Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Embarrassing the Sister Wives

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Truely made the truest statement this episode. When asked what she thought of Mykelti and Tony's engagement she said "Its gross!" Thank you Truely. Out of the mouth of babes. Mykelti trying to come in and explain as Truely not liking the kissing? Girl bye. Truely is right on all fronts. 

Those 2 busters Tony and Mykelti aren't ready for marriage in any kind of way - not emotionally and it sounds like not financially either. Mykelti was coached by bank teller Tony and she either obviously didn't listen closely enough or he's an idiot because she made no sense. So, if they had married in August, they would have gone to the beach on their honeymoon but they can't do that in December? Were they  planning on going to the beaches of Rhode Island? You can find plenty of beaches to vacay on in December although you may have to do so outside the USA. But it doesn't stop there - since they can't have their August beach honeymoon, which they couldn't afford anyway, they want a December one, which they also could never afford but since it seems to be Kody's fault somehow that they don't have 2 pennies to rub together to spend on a honeymoon, he should pay for it? I think I just gave myself a headache.

Seriously, I wish they would tell those 2 to go ahead and get married in August they will just meet them at the courthouse with a few sleeves of Ritz crackers, 2 cans of cheese wiz and a jug of apple cider. Their pissy entitled attitudes are getting on my nerve. 

Tony being called the Mykelti whisperer is creepy and I just don't like the sound of that at all!

Um are Maddie and Caleb living together in sin?

As if I didn't need any more evidence that Kody has the emotional intelligence of a turnip he goes and says the dumbest thing I think he ever uttered. When talking about how Christine and Robyn are both easy going fun people but being sister wives can really change the dynamic between women and he doesn't know why that is?@? Bitch what!! Time-Sharing peen will do that to women you giant flaming jackass!

Damn finally found something that Janelle is seems to like and feel passionate about - fishing. Other than that and cake testing, she is just easily overwhelmed by every damn thing. I am over tired of Janelle and her laziness. She really is a bump, on a bump on a log. 

Feel like someone needs to talk with Maddie. She keeps using the word bohemian and from what I have seen, that word doesn't mean what she thinks it means. There is nothing about Maddie's dress that is bohemian. Nothing bohemian about dream catchers either, but I guess.  Her dress is the typical Kleinfeld strapless, complete with sparkly belt. 

I tend to agree with you but how can you possibly pick out the DUMBEST thing Kody has ever said?  90% of the words he speaks are dumb!  I guess we all have our favorites!

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

These people sure have changed from day one. Do you know how many bra straps I saw in this episode? Maddie's were on display almost constantly. I guess they have more pressing concerns now? 

One being - asking "fly by the seat of his pants" Kody to officiate AND write your vows. Why? WHY??? So much dithering. You know there are basic outlines of wedding ceremonies you can print online. It doesn't need to be such a big deal. Except it does...because it's Kody. And he LOVES the drama. Also, apparently God fathers him, because he's desperate. 

I did enjoy seeing Mariah and Maddie together during the dress fitting and shower, etc. I like the relationships that the kids have in this family. It's too bad the parents couldn't take a lesson from their offspring. 

Oh, except Robyn and Christine are BFFs now? Cookie drunk Christine was fucking hilarious! 

Janelle could use some cookies.....because homegirl has no emotion. I know she's an introvert, but damn. Everyone is all tearing up about the dress and her face is like a stone wall. Then she even says she isn't really feeling emotional about it, because it just seems like it was meant to be. And I'm over here like, "No, it's because you feel emotional about NOTHING". 

The bridal shower was decent enough, if you want every Pinterest idea all thrown together at once. If Maddie was happy, that's all that matters. Personally, I don't get the lingerie thing. I'm pretty private about my sex life; I've never really been the type to discuss it with girlfriends and I wouldn't want them buying me lingerie. But I guess that's what is typically done and I'm glad none of the "pure, polygamist" wives ran and threw themselves on the nighties like they were stopping a bomb. 

