Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That's what I keep wondering.  She seems really conflicted.  She wants to be the lone conservative voice on mainstream TV but she also seems to still be a kid playing with Mommy's make up.  

I know a lot of what she's doing is to get attention but I can't help wondering if she really wanted, or expected the kind of attention she's getting right now.  Is any attention really better than no attention?

Hey, I have an idea for a new commercial!  The one with the mom with the migraine and the little girl asking if she's ok to play.

The difference is that Megzy would be the one dressed up in the gown and wig and awful makeup and carrying her scepter and the little girl is walking behind her holding the train of her gown. 

Yes?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

That's what I keep wondering.  She seems really conflicted.  She wants to be the lone conservative voice on mainstream TV but she also seems to still be a kid playing with Mommy's make up.  

I know a lot of what she's doing is to get attention but I can't help wondering if she really wanted, or expected the kind of attention she's getting right now.  Is any attention really better than no attention?

I think people overcomplicate her situation. 

Ultimately everything, up to and including her playing dress up, is about Meghan either dogwhistling or stirring.  At the end of the day she's like any other member of her tribe. The ridiculous makeup and selfies are done with an understanding that she can flip a switch at a moments notice and complain about people mocking her, attacking her, etc.   She lives in a world where being a twit and getting flack for it is just another opportunity. 

• Love 20

wow.  that's pretty brilliant. 

Especially this part:  

Feminist writer Barbara Smith was among the three women who coined the term identity politics and the original intent of the phrase was articulating black women's struggle at the nexus of race, gender and class oppression, but just like with hairstyles, Meghan, we've watched you twist it, braid it and lock it so it warps the presentation of your clumsy and ill-informed thoughts."

• Love 16

Good for Cross calling her out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Jon Oliver clapback this Sunday either. She set herself up for it by making more racist Asian American-specific comments only a day after giving a hollow apology for aiding the racism that's contributed to the rising hate crimes against Asian Americans.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Kromm said:

I think people overcomplicate her situation. 

Ultimately everything, up to and including her playing dress up, is about Meghan either dogwhistling or stirring.  At the end of the day she's like any other member of her tribe. The ridiculous makeup and selfies are done with an understanding that she can flip a switch at a moments notice and complain about people mocking her, attacking her, etc.   She lives in a world where being a twit and getting flack for it is just another opportunity. 

You can even look at it from the view from the forest instead of the trees. The View producers and the network decided many years ago that they could not sustain a show based on intelligent and funny and interesting hosts. They decided to go the Jerry Springer route to success and hired Hasslebeck a talentless, ignorant and angry host that would guarantee that each show would become a battlezone instead of a show that had lively debate with intelligent and funny hosts.

When Hasslebeck started to cost money with sponsors and lose viewers they dumped her. Somehow they decided to continue the battlezone theme with another talentless and ignorant person. Evenutally the battlezone will cost the network money and they will dump Megs and move on to the next host that will create the next battlezone. Rinse and repeat.

The joy I will have is knowing that McCain is not in on the joke.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Good for Cross calling her out. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Jon Oliver clapback this Sunday either. She set herself up for it by making more racist Asian American-specific comments only a day after giving a hollow apology for aiding the racism that's contributed to the rising hate crimes against Asian Americans.

Nope. John’s off for the next two weeks.

• Useful 3
14 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

Do we know if Tiffany posts/lurks on this board? 😉 She read our minds!!

The MyFather montage certainly seems here-ish, as well as mocking her infantile daily hair exchange. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 4

I don't know if this is the same MyFather montage (if so, Tiffany cribbed it from YouTube and edited down much further), but it's still hilarious:

Edited by Kromm
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Kromm said:

The MyFather montage certainly seems here-ish, as well as mocking her infantile daily hair exchange. 

Yeah, but these things are acknowledged and joked about lots of other places than here.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Thanks. That's a great video, calling Meghan out on her white privilege.

It's like suddenly the media is finally seeing Meghan the way we see her. Her brand isn't working anymore.  

• Love 22
16 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

It's like suddenly the media is finally seeing Meghan the way we see her. Her brand isn't working anymore.  

Or that they’ve gotten the clue she’s  not under the umbrella of “hands off/mustn’t criticize” as if she’s someone so speshial she should be excluded from everyone else because of whose spawn she is.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Or that they’ve gotten the clue she’s  not under the umbrella of “hands off/mustn’t criticize” as if she’s someone so speshial she should be excluded from everyone else because of whose spawn she is.

