Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E03: Week 2, Night 1

• Start Topic

Dean lost me when he said "Kristina lets her emotions get the best of her sometimes."    He can get upset - and often seems to - but she can't.   The editors are doing him no favors with this edit.  

• Love 18
9 hours ago, LittleCabbage said:

Aw. How could no one have picked Vinny? His mother's going to be so disappointed.

did Vinny say he went to paradise to see a particular person? I rewound and listened and couldnt hear it. I cannot believe he is still single, he seems like a nice guy. LOL RE: his mom:)

• Love 4

I am not the biggest fan of this show, but this season really has nothing going for it.  Very few people are even trying to date, and those that are really aren't that impressive either.  Is it just a group of people that don't click, or did all of them just come to hang out and talk with their own gender?  lol

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Kristina needs to move on. Dean has turned out to be a dude bro douchebag, glad he will not be Bachelor.

Dean went from being to me absolutely adorable to gross. what a jerk. and DLO? she heard Dean and Kristina were in a relationship and she asks him out--?? Not a nice girl. I so wish kristina had sent him home. oh well.( I was surprised that Kristina didnt pull DLO aside and explain that she was very interested in Dean, but who knows?)

• Love 8

My stupid abc chamnel preempted the show for Trump and then midway theough the show rescheduled their programming.  My dvr couldnt keep up.  Harumph.  Can someone please tell me if awful Alex went home?  This is the only thing that will cheer me up.  

45 minutes ago, alexa said:

I am not the biggest fan of this show, but this season really has nothing going for it.  Very few people are even trying to date, and those that are really aren't that impressive either.  Is it just a group of people that don't click, or did all of them just come to hang out and talk with their own gender?  lol

The original objective of the show wasn't necessarily love/marriage...it was merely Bachelor Pad decamped to a cheaper Mexico locale (no union wage scale abroad).  Bachelor Pad had its own vibe that was more honest:  the cast members had pretended to be choirboys and girls for Bachelor/Bachelorette seasons but they attended an alcohol-fueled reunion, sparks flew and their true horny selves were revealed with the randiest and raunchiest sent to the Pad.  Frankly, 25-year-old single persons who aren't more interested in physical encounters than emotional ones (at least initially) are more than a bit suspect but a surfeit of these emotionally vulnerable types are chosen for BIP.

The idea of permanent couples, even proposals and marriage, resulting from BIP fell into the laps of the producers and they obviously decided to run with it.  

But the problem is twofold:

1) One Bachelor presented with 25 Bachelorettes (or vice versa) will almost certainly be strongly attracted to or couple up with at least one of them through sheer force of numbers.

2) If a roughly equal number of males and females are stuck in an isolated place and most of them find they are incompatible with any available member of the opposite sex then there is more chaff than wheat.  Making matters worse, the early couples will do a Derek/Taylor and keep their heads down - literally, in this case, as they cuddle on a bed and say next to nothing as they await the next suspense-free event (date, rose ceremony, etc.).   It makes for terrible television.

In sum, the setup is ill-suited to the outcome but that hasn't stopped the production from trying to recapture lightning in a bottle.

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, fib said:

My stupid abc chamnel preempted the show for Trump and then midway theough the show rescheduled their programming.  My dvr couldnt keep up.  Harumph.  Can someone please tell me if awful Alex went home?  This is the only thing that will cheer me up.  

Good news, he did!  He was so tone deaf it wasn't even funny.  Just pathetic.

• Love 7

Alexis' TH after the credits was hilarious. Anyone else think Amanda is hoping they'll cast her as the bachelorette ala Nick?

i kind of like there aren't a lot of "couples" yet. It's fun watching the guys scramble to stay  I guess since the hiatus everyone knows full well who will be showing up, hence the hesitancy on the parts of some of them to commit (raven). Dean knew full well Dlo was coming and hedged his bets. He's a jerk -as Alexis points out. 

I want Wells to be next bachelor, but I wanted him to be it on Nicks season

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

i kind of like there aren't a lot of "couples" yet.

