Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Embarrassing the Sister Wives

• Start Topic

That doughnut game was laughable! Janelle acting like she needs her hands to eat a doughnut is the biggest joke of all- we all know she could eat a whole box in seconds with both hands tied. She is huge...

Kody: " a man is not a financial plan"... hahaha- but a woman whose family is on a reality tv show is!! 

Kody's obsession with his daughter's sexuality is disturbing. 

The idea that they are proud of Mykelti ( instead of being disappointed and embarrassed) for demanding that they pay for the honeymoon nauseates me. What an entitled, delusional brat. 

The time to build a good foundation for a relationship is before you get engaged, NOT during the engagement. 

Meri looked like she was in a fugue state- except when she was picking at her clothes and wiping away her eye boogers. 

Judging by the way Christine was acting at the cookie tasting, the secret ingredient in those cookies was marijuana....

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

On the outskirts of Vegas are many seedy motels that rent by the hour. We should all chip in a dollar for a 15 minute rental for the honeymoon.

Add in a bag of play sand from Home Depot and you have got your beach vacation !

I think this bargain they struck was totally fake. I just don't see Kody or any of the wives agreeing to those ridiculous and entitled terms.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Maddie was making 40 dream catchers out of embroidery hoops. Those things are expensive! Why not just make hoops out of wire and add all the floaty crap and doilies. 

Better yet don't co-opt another culture for your wedding decorations.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Juliegirlj said:

The time to build a good foundation for a relationship is before you get engaged, NOT during the engagement.

Thank you, YES. A short engagement wouldn't be an issue if these two had been dating more than 2 months before they GOT engaged. (Okay, I can't recall how long they'd been together, but I swear the first time marriage was mentioned - in Hawaii - it had only been a few months. )

• Love 1

I was super-confused about the "casual reception" that Christine and Robyn were shopping for...I assume it will be held in Las Vegas at some point AFTER the wedding?  And they're expecting 200 guests?  I'm guessing those are mostly people who weren't invited or able to attend the ceremony in Montana.  Does that really require buying extra furniture?  Rent that shit!

• Love 6
1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Every time  I turn on my tv a little icon comes on telling me that there is a new interactive service available, is this where I can reach into the screen and knocks some heads together ? If so I will hit  "learn more"

First Tony says they can mortgage their home for their wedding now they must pay for a honeymoon??  What balls. 

I think they saw the kind of honeymoon that the Duggar girls received and thought cha-cing.  Paris time!!!!

That low rent trip to Hawaii last summer should have been their clue about any travel$$$$ for Kody spawn.  They will be lucky if TLC paid for a trip to Reno.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

They aren't really the same: http://www.differencebetween.net/miscellaneous/fashion-beauty/differences-between-bohemian-and-hippie/

But then Maddie didn't seem to either go bohemian or hippy at her wedding.  That dress she wore was definitely neither.

I haven't seen the latest yet, but from what I did see at least of her gown & such, the wedding seems to be vintage/country, or maybe 'shabby chic'? in style; definitely not bohemian.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 1

Okay, I read that link, so if "bohemian" means wearing vintage clothing (from any era, right?) and mixing them for fashionista points and "hippie" means wearing whatever you want because freedom (and presumably vintage hallucinogenics), what if a hippie dresser wants to wear vintage clothing from different eras and looks really good doing it? Is she still hippie or is she accidentally bohemian? Is it a matter of intent?

Showing myself out...

PS. Seriously, that article made no sense. Needed photos or diagrams or something. But the attempt to educate those of us who are tragically unhip is appreciated.

• Love 5

Is she still hippie or is she accidentally bohemian? Is it a matter of intent?

It doesn't mean squat when you pick the same dress as 500 other brides do on Say Yes to the Dress.  Strapless, form-fitting with an exploding bottom.  The most boring and ubiquitous wedding dress ever designed.  It's not bohemian, it's not hippy, it's indistinguishable from all others of the same silhouette.  And I agree with 3girlsforus with all of this theme crap.  The theme is called "wedding".

