Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Spooky said:

Nikki confused me; she seems like such a strong woman, yet she was blanketed over him in such a weird way. Horrible posture, almost sitting behind him, both arms around his, yet she was spitting venom at both Chis and David. Any armchair psychologists here?  

I was just watching bits of it and at one point (I think it's when Shaun asks her about all the money that Chris gives David) she cracks her knuckles while still leaving her hands entwined around his arm.  I rewound it to make sure I heard things right and yep, she did.  Her body language did seem to be screaming something. 

In other news, my computer is HD and has much better resolution than my old tv and while watching just now, I noticed that the Eyebrow Game is still going strong on this last episode.  Nikki and Annie especially have mucho brow powder on. 

1 minute ago, Lemons said:

This is really bugging me.  In Georgia you both have to go to the official govt agency, town hall, or whomever is giving out licenses.  You both need to bring proof of who you are and how old you are.  So, no official showed up with a license for them to apply for.  They would have already done that.  Then I would guess they sign the certificate at the actual wedding.  This would have happened at her home, after they had already applied. 

I can't figure out how MN would allow someone to just sign and mail their marriage license in without first proving who they were.  What if you had some comatose 90 year old billionaire and his caretaker forged his signature, with someone at town hall in on it.  He dies, she gets all his money.  You would think there would be more safeguards.  

Bolding mine:  We both had to go get the license, in person, with valid ID's.  We then had six months to marry. We had zero waiting period I am sorry if that was confusing in how I wrote it.  But I will say this:  I first married in 1994, before both parties had to be present to apply for a license. (The law changed in 2000.)  My then hubby went alone.  Then, at the ceremony, only the two witnesses signed it -not me- so technically, he could have married me without my consent!!!  LOL!  

So yes, in MN both parties need to show up, with valid ID (I brought my divorce decree but did not need it.)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Am I the only one who finds Jazz unlikable?  I started watching the show because one of my oldest friends came out as transgender a few years ago (F to M).  I don't understand it, but I fully support him (I also was supportive when they came out of the closet) and I wanted to try to understand better, but I gave up trying with that show.

Jazz is hard to watch because she is severely depressed, which makes her very unlikable. Her parents seem to ignore her mental health issues.  But even the mom suffers from severe depression. I can't snark at that level of mental instability. 

• Love 5

Ok, Molly Molly Molly. You are a terrible actress, you too Luis.  Such bull**it.  Luis comes out and won’t sit next to her and is being a hateful ass, is acting like he hates Molly and her kids. Next breath she asked him back and he’s living with her.  Now at the end he is sitting on the couch with her Ike nothing happened.  So if he was back living there why the acting all pissed off and sitting on the other couch. Just bugs me, so transparent. 

• Love 7

Molly needs to take a seat with her eye rolling to Andrei. Elizabeth said she had nothing to say then Andrei offered to say it for her. At first I thought he was a control freak but it seems that Elizabeth likes to use Andrei as a tool for standing up to her family. Does Meerkat sanky have a job? Andrei couldn't wait to start working.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 9
31 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

gonecrackers, come sit with me.  I always enjoy your posts.

Per David Pour and the Wedding Day/Daughter's Birthday saga:  Yeah it really should not be a big deal, but I see the daughter as it is one MORE thing to say "Ya know what, daughter?  It is all about me.  And my new wife, not you.  Screw you!" Just a lifetime of slights, and now this.  I could care less if a parent remarried on my birthday (but then again they are deceased) but really who cares?  David Pour, your daughter does.  Perhaps you should have whipped out a calculator to see if the 90 day cutoff fell around your daughter's birthday.

Thank you kindly - I enjoy your posts as well!

Agreed - it's another slight. This is not a normal relationship. He could've, should've, used any other day. That one simple gesture might have made a difference for them in a positive way. He blew it.

And she blew it by showing up & being nasty. Now he can act victimized by her, because narcissists love to do that.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I had posted this on the spoiler thread, & since it's not spoilers I can post it here as well, since people have had different opinions on Nicole's mom during the Tell All.

I didn't mind the way Robbalee was with Nicole, because I think she's really desperate to have Nicole see the truth. Sometimes people can only see harsh reality through others, so she was trying to get a reaction from other people in hopes of reaching Nicole.

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

My issue is that Nicole’s mother must be as stupid as Nicole is. There’s no way she’s going to live in Morocco. First - Azan wouldn’t have her in his own country. Besides the fact he seems to find her physically repulsive - he has no job and apparently no home of his own. Second - I assume even Morocco has standards that her uneducated, lazy fat ass couldn’t get a work visa. She can’t (unwilling to learn) the language and Morocco has way too many unemployed people her/Azan’s age. 

• Love 7

The reason Shaun Robinson doesn't get more in depth with her questions is because if she did, then we wouldn't watch the 338939 more "90 Day" shows, like Our Story So Far and After The 90 Days, etc.  They can't give too much away.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, David was Chris' DUFF.  In 2009 Chris and his friends probably loved to whore around Asia and hey, David would make any man look good or feel good about themselves, so, sure let's keep him around.