I agree, its great that only Taylor/Derek have formed and the rest are teetering on collapse (Matt/Jasmine) or involved in messy triangles (Dean/Kristina/DLo and Adam/Raven/new arrival Sarah) or just waiting for the next person to stumble down the stairs.

And yeah be careful for what you wish for when you go for more instagram followers and more "fame" with round 2 of  being on TeeVee as Dean came out of Rachel's season very popular but after just a couple of episodes of BiP, he's now being vilified on Twitter. 

• Love 5

I see nothing special about "D.Lo" besides a pair of fake tits. Kristina is far more beautiful, IMHO. 

Who knew Dean was a fuckboy? I guess a lot of us did. 

I thought Alexis was very kind to console Kristina and lay on the bed with her. Then she cracked me up by getting upset (and crying!) over the pizza. My husband said if he were a contestant he'd try to date her. I don't know why she isn't more popular with the men!

Re: Amanda. Yes, I think this is her pathetic attempt at an audition to be "The Bachelorette". For her children's sake I hope it never happens. 

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

For her children's sake I hope it never happens. 

For our sake, too!  I can't imagine an entire season of men trying to interest Amanda while she gives them that dead eyed look as she fiddles with her hair.  Only her nostrils show emotion.

• Love 24
37 minutes ago, Riplet68 said:

guess since the hiatus everyone knows full well who will be showing up, hence the hesitancy on the parts of some of them to commit (raven). Dean knew full well Dlo was coming and hedged his bets. He's a jerk -as Alexis points out. 

Ooooh. That never occurred to me and you're totally right. They don't know the order but they know the cast since presumably they saw them at the airport or something as they were leaving? 

I'm glad Lacey choose Diggy instead of Iggy.  But the connection seems thin. And she's literally the 2nd Lacey you didn't remember cast on this Show. Maybe she was cast because she said she was into Daniel and no one else is. But they wanted him in the show (because he's entertaining)  so why not? 

• Love 1

( I was surprised that Kristina didnt pull DLO aside and explain that she was very interested in Dean, but who knows?)

What good would that do?  He clearly is not interested in her.  Not sure why going to D Lo would change that.  Doing something like that would remind me too much of Ashley I's  style of sabotage, telling all the girls a guy is off limits when he actually isn't.

If Dean was interested in Christina he would not have backed off her and told her to accept dates with other men *before* D Lo even showed up.  Even the other guys and girls gave the advice that everyone there was pretty much "wide open" with the exception of Taylor and Derek.  

• Love 6

I really can't see the appeal of "D.Lo" - is it just the fake boobs? The dress she was wearing when she came in was extremely unflattering, as were the ripped jeans on her date with Dean. Her hair was in an ugly scrunchie half the time and her makeup was streaky. Then there's the constant giggling and limited vocabulary. There are much more beautiful women there (Kristina, Danielle M), as well as women with better personalities (Alexis, Raven). Do the fake boobs trump everything?

Dean is an idiot for all the reasons already stated, but also because he tried to sell a chunk of watermelon slathered in cream as cake. Disgusting.

I can't get over how pathetic most of the guys are this season.

• Love 17

This episode highlighted what I've thought of Dean since Rachel's season. He not only wanted to have his cake and eat it too (by flirting with DLo and also stringing Kristina along), he is also immature and dumb. He appears to be easily manipulated by the producers. I bet that half birthday thing wasn't even his idea but something prepared for and encouraged by the producers for him to do. They knew it would result in tears and maximum drama. But he stupidly went along with it anyway. Just like how he stupidly confronted his father regarding private family matters on TV for his hometown date. If he's the Bachelor, his season would truly be a hot mess and I am here for it.

• Love 13

I bet that half birthday thing wasn't even his idea but something prepared for and encouraged by the producers for him to do. 

Ok, I could have SWORN there's been a half-birthday cake on BiP before? Am I delusional???

AHA! I Googled it and Sarah baked Daniel a half-birthday cake last season. 

