Type keyword(s) to search

Joe & Kendra: Looking Forward To Side Hugs

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

I feel like we can't see it yet, but we're watching all of the vitality drain out of that girl.

I feel the same.  I figured this announcement was coming, but it still made me sad.  Kendra has such a sweet nature and unlike many of the Duggars actually seems to have a kind heart.  If they were to stop having kids here (or even after 4 or 5), I wouldn't be as concerned about her.  But we all know that isn't going to happen.  

In the episode where the guys put together a "spa day" for the women, Austin mentioned to Joe & Ben (I think they were the other two there) how hard it must be for their wives to take care of kids all day.  But none of them ever seem to consider that they don't have to take this route of having enormous broods of kids and having them every other year (or faster).  I find their entire existence very sad and frustrating because it doesn't have to be this way.   

• Love 8
1 hour ago, galaxychaser said:

I just hope Kendra doesn’t channel Andrea Yates. It’s just sad. Her sole purpose in life is to have kids. That’s it.

No school, job, travel, having hobbies... nothing. Just a baby machine.

I see no signs that Kendra suffers from severe mental illness like Andrea, and none of the Duggars or Duggar sons-in-law are abusive assholes like Rusty; so, I don't see Kendra channeling Andrea Yates ever.  

• Love 20

Kendra needs to start having more headaches at least every day for a year. 
Also the Instagram name will need to be changed Little Duggar Family? Not for long. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I see no signs that Kendra suffers from severe mental illness like Andrea, and none of the Duggars or Duggar sons-in-law are abusive assholes like Rusty; so, I don't see Kendra channeling Andrea Yates ever.  

When Kendra had Garrett and she found out she was expecting she did say then she was overwhelmed, (I think at the thought of two kids under two) now she’s got two kids and another on the way, I wonder what’s that like for her. Not saying she’ll be like Andrea Yates but I wouldn’t be surprised if she had some kinda breakdown.

• Love 7

I’m not surprised. They are both young and healthy and sexually attracted to each other not using contraceptives. Kendra could easily hit Michelle or Kelly Bates numbers- Kelly didn’t have any twins. 

Kendra seems sweet matured and pleasant but this is going to wear her out. Let’s see if she keeps that sweet spirit at 40. 

• Love 12
30 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I work with a group who counsel  women  in "particular religions" who suffer from PPD and in some cases psychosis ..it takes ...taking to the bed in utter and complete depression before husbands help the wives.-the women  literally have to stop functioning....and the help is sought  only if the husband really loves the wife...the last women  I worked with  laid on the floor, prostrate , grief stricken and at times incoherent   at the back of the room ...and really did not receive what she needed while at the program...it was only after her husband agreed--no more kids that she let go of the fear...Fear of being in that situation again (pregnant)....it really takes a network of women in their peer group and caring husbands for the stigma to break...and some do not make it..many in certain "communities" take their own life....

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Really? Sweet surprise? Are they that dumb....

image.png

image.jpeg

I think they're mainly just that indoctrinated into using language (and thinking thoughts) that are "innocent" and "godly" according to their falsehood-addicted patriarchs. 

If you acknowledge that you understand the biology of sex and reproduction, next thing you know you'll be a slut....or a scientist. Jesus hates those. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, I think we've found the 'winner'. In February Kendra will be 22 with 3 kids, 2 and under. If Joe and Kendra keep going at this rate they'll reach 20 kids with no problem.

Well, there'll be some problems. 😁

They're both "faith-filled" -- and brainwashed -- enough to try it, too, at least currently, I expect. Maybe some of the inevitable problems will slow them down. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I am convinced you cannot be a decent parent with so many children, so close in age ( assuming you don't have hired help) . I think this is neglectful parenting, truly. If they stop at 5 or 6, they can actually have a chance to do better than Michelle. But I doubt they will.

I don't really hear many people talking fondly of coming from large ( I'll say 7+ kids) for argument sake. 

My mom was the oldest of 7, and hated it. To add to that, her family was financially well off, with a big house and a live-in nanny and she STILL hated it. 

I don't think Kendra will be an extreme case like Andrea Yates, but she'll feel the strain. I don't think Joe is abusive but I don't think he's particularly helpful either. Case in point, the episode where the producer asked if Garrett was jealous of Addison and Joe answered "no" as Kendra said "yes." I imagine his parenting style is a lot like Boob's where he occasionally plays and does fun stuff, but leaves the grunt work to Kendra. 

