Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

Morocco will not take her as a permanent resident. She needs job skills and the ability to speak Arabic or French. She is working as a barista  and even if it were a high demand field there would be more than enough locals to fill the position. As usual her words are full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Please Robbalee and co CALL HER BLUFF!!!!

It's true, if Nicole had a skill or an advanced degree it would be easier for the Moroccan government to allow her to become a citizen, as a barista, (I am amazed by that crazy coffee machine in Starbucks) while it is a skill how do you pay the rent and support a family on that income here or in Morocco (Mrocco as Nicole says).

May would not have the same opportunities there as she does in the US, I would hope Nicole would recognize that before she packed her bags and moved.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

And I get to work with kids whose parents can't say no either and it is a joy ride!!!  LOL!  

She has always struck me as a lower IQ gal but not developmentally delayed.  A person who is not college material but can go to a trade school (beauty school, be a vet tech, something like that) but not a powerhouse career.  But she will be unable to do that as she is lazy.  (I am not picking on hairstylists, I considered it heavily back in the day.  I still wish I had followed through!)  She can focus when it is about HER (her love of Azan's ab's seems to be motivating!) but other things, for the long term?  Nope, not interested.  May is three now?  Have you thought about preschools, Nicole?  No?  What a shocker.

I wouldn't trust Nicole to put a thermometer up my dog's ass and I definitely wouldn't like to see her coming toward my head with scissors. 

That said, I don't think her family should be throwing her under on tv. And before everybody gets all, "SHE CHOSE TO BE ON TV SO SHE DESERVES IT," would anybody here really talk so much shit about your child on tv when they beg you not to? I've had my fair share of issues with my kid but I would never gang up on her on national television or talk about her to tabloids, write a book, etc. Robalee is Nicole's mother. She should protect her and deal with their issues privately. Not try to publicly humiliate her. If this is how Nicole was raised, under constant scrutiny from the person who is supposed to love her the most, no wonder she's delayed and making poor choices. Her mom probably talked shit about her to the entire town over every poor choice she made. Wow. 

Little brother is annoying as hell. Ok, kid, we get it. You're the little Hercules of the family. They probably sit around the dinner table and chant and clap, "Hercules! Hercules!" while he shoves food in his face and then smugly tells Nicole how much better and smarter he is. This family kind of disgusts me with the disloyalty to Nicole, when they know she has issues. They aren't making things better.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Ki-in said:

There are no requirements legally but seriously, she doesn't speak the language and has zero marketable skills. Yes, many Moroccans speak English but their English is going to be at a higher level (reading, writing and verbalizing) than hers.

Auntie Azan was fine because she knew she was going home but no one wants a lazy fat ass, dumb as fuck freeloader who sleeps until 3pm , with a woefully ignored child, living with them indefinitely.  If they aren't married Azan won't be having sex with her and if they get married he won't either so there's no point for this moronic, perpetually horny, desperate for attention from anyone blob with zero impulse control to ever go back there.

Spot on! That's a pretty damn perfect description and I love you for coming up with it.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2017 at 10:00 PM, magemaud said:

Who the hell makes a big deal about their 28th birthday? It’s not like it’s some kind of milestone. 

I think the fact that he planned his wedding on his daughters birthday is a huge indicator or how no one else matters. David Ninja Turtle Penguin Batman Bitch only cares about himself.  He is a manipulator, a cheat and a mooch 

• Love 19
9 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I wouldn't trust Nicole to put a thermometer up my dog's ass and I definitely wouldn't like to see her coming toward my head with scissors. 

That said, I don't think her family should be throwing her under on tv. And before everybody gets all, "SHE CHOSE TO BE ON TV SO SHE DESERVES IT," would anybody here really talk so much shit about your child on tv when they beg you not to? I've had my fair share of issues with my kid but I would never gang up on her on national television or talk about her to tabloids, write a book, etc. Robalee is Nicole's mother. She should protect her and deal with their issues privately. Not try to publicly humiliate her. If this is how Nicole was raised, under constant scrutiny from the person who is supposed to love her the most, no wonder she's delayed and making poor choices. Her mom probably talked shit about her to the entire town over every poor choice she made. Wow. 

Little brother is annoying as hell. Ok, kid, we get it. You're the little Hercules of the family. They probably sit around the dinner table and chant and clap, "Hercules! Hercules!" while he shoves food in his face and then smugly tells Nicole how much better and smarter he is. This family kind of disgusts me with the disloyalty to Nicole, when they know she has issues. They aren't making things better.