Molly is a total fool.  There's nothing wrong with going outside the US to find love, nothing wrong with the Caribbean either; however Molly should probably try a plant before getting into a relationship.  What she needs to do is parent those girls first and when they grow up she can do whatever the hell she wants.

The problem I have with Ashley is, she's an adult.  She didn't have to be on the show the way Molly's daughters did.  I wouldn't have bothered to come to the wedding or anything.  To me, it made Ashley seem like a famewhore; she hates her dad and his "Thai wife" (that's racist!), but she made sure she was right there, on TV front and center.  

Nicole doesn't want Azan, she wants a Ken Doll to marry.  I'm not surprised Azan didn't show up, maybe he's really done with her.  I hope so, but I have a feeling Nicole would chase Azan all over the globe.  

• Love 8

I have one comment. Nicole's FACE when she realized her mom was falling for her bluff about moving to Morocco. Nicole would not move to Morocco in a million years. She was faking it as a threat and her mom got really upset. Look at the Big Smile that went across Nicole's face when she realized her mother believed her bluff.! Wow just wow. It dawned on her that now she can get her way with this bullshit threat- and she could not have been more thrilled. It was this horrid evil smile. I wish I could do screen shots. She is going to use this threat to bully her way - it is a blackmail and she couldnt even disguise her glee. Did anyone else catch that smile? I am horrified.

"Azan and I just want to be together" Like no what does Azan like (love) about you? He can't stand you. 

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Horrified said:

I thought she seemed wide-eyed and full of the wonder and magnificence of herself.

I agree.  I wasn't a huge fan before but it was really very sweet.  She also was totally rocking my 1970's prom dress.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Normades said:

but if Azan is dependent on Nicole to get his share of the proceeds from this show, then she should be sending him money.  He’s definitely earned it.  I don’t see her as being very much better for May, but I guess anything other than Nicole is an improvement.  Poor little May doesn’t stand a chance.

Azan gets his own check in Morocco. 

The only reason the foreigners don't get paid in the U.S. is because they don't yet have work visas. The show doesn't have some weird policy against paying foreigners..

The money she sends him is all her own.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Exactly. As if she wasn't already unlikable enough.

If it's 'her day' then why bother showing up at the wedding, and whining to anyone who would listen.

She also seemed to be seething with anger that Annie was having a ball and enjoying the attention. How dare the bride enjoy her day on Ashley's day!!!   

And the poor red headed brother is trying to calm her by saying he has been hurt too, but once again, nobody is listening.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again, David was Chris' DUFF.  In 2009 Chris and his friends probably loved to whore around Asia and hey, David would make any man look good or feel good about themselves, so, sure let's keep him around.

Molly is a total fool.  There's nothing wrong with going outside the US to find love, nothing wrong with the Caribbean either; however Molly should probably try a plant before getting into a relationship.  What she needs to do is parent those girls first and when they grow up she can do whatever the hell she wants.

Nicole doesn't want Azan, she wants a Ken Doll to marry.  I'm not surprised Azan didn't show up, maybe he's really done with her.  I hope so, but I have a feeling Nicole would chase Azan all over the globe.  

If he's a DUFF, he's the most expensive DUFF I've ever seen. And, now he's backfiring miserably. Instead of making Chris look good, he's making Chris look bad, very bad. Yet, Chris still can't seem to let go.

Something is wrong with Chris. Chris needs intense psychological help.

Agreed on Molly. She looked like the world's biggest ignoramus when she attacked young Nicole for doing the same thing she was doing. The entire world is telling her she's driving off a cliff, and she just adjusts her bra straps and keeps going...

Molly is Danielle with a makeover. These women screw up so many things that their families can't help but criticize them. Nicole's mom tells her, "You bulldoze your way through things and take everyone down with you."  Molly's skin is thick like honey badger's. Honey badger don't care.

There would be something, Nicole flying back to Morocco to track down Azan, followed by TLC cameras.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I don't think so.  Not everybody needs therapy, not everybody needs help.  Some people just like shooting themselves in the foot and no amount of therapy can help them.  

Look, human beings aren't machines.  People don't act in the way they're "supposed" to act.  Mutt and Jeff (Chris and David) have this bizarre friendship.  I've seen shit like that; one person is needy, the other person likes to be needed.  It happens.  Or....Chris just wants he, Nikki, David, Annie and Antonio to get their own show.  

Nicole and Azan will be there next season, that is if Azan ever answers his phone.  

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, Jennifersdc said:

My issue is that Nicole’s mother must be as stupid as Nicole is. There’s no way she’s going to live in Morocco. First - Azan wouldn’t have her in his own country. Besides the fact he seems to find her physically repulsive - he has no job and apparently no home of his own. Second - I assume even Morocco has standards that her uneducated, lazy fat ass couldn’t get a work visa. She can’t (unwilling to learn) the language and Morocco has way too many unemployed people her/Azan’s age. 