• Love 15
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

My mom was the oldest of 7, and hated it. To add to that, her family was financially well off, with a big house and a live-in nanny and she STILL hated it. 

I don't think Kendra will be an extreme case like Andrea Yates, but she'll feel the strain. I don't think Joe is abusive but I don't think he's particularly helpful either. Case in point, the episode where the producer asked if Garrett was jealous of Addison and Joe answered "no" as Kendra said "yes." I imagine his parenting style is a lot like Boob's where he occasionally plays and does fun stuff, but leaves the grunt work to Kendra. 

I worked with a woman who was one of 9 children. She grew up very poor and was VERY resentful of the fact that I am an only child. She would call me spoiled and other not so nice things. She was a very angry person. This was the only job in all my years that I would go in the bathroom and cry.  Looking back, I should have been more vocal about her verbal abuse to me and gotten her fired. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 4

I really can't say anything because I had 3 babies in 4 years, but I was 29 when I had my first, and I did stop after 3.  In fact, DH got snipped  3 months before number 3 was born.

I really hope they slow down.  And FFS, stop with the "sweet surprise" crap.  They are young, healthy, and obviously fertile.  It's hardly a surprise unless a condom broke, and I highly doubt that happened.

ETA:  I was one of 5.  No complaints about my childhood but interestingly none of us had more than 3 children.  And after my youngest brother was born my mother, a devout Catholic, went on the pill.  He was a surprise and she definitely did not want another.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

They are both young and healthy and sexually attracted to each other

I have a feeling it was more a case of Kendra thinking,"I'm tired but this will only take 30 seconds.  Might as well make him happy."

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I really can't say anything because I had 3 babies in 4 years, but I was 29 when I had my first, and I did stop after 3.  In fact, DH got snipped  3 months before number 3 was born.

I really hope they slow down.  And FFS, stop with the "sweet surprise" crap.  They are young, healthy, and obviously fertile.  It's hardly a surprise unless a condom broke, and I highly doubt that happened.

ETA:  I was one of 5.  No complaints about my childhood but interestingly none of us had more than 3 children.  And after my youngest brother was born my mother, a devout Catholic, went on the pill.  He was a surprise and she definitely did not want another.

I'm one of 6; 3 of us have never married and aren't going to be having kids, one sister had 3 children (2 born after the death of her first), one sister with 2 (wanted 3 but hubby didn't) and another sister with fertility problems although she has 3 stepsons who were pretty young when she married their dad.   All of us appreciated having been part of a large family but none of us wanted to do it ourselves.

Of course, when I was growing up in the 60's, a lot of families were big, most moms stayed home.  It was a different time.  My mom used a diaphragm between 5 and 6 and there are more than 9 years between.  My youngest sister is the result of too much beer on St Paddy's day.

The thing is, most people have children in order to raise them, to give them the good things that they got as kids, to give them more than they got as kids whether it's time and attention or piano lessons or trips to the beach.  These Quiverfull folks seem bent on giving their children less that they got as kids.  Much less.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

The thing is, most people have children in order to raise them, to give them the good things that they got as kids, to give them more than they got as kids whether it's time and attention or piano lessons or trips to the beach.  These Quiverfull folks seem bent on giving their children less that they got as kids.  Much less.

I don't see how this can really result from anything except sheer selfishness in service of your personal ego, which is puffed up by being able to point to so many many examples of your little sperm-or-egg fruit running around loose. (IOW, biology pushing you and you not having the sense to push back in service of more important values and goals, like the children's welfare).

I hate it that they hide this behind their bullshit about its being in the service of the Lort.

And to me it makes them either people with no ethics or morals -- just ego ego ego. Or idiots.....Or both.

I think the "less" that I hate most may be that, if more than a first unfortunate kid generation emerges from a family like this, the home "schooling" the kids get will inevitably be provided by less and less and less well educated people as the years go on. Hindering their chances of escape in some ways.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19
55 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

The whole " but how did this happen we are so shocked!!' is LITERALLY the most annoying thing in the world. You've gone through this process 2 times already FFS. YOU KNOW!

24 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Exactly. I was one of 4 and felt that I got lost in the shuffle during times. I definitely feel like I want to give more attention to my daughter  than I sometimes got as a kid ( and my parents really are great, no hard feelings, but there are only so many hours in a day). I acted out a lot and had very low self esteem until I was an adult. We plan to have one more and then be done.