The donut eating thing seemed even more racy than lingerie. Robyn sure deep throated hers! And, no surprise, Jenelle didn't know what the hell to do with hers. 

So, of course I already knew Mykelti settled for a December wedding, but it was interesting how it all played out. For once I thought Robyn was the voice of reason, in telling Kody to put the kibosh on the "raging hormones" talk. That is NOT going to get them to listen to you. But it seemed like Mykelti went into that meeting already fine with a December wedding, what with the way she threw an exact date out there...and had already looked up school vacations. It's quite clear that she realized she couldn't afford what she wanted, so she needed to do it on Daddy's timeline. Honestly, that makes the most sense anyhow. 

But...um...400 people? What? Tony is all, "We know a lot of people". Wink. Wink. What was that about? That guy is SO weird. I can't even think of 40 people I'd invite to a wedding if I got married again tomorrow...400??? Have fun with that. 

Jenelle really annoyed me when she was going on about the great benefits of having sister wives. You can take off at a moment's notice, because you know you have 3 other women to watch your kids. "Poor monogamists". What? Because we can't find a babysitter? I may not have sister wives, but I have 3 SISTERS and a mother, and any one of them would watch my kids for me if need be. Bonus? They've never seen my husband's penis! The real difference here, is these people don't have JOBS. Most people can't just take off for a week because they have to WORK. 

So are Maddie and Caleb already living together? Not that I care, just interesting. Also, who is that in the picture hanging by the front door? Jesus? Or Wolverine? 

Also interesting - Aspyn has someone? 

Also interesting - all 4 wives are oldest daughters? That says a lot about Kody, actually. 

every paragraph is a YEP for me.  So well stated.  Love the last remark though.  Interesting.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

But...um...400 people? What? Tony is all, "We know a lot of people". Wink. Wink. What was that about? That guy is SO weird. I can't even think of 40 people I'd invite to a wedding if I got married again tomorrow...400??? Have fun with that.

I just feel like the two of them are trying to stick it to the family.  Mykelti has probably done a little "Marica, Marcia, Marcia" rant about snowflake Maddie on Tony and he's totally bought into her poor me/entitlement line.  So the way the parents "Bleed the beast" is the way they're going to bleed the parents.  Then again there may actually be some favoritism going on, but on the other hand, Mykelti and Tony are light years away from Maddie and Caleb in terms of maturity, so there's actually some basis for the parents' reticence.  But my BS meter was going off hearing Tony go on about 400 guests.  Something smells like a producer gimmick here.  I can't believe that Tony would sit there with a straight face and say 400 guests.  Who is he going to invite?  Everyone on their Facebook pages?  And for a guy that supposedly has so much family he never talks about them or mentions wanting them to meet Mykelti's family, which would actually help their cause if they're OK people.

• Love 10

I think in this episode, they all came off so spoiled, bitchy and yucky.  No one was even remotely likable. I really hated all of them.  Janelle is really a nutcase. 

Christine does seem much happier lately.  Looks like she got some antidepressants to help ease the joys of polygamy. 

• Love 15
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I've said this before but I swear Christine medicates. I think she's on anti-depressants or something. 

Good for her, if she is. Being married to Kody and having to put up with Meri and Robyn (Jenelle is barely existent) would make me suicidal. 

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

400 people????

I already scoffed at this, but I'm beginning to think it's so they can get 400 presents. Their registry is unreal. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, TomGirl said:

How checked out is Meri??  I'm an hour and a half into the show and I don't think she's said two words.  No eye contact either.  That is one unhappy woman!

9 hours ago, MegD said:

Is it just me or does Mindy look very much like Meri. I thought it was Meri until I noticed the name on the screen.

Both of you, get out of my head.  It's freaking me out.  ;)  But really, I noticed both these things tonight.  And I don't usually pay attention to details too much, but definitely noticed both. 

• Love 4

Yes, Mykelti, we have NO money for you to have a wedding until December.  In the meantime, Christine and Robyn run out to waste money on a bunch of non-bohemian pillows and trays (and who knows what else?) for a misnamed bohemian wedding reception for Madison and Caleb?  Huh???