• Love 22
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It doesn't mean squat when you pick the same dress as 500 other brides do on Say Yes to the Dress.  Strapless, form-fitting with an exploding bottom.  The most boring and ubiquitous wedding dress ever designed.  It's not bohemian, it's not hippy, it's indistinguishable from all others of the same silhouette.

Maddie actually tried on a dress I considered boho and thought it looked wonderful on her. It was the second dress, I think. All lacy and flowy. It wasn't something I have seen a million other times and would have fit the "theme" and setting perfectly. Disclaimer- I hate with a purple passion those molded, strapless dresses that you wiggle around inside of. Get a damn dress instead of a suit of armor.

• Love 12
17 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

It doesn't mean squat when you pick the same dress as 500 other brides do on Say Yes to the Dress.  Strapless, form-fitting with an exploding bottom.  The most boring and ubiquitous wedding dress ever designed.  It's not bohemian, it's not hippy, it's indistinguishable from all others of the same silhouette.  And I agree with 3girlsforus with all of this theme crap.  The theme is called "wedding".

I hate that kind of wedding dress too. It's just like everyone else and it is SO unflattering to almost everyone. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who doesn't get the theme stuff. It's like trying to put a theme on Christmas.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Marigold said:

I think in this episode, they all came off so spoiled, bitchy and yucky.  No one was even remotely likable. I really hated all of them.  Janelle is really a nutcase. 

Christine does seem much happier lately.  Looks like she got some antidepressants to help ease the joys of polygamy. 

LOL and amen to Christine getting "antidepressants to help ease the joys of polygamy." How these morons can't see the ridiculousness of trying to convince the viewing audience that they are so much happier than those of us who practice monogamy is beyond me.  We rarely see an episode where one or more of them isn't miserable and crying.

• Love 5

So I had this crazy idea. I really doubt it's true but if it is it would be so hilarious. Most of us are assuming that Kody would do almost anything to keep the show on TV.  In his mind things like weddings, parties, and vacations do that. So he sees Mykelti dating this guy. They claim they don't know him but that's crap. They just mean he isn't from the accepted family pool. So Kody starts dropping hints that Mykelti could be the next TLC bride, but means into next season so he could assure himself of another TLC supported wedding and at least one more season. He might even assume the wedding will never happy but TLC will extend the show assuming they will have another wedding storyline. Instead Mykelti turns the tables on him. They get engaged right away and starts insisting on an quick wedding. After all Maddie is getting one, why not her? All the while she knows she has him over a barrel and agrees to the "compromise" of all her demands to put of the wedding to fit better into Kody's scheme. I know it's more likely that Mykelti and Tony are just selfish, immature brats but I would love to believe they are really just acting that way on purpose to get to Kody. LOL

Edited by 3girlsforus
  • Love 5
Just now, 3girlsforus said:

So I had this crazy idea. I really doubt it's true but if it is it would be so hilarious. Most of us are assuming that Kody would do almost anything to keep the show on TV.  In his mind things like weddings, parties, and vacations do that. So he sees Mykelti dating this guy. They claim they don't know him but that's crap. They just mean he isn't from the accepted family pool. So Kody starts dropping hints that Mykelti could be the next TLC bride, but means into next season so he could assure himself of another TLC supported wedding and at least one more season. Instead Mykelti turns the tables on him. They get engaged right away and starts insisting on an quick wedding. After all Maddie is getting one, why not her? All the while she knows she has him over a barrel and agrees to the "compromise" of all her demands to put of the wedding to fit better into Kody's scheme. I know it's more likely that Mykelti and Tony are just selfish, immature brats but I would love to believe they are really just acting that way on purpose to get to Kody. LOL

It's probably both.  TLC is super duper important to the Brown Circus.  And Mykelti is spoiled and immature. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Robyn and Christine and their BFF love for each other, barf!!! I get such a phony vibe from Christine. I've said this before but I swear Christine medicates. I think she's on anti-depressants or something. 

