Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On 12/20/2017 at 9:15 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Ok I am watching the 3 hour special and Nicole looks a lot heavier now, or maybe it is just me? That girl will be on 600 pound life before she knows it. Also you think after 2 months in Morocco homegirl would have lost some weight.

Oh, she's definitely heavier. Noticeably so. I would hazard to guess that she's gained 50 to 100 pounds since we saw her on Before the 90 Days. What's worse, to me, is that she delights in the weight she's gained because of the consternation and tension is causes with Azan and with her own family.

• Love 9
On 12/21/2017 at 8:01 AM, jackjill89 said:

Why can't they? I don't think it would take long for Nicole to come back, tail between her legs. At that point, they could set up some real boundaries. 

It wouldn't be easy. But if they could suck it up and do it, it would probably be the best thing for all of them.

They won't though, and the family will keep up this ridiculous, damaging song and dance. May is going to grow up to be every bit as lazy, entitled and spoiled as her mom. 

Maybe not, though. She might grow up and realize how her mother has fucked up and decide not to do things the way her mother did. It may produce a great deal more motivation and drive in May. I know it's less likely because children tend to model their parents' behaviour, but I'm going to cling to my hope in this instance.

• Love 7
On 12/21/2017 at 8:24 AM, Adiba said:

Perhaps they have tried this approach in the past and it did not work? I don't think Nicole is the sharpest tool in the shed, but I don't think she is below average IQ, jmo. She seems smart enough to maybe trade or sell a gift card at a discount for cash.

Nicole strikes me as someone with a toddler emotional development--who may be oppositional no matter how fair and reasonable a compromise may be, she'll want her way--just because.

I don't think Nicole is unteachable, but the learning may have to come from a third party (not her mother) or from like's hard knocks in order to sink in.

This is what I think, too. Clearly, her locus of control is entirely external. This usually shifts to an internal locus of control as you grow up, make mistakes, learn lessons, and gain maturity. Whatever Nicole's parents have done while raising her, it certainly hasn't allowed her to learn from her mistakes and gain maturity. I've made remarks about her weight before, but the fact of the matter is that with her maturity level, she could look like Heather Locklear and I'd still tell her to GTFO. It's her inner person who is truly ugly and, in my opinion, dislikes herself; her weight is just an exterior signal reflecting her inner life.

• Love 5
On 12/19/2017 at 1:00 AM, magemaud said:

Who the hell makes a big deal about their 28th birthday? It’s not like it’s some kind of milestone. 

Anyone else think there's a solid chance David Pour doesn't even KNOW the birthdays of his own kids?

(It happens. My own mother called me two days before my 28th birthday to ask "HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE 30????" Um, ma? Do you have a 30 yr old kid I don't know about? Because stop pressuring me to be older! lol Almost 20 yrs later, she still doesn't get it right, but she's within a week.)

• Love 11

I've been super busy this week so haven't seen all the footage (even yet).  However, on the rerun last night I did catch Ashley at David Poor's wedding.  What appalling behavior!!!  So childish at 28 to be whining about "it's my birthday and should be about me."  I understand the anger at her dad, but (a) that was not the appropriate venue and (b) nobody who is an adult should be concerned about not getting a pony for their birthday (figuratively speaking). 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, vmcd88 said:

Did Molly's daughter/family know she was already legally married?

Per her reaction on the show, no, but who knows if that's real.  It seems that not even Molly was convinced.  "It's all so confusing, a blur!"

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I wouldn't trust Nicole to put a thermometer up my dog's ass and I definitely wouldn't like to see her coming toward my head with scissors. 

That said, I don't think her family should be throwing her under on tv. And before everybody gets all, "SHE CHOSE TO BE ON TV SO SHE DESERVES IT," would anybody here really talk so much shit about your child on tv when they beg you not to? I've had my fair share of issues with my kid but I would never gang up on her on national television or talk about her to tabloids, write a book, etc. Robalee is Nicole's mother. She should protect her and deal with their issues privately. Not try to publicly humiliate her. If this is how Nicole was raised, under constant scrutiny from the person who is supposed to love her the most, no wonder she's delayed and making poor choices. Her mom probably talked shit about her to the entire town over every poor choice she made. Wow. 

Little brother is annoying as hell. Ok, kid, we get it. You're the little Hercules of the family. They probably sit around the dinner table and chant and clap, "Hercules! Hercules!" while he shoves food in his face and then smugly tells Nicole how much better and smarter he is. This family kind of disgusts me with the disloyalty to Nicole, when they know she has issues. They aren't making things better.