I never thought Dean was awesome but I did think he seemed like a sweet guy who'd treat a woman well. And now that I see how willingly he's gulped his own Kool Aid, I actively dislike him and hope for his comeuppance.

On another note, I love Alexis, she was keeping me laughing last night and it was really sweet of her to comfort Kristina. 

• Love 15

Wow, I watched this entire show last night but I must have dozed off and completely missed the half-birthday-cake thing. Would someone explain what that was and what happened. Meanwhile, waving feather made me LOL with posting that, if he's TB, Dean's "season would truly be a hot mess and I am here for it." I think Dean's the consummate jerk, but I'd be right there with you, feather, for that "hot mess." I just can't leave this show!

• Love 4

I was hysterical during the Vinny seatbelt part because that happens to me all the time and eventually I just give up and accept my fate of not being meant for me to wear a seat belt lol . Seriously , why do seat belts do that ? 

• Love 10

Half birthday mess:

Everyone is sitting around the fire, pretending to have fun (actually it wasn't that bad as they were playing games).   Dean had ditched DLo and made up with Kristina and was snuggling with her.   But then he got up and the next thing he's coming with some fake half birthday cake for DLo acting like SHE is his girlfriend now.  Of course Kristina looked like she wanted to puke and her friends were giving Dean death glares but he was clueless to how stupid that was.   Kristina got up and excused herself to have a good cry.  Alexis joined her and tried to comfort her but at that point, I don't think you could really help Kristina as being made to look like a fool is realllllllly tough.  

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Vinny and the seat belt has been the best part of this show so far. I would have kept him over Mr. Bad Personality Dean in a heartbeat. And WTH is with everyone thinking this DLo chick is the hottest ever? Just because she was wearing a boob-revealing dress? Okay, so I answered my own question. She looks no better or worse than anyone else. But Cristina should thank her BIG TIME for taking Dean out and saving her from a big, fat zero relationship with that jerk face. Meanwhile show, thanks for letting me catch up on Frasier reruns while (fill in the blank) preempted BIP. Oh: And Nick, that's what you get for becoming blotto drunk as soon as you hit BIP land. 'Bye.

Vinny versus the seat belt was my favorite part of the show too. He seems like a genuinely good guy, same with Matt, but that probably doesn't count for much with this franchise. Iggy didn't even get any exit interview at all, wonder why? 

I do think D Lo (seriously hate that nickname) has a beautiful face, but I still remember her complete void of a personality from Nick's season. She smiles and giggles through small talk but has absolutely nothing to say beyond that. Dean saying Nick "seemed boring" was kinda rich, it's not like Dean's personality leaps off the screen either and Nick sent Danielle home expressly for being boring. Nick wasn't my favorite guy in the world, but he actually was fairly witty when he wasn't in scripted "lead of the show" mode. 

I have to assume that Kristina and Dean did have genuine conversations throughout the show and the shutdown, but the editing is making her look pathetic (and is also doing Dean no favors, so I'm guessing he is nowhere near contention for Bachelor). They're showing him to be a stunted middle schooler with zero emotional intelligence (tm Taylor) and making her out to be someone clinging onto a spark of something that never caught fire.

I agree, its great that only Taylor/Derek have formed and the rest are teetering on collapse (Matt/Jasmine) or involved in messy triangles (Dean/Kristina/DLo and Adam/Raven/new arrival Sarah) or just waiting for the next person to stumble down the stairs.

And yeah be careful for what you wish for when you go for more instagram followers and more "fame" with round 2 of  being on TeeVee as Dean came out of Rachel's season very popular but after just a couple of episodes of BiP, he's now being vilified on Twitter. 

I have very little memory of Derek, but I think he was on the opposite side of Alex in JoJo's season (?), which automatically scores him points and I couldn't stand Taylor, but I have to admit that they are adorable here. Derek's little smile as she walked up to give her rose seemed almost involuntary in that giddy, new relationship way. And honestly, I don't think either one of them is going to be all that sought over by new arrivals, so they might be the safe couple of the season. 