• Love 13
16 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

So much this.  My first thought was - that BRAT!  Demanding that her mothers and dad pay or the honeymoon in exchange for moving her wedding to December!  I'd disown that kid!  But then...how is this different than Meri crying in the real estate office demanding that stupid wet bar?  Mykelti has grown up watching 3 women dance and preen and negotiate and cajole into getting their fair share of whatever - money, Kody time, vacations, etc.  Even though Tony skeeves me out and Mykelti is indeed a brat, I say - go for it, kid!  You're putting to use what you've learned from your mothers.  Go get you that fancy honeymoon paid for out of the grocery money of your mothers, brothers and sisters!  Hahahahaha!

So other than that, I watched 10 minutes of SW that had to do with the wind.  That was fascinating.  Even the OMG DRAMZ music in the background was riveting.  I didn't know such fierce wind existed in nature.  And how dare the wind blow during the party?  Does the wind not know who it is dilling with?  Did the wind not know better than to keep knocking over all the signs?  Silly wind.

I checked out when I glanced up from Angry Birds to see what I think was Christine and Robyn furniture shopping for an open house?  Did I hear that right?  Do you need new furniture for an open house?  Maybe I'll watch the rest later to find out.

Good points. She did indeed learn it from her whining parents. But what is she gonna do when "real" life hits her after the show is cancelled (which will inevitably happen). Enjoy your free stuff now, kiddo.

And serious LOL: "Does the wind not know who it is dilling with?" Well done!

• Love 3

Also wanted to mention how great Christine is looking.  I loved her patterned maxi skirt with the red t-shirt and denim jacket.  And later she had on a denim shirt and reddish pants.  Go Christine.  Her attractiveness seems to be inversely proportional to Robyn, who is looking more and more sour and frumpy.  Interesting.

I wonder why Princess Arielalalalala isn't being featured like King Sol was?  We saw her a little bit, but......oh, never mind.  She's a girl.  Answered my own question.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, laurakaye said:

Also wanted to mention how great Christine is looking.  I loved her patterned maxi skirt with the red t-shirt and denim jacket.  And later she had on a denim shirt and reddish pants.  Go Christine.  Her attractiveness seems to be inversely proportional to Robyn, who is looking more and more sour and frumpy.  Interesting.

I wonder why Princess Arielalalalala isn't being featured like King Sol was?  We saw her a little bit, but......oh, never mind.  She's a girl.  Answered my own question.

Christine does look pretty and vibrant while Robyn.........yeah. Well put with the use of "sour". 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, CofCinci said:

I love Tony. He's such a grifter. Fits right into this family. 

When they "negotiate"/demand a honeymoon, they don't expect the Browns to pay for it. They know it would be provided by TLC in exchange for allowing their courtship/wedding to be filmed. 

Isn't the groom's family supposed to pay for the honeymoons? Mykelti needs a spanking and a seat in the corner with her nose to the wall. If she's going to act like an overgrown toddler throwing a tantrum, she needs treated like one.

i thought Maddie was living with Caleb's family? 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Christine does seem much happier lately.  Looks like she got some antidepressants to help ease the joys of polygamy.

That, or Christine is getting more of the "D" from Kody. Meri and Kody are on the outs in the wake of the CF scandal. Janelle and Kody seem to be more like buddies (if even that) than lovers.

Or maybe getting more of the "D" from Kody is a reward for Christine being more nice to Sobyn, i.e. Kody's, "Honour the family, and I will love you."

1 hour ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Both of you, get out of my head.  It's freaking me out.  ;)  But really, I noticed both these things tonight.  And I don't usually pay attention to details too much, but definitely noticed both. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Mindy Jessop and Meri were related in some way. Not to be rude, but in fundamentalist mormon communities, there is hardly a gene pool, its more of a gene petri dish. Kody and Christine are third cousins themselves via an Allred, or a Jessop (even though I am aware that Kody is a convert to fundamental morminism).