Honestly? Yes and no. I wouldn't be mean about it, but I would state the facts. I believe that everyone has to take responsibility for themselves, their choices, and their actions. I also believe that everyone has a reckoning where the problems they're currently creating or delaying dealing with will no longer be put off and will no longer remain contained as a series of "local brush fires" that can be managed without some personal growth. The more a person refuses to deal with reality, refuses to make choices based upon reality, and refuses to grow personally, the more frequently they'll experience these reckonings and those reckonings will be all the more devastating as time goes by. So if it had been me on the couch instead of Robbalee, I would've come right out and stated what the situation is and how much Nicole is sending to Azan. Choices have consequences and it's well past time that Nicole start accepting that reality and start dealing with the consequences.

• Love 15
18 hours ago, lovesnark said:

That's a great idea. If she trades them for cash, you know she'll be calling her parents again claiming she lost them or something. In that case, if Nicole calls whining that May has outgrown her shoes and/or clothes and they don't have any food in the house, grandma can take May shopping for new things and some food. No more giving money or gift cards to Nicole so she can send it Azan or spend it all at Burger King. I wonder if Nicole would qualify for free or low cost schooling? She could certainly learn a trade of some sort and would probably qualify for free childcare for May while she was in school. That could be another bargaining tool for her parents. You stay in school, we'll help you a little until you finish and find work. But, the help won't be in the form of cash.

Personally, I think it's time to let Nicole sink or swim entirely on her own. When she starts to sink and her sinking portends bad things happening to May, that's when you step in with Child Protective Services and start suing for custody of the child. You can make sure that bad things don't happen to May and still make sure that Nicole suffers the consequences of her poor choices until she learns to make better choices. Yeah, it's tough love, but I just feel like if you gave Nicole gift cards to WalMart or wherever, that she'd still manage to fuck it up and not do right by her daughter. At some point, Nicole needs to face the consequences of not doing right be her daughter, in addition to all of her other poor choices.

15 hours ago, magemaud said:

My daughter lived in a converted motel one year during grad school. It was a single open room, but in the back by the bathroom there was a "kitchenette" so she could cook simple meals. 

But I came here to post this picture of the first of two major eye rolls by Nicole when Robbalee was asking her how she planned on supporting three people on her minimum wage salary:

Nicole.jpg

And this is precisely why her parents and friends should stop giving her any money whatsoever. She doesn't have the first damned clue about what things really cost and how much money it actually takes to support herself and her daughter - to say nothing of adding in having to support Azan. I completely agree with @Forum member that Nicole deserves to have someone take a nerf baseball bat to that fivehead until she gets in touch with reality.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, amcfar said:

Okay, so I’m by no means a member of the David Pour Fan Club; but I actually felt badly for him when his daughter started causing a scene at his wedding. A wedding is not the time or the place to start acting rude and loud because you don’t feel that the wedding should be taking place. If you feel that strongly about it, don’t go! It’s really quite simple. If you make the choice to attend a wedding - regardless of whether or not you feel it’s a marriage that will last - you wish the bride and groom well and congratulate them. It’s not about you; it’s about the couple getting married.

It really bothered me when Molly called out Andrei (“There he goes, speaking for her.”). I really don’t think Molly is in any position to call out other women’s husbands as being bossy/controlling. Just sayin.’

Agreed. We did, too. She's let her objections and issues be known. If she can't keep her mouth shut at the wedding, then just don't go.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Me neither.  My brother is a trainer for real and he would NEVER talk to client/person that way.

Hell, I'm not a trainer for real and even *I* wouldn't talk to someone like that. I also wouldn't get someone as big as Nicole doing any really hard exertion, either. Getting her moving and getting her diet under control would be where I would start. Once she's lost some weight and gotten her heart used to working a little harder than is required for sleeping or sitting on the couch and moving potato chips from the bag to the mouth, then I'd think she'd be ready for something more strenuous. Throwing someone like Nicole in "at the deep end" and expecting her to do a bunch of cardio and strength training is likely to quite literally give her a heart attack!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Meh, birthdays aren't big in our family.  I also give her a huge out - I was adopted and it's not like she was THERE when I was born lol

She tries :) 

A thought that just occurred to me, instead of her trying to get your BIRTHday right, why not celebrate the date of your adoption? That would at least be a date she'd be able to get right and I would think it would still make you feel remembered and loved.

18 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

All of that to say this:  Nicole needs to be allowed to fail.  Not to starve . . . but to learn that adults have to prioritize wisely so they can be independent.  You can't take money from Mommy and then tell Mommy to be quiet when she complains - even on national television.  Dr. Phil says, "You teach people how to treat you."  Mom and Dad need to teach Nicole that they're not her unending bank account.  Mom and Dad have to get on the same page, and then they have to stick to their guns. 

Now stepping down from my soapbox.