I can't believe she really thinks she'll go - that reaction could have been production driven. She's expressed her concerns to Nicole that Azan doesn't love her, she sees Azan won't take her phone calls, & now is not reachable for the show as well. She's got to be bright enough to realize if Nicole packed up to go to Morocco Azan would be throwing her right back to the states.  Her dad offering sponsorship was the biggest blunder - that kept Nicole's fantasy alive; sounds like he is the one believing Nicole's scam. I think her mom is probably just worried about her dragging May off again - Nicole obviously puts that kid through a lot, given she's had previous 'daddies'. I'd be worried about the grandchild in that case as well.

• Love 4
On 12/18/2017 at 10:17 PM, EarlGreyTea said:

Who did Nicole's hair and makeup for the tell-all, and can she hire them full time? This is far and away the best she's ever looked. Her hair looks darker and it's much more becoming. Great dress too.

I wonder if the rest of the cast lives on planet reality as we do. Azan not good enough for Nicole, really? All of them have to be just a little bit nuts to open their lives up like this, so it's understandable. How utterly bizarre to watch your own worst moments on television and being forced to comment on it.

Azan needs to get back online and find a normal woman.  He's looking for a wife, not a psycho child. Hopefully his family will keep this looney tunes episode under wraps.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

I don't think so.  Not everybody needs therapy, not everybody needs help.  Some people just like shooting themselves in the foot and no amount of therapy can help them.  

Look, human beings aren't machines.  People don't act in the way they're "supposed" to act.  Mutt and Jeff (Chris and David) have this bizarre friendship.  I've seen shit like that; one person is needy, the other person likes to be needed.  It happens.  Or....Chris just wants he, Nikki, David, Annie and Antonio to get their own show.  

Nicole and Azan will be there next season, that is if Azan ever answers his phone.  

I agree that some people are perfectly comfortable in their own dysfunctional weirdness.

That being said, it's not working for Chris. Not if he plans on keeping Nikki and the kids in his life, anyway.

For whatever reason, it's irresistible for Mutt to give Jeff his kids' college money, or money that could really be put to good use in other ways. And, he's disregarding his wife in order to meet Jeff's needs.  Nikki said that she knew she couldn't add up the total or it would cause trouble in their marriage.  I thought she looked frazzled and fried at the tell-all. She wasn't her usual feisty, confident self.

And, we could tell, Chris can't stop himself from throwing money at that irresistible turtle! Can't he find friends for free? Is he that much of a drag? David doesn't strike me as being that glib and charming. His comic timing is off when he's sober, and it's even worse when he's falling down drunk. It doesn't seem like great fun to party with Stumbly.

Maybe he's content to lose Nikki. Maybe he's bored with her. 

It's just a weird thing to do. Like he might as well make a Christmas pyre out of crisp bills.

We know he's not throwing money at the turtle because he thinks it will succeed. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, CoachWristletJen said:

If he's a DUFF, he's the most expensive DUFF I've ever seen. And, now he's backfiring miserably. Instead of making Chris look good, he's making Chris look bad, very bad. Yet, Chris still can't seem to let go.

Agreed on Molly. She looked like the world's biggest ignoramus when she attacked young Nicole for doing the same thing she was doing. The entire world is telling her she's driving off a cliff, and she just adjusts her bra straps and keeps going...

Molly is Danielle with a makeover. These women screw up so many things that their families can't help but criticize them. Nicole's mom tells her, "You bulldoze your way through things and take everyone down with you."  Molly's skin is thick like honey badger's. Honey badger don't care.

There would be something, Nicole flying back to Morocco to track down Azan, followed by TLC cameras.

Yeah, she can track him down but he doesn't want her.  There is nothing attractive about her - personality, body, behavior.  She can whine "love" till the cows come home. He made the most of a bad situation, then realized it's just not worth a lifetime.

• Love 3
20 hours ago, BeachyWave said:

No way (I am). At

7 hours ago, PinkFlamingo said:

Interesting information about getting married in Georgia (from a couple posters). Sounds like it is somewhat easier for an oops I got married type of incident - like Molly is trying to sell. 

I'm guessing she saw him getting restless right away and the sudden marriage was her idea.  Especially after watching the desperate hold on to her man antics. 

Also why is he compared to a meerkat? I get it but don't ruin meerkats for me. I think they are cute. How about an eel or hyena or something? 

Eel. Or weasel. Land-eel?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

I had posted this on the spoiler thread, & since it's not spoilers I can post it here as well, since people have had different opinions on Nicole's mom during the Tell All.

I didn't mind the way Robbalee was with Nicole, because I think she's really desperate to have Nicole see the truth. Sometimes people can only see harsh reality through others, so she was trying to get a reaction from other people in hopes of reaching Nicole.

