Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

What do you all think of someone like Jenny McCarthy? I didn’t watch The View when she was on, but I think she’s someone who’s opinionated and creates sparks without being mean or nasty. I think she lives in Illinois though. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan says "Dr. Fauci should be fired".  She takes off (or is suspended)  for 3 days. And during those 3 days, they discuss people who blame Dr Fauci. 

Who else wants Joy to invite Dr. Fauci to her lasagna dinner that Sara is so excited about? That would really raise the Princess' hackles!! 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

@Kromm, I second that emotion!!!

Sorry for the terrible suggestion. I meant to post this in The Talk forum regarding Sharon’s replacement, but I got my answer here. Lol 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

I've never heard of Meghan apologizing for anything.  This must be big if ABC pushed her to issue an apology.

5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I didn't realize she was as bad as all that. 

She was probably the worst person ever chosen to host.  Completely ill informed.  Meghan may be repugnant at times but she isn't stupid.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, maggiemae said:

Seems to me that MM has always said, as the one and only conservative on the show was to explain who R's really are.

This is true.  And she is showing exactly who Meghan McCain is.  She isn't sorry for what she said.  She is just sorry someone put it out there for everyone to see.  

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I've never heard of Meghan apologizing for anything.  This must be big if ABC pushed her to issue an apology.

I don't think ABC cares if the View audience hears Meghan's trash talk.  But when it becomes public then they care.  This could very easily become a boycott of View advertisers.   If she costs ABC money she will be dropped quicker than she can say but myfather.

• Love 19
11 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

What do you all think of someone like Jenny McCarthy? I didn’t watch The View when she was on, but I think she’s someone who’s opinionated and creates sparks without being mean or nasty. I think she lives in Illinois though. 

I had a snoot-full of her!!  Let her stay where she is!!

• Love 7

I had a relative that would post a selfie every single day. She is a little younger than Meghan.  Someone finally told her to stop because she looked ridiculous doing the same pose every day.  Someone needs to tell Meghan to stop.

• Love 13
46 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

I had a relative that would post a selfie every single day. She is a little younger than Meghan.  Someone finally told her to stop because she looked ridiculous doing the same pose every day.  Someone needs to tell Meghan to stop.

She's the Princess of Arizona who does what she wants when she wants. Her reply to someone telling her to stop would be to stomp her feet then say that she'll stop when she's good and ready.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

She was probably the worst person ever chosen to host.  Completely ill informed.  Meghan may be repugnant at times but she isn't stupid.

Worse than Elizabeth?!

Meghan does have a very pretty exterior so I'm not mad at her for taking selfies all the time, but it is weird that she posts them all the time. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jaded said:

Her reply to someone telling her to stop would be to stomp her feet then say that she'll stop when she's good and ready.

Or, no man wouldn’t be told that.....

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan does have a very pretty exterior so I'm not mad at her for taking selfies all the time, but it is weird that she posts them all the time. 

I have a cousin who posts selfies every single time she gets in her car - I have no idea why she thinks anyone needs to see an extreme close up of her as she embarks on a trip to the grocery store.  I don't know what motivates her, or MM to do this other than the need to be noticed and get thumbs up from people I guess.  But at least my cousin has a very limited audience.  With MM I have to wonder who's advising her on her social media presence.  Because I can't help thinking they should be fired.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Worse than Elizabeth?!

Meghan's pretty in a kind of bland way, where she looks good sometimes, bad others, and just ordinary most of the time. 

I've always assumed this is part of why she seems to hate Sara, who's a similar type lookswise, but who for most people is probably far prettier.  Even though (especially lately) Sara often has a real issue with someone dressing her ridiculously (where you can clearly see her full potential on The Chase, where she looks amazing). 

• Love 4
Just now, Kromm said:

Sara often has a real issue with someone dressing her ridiculously (where you can clearly see her full potential on The Chase, where she looks amazing). 

The other day Sarah looked like a headmistress of an old timey boarding school.

image.png.259c6755a6ca7aacaccc6e6570c1800e.png

• LOL 5
5 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Meghan's pretty in a kind of bland way, where she looks good sometimes, bad others, and just ordinary most of the time. 

