Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

I can't judge the laundry basket. I used one as a pen for my Chihuahua when he was a puppy, and it worked pretty well for corralling him until he got big enough to need a crate. Unfortunately, that means as an adult he still sees them and thinks they're home and will try to vault into them. LOL

• LOL 13
  • Love 4
On 6/19/2020 at 2:59 PM, madpsych78 said:

I mean, shoot, even Christina's mother looks young, and she's a great-grandmother!

It's the genes and face. Kendra and the women in her family will look young when they're old. Then there is Nathan Keller, who is barely old enough to drink, but is already really wrinkly and looks far older than his age. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

James is pictured. Gives some meaning behind those Lauren Caldwell courtship rumors...

Except I don't see Lauren Caldwell there. There are quite a few Caldwells missing, both of Kendra's sisters, her mother, and one brother. The Caldwells have 8 kids including Kendra, 5 boys and 3 girls.  I count 4 boys on the boat aside from the father, James, Joseph, and Garrett Duggar. The only females present seem to be Kendra and her daughter Addison. Addison is the youngest and doesn't have a life preserver. 

I can't tell if Kendra is pregnant. I was beginning to think she was hiding for the next announcement. 

I had to keep scrolling back and forth to figure that last picture is Joe and Garrett. 

12 hours ago, emma675 said:

Is the baby in a...laundry basket in one of those pics??

Laundry hampers also make an excellent bath seat in a pinch since those old school ones got banned years ago. I’m sure this is something Kendra learned from her mom, and if it keeps little Addison safe and secure, then I’m all for it. The last thing I’d want is a baby scooting around on a moving boat. 

• Love 9

My mom had 4 kids in 6.5 years. I'm the youngest of four, on the rare occasion my mother had to four of us at once, while I was a baby, she put me in a laundry basket. This is long before seat belts and car seats. And because my parents only had one car for a time, this rarely happened. But it did.

I think bringing it on the boat was a good idea. If Addie napped she would be tucked out of the way without being stepped on or sliding off a seat.

• Love 10

I learn something new from this group everyday! My mom never put us in a laundry basket but she did put us in those baby play pens that were slightly off the ground (my brother was an escape artist and she turned one upside down and put encyclopedias on top to keep him from getting out when she needed him to stay in one place).

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I learn something new from this group everyday! My mom never put us in a laundry basket but she did put us in those baby play pens that were slightly off the ground (my brother was an escape artist and she turned one upside down and put encyclopedias on top to keep him from getting out when she needed him to stay in one place).

I used playpens for my sons.  Granted, it was the olden days and Cosco came out with the mesh one.  And get this, no one told us not to, but we put the seat down in the station wagon and put the two of them in the playpen back there on a cross country trip!  I don't think we were the only ones to do this.  I'm sure none of the Duggars have tried this.  Or at least publicized it.  I like the laundry basket idea.  I might have seen it around the inter webs.

• Love 6

my son uses a laundry basket to keep a 1yr old in place while he folds laundry. he dumps the laundry on a bed or sofa and sets her in the basket with a toy or 2 and a few pieces of laundry. she is happy and contained, he gets laundry folded. everyone is happy. this is their 4th child and I have seen kids who are climbers before but this one is crazy fast and she gets up on things you wouldn't imagine, but she hasn't figured out how to get out of the basket yet.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

Everyone I know has put their kid in a laundry basket, for fun or to keep them in one place. Beats blanket training any day.

i hope those kids had SPF a billion sunscreen because they are so fair. 

• Love 20
19 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

They look happy! 22 and celebrated her birthday with no alcohol. I barely drink but even I have a drink or 2 on my birthday.

I don’t drink alcohol at all so that doesn’t seem weird to me. 

I know it’s the middle of a pandemic but maybe Kendra got to do what she wanted on her birthday, and someone volunteered to watch the kids so she could have some “me time”. 

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Other than their skewed beliefs Joe and Kendra seem like genuinely caring folks.

If I had to be in a remote cabin for a weekend with a Duggar couple, I would pick them.

Yeah I wouldn’t mind having to sit next to Joe & Kendra on a long haul flight (whenever we have those again), but without their kids. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

I like her dress. Did she wear Citrus and Lemon before?

Yeah the dress isn’t my style (I don’t like small prints) but I like the shape and it looks cute on her with those sandals. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t drink alcohol at all so that doesn’t seem weird to me. 

I know it’s the middle of a pandemic but maybe Kendra got to do what she wanted on her birthday, and someone volunteered to watch the kids so she could have some “me time”. 

I don't drink either, so it's normal for me. Not everybody drinks and not all teetotalers do so for religious reasons. <-- atheist 

Joe's jeans are rather un-Duggarly form-fitting. Maybe Kendra likes them that tight. She and Joe look like they could eat each other up. 

• Love 15
On 8/12/2020 at 7:27 AM, QuinnInND said:

I see Kendra is wearing a cantelope and melon dress.  It looks very pretty on her.

I really don't know how these women get up every day and get dressed up in dresses, accessories, and make-up and hair.  For me, that would be for weddings and funerals only!

• Love 11
On 8/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, Temperance said:

They both come from toxic fundie families. They probably have very screwed up beliefs. I distrust any fundies who make fundamentalism look good. 

Me, too. Unfortunately, they're the "bait' in the "bait and switch."

Come for the apparent (though super-bland) pleasantness, stay for the fire and brimstone.

