Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

Just now, WinnieWinkle said:

36 and talking about getting very drunk at weddings.  What a role model she's going to be for her daughter.

I wonder if little Liberty Bell 🗽 is going to be shooting at squirrels before she can walk, too. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Ok I've been meaning to ask - is The View airing in the UK?  Because I've noticed a few articles about it and also about The Talk coming from the Daily Mail and I wondered if people in the UK know or care about the hosts of these shows.  I mean Sharon Osbourne I can understand, especally since she stepped in it big time because of Piers Morgan, but is McCain a known entity outside the US?

I don't think The View is aired in the U.K. but the Daily Mail does cover the show on their web site under their U.S. Entertainment News section.  I hang my head in shame admitting that I waste spend too much time there falling for their endless click-bait "stories." 

I just googled it to check and there is a show in the U.K. on the BBC called The View and it is a political analysis show.  Too funny.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 3/23/2021 at 2:26 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

She passed that bar a long time ago. At least with Elisabeth, everyone could be heard and there was back-and-forth.

A rapid word salad duel between MM and Hasselback would be entertaining in a horrific way.

• LOL 5
25 minutes ago, WinnieWinkle said:

Ok I've been meaning to ask - is The View airing in the UK?  Because I've noticed a few articles about it and also about The Talk coming from the Daily Mail and I wondered if people in the UK know or care about the hosts of these shows.  I mean Sharon Osbourne I can understand, especally since she stepped in it big time because of Piers Morgan, but is McCain a known entity outside the US?

There are two Daily Mails--the UK version and the USA version.  

UK:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

USA:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

eta:  I see from the post upthread that she was also in the UK version.  My bad.

Such an obvious attempt to distract from her recent bad press.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

IS Meghan getting fired?   She asks, rhetorically, i assume, "does this mean one of us should be leaving because there's not enough representation?"  

She was talking about companies/organizations hiring people based on identity politics instead of abilities.  But I can think of several Asian-Americans who are more qualified to do her job than MyFather's daughter. 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10

Megan McCain is getting roasted all over the internet.  Megan does not get that the so-called identity politics got her the right to vote.  She is so ignorant about Whiteness being a determinant factor in getting certain high power jobs in America and this is what white supremacy is all about.  What an ignorant fool! I would feel sorry for her if she was not such a nasty hateful human being..

• Love 16
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

IS Meghan getting fired?   She asks, rhetorically, i assume, "does this mean one of us should be leaving because there's not enough representation?"  

Maybe she's been warned about some of the crap she's been spewing.  And now she wants to plant the idea that IF she gets fired, it will be because of "identity politics" and she will be pushed out, not because she's an insufferable moron, but to fill some racial quota. 

The VIew hosts DO NOT have to represent different groups,  they are not passing legislation, they have no power.  

I want diversity in the panel, but legislation does not hinge on it. 

9 minutes ago, deirdra said:

In the pic Liberty is looking up and Meghan with mouth agape at the sight of the ridiculous braid on her head while wishing Cindy was her mommy.

I don’t doubt that Meghan and Liberty are bonded well, that Meghan enjoys her as much as she says, but that Meghan is not completely fulfilled by motherhood. That’s true of many women. 

I just defended this broad. 🤦‍♀️

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, WinnieWinkle said:

36 and talking about getting very drunk at weddings.  What a role model she's going to be for her daughter.

Talks about getting drunk at a wedding, as if it's something to be proud of, can't wait to get vaccinated so she can drink at a bar,  talks about solving marital problems with whiskey -  She does have a weird preoccupation with booze. 

Yeah, at 26, people might talk about getting drunk at a wedding.  At 36,  it might be something to be embarrassed about. 

• Love 19

MM was very interested in getting her hair (and hair ornaments) and glitter eye liner on today, probably took car time and an hour or more for sure for the grooming. Let alone the selfies and going home?

But she is all upset on twitter for Chrissy Twigen , bonding with a guy who got married and and she was drunk there...proudly.

Then goes on to post about her crocodile skin. I remember her running off stage crying like a baby. But she thinks she makes so many think even if they hate her and her opinions.

Always on twitter, etc. 

Poor Liberty. When does she get time with Mommy when MM is so pissed off and defending herself when Liberty is awake? MM is on twitter all the time. Except for photo ops with the Daily Mail and People. 

I really  love to hear about Sara's and Sunny's children and Joy's grandson. Just regular life (albeit - wealthy but real). Love, compassion, guiding them etc.

LOL - like Sara saying to AC we've got that elephant plush toy too!

• Love 6
On 3/23/2021 at 4:15 PM, bannana said:

It may be semantics  😉 but I think she is stupid. She contradicts herself constantly. And she could present herself as a likeable person but goes out of her way to be a bitch, then pouts when she gets called out. 

Imho she's the smartest of the dumbest. She reminds me of Ben Shapiro, especially lately with her speech. I think people like Meghan or Ben can come across as smart just because they do have knowledge of history and their jobs are to keep up with what's going on in the world. Many people also fall easily into believing anyone who speaks quickly and confidently knows what they're talking about. Now the way their brains interpret what they read and study leaves a lot to be desired.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Talks about getting drunk at a wedding, as if it's something to be proud of, can't wait to get vaccinated so she can drink at a bar,  talks about solving marital problems with whiskey -  She does have a weird preoccupation with booze. 

She can make any topic about drinking and getting drunk.  I was married to an alcoholic and he didn't even talk so much about booze.