I think it's a combination of things but IMO the main reason is Meghan was may more in tune with the way things were working prior to Jan 20.   Her shtick was to pretend she represented "the rest of us" against the more liberal hosts.  That's falling really flat now and her being over the top critical of things going on in the US right now that she didn't care about at all a few months ago has not gone unnoticed.  She's not the lone conservative voice she's the hypocrite at the table and that is not going well for her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

While I am loathe to defend Meghan and her kooky hair, I think this is going overboard, that her hair fashions are (ironically) appropriating Black and Asian culture.  As inappropriate as her hair experiments are for a talk show host a white woman can braid her hair without it being an attempt to copy Black culture.  Obviously it's a symptom of her being locked in a house, unable to go out to bars where the kooky hair is more acceptable.  Poor Meghan has no better way to amuse herself than coming up with bizarre hair styles.  (Baby?  What baby?)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I no longer watch this show, but keep seeing things from MM....what is wrong with her? It’s difficult for me to believe that she is just trying to get attention or raise an eyebrow.....it’s like she’s unstable....mentally unwell....is this what she’s going for?

• Love 8
10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I no longer watch this show, but keep seeing things from MM....what is wrong with her? It’s difficult for me to believe that she is just trying to get attention or raise an eyebrow.....it’s like she’s unstable....mentally unwell....is this what she’s going for?

I think it is a simple as that.  Her myfather schtick was getting old since he has been gone for almost three years so she has to do something to keep herself relevant.  Only she isn't relevant and has never been relevant.  And I also think she is jealous of the attention her daughter is getting.  As a self proclaimed daddy's girl it would be such sweet karma if her daughter is daddy's girl who get's all her daddy's attention.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

She's gunning (snerk) for the reboot of Baby Jane

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, lookeyloo said:

Tiffany Cross on MSNBC this morning did a fabulous take-down of the Princess of Arizona.  I can't find a link to it.

LISTEN... I don't watch The View, I don't post in this forum, I don't follow anyone who watches The View or has ever commented on anything about it Meghan on any of my SM.  But Tiffany Cross' commentary video appeared EVERYWHERE on all my places this weekend with plenty of snaps!  It really is a masterful and precise analysis.  And the wordsmithery is *chef's kiss*  

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
On 3/27/2021 at 12:38 PM, lookeyloo said:

Tiffany Cross on MSNBC this morning did a fabulous take-down of the Princess of Arizona.  I can't find a link to it.

An interesting aside - Tiffany Cross, along with Sunny and five others, was one of the co-authors of the op-ed that appeared in The Washington Post in May of 2020 which encouraged then candidate Joe Biden to name a black woman as his running mate.  Sunny often refers to the piece on the show, as recently as last week if I recall correctly.  I would imagine Tiffany and Sunny have some sort of a relationship.  Wonder how this is playing out between MeAgain and Sunny.  I can only think it may put Sunny in an awkward position considering all the kissing up to MeAgain she has done this season.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

That Tiffany Cross piece is ALL kinds of A-W-E-S-O-M-E.  She nailed evvvvvvverything.  Put that on loop.  Ok one more comment, i am by no means any kind of doctor, just throwing it out there.....postpartum?  That affects so many woman in different ways.

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, ForumLou said:

postpartum?  That affects so many woman in different ways.

Perhaps. But it's not like Meghan didn't display most of the same qualities pre-partum (or even pre-pregnancy). They're just taking on a few new forms, like the obsession with selfies.  But the self-importance, the constant need for attention and affirmation, the frequent self contradiction and hypocracy... it's all classic MeAgain. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Perhaps. But it's not like Meghan didn't display most of the same qualities pre-partum (or even pre-pregnancy). They're just taking on a few new forms, like the obsession with selfies.  But the self-importance, the constant need for attention and affirmation, the frequent self contradiction and hypocracy... it's all classic MeAgain. 

Well, that's true

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I think Megan is lucky that her latest kerfuffle happened just before the show had a week off.  It will be interesting to see what she does on Monday.

She is too thin-skinned and will say something to play the victim without attacking her critics directly...

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Mrs Huffnagle said:

I think Megan is lucky that her latest kerfuffle happened just before the show had a week off.  It will be interesting to see what she does on Monday.

What did she kerfuff Mrs H? Would you mind repeating it?  We were preempted.  Thanks!  You know that saying 'curiousity killed the cat'?  Well call me 😾 then becz the curiosity is surely going to kill me.  I guess its just how much shit on the shit scale can one person take or believe.  I stay tuned in becz it makes me laugh so hard.

• LOL 2
(edited)

well, she is getting a bit of pushback from a post she made last month: 

http:// https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/status/1361126019718123521

Meghan McCain on Twitter: "Now that impeachment is done can DC stop having barbed wire fences and humvees around the capitol like this is a military base in Baghdad?" / Twitter

(sorry, my link function stopped working a few days ago) 

I don't think people are being "triggered", but pointing out that she disagreed with the need for added security, and has been proven wrong. 

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Useful 3
  • Love 13

No. She’s just upset because people are finally calling her out on her shit. For whatever reason, the met her spew her carp with impunity for five years, but with what happened in the last year, her name can’t be used as protection from valid criticism.

• Love 11