Precisely the bolded part. So succinctly put, @AZChristian! Making mistakes and experiencing failures are character-building events. Not allowing children to make mistakes and experience failure makes them expect they never will and makes them afraid to make mistakes.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, MrSmith said:
42 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

All of that to say this:  Nicole needs to be allowed to fail.  Not to starve . . . but to learn that adults have to prioritize wisely so they can be independent.  You can't take money from Mommy and then tell Mommy to be quiet when she complains - even on national television.  Dr. Phil says, "You teach people how to treat you."  Mom and Dad need to teach Nicole that they're not her unending bank account.  Mom and Dad have to get on the same page, and then they have to stick to their guns. 

Precisely the bolded part. So succinctly put, @AZChristian! Making mistakes and experiencing failures are character-building events. Not allowing children to make mistakes and experience failure makes them expect they never will and makes them afraid to make mistakes.

Yep - let them fail.  Otherwise you will have a case like my ex's cousin.....still a big toddler at the age of 40 with nothing to show for it.  No home, no nothing, parents were mortgaging their home to pay for his bills.  Ish.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, MrSmith said:

So if it had been me on the couch instead of Robbalee, I would've come right out and stated what the situation is and how much Nicole is sending to Azan.

Yes, I agree with this philosophy.  Nicole needed her mother to be a part of the train wreck of a show, so she should have accepted that her mother might say some things Nicole didn't want to disclose.  There is a very sick co-dependent relationship going on there.  Someone close to me had an addiction problem and has worked hard to pull their life together and done a splendid job.  They told me that now they do not lie because the lies help hide bad behaviors and keep them sick.  When you don't lie you have to deal with life and allow others to call you out if you aren't doing the right thing.  I think it would do Nicole good if her family stopped lying and covering for her.  In fact, it would do them all some good.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, spankydoll said:

As far as the money is concerned I do believe that Azan should share in the profits from being on the show. He's making a big ass of himself on national television like all of the other folks. Its pretty awful that TLC has determined that the foreign participants should work for free.  

You know, you are right--Nicole has no story without Azan. Also, why isn't he paid separately from Nicole --because all the filming has been done in Morrocco so far? The same goes for any of the other foreign participants who are filmed outside of the US.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

SISTER!! My handle at TWOP was Pepper Mostly, same as here! I hung out in a number of forums at TWOP, but Showbiz Moms and Dads (and the followup, Sports Kids Moms and Dads) were my absolute favorites. Just the other day I said "Oh, he's big in Belgium" about someone, and of course I was giggling like a lunatic and no one got it. Its a lonely life. Snerk. 

When I got married (1987) I bought a white cotton peasant dress in Filene's Basement for $75. It wasn't a wedding dress, but it was white, a style I loved to wear, and was perfect for a casual outdoor wedding. I got shoes for $20, also in FB. I cannot imagine spending thousands on a wedding dress. 

I was Jazzie Cazzie there. Because I knew that before long some of the greatness that was TWOP would no longer be found on the internet, I actually cut-and-paste Glark's two-party story of the famous "CALL OF DOOM" he received from one of the SBMD moms. Possibly the single-funniest post (albeit two-part post) EVAH on TWOP. Yeah, I still have it. When I'm really down in the dumps and need a laugh I re-read it.

My other favorite "hangs" there were "Toddlers and Tiaras" (we got a time out when a convo about weirdly enhanced pageant photos got out of hand) and also ... what was the show ... "Paradise Hotel," I think? There was actually a marriage that came out of that thread ... two of the posters fell in love and got married. I hope the reception was TWOP-themed. I BELIEVE at least one of them came to PTV but can't recall name offhand. That crew of posters were some good snarky people and a few total freaks. (A lot of them also were on the Bachelor/ette boards during, say, the Mered/Ian era ... so they're probably still around but I bet there's overlap with 90DF!)

(Uh oh ... does this qualify as "boards on boards"? If so, apologies, Drogo!!!)

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, amcfar said:

Okay, so I’m by no means a member of the David Pour Fan Club; but I actually felt badly for him when his daughter started causing a scene at his wedding. A wedding is not the time or the place to start acting rude and loud because you don’t feel that the wedding should be taking place. If you feel that strongly about it, don’t go! It’s really quite simple. If you make the choice to attend a wedding - regardless of whether or not you feel it’s a marriage that will last - you wish the bride and groom well and congratulate them. It’s not about you; it’s about the couple getting married.

It really bothered me when Molly called out Andrei (“There he goes, speaking for her.”). I really don’t think Molly is in any position to call out other women’s husbands as being bossy/controlling. Just sayin.’

I kind of feel bad for him but I've been super sensitive about these assholes lately. I particularly felt bad during the tell all. It seemed like even when he said something that made perfect sense, people would jump all over his ass. I don't like Antonio. He's just mean. And then to top it off, Annie says that if something happens and he can't walk anymore and can't support her, she will leave. Well that's not what marriage is. She should have chosen a healthier and younger man. She couldnt though because she's no prize either so she should zip it about what she deserves. 