Nicole is a defiant toddler, not at all having the capability to handle her own life, never mind make decisions for May. She's being fed money, probably lying about where it's going, most likely not spending it on her young child, but sending it to a stranger in another country who she is desperate to forge a very toxic relationship with, while bringing her daughter into the mix.

I'm sure they are very torn about either continuing to enable Nicole, or just let her go- & that includes 'Daddy Who Will Sponsor Azan'.   Maybe if May was not a factor, they would be better able to let Nicole act out & suffer the consequences.

But of course the big whiney toddler will hang their granddaughter over their heads - dangling her like a piece of meat - "Don't give me money, don't help me, don't sponsor my latest boy toy, & I take her away from you - muahahahaha suckers!!", & that means to whatever comes after Azan, & after that...

That poor kid is just a pawn in Nicole's selfish, self-centered game of getting what she wants.

They need to play hardball. That means that they need to leave her to her own devices and then watch her like a hawk until she screws up, which she will do. It's a tricky walk filled with land mines, but it's their only choice. Then, they need to get custody of May. It won't be hard. And, a frustrated Nicole might easily make an ass out of herself in court, especially if Mama knows which buttons to push.

The idea won't be to take May away from Nicole completely. I think Nicole can be an okay mother. May could even continue to live with Nicole when she acts right.  But the minute Nicole decides to go running of to another country after some other guy, which she will, Robbalee will have the authority to say, "Fine, do what you want, but May is staying right here."

8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Land-eel.  Definitely. Luis the Land-eel.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5

Am I the only one who sees that Nicole has no one? Her family never says anything nice to her. Like, never. Every word said to her is critical, mean, and demands that she justify her every breath. They constantly throw her past choices in her face, borrow trouble and then judge her about it. "What if this happens? How will you support yourself? What if he won't get a job? This is the second man you told May to call daddy. How much money did you send him? Are you ready to live with that for the rest of your life?" Even her teen brother thought it was his place to start telling her how to live her life.

Nicole always looks hurt and embarrassed while they emotionally beat her.

With family like that, does anyone wonder why Nicole jumped at the first man who showed her some kindness? Nobody in Nicole's family ever even smiles at her. They greet her with dire predictions disguised as concern. It's vicious.

They are full of eye-rolling snark, and constantly use her to make themselves feel superior. I wanted to kick them all.

• Love 5

All I could think of when Molly admitted that they were legal was, if something happens to you, everything goes to your spouse. I'm sure if you signed the papers so quickly, you sure didn't draft a pre-nup. That is a shame since she is a business woman and signs paperwork a lot. Those girls are screwed. I think brother is too. I wouldn't sleep too heavily.

Libby's sisters said that she never acted submissive to any other boyfriends, I'm guessing that's because she had never met a man before.

• Love 7
On 12/18/2017 at 9:38 PM, keetmommy said:

Still think Mikayla is in love with Evelyn even though she says she isnt..

Mikayla actually thought that her opinion should matter in someone elses engagement. David Spain was right. She needs to find a man or a dog or a degree program to focus on, and stop demanding that she be handled with kid gloves while sticking her nose where it did not belong.

• Love 3

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but why the hell would David schedule his wedding on his daughter's birthday in the first place? I'm not saying she wasn't 100% obnoxious about the whole thing, she was. And I know they aren't close, but this choice just strikes me as really weird. But everything about David is strange. Maybe it was a dig at his kid for being so against Annie?

32 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Am I the only one who sees that Nicole has no one? Her family never says anything nice to her. Like, never. Every word said to her is critical, mean, and demands that she justify her every breath. They constantly throw her past choices in her face, borrow trouble and then judge her about it. "What if this happens? How will you support yourself? What if he won't get a job? This is the second man you told May to call daddy. How much money did you send him? Are you ready to live with that for the rest of your life?" Even her teen brother thought it was his place to start telling her how to live her life.

I see what you mean. This whole family is sort of caught in that cycle and no one can break out of it. They are constantly scolding her and talking down to her, but she is also constantly doing stupid shit and making poor life choices...which maybe she does in part because her family is relentless....but they are relentless because she's fucking up so hard...and so on.

They all need therapy and not a reality show.  I think her family's heart is in the right place and it has to be incredibly difficult to watch Nicole go down such an expensive and dangerous path and drag May with her.

• Love 8

Caught up on the tell-all.  Molly is just pathetic.  She clearly puts this asshole ahead of her kids.  I feel bad for her younger daughter who is stuck there.  Hopefully her older daughter can move out in the near future and get away from that shit show.

Antonio is as big a jackass as David.  What a hypocrite for being all offended at David's rude joke and throwing water on him (what's with people throwing water on David anyway, lol), then being far more offensive attacking Annie like that.  Especially when he pretended to be friendly with her back in L.A.  If he talked to my wife that way I'd kick his ass the next time I saw him.  Guy keeps running his mouth like that, someone will eventually shut it.

