into the distance.  As much a PK can be a bit icky, I actually think he is the better partner. Dorito clearly enjoys the nose candy, attention, conflict, and she thinks the show is a personal runway for her fashions and forum for her kevetching. Shut up girlfriend, we see right thru you, and its not cute. And you can't sing.

• Love 14
36 minutes ago, A-Lo said:

Believe it or not, there are some documented medical cases where children who were perfectly fine beforehand, developed severe cases of OCD following a bout of strep.  I don't know what the connection is but those poor little kids were really suffering.

PANDAS is an autoimmune response after a case of strep (similar to Sydenham's chorea).  It can cause a wide range of neuropsychiatric symptoms. It is a controversial diagnosis and not listed in the ICD or DSM

• Love 3
17 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Dorit needs to shut the fuck up AND go away.  Her butchery of anything approaching language and accent is the least of her offenses, but mangling the ordering a beer in German just chapped my ass.  Telling the ladies it is "Ken aysht un beir haben?" is as wrong as you are, Dorito.  (it is "kann ich ein Beir haben").

You're both more sophisticated than I am.  I was taught to simply say, "ein bier, bitte!"  (One bier, please!)  There were no issues with translation that I found, lol.

• Love 4
23 hours ago, byrd said:

Kyle cracked me up on the Pony Ride, she looked so funny like the child riding next to the grownups.

She looked like a hobbit riding next to humans. And did I hear Dorit say that Kyle was riding a “poony”?

Erika looked absurd holding her veil while she ate.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I roll my eyes whenever Dorit and/or Erika is wear some designer label t-shirt or hat. While I like plenty of designer clothes and accessories I tend to go for pieces that do not broadcast the designer. 

fixed that for you

43 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Right? Isn't the Haufbrauhaus in Munich the original one? According to their website the building is almost 500yrs old.

https://www.hofbraeuhaus.de/en/welcome.html

I think there might be one or two that are older than HB, but HB was the royal brewery and is the most well known world wide.  

On 4/3/2018 at 9:38 PM, TattleTeeny said:

Thought the same thing, though I thought she looked fab from the neck up. Shiny pants make everything look rounder! I'm just sad she didn't seize the opportunity to wear a St. Pauli Girl get-up, dammit!

I kinda dug them. I live in '70s (and '90s) platforms!

Like the beer hall, the St. Pauli outfit is more of a Bavarian thing.  Wearing a dirndl and going to a beer hall in Berlin is kind of like wearing a stetson, wranglers, and boots and going for BBQ in NYC because you're in the USA and all American culture must be the same.  So in other words, exactly what I'd expect from Erika as directed by Mikey :)

• Love 10
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, byrd said:

Kyle cracked me up on the Pony Ride, she looked so funny like the child riding next to the grownups.

She was scared, plain and simple.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Even antimistines marketed as nondrowsing or nonsedating cause drowsiness in varying degrees for some people, they even say that they cause "less" drowsyness not none. Not everyome has the same allergic reaction everytime and are often not severe enough to have an epipen, Kyle seemed to indicate that this was a harsher reaction than she typically has.

From what she said, it sounded like this horse allergy was fairly new. So it's possible Kyle just really had no clue she would react that badly. She thought she'd have to deal with a bit of watery eyes, and was fine with that. She didn't realize it would get to that point. She may not even be prescribed medication for it at this point. 

• Love 7
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 3:33 PM, film noire said:

eta

Strep infections are correlated with psychiatric conditions.

23 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Apparently it possibly really is a thing according to the one article I read after a single google search (so very extensive research has been done)

https://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/14/health/psychology/can-strep-bring-on-an-anxiety-disorder.html

It's a quick and interesting read.  

It is a real thing.

• Love 1

Like I said, I read the one article.   It appeared from that article that the diagnosis was controversial, maybe kind of like chronic lyme disease, so I didn't feel comfortable saying it was definitely a real thing without doing more research and I definitely didn't feel like doing more research.

• Love 4
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:37 PM, princelina said:

Yes - she totally started the shit at Erika's dinner - "I'm in a good place with you all . . not like NY . . ." and then she just lets it lie - I liked it better last week when she tried it with Rinna but Rinna refused to take the bait!