I'm on an anti-depressant, is there something wrong with that?  Seems to me the only viable option is suicide.  An anti-depressant doesn't make you giddy.  This is how Christine's personality used to be, and then she was depressed for several seasons.

10 hours ago, Kellyee said:

Maddie didn't have to ask for anything, or negotiate anything. All 5 parents came running to give her whatever she wanted. They are bending over backwards for Maddie's out-of-state wedding, but forcing Mykelti to ask and negotiate. It may just be poor planning (throwing all resources at one child when you have 18 kids), but it also smells a little of favoritism.

Not to mention all the attention being heaped on the two kids who dropped out of college and are getting married at 19 without a single skill that would help them get a good job, and no attention or praise being heaped on the kids who are staying in college and being responsible. Maybe Logan, Aspyn, and Mariah should try to negotiate for a vacation paid for by Kody.

A little favoritism?  I would say Maddie has been elevated to #1, and the next child starts at (maybe) 50.  She is queen bee and loving it.  And you're right, I'm not seeing kind, humble Maddie, grateful for every scrap of attention.  I see a young woman who's in the driver's seat, telling her parents what will happen, and in no way trying to cut costs on the budget - unless you count homemade dream catchers.  I love them, too, but that's cultural appropriation.  I especially laugh at people who have them hanging off their rearview mirrors.  They're DREAM catchers.  They work to protect your sleep.

As much as I'm not liking Mariah's sour puss attitude with Meri, she's really surprised her.  Most believed she was going to fail at her dream at being a doctor, and simply sponge off her parents.  Instead, she quickly revised to more attainable goal of PA, has maintained a job, and seems to be living a responsible, mature life.  She's also had her eyes opened about polygamy, and maybe even opened up about her sexuality.  Come to think of it, since Mariah 100% takes her father's side, I don't think her eyes were "opened" because women suffer in polygamy.  They're open because she quite possibly has come out of the closet, and knows there's no heavenly options available for her in her religion.  Although I guess she can be pulled through the veil by her father, isn't that how it's done in LDS?

And while many here laughed and called Mykelti stupid for wanting an August wedding in LV, it was confirmed that Mykelti had wanted an August wedding in Utah. 

10 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Just a few thoughts.

• I officially want to barf every time Kody opens his mouth.  If he had said "negotiate" one more time, I'd have pulled out my .38 and then needed to buy a new TV.
  • "Mykelti whisperer" inferred a soft but unyielding control vibe from Tony.  Scary.  
  • So how do you have a "small" wedding in a park for 400 people?  Or at a "golf course"?  Do they not know that - unless they get married in the parking lot at the St. George public golf course - that would cost a TON of money?  
  • 400 people????
  • Yep, Robyn's oldest managed to sit right next to Mykelti at the big announcement.  Maybe she wanted to stay close in case she's asked to be maid of honor.
  • If Robyn's oldest said anything at the couch segment, it was edited out.  Thank you editors.
  • I was agape at Robyn's "I love you, Kody, but PLEASE STOP."  There's power in the piece of paper, isn't there?
  • I laughed out loud when Christine said she's been "off sugar" for 20 days because she was trying to eat healthier.  Maybe we should all STRIVE with Christine instead of Janelle.

Oh Aurora talked a bit.  She went on about the beauty of Caleb and Maddie's love, and how they're made for each other, etc.  I'm not sure, but there were some grand arm motions as well.  This girl is definitely going polygamy, IMO, and she's being trained by her mother to be the first wife.  And I can't hardly blame her, look at how her life has changed and improved since she met the Browns.  And while most people criticize Robyn for bringing Dayton into this huge chaotic family, the kid has really bloomed since we first met him.  I wouldn't want to be a Brown, but it's been a bonanza for Robyn and her kids.

• Love 5

And while most people criticize Robyn for bringing Dayton into this huge chaotic family, the kid has really bloomed since we first met him.

I've actually been pretty impressed by the way the other siblings treat Dayton.  He is just "one of the guys" for the most part and he has indeed blossomed. Nice to see.