Coincidentally, my two older siblings who got a ton of attention and what not are both already at 3 kids. I'll be curious to see what my youngest sibling does ( his wife is currently expecting #1).

Time will tell on whether any duggar offspring will go big on the numbers. Once you hit 10 kids I am sure the novelty has worn off and they aren't going to get the attention Michelle had when she was doing 15 kids and counting specials. People just don't care anymore. Been there done that. 

• Love 9

I noticed yesterday in looking up Joseph's realtor registration in arkansas  first thing that came up on him was grandma mary's address. with a B after the address numbers.

I don't think I have seen that before. the one and only house Joseph was the selling agent on, is now his address with a B??

I am confused

Good Neighbor Realty, also has Mary's old house address listed as a location, with the street # with a B as an address, which I have not seen before

1935B ++++ Rd.

Springdale, AR 72762

DUGGAR, JAMES SA00028147 SPRINGDALE, AR 72766GOOD NEIGHBOR REALTY12/31/2020No

DUGGAR, JOSEPH G.PB00080071 SPRINGDALE, AR 72766GOOD NEIGHBOR REALTY12/31/2020No

no idea if this means anything or nothing, but I find the Duggar attempts at shifting and hiding things fascinating....... maybe it comes up that way now because Joseph was listed as the selling agent or something

to add - a house on Stone St in Springdale near a Walmart Super Center -Joseph was a listing agent. house sold in April. Pickles had that Ma and Pa Caldwell moved from the JB owned house behind JED!s car lot to a joseph owned property a few months back

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

This is crazy! I expected an announcement from Kendra by the end of the year, but not quite this soon. 

Garrett and Addison are 17 months apart, Addison and #3 will be 15 months apart like Spurgeon and Henry.

This is Michelle's speed. They will have 3 kids under 3. Everyone else, who married before them, is slower.

Jessa should be nervous, because her main thing is having the largest second generation Duggar family on television (Josh and Anna are not really featured any more). 

Speaking of Jessa, if either Jessa or Lauren had announced a pregnancy on Joy's due date, everyone would be talking about either of them was trying to steal Joy's thunder.  Kendra is a thunder-stealer!

Both Joe and Kendra need to take responsibility for chosing to have kids so quickly. If anyone, I blame Joe, because he is the headship and Kendra has to be "joyfully available". And there is no reason for Kendra to be surprised. 

Kendra and Joe were married September 8, 2017 so next month is the third wedding anniversary. Congratulations!

I wish Kendra a healthy pregnancy, a safe delivery, and a healthy baby.  

• Love 5

I hate how their always "surprised". How can you be surprised to have a kid every year? I'm not surprised but really someone needs to talk to the 2nd generation Duggars about the fun of sex without getting pregnant! Come on 2nd generation Duggars you don't know what your missing! 

• Love 12

Some parents can handle 5 kids in a short period of time. One of my best friends has 5, ranging in age currently from 8-20. 3 boys and bookend girls.  She's one of the few that can do it with so many. All her kids are awesome. Both she and her husband come from large families too. It really depends on the parents. I was one of 2 kids 6 years apart. I was ignored and abused. My sister was the golden child. She was given all the love my birth vessel and stepfather never gave me. So having children close together or far apart isn't always an indication of if the kids will be loved and taken care of. I hope that Joe and Kendra slow down a bit. Yeah, that won't happen. Duggars gotta breed for Jesus. 

Edited by QuinnInND
Because short and shirt and two totally different words.
  • Love 3

I'd really hate to see Kendra's sweet nature get broken by having more kids than "they" (meaning she) can responsibly handle. From the very little I've seen of her, she's my favorite Duggar-in-law, but she does very obviously drink the kool aid and seems quite content to follow the expectations the men have created. 

• Love 9

Maybe the Joe/Kendra announcement is purposefully on Joy's due date to funnel attention from her so she can have a little more privacy.

As far as the "B" on the address thing goes, there are times when more than one building or more than one family are at a single address and splitting it into "units" is practical.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I'd really hate to see Kendra's sweet nature get broken by having more kids than "they" (meaning she) can responsibly handle. From the very little I've seen of her, she's my favorite Duggar-in-law, but she does very obviously drink the kool aid and seems quite content to follow the expectations the men have created. 

I think of their many skewed beliefs, using any kind of birth control would hard for them. The two Duggar women that have fully embraced pants are the only two to have put some thought into when and how many kids to have. And that's just wearing pants. But "denying God's blessings" is a whole other ball game.