I believe to get a reaction - animal lovers and veal don't go together even when the veal is not raw.  Her palate is as sophisticated as her MOSCHINO t-shirt dresses.

I think Kyle accidentally gave the secret away - apparently they are all much more pleasant on beer and carbs than they are with wine and tiny salads and raw veal balls.  Who knew?

I said something similar to this, to my husband while watching (he doesn't watch, but was nearby enough for me to comment):  "Maybe if these ladies laid off the hard alcohol and wine, and stuck with beer, their gatherings would be more pleasant!"

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 4:37 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

If being  bitch was a paying job I'd be a millionaire and at the top of my field.

If you don't mind waiting for hours while her glam squad does her up like a baby prostitute or whatever other ridiculous look they are going for.

During the horse riding I found myself enjoying the show and thought "it'd be great if they always got along."  So then of course the fighting started.  I couldn't pay attention after that.  Rinna looked like shit at the dinner.  She shouldn't wear shiny red lipstick ever and the eye shadow color made her eyes look sunken in.  But at least she wasn't fighting over stupid bullshit like the rest of them.

She should have had a more neutral eye shadow, in general, if she was going for a bold lip... which I wish she hadn't gone for, because it was so distracting, and it looked plain awful. 

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:14 AM, Rosebud1970 said:

I bow to no one in my disdain for Dorit. I was watching closely when she was telling her family's story. There was the shaky voice and the quavering. And the wiping of eyes. But no tears.

My thoughts, exactly!  Moving story, but it seemed like she was totally faking the crying bit.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Oh good gravy so ERIKA ate veal ...so its ok to slaughter it and eat if its grown? because you know every animal you eat started off a baby. so does that Only apply to the cute animals? ... I fail to see the difference between eating a younger cow and a fully grown one, like do you think it gets some full life ala Charlotte's web  or something? what the what?

Thank you!  All respect, I just personally don't get the whole "I'll eat meat, but not a BABY cow!" thing.  I'm a huge animal lover--I have 5 little fur babies--but because it's a cuter, smaller version of a full-sized cow, it's not okay to eat?  I mean, I'm not going to go personally slaughter a baby cow, but put some veal on my plate, and I'll eat it-- I'm not going to ask for tomatoes instead.  YMMV.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:38 AM, esco1822 said:

Well I hope we're done with the whole "LVP doesn't apologize" line at this point since Kyle has gotten 3 apologies from her this season alone.  Kyle seems like an exhausting friend with serious mommy issues. 

Kyle has always half bugged me, but she has become truly insufferable, lately.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, esco1822 said:

Kyle actually fully encouraged Dorit to buy Erika the panties and thought it was hilarious.  Dorit is mad because of Kyle's "horror" only after Erika got upset and Kyle never copping to the fact that she was remotely complicit. I never understood how Erika let Kyle and Eileen off so easily after seeing how things really went down.  

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:19 PM, Jel said:

I don't remember it that way. I kind of remember Kyle "Haha yeah..ing" a little, but I also remember Kyle saying something like "I don't knowwww if that's such a good ideaaaa" But I don't know if she said that to Dorit or if she said it in a TH. If she only said it in a TH, and gave Dorit nothing but high-fiving YESSSS!-ness, then I agree that Kyle, at the very least, could have been more forthcoming with her advice.

And deny Kyle the opportunity to bust out her English accent yet again?! Surely, you jest, Byrd! ;)

Not to delve further into Pantygate--which has been rehashed more times than I care to count--but I distinctly remember Kyle saying/asking, in regards to the panties *with a laugh* "Can I please be there when you give them to her [Erika]??"

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:51 PM, AnnieHeights said:

I loved Erika's dramatic look at the dinner she hosted.  The pig tails.....not so much.  I have to admit, if I could afford it, it really would be fun playing with different looks all the time.  Doubt I would be as bold as she is though.