Re: Dean. Yes, his fall from grace one of the fastest I've seen from this franchise and seems to be happening from the inside out. He got a mostly glowing edit the first time around, but the editors seem to be going out of their way to play up the negative now.

I'm glad Lacey choose Diggy instead of Iggy.  But the connection seems thin. And she's literally the 2nd Lacey you didn't remember cast on this Show. Maybe she was cast because she said she was into Daniel and no one else is. But they wanted him in the show (because he's entertaining)  so why not? 

Ah, that's who chose Diggy? Missed that part and was wondering how the guy who shows no interest in any women got through. I don't think they have any connection, might just be a friend rose like Danielle M saving Ben Z. Or to be cynical about it, a producer-prodded choice since DeMario's departure left an all white male cast and Iggy, the only other minority, was also going home. 

Who did Alexis pick? I missed that part too. I enjoy her commentary and hope she can secure a friend rose from someone because she certainly doesn't seem inclined to find a boyfriend. 

Speaking of forced, Alex’s door-to-door salesman-style quest for a rose is as pathetic as it is futile.  He’s got a devastating case of the ‘likes’:  like, every other, like, word is, like, like.  We really like that he’s gone.

Alex is so utterly clueless about how he comes across. His "obviously being nice was the wrong tactic" from last week kinda said it all, but everything about him just screams red flag. Did he really think he was coming off as sincerely interested in anyone and not just rose shopping? The guys who see themselves as master manipulators are so often the most transparent.

Even Lacey, who seems to be on no one's list couldn't even commit to saying she might swipe right (or left? I don't know which is which) on a dating site IRL, lol. 

Also, his giant tattoos are awful. From the neck up (and with his mouth shut), I actually think he's one of the most attractive guys there, but those tattoos are so distracting. 

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Who did Alexis pick?

Jack Stone!

10 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Also, his giant tattoos are awful. From the neck up (and with his mouth shut), I actually think he's one of the most attractive guys there, but those tattoos are so distracting. 

(small voice) I find Alex's facial features very attractive too but of course the D-bag personality and tats ruin all that.    Guess he's a shoo in to come back for Bahelor Olympic Winter games as his delusional should work wonders there too.

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 1

Thanks CindyBee, for the half-birthday explanation. Man, I must have really zoned out since I missed that entire segment, even though I was sitting right next to the tv. I guess this show can do that to my brain. But is the "half birthday" a half of a cake or one-half year until the real birthday? Not that it matters, I guess, since the point was to PO Cristina and make Dean look even more jerk-worthy. And tonight ... I really, really, REALLY do not want to see/hear more about Demario and Whatzername. Although there is AGT on the other channel ...

6 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Thanks CindyBee, for the half-birthday explanation. Man, I must have really zoned out since I missed that entire segment, even though I was sitting right next to the tv. I guess this show can do that to my brain. But is the "half birthday" a half of a cake or one-half year until the real birthday? Not that it matters, I guess, since the point was to PO Cristina and make Dean look even more jerk-worthy. And tonight ... I really, really, REALLY do not want to see/hear more about Demario and Whatzername. Although there is AGT on the other channel ...

DLo's birthday is December 28th so this was filmed on June 28th, six months to her birthday.  I know people that have their birthdays around the holidays that like to make a bid deal about their half one in June so they can stand out and not be forgotten during the holiday rush.   She did tell Dean that her parents did a great job making sure she always had both Christmas and Birthday gifts.   As someone else said, I'm sure it was producer driven for him to come out with some weak ass watermelon "cake" and make a big fuss.  But he could have said NO.  or better yet, NYET.

Kristen Baldwin of Yahoo has an amazing screencap on her twitter feed with Jasmine's DEATH STARE to Dean during cake gate.  I can't link due to twitter being blocked at work but I laughed and laughed when I saw it.  

