Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

In the season premiere, couples who have their K-1 visa now begin their journey to the altar as their foreign mates travel to the U.S. and have 90 days to get married or leave the country, but some wait in limbo for visa approval.

Just now, Mr. Minor said:

Did this fucking cow just ask Mae if she wanted to daddy?

Yep. She doesn't deserve that precious child.  What a sad life Mae has and always will with that scumbag for a mother. In a very few years, she'll surpass her in intelligence so maybe she can raise herself up into a decent, productive human. 

1 minute ago, Standard Staples said:

I don't make enough money to support a family, so I'm going to make ultimatums revolving around your granddaughter to make sure you pay for it. Why? Because I want it, and I want it right now.

Yep, using her child as hostage to her grandparents to get her way. 

• Love 20

does Nicole live in a motel? It looked like the bed was right next to the entrance. And she can't afford the visa, so she emotionally blackmails her idiot father into sponsoring a guy who said "take care" to her when she left. Move over, Danielle, Nicole is moving in...

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, NinaH said:

In a very few years, she'll surpass her in intelligence so maybe she can raise herself up into a decent, productive human.

I feel like she’s already there...she can’t drive yet or get a job, but I think the child is smarter than her mother.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, kacesq said:

does Nicole live in a motel? It looked like the bed was right next to the entrance. And she can't afford the visa, so she emotionally blackmails her idiot father into sponsoring a guy who said "take care" to her when she left. Move over, Danielle, Nicole is moving in...

It really does look like the Bates Motel, with a hand painted A taped over the door number... 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Did this fucking cow just ask Mae if she wanted to see daddy?

I genuinely hope we get to see a nice news piece interviewing Mae 25-30 years from now, talking about everything she had to overcome in her childhood to become someone incredible.

Edited by Standard Staples
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I feel like she’s already there...she can’t drive yet or get a job, but I think the child is smarter than her mother.

Maybe Azan and his family will be good for Mae. I feel bad for her grandparents, but they are the ones that raised Nicole to be a big fat baby, so family Azan can hopefully break the cycle. 

• Love 10

So David doesn't have any money and his fiancée has dollar signs in her eyes. I'm in, especially if we get more fabulous side eye from David's best friend's wife.

Side note...wow, the Duggar promo shows marriages and babies. How unusual for them. And the promos for Meet the Putnams scream creepy to me.

• Love 21

So the 48 year old guy has no money ? I don't get it. 

Nicole and azan are Dani and mo 2.0. when her dad and stepmom voiced their concerns, her face couldn't have said I don't care any louder. Mae calls azan daddy? Ugh. Who thinks she will get a job? Anyone? Anyone? 

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, kacesq said:

So David doesn't have any money and his fiancée has dollar signs in her eyes. I'm in, especially if we get more fabulous side eye from David's best friend's wife.

Side note...wow, the Duggar promo shows marriages and babies. How unusual for them. And the promos for Meet the Putnams scream creepy to me.

The girl literally said her dream was to get to America. Not to find love. Not to marry a wonderful man. Certainly not marry this guy that she loves "90%, maybe."

Just to get to America.

• Love 9

Nicole's mom is a legitimate enigma. She has been the voice of reason every step of the way (she even just called Nicole out for holding the family hostage!)... and yet somehow she raised Nicole to be this person. But she also raised the son, who seems to have his head on pretty straight. Very confused.

Now Nicole is going to drag Mae to Morocco for TWO MONTHS to see "Daddy." At least the production crew will be there to watch Mae when Nicole decides to throw down with Azan again.

• Love 17

Father Nicole – now I know where the stupid came from. The apple doesn’t fall far from that tree.  BTW Where the heck is Nicole living in? A motel?

I feel so bad for that little girl that she has an idiot for a mother.

• Love 12
Just now, Standard Staples said:

Nicole's mom is a legitimate enigma. She has been the voice of reason every step of the way (she even just called Nicole out for holding the family hostage!)... and yet somehow she raised Nicole to be this person. But she also raised the son, who seems to have his head on pretty straight. Very confused.

Now Nicole is going to drag Mae to Morocco for TWO MONTHS to see "Daddy." At least the production crew will be there to watch Mae when Nicole decides to throw down with Azan again.

Maybe it's Tyler's fault, he's a grown man version of Nicole.  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Standard Staples said:

What could possibly go wrong?

• Love 14

Where the fuck does Nicole get the money to travel overseas and stay there for months? And if one of the condition s of sponsorship is to get a job, how will that happen if she is in Morocco?

