Type keyword(s) to search

Meghan McCain: "Both Sides" Wannabe Tough Chick

Jaded
Message added by helenamonster

You may only post about political topics as they relate to the current discussion on the show. Items from hosts' social media, speculation about their opinion on current political events, etc. are not allowed and will result in disciplinary measures.

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, falltime said:

giphy.gif

I remember that! I think perhaps Meghan was recovering from a late night of her favorite  things: whiskey, cigars, and guns. Emphasis on the whiskey.

Edited by tinkerbell
  • LOL 10

Oh wow.  Look at that pic above that Falltime posted.  Lets break it down:

Must have been a Friday.  Joy is moderating, Ana is there.  Abby is there looking happy.  Must have been before she was driven out to escape the insanity.  Look where Sunny is sitting.  Hmmm the third person to occupy that chair?  Sitting next to the belly of the beast lol. I wonder how theyll all sit when they can finally be back in studio.    Or she may never come back.  She may choose to remote for ever! Now that is newsworthy.  Look at GMA.  They are all back in studio, except Lara and am not sure if she ever will.  Getting back to the pic, it just gave me sensory overload.  Happy to see all together, familiarity, a pang for the good old days. And more. All wrapped up in a screen grab

• LOL 1

Twatty can just STFU about Newsom and others who held gatherings last summer, when her ASS did the same thing with friends at some bar without wearing masks.

Yes, Newsom, (mentioning him as he was on last week or was it the week before?) having that party, milestone or not, was WRONG and he copped to it. Move the fuck on. And ignores her own actions, defying and violating orders, and WHINING!WHINING! about Fauci and not being able to go out and get drunk.

I’ll be fully vaccinated and able to visit my fur-baby BEFORE she even gets her first shot-and that gives me SO MUCH JOY AND PLEASURE.

AB7A797D-1E8D-4C80-B354-A7E8CDD13B92.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Twatty can just STFU about Newsom and others who held gatherings last summer, when her ASS did the same thing with friends at some bar without wearing masks.

Yes, Newsom, (mentioning him as he was on last week or was it the week before?) having that party, milestone or not, was WRONG and he copped to it. Move the fuck on. And ignores her own actions, defying and violating orders, and WHINING!WHINING! about Fauci and not being able to go out and get drunk.

I’ll be fully vaccinated and able to visit my fur-baby BEFORE she even gets her first shot-and that gives me SO MUCH JOY AND PLEASURE.

I am pretty sure Meredith said she was a Fauci lover, just to piss off Me-Again. Meredith is vaccinated but understands that she still has to follow the restrictions.

My husband and I both have had our first vaccines and we are acting no differently than before. After the second vaccine, we will be able to breathe easier but still be cautious until we are further down the road.

• Love 19

John Oliver called out NutMeg on his show last night. He did a segment on how xenophobic rhetoric contributed to the anti-Asian violence that has been happening. He showed a clip of Meghan from the show from a couple of years ago where she was dismissing the idea that rhetoric would cause any violence. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ll be fully vaccinated and able to visit my fur-baby BEFORE she even gets her first shot-and that gives me SO MUCH JOY AND PLEASURE

I’m getting my first dose today — and she hasn’t even gotten one! Suck it, Meg!!!

tom brady mic drop GIF by Team Coco

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I saw a political cartoon this weekend that had Dr Fauci driving a car and up ahead there is a big banner that says, "BACK TO NORMAL" and the kids in the back are saying, "Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"  Why did this make me think of Meghan?

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
45 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

I’m getting my first dose today — and she hasn’t even gotten one! Suck it, Meg!!!

tom brady mic drop GIF by Team Coco

Welcome to our club.  I know I'm being petty but it feels good to have something that Meghan wants so badly and can't get.  NY state is opening eligibility up to people with comorbidities.  Is her weight considered a health risk?  And is she still legally a resident of NY state?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Last night John Oliver took a nice little swipe at Megan on his show Last Week Tonight.  I wonder if she'll comment on it. After all John did a terrible thing.... he used Megan's own words against her.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
28 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

Last night John Oliver took a nice little swipe at Megan on his show Last Week Tonight.  I wonder if she'll comment on it. After all John did a terrible thing.... he used Megan's own words against her.