Joe actually went to school to be a more successful proselytizer..... And we know what kind of motivation it takes for a Duggar to go to school....any school....

Though I still wonder whether he didn't really go for what turned out to be a fizzled opportunity to court.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
27 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Me, too. Unfortunately, they're the "bait' in the "bait and switch."

Come for the apparent (though super-bland) pleasantness, stay for the fire and brimstone.

Joe actually went to school to be a more successful proselytizer..... And we know what kind of motivation it takes for a Duggar to go to school....any school....

Though I still wonder whether he didn't really go for what turned out to be a fizzled opportunity to court.

I've always thought Joe moved to Tennessee for a Bates girl. Maybe both parties' maternal rivalry got in the way. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The Duggars and their ilk don't possess magic, nor do they hide in plain sight well. I think the majority of folks who cross their paths are safe.

Safe in the long run, but proselytized like crazy in the short run!

I don't know about you, but I do know quite a few people who've spent some years in fundie-type churches or cults because of sweet-seeming proselytizing, though.

Most of that happened in youth and young adulthood, and most left after some years -- though with a bad taste in their mouths from the years of ridiculousness they went through and put their families through, in some cases. That's what I'm talking about.

If the sweet ones get somebody at a vulnerable moment, they can turn them into Gothardites or similar, at least temporarily. .... So I know they can be a kind of threat....They aren't just debating and discussing. They're really trying to win people over. And that can be a form of magic, if somebody's in the right frame of mind.

Many proselytizers do know how to proselytize -- or nobody would end up in Gothardland, Vision Forum, Scientology, etc., in the first place......And it's the sweet ones who are sent out to be the first face of the organization for those they hope to win.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
15 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Safe in the long run, but proselytized like crazy in the short run!

I don't know about you, but I do know quite a few people who've spent some years in fundie-type churches or cults because of sweet-seeming proselytizing, though.

Most of that happened in youth and young adulthood, and most left after some years -- though with a bad taste in their mouths from the years of ridiculousness they went through and put their families through, in some cases. That's what I'm talking about.

If the sweet ones get somebody at a vulnerable moment, they can turn them into Gothardites or similar, at least temporarily. .... So I know they can be a kind of threat....They aren't just debating and discussing. They're really trying to win people over. And that can be a form of magic, if somebody's in the right frame of mind.

Many proselytizers do know how to proselytize -- or nobody would end up in Gothardland, Vision Forum, Scientology, etc., in the first place......And it's the sweet ones who are sent out to be the first face of the organization for those they hope to win.

Yup, I get that. And like you said they have competition from other groups as well. There's also drugs and other types of predators out there too. But in the scheme of things, its really isn't a big bad scary world out there that we have no control over and no support.

If we go that route, we start to sound like Duggars. lol

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup, I get that. And like you said they have competition from other groups as well. There's also drugs and other types of predators out there too. But in the scheme of things, its really isn't a big bad scary world out there that we have no control over and no support.

If we go that route, we start to sound like Duggars. lol

You just have to avoid jumping on anybody's bandwagon, no matter how sweet and tempting it seems, when you're in an especially vulnerable state. Too bad that's way easier said than done, in some cases! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, I think we've found the 'winner'. In February Kendra will be 22 with 3 kids, 2 and under. If Joe and Kendra keep going at this rate they'll reach 20 kids with no problem.

Yep. Unlike her slacker sisters-in-law (Duggar daughters and Duggar DILs), Kendra understands her mission, and she's well on her way to pumping out as many babies for Jesus as Saint Michelle. Or should I say, nearly as many babies? Because somehow I think that the worst sin one could commit in Duggarland would be to upstage Saint ("and I delivered every one!!") Michelle.

Did Kendra ever fuck around with the Duggar Amateur Hour DIY with Jesus Homebirthing Plan™? Or has she pretty much skipped that nonsense and had her babies in a hospital, under real medical care? If so, that bodes well for her continued ability to deliver healthy babies. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Did Kendra ever fuck around with the Duggar Amateur Hour DIY with Jesus Homebirthing Plan™? Or has she pretty much skipped that nonsense and had her babies in a hospital, under real medical care? If so, that bodes well for her continued ability to deliver healthy babies. 

No. Kendra has had two hospital births so far.  She's definitely in the running to beat her  in-law's.  Also, how can she say they weren't expecting a pregnancy this soon? Is she breast feeding? Does she think that's a 100% effective form of BC? Oh, sweet, naive Kendra.  Maybe get off of your husband, and read a book about birth control. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
On 8/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, Heathen said:

I've always thought Joe moved to Tennessee for a Bates girl. Maybe both parties' maternal rivalry got in the way. 

Now THAT would have made for some riveting episodes of TV! 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

I think this thread needs a new name - something like "Joe and Kendra so far beyond the side hugs... "

I thought that too.

I mentioned elsewhere that if by choice or not Derick and Jill have no more children,  at least those boys aren't just another number, moved to the side with the next blessing. Despite their beliefs, at least they have a chance to spend time with their parents and be kids, not just a mini parent. 

• Love 17

I read the article and saw the pictures, and I have questions.  WTF is Kendra wearing?  There is so much fabric it looks like she is a little girl playing dress up with a California king-sized sheet.  Which is a choice when announcing you are pregnant with your 3rd child.  

Also, life is full of surprises??  They had unprotected sex and she got pregnant, again.  Did they expect a different outcome?  

• LOL 7
  • Love 16