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 24

Molly – you stupid idiot listen to your daughter  - she is the voice of reason.  Have a boi toi and jsut be done with it. Why do you need to marry?

David – Annie is using you for $$ you don’t have. You stupid putz. You are another Jorge.

Why are Americans on TLC so stupid? Is it a requirement to be on TLC for gawd’s sake ??

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

Where the fuck does Nicole get the money to travel overseas and stay there for months? And if one of the condition s of sponsorship is to get a job, how will that happen if she is in Morocco?

Simple: TLC. After the dumpster fire the two of them delivered last season, the production team is salivating at what else they can get from them. Flights, accommodations and meals are a tiny price to pay for that kind of TV gold.

And your second question... you can ask Nicole logical questions! She wants Azan, and she wants him now! Details/true love/reality be damned.

• Love 10
13 minutes ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

a) What kind of 48 year old dude who wants to get married only has $1,500 to spare? It seems like the latest in a series of poor decisions.

It doesn’t even sound like the $1,500 is his. Is he living off his friend’s money?  I hope the friend doesn’t give him more. 

She wants 500000 Baht, which is like $15,000.  She is not worth it. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 8

I'm sending out a preemptive STFU to the fiance of the 18 year old who tells the 18 year old's friend that she "sounds like someone who doesn't date" when the friend sensibly pointed out that the chick was only 18.

i too felt bad for Molly's daughter. God knows how many mistakes with men she's seen her mom make and now she has to deal with cameras as well.

• Love 8

Molly (41 going on 52) you have two daughters and you want to bring a 21 year old boy, full of hormones into your home where your 17-year old lives.  Your home and the 70K Infiniti SUV parked outside look nice.  You co-own your own boutique.  Great.  But you are a desperate housewife who must impress her family by marrying a bartender from a poor country.   That has failure written all over it.   But at least that poor guy will have a chance at upgrading his life a little bit.

Molly also thinks that she will take her little brat to New York and that Luis will stay sitting at home.

Elizabeth, your family treats you like the baby of the family because you sound like a child.  You want to be the rebel and decided that the best way to do this is to marry a foreigner.   What’s up with your curly upper lip.   She sounds like a brat because she’s daddy’s little girl and she exploits that.  “money doesn’t define love”  I want to slap her in the mouth.

Nicole and Azan again.  I don’t know if I could write about them at all.  She’s repulsive and manipulative.  Side note for her mother, she didn’t get like that last week.  She was raised like that and now you are seeing the repercussions.  Nicole also loved sticking it to her Mom telling her that Daddy and Stepmom will sponsor Azan.   Nicole craves attention all the time and she manufactures these situations where she could be the subject.   Nicole’s younger brother has more sense than her.

Annie needs to wash her feet and have them treated at a beauty parlor before going on camera.   But if I need to buy a used car, I will ask her to negotiate for me.   I have a $20 that says that the dowry is some made up story by Sharp Entertainment.

I love Chris’s wife and her no-nonsense and direct way of speaking.

Another season of garbage and couples with no future and no chance of “making it” in the long run.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Father Nicole – now I know where the stupid came from. The apple doesn’t fall far from that tree.  BTW Where the heck is Nicole living in? A motel?

I feel so bad for that little girl that she has an idiot for a mother.

Nicole lived in that motel when she first appeared last season. I think it’s subsidized housing that was once a motel. 

• Love 7

Nicole reminds me of my niece who recently got into criminal trouble and her court appointed defense attorney petition the court to pay for her to undergo a forensic psychological exam because her mental age didn't seem to be the same as her physical age When it came back, the psychologist determined her mental and emotional age to be 11, the same age she was when she was when she was hit by a car and suffered a brain injury. He also said that she could be talked into anything. Send a cute boy to talk to her and she would be robbing convenience stores with a gun or trafficking guns and drugs. An eleven year old would know not to do those things. He also said she meets every criteria to become a victim of human sex trafficing.

All that to say, I think Nicole has something wrong with her. She doesn't act her age and is the perfect person for a child molester to date. She would move into her home with her daughter and look the other way as she is abused, because he takes care of her. I think that lowly of her.

10 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Why are Americans on TLC so stupid? Is it a requirement to be on TLC for gawd’s sake ??

Yes, yes it is. They don't want people who aren't willing to act stupid on television.

• Love 15
3 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Was I the only one who couldn’t wait for the wife to speak to see if she was a foreign bride too?