I'd grab my dog and run like the wind if I saw her heading my way with a thermometer! As far as her family dissing her on TV, I get the feeling that they're all so sick of her tantrums and selfish choices they don't really give a rats ass about how she feels.  She's been awful to them, too and they're probably sick to death of it. May's well being is what they're worried about. If May wasn't in the picture, I don't think any of them would bother to say anything about her traipsing off to chase the latest love of her life. They'd probably help her pack!

• Love 2

I understand where some posters are coming from in regard to Robbalee, but I think she and the family are at their wits end.  I see it as Nicole behaving as she does with crazy schemes and manipulation and every time the family tries to tell her that there are pitfalls in her plans, she shuts her ears and doesn’t listen.  She’s like a kid with the fingers in their ears singing “La La La, I’m not listening!!”  Her mother may have wanted to out some of the details hoping that when Nicole heard that others see her behavior negatively, Nicole might act differently.  I don’t think it worked, but I think that might have been what she was trying. 

Personally, I don’t care for Robalee either.  She raised a tyrant of a daughter and I haven’t seen her voice concern for May sitting there plugged into electronic devices eating French fries all the time.  At this rate she’ll end up with May as a carbon copy of Nicole.  Azan showed more concern with May’s health over her eating habits than I’ve seen with the family.

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Normades said:

I understand where some posters are coming from in regard to Robbalee, but I think she and the family are at their wits end.  I see it as Nicole behaving as she does with crazy schemes and manipulation and every time the family tries to tell her that there are pitfalls in her plans, she shuts her ears and doesn’t listen.  She’s like a kid with the fingers in their ears singing “La La La, I’m not listening!!”  Her mother may have wanted to out some of the details hoping that when Nicole heard that others see her behavior negatively, Nicole might act differently.  I don’t think it worked, but I think that might have been what she was trying. 

Personally, I don’t care for Robalee either.  She raised a tyrant of a daughter and I haven’t seen her voice concern for May sitting there plugged into electronic devices eating French fries all the time.  At this rate she’ll end up with May as a carbon copy of Nicole.  Azan showed more concern with May’s health over her eating habits than I’ve seen with the family.

Bolding mine:  We only see so much but yes Azan did show more concern that her family.  Per Robalee - we are only hearing of two major times Nicole has done this:  Texas/father of baby man and Azan.  (Personally had I run off to another state at the age of 18 my parents.....yikes.  I know I would have been 18 but....yikes.)  Think of all the potential bonehead moves she has been making.  Speculation, yes but the evidence is certainly there.  

• Love 3

I am a little late to the party, but there can only be one reason that Louise didn't want to sit next to Molly at the Tell All and that is because although he is back together with Molly it is on the DL from a side piece in NJ and he didn't want to be seen on TV or filmed looking like he was back together with his wife.  He definitely has got another honey up north Molly, she is absolutely clueless. There is a lot of chatter about appearance/the clothes Molly wears- and that red tunic w/the bra showing was rather unfortunate the day of the big fight- but in general I think Molly is very stylish and pretty and she should be proud of her body and her success and attract a really nice guy and I hope she does.

The Luis/Molly marriage reveal was a juicy one I didn't see that one coming early on- I am only sad like this when a show ends for RHONY and BH and I am sad to see this show go. 

I hope dry shampoo was Andrrrrei's wedding registry. His greasy hair mashed onto his face is too much. I was prepared for these 2 to be the biggest train wreck and I am very pleasantly surprised that I think that they'll be OK, she is super super needy but I think Andrei is a stand up guy. 

Who wore it best? Evelyn's MOM. Not Evelyn. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, OhIgetit said:

I think the fact that he planned his wedding on his daughters birthday is a huge indicator or how no one else matters. David Ninja Turtle Penguin Batman Bitch only cares about himself.  He is a manipulator, a cheat and a mooch 

My guess is he didn't send her a card or gift either.  And his son said he blows off his birthdays.  The guy is a total loser.  But I saw a pic of him online in Hawaii with Annie.  For a guy who doesn't work or have any money he sure finds a way to go on expensive vacations.  I bet his kids have never been to Hawaii.