What I was trying to figure out, regarding the pigtails, is what in the world the deal was with the black barrettes on both sides of the back of her hair (on either side of her part).  Were they to make her look more childish, or could her glam squad not get their hands on some blonde bobby pins?  Hell, even if they were those same barrettes in white, it wouldn't have looked as silly.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:57 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Nanny Kay!  You are not LVP's true friend.

This was cute ^^  Thanks for the laugh!

• Love 3
On 4/4/2018 at 12:52 PM, gingerella said:

I cant tell if you're just being funny but anyone who rides knows that saying "ho" is a very common way to try to calm down ones horse. To me that felt like Rinna had ridden in the past because I've not ridden in years but I'd know instinctively to say that if my horse was getting out of hand on me. Mind you, the only two who seemed comfortable on horses were Teddi and LVP, and LVP always looks so fake on her horse, like she just barely rides. To be honest, I wouldn't take a group of people riding ever, too much can go wrong when people who dont know horses try to ride 'just for fun'. Oh, and Kyle looked ridiculous on that pony. She showed how short she is in real life, it was so odd looking.

I agree with Teddi telling her to sit back on her pockets but I was also surprised she didn't have her do a one rein stop.  I am a barrel racer and I despise when people use "ho" or "whoa" when going to turn a barrel. "Whoa" or "ho" means stop not slow down. I always use the word "easy" but you could use any word except one meaning stop! LOL LVP thought it was funny but I have seen some horrible wrecks on horses. In 2005, I was warming my horse up at a show(a barrel race to be specific) and there was supposed to be a CLOSED gate for each competitor when one woman asked the gate guy if he would leave it open because her horse would not stop at a closed gate. First big clue she shouldn't be competing on this horse! Well, he kept the gate open and she could not stop her horse and that huge paint horse t-boned me and my very well trained horse. She flew off of her horse and her forehead hit me in the base of my skull and I hit the ground, out like a light with a severe concussion. My horse took off and suffered a career ended neck injury.  I could have easily been killed that day had I been a small kid or an elderly lady(there are some very tough cowgirls in their 70's that still compete)and I have ridden and competed all my life.  Anyway, horses should be taken very seriously as they can easily killed or severely injure people.  We have many horses on our ranch and I only have one that I would trust with a non-rider, but even then I still am very watchful when they ride. 

I also agree with you that LVP does not sit a horse very well but Teddi rides verrry well.  You can also tell that Teddi was the experienced one in that she didn't lose her cool while giving LR instructions.  People have got to remain calm no matter how scary the situation can get with horses.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I thought Ericka looked ridiculous at the dinner party channeling Marlena Deitrich. Girl bye. Sitting in a hotel room with all that makeup on, the lipstick was too harsh, and the pants made her look like she was carrying a load of poop. Not flattering at all. And I do find her to be a beautiful woman, when toned down.   I don't find it cute that she wastes her spouses money all on makeup, glam squad, shoes purses, high end clothes. Where is her forum for a charity. She could do so much, but prefers to be on a never ending ego trip. Its weird, she's getting old, and she needs to find a new shtick other than glam squads and writhing around stage with legs akimbo. 

Sooo ditto to this! Also, I freakin love your handle! I have three myself! They are like potato chips, can't have just one! 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

From what she said, it sounded like this horse allergy was fairly new. So it's possible Kyle just really had no clue she would react that badly. She thought she'd have to deal with a bit of watery eyes, and was fine with that. She didn't realize it would get to that point. She may not even be prescribed medication for it at this point. 

Kyle's daughter has been taking horse back lessons for quite some time so I am thinking Kyle realized she was sensitive to horses.  A couple of issues I have with Kyle is this is the third time she has been without her Epi-pen.  They only work if they are available.  I think Kyle who suffers from anxiety is afraid of many things, heights, bugs, water craft, jumping in the water, and according to both Kyle and LVP she is a bit of a hypochondriac, in that a head cold is something far more serious.

4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Like I said, I read the one article.   It appeared from that article that the diagnosis was controversial, maybe kind of like chronic lyme disease, so I didn't feel comfortable saying it was definitely a real thing without doing more research and I definitely didn't feel like doing more research.