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

Half birthday mess:

Everyone is sitting around the fire, pretending to have fun (actually it wasn't that bad as they were playing games).   Dean had ditched DLo and made up with Kristina and was snuggling with her.   But then he got up and the next thing he's coming with some fake half birthday cake for DLo acting like SHE is his girlfriend now.  Of course Kristina looked like she wanted to puke and her friends were giving Dean death glares but he was clueless to how stupid that was.   Kristina got up and excused herself to have a good cry.  Alexis joined her and tried to comfort her but at that point, I don't think you could really help Kristina as being made to look like a fool is realllllllly tough.  

Like waving feather said previously, I can't imagine Dean (or any other of the guys) coming up with a 1/2 cake for D-Lo's bday. I'm sure the producers presented him with the cake and asked if he would like to present it to her (knowing drama would be the result) and he just went with the flow, not thinking anything of it (which is his MOO).  They needed to get something going since after the initial drama of Corinne and DeMarco, it has been pretty much a snooze-fest and there aren't really even many real couples forming.  I can't remember a rose ceremony where the women picked guys in the friend zone because they didn't have anyone they were interested in before. 

• Love 3

To be fair to Danielle, I don't think people told her Dean and Kristina were a couple.  The advice she got was that Taylor and Derek were the only real couple, and everyone else was up in the air.  She knew Dean and Kristina had been on a date and spent some time together, but she wasn't told Dean was off limits.  In any event, Dean could have respectfully declined the date offered if he was truly into Kristina.  I put it on Dean being a tool. 

I agree with the poster above.  I doubt Dean "planned" the half birthday cake.  He was probably put up to it by producers.  He doesn't seem all that bright.  I'm not sure he's as bad a guy as people on this board are making him out to be, he's just a little dense.  He probably thinks his relationship with Kristina is casual, and that he's made himself clear to her.  Of course, I don't think he actually HAS been clear.  And that's why he needs a good kick in the butt to sort things out.

Some reflections after watching this episode...

1. I hate Iggy so much. Like BIP compounded the hate I already had for him from The Bachelorette. He has a complete lack of self awareness, he comes off extremely self righteous, and his sense of humor is completely tone deaf. That whole Jewish prayer thing with Lacey I found completely offensive. Thank you Lacey for NOT picking him, ugh.
  2. Also on the same boat for the whole not understanding D-Lo's appeal. She seems fairly standard for meeting the Bachelor status quo. She also seemed kind of full of herself, always ending the conversation with the guys with "I don't know we'll see" and waving her date card in the air before she eventually chose Dean. 
  3. I firmly believe Danielle was FULLY aware of Kristina and Dean's situation and she chose not to care. They are from the same season, I'm sure she must have heard that they hung out during the hiatus. It's not a Caila, Ashley I, Jared, situation where one girl irrationally liked a guy, and dislikes the girls trying to get with the guy. Dean and Kristina were actively dating. 
  4. Which brings me to Dean. The whole time I was watching I was like... why is Dean getting such a bad rep? he seems like he's being fairly honest, slightly aloof, but still pretty honest about keeping possibilities open with Kristina. Then the watermelon cake happened and I was like WTF BRO. Even if it was producer driven, you were literally just cuddling with Kristina at the bonfire. It was set up Dean, and you got played to look like an ass.
  5. Alexis wins BIP. She's a girl I'd actually hang out with in real life. I hope she finds a dude. I actually think her and Vinny would have gotten along... You know what, I could see her with Alex from Rachel's season... 
  • Love 10

Yes to the above post! Nothing drives me crazier than this 'let's talk, how are you feeling...I dunno... maybe... like' conversation. Just say how you're feeling already and if he doesn't respond like you want, move on! I get that the producers probably put them up to these 'conversations' but it's irritating. Clearly they had a translation issue:

Dean: Kristina is cool w me dating around along with dating her  

Kristina: we are a couple!

Maybe it's in the language barrier: Dean's inability to hold a conversation in English. Anyway, if you have to work at it (Ashley I I'm looking at you), then he's not that into you. It took me waaaay too long to learn that.