• Love 11
On 12/20/2017 at 10:45 AM, Normades said:

I also think her family needs to cut her off even though it will impact May negatively

Yep, but the way to not hurt May (too much) is for the family to give gift cards from local supermarkets and Walmart.  I have a nephew who is useless, former heroin user, but now has a baby.  OK, I'll send gifts for the baby at the appropriate times, but it won't be money.   This family could do the same. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Quof said:

Oh, hell, we all survived households without outlet covers.  It's not like she has a sharp object to stick in it.  You don't need a fork to eat French fries.

And some most likely did not, given outlet covers were created & are highly recommended safety precautions. They're cheap & easy to use, so why take a risk with a child's safety.

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Yep, but the way to not hurt May (too much) is for the family to give gift cards from local supermarkets and Walmart. 

I thought of that, too, until somebody upthread mentioned that Nicole could trade them for cash to send to Azan and I'll bet she's just sneaky enough to do that

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Ouch - I can see why that hurt.  Just think if the word "finally" was omitted.  Glad he is happy, not finally happy.

You are absolutely right, Mrs. Hanson, 2 different meanings! Even as a kid, I felt they were saying his life was so pathetic and miserable before marrying again.

magemaud said:

"I thought of that, too, until somebody upthread mentioned that Nicole could trade them for cash to send to Azan and I'll bet she's just sneaky enough to do that"

Yes! I saw a vending machine at the store the other day where you put in the gift card & it gave you back a voucher you turn into the cashier for the cash...minus a fee. Only other option would be  to purchase groceries...all fresh foods! Noticed on the "Very Special Nicole Special" when Nicole came back from Morocco the first time, she, mom and sister were eating lunch on the patio..mom and sister had carrots on their plates, Looked like Nicole had a plate of mashed potatoes and canned corn...she inhaled the mashed potatoes, left the corn...no carrots at all on her plate.

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

Yep, but the way to not hurt May (too much) is for the family to give gift cards from local supermarkets and Walmart.  I have a nephew who is useless, former heroin user, but now has a baby.  OK, I'll send gifts for the baby at the appropriate times, but it won't be money.   This family could do the same. 

That's a great idea. If she trades them for cash, you know she'll be calling her parents again claiming she lost them or something. In that case, if Nicole calls whining that May has outgrown her shoes and/or clothes and they don't have any food in the house, grandma can take May shopping for new things and some food. No more giving money or gift cards to Nicole so she can send it Azan or spend it all at Burger King. I wonder if Nicole would qualify for free or low cost schooling? She could certainly learn a trade of some sort and would probably qualify for free childcare for May while she was in school. That could be another bargaining tool for her parents. You stay in school, we'll help you a little until you finish and find work. But, the help won't be in the form of cash.

• Love 2

If you are so irresponsible that your mother has to have access to your checking account to make sure you don’t screw things up, then you are not actually an adult and you should not be getting married to anyone. Looking at you Nicole.

• Love 17
9 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I can't get over my feeling that Chris has something missing in his brain. He almost acts like he's had a head injury. Every response is delayed, and he starts out with a blank facial expression like he has to take a beat to decipher what's being asked. And what was the comment, "I like to give a hand UP, not a handout."  Straight out of a United Way commercial. Talking about how he funded David Poor so that "I could travel and do what I want to do"?  Does that make nonsense to anyone else?  I'm guessing he needed someone who had a lot of time (i.e., unemployed and no family to feel obligated to) to help him rack up hooker encounters in foreign countries?  I couldn't get over Nikki and her slouched over, arm-grabbing posture the entire time they were interviewed- and Chris' flat non-reaction to her constant barbs about his "best friend" and Chris himself.  It was all too weird.

I wondered about that myself. As they say, he ain't right.  His reasons for bankrolling a grown man made no sense whatsoever.

And, here's the thing about the traveling, etc. If he really doesn't have the wherewithal, now he has Nikki to take care of things for him.

If he is that clueless, how did he manage to amass all of that money in the first place? And, how is he running so many businesses? 

Either way his behavior is flat-out stupid. David Pour is not friend material. He's betrayed everybody who has ever been close to him. He's a poor choice.

And, Chris isn't helping the guy. He's making him worse. By throwing money at him, he's enabling him to sit around and drink himself into an early grave. He's enabling him to be a human leech instead of a man with a job and some dignity. You made that possible, Chris. You're not doing him a bit of good, so get that out of your mind. For whatever reason, you're attached to people-pleasing David, even if that means killing him slowly. That's the deal. If you really wanted to help David, you'd cut off all contact because for whatever reason, the moment you hear him murmuring in your ear, you open up your wallet.