Whatever the cause of identified onset the Rinna kid suffers from anxiety attacks.  Just like Kyle, Kim, Brandi, Teddi and Eden.  The Hamlins as a family need to come to terms with her malady.  Now I am wondering what caused the anorexia in the other Hamlin.  It sounds like the family is going to have a lot to deal with regarding the daughters' issues.  They seem like committed parents and  have the resources to treat their daughters' issues.

• Love 4
On 4/3/2018 at 4:13 PM, nexxie said:

imo LVP is full of shit in general, not just here - she manipulates and plays with others, and gets nasty when they don’t perpetually kiss her ass.

I'm getting to that point with her too.  She's not happy unless she's picking on one of the others.  She positively thrills in whipping out the knife and jamming it in with a one-liner, and then finishing with a chuckle.  If the target is hurt or slaps back, she makes condescending remarks about British humour.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

Forgive me if this has already been said but EriKa has the most annoying laugh and then add in the voice, ugh!

EriCa's voice sounds like Bart Simpson. Perfect for her. She's just like a CARTOON character.

12 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Lisa Rhinna had the WORST raspberry shiny lipstick.  She needs to keep her fish lips undercover (if that's possible) in nudes only.  I have enjoyed her much more this season, but I took a pause as she outed her daughter's severe anxiety. Her daughter (regardless of questionable talent) is trying to make it in the modeling industry, and I found Lisa blabbing out her neurosis to be a gross violation of personal information. Not cool.

Loved Teddy taking control on the horses. She was calm and I believe helped quell a potentially dangerous situation. So nice to see  her in her element, and I enjoy her quiet beauty and no nonsense demeanor. 

Kyle drove me nuts on every level. Going for the horse outing when she knows she's allergic, then taking an allergy attack into a full blown panic attack, ruining the entire groups outing. Then once again crying to LVP about her not sticking up for her, wah wah wah. How many years do we have to put up with Kyle on LVP's nuts with the same needy argument? LVP was so polite as they sat on the bench, and you could tell she just wanted out. LVP's Chanel coat was adorable as were her red sunglasses.

Finally Dorito, please please go away Dorito. The fake accent, the ongoing pot stirring, the convenient lapses of memory, the stupid wigs.  Just fade into the distance.  As much a PK can be a bit icky, I actually think he is the better partner. Dorito clearly enjoys the nose candy, attention, conflict, and she thinks the show is a personal runway for her fashions and forum for her kevetching. Shut up girlfriend, we see right thru you, and its not cute. And you can't sing.

I agree with MOST of your comments, except that EriCa is a beautiful woman. I think she looks like a drag queen.

• Love 3

Well, on Kyle's allergies with horses.  It's kind of like allergies to cats and dogs.  YMMV.  It's all about the dander.  You may be fine with one animal that doesn't have a lot of dander.  Or you may have a bit of red eye, runny nose.  Exposure to high dander may make that allergy far worse.  If your exposure in the past was only a bit of a reaction...then you're not expecting a severe reaction because you haven't had 'that' in the past. 

We've seen that Kyle is highly allergic to bees.  IIRC she does have an epi pen for that.  Did she have it in Germany?  I don't know.  But....that's usually for someone who is suffering from inability to breathe.  Was that her reaction to the horse?  No.  It was a severe eye reaction...and then, for whatever reason, she had an anxiety attack.  Given her severe reaction with bee stings, if she knew that she was going to have that kind of reaction with the horse, she would have made sure she was more prepared.  I give her a pass.  For me it was a combination of having anxiety about riding a horse and having a more severe allergic reaction to the dander.  Just sayin....

• Love 2

EriCa's voice sounds like Bart Simpson.

Well, Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman...

She's just like a CARTOON character.

And an entertaining one, too.

if she knew that she was going to have that kind of reaction with the horse, she would have made sure she was more prepared. 

Well, they did know they were going horse riding...

• Love 5
On 4/4/2018 at 1:21 AM, ParadoxLost said:

I felt bad for thinking this during the show.  But I don't believe a word out of Dorit's mouth at this point. I thought that Dorit made it all up. 