Edited by giaNtsandYankees
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

So I just did this.  It seems bohemian is another word for hippy....so, a hippy wedding.  

believe me....even in a monogamous marriage, dealing with infertility can be devastating.

Yes it can. Sorry. I wasn't meaning to sound insensitive, or trying to single anyone out.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Yes it can. Sorry. I wasn't meaning to sound insensitive, or trying to single anyone out.

No offense taken.  But, if I had to hear my friends yapping on about poor Granny58 I would not take kindly to that.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 7

I don't see Maddie as a special snowflake. Has she said one word about Mykelti encroaching on her special time? I think Kody, as if he is paying for any of it..thank you TLC, is trying to figure out finances of the two weddings back to back. Gee dumb shit you got kids lined up it going to happen.  I see Janelle thinking I have had to share everything in my married life MY kid is going to take center stage for once. Hmm wonder how Robyn is going to turn all the attention to her before this is over???

As for Mykelti...what an entitled little brat! To think she gave conditions for a paid honeymoon after a paid wedding! Shes got balls. I would have been afraid to do something like that to my parents. She disgusts me. I so hope she reads these forums. Maybe it will be  wake up call.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

The donut eating thing seemed even more racy than lingerie. Robyn sure deep throated hers! And, no surprise, Jenelle didn't know what the hell to do with hers. 

I was thinking the exact same thing!! What a weird activity for the moms at a bridal shower.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, giaNtsandYankees said:

Or maybe getting more of the "D" from Kody is a reward for Christine being more nice to Sobyn, i.e. Kody's, "Honour the family, and I will love you."

48 minutes ago, ShaNaeNae said:

Oh yes!  I had forgotten this.  I'll bet you're right. 

• Love 1

Sooo . . . wait just a second here.  Maddie and Caleb are actually living together?!  Are we honestly supposed to believe that they haven't slept together at this point?  Why all the pearl-clutching at the shower about the lingerie, when they're already living together?  It's not as if Maddie is this blushing soon-to-be bride, a la Anna Duggar.  Why doesn't Maddie get the same shit that Mykelti does about "jonesing" (I would still be looking for my safe place if my father had said that to me, but he wouldn't because he's not a raving lunatic)?  I hate to say this, but if I were Mykelti, I'd be pissed that Maddie effectively gets a pass just because she's clearly the favorite daughter and Caleb is viewed as this prince among men, sent from on high.  Methinks it's time for the Brown adults to get their noses out of their grown kids' lives if they're going to have such double standards. 

Also, who in the holy hell does Mykelti think she is, demanding that her parent(s) pay for her honeymoon as some sort of concession for the fact that she has to wait to have her wedding?  Just for fun, I called my mom to say hi this morning on my way to work and asked her what she would have said if I'd done the same thing as a young woman.  She chuckled and said, "Can camping in the backyard be considered a honeymoon?"  

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 13
9 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I was grossed out by Tony sitting on the sofa arm, I wouldn't want his butt on my furniture like that. Also in that scene I noticed Robyn's daughter who likes to insert herself in the picture was sitting right next to Mykelti.

When I was a kid and tried to sit on the arm of the sofa, my mother told me to either stand or sit properly on the sofa, explaining that the arm is not meant for one to sit on.

• Love 7

And I'm sorry, no one I know has used a wedding planner.  They've planned them themselves - while having full time jobs, and with help from a few friends or family members, not twenty people or so.  Since Maddie no longer goes to school, and perhaps doesn't even have a job, why can't she handle this? 

I am not sure if Maddie was in school at the time of her wedding, but she is currently in school. She mentioned something on Twitter about accounting being her favorite class. She did have a job, I think at Starbucks, when she was not at school. She and Caleb did move at some point to be closer to his mom, so I am not sure exactly where they are living. I do think most of the older Brown kids do have jobs, we just do not hear about it. I have no idea if she will continue to stay in school after the baby comes, but I am not sure I see her as the stay at home mom type. Even so, if she decides to be a stay at home mom and Caleb and her can afford it than I do not have a problem with it. I loved college (Sparty on!) but I did change my major from what I thought I would major in in high school. I know she mentioned being a lawyer, but if she decides to go a different route who amI to judge, since I changed my major as well. 