Chris needs to decide if he wants to lose his wife and kids. Nikki said publicly that he was damaging their marriage. That's serious! If Chris doesn't cut the sea turtle lose, he's going to wind up spending next Christmas with David Pour, and visiting his children on December 26 because she will have full custody. All she has to do is show a judge a tape of how her husband became unnaturally attached to a slimy penguin and refused to let go.

• Love 4
On 12/20/2017 at 2:01 PM, Cherrio said:

It is, but I find David the sex hating quesadilla loving's voice the worst. It's like fingernails on a blackboard for me.

Does anyone watch “The Good Doctor”?  

His voice and his inflections sound so much like the main character, I can’t un-hear it. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

A person who is not college material but can go to a trade school (beauty school, be a vet tech, something like that)

Please raise your hand if you would like Nicole to be the person responsible for monitoring your pet under anesthesia, stitching up your pet, or drawing and administering precise doses of strong medications to your dog or cat? I think not...

• Love 7

Watching Nicole unpacking in her, uh "apartment," there did not seem to be a kitchen(ette), no wonder Nicole is going to fast food joints on the regular.   

Can you imagine if Azan actually did get the visa and they all lived in that room?  With May sleeping at the foot of the bed would be the only insurance that there would be no nookie.

I have not had the stomach to watch the Saga of Nicole and Azan yet.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

You and me both.  I watch Sister Wives too.  I can't resist these trainwreck shows and garbage people, they're like catnip to me even though they drive me crazy!  Although to be fair, 600lb Life isn't a complete hate-watch for me.  Some of them really turn their lives around and it's nice to see.  Then we have the others who make me scream at my tv :)

Ha! I mostly hate watch Whitney, 600lb life has had some folks I really felt for. I think there ere two twin girls on there that had an absolutely atrocious childhood. They were truly broken and worked so hard to lose the weight. Dr Now was quite pleased with their progress and I wish them the best. "Aw my legs" is trash. I can't watch sister wives for some reason, I just want to punch that smug ugly husband in the face.

• Love 3

My daughter lived in a converted motel one year during grad school. It was a single open room, but in the back by the bathroom there was a "kitchenette" so she could cook simple meals. 

But I came here to post this picture of the first of two major eye rolls by Nicole when Robbalee was asking her how she planned on supporting three people on her minimum wage salary:

Nicole.jpg

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

My daughter lived in a converted motel one year during grad school. It was a single open room, but in the back by the bathroom there was a "kitchenette" so she could cook simple meals. 

But I came here to post this picture of the first of two major eye rolls by Nicole when Robbalee was asking her how she planned on supporting three people on her minimum wage salary:

Nicole.jpg

I can't give you a like for that because I want to grab a baseball bat.

At what age do most brats quit the eye rolling? I'm thinking 12 or 13.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, magemaud said:

When Luis didn't sit next to Molly, I thought it might actually have something to do with him not wanting to sit next to Olivia because they obviously can't stand each other. 

He did say Olivia was sneaky.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Forum member said:

At what age do most brats quit the eye rolling? I'm thinking 12 or 13.

I am several decades past that and still happily bust out the eyeroll when I feel ots warranted.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Normades said:

Azan showed more concern with May’s health over her eating habits than I’ve seen with the family.

My two pennies: Azan wasn't remotely sincere with any of that. He only brought up May in order to pivot to Nicole, and her promise to lose weight for him, her laziness, and how he isn't very physically attracted to her. The health angle was just a front, I don't think he actually cares about her health, or May's. Ultimately, I don't really think he cares about her getting thin either -- probably doesn't think it's possible, and just wants a way to keep her self-esteem low so she's a more pliable mark. 

And even if he did have genuine worries over May, he didn't exactly stick the landing by calling Nicole lazy multiple times, including at least once in front of her kid. That's not remotely loving or supportive behavior, even if the intent is good (and I really, really doubt he has good intentions). It's disrespectful. It teaches May that her mother should be talked to like that, that women should tolerate that sort of behavior. The toxicity of their relationship is definitely running both ways, and it's no good for May either.

• Love 9

So inquiring minds want to know....where was Azan anyway?  At the gym?  Indulging in some goat's head?  On a date?  Seriously, it's one thing not to be on stage but to not even take her phone call?  That's cold.  

• Love 3

I watched the special because I was late to the party on this show and his annoyance with Nicole was almost immediate. The way she complained about the food and with the way she was pawing at him I can see why. She danced by the fire, with only her upper body moving, and she was out of breath, Oh My!