On 4/4/2018 at 1:46 PM, SnarkAttack said:

Dorit's story could very well be true, but she created doubt by trying too hard to be dramatic.  

Oh thank you it's not just me, I watched the whole thing thinking no way this is true but realized I was more reacting to the way she was telling it, with the woeful but (non) crying arc peaking where she planned the pauses & for the dramatic eye dab at the end. WTH. Whether the story is true or not true about her family, Dorit is fake as shit in every way. 

• Love 12
On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, RHJunkie said:

I think Rinna learned the hard way that she did too much. All of the women bring the drama, that's what they're paid for and that's why they keep getting contract extensions but there are certain boundaries you don't cross without reprisal. After the Yolanda stuff, she tried her best to shift the focus away from the fact that she heard a rumour, she shared that rumour and then she began to dissect every conversation and interaction she had in a manner which allowed her to conveniently interpret those incidents as manipulation. Then the next season she intended to lay low but her big mouth got her in trouble yet again when Eden repeated information Rinna had said about Kim. I think because Rinna is such a big personality, if she allows herself to get involved in the drama, she can't help but go too far down the rabbit hole. We even saw it in the way she unnecessarily invested in doubling down on Kim. She could have left Kim alone and let Kim bury herself (for the umpteenth time) but she kept hacking away at it. I also think it took a while for Rinna to realize that while she saw herself as a truthseeker, her behaviour came across as someone who made excuses for their behaviour and relished drama and I don't think she actually enjoys having vendettas with the women for the sake of some screen time.  She's an all or nothing personality and she's choosing to go with 'nothing' to keep herself out of trouble and I don't think that's a bad idea. She's also gone through other personal changes so I imagine all of those fresh experiences provide a different kind of perspective...at least for now.

I for one am personally happy that she's taking a break from the drama. I really disliked her last two seasons. 

• Love 12

I'm in the minority, but I liked Erika's Marlene Dietrich look. Ridiculous? Of course, but I've just decided to embrace them. Same goes for her pink wig look in Japan. The only one she really risks embarrassing is herself, and the rest of us get to be entertained. Lisa's Herman Munster shoes, on the other hand. . . what was she thinking?!? She's about 40 years too old for those.

Speaking of embarrassing, I found this group really channeling some obnoxious American tendencies this episode. Can these bitches not learn to say even "danke" and "bitte"?  It's not that hard. I was in Germany for only a week when I was 16, and managed to pick up a few phrases. The coffee shop scene was cringe-worthy. Axel at department store at least made a decent commission, hopefully. Kyle yelling at people about her allergies, first pleading that someone there must have an allergy pill and then questioning the one the guy gave to her. Jeez. To quote Ramona Singer, "Take a Xanaaaaax!" I'm highly allergic to most animals, and never quite know when I'm going to encounter something that sets me off, so I take a Zyrtec every day, ESPECIALLY when I travel. Take it before I go to bed, lasts 24 hours. No need to worry about drowsiness. I normally like Kyle but her spoiled rich girl tendencies really seemed to come out this episode. You didn't prepare at all for this?

Honestly, that dinner scene fight just bored me and I tuned out. I'm over it, are we not all over it? I honestly can't keep track of what they're fighting about.

Of all the ladies, I'd have to say I'd want to travel with Erika the most. Her openness is refreshing, and I wish we'd see it more when she's in LA. She seems to relax a bit when she travels.

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, raiderred1 said:

I agree with Teddi telling her to sit back on her pockets but I was also surprised she didn't have her do a one rein stop.  I am a barrel racer and I despise when people use "ho" or "whoa" when going to turn a barrel. "Whoa" or "ho" means stop not slow down. I always use the word "easy" but you could use any word except one meaning stop! LOL LVP thought it was funny but I have seen some horrible wrecks on horses. In 2005, I was warming my horse up at a show(a barrel race to be specific) and there was supposed to be a CLOSED gate for each competitor when one woman asked the gate guy if he would leave it open because her horse would not stop at a closed gate. First big clue she shouldn't be competing on this horse! Well, he kept the gate open and she could not stop her horse and that huge paint horse t-boned me and my very well trained horse. She flew off of her horse and her forehead hit me in the base of my skull and I hit the ground, out like a light with a severe concussion. My horse took off and suffered a career ended neck injury.  I could have easily been killed that day had I been a small kid or an elderly lady(there are some very tough cowgirls in their 70's that still compete)and I have ridden and competed all my life.  Anyway, horses should be taken very seriously as they can easily killed or severely injure people.  We have many horses on our ranch and I only have one that I would trust with a non-rider, but even then I still am very watchful when they ride. 