(I only half-paid attention to this show so it's possible he was very clear lol)

Edited by sistersledge
Disclaimer
  • Love 8

Dean seems different than he did on Rachel 's season. There he seemed intelligent and mature for his age. On BIP he comes across as dense and a player. I have no idea which one is the real Dean. I can only guess he was putting on a bit during the Bachelorette so he could be in contention for this show and The Bachelor. I know people don't like Peter (I like him a lot), but he didn't put on a fake personality. 

I don't think the show demanded DLo pick Dean, but they plot out when and who is introduced during this thing and Dlo obviously got a lot of praise for her looks so she is introduced right before the guys have the rose. Dean did make it clear that he was not comfortable being an actual couple, but I think he is trying to hard to appease Kristina rather than be clear with her. 

Women have given out roses as friends before, it's either that or they have to go home. It would be nice if they could just not give out a rose and still stay but I haven't see it happen so I guess it isn't allowed. I do think this is the first time I have seen so many disinterested people. Outside of Taylor and Derek and possibly Kristina, no one seems interested in any one else. I'm a straight woman so my opinion doesn't really count, but I think Danielle M (The nurse) is really prettty and seems nice but no one is interested. I know she has a baby voice but I don't think it is put on. Raven seems to be the belle of the ball and I don't get it at all..  She has a nice figure, but I think her face looks kind of squashed and she doesn't seem to have a great personality. 

• Love 14

I'm glad Adam and Matt are on this show, we didn't get to see enough of them on Rachel's season albeit they are far too normal for this show (AJ not withstanding).  Adam is good looking, and Matt does have a handsome maturity that no one else has.  I like Benzie and I find all the dog talk funny and sort of endearing, especially since he sounds completely deadpan and sincere.  I've said it before and I will again:  He misses his dog more than Amanda misses her kids.

The Mexican heat and humidity is not for the weak, and everyone's hair and makeup is suffering from it.  I have never seen so many frizz balls.  Raven looked so much better with her hair up in a bun, but I still think she is average looking at best (sorry to be shallow but on this show there is not much else on which to comment).

Kristina is absolutely beautiful, has a job, and can speak in complete sentences as well as carry on conversations.  She is too good for this show, certainly too good for Dean.  Dean is pretty but I liked him much better on the Bachelorette, probably because we didn't have to see this much of him.  D-Lo, well, she's just ok in my book.  She's very pretty, but that's about it.  She allows herself to be called D-Lo.  And she hugs weird.  It was like a cross between a Dugger-style side hug and trying to crawl into everyone's armpit.  Strange.

I really love Alexis, and oddly I like Jack Stone.  He nailed it that Dean is a great partner for someone in middle school with no job, not a woman who is looking for a man. 

Why does Amanda always end up with the sweaty dudes?

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 13

Oh I forgot to mention Vinny!  He's a good guy.  I wish he had stayed, Alexis would possible have been a good partner for him.  Alexis was a good friend to Kristina too.  Jasmine giving Dean the death stare when bringing out the cake was everything.  I like that some if these girls seem to have true friendships and have each other's back.  

I also think nurse Danielle and Benzie would make a cute couple.  They both seem like nice, normal people and they both seem more mature than the other contestants.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, alexa said:

I am wondering, too, what do they do with their day?  Every time Taylor and Derek are shown, they are lying down on that beach bed.  Are there activities we don't know about, besides playing in the water and sippin on Daiquiris?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I think Danielle M (The nurse) is really prettty and seems nice but no one is interested.

I think Danielle should try to open her eyes more, because I've said before that she looks tired and/or sleepy.  She just looks boring, even though she might not be.

6 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I think Danielle M the nurse is beautiful. She seems intelligent and not as fake but maybe gives off a buddy vibe rather than romantic? Too bad. 

Did anyone catch her saying that Wells would be great choice and that she was setting her sights on him. She knows he's off limits but they are good friends already so maybe she's hoping for something to start after the show airs? Maybe she's just hanging around to be near him and be with her friends. Kind of odd but she did say that.

