Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

Cute pic! But I wonder how cute it will be in 5-6 years when there are probably 3-4 more children? Kendra loves her kids but even one seemed to overwhelm her a bit. I shudder to think what 6+ will do to her.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

Andrea Yates? @emma675

I don't think so.   Joe is not Rusty nor does Kendra have Andrea's underlying psychosis.   No matter how bad the Duggars are, they have never reached the level of Rusty Yates.  That situation happened because Rusty forced Andrea off of her medications against her wishes and the advice of mental health professionals.   Not because she was overwhelmed popping out babies.

• Love 18
8 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't think so.   Joe is not Rusty nor does Kendra have Andrea's underlying psychosis.   No matter how bad the Duggars are, they have never reached the level of Rusty Yates.  That situation happened because Rusty forced Andrea off of her medications against her wishes and the advice of mental health professionals.   Not because she was overwhelmed popping out babies.

That is true. Gosh, I still remember when that happened. She should never have gone off her medication but of course she had to listen to her headship. I would drop kick my husband out the door. 

• Love 7
55 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

That is true. Gosh, I still remember when that happened. She should never have gone off her medication but of course she had to listen to her headship. I would drop kick my husband out the door. 

We all think that but those women are programmed not to, sadly.  Psychosis is a serious thing 

• Love 4

I believe Andrea Y suffered from postpartum psychosis. That can happen to anyone after any pregnancy. It's something like 2 out of every 1000 births. With each pregnancy the Duggars increase the odds it could happen to anyone of them.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

No one is immune to mental illness. 

Well said. Although cases like Andrea Yates are extreme, I don't think popping out babies every year is healthy for anyone. Michelle Duggar looks like she grinds benzos into her smoothies and the Duggar kids have all suffered from lack of parental attention. 

Ten years down the road, Kendra will be another Sierra Dominguez: overwhelmed and exhausted, but gritting her teeth and pretending her life is all cherries and rainbows on social media. 

• Love 21
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Ten years down the road, Kendra will be another Sierra Dominguez: overwhelmed and exhausted, but gritting her teeth and pretending her life is all cherries and rainbows on social media. 

...and she will only be in her early 30's. 

• Love 2
On 2/13/2020 at 8:59 PM, SMama said:

Very cute, but will Garret be as interested in siblings when they start arriving yearly?

I hope Kendra's Mom talks to her about tracking her cycle, so she knows when she’s most fertile and tells her she can tell Joe she has a headache that’s fine if she doesn’t want another blessing,I doubt it though. We’ll see how long it takes her to get pregnant again.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, PuffinFizz said:

I hope Kendra's Mom talks to her about tracking her cycle, so she knows when she’s most fertile and tells her she can tell Joe she has a headache that’s fine if she doesn’t want another blessing,I doubt it though. We’ll see how long it takes her to get pregnant again.

I'm not sure if Kendra's mom would tell her that.  While on a family outing at the ocean, Kendra's mom was pregnant (again) and in quite a lot of pain just walking. She was only in her middle trimester.   Kendra explained that her mom always has terrible joint pain during her pregnacies. I wonder if she is the martyr type to continue to get pregnant even though it causes her intense pain.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, kokapetl said:

This apparently happened 

The lump on the spine was mentioned several times in the IG comments back when the ER pictures were posted several weeks ago.  WTH were the Caldwell’s thinking?  That it was a pimple?  The ignorance of fundies never ceases to amaze me.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

The lump on the spine was mentioned several times in the IG comments back when the ER pictures were posted several weeks ago.  WTH were the Caldwell’s thinking?  That it was a pimple?  The ignorance of fundies never ceases to amaze me.

I believe when the Caldwell's went for a follow up on the lump in was no longer visible by the naked eye so they decided not to have another scan. If I'm remembering correctly, prayer fixed it. If it was my kid, I'd want to know for sure.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I believe when the Caldwell's went for a follow up on the lump in was no longer visible by the naked eye so they decided not to have another scan. If I'm remembering correctly, prayer fixed it. If it was my kid, I'd want to know for sure.

So would I. I'm damn sure God would want that too.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, this is the son who was born a few months after Garrett. 

Oh, well in that case they can fuck right off. They wanted god’s will, looks like they’re about to get it. 

• Love 6

Kendra is on a skiing trip with her parents and their kids as well as Joe and her kids. 

I'm surprised a pastor can afford to take his many kids skiing and snowboarding. It requires gear and that can cost. The Caldwells posted a lot of Instagram footage and pictures if people want to post it here. 

I read an article too that said that Pastor Caldwell had once run for state rep. in AR. This could be a rumor. He was kinda like Jed! in that he had limited issues.  His move from VA to AR makes even more sense if he wanted to get into politics. (Beyond cheaper cost of living.)

• Useful 3
  • Love 5

Okay looking at Caldwell family Instagram. Some highlights:

The one good thing I can say about Kendra's mother is she okay with being called grandma.

Christina Caldwell also looks like she might be expecting again.

They went to a marriage retreat. Paul and Christina were there, as were Joe and Kendra. (Kendra's sister babysitting?) Anyway so were JB and Michelle and Bobby and Meagan Ballinger. At one point they filmed a movie as couples played a game where the husbands threw something little into the wives' mouths. The couples playing the game I didn't recognize, but it seemed like the conference had stopped so everyone could try it. I couldn't tell if the something little was peanuts or M & Ms, etc. Now we know where Jill gets her sense of romance. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

So is Kendra's baby brother ok? No mention?

Apparently, they are posting Instagram posts celebrating how happy they are. And the little guys seems fine, but they didn't mention anything. 

• Useful 2
48 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, 4th is a video:

Screenshots from their Instagram stories:

3C3546C5-A092-401B-A489-53715C52173B.jpeg

6BE93FDF-36B0-4778-B0E6-E965EA54C961.jpeg

Those shoelaces (in the video) !! I'm not normally one to pick on things, but I just kept waiting for him to step on one of his shoelaces and tumble down. How hard is it to tie those things up?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 16

Jyn - I thought the same thing  about the shoelaces.  Those were some long shoelaces too. I was waiting for him to step on one & do a face plant on the metal landing. I know Joe was recording, but Garrett was at the perfect place to retie when he was sitting at the bottom of the slide. 

• Love 6

Man it's a real shame. These two look like college kids home on spring break babysitting younger siblings. Instead those are their kids and they'll have a 3rd in another year.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

Wow, Kendra's got some impressive receding hairline there. That, and the Duggar genes, make for some unfortunate future hairlines for their kids....

But unlike the other Duggar girls her hair (what’s left of it) is clean!!

Edited by NotthebadVictoria
Sp
  • Love 16

I think part of her hair receding is from post partum hair loss. In a normal woman, that hair would grow back in a few months. In Kendra's world, she'll probably be pregnant again by then and the cycle repeats itself. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6