I also felt bad for Nicole when she added to the conversation about what Luis said to Olivia and how innappropriate it was, and then Molly yells at her about taking May to Morocco. I don't see how that had anything to do with what Luis said to Olivia. 

3 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Honestly? Yes and no. I wouldn't be mean about it, but I would state the facts. I believe that everyone has to take responsibility for themselves, their choices, and their actions. I also believe that everyone has a reckoning where the problems they're currently creating or delaying dealing with will no longer be put off and will no longer remain contained as a series of "local brush fires" that can be managed without some personal growth. The more a person refuses to deal with reality, refuses to make choices based upon reality, and refuses to grow personally, the more frequently they'll experience these reckonings and those reckonings will be all the more devastating as time goes by. So if it had been me on the couch instead of Robbalee, I would've come right out and stated what the situation is and how much Nicole is sending to Azan. Choices have consequences and it's well past time that Nicole start accepting that reality and start dealing with the consequences.

I think it's the public shaming that I wouldn't do. I would address all these issues in private and sadly I'd have to sit back and watch my daughter prove what a loser she is on national tv. I wouldn't spread more negative comments about her. But I wouldn't be on the show at all if my daughter did this and I wouldn't enable her. 

• Love 7
40 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Okay BUT he has to stop saying "like"

Counted 27 times on conversation

I get what you're saying but I think the people who speak English as their first language need to be the first to stop with the "Likes."  Azan and Andrei are guilty of using like a lot, but they both speak at least two languages fluently.  I can stumble around in another language, but would do nowhere near as well as these two do in their second languages.  I can give them a break.  Now the American idiots who say it really drive me nuts!!

• Love 10
On 12/21/2017 at 8:21 AM, gonecrackers said:

I think the picture was pointing out that May is sleeping right next to an exposed outlet. As a safety freak that horrified me. She could hit it even by accident in her sleep. Plastic covers for outlets are widely & easily available, so there's no excuse for this.

My better half is an electrician.

There is no danger unless May puts something in the outlets, or puts her fingers in each of the outlets.

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

My better half is an electrician.

There is no danger unless May puts something in the outlets, or puts her fingers in each of the outlets.

Hopefully she's taught her well; but this is Nicole as mom we're talking about. Kids do get curious about things adults don't consider interesting.

7 hours ago, Kath94 said:

Per her reaction on the show, no, but who knows if that's real.  It seems that not even Molly was convinced.  "It's all so confusing, a blur!"

I'm still trying to decide if Luis pulled a fast one on her with this. The "let's just get the paperwork over with" excuse when, in actuality, he knew he couldn't hide his true colors for very long so he wanted to go ahead and lock himself in while things were still looking good. And Molly really DID just look at it as one more step in the paperwork process, until she sat back and realized, "Well, SHIT. I'm married now."

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Hey hookedontv:  I was trying to be nice!!  LOL!  (Hey......I am trying.)  But I see your point.   Maybe greeting at the front desk?  I did that one summer at a car dealership and LOVED it.  Then again, I did have to multitask so.....maybe not.

It's all good Mrs. Hanson!! All in good fun lol, these forums are the best part of watching the show! 

• Love 2
Just now, hookedontv said:

It's all good Mrs. Hanson!! All in good fun lol, these forums are the best part of watching the show! 

Yes!!  All in good fun.  Yes the forums are the best part.  Such witty people here.  Trying to be nice Nicole......it was hard, I tell ya! I see Nicole as being no more than a part timer and if she should score a FT job she will find a way to lose it or get fired.  "It just wasn't me....."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I was Jazzie Cazzie there. Because I knew that before long some of the greatness that was TWOP would no longer be found on the internet, I actually cut-and-paste Glark's two-party story of the famous "CALL OF DOOM" he received from one of the SBMD moms. Possibly the single-funniest post (albeit two-part post) EVAH on TWOP. Yeah, I still have it. When I'm really down in the dumps and need a laugh I re-read it.

My other favorite "hangs" there were "Toddlers and Tiaras" (we got a time out when a convo about weirdly enhanced pageant photos got out of hand) and also ... what was the show ... "Paradise Hotel," I think? There was actually a marriage that came out of that thread ... two of the posters fell in love and got married. I hope the reception was TWOP-themed. I BELIEVE at least one of them came to PTV but can't recall name offhand. That crew of posters were some good snarky people and a few total freaks. (A lot of them also were on the Bachelor/ette boards during, say, the Mered/Ian era ... so they're probably still around but I bet there's overlap with 90DF!)

(Uh oh ... does this qualify as "boards on boards"? If so, apologies, Drogo!!!)

OMG! YAGHTZEEE!! Paradise hotel and the charbies!!! funniest stuff I have ever read.