• Love 2

I'm so done with Dean, cute as he may be. Don't touch Bachelor Nick. "Boring?" He's 10 years older than you, Dean, and a helluva lot more interesting. I'm thinking Peter is going to end up as Bachelor because they've vilified Dean within the first three episodes.

I have never gotten the D-Lo love. She makes less sense to me than Raven's appeal. At least Raven comes off as spunky and funny. D-Lo is a pretty shell with no personality. Nick basically had to cut her mid-date because she couldn't carry on a conversation. Put your tongues back in your mouths, dudes. Almost every girl on the island is a knockout.

Which leads me to this: Why isn't Danielle M. getting more attention? She's gorgeous, mostly natural-looking (new fake boobs notwithstanding), calm, low-drama, sweet, smart... I could go on. Is she too tall for most of these short dudes? 

From the previews, I think something is up with her and Wells, and this fills my heart with joy! Wells is one of my favorites - I'd ADORE the two of them together! 

They need to punch up this season. It's a bro-fest, a sob-fest (over cake of all things), and there's a giant conversation happening about something none of us saw. This is the Season That Has No Clothes.

• Love 11
17 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Did anyone catch her saying that Wells would be great choice and that she was setting her sights on him. She knows he's off limits but they are good friends already so maybe she's hoping for something to start after the show airs? Maybe she's just hanging around to be near him and be with her friends. Kind of odd but she did say that.

My theory is that she and Wells are already dating and they got to go on the show for fun while Wells was put in a position that was "off-limits" but they could make a storyline out of her realizing she likes him. Who knows haha.

As for Dean and Kristina, I think there are a few factors. Yes, he was semi-clear about "taking a step back" but those conversations were all full of "well, I don't know, you're being emotional, I'm going to roll around on the floor and not look at you, now I'm taking a shower" so it's not like he was actually being mature about leveling with her. And I also wonder if their trip to Kentucky to visit her family made things seem a LOT more real to Kristina, considering her traumatic past and how much her family probably means to her. Long story short, he seems incredibly immature and is trying to do the least amount of work possible to seem like an ok dude.

Edited by huskerj12
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, bequialife said:

I am wondering, too, what do they do with their day?  Every time Taylor and Derek are shown, they are lying down on that beach bed.  Are there activities we don't know about, besides playing in the water and sippin on Daiquiris?

From what past contestants have said, there isn't much to do except drink, eat, drink, lay around, work out, and drink some more.  That's why they all act like crazy people when someone with a date card arrives as its something to do for a couple of hours, even if its some cliche filled bachlor date.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Kristina needs to move on. Dean has turned out to be a dude bro douchebag, glad he will not be Bachelor.

And what's with his douche-bro vocabulary, especially the understatement to Kristina: "I can tell you're not stoked." Ya think?! Stoke THIS, buddy! He's jerking her around and she should consider it a plus that he revealed himself so early.

17 hours ago, saber5055 said:

So that date was just riding around on an ATV? Wow, big whoop.

All the BIP "dates" are underwhelming. Low-budget for sure & they appear to last about two hours each!

• Love 5

Would someone please explain Raven's allure to me? I don't watch the Bachelor...so maybe I'm missing something? I don't find her attractive, funny, smart or in any way charming or charismatic. Maybe she's really sweet and pretty in person? Just not seeing it here. At all.

• Love 5

Okay, even though the show came on after the President's speech, my DVR still cut off at 10:00, so I missed a half-hour.  I do have some gaps in what I was able to watch.