I've always assumed this is part of why she seems to hate Sara, who's a similar type lookswise, but who for most people is probably far prettier.  Even though (especially lately) Sara often has a real issue with someone dressing her ridiculously (where you can clearly see her full potential on The Chase, where she looks amazing). 

Much as I can't stand her, I've always found Meghan beautiful. She's prettier when her makeup and hair are more toned down.  

FLFws328_400x400.jpeg

Unlike Meghan, Sara is a beautiful girl INSIDE AND OUT. 

• Love 10

I just hope that people like John Oliver keep her in their sights now and don't let her get away with her crap.  The co-hosts just don't go on the attack with her the way they should.  I don't mean screaming at her (although that would be nice sometimes I'll admit!!) but just pushing back at her more and not letting her get the last word.  But if they (or more likely the producers) won't let them do that if at least people like Oliver do I can happily live with that.

• Love 22
47 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

With MM I have to wonder who's advising her on her social media presence.  Because I can't help thinking they should be fired.

I think someone is advising her she needs more of a social media presence because she needs to get "her brand" out there.   I think she has given up on being a political pundit and now is going for being a celeb.  Much like her beloved Housewives.  Her time on the View is going to end at some point and what is she going to do after that?  Financially she probably set for life so she could do nothing but I think she craves the attention that comes with being famous so I think that is why she is trying to get noticed on social media.  With all the close ups I think she is angling for some sort of endorsement deal for make up or a skin care line or WTF knows but there is definitely a reason since returning to the View she is posting them every single day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bannana said:

Shocked Oh My God GIF

Lol. I knew someone would react to that. I may not like Meghan but I don’t think she’s stupid. 

1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Worse than Elizabeth?!

Jenny McCarthy was worse than Elisabeth, worse than Sherry, worse than Debbie, worse than Meghan. She added nothing to the show. She was a seat warmer. I won’t say any more since she is off topic.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I may not like Meghan but I don’t think she’s stupid. 

It may be semantics  😉 but I think she is stupid. She contradicts herself constantly. And she could present herself as a likeable person but goes out of her way to be a bitch, then pouts when she gets called out. 

• Love 15

Man, I had to go back to working at the office a few weeks ago and I’m constantly playing catch-up with the drama via this thread.

Meghan’s apologies mean jack shit to me, sorry not sorry. 🤷🏽‍♀️

• Love 11

IS Meghan getting fired?   She asks, rhetorically, i assume, "does this mean one of us should be leaving because there's not enough representation?"  

Maybe she's been warned about some of the crap she's been spewing.  And now she wants to plant the idea that IF she gets fired, it will be because of "identity politics" and she will be pushed out, not because she's an insufferable moron, but to fill some racial quota. 

The VIew hosts DO NOT have to represent different groups,  they are not passing legislation, they have no power.  

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Maybe she's been warned about some of the crap she's been spewing.  And now she wants to plant the idea that IF she gets fired, it will be because of "identity politics" and she will be pushed out, not because she's an insufferable moron, but to fill some racial quota. 

I would believe this 100%. Meghan is laying the groundwork for being once again a victim of cancel culture or identity politics or whatever she can say instead of admitting she fucked up.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Waiting for today's selfie proudly posed with her AR-15s behind her

Let's remember that up until the time he last ran for office, John Mccain aka "MyFather", accepted more money from the NRA than any other politician in history to that point (others have since topped it).... So... Let's just say a lot of Meagan's fancy lifestyle was paid for by guns. 

Oh, here's this dude railing at Meggy about the thoughtlessness of her stance... 

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

IS Meghan getting fired?   She asks, rhetorically, i assume, "does this mean one of us should be leaving because there's not enough representation?"  

The VIew hosts DO NOT have to represent different groups,  they are not passing legislation, they have no power.  

Just went on lunch break and saw the clip, knew she’d be trending and this is the very first thing that came to my mind (or something like that) - it’s like she is purposely trying at this point to see what it’ll take for ABC to “cancel” her so that she can go on a ThE LiBrUL MeDiA cAnCeLLeD mE tOo whinefest tour on all her tribe’s favorite networks and programs.