Meghan hates when people do that.  It's almost like she is being told defend your own insinuations.  Or more accurately defend the garbage you spew.  

I predict she will not say one word about it.  Meghan would be wise to not get into a feud with someone who has a widely seen platform who can clap back at her.

Edited by ifionlyknew
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
44 minutes ago, Poohbear617 said:

https://ew.com/tv/john-oliver-meghan-mccain-anti-asian-violence/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_content=new&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=60589f640db46f0001666157

I kind of hope they do. She has to own up to saying one thing last year and acting the complete opposite this year. 

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 10
59 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

Meghan hates when people do that.  It's almost like she is being told defend your own insinuations.  Or more accurately defend the garbage you spew.  

I predict she will not say one word about it.  Meghan would be wise to not get into a feud with someone who has a widely seen platform who can clap back at her.

Yeah, the more I think about it, she won't.  She'd have to admit she said something wrong in the first place.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, mtlchick said:

This is a first!

"Meghan condemns the reprehensible violence and vitriol that has been targeted towards the Asian American community," McCain's representative told EW in a statement. "There is no doubt Donald Trump's racist rhetoric fueled many of these attacks and she apologizes for any past comments that aided that agenda."

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, bannana said:

This is a first!

"Meghan condemns the reprehensible violence and vitriol that has been targeted towards the Asian American community," McCain's representative told EW in a statement. "There is no doubt Donald Trump's racist rhetoric fueled many of these attacks and she apologizes for any past comments that aided that agenda."

Pfft. This isn't coming from her, but from her representative

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Angeleyes said:

I’m guessing that statement from Meghan’s rep is an attempt from ABC to keep The View from imploding the way The Talk currently is over Sharon Osborne. 

Yeah, because she doesn't have the courage to say it herself and be quoted that she said it, because she doesn't feel sorry. At all.

• Love 14
17 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yeah, because she doesn't have the courage to say it herself and be quoted that she said it, because she doesn't feel sorry. At all.

Yes.  But I wonder if she sees the public flogging that Sharon Osbourne is getting on The Talk and senses that maybe she is getting fearful of her own job.  So it is easier to have a "spokesperson" handle the PR.  This will enable her to have it both ways.

Edited by Kemper
spelling error
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Missy always jumps in her hidey-hole when she may be the subject of criticism on the show.  LOL.

Yes. 

Meghan says "Dr. Fauci should be fired".  She takes off (or is suspended)  for 3 days. And during those 3 days, they discuss people who blame Dr Fauci. 

Meghan says President Biden is locking up kids at the border - she's off for a day, (or more) while they discuss the border issue.  At the same time, violence against Asian-Americans is being connected to rhetoric that she participated in.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

MeAgain tweeted this an hour ago:

I condemn the reprehensible violence and vitriol that has been targeted towards the Asian-American community. There is no doubt Donald Trump’s racist rhetoric fueled many of these attacks and I apologize for any past comments that aided that agenda.

Sure Jan GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Yes.  But I wonder if she sees the public flogging that Sharon Osbourne is getting on The Talk and senses that maybe she is getting fearful of her own job.  So it is easier to have a "spokesperson" handle the PR.  This will enable her to have it both ways.

No way. She believes the fact that her Sire is enough to keep her on the show. 

And lookiiieeee. Now she tweeted the exact same thing.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No way. She believes the fact that her Sire is enough to keep her on the show. 

And lookiiieeee. Now she tweeted the exact same thing.

And what is weird is she retweeted the EW article that highlights John Oliver calling her out!