I also agree with you that LVP does not sit a horse very well but Teddi rides verrry well.  You can also tell that Teddi was the experienced one in that she didn't lose her cool while giving LR instructions.  People have got to remain calm no matter how scary the situation can get with horses.

Having grown up showing English style, I would have no idea what a one rein stop is. I find the difference between English and Western riding very different and it feel totally out of my element just looking at Western tack! The way Teddi instructed Rinna was, to me, how any English rider would stop a mount, sit deep into the saddle and keep a firm rein. And not to beat a dead horse about horses but, LVP is such a poseur. I'd wager she doesn't even know how to pick a hoof, she swans into the stable, calling ahead for a stablehand to ready her mount, and she goes from her chauffeured car to her horse, the latte of which Is likely of the push button variety - completely calm, never balks or bucks, a completely 'made' horse that has been trained to do nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think LVP could handle a very spirited or sta not willed horse to be honest. Now Teddi? absofuckinglutely.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 5
(edited)

The horse review.... Ponies are notorious scoundrels.  When the pony pawed at Kyle even before they left it showed it's true colors, it wanted a treat,  or attention, or to move it was agitated before she got on. That pony needed a pack leader/confident individual. The pony had Kyles number as soon as she backed away from it pawing. Being the smallest does not always mean the quietest safest ride. Ponies are commonly cute hellions it's a bait and switch.

When Kyle's pony kicked at the spotted one Rinna was riding and Kyle and Rinna did not make an immediate correction all bets were off. Equines are herd animals and when they can see their rider is below them in the pecking order  (letting them get away with murder) the equine takes liberties because they know they are over their rider in the pack.  Well naughty ones anyway. It's a little like teenagers, and pups keep the boundaries strong !

I would bet a million dollars at the point in time when  Rinnas agitated pony (after being kicked at by Kyle's) "took off" they were almost back to the barn . Or on the way back . Horses go low speed away from the barn and pick up the pace on the way back.  Every time . After these bitches kicking at them and jabbing in the mouth all afternoon they had HAD IT. And knew they could get away with dragging their ladies back home. 

Teddi did 10000% the right thing to get it under control and calmly.  If Teddi had rushed up upon them on her horse ALL of the horses could have ran. She did the right thing.  

If that ever happens to you dear reader do what Teddi said. Feet out in front and lean back shorten up and see saw til they stop. If they are going backward though don't do that do the opposite give give give. And don't go riding on vacation! 

LVP has a very classical seat she has a great base she's clearly had good horses and instruction, and mileage riding in her younger years. She holds her reins very softly and correctly, she has good soft hands, head up, legs underneath her. She rides like a middle aged woman who now rides recreationally walking and trotting and an occasional canter . LVP has neither the need or desire to be on a performance horse or the ability like Teddi who can ride anything including young green horses. But you can't take away LVP has good classical basics and goes slow. 

Kyle is a cry baby. That was 10% allergy and 90% anxiety attack. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 23
(edited)
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

I'm in the minority, but I liked Erika's Marlene Dietrich look. Ridiculous? Of course, but I've just decided to embrace them. Same goes for her pink wig look in Japan. The only one she really risks embarrassing is herself, and the rest of us get to be entertained. Lisa's Herman Munster shoes, on the other hand. . . what was she thinking?!? She's about 40 years too old for those.