I see Logan and Maddie as just doing what they want in regards to living with their significant other. I could see them saying stuff to placate Kody, but then just doing what they want. Though Maddie is pretty matter of fact, so she probably could lay it all out there. I could care less that they are living together and think there is nothing unusual about living with a longterm boyfriend or girlfriend. 

I also do not care if Maddie describes her wedding as bohemian. I thought I saw some boho elements in some of the pictures. I knew what she meant when she described it. I do not think it needs to be full on bohemian to be described as such. At least not to me, but I am easy like that. From what I saw from pictures it looked like the wedding was a combination of Maddie and Caleb's tastes.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Also, who is that in the picture hanging by the front door? Jesus? Or Wolverine?

Thank you!  It looked like a Glamour Shots picture of Jesus.  All that was missing were shades and a black leather jacket, held over one shoulder by a single finger.

• Love 23
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Cookie drunk Christine was fucking hilarious! 

Except she said she was off sugar for the past 20 days....the usual wonky editing there. 

Tony sure has made himself at home with the family already. In the house with all the in-laws to be and kids and he's asking above the crowd "Where's the cheesecake"? He can't wait to be the first to dive right in. What a slob. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

When I was a kid and tried to sit on the arm of the sofa, my mother told me to either stand or sit properly on the sofa, explaining that the arm is not meant for one to sit on.

are we siblings?  

• Love 8

This is the "first" wedding of all the Brown children, so it's normal that they seem to be going all out.  Plus, she's marrying a guy that was almost "pre-approved" by the Browns. They'd be happy if Caleb hooked up with any of the girls. They know him and his family WELL. There's no mystery. On the other hand, Mykelti is WAY more immature than Maddie, despite being the same age. And she brings home a guy they know nothing about, and frankly, they were not impressed with. The first time they meet him, he's hinting about them paying for a wedding. I'd be saying, "hold on a second, Skippy." Even if he looked like Zac Efron, and didn't talk like he had a mouth full of hot soup, I'd be asking them to pump the brakes (maybe not in the same way that Kodouche did, but...who would?).  She marches in and tells them that she wants to marry a complete stranger with a creepy grifter vibe. It's normal that she didn't get the same reaction that Maddie did. Plus, they've thrown money at Maddie, not realizing that another daughter was going to demand a wedding in the same year. They probably thought that the next trip down the aisle was going to be as Parents of the Groom (Logan), which to them, would be less financial responsibility. (yes, I know that's not always the case)

Aspyn continues to impress. She knows her sister is making a mistake. It was written all over her face. Kudos to Logan, Aspyn and yes, even bratty Mariah for continuing their education.  And Hunter and Garrison (did I hear that right?) who are in the military. 

So, basically, is Janelle down to one child? Savanah? Logan, gone at UNLV, Maddie, married, Hunter gone to the Air Force Academy, Garrison in some type of ROTC school, and Savanah at home. I'm missing a Janelle kid. A male. Gabriel. So, Gabe and Savanah are the only ones at home? 

And Mykelti. Grifting your parents out of money with zero regard for the fact that there are 16 other kids still relying on these idiots to live, who didn't ask to be part of a polyg family? You and Creepy Captain Subtititles should get NOTHING and suck it.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 24

I was hoping Kody or one of his dingbats would break the fourth wall and remind Mykelti that TLC is paying for her wedding, and if she wants a honeymoon then pitch it to the producers!! 

I don't even care anymore that Mykelti will likely end up a divorced young woman with a few brats and no education or way to support herself. She made her ugly bed, now she can lay in it. 

• Love 2

Agree with the sentiment about Caleb and Maddie: Super cools. They seem grounded, secure and prepared plus the family likes Caleb and has known him for a long time.