• Love 16

So, just paid closer attention to Myekti "bargaining" with her parents and what really bugged me was the smug, princess-y look on her face. And after she got her way, I don't recall her ever saying "thank you" to her parents. THEY said "thank you" to HER! 

Not, "thank you family for making sure my day is special" but rather, "I manipulated them and I won." What a little snot. No gratitude at all. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, ghoulina said:

One being - asking "fly by the seat of his pants" Kody to officiate AND write your vows. Why? WHY??? So much dithering. You know there are basic outlines of wedding ceremonies you can print online. It doesn't need to be such a big deal. Except it does...because it's Kody. And he LOVES the drama. Also, apparently God favors him, because he's desperate. 

Great post, but I only quoted this one passage to respond to.  I've thought a lot about why Maddie chose Kody to officiate.  Maddie, like most of Janelle's other children (excepting Logan), shows the least respect to her father.  So why have him marry them?  I think it comes down to the sealing.  Maddie may have decided to opt out of polygamy, but that doesn't mean she doesn't still believe in the majority of other Mormon teachings.  She said LDS was the only religion she felt her beliefs aligned with, and they apparently rejected her.  Mormons believe you are "sealed" eternally to your spouse.  You're linked eternally, he pulls you through the veil, and you live happily ever after on his planet.  So she chose Kody because he's a priesthood holder, and can seal them spiritually. 

Sealing amuses me a little, because you can be unsealed, and then sealed to another spouse.  Which means you are now sealed to a man who may not be the father of your children, so doesn't that screw up the planets?  And what happens if you die before your husband?  Do you just float around until he dies and pulls you through the veil?  Or does your father pull you through the veil?  What if your father isn't Mormon (I know a couple of women in this situation), and you die unmarried?  No planet life for you?  I could never ask these questions of my LDS friends, because it sounds disrespectful.  But I need to know.

8 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also wanted to mention how great Christine is looking.  I loved her patterned maxi skirt with the red t-shirt and denim jacket.  And later she had on a denim shirt and reddish pants.  Go Christine.  Her attractiveness seems to be inversely proportional to Robyn, who is looking more and more sour and frumpy.  Interesting.

I wonder why Princess Arielalalalala isn't being featured like King Sol was?  We saw her a little bit, but......oh, never mind.  She's a girl.  Answered my own question.

Oh I think baby Ariella is quite doted on.  We see her being passed around and cuddled.  Even Janelle was cuddling her!  Janelle, who's rarely been seen holding another woman's child, or even speaking to one.  I think Solomon was unique because he sealed the Yours, Mine, Ours, with the family.  Been there, done that, TLC is over it.  Good for baby girl if she's not getting a camera shoved in her face 24/7.   Even King Sol is no longer King Sol.  I don't remember even seeing him this season.  Robyn's kids have really had their camera time reduced.  Maybe because Robyn is worn out and doesn't want the cameras in her house.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, SuzyLee said:

Thank you!  It looked like a Glamour Shots picture of Jesus.  All that was missing were shades and a black leather jacket, held over one shoulder by a single finger.

I could be wrong, but I thought it was a drawing of Jesus, "Prince of Peace" done by Akiane. 

If Mykelti feels like her wedding isn't being celebrated, she needs to hold this reaction until Mariah asks for a lesbian wedding. 

I continue to have compassion for Mykelti. Yeah, she's coming across as a brat but due to the way her mother raised her she is incapable of sharing her thoughts and feelings about Kody's favoritism.  Brattiness is the only authorized way to express it. Kody never treated the brood of children equally and Mykelti is in the lowest caste.  This was supposed to be her moment and the family failed her. Maddie has a resort being rented out by TLC -- which the family negotiated. 

If Mykelti feels like her wedding isn't being celebrated, she needs to hold this reaction until Mariah asks for a lesbian wedding. 