Definitely not! AND there were definitely some knowing looks between Mr. Guilfoyle and I when Chris said he sent his friend to Thailand to get over his awful marriage.  Um, yeah. I mean, it's not like bangkok is known for sex tourism or anything.

• Love 23
7 minutes ago, Christina said:

Nicole reminds me of my niece who recently got into criminal trouble and her court appointed defense attorney petition the court to pay for her to undergo a forensic psychological exam because her mental age didn't seem to be the same as her physical age When it came back, the psychologist determined her mental and emotional age to be 11, the same age she was when she was when she was hit by a car and suffered a brain injury. He also said that she could be talked into anything. Send a cute boy to talk to her and she would be robbing convenience stores with a gun or trafficking guns and drugs. An eleven year old would know not to do those things. He also said she meets every criteria to become a victim of human sex trafficing.

All that to say, I think Nicole has something wrong with her. She doesn't act her age and is the perfect person for a child molester to date. She would move into her home with her daughter and look the other way as she is abused, because he takes care of her. I think that lowly of her.

Nicole has something wrong with her but she is far too manipulative to use any kind of mental age excuse. I think she is truly just selfish, narcissistic and basically the epitome of the stereotypical Millennial. Me first attitude. I deserve everything without working for it attitude. As someone that is technically considered a Millennial, she truly defines the worst parts of "my" generation.

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Omg.  Nicole and her smug face and one shoulder shrug makes me feel violent. 

Nicole gives off the self-satisfied, smug air of a gigantic toddler who just learned to flush the toilet. She is painfully and aggressively stupid and makes the wrong decisions at every turn. My heart breaks for her mother but I wonder what part she had in Nicole's upbringing that helped create this huge walking Id, whose only focus in life is to glut and get her rocks off at the expense of anyone around her. Maybe her parents tried to one up each other with the whole "Well, if your mom/dad won't give it to you, I will!" In any case, it's waaaaaaaaay too late for her, and frankly, who cares? The only victim here is her precious little girl. I think seeing her being walked on a leash is Nicole's parenting in a nutshell. She pulled on that little girl as if she was an animal, it really made me feel sick to see. She is disgusting and should be ashamed of her actions, but she's not and she won't be, because that would take thought and introspection - two things that would take Nicole's mind off of her favorite subject - NICOLE! 

From what I remember, Azan didn't seem like a bad kid, but my god did he pick a rotten apple. I'd bet 35 cents his family (who also seemed lovely and welcoming) probably asked her about where her daughter was ... which lead Nicole to make the genius choice to bring her toddler to a foreign country for 2 months. I bet she dumps her off on his family and doesn't see her for the next 8 weeks. 

I just feel SO BAD for that little girl. It's not her fault her mom is garbage. 

Also, yeah. Nicole has packed on about another 40 lbs. She's not "a little big" anymore, sonny Jim.

Edited by Bugfrey Von
  • Love 19

Molly seems to be doing well; she has a beautiful home and an expensive car.  I have a feeling her older daughter has been down this road many, many times and is understandably weary. 

I don't trust Elizabeth's fiancé. He remembered to ask about the status of his visa, but conveniently forgot about his criminal record.  I think she is making a big mistake. 

• Love 9

Dave is just a pathetic, man child. Maybe I'm reading into what he said too much, but my impression is that he thinks the divorce was the reason for loss of house, job, and his every penny. Lots of people get divorced, and maybe it creates challenges but get through it like adults! 

What is Chris getting out of this friendship?? Dave is a desperate putz, who needs Chris to financially support him. I find his total lack of pride or desire to man up more of a turn off than his looks. No money, no charm, no personality. He reminds me of a guy I dated in the 90's...total loser.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Awfarmington said:

Dave is just a pathetic, man child. Maybe I'm reading into what he said too much, but my impression is that he thinks the divorce was the reason for loss of house, job, and his every penny. Lots of people get divorced, and maybe it creates challenges but get through it like adults! 

What is Chris getting out of this friendship?? Dave is a desperate putz, who needs Chris to financially support him. I find his total lack of pride or desire to man up more of a turn off than his looks. No money, no charm, no personality. He reminds me of a guy I dated in the 90's...total loser.

I am confused about Dave. So he got a divorce lost his job and home,then got on a plane to Thailand? Has he been there ever since? How does he support himself? He hasn't seen his kids in a long time? Did I hear that right? 

I don't know what to make of Elizabeth, so I'll withhold judgement . She works for dad so that's going to be awkward. 

• Love 6