Unless a kind woman explains fertility and headaches to Kendra, I think she'll continue to be "surprised" every year.

• Love 2

Three-ish/fourish years from now: 6 kids under age 7-- 

Joe: Hey hey hey!

Kendra: Maybe we should go back to side hugs. 

If she suggests this by any means, I hope he listens. 

9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Unless a kind woman explains fertility and headaches to Kendra, I think she'll continue to be "surprised" every year.

I assume they go to Kendra's dad's church. And of course Kendra stays home and Joe works for Jim Bob. And vacationing and general hanging out with others seems to be all with their families. 

I wonder if they ever venture beyond the confines of Duggar-Caldwell-land at all, except to visit the supermarket?

Because if they don't, Kendra will never get any input from adults other than those in her and Joe's families......And we know what they'll all say. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think of their many skewed beliefs, using any kind of birth control would hard for them. The two Duggar women that have fully embraced pants are the only two to have put some thought into when and how many kids to have. And that's just wearing pants. But "denying God's blessings" is a whole other ball game.

Grandma Jane (Bates) tried to explain it to Alyssa and it hasn't helped. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ouinason said:

As far as the "B" on the address thing goes, there are times when more than one building or more than one family are at a single address and splitting it into "units" is practical.

yes I agree but since Mary's house/property was recently sold this year with Joseph listed as the seller's agent and suddenly a search for his realtor license brings up that address makes me wonder who is living at ****A

does anyone remember more than one building on Mary's property?  I do not. Maybe Joe and Kendra hauled the log cabin off JB's property on to Grandma Mary's old property or something with an easement. I truly do not know. I just know that address has never shown up when I have  searched Joe"s realtor license before today

Same as I have never seen anything like the info that showed up on Josiah's Milagro Designs LLC  before yesterday.

• Love 2

I am the oldest of 8.  The 5th was born right after I started 1st grade (I had just turned 6).  #6 was born almost 4 years after #5, #7 was born 18 months after #6.  My mother came close to dying when #7 was born, due to a ruptured placenta previa, and I assume was told not to have another child. #8 was born 3.5 years after #7.   She had a hysterectomy when#8 was in 2nd grade.

Two of my siblings had 3 children each, two of them had 2 children each, and one brother had 1 child.  One brother and his wife were unable to have children and two of us have never married. 
I remember seeing the relief statue on the front of my Catholic elementary school, of a family that showed a mom, dad, boy and girl.  I remember thinking that was strange because I didn’t think any family had only 2 children (it was the early 60s).  I do remember visiting a classmate who was an only child and thinking it very strange that there was a bedroom in her house that no one slept in....

I can only hope that Joe and Kendra can take into account the emotional health and well being of any children they may have.  But then again, they may not.

• Love 13

Late to the party but not at all surprised. This was inevitable, even beating Duggar Data's prediction of a March 2021 blessing. JoKen will have to move out of that log cabin (which hasn't moved) sooner rather than later.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, galaxygirl76 said:

Isn't she the one who was overwhelmed back when they just had the one kid?

Yes, which makes me concerned that blanket training might be the solution to how to help Mommy manage a bunch of little kids.

3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

To be fair, the Duggar grandchildren are getting a lot more than the Duggar kids ever got, but that will stop once the TLC money is gone and they realize none of them have any work experience or reliable job skills.

ETA: I was thinking about the better clothing, food, and shelter the grandkids have, I spaced out on the fact that any of them being schooled by a Duggar daughter is going to be screwed educationally. You can't teach what you don't know.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 5

The thing about Kendra's situation (and any other similar, like Kendra's mother's situation) that for me moves it from OMG to "this is completely unimaginable!" is that when Blessing #1 turns 5 or 6, the mother must then open a school for that blessing. And teach that blessing school-like subjects of some kind for some significant chunk of the day. At the very same time that Blessings aged 0 to 5 are loose in the same general area doing and needing all the things that kids aged 0 to 5 do and need all day. And while the mother is not only responsible for managing all that vast miscellany of needs....but must also keep the house from falling down or getting into a state in which smaller children are lost because they're buried in dirt, wash the clothes, wash the dishes, keep all these people -- and herself and her husband -- fed.....ETC.

And of course, quite soon after this starts, mom may soon be pregnant again. And you have to keep up the school part of it for 12 years per kid.

Completely, totally, absolutely unimaginable.

• Love 10