I continue to have compassion for Mykelti. Yeah, she's coming across as a brat but due to the way her mother raised her she is incapable of sharing her thoughts and feelings about Kody's favoritism.  Brattiness is the only authorized way to express it. Kody never treated the brood of children equally and Mykelti is in the lowest caste.  This was supposed to be her moment and the family failed her. Maddie has a resort being rented out by TLC -- which the family negotiated. 

The 20-year-fight over resources for your set of children continues to this date. Fuck Christine for not advocating for her daughter. 

• Love 4

Long time lurker first time poster. I haven't read all the comments yet so I apologize if these things have been covered already but just had to create an account to post my own thoughts and observations. The first thing that struck me about this episode was the TH where Mykeltie was bragging about her manipulating skills and Tony made that gesture with his hands. At first I had no idea what he was doing but she sure knew that he was telling her she was getting the big head. This must not have been the first time he has inisuated that for her to know so fast what he was saying and maybe I'm being to sensitive but it strikes me as his way of controlling her by bringing her down. I see a red flag for future verbal abuse and I say this from experience. 

Another thought I had was her requesting the honeymoon. Makes me think that Maddie and Caleb are getting some sort of compensation for airing their wedding like maybe a honeymoon or money they used for a honeymoon and this is the real reason Mykeltie was so dead set on August because this was still during the filming schedule and she would also get an aired wedding with compensation. By waiting till December she doesn't get those things and the parents know it but she can't say that while being filmed. I think that's why she said they wouldn't have the money in December but caught herself before saying she would in August JMO of course 

Last thing and I know this was another episode but I just had to comment on Robyn's comment about Caleb being the favorite son-in-law. Even if true I thought it was a very snotty thing to say on national television. I've never liked her and she's the reason I quit watching the last couple of seasons. Not sure what got me sucked into this season lol

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm on an anti-depressant, is there something wrong with that? 

Didn't say there was. How do you know I'm not on one? I'm merely stating that there has to be a reason for Christine's drastic change in personality since she was so miserable before, especially with Kody. Remember the vacation they went on together to try to mend their relationship and it was a big fail? Anyway, I don't see where anything in her life has changed to make her do a 180 like she has. 

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, sde127 said:

Last thing and I know this was another episode but I just had to comment on Robyn's comment about Caleb being the favorite son-in-law. Even if true I thought it was a very snotty thing to say on national television. I've never liked her and she's the reason I quit watching the last couple of seasons. Not sure what got me sucked into this season lol

Did Robyn say this prior to Tony showing up? Just wondering because my mother used to call my nephew her favorite grandson. He was (And always will be) her only grandson, lol. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I'm merely stating that there has to be a reason for Christine's drastic change in personality since she was so miserable before, especially with Kody. Remember the vacation they went on together to try to mend their relationship and it was a big fail? Anyway, I don't see where anything in her life has changed to make her do a 180 like she has. 

Oh but things have changed drastically in Christine's life.  Kody and Meri fell out; Robyn appears to be over him and Janelle couldn't care less. Guess who is getting a lot of attention?  I can't help but believe that is why she is in such a good place with Robyn.  As posters have noted, Christine is looking good these days.  She is glowing.    

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Did Robyn say this prior to Tony showing up? Just wondering because my mother used to call my nephew her favorite grandson. He was (And always will be) her only grandson, lol. 

She actually said it the last episode I think so I'm in the wrong thread on this one but she said that Caleb was the favorite son-in-law and if Tony wanted to compete for it then he had to spend more time with them or something along those lines. Not an exact quote by any means. It wasn't even exactly what she said but how she said it and the look on her face when she did that struck me as so snotty 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, sde127 said:

She actually said it the last episode I think so I'm in the wrong thread on this one but she said that Caleb was the favorite son-in-law and if Tony wanted to compete for it then he had to spend more time with them or something along those lines. Not an exact quote by any means. It wasn't even exactly what she said but how she said it and the look on her face when she did that struck me as so snotty 

I can picture her smug look! I am behind in my viewing.