Mykelti and Mumble Mouth? Not so much. I'm glad Tony makes her feel like she can be herself but it seems like that's all they have. Tony just.........appeared. Not picking on his awkwardness but he just seems a bit off.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Yes, Mykelti, we have NO money for you to have a wedding until December.  In the meantime, Christine and Robyn run out to waste money on a bunch of non-bohemian pillows and trays (and who knows what else?) for a misnamed bohemian wedding reception for Madison and Caleb?  Huh???

Maddie's wedding was already in the process when Mykelti suddenly announced her and Tony's plans to get hitched. Should they have stopped planning Maddie's wedding or started to skimp on stuff because Mykelti was being impulsive? I really don't see how Mykelti expected them to be able to do 2 nice weddings only 2 months apart. Not only would money be stretched thin, but they would need to wait until after Maddie's to START planning. So it would be rushed and hectic. I am not saying there isn't ANY favoritism here, but I think it makes much more sense to wait at LEAST 6 months between weddings. 

That being said, the whole "bohemian" thing is a laugh. 

27 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Except she said she was off sugar for the past 20 days....the usual wonky editing there. 

Well, I think that was the point. She HAD been off sugar...until she sampled the cookies. So the sudden influx of sugar was a big shock to her system. 

27 minutes ago, lma said:

Also, I'm sorry, it is creepy that a guy in his mid 20s was creeping on a 16 year old. That says something about their culture. It is so normal to them. Even if Caleb isn't plyg, he's been around them enough to know

How much older is Caleb? I don't know....I think a lot depends on maturity levels. I had a 23-year-old boyfriend when I was 17. He had his own apartment and I stayed over quite a few times while still in high school. (Believe it or not, we never had sex.) Like me, Maddie is an oldest daughter. She has always seemed fairly mature and level headed. Men tend to mature slower than women. Not always, but from my experience, I always preferred to date guys a bit older (never more than that 6 years, and my husband is 6 years older than me as well) because boys may age were so immature. 

18 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I don't even care anymore that Mykelti will likely end up a divorced young woman with a few brats and no education or way to support herself. She made her ugly bed, now she can lay in it.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who immediately thought, "This won't last but a few years" when they announced their engagement. With Maddie and Caleb, I can see it going the distance, or at least lasting quite a long time. But I see nothing but divorce in Mykelti's future. I just do.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Has there been any mention of Tony's family??

I mentioned before that FT Senior has a recent DUI arrest on his record, so I'm guessing that's why FT Jr's family isn't rushing to pay any of the wedding expenses.  A DUI is an expensive luxury item. 

• Love 11
37 minutes ago, lma said:

Agreed. When Maddie initially moved, she and Caleb lived separately. But after his mom died, they moved back to what I'm guessing is his hometown. It was implied that they live together. Whether they did live together or not, I don't believe for one second they were chaste.

Also, I'm sorry, it is creepy that a guy in his mid 20s was creeping on a 16 year old. That says something about their culture. It is so normal to them. Even if Caleb isn't plyg, he's been around them enough to know.

They do seem in love though, and I really believe they are both happy. Maybe Maddie is intellectually older and Caleb is intellectually younger and they kind of match up - like say a couple of 21 year olds.

My mom was 19 when she married my 29 year old father and they've been happily married for 56 years. Laura Ingalls and Almanzo Wilder were also 10 years apart and married for nearly 60 Years. Kevin Kline and Phoebe Cates are much more than 10 years apart and still married, happily I believe.

So it's not just age. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, ghoulina said:
45 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, I think that was the point. She HAD been off sugar...until she sampled the cookies. So the sudden influx of sugar was a big shock to her system. 

That makes sense. I've never been off sugar for that long so I wouldn't know the feeling, lol. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Maddie's wedding was already in the process when Mykelti suddenly announced her and Tony's plans to get hitched. Should they have stopped planning Maddie's wedding or started to skimp on stuff because Mykelti was being impulsive? I really don't see how Mykelti expected them to be able to do 2 nice weddings only 2 months apart. Not only would money be stretched thin, but they would need to wait until after Maddie's to START planning. So it would be rushed and hectic. I am not saying there isn't ANY favoritism here, but I think it makes much more sense to wait at LEAST 6 months between weddings. 