However, I disagree a bit about Dean.  I do agree that he is immature-and as a result he probably thought just backing off was enough to let Kristina know he wasn't that interested in her.  Interestingly, it was the same strategy Amanda used with Alex and all of the women jumped on the 'how can he not figure out she's not interested in him' bandwagon, but when it came to Dean and Christina, they interpret it differently.  Dean also (last week) told Christina that she should date someone else if asked.  Then, it finally came to his realization that he had to be a bit more forthcoming and told her that they should take a step back (last night).  In fact, he purposefully told her BEFORE the rose ceremony so that she could choose someone else if she wanted.  I think he's been pretty clear that although he likes her, he's really not that invested in this relationship.  I wasn't able to see the last 30 minutes (again, DVR cut-off...) so can't speak to what happened then.  But, I do feel that he has been trying to let her know that he wasn't as interested in her as me may have been during the production shutdown.  It happens.  Many of us (well, at least me) have been drawn to someone and thought we really liked that person...until we got to know them a little bit more.  The kind thing is to let them know, which I think Dean did before the rose ceremony.  He even told her that he didn't want to wait until after the rose ceremony as then it would look like he used her for her rose.  So, although I don't want him as the Bachelor, I don't think he was leading her on.  I missed the birthday cake fiasco, but I would probably have fallen for the producers' "ah, would you give this to her..." line thinking I was doing something nice and not realizing that I was unintentionally hurting someone.  Yes, I can be a bit dim myself...

• Love 6

The guys are busy Lady-and-the-Tramping quesadillas between each other and hot-tubbing, completely ignoring the girls, who are SO desperate they'd date Adam Jr (the dummy)--all except for Kristina who tells the human Adam, "I actually, genuinely want to meet, like, a person." Good news: human Adam IS a person!

Adam and Raven met in Dallas over the 2-week hiatus. Um, can we get a search warrant to have whatever establishment they were in send over security camera footage? While we're at it, can we get some stop-light camera footage of Dean and Kristina's Kentucky roadtrip? This off-camera mingling is ridiculous! Even on "Love Connection" the daters film themselves with their phones to be played on air.

Raven, with a mouthful of oatmeal, mutters consent for a date.

Alex and Iggy are a poor man's version of Chad and Daniel--workout buddies with mutual admiration for the other's fitness regimen.

Raven tells Adam she's "ride or die," and all I think is LITERALLY--she will beat you with a stiletto if you do her wrong! Regardless, I liked her and Adam together.

Why does Vinny think he would get Corrine's rose when she was "with" DeMario?

Robbie is wearing little pedi socks that women wear with dress shoes! But wet socks, don't care! He has a rose to procure! Robbie, buddy, I'm guessing you had on some nice loafers that you didn't want to get soaked, but those socklets are going to leave you roseless! Robbie is friends with Josh?!? Interesting. Robbie is very sweaty, so it's just like old times with Josh.

Diggy!! Whoo-hoo! You kiss that girl with the deceased grandparent!

You guys, Dean is starting to catch on there's a weird vibe between them--somehow not previously having HEARD Kristina telling him her concerns. And somehow Bachelor Nation thinks he's some great catch worthy of the Bachelor mantle. Hard pass on my vote.

Matt's job is Penguin. Ha! 

Vinny trying to put his seatbelt on! Ha-ha!

Poor D-Lo must have gotten attacked by a chupacabra--her jeans are completely torn to threads and half of her top is missing.

Oh, snap! Kristina gets Dean's s'more, but D-Lo gets a half a cake!!!! Ooh! Oh, god damn! My recording cut off at "the cake is watermelon." Anything happen after that?!

• Love 3

These people will never be successful in long-term love because they can't even figure out when someone is just not that into them. If he wanted to be with you, he would. If you have to try to convince someone and pull it out of them to admit it, then that's a bad sign and you should cut your losses and move on. This is all a game, I don't know why these people get all weepy and possessive over people when there's a rotating door of other desperate/attention-whoring losers who keep showing up. If your goal in life is the "be the next Carly and Evan", you need to reevaluate why you're still single. Kristina, it's obvious what attracted you the most are Dean's looks, even if you don't realize it yourself. Everyone wants to catch that shiniest fish in the sea, but that fish is empty of substance and you can try to add all the spices in the world, but that fish is still just a shiny dud of a fish.

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Robbie is wearing little pedi socks that women wear with dress shoes!

I didn't see the socks, but my fashionable 21 yo son wears those with his fancy shoes. I think it gives that sockless look without getting sweat in your shoes. But I'm an old fogey and don't understand all these things.

• Love 1