13 hours ago, ghoulina said:

These people sure have changed from day one. Do you know how many bra straps I saw in this episode? Maddie's were on display almost constantly

Maddie has gotten sloppy since she's with Caleb, seems like most times she doesn't do her hair or wear makeup and wears tanks with her bra hanging out. Somebody will probably say that shows she is in love and that Caleb accepts her the way she is and blah, blah, blah but compared to older seasons I'm still going to say she is looking sloppy. ;)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

...unless you count homemade dream catchers.  I love them, too, but that's cultural appropriation.  I especially laugh at people who have them hanging off their rearview mirrors.  They're DREAM catchers.  They work to protect your sleep.

I have a dream catcher hanging in the trunk of my car because of Supernatural (Season 1). The Boys had one dangling in the trunk of the Impala in their weapons cache. Some of those rearview mirror dreamcatchers might be there for the same reason!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

If Mykelti feels like her wedding isn't being celebrated, she needs to hold this reaction until Mariah asks for a lesbian wedding

Mariah has always been spoiled rotten, no matter who she marries they will be rolling out the red carpet for her. It sucks that they so obviously favor certain kids. But I guess they all should be used to it growing up, it must have sucked for Christine's kids to see how their mother was in last place with their father.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I was wondering why they paid for 200 cookies?  There are 500,000 Browns with fancy kitchens so they really couldn't make 200 cookies?  I mean come on!  Meri has the wetbar!

No kidding. My mother is 78 years old with arthritis and  recently made 300 cookies all by herself in her regular kitchen for a church event. No way all those people couldn't make 200. 

• Love 10

Caleb is the favorite because he is in AUB-adjacent social circles.  Kody loves him because he is open to the polygamist lifestyle. I will not be surprised if Caleb takes on another wife or two in the next decade.  Maddie has already thrown away all the goals she set for herself two years ago.  She is in a lonely, isolated region with a husband gone for days on end.  Soon she'll be alone with a screaming kid and not even enrolled in that single online community college class anymore. She'll long for a sister wife....  

• Love 5

What the heck is a dream catcher ?

I got married in July 2000. My husband 's idiot brother got married in October 2000. It never occurred to me until watching this farce, that I could have complained about our weddings being too close. An engaged couple does not own the whole damn year. Silly.

• Love 7

And I thought Aspen was adorable when talking with her siblings, and Robyn's kid. Aspen is exactly what a young girl that age should be, having fun, going to school, joking with her brother. Not marrying some goof she met while working in a pawn shop in the middle of nowhere. 

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Maddie has gotten sloppy since she's with Caleb, seems like most times she doesn't do her hair or wear makeup and wears tanks with her bra hanging out. Somebody will probably say that shows she is in love and that Caleb accepts her the way she is and blah, blah, blah but compared to older seasons I'm still going to say she is looking sloppy. ;)

I think they all look sloppy 90% of the time. 

• Love 6

Does Janelle ever sit like a lady?   I know she's a large woman but her knees are always far apart.   I'm a fuller figure woman, but I can sit up straight and look like a lady. 

Sorry but this drives me nuts!   

• Love 10

Just finally watched this mess. I am really put off by how captivated these people are by wedding frou-frou. Just get married if you want to. You don't need arts and crafts or new furniture or cookies. I hate the wedding industry and this season has been like one long infomercial. 

Christine is looking the best she has ever looked. Good for her. Robyn looks like she's pumped out one baby too many, just played out. 

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, MissT said:

Does Janelle ever sit like a lady?   I know she's a large woman but her knees are always far apart.   I'm a fuller figure woman, but I can sit up straight and look like a lady. 

Sorry but this drives me nuts!   

I don't think she can sit any other way. She's past full figured again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CofCinci said:

Caleb is the favorite because he is in AUB-adjacent social circles.  Kody loves him because he is open to the polygamist lifestyle. I will not be surprised if Caleb takes on another wife or two in the next decade.  Maddie has already thrown away all the goals she set for herself two years ago.  She is in a lonely, isolated region with a husband gone for days on end.  Soon she'll be alone with a screaming kid and not even enrolled in that single online community college class anymore. She'll long for a sister wife....  