• Love 15
On 12/18/2017 at 3:43 PM, Bugfrey Von said:

On a scale of 1-10, how hot is Elizabeth's sister for Andrei?  The pouty lips, the batting of the lashes...  I would punch my sister in the mouth if she acted that way toward my fiancé.  
"I'm down, let's do it!" ::BLUSH:: :GIGGLE::  How's that wealthy husband working out?  I also don't understand the sexy setting.  Why not meet in a coffee shop?  A nice, intimate restaurant with drinks.  No ma'am. Sister Elizabeth, you are not the keeper of matrimony. Stay in your own lane.  Elizabeth, you made a good choice.  Do you, girl.  Wear your crazy lipstick, ignore your philtrum - fuck it!  Your sisters are jealous and you are going to be just fine.  

Luis is a piece of shit.  I'll admit I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, being a step-parent isn't easy, leaving your home isn't easy....  but good god, Lemon!  What a fucker he turned out to be. He knows that Molly is stuck now, married to him.  He should be ashamed of himself.  How godly he is, giggling while she's crying, fixing himself a drink with a smirk on his face and checking his phone for fresh porn while Molly bawls in the kitchen. Jeff doesn't seem like the violent type, but he should tell Luis to keep away from his vodka.  That'll get that bible thumping hypocrite on the next plane right quick. Kinsley is a little too sassy for my liking, but it broke my heart to see her concern over her mother.  Kids don't deserve to be part of this reality tv garbage.  I think Molly thought this was going to be another fun chance at being famous - she wasn't counting on her little boy toy to be such a garbage can.  He didn't take your ring, Molly, because it's as fake as he is.  Learn from this asshole and stay off the television. 

David needs to please spend some of his Chris allowance on a stylist or personal trainer.  I really felt happy for Annie for a minute, I thought that she'd high-tail it home.  Again, on one hand, you have 2 water buffaloes, new gold, dowry money in Thailand.  On the other, you have a man who gets an money from a friend, no means of supporting you or your future children.  Think on it.

Evil-yn saying how she knew David was the one when he realized SHE was the one....  LMAO at David's face.  Bruh.  The life that awaits you.  It's going to be the Evil-yn show FOREVER.  Her mom's (very sweet and sincere) reaction was completely shit on by her smirk.  Has there ever been a more precious and adorable human than Evil-yn?  I mean, really. He better tell her that she's a goddess every spare moment he has.  

this synopsis w/hilarious observations is just everything. your snark is unparalleled! i noticed the sister-elizabeth attraction to andrrrrrrei (also- i love that family-elizabeth just calls dude “andre”) at their first meeting. she wrapped her arms around his neck in a sexual non-future-brother-in-law way. what a skank. 

kensley is certainly not my cup of tea either. hell, neither is olivia. they are both very bratty and poorly behaved. however i too feel bad for them having to comfort their broken mother. 

it is almost comical that annie refers to nikki as her best friend. annie is scum and an opportunist just like david pour/poor. 

evil-yn and that grin. she is to me what okra at dinner was to me as a child. gross, not easily ingested and unnecessary. best of luck to her and david-spain. they will need it.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but why the hell would David schedule his wedding on his daughter's birthday in the first place?

Maybe because the chapel was only available for a couple of dates? And why couldn't he say to Ashley, "I know we're getting married on your birthday, but Annie and I would like to take you to dinner [or whatever] to celebrate the day before [or the day after or next Tuesday]?" I can't count how many times I've had to celebrate my birthday on a different day because some event conflicts with it or something unexpected happens, and it's not the end of the world! I still turned another day older, with or without cake, no matter when it was celebrated

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 14
54 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Maybe because the chapel was only available for a couple of dates? And why couldn't he say to Ashley, "I know we're getting married on your birthday, but Annie and I would like to take you to dinner [or whatever] to celebrate the day before [or the day after or next Tuesday]?" I can't count how many times I've had to celebrate my birthday on a different day because some event conflicts with it or something unexpected happens, and it's not the end of the world! I still turned another day older, with or without cake, no matter when it was celebrated

Look, a wedding that cheesy and thrown together could have taken place a day or two before. There must be a half-million churches, halls and empty rental properties in L.A. that could be had for a few bucks, and every third person is an ordained something who could officiate for $100 fee.

Getting married on Ashley's birthday was The Penguin's passive-aggressive payback for Ashley's shitty antics when she met Annie. He very effectively told his daughter that he had a newer, younger girl to celebrate on that day.

Granted, as payback, it was pure genius. 

Ashley's crazy rage seemed so "woman-scorned" that it made me wonder if David and Ashley's relationship wasn't more disturbing than meets the eye. She reacted like a bunny-boiling jealous ex- girlfriend rather than a daughter.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

Look, a wedding that cheesy and thrown together could have taken place a day or two before. There must be a half-million churches, halls and empty rental properties in L.A. that could be had for a few bucks, and every third person is an ordained something who could officiate for $100 fee.