Speaking of embarrassing, I found this group really channeling some obnoxious American tendencies this episode. Can these bitches not learn to say even "danke" and "bitte"?  It's not that hard. I was in Germany for only a week when I was 16, and managed to pick up a few phrases. The coffee shop scene was cringe-worthy. Axel at department store at least made a decent commission, hopefully. Kyle yelling at people about her allergies, first pleading that someone there must have an allergy pill and then questioning the one the guy gave to her. Jeez. To quote Ramona Singer, "Take a Xanaaaaax!" I'm highly allergic to most animals, and never quite know when I'm going to encounter something that sets me off, so I take a Zyrtec every day, ESPECIALLY when I travel. Take it before I go to bed, lasts 24 hours. No need to worry about drowsiness. I normally like Kyle but her spoiled rich girl tendencies really seemed to come out this episode. You didn't prepare at all for this?

Honestly, that dinner scene fight just bored me and I tuned out. I'm over it, are we not all over it? I honestly can't keep track of what they're fighting about.

Of all the ladies, I'd have to say I'd want to travel with Erika the most. Her openness is refreshing, and I wish we'd see it more when she's in LA. She seems to relax a bit when she travels.

I appreciated the make up and thought it was a great costumy look.  I think she is a beautiful woman who occasionally has major anger issues or at least issues with exerting proper levels of anger at perceived slights/insults.  Her costumy style makes me wonder what her true style is or if she has one.  But she can afford it, she employs a number of people so not my concern.  I don't know what exactly she does for her skin but it seems like a really good canvas for different make up styles.  I have been obsessed with makeup and hair since I was a kid (and got my license to do it) so that is what I enjoy about seeing Erika.

edited to add Kyle stuff:  I thought it was highly irresponsible to be without allergy meds/epipen.  Her allergies are not news to her so why not be prepared?  She had a purse, she had advanced knowledge there would be horses (and bees I presume still fly around Germany) so her anxiety attack happening was stupid.  Had she taken control over her own personal maladies there wouldn't have been a panic attack and a search for meds.  I hope she isn't as irresponsible with her kids health/meds.

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

edited to add Kyle stuff:  I thought it was highly irresponsible to be without allergy meds/epipen.  Her allergies are not news to her so why not be prepared?  She had a purse, she had advanced knowledge there would be horses (and bees I presume still fly around Germany) so her anxiety attack happening was stupid.  Had she taken control over her own personal maladies there wouldn't have been a panic attack and a search for meds.  I hope she isn't as irresponsible with her kids health/meds.

Yep, and she could have tucked her meds and an epi pen into her designer belt bag/fanny pack while riding. We know she has one. How hard would that be? 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, candle96 said:

I'm in the minority, but I liked Erika's Marlene Dietrich look. Ridiculous? Of course, but I've just decided to embrace them. Same goes for her pink wig look in Japan.

13 minutes ago, BBHN said:

I'll join you at that table.

I’d love to join you at that table. *giggles*

• Love 7
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

Having grown up showing English style, I would have no idea what a one rein stop is. I find the difference between English and Western riding very different and it feel totally out of my element just looking at Western tack! The way Teddi instructed Rinna was, to me, how any English rider would stop a mount, sit deep into the saddle and keep a firm rein. And not to beat a dead horse about horses but, LVP is such a poseur. I'd wager she doesn't even know how to pick a hoof, she swans into the stable, calling ahead for a stablehand to ready her mount, and she goes from her chauffeured car to her horse, the latte of which Is likely of the push button variety - completely calm, never balks or bucks, a completely 'made' horse that has been trained to do nothing out of the ordinary. I don't think LVP could handle a very spirited or sta not willed horse to be honest. Now Teddi? absofuckinglutely.

Hehe, I feel the same way, too about English tack.  I do still spend a lot of time riding bareback or with a riding pad like Teddi gave LVP.  I like to use my legs and have a very soft mouth(soft, quiet hands) on my horses. I am NOT a typical barrel racer and I despise seeing someone yank and crank on a horse's face! Despise it!  I was at a show a few years ago and called out one of the richest spoiled brats for abusing her horse in the back after SHE hit a barrel due to her poor jockeying.  I don't give a shit if daddy is a big Oklahoma oilman!  I want to be, and want to see, a very quiet rider.