What does Caleb do for a living? I think they insinuated that he works in something outdoorsy, but I'm not sure what. 

Oh my god, Janelle being the only one unable to munch on the donut was such a farce. Come on, Janelle. We all know you can eat a donut.

Also, Maddie and Caleb are living together??? In sin??? Not to mention Logan and Michelle are living together, too, and they're not even engaged. But Mykelti is the one receiving all this frou frou from her father about the chastity of a relationship before marriage? That is so incredibly unfair. It is so true that Christine's children receive the worst treatment. 

Did you guys notice that FT was close captioned in this episode? LOL. Even the producers were like this kid is fucking unintelligible. 

• Love 10

I still like Jennelle.  She isn't at her best in home and crafty things but for years she was the best at pumping out babies for Christine to raise while she went to work and supported the whole lot of them.  I also am lousy at home stuff and most crafts, except for embroidery and some other things I'd pick up from time to time and do.  Also had jobs. We really never get any idea of what these folks really do, at least in any depth.  Dealing with TLC is one thing, and they have LIV but  we don't know how much, how often, heard nothing in years.  Real estate?  Doesn't seem so  tThe Closet---har har har

Bit Jenelle is down to only two kids now I believe.  Logan, Hunter, Garrison, Maddy,  all gone.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Armchair Critic said:

I noticed her hair often looks unwashed.  

57 minutes ago, ChicagoChris said:

What the heck is a dream catcher ?

I got married in July 2000. My husband 's idiot brother got married in October 2000. It never occurred to me until watching this farce, that I could have complained about our weddings being too close. An engaged couple does not own the whole damn year. Silly.

It's from Native American culture.  It's a web of sorts, with feathers hanging from it.  It catches the bad dreams in the webbing, but allows the good dreams through.

50 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Info on dream catchers.   Someone earlier mentioned not borrowing from other cultures.  These are Native American.  I'm not sure using embroidery hoops really fits the idea.

That was me.  I received one as a gift because I have frequent nightmares.  I bought one for my cousin's baby - it was tiny with white feathers, and I bought it from a Native American source.  It didnt't feel like appropriation because I bought it from NAs, and I'm using it as it created.  Not as a decoration.  And while I'm adopted, the family I was adopted into has distant NA blood.  My mom's great grandmother was full blooded Cherokee.   

• Love 1

It's ok to like things from cultures that aren't your own, as long as it's done with respect. I can't get mad at Maddie for liking dreamcatchers.

I can't get mad at every person who uses crosses for decorations or eats spaghettior likes Opera.

Im thinking Maddie is one of those girls who still had her own apartment or whatever, that's where her bill's went, etc. but closer and closer to the wedding she stayed more and more with her fiancé, and nobody really said anything. 

• Love 8
51 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

It's ok to like things from cultures that aren't your own, as long as it's done with respect. I can't get mad at Maddie for liking dreamcatchers.

I can't get mad at every person who uses crosses for decorations or eats spaghettior likes Opera.

Im thinking Maddie is one of those girls who still had her own apartment or whatever, that's where her bill's went, etc. but closer and closer to the wedding she stayed more and more with her fiancé, and nobody really said anything. 

Totally agree. Being Jewish sometimes people like/do things from our culture and it differs from normal tradition (like Chaunkah or Pesach). Even though it might be "their" version, the fact that it's being recognized is okay with me.

I'm not super observant, but my education was Ancient Near East with an emphasis on ancient languages and text. I could "correct" people but hey, unless someone asks about it, let them have their experience. 

I could use several dream catchers.......

• Love 9
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Isn't the groom's family supposed to pay for the honeymoons? Mykelti needs a spanking and a seat in the corner with her nose to the wall. If she's going to act like an overgrown toddler throwing a tantrum, she needs treated like one.

i thought Maddie was living with Caleb's family? 

Generally I thought the groom himself paid for the honeymoon. 

• Love 4