• LOL 6

A couple things have happened since Meghan returned from maternity leave. One was two of her biggest supporters at ABC are no longer there. And two a different administration took over in DC.  There is a different feeling now and Meghan's obnoxious hyper partisanship is IMO going to become less tolerated at the network.   TV personalities bigger than her have had their gigs taken away from them for saying irresponsible and untrue things.  

Let's all remember what happened back in 2013. ABC did some focus groups and found out Elisabeth Hasselbeck's political rhetoric was a huge turn off for viewers.  They got rid of her. They also for some stupid reason thought they had to get rid of Joy too.  ABC you better not do that again.  

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

There is a different feeling now and Meghan's obnoxious hyper partisanship is IMO going to become less tolerated at the network. 

I had the impression - a fleeting one - that when she first came back from maternity leave she was ready to leave the over the top "MY TEAM" attitude behind.  I don't know why but she seems to have deliberately chosen, if anything, to doubledown on it and come off looking really, really bad.  Miscalculation perhaps that instead of coming off like the voice for the conservatives she's coming off like the voice of the loon?

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 9

Meghan said once the worst thing someone could call her is racist, but she never learns nor tries to be an antiracist. I give her benefit of the doubt she never would have dreamed "China virus" would contribute to hate crimes against the Asian community. However, Asians at the time were saying, hey this is hurtful to us. We're already nervous about the racist assholes out there blaming us for something we had zero to do with, and the rhetoric out there is not helping. 

Did she ever apologize for what she said about Colin K? I don't think so. What she's been consistent with for many years is caring more about her party and patriotism than the pain and suffering of human beings. 

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Meghan said once the worst thing someone could call her is racist, but she never learns nor tries to be an antiracist. I give her benefit of the doubt she never would have dreamed "China virus" would contribute to hate crimes against the Asian community. However, Asians at the time were saying, hey this is hurtful to us. We're already nervous about the racist assholes out there blaming us for something we had zero to do with, and the rhetoric out there is not helping. 

She didn't care if it was hurtful or was going to cause violence against Asians. She said at the time she didn't care what Trump called the virus.  She even said it was an effective political maneuver.  

9 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Did she ever apologize for what she said about Colin K? I don't think so. What she's been consistent with for many years is caring more about her party and patriotism than the pain and suffering of human beings. 

She will never apologize to Colin K. Even though she was told numerous times Colin was kneeling to draw attention to the police violence against black and brown people she still stubbornly proclaimed he was disrespecting the flag. She knew the truth but once again she thought it was a good political maneuver.

Case in point concerning the bold type, the border.  She was so over what was happening at the border until Biden took office. Now it's a humanitarian crisis for  her. 

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, ifionlyknew said:

She didn't care if it was hurtful or was going to cause violence against Asians. She said at the time she didn't care what Trump called the virus.  She even said it was an effective political maneuver.  

She will never apologize to Colin K. Even though she was told numerous times Colin was kneeling to draw attention to the police violence against black and brown people she still stubbornly proclaimed he was disrespecting the flag. She knew the truth but once again she thought it was a good political maneuver.

Case in point concerning the bold type, the border.  She was so over what was happening at the border until Biden took office. Now it's a humanitarian crisis for  her. 

What's so crazy is Meghan has a dark-complected sister from Bangladesh. You'd think having a loved one like her would make her more empathetic toward immigrants and all people of color. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Kemper said:

I doubt Meg is worried but maybe ABC News doesn’t want this to explode the way it did on The Talk. It would be easy for social media to draw parallels. Better to have her take a day or two off and let things cool down. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

I doubt Meg is worried but maybe ABC News doesn’t want this to explode the way it did on The Talk. It would be easy for social media to draw parallels. Better to have her take a day or two off and let things cool down. 

Yes, I hope the media does end up drawing parallels between them. That's the main reason I don't think The View can honestly talk about, much less mock, the situation at their rival series, because there's a much worse one at The View these days. The network has given McCain continual leniency to treat everyone in front of and behind the camera like shit the same way CBS enabled Osbourne for years.