Getting married on Ashley's birthday was The Penguin's passive-aggressive payback for Ashley's shitty antics when she met Annie. He very effectively told his daughter that he had a newer, younger girl to celebrate on that day.

Granted, as payback, it was pure genius. 

Ashley's crazy rage seemed so "woman-scorned" that it made me wonder if David and Ashley's relationship wasn't more disturbing than meets the eye. She reacted like a bunny-boiling jealous ex- girlfriend rather than a daughter.

Ashley is clearly rough around the edges but I feel sorry for her.  The wedding, on her birthday, is symbolic of his dad's desire to chase skirts over her.  I'm sure if he was a great dad, he would've either tried to schedule it on a different day or made amends to Ashley before the ceremony letting her know why they chose the day they did.  Simple gestures go a long way and this guy has probably spent a lifetime doing everything BUT being a father that the wounds are so deep any transgression is a big deal to her.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

Yes, they married in Kentucky, right outside of Louisville. They later returned to Thailand and had a small ceremony there as well. 

In that case, there were definitely other options. If legality and deadlines forced them to finalize their contract on the same day as Ashley's birthday, then they could have had a civil ceremony to satisfy K-1 requirement, and had the public ceremony any day they chose. 

The bleary eyed buoy of a man is a hateful prick on all levels.

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, merylinkid said:

Because these are legitimate questions to ask.   Maybe not on national tv, but they still need to be asked.   It's clear that Nicole does not think ahead.   She wants what she wants when she wants it.   The future is some cloudy thing that will never happen.   Her family is trying to get her to think of these things rather than blunder ahead wreaking havoc.

She's not embarassed.   She's pissed they are making her think instead of just giving in to her demands.   

It's not up to them to 'try to get her to think' of anything by constantly tearing her down and 'what if'-ing. The superior 'I'm just trying to help' excuse for being mean doesn't justify the way that Robbalee and her branch of the family never say anything nice or show any enthusiasm for anything about Nicole.  There is never even 'It's good to see you!" or "Oh, you look nice today! What a pretty outfit!" The unsmiling disapproval and unnecessary opinions from mom, stepdad, sister and brother is hard to watch.

The bottom line is that her family does not like her. The whining and demanding is her way of trying to matter to them. It just feeds the cycle of emotional abuse.

If they really wanted to 'help', they would be telling her "It's great how you work so hard to support your child" and "You are so brave to go to a new country alone!", even if they don't approve. Instead, they enable, and treat her as though every encounter is their one chance to save her from herself by framing their fear and disapproval as something she did wrong. After all, "what if"?? 

It's her life. They have every right to not participate in her shenanegans, but they don't have to be so critical and mean.  Does never smiling and making up stuff to worry about ("Anything can happen to you in a foriegn country!") benefit Nicole or May? Nope. It just keeps them feeling like whatever they do is wrong.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

So when they replayed the scene with Nicole assaulting Azan, everyone feels sorry for her? Not a single person, most importantly Shaun or Nicole's mom, called her out. No wonder Nicole's a huge brat. Her mom saw her as the victim in that scenario. 

Nicole is not the brightest, and has no conflict-resolution skills. She hits and shoves in an effort to be heard, which is wrong wrong wrong.  

Azan quickly figured out how to annoy her into a rage with the silent treatment. 

Instead of demanding that he 'show her off', and 'be proud of her' by breaking Morrocan rules, she needs to go the heck home and leave Azan where she found him--half a planet away.

The world is full of FAs (Fat Admirers). Girl, find yourself a man who likes a whole lotta woman, and leave that loser alone.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Suzywriter said:

There is never even 'It's good to see you!" or "Oh, you look nice today! What a pretty outfit!"

They probably don't say that because they don't feel that way, and when have we seen her in a pretty outfit?  Seriously, she just pushes past people to get her way and treats everyone else like garbage.  In order to get nice treatment and respect you need to give it and she does not.  When has she thanked her family for watching May or helping her?  Her family obviously has a deep connection to May and puts in a lot of time caring for her.  When did she ever ask their thoughts or feelings about dragging that child across the globe?  She just drops her BS about whatever crazy plan she's decided to follow and sits back and smirks while she manipulates her family using little May.  Her mother asked about her plans to make ends meet if Azan came to the US and she actually said she had none.  This means when problems arise and they can't pay the bills or eat, her family will be on the hook.  That's why they aren't pleased with her.  She's a nasty, manipulative piece of garbage.  If she took some baby steps and tried to better herself with the TLC funds, they might change their tune, but NEVER ask Nicole to change!!  She just expects everyone else to change and dance to her tune.  That's trash (TM Andrei).