Back to 90 day--I have a daughter with a lot of developmental delays and I recognize the frustrations i see with her Mom--the only differecne is my 24 year old doesnt drive and would never fly alone....so that keeps her more grounded. I hope May turns out ok because she is a cutie.... funny how kids grow up with what they know--my daughter is obsessed with veggies because she grew up with them and I feel so lucly about that.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

Hell, I'm not a trainer for real and even *I* wouldn't talk to someone like that. I also wouldn't get someone as big as Nicole doing any really hard exertion, either. Getting her moving and getting her diet under control would be where I would start. Once she's lost some weight and gotten her heart used to working a little harder than is required for sleeping or sitting on the couch and moving potato chips from the bag to the mouth, then I'd think she'd be ready for something more strenuous. Throwing someone like Nicole in "at the deep end" and expecting her to do a bunch of cardio and strength training is likely to quite literally give her a heart attack!

Oh yea that will just lead to injury and someone being in so much pain they will never work out again. One needs to be gentle and encouraging, it is a huge adjustment for someone that size. It is also a pet peeve of mine when people make comments or stare at the larger folks at the gym, they are trying to make a change and it doesn't happen overnight so no need to be so mean.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Normades said:

I get what you're saying but I think the people who speak English as their first language need to be the first to stop with the "Likes."  Azan and Andrei are guilty of using like a lot, but they both speak at least two languages fluently.  I can stumble around in another language, but would do nowhere near as well as these two do in their second languages.  I can give them a break.  Now the American idiots who say it really drive me nuts!!

Azan actually speaks three languages: Arabic, French and English. Also, I think he said he wants to be a trainer, not that he is a trainer. And he seemed more patient with NIcole than most people would have been with such a lazy cow. Has anyone here learned anything about why he wasn't at the reunion? Tell all, please!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, MrSmith said:

A thought that just occurred to me, instead of her trying to get your BIRTHday right, why not celebrate the date of your adoption? That would at least be a date she'd be able to get right and I would think it would still make you feel remembered and loved.

She does send very thoughtful cards on my "Gotcha Day" - she "celebrates" both the day they took me home, and the day I became theirs legally.  It is quite sweet.  But I've learned to never ask her how old I am because she really has zero idea hahahaha 

But back to David and Daughter David and the birthday wedding... I still think there's a possibility he actually had forgotten that date was already something "important" in the scope of his family, but also --- even if he knew, I doubt he'd care.  Possibly thinking "Hey, she's 28, she has her own life and own friends and probably already has something planned for that day. She can't be sitting around waiting for me to invite her to something that she doesn't even know is happening on this particular date, can she?"  Either way, he should have extended the invite exactly once, and let it go.  He knew she'd show up and make a scene of sorts.  He may not be close with her, but he HAS met her, so it's not like he would have no idea she's just sit there quietly and move on...

I have so many thoughts about Nicole's behavior on the couch.  So many.  Mostly, she had zero right to sit there and tell MommaRobbalee to "Stahhhhhpppp" when she has seen others with their feet held to the fire (or at least having to endure the wrath of Pao and Loren, which is more accountability than we get from Shaun, so...) and OH HEY NICOLE, IT'S YOUR TURN TO TELL WHAT THE CAMERAS DON'T SHOW.  Would she rather someone ask her why she thought it was okay to get physical with Azan the way she did? Why she thought it was okay to dismiss his warnings that PDA isn't okay in HIS culture?  I'm all about MommaRobba telling the viewing audience that there is more than just Nicole's side to this story.  Nicole's thick skull has very likely not reacted to ANY way that people have tried to get thru to her, and if being sold out on national television was just one other option that MommaRobba had because she was running out of ideas.... well go for it, Momma.  We don't know all the tactics she's tried over the years.  For Nicole to be all "but I had a baby and I came out of that fine, i'll figure it outttttt" when she very likely has exactly zero clue how to live like a functional independent adult is a big ol' pile o' hooey.  The last thing this child needs is more television time.  Get her some professional help.  

• Love 5
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Many years ago, when both of our kids were in their 20s and newly married, we thought it would be a good idea to "help them" by purchasing one house and one condo which they would rent from us.  Upon payment to a certain level, they would be added to the titles, and eventually, we would just do a "quit claim" deed to get ourselves off the paperwork.  Sounds good, right?

Unfortunately, one of them got into drugs and the other divorced and moved a boyfriend in within a year.  NEITHER of our kids had jobs, so guess who wasn't paying rent?  Hubby and I were both working two jobs to cover all the expenses and protect our own credit rating.  I even gave up having a perm at one point because I felt that I couldn't afford it.

So who comes walking into our house with a perm?  Our SON . . . who wasn't paying his rent.  That did it.

We called a meeting and told them, "Effective immediately, the Bank of Mom and Dad is closed.  You must start paying your own expenses immediately, or we will sell your home, and you will have to find someone else who will let you live rent-free.  If you are hungry, you can come over here for dinner, but no money will go from us to you for any reason.  Period."  At that time, each of our kids had a kid of their own.