For what it's worth, McCain is much worse than Osbourne, who at least was clever in the way she would play her games. We know at least one person has gone to human resources at ABC's The View over toxic work environment for the way they've allowed McCain to behave without repercussions (Abby), whereas I doubt anyone had targeted Sharon directly on The Talk that way even if many of them didn't like her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I just read article that did draw parallels between Meghan and Sharon Osbourne.  Meghan knows exactly what she is doing.   The more obnoxious she is the more media attention she gets. The question is how much negative attention is ABC willing to tolerate?

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

John Oliver called out NutMeg on his show last night. He did a segment on how xenophobic rhetoric contributed to the anti-Asian violence that has been happening. He showed a clip of Meghan from the show from a couple of years ago where she was dismissing the idea that rhetoric would cause any violence. 

Here's the video, conveniently as an embed, or at least the part Entertainment Tonight (well, the Canadian version) highlighted:

Edited by Kromm
  • Useful 4
  • Love 9

MeAgain’s publicist more than earned his/her keep today. Let’s face it, we all know there is no way in hell she would have ever issued an apology for her past comments regarding Covid.  Her usual MO is to lash out at anyone who dares to call her out for her comments regardless of the topic. Interesting there weren’t any tweets from Brilliant Ben attacking John Oliver like he attacked Seth Meyers after she appeared on his show.  I think they are in crisis mode today attempting to clean up the shit she stepped in. I’m hoping ABC is getting tired of the type of attention she’s drawing to the show at this point in time. She’s ten times worse and much more dangerous than Sharon Osbourne and hopefully the PTB are coming to that realization. We shall see. 

• Love 14

I am thrilled that John Oliver called her out. It has always pissed me off that she can say the most egregious things, and nobody cares. I figured it was because everyone else in the media just knows she is an idiot, so why comment? But she does have followers and so when she puts dreck out there, people believe it. 

And it annoys me that she is now saying that it is clear that Trump's racist rhetoric fueled the attacks! She would never ever say that and so she must have been forced to say these words.

Here's an article that discusses Sharon O, Piers and Me-Again.

https://www.flare.com/celebrity/sharon-osbourne-fired-the-talk/

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Interesting there weren’t any tweets from Brilliant Ben attacking John Oliver like he attacked Seth Meyers after she appeared on his show.

I wish Ben would try to go after John. It'd be hilarious.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
52 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I am guessing today's absence is 100% related to the John Oliver clip and Meghan is feeling utterly embarrassed. Good.

No, I think that was a huge part of it, though.  the other part was her comments about migrant children at the border, and that the guest today was not going to let her get away with the "both sides"  stuff. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

I just saw the john oliver clip and I recognized her clothes right away. The first word that came to my mind was "effective." She had a gleeful face while she told Whoopi that Trump's messaging was effective. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

I’m hoping ABC is getting tired of the type of attention she’s drawing to the show at this point in time. She’s ten times worse and much more dangerous than Sharon Osbourne and hopefully the PTB are coming to that realization. We shall see. 

I think The Princess of Arizona is becoming/has become? a liability for the network.  I would not be surprised if the ABC legal and PR teams are working on an "exit strategy" so Meghan can "move on to greener pastures".

1 hour ago, septicptx0104 said:
3 hours ago, Badbea99 said:

Interesting there weren’t any tweets from Brilliant Ben attacking John Oliver like he attacked Seth Meyers after she appeared on his show.

I wish Ben would try to go after John. It'd be hilarious.

If Ben does go after Last Week Tonight he will be on the receiving end of an epic verbal beat down buy John Oliver.  

• Love 19

Seems to me that MM has always said, as the one and only conservative on the show was to explain who R's really are.

Guess that is true and she has....we'll see tomorrow if she is not still suspended with pay.

• Love 6