Idk something just isn’t sitting right with me and I don’t trust her, but maybe I’m completely off base here. We’ll see.

Edited by GoldenGirl90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

dk something just isn’t sitting right with me and I don’t trust her, but maybe I’m completely off base here. We’ll see.

I feel the same way.  Either she's smart enough (or being guided by someone smart enough) to be looking ahead and moving towards something better for her than being on The View or else she's really just as stupid and immature as she seems to be.  It will be interesting to see which way this plays.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, GoldenGirl90 said:

like she is purposely trying at this point to see what it’ll take for ABC to “cancel” her

I call that "the Piers Morgan". 

Being "cancelled" (even though Piers technically quit, he SELLS it as having been cancelled) is the new strategy for that world of people.  It becomes their brand. 

They force action, even just the appearance of it, then spark a Conservative media bidding war for them. 

Of course Meghan could be doing this and overestimating her value to these outlets.  Piers already HAD offers when he quit. Princess may not be as smart. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I feel the same way.  Either she's smart enough (or being guided by someone smart enough) to be looking ahead and moving towards something better for her than being on The View or else she's really just as stupid and immature as she seems to be.  It will be interesting to see which way this plays.

But where is going to be better than the View?  She was already at Fox and she didn't make a big enough splash to be asked to stick around.  She is never going to have the exposure she has now on a network daytime talk show.  I don't doubt someone is telling her she can break out and be blah blah blah but I don't see it realistically  happening.  She isn't a likable person.  And it's not even that she is someone people can love to hate. She is just so awful in so many ways.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

But where is going to be better than the View?  She was already at Fox and she didn't make a big enough splash to be asked to stick around.  She is never going to have the exposure she has now on a network daytime talk show.  I don't doubt someone is telling her she can break out and be blah blah blah but I don't see it realistically  happening.  She isn't a likable person.  And it's not even that she is someone people can love to hate. She is just so awful in so many ways.

Exposure isn't always the goal. Sometimes a big fat paycheck is enough. 

It's not like endorsements are a big part of that world anymore. They don't get commercials or ads where they hold up a Pepsi in a print ad. Once you HAVE the name recognition, as Princess does, I can imagine taking a big check from OANN or Newsmax, and fronting a show there. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

That photo from today does not come close to how awful her hair and makeup looked on the show.  The glitter on her eyes was more like what you would see on a drag show than morning tv.  

I also think that the word "conservative"  is a strange way to describe herself, because her over-the-top appearance is the opposite of what I always think of as "conservative."   

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I get so tired of Meghan using Maya Angelou's words about having children "walking around with your heart outside your body" and acting as if she coined them. So tired. And when they keep using the word "gush" in that article, it reminds me of that period commercial about gushing. I guess this her PR people trying to soften her jagged edges to the public. Not working.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/td_0/always-what-the-gush-moments

Also-this "No crying in baseball" shit. I have SEEN with my own eyes her crying whilst playing this thing she calls "baseball". She just says things that bear no resemblence to the truth.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11

And then over at D-Listed:

https://dlisted.com/2021/03/24/meghan-mccain-is-worried-that-an-unqualified-minority-might-come-for-her-job/

Intro paragraph:

'Another day, another attempt by Meghan McCain’s hair and makeup team to make a laughing stock of her and derail her career. But in case you didn’t know, Meghan’s dad was John McCain, and as such, she is invincible and more than capable of doing both on her own. Her daddy didn’t raise no chump! But he did raise a white woman who is afraid that underqualified minorities might be coming for her job. You know, like Asian Americans whose dads weren’t John McCain.'

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Gee, what a get!  DailyMailTV?  What an honour! 

'First of all, I'm so happy to see you, Thomas,' Meghan quipped. 'You know, the last time I saw you before the pandemic I was very drunk at your wedding and I obviously haven't been drunk at a wedding in a really long time. So motherhood has changed everything.'

1436637472_KRISTENRITTER.gif.82d77bcf59c35dfc78b5e8e3ad114b6b.gif

• LOL 11
  • Love 2