It was the hardest thing we ever did, but it turned them around.  Daughter and grandson moved in with us temporarily, and she is now happily married to someone else and doing well.  Son and wife then got a divorce (she stayed in the property), and she kept saying she was going to move out of state with our granddaughters.  Then she stopped paying rent.  We sold the house.  She moved to Colorado.  Son is now married to someone else.  They were facing bankruptcy several years ago, and their attorney told them to stop making house payments so the place would go into foreclosure as part of the bankruptcy.  They were told that after all the paperwork was done, if they paid the past-due amount on the mortgage, they could save their home.  So they came to us and asked us to help.  We asked how much they would need.  $17,000!!!  Instead of looking forward and saving those unpaid mortgage payments, they had gone out and spent it all.  We declined to bail them out.  They lost the house.  They have worked their way back from that, and are now doing fine.  And we saved ourselves $17,000 (which I suspect we never would have gotten back).

I adore you. I adore you for trying to be excellent to your kids. I adore you for having built the kind of marriage where you both stood firm on the tough love. But mostly I adore you for having the perm be your tipping point.  Because I get it. Because the perm was a factual, tangible event and it knocked you on the head hard enough to turn the lightbulb on and spur you on to action. And you acted. Bravo

TLC should hire you to do a bootcamp with Nicole. 

• Love 15

Hey, there's this show called Stripped. They take a couple, or three girlfriends, (so far) and take away EVERYTHING they own, leaving them to sleep naked on the floor. Each day they can go to a storage locker 1/2 mile away and take back ONE thing. I watched in On Demand, so I don't even know when or what time it's on, but it's fascinating. And (drum roll!) the people are NOT losers! I love it.

On topic: It is hard to watch people behaving so stupidly, not so much Nicole who seems to be truly stupid, but Molly! how can she be successful in business and totally blind to what Luis is doing to her. I buy the idea that Luis already has a girlfriend in NJ. So sad. 

Edited by Porkchop
trying to make sense!
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, spankydoll said:

I adore you. I adore you for trying to be excellent to your kids. I adore you for having built the kind of marriage where you both stood firm on the tough love. But mostly I adore you for having the perm be your tipping point.  Because I get it. Because the perm was a factual, tangible event and it knocked you on the head hard enough to turn the lightbulb on and spur you on to action. And you acted. Bravo

TLC should hire you to do a bootcamp with Nicole.

Wow. Blushing.

I think Robalee should get the boot camp. LOL.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

She does send very thoughtful cards on my "Gotcha Day"

I was going to post before reading this that I have a friend who uses the term "Gotcha Day" and I'd never heard it before or since (LOVE it) ... is this an oft-used term among the kids who have been adopted? (Or AM ... is that you? I DO know we're both "fans" of 90DF!)

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, magemaud said:

I thought it was interesting watching Antonio's rant against David Poor on the Tell All while everyone else was backstage. When they showed the clip of the argument at Chris's house and Antonio throwing water on David (is that a theme?) almost everyone off stage looked shocked except David Spain was laughing and Nicole reacted like it was the most hilarious thing she had ever seen. Both of them have exhibited a cruel streak before. 

Antonio.  What a low-end piece of garbage.  His behavior was truly appalling, regardless of David's drunken offenses.  And there is something equally disturbing about the sister he was supposedly defending.  Then there's Chris.  I understood what he meant when he explained that paying for David's expenses on their various vacations was for his own (Chris') benefit as well as David's.  Still, he does seem way too over-invested in David.  How long have he and Nikki been together?  He described her as a "strong woman," but she struck me as a bossy bitch, despite the fact that I did agree with her feelings about taking David off the "t." or however she phrased it.  It can't be much fun sharing your husband with a mooch like David - and now Annie.

8 hours ago, Normades said:

Yes on the idea that those who speak English need to stop the "Like" habit, but this should apply to all who take pride in expressing themselves well, regardless of how many additional languages they're able to speak. The languages they speak most frequently are the ones that matter in this case.   Fact is, if someone like Andrei says "Like" continuously here, he probably speaks the same way in his home country where he most likely converses in his native tongue.  I would bet it gets annoying to some of the "pickier" people over there, too. 

About Molly and Luis:  For the sake of brevity, I'll start by saying I've lost respect for Molly completely after learning she not only legally married this guy, but after his insane religious rant she asked him to come back to her and her family!  This will never, ever last.

Olivia has more sense than anyone in Molly's circle, including Luis.  I think she's remarkably insightful for a young girl.  

Luis, on the other hand, is an immature, defensive young man who is using Molly for the visa which he isn't even sure he wants anymore.  Their considerable age difference (he is 26, and Molly is 42!) makes this so-called marriage even more likely to fail.   