• Love 20
8 hours ago, Dobian said:

Caught up on the tell-all.  Molly is just pathetic.  She clearly puts this asshole ahead of her kids.  I feel bad for her younger daughter who is stuck there.  Hopefully her older daughter can move out in the near future and get away from that shit show.

Antonio is as big a jackass as David.  What a hypocrite for being all offended at David's rude joke and throwing water on him (what's with people throwing water on David anyway, lol), then being far more offensive attacking Annie like that.  Especially when he pretended to be friendly with her back in L.A.  If he talked to my wife that way I'd kick his ass the next time I saw him.  Guy keeps running his mouth like that, someone will eventually shut it.

I would say anyone ( and this casts a pretty wide net) who brings a stranger to live in their home with their kids is not putting their kids first. So that includes, Danielle, melanie, brett, Molly and Nicole having her kid call her boyfriends "daddy"....Ive said it before and Ill say it again....when you have a child that child is supposed to be your priority.....I'll never understand why these men and women do this. I dont care that some of these relationships have worked--its incredibly selfish and risky, in my opinion.

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Porkchop said:

I can't believe I might spend three hours tonight watching the Abominable Toddler and her reluctant suitor.

I love you guys, but there was NO way in hell I was going to put myself through THAT!!!

The Abominable Toddler! LOL! But there’s NO  reforming that Bumble.

• Love 10
9 hours ago, rideashire said:

Not sure if anyone already mentioned this but why the hell would David schedule his wedding on his daughter's birthday in the first place? I'm not saying she wasn't 100% obnoxious about the whole thing, she was. And I know they aren't close, but this choice just strikes me as really weird. But everything about David is strange. Maybe it was a dig at his kid for being so against Annie?

I see what you mean. This whole family is sort of caught in that cycle and no one can break out of it. They are constantly scolding her and talking down to her, but she is also constantly doing stupid shit and making poor life choices...which maybe she does in part because her family is relentless....but they are relentless because she's fucking up so hard...and so on.

They all need therapy and not a reality show.  I think her family's heart is in the right place and it has to be incredibly difficult to watch Nicole go down such an expensive and dangerous path and drag May with her.

I wondered if maybe they got married on the daughter's birthday because it just happened to be on a Friday night or Saturday (traditional wedding days for the convenience of guests), and they truly were running out of time before the 90 days were up.  Nope.  They got married on a Wednesday.  So they could have gotten married on a Tuesday . . . unless maybe Chris wasn't there yet with the check to pay for everything.

RE:  Nicole.  I get the feeling her family has been cleaning up her literal and figurative messes for a long time.  It started out with making excuses for her not doing her homework in the second grade, and has grown from that point.  Maybe they don't say anything nice to her because there's nothing nice to say.  "Oh, Sweetie . . . you look so pretty in your traveling outfit to go to Morocco to chase after a guy who can't stand the sight of you.  Don't you bother learning even one word of the native languages . . . they need to learn to talk to YOU in English.  Did you check to make sure there are restaurants that sell french fries near Azan's aunt's house?"

Their dynamic looks like one of frustration from years of watching her make bad decisions.  If Nicole had come up with one positive idea as to how she was going to support a family of three, maybe there would have been a little praise.  "I'm going to take a course now to learn how to be a CNA so that I can work full-time to pay Azan's way and support him when he gets here."  That would have made more sense - and gotten a kinder response - than "I'll figure it out." 

I have a brother who is the male version of Nicole . . . and he's 77!!!  Based on what I see of what he's done with HIS life, things are unlikely to turn out well for Nicole.  She'll still be living in a pigpen, and May (and any other subsequent children) may want nothing to do her because it is just exhausting to try to deal with Nicole on a normal level.

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

So when they replayed the scene with Nicole assaulting Azan, everyone feels sorry for her? Not a single person, most importantly Shaun or Nicole's mom, called her out. No wonder Nicole's a huge brat. Her mom saw her as the victim in that scenario. 

It was amazing me to no addressed that literal elephant in the room. The fact that she cheated on him TWICE and is physically abusive was over looked because he didn't Skype in for a phone call. He can just find another stupid American to use for citizenship and money. He don't need Nicole.

When Molly told Andrrrrrei "there he is talking for her again" if I was Elizabeth I would have said "that's sometimes how he shows his love and protection; of course you wouldn't know what that looks like" She needed to shut her fat trap. No one there had any room to offer opinions or relationship advice.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, Suzywriter said:
On 12/18/2017 at 9:38 PM, keetmommy said:

Still think Mikayla is in love with Evelyn even though she says she isnt..

Mikayla actually thought that her opinion should matter in someone elses engagement. David Spain was right. She needs to find a man or a dog or a degree program to focus on, and stop demanding that she be handled with kid gloves while sticking her nose where it did not belong.

I think they all got a kick out of playing their parts, all in an effort to promote The Band.