35 minutes ago, LisaWl7TR said:

He did say Olivia was sneaky.

He did say that and no follow up from the host. When Olivia goes to college Lius will be ecstatic, no one to interfere in him manipulating Molly and taking her cash.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, poeticlicensed said:

In FL, where she lives, preschool is free when a child reaches age 4. Hopefully she will have enough sense to take advantage. 

Another troubling thing about Nicole is her willingness to threaten to take May to live in Morocco. First off, I think those are empty threats, designed to get her way. May is a bargaining chip and Nicole knows all she needs to do is to deal the May card and  she gets what she wants. That said, of course she hasn't really thought about it, but would she really be willing to raise her daughter there. I had a student once whose dad worked in the oil industry so the family lived in the middle east. My student stayed with her parents until she was school aged, then they sent her back to the states to live with her grandparents and go to school, because educational opportunities for women are so limited there. Did Nicole ever think about the consequences to May of moving to an area where women are restricted from education? No? I didn't think so.  

Nicole’s smile when she told her mother she might go live in Morocco was chilling.  She knows the game and plays the Mae-card to get her way. 

• Love 12
12 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I'll see you all on the My 600 Pound Life forum! I watched Jazz for a season or two but her mother drives me right up the wall, so I can't go back. I love SYTTD for the snark factor. I just sit there wondering how these women can be so silly and vapid. And does anyone know any words other than "wow factor" or "bling".

Show Biz Moms and Dads! That forum on TWOP was LIFE. Big in Belgium! How I would love to see that show come back. And what are the Nutters up to these days?

I STILL HAVE MY: SHANE KLINGENSMITH BIG IN BELGIUM T-SHIRT!!!!! ... What was your screen name there? That was The. Best. TWOP. Forum. Ever!!!

• Love 3
10 hours ago, sasha206 said:
13 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love SYTTD for the snark factor. I just sit there wondering how these women can be so silly and vapid. And does anyone know any words other than "wow factor" or "bling".

I can't even believe the thousands of dollars these brides are willing to spend (or have their parents spend) on wedding dresses!  When I was a bride, I went to a discount bridal store and tried on some expensive dresses.  The ones with "bling."  The strapless numbers that so many women seem to want.  I ended up finding the most simple dress in the back of the store, tried it on and loved the look of it.  Turns out it was a debutante dress, but it was so simple and elegant that it looked so much better on me than the mermaid outfits, the blinged out ones.  And it was so comfortable to dance in!  Not to mention, super cheap.  Spending ridiculous amounts of money on a dress for one night is asinine unless you are made of money.

EXACTLY ... One thing I have to give 90DF credit for, not that the producers necessarily have say in it (though I suspect they must have say in everything) is so far (this is my first full season watching, admittedly) it doesn't seem like any of the brides, like them or not, have gone really over the top ridonkulous on their wedding dresses ... 

Whereas SYTTD just blows my mind. I wonder how they pick who will be featured. I think I may have mentioned this at some point in some thread but a relative of mine got married a few years ago and mentioned she had gotten her wedding dress at Kleinfeld's (and it was the same one featured in an episode so I know what it cost) and I asked her, half-jokingly, if I was going to see her on SYTTD and she said no, but they'd asked her to be on it. Now, I don't have any tea to spill on what her shopping trip was like (there was a time I could have gotten it but family communications have shifted), so I don't know if the cost for her was the same as the cost quoted on the episode where same dress was sold (to a celebrity). 

I DO know that even when Little Snappy gets married, a trip to Kleinfeld's is NOT in our future so no reality TV stardom for us. When I got married, I designed my dress and found a great teenage tailor in Queens to make it for me for $750. This was a few decades ago. My DD thinks $750 is a CRAZY figure for a wedding dress ... because she says she can't imagine spending more than $250 on whatever she wears for her wedding. I doubt she's bound for reality TV stardom LOL.

• Love 4

Ok, seriously. Am I the only one who recognizes no makeup Molly as a 40 year old visual clone of the puffy no eyebrow Amanda Portwood from the original “16 and Pregnant”? It can’t just be me!

And Ashley looks like her Dad in poorly done drag.

• Love 5

Okay, so I’m by no means a member of the David Pour Fan Club; but I actually felt badly for him when his daughter started causing a scene at his wedding. A wedding is not the time or the place to start acting rude and loud because you don’t feel that the wedding should be taking place. If you feel that strongly about it, don’t go! It’s really quite simple. If you make the choice to attend a wedding - regardless of whether or not you feel it’s a marriage that will last - you wish the bride and groom well and congratulate them. It’s not about you; it’s about the couple getting married.