Edited by StayingAfterSunday
  • Love 7
On 12/21/2017 at 0:52 PM, Ki-in said:

Auntie Azan was fine because she knew she was going home but no one wants a lazy fat ass, dumb as fuck freeloader who sleeps until 3pm , with a woefully ignored child, living with them indefinitely.  If they aren't married Azan won't be having sex with her and if they get married he won't either so there's no point for this moronic, perpetually horny, desperate for attention from anyone blob with zero impulse control to ever go back there.

Oh, was that Azan's aunt? I thought it was his mother.  In any case, the woman was all affectionate and warm, sending Nicole off with a hug and some endearing words, including how she would miss May.  I'm convinced it was all an act so the money pipeline would continue.

• Love 5

I smiled to myself when I saw Paradise Hotel mentioned.  I sometimes miss that level of crazy.  I wish 7 Year Switch would come back.  Married at First Sight is my second runner-up.  

Re Nicole and her clueless drama, there was someone in between Nicole's baby daddy and daddy Azan whom May called daddy? She's only 22!  Geez.  Re Azan, I don't get the gay vibe from him at all.  Also, wasn't it said somewhere here that he pursues other women from other countries online?  Robbalee had a meltdown watching Azan telling Nicole not to yell at him during the May Unleashed scene.  I thought, at the time, that it was in sync with the No PDA Rule, that a woman screaming at a man in public in that part of the world was taboo.  Nicole has no OFF button, no clue about the culture and maybe she's not the only one.  Her mom also fell apart when Nicole was getting on the plane and said that a "big chunk of her heart" just left.  Unfortunate choice of words there.  

Annie was certainly Chatty Cathy in this reunion. Nicole smiled when Annie said that Nicole was the person she wanted to meet.  The smile disappeared quickly when she went on to say that boy doesn't like you even a little bit.  It may have been honest but it sure was strange considering Annie's judge of character is beyond questionable.  I don't understand the Chris is hiding divorce-related money for David theory.  If that were the case, why would Nikki be so annoyed at the constant handouts?  If he had any kind of money, I can't imagine him bringing the new bride to the empty fire house.  His future plans to set the world on fire while dressing up in a box are disturbing.

Aika seemed more bored and indifferent than usual.  While some get married thinking forever, she and Annie appeared to be on some kind of 5 to 10 year plan, if that.  Interesting...

I finally remembered where I had seen Luis' face before.  It was on a baby's sippy clown cup, and the ears were the handles.  Ugh, that smarmy guy is awful. I felt sorry for Moley for a brief moment because she wanted to be married and hadn't made it to that point before.  Her choice is just plain sad. I hope she found a way to protect her assets.  

I've enjoyed everyone's comments so much and have laughed so hard sometimes that I scared the animals here.  Thank you again, Arwen, for El Condor Pasa.  Liked reading about everyone's wedding dresses, too!  I wanted to buck trend and wore a pale peach lace dress.  Then I saw 'Hope' wore it to Ellen's wedding on thirtysomething.  Yikes.  Like Aika, when asked what kind of ring I liked, I mentioned the heart shape.  I wanted a little one and was given a big one along with a lecture from the jeweler that that shape doesn't show the brilliance of the stone as well as other cuts...  

Hope to see you all again at the next train wreck! Sincere thanks to Drogo for a job well done, and the best episode headings ever.  

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Kareem said:

Like Aika, when asked what kind of ring I liked, I mentioned the heart shape.  I wanted a little one and was given a big one along with a lecture from the jeweler that that shape doesn't show the brilliance of the stone as well as other cuts...  

Of course, more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. A setting that accommodates two round and one square cut diamond would have approximated the shape you wanted and would have shown the brilliance of all the diamonds. I know, I know. This doesn't help you now. Still, it was a thought I simply could not contain.

• Love 1

After watching the tell all, I am so over this show.  I feel like we have been played with.  I felt sorry for Molly but now feel like it was just a big set up.  I still cannot fathom how Molly could cry so realistically, but it must be really good acting or they actually did have some sort of fight and tried to manipulate it into some stupid storyline about buddhas and such.  It made no sense and Luis just acted crazy but I am sure that was just the storyline that someone had decided on at the time.  With him coming out and not wanting to sit with her, he was just continuing that storyline, but he didn't realize that they had moved on and he was supposed to be the good fatherly figure now.  It is such a piece of garbage (him included).  If this stuff went down the way the producers want us to believe, Molly is indeed an idiot for hooking up with him in the first place and keeping him in her house in the second place and lastly wanting to keep him around after being treated like that.  They truly deserve each other.  I think Olivia was in on it, as well as the brother.  They are all in on it for the money.  It is just acting.