10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

They need to play hardball. That means that they need to leave her to her own devices and then watch her like a hawk until she screws up, which she will do. It's a tricky walk filled with land mines, but it's their only choice. Then, they need to get custody of May. It won't be hard. And, a frustrated Nicole might easily make an ass out of herself in court, especially if Mama knows which buttons to push.

The idea won't be to take May away from Nicole completely. I think Nicole can be an okay mother. May could even continue to live with Nicole when she acts right.  But the minute Nicole decides to go running of to another country after some other guy, which she will, Robbalee will have the authority to say, "Fine, do what you want, but May is staying right here."

Mr. Guilfoyle was saying this same thing (about letting her sink or swim). 

10 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

With family like that, does anyone wonder why Nicole jumped at the first man who showed her some kindness? Nobody in Nicole's family ever even smiles at her. They greet her with dire predictions disguised as concern. It's vicious.

They are full of eye-rolling snark, and constantly use her to make themselves feel superior. I wanted to kick them all.

You know, you have a point here and it came back to me when Nicole's sister was saying that if her husband had ever said to her once that he wasn't totally attracted to her, she wouldn't be married to him.

Nicole is used to being heard that she's unattractive so she accepts it. It's far from the worst thing she's heard. She wants to be shown off and adored because that never happens to her. And she smirks when she gets her way by using her child as a hostage because she finally does have that leverage. 

And the fact that she's attached herself to this guy who doesn't like her at all makes me sad. She accepts his words and not his actions because no one has ever demonstrated what acceptance looks like. 

I do still think she needs to be better for her. And for May. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

It's not up to them to 'try to get her to think' of anything by constantly tearing her down and 'what if'-ing. The superior 'I'm just trying to help' excuse for being mean doesn't justify the way that Robbalee and her branch of the family never say anything nice or show any enthusiasm for anything about Nicole.  There is never even 'It's good to see you!" or "Oh, you look nice today! What a pretty outfit!" The unsmiling disapproval and unnecessary opinions from mom, stepdad, sister and brother is hard to watch.

The bottom line is that her family does not like her. The whining and demanding is her way of trying to matter to them. It just feeds the cycle of emotional abuse.

If they really wanted to 'help', they would be telling her "It's great how you work so hard to support your child" and "You are so brave to go to a new country alone!", even if they don't approve. Instead, they enable, and treat her as though every encounter is their one chance to save her from herself by framing their fear and disapproval as something she did wrong. After all, "what if"?? 

It's her life. They have every right to not participate in her shenanegans, but they don't have to be so critical and mean.  Does never smiling and making up stuff to worry about ("Anything can happen to you in a foriegn country!") benefit Nicole or May? Nope. It just keeps them feeling like whatever they do is wrong.

She has a daughter now.  And she's spending her money, someone's money, chasing after the hot guy.  In addition to the money she's spending on hot guy, she's also spent 5 weeks away from her young daughter to chase hot guy.  And then disrupted her daughter's life to have her in Morocco to chase hot guy.  And she's now had Mae call 2 men daddy.  She needs family members to be blunt with her.  In fact, they need to stop enabling her altogether.  What exactly is mean about questioning why she's chasing after someone who doesn't love her, spending money on someone that doesn't love her instead of putting that money away for her daughter?  If it was your daughter putting your granddaughter's well being at risk would you say nothing?  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 18
18 minutes ago, Boofish said:

It was amazing me to no addressed that literal elephant in the room. The fact that she cheated on him TWICE and is physically abusive was over looked because he didn't Skype in for a phone call. He can just find another stupid American to use for citizenship and money. He don't need Nicole.

I agree so much.  A man getting up on stage, admitting he has cheated twice then getting physical with a woman?  Hello?  Common sense, line one!

14 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:
10 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Mr. Guilfoyle was saying this same thing (about letting her sink or swim). 

10 hours ago, Suzywriter said:

You know, you have a point here and it came back to me when Nicole's sister was saying that if her husband had ever said to her once that he wasn't totally attracted to her, she wouldn't be married to him.

Nicole is used to being heard that she's unattractive so she accepts it. It's far from the worst thing she's heard. She wants to be shown off and adored because that never happens to her. And she smirks when she gets her way by using her child as a hostage because she finally does have that leverage. 

And the fact that she's attached herself to this guy who doesn't like her at all makes me sad. She accepts his words and not his actions because no one has ever demonstrated what acceptance looks like. 

I do still think she needs to be better for her. And for May.

Bolding mine, I only meant to quote the bolded text:  You know, She is in Florida, the fourth most populous state.  She is not in Left Foot Nebraska.  There HAS to be a good, working class guy who will be faithful, kind and respectful towards her and May and be a true dad to May.  He may not be as "hot" as Azan ( I don't find him that cute but hey) but stability goes a long way.  It does with me now and yes it did with me when I was younger.  ANd call me odd but if a guy said, on camera no less, that he was only attracted to me 55% (or whatever the number was) I would be so horrified I would bail.

• Love 10