Spot on about Lisa V! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

The horse review.... Ponies are notorious scoundrels.  When the pony pawed at Kyle even before they left it showed it's true colors, it wanted a treat,  or attention, or to move it was agitated before she got on. That pony needed a pack leader/confident individual. The pony had Kyles number as soon as she backed away from it pawing. Being the smallest does not always mean the quietest safest ride. Ponies are commonly cute hellions it's a bait and switch.

When Kyle's pony kicked at the spotted one Rinna was riding and Kyle and Rinna did not make an immediate correction all bets were off. Equines are herd animals and when they can see their rider is below them in the pecking order  (letting them get away with murder) the equine takes liberties because they know they are over their rider in the pack.  Well naughty ones anyway. It's a little like teenagers, and pups keep the boundaries strong !

I would bet a million dollars at the point in time when  Rinnas agitated pony (after being kicked at by Kyle's) "took off" they were almost back to the barn . Or on the way back . Horses go low speed away from the barn and pick up the pace on the way back.  Every time . After these bitches kicking at them and jabbing in the mouth all afternoon they had HAD IT. And knew they could get away with dragging their ladies back home. 

Teddi did 10000% the right thing to get it under control and calmly.  If Teddi had rushed up upon them on her horse ALL of the horses could have ran. She did the right thing.  

If that ever happens to you dear reader do what Teddi said. Feet out in front and lean back shorten up and see saw til they stop. If they are going backward though don't do that do the opposite give give give. And don't go riding on vacation! 

LVP has a very classical seat she has a great base she's clearly had good horses and instruction, and mileage riding in her younger years. She holds her reins very softly and correctly, she has good soft hands, head up, legs underneath her. She rides like a middle aged woman who now rides recreationally walking and trotting and an occasional canter . LVP has neither the need or desire to be on a performance horse or the ability like Teddi who can ride anything including young green horses. But you can't take away LVP has good classical basics and goes slow. 

Kyle is a cry baby. That was 10% allergy and 90% anxiety attack. 

Yes, ponies can be hellions! And barn sour horses, oh yeah! Agree with all the horse knowledge and advice to non-horseys, but still don't think Lisa is that good. Yes, she has quiet hands but I don't think she is much of an athlete and therefor it shows in her riding.  I just turned 50 and I am not as gutsy as in my youth but I still work on my riding skills daily on 3 horses a day.  I currently have a mare that is quite a spooky girl but has so much potential to be a very nice barrel horse so I put up with her "hiccups" but I will correct when I detect a "fake" from her.  I leg everyone up on 1200 acres almost everyday(weather permitting) and I swear she knows when a tree has fallen and she reacts to it!  "OMG! Something is different on the trail!!!" LOL  

Alonzo, you know how track horses can be and that all the need to know is RUN. I have bought some QH's and TB's OTT and most would be harder to handle than 2 year olds getting their first rides. LOL

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, raiderred1 said:

Yes, ponies can be hellions! And barn sour horses, oh yeah! Agree with all the horse knowledge and advice to non-horseys, but still don't think Lisa is that good. Yes, she has quiet hands but I don't think she is much of an athlete and therefor it shows in her riding.  I just turned 50 and I am not as gutsy as in my youth but I still work on my riding skills daily on 3 horses a day.  I currently have a mare that is quite a spooky girl but has so much potential to be a very nice barrel horse so I put up with her "hiccups" but I will correct when I detect a "fake" from her.  I leg everyone up on 1200 acres almost everyday(weather permitting) and I swear she knows when a tree has fallen and she reacts to it!  "OMG! Something is different on the trail!!!" LOL  

Alonzo, you know how track horses can be and that all the need to know is RUN. I have bought some QH's and TB's OTT and most would be harder to handle than 2 year olds getting their first rides. LOL

Chiming in...I am still learning English and panic when I lean too far forward and the horse takes it as a cue to go faster, I am trying to get my confidence up to trail ride, (no jumping ever). 

While LVP may pull up to her barn with a horse all tacked up waiting for her she still has to talk the talk when she is riding, she looks like she knows what she is doing but it is not very sporting to wish a fellow cast mate's horse runs off/out of control...I know what happens when a horse returns to the barn riderless, it does not end well.

• Love 3