Why could they not get hold of Azan for the final wrapup?  Is it to keep us interested?  Someone said that he didn't get his visa.  Was this shown on the show?  After reading the comments on here, I decided that I couldn't be bothered to watch the special on them.  If there was nothing new, it was a big waste of everyones time.  

It struck me as odd that Evelyn came on the show to promote her band  and we didn't get to see the band perform at all, unless I missed it.  We saw a little bit of her singing and that was mercifully over with quickly.  Were they that bad that the producers didn't want to show them on tv?  They looked like they scrambled to come up with a different storyline and ended up with the weak virgin angle that was not interesting at all.

David and Annie.  I feel so confused about these two and their wealthy sponsors.  What the show had us believe and what we see online are so very different that is hard to decide where the truth lies.  People are saying that they are travelling all over the world and yet somehow we are to believe that they are so poor that they must live in an abandoned firehouse.  We want to know if David gets all his money from Chris or exactly what is going on and why would this be happening?  Looks very shady, but then it is just tv and it is just a story.  Why do we bother to watch?

Josh and Aika probably wanted a baby even before the show and looked to the show to finance it.  It was just built up to look like it was not their idea.

These are just my speculations but it is very frustrating when a person takes an interest in people and their lives and when it doesn't seem true, it feels like it was just a waste of time.

• Love 11

I realize I'm a hundred years late to the whole Molly/Luis got married and she "doesn't know what happened".....

I am from Georgia and ran off when I was very young and eloped. We went to the clerk's office, did the paperwork, showed ID, the probate court judge asked the usual "do you take him as your lawfully wedded husband" and vice versa and it was done, he signed the paper, we signed the paper and left as a married couple. It was quick and easy. Also, you used to have to do a blood test in Georgia but not anymore.

I've always been the one to joke, it is super easy, costing less than a hundred bucks to get married and wayyyy more costly to divorce. Should be the other way around IMHO, more costly to marry, then maybe more people would reconsider doing it.

• Love 8
On 12/21/2017 at 10:19 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

I'll see you all on the My 600 Pound Life forum! I watched Jazz for a season or two but her mother drives me right up the wall, so I can't go back. I love SYTTD for the snark factor. I just sit there wondering how these women can be so silly and vapid. And does anyone know any words other than "wow factor" or "bling".

Show Biz Moms and Dads! That forum on TWOP was LIFE. Big in Belgium! How I would love to see that show come back. And what are the Nutters up to these days?

Count me in for My 600-Pound Life! I've only seen an episode or two of I Am Jazz, and it was kind of bland. Also, I got the impression that the mother was a true fame-whore who seemed secretly delighted that her daughter was transgender so that she could push her out into the spotlight with it. I mean yes, it's really great that you're noticing what your daughter needs instead of fighting it the way so many parents would do. At the same time, I can't help but wonder if Jazz might have been better off living and dealing with her issues in the privacy of her own home as opposed to opening herself up for death threats. If she wants to be a public advocate, that's fantastic, but a lot of this seems to be mommy's agenda.

Whitney is a bit like a spoiled Nicole with her tantrums and her fits. Don't get me wrong because Whitney is obviously smarter and has a whole lot more wherewithal. And, she's not gotten herself pregnant... yet.  She doesn't have a baby to start neglecting. And, I've never seen Nicole try to dance. The aerobics might actually do her some good.

I tried Whitney and My Big Fat Fabulous Life, but her life is anything but Fabulous. She's very unhealthy and it's patently clear that she's killing herself. Also, I'm unclear as to what her "message" is other than "getting attention." She's so young to be that size, and she won't live long. She's already had serious health problems that are alarming for such a young woman! And, she hasn't lost an ounce since the show began. Her boyfriend doesn't treat her very well, but she wants a small man because Ms. Twinkletoes has a bit of a shallow double standard. She doesn't want a Big Fat Fabulous Boyfriend even if that means he would treat her with dignity and respect.  If her message is that it's perfectly fine to stay at her size, then that's not a good message. If she trips doing one of her pirouettes and is bed bound with a broken ankle, she may well stay bed bound eating bon bons until she gets that my 600-pound life crossover episode. It's just not a healthful lifestyle for anyone.

Nicole's idea that any man who wants her to change is bad ties into her plan never to stop overeating with a childlike convenience.

Edited by CoachWristletJen
  • Love 5

I think Nicole is awful but I also think Evelyn seems to get a pass on these forums because she is skinny and pretty. She also has no marketable skills and zero plans for her future beyond being a housewife and living in Claremont forever.  Her answer to supporting herself is that "God will take care of them".  WTF?  David apparently has a degree but what is he going to do with that in Claremont?  Clearly they are living off of her parents (and maybe his as well).  I also think their relationship is borderline pedophile.  She had to have been 17 when they met. They are the same age difference as Luis and Olivia.  And I found David very smug to everyone else at the tell all.  As if they were better than everyone else there.  

• Love 12