It really bothered me when Molly called out Andrei (“There he goes, speaking for her.”). I really don’t think Molly is in any position to call out other women’s husbands as being bossy/controlling. Just sayin.’

Edited by amcfar
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

This was my thinking also.  I don't know why this isn't brought up by the parents when she holds the threat over them. You can't just take off and live in another country, especially a Muslim country with strict religious laws that must be obeyed. And Azan is not going to marry Nicole and live in Morocco.  What would he gain from that?  Especially as I have sense he might be gay... which would be his only reason for seeking to live in the US.

Also, if Azan does make it to the US is he going to live in that tiny "smelly" motel room with Nicole pawing at him every second?  His life in Morocco is paradise in comparison.   He'd really go through some hell for that magic green card.   Hope it's worth it.

The guy that does Real Housewives is much more mischievous than Shaun and gets them all worked up into a lather at the reunions.

I wondered the same about Azan and David Spain.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:
7 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

STILL HAVE MY: SHANE KLINGENSMITH BIG IN BELGIUM T-SHIRT!!!!! ... What was your screen name there? That was The. Best. TWOP. Forum. Ever!!!

I DO know that even when Little Snappy gets married, a trip to Kleinfeld's is NOT in our future so no reality TV stardom for us. When I got married, I designed my dress and found a great teenage tailor in Queens to make it for me for $750. This was a few decades ago. My DD thinks $750 is a CRAZY figure for a wedding dress ... because she says she can't imagine spending more than $250 on whatever she wears for her wedding. I doubt she's bound for reality TV stardom LOL.

SISTER!! My handle at TWOP was Pepper Mostly, same as here! I hung out in a number of forums at TWOP, but Showbiz Moms and Dads (and the followup, Sports Kids Moms and Dads) were my absolute favorites. Just the other day I said "Oh, he's big in Belgium" about someone, and of course I was giggling like a lunatic and no one got it. Its a lonely life. Snerk. 

When I got married (1987) I bought a white cotton peasant dress in Filene's Basement for $75. It wasn't a wedding dress, but it was white, a style I loved to wear, and was perfect for a casual outdoor wedding. I got shoes for $20, also in FB. I cannot imagine spending thousands on a wedding dress. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

My DD thinks $750 is a CRAZY figure for a wedding dress ... because she says she can't imagine spending more than $250 on whatever she wears for her wedding. I doubt she's bound for reality TV stardom LOL.

Actually I see a whole NEW reality type show -- Wedding on a budget.   Where people show how little you can spend on a wedding while still having a nice one.   With the economy set to crash, this is the wave of the future.

Topic:   If Robbalee is controlling Nicole's checkbook, she needs to really control it.   No more money for Azan.   She gets an allowance.   If she runs out of money before next allowance day, that;s life.    May can come to Grandma's to eat.    But I doubt that will happen.   They never set boundaries for Nicole and aren't about to start.   They talk a lot but they don't actually do anything.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I watched the special because I was late to the party on this show and his annoyance with Nicole was almost immediate. The way she complained about the food and with the way she was pawing at him I can see why. She danced by the fire, with only her upper body moving, and she was out of breath, Oh My!

He did say that and no follow up from the host. When Olivia goes to college Lius will be ecstatic, no one to interfere in him manipulating Molly and taking her cash.

Shaun Robinson is truly the worst.  All she does is act like every morsel that comes out of their mouths is shocking but rarely asks a good follow-up question.  If she doesn't ignore a nugget like that, she'll do this:   "Wowwwwwwww.  He just said you're a punk. Wowwwwwwww.  I mean woowwwwwwwww.   How do you feel about that?"  

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Actually I see a whole NEW reality type show -- Wedding on a budget.   Where people show how little you can spend on a wedding while still having a nice one.   With the economy set to crash, this is the wave of the future.

If you have Netflix, run, don't walk, to a show called "Cheapest Weddings"!! Its Australian, and I loved every single minute of it. Of course, I spent a fair amount of time yelling "just go to the courthouse and get married if you're so broke!" but most of the people were very likable and while the weddings were mostly not my taste, the people are happy with them and its fun to see the choices they make. 