14 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Gee, what a get!  DailyMailTV?  What an honour! 

She goes from being interviewed by the NY Times magazine to the Daily Mail.  I can see how the trajectory of her career is going.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Meg had a pierced Mohawk yesterday 😂 she’s gotta be trolling! But her constant selfies don’t really look like she does on the show. I played around with a few filters early on but haven’t seen all the ones they have today and I don’t have Instagram. Is there a filter that sharpens you up so much like that? Every feature looks sharper, larger and more angular. 

• Love 2

Meghan said today that she met her husband on twitter.  Then she talks about bullying on social media leading to depression and suicide. 

There is an irony to those two things being said in the same breath.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Barbara Smith, one of the foremothers of black feminist thought and one of the women who coined the term "identity politics" in the 1970s, tweeted at Meghan to provide her with some context about identity politics and let her know that she is using the term incorrectly. This is essentially the equivalent of God coming down from Heaven to let a Christian know that he's interpreting the Bible incorrectly. 

In response, Meghan blocked her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

'The View': Meghan McCain Has Thoughts About Chrissy Teigen's Twitter Exit That Are Mostly About… Meghan McCain

To say McCain frequently comes under fire on social media would be an understatement. The co-host usually trends during the show's airing for everything from her political views to her debates with her co-hosts to her choice of hairstyle. So it's not really surprising that she used her segment about Teigen's decision to talk about her own issues with being a prominent public figure on the social media platform.

they nailed her perfectly in this article.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Barbara Smith, one of the foremothers of black feminist thought and one of the women who coined the term "identity politics" in the 1970s, tweeted at Meghan to provide her with some context about identity politics and let her know that she is using the term incorrectly. This is essentially the equivalent of God coming down from Heaven to let a Christian know that he's interpreting the Bible incorrectly. 

Of course Meghan blocked her.  She could have had a thoughtful discussion with her but nope Meghan has to be childish and put her her fingers in her ears and say la la la la la.

• Love 16
13 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Of course Meghan blocked her.  She could have had a thoughtful discussion with her but nope Meghan has to be childish and put her her fingers in her ears and say la la la la la.

Crocodile skin. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Hey wait, wasn't MeAgain all proud of herself when Sara said today that she got good advice from her, to never block people, just mute them.

• Love 4

Meghan blocked Politico on Twitter yesterday so maybe that was why Sarah brought up Meghan's sage advice about muting. I choose to believe this and that the ladies are trolling Meghan. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Meghan blocked Politico on Twitter yesterday so maybe that was why Sarah brought up Meghan's sage advice about muting. I choose to believe this and that the ladies are trolling Meghan. 

I don't have the words. Except "this is brilliant"... 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

How I want them to troll Meghan - each day, when she  does her 15diferent points in one long run-on sentence without taking a breath,  whoopi should respond with "Cool.  what's your take, Sunny?"  

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
30 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah well, she is guilty of contributing to the toxicity. She ain’t no innocent party in this.

MTE. And I'm tired of Meghan saying it's all because she's a conservative. She's not the only conservative who does this either. You can't just be an asshole, be dismissive of hate crimes towards Asians and other people of color, prejudice towards LGBT, heartless towards immigrants, and then cry you're attacked because you're a conservative or people have something against Christian moms in America, as Meghan said not too long ago. In some ways people like Meghan and mainstream conservative can be more dangerous. Most people know better than to listen to a David Duke or Richard Spencer. Many people sadly do not see the problem with Meghan, Jeanine Pirro, Tucker Carlson, Ben Shapiro, the late Rush Limbaugh, etc. Nicole Wallace was a Republican on The View, and I don't recall her getting any of the negativity Meghan does. Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I wasn't watching as consistently then, but my recollection was she was a nice, polite intelligent woman, and most people respected her even if they didn't share her politics. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, WinnieWinkle said:

I don't know how to break it to Meghan and her fans but I don't think anyone actually hates her.  Appalled by her, astonished by her, amused at her,  yes, but hate?  Not really.

Nah. I hate her.

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah well, she is guilty of contributing to the toxicity. She ain’t no innocent party in this.

Her hypocrisy is one of her worst qualities.  It's a big reason why people continue to call her out.  And as mentioned on another post does she think people don't remember things she has said previously?

• Love 12

It kinda hard to listen to Meghan pretend to care about the people at the border. 

FYI, "part of your job is to listen to me" disrespect - they were talking about the border.

Edited by falltime
Added word
  • Love 6

I picture Meghan having an entire collection of blond braids in all different sizes.  And then each morning she and her hair/makeup person choose which  braid or braids suit her mood that day. 

But  how does her perception of herself as a political commentator/pundit/journalist fit with these frivolous, whimsical looks?  

• LOL 5
  • Love 7
On 3/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, ifionlyknew said:

I would believe this 100%. Meghan is laying the groundwork for being once again a victim of cancel culture or identity politics or whatever she can say instead of admitting she fucked up.

whatever it takes, whatever it takes

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

But  how does her perception of herself as a political commentator/pundit/journalist fit with these frivolous, whimsical looks?  

That's what I keep wondering.  She seems really conflicted.  She wants to be the lone conservative voice on mainstream TV but she also seems to still be a kid playing with Mommy's make up.  

I know a lot of what she's doing is to get attention but I can't help wondering if she really wanted, or expected the kind of attention she's getting right now.  Is any attention really better than no attention?

• Love 4