• Love 7
On 12/21/2017 at 2:16 PM, Nowhere said:

As someone who inserts thermometers in both dog and cat asses on a daily basis, there's no way that Nicole would remotely be able to make it as a RVT.  Chemistry, microbiology and algebra are all part of the curriculum, not to mention the need to be both physically (I'd pay to see her trying to hoist a Great Dane on an exam table) and emotionally stable to interact/console an someone who's distraught after euthanizing their lifelong companion.  We've all seen how she handles any sort of stressors (although I've been to Starbucks when its busy - that would stress me out).  

It's unfortunate that Nicole can't direct her focus (and she is able to focus when its of benefit to Nicole and her libido) towards her own future.  Who knows she just might be able to find some satisfaction (not to mention create a more stable environment for May) by having a career.  I'm asking too much, I know.  Unfortunately, I don't see her aspiring to anything remotely productive at this stage in her life (outside of becoming a reality TV star).  Yet another reason that Robalee et al. need to cut her off.  Most kids (and I consider Nicole a kid still) at her age want to get out of their parents house and live on their own.  Nicole has no motivation or need to move beyond what she presently has - all her short term needs are being met - housing (check), incidentals - I-Phone (I can't afford one of these!), I-Pad for May (check), food (check), income (government/parents and for now TLC) (check).

One area I do agree with Azan (I can't believe I'm typing this) is that Nicole would really benefit by incorporating some type of physical activity/exercise a couple days a week.  It can really assist with depression and build self esteem. (I speak from experience).  Azan approached this in the wrong way (and there's no way in hell I believe that Azan is a 'professional'  trainer).  He started too aggressively for Nicole, who I doubt had ever seen the inside of a gym.  The only reason Azan had Nicole try to workout was for his own selfish (and perhaps a bit sadistic) reasons. 

Did Nicole ever think about the consequences to May of moving to an area where women are restricted from education? No? I didn't think so.  

Honestly, I don't see Nicole remotely worrying about any sort of consequences when it comes to May's education either in Morocco or  Florida.  I'm sure that Nicole feels that she has "made it" this far without any (I find myself wondering if she finished high school), so why should May be any different?   Once again, I see Robalee stepping in to make sure that May is enrolled in preschool (another "thing" Nicole won't need to bother with/think about).  We haven't seen much effort on Nicole's behalf to even interact, read stories or play with May.  At her age, this is an integral time for parents to help their young children by stimulating their desire to learn and interact. (Sticking her with an I-Pad and headphones doesn't count - I think she does this to keep her quiet).   I'm doubtful that watching her mother glom all over Azan (with her back turned no less) at the beach while leaving May to her own devices playing in the sand or listening to her mom fighting/smacking him aren't helping with her development.  The only thing I see Nicole "teaching" May is that manipulating adults and acting like someone who appears to be at the same developmental stage as May works.  It looks like she's already learned that much. May waking up in the middle of the night, crying and getting Nicole to feed her sandwiches (I'm not buying that she's still having troubles with the time change) is a good example that she's already picked up this behavior trait from her mom.

Edited by zoemom
punctuation
  • Love 15
16 hours ago, hookedontv said:

Please raise your hand if you would like Nicole to be the person responsible for monitoring your pet under anesthesia, stitching up your pet, or drawing and administering precise doses of strong medications to your dog or cat? I think not...

Hey hookedontv:  I was trying to be nice!!  LOL!  (Hey......I am trying.)  But I see your point.   Maybe greeting at the front desk?  I did that one summer at a car dealership and LOVED it.  Then again, I did have to multitask so.....maybe not.

4 hours ago, zoemom said:

At her age, this is an integral time for parents to help their young children by stimulating their desire to learn and interact. (Sticking her with an I-Pad and headphones doesn't count - I think she does this to keep her quiet). 

This is why, in my list of Rules for Our Room, I listed "Don't Ask about IPads" as kids are obsessed with them.  Yes I mean obsessed.  I help out in the kindergarten room in the beginning of the year and if I had a dollar for every time I heard, "Ipad?" I could retire.

4 hours ago, zoemom said:

and there's no way in hell I believe that Azan is a 'professional'  trainer).

Me neither.  My brother is a trainer for real and he would NEVER talk to client/person that way.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 7

As far as the money is concerned I do believe that Azan should share in the profits from being on the show. He's making a big ass of himself on national television like all of the other folks. Its pretty awful that TLC has determined that the foreign participants should work for free.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I could host and run this show!!  My dress for my 10/7/17 wedding was $60 off Amazon and it was gorgeous.  Out whole wedding was $2500 (give or take) for 42 people, including alcohol. (And it was a nice and classy affair, not BYOB and bring a side dish kinda thing!)  But lest we get off topic:  

2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

They talk a lot but they don't actually do anything.

Yes they do a lot of talking but do they ever follow through? 

19 hours ago, OhIgetit said:
On 12/19/2017 at 0:00 AM, magemaud said:

Who the hell makes a big deal about their 28th birthday? It’s not like it’s some kind of milestone. 

Yep - he could have calculated out the day and moved the wedding up.  But daughter is no prize either, showing up and bitching and moaning about everything.  Daughter, your dad is a loser.  Sorry.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 2
On 12/19/2017 at 5:20 PM, NinaH said:

This is probably going to sound ugly and I don't mean for it to, but May seems like one miserable child. Which is totally understandable, with having a big baby for a mother and indulging grandparents.  She acts kind of bratty, which again isn't her fault, just the result of her "parenting".  Too bad her real father bailed, he was the only person who would've had equal say in how she's being raised. Any other man won't put up with her mother long enough to impact her or will throw in the towel if he does manage to stick around. It's hard enough when the parents/stepparents are all mature and do what's in the best interest of the child, but trying to parent with baby Huey is any persons worst nightmare. 

I don't see May as a brat- at all.  She's a toddler, and I'm sure the cameras, travel and overall family drama are overwhelming for her.  I hate how much she is plugged into the tablet, but I do believe that for filming that's something they do to keep her quiet.  When Nicole arrived in Morocco, May was running around (pre-leash), and chattering.  I think she may not be as verbal as most 3ish-year-olds, but again, we aren't seeing her in her normal environment.  Robbalee most surely indulges May with the threat always hanging over her that Nicole could take May away- although given Nicole's maturity level, lack of resources and dependence on her family for everyday needs, I doubt that would ever happen.  Robbalee needs to set some firm rules. Start by cutting off the funds so that Nicole can provide for herself and her daughter, not her imagined "soul mate" who seems to be too busy to answer his phone. (Red flag, Nicole! Red flag!)

• Love 12
9 hours ago, HamSammich said:

And Ashley looks like her Dad in poorly done drag.

She really lost out in that gene pool.  She'd benefit from less eye make up and that constant nasty smirk on her face.  I was very fortunate to have supportive, caring parents but I can appreciate her pain.  She needs to get over it, tho and get on with her life.  We only get one chance at a life. Might as well try to enjoy it.

The son looks (and acts) nothing like him,tho.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

She'd benefit from less eye make up and that constant nasty smirk on her face.  I was very fortunate to have supportive, caring parents but I can appreciate her pain

I can too:  my mom was great and all that but she had a passive aggressive side that was not to be believed.  When I was having my second son via c section (We knew the date) she agreed to watch our 2 year old while we were in the hospital.  Great!  Weekend before she books a drip to friggin' Door County on that day.  Her right to travel yes, but man....the Saturday before?  You couldn't wait a week?  And you book and tell us 48 hours before?  I loved my mom (she has since passed) but man......David, stop with the passive aggressive crap.

47 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

I hate how much she is plugged into the tablet

Me too.

• Love 2

I thought it was interesting watching Antonio's rant against David Poor on the Tell All while everyone else was backstage. When they showed the clip of the argument at Chris's house and Antonio throwing water on David (is that a theme?) almost everyone off stage looked shocked except David Spain was laughing and Nicole reacted like it was the most hilarious thing she had ever seen. Both of them have exhibited a cruel streak before. 

• Love 10
On 18/12/2017 at 7:21 PM, PityFree said:

Molly is a drooling idiot.

She is not right in the head. So confused and ignorant of anyone else except herself.

Cannot stand her stupid lips,screeching voice and crying.

What type of Mother brings a 26 year old punk into a house with 2 young girls and expect/want him to be a Daddy?

Her Hamster wheel doesn't go all the way arround!

• Love 17

I really don't see Robbalee as the answer to ensuring May's health and safety.  I think that Robbalee is very passive-aggressive.  She brought things up during the reunion, but hasn't seen to be proactive about May during the show. She says "no" to Nicole, but then gives in to her.  When going out to eat, she could just tell Nicole that she won't pay for May if May has french fries, etc.  There are a lot of very basic things Robbalee could do, but instead she acts helpless and gives in to Nicole.

• Love 3