That being said, the whole "bohemian" thing is a laugh. 

I understand your point, and I don't disagree.  But with a "limited" income (which only makes itself known when spending money in a way that Kody doesn't like), there's a difference between "skimping" for Maddie's reception and blowing money on stuff that has nothing to do with the faux theme.  They'd do better to go to a Party City store and buy fake hippy wigs and love beads.  Pillows on the floor and traditional-style wooden trays????

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That makes sense. I've never been off sugar for that long so I wouldn't know the feeling, lol. 

Me either. I think just half a day with no sugar would kill me. (I realize how sad that is, lol)

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Runnergirl said:

Agree with the sentiment about Caleb and Maddie: Super cools. They seem grounded, secure and prepared plus the family likes Caleb and has known him for a long time.

Mykelti and Mumble Mouth? Not so much. I'm glad Tony makes her feel like she can be herself but it seems like that's all they have. Tony just.........appeared. Not picking on his awkwardness but he just seems a bit off.  

If this is mykelti being herself,  then God help her.  If she really is a grifting, greedy, immature, whiny, scheming, entitled, manipulative brat then she is in for a really unhappy life.

Nothing about this situation is charming or funny.  If this were my daughter, I would be ashamed of way she is acting and really scared for her.  This has disaster written all over it.  I realize that a lot of this is for the tlc cameras, but ft is a little shit.  He has his hand out and will for however long this marriage lasts. 

What a mess.

• Love 10

Mykelti gets a nice little "fuck you" from TLC, whether intentional or not. Her wedding is this Saturday and TLC will be airing Maddie's wedding episode on Sunday with the parents all live tweeting about it and gushing about Maddie. Nice. You demanded it, Mykelti. You could have had a nice wedding with all the attention to yourself, if you'd waited a year. Now, you're overshadowed again. Plus, toss in the Maddie baby news and you REALLY miscalculated. We all know you are sleeping with Tony (sorry for that visual) and that your delusional father's hormone speech is bullshit.  So, hey. If your wedding is anti-climatic, you have no one to blame but yourself...and Creepy Captain Subtitles, who probably pushed you into it. 

Speaking of Tweeting, the Brown parents all continued gushing about Tony and how "smart" Mykelti was in "negotiating" with Kody during the episode last night on Twitter. They know how awful it looks and that Tony is still taking a beating on social media. Damage control.  

One man's "negotiation,." is another's "manipulation," I guess. 

• Love 11
28 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

All of this wedding planning shit is beyond wearisome - just like all of the stupid wedding shows currently airing.. IT'S A SINGLE DAY, PEOPLE.  It's just one day in what you HOPE will be a lifelong commitment.  They need to realize that more energy needs to go into the actual marriage, not the stupid wedding.  If you really love someone enough to devote lives to each other, it shouldn't matter how the marriage takes place.  As long as the people you love are in attendance, that should be all matters.  

High five to this.  Do you know how many over-the-top weddings I've attended in the last 10 years?  Compare that to how many of those blissfully happy couples are still married.  I'd rather spend big bucks on a 50th wedding anniversary party with all of the trimmings than a tacky wedding with dream catchers, crappy table gifts that the guests will trash within six months, and hours upon hours of meticulous planning and hand-wringing.  All of that nonsense serves to massage the bride's ego and make wedding planners richer.

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 19
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I understand your point, and I don't disagree.  But with a "limited" income (which only makes itself known when spending money in a way that Kody doesn't like), there's a difference between "skimping" for Maddie's reception and blowing money on stuff that has nothing to do with the faux theme.  They'd do better to go to a Party City store and buy fake hippy wigs and love beads.  Pillows on the floor and traditional-style wooden trays????

I agree. Not to mention that you have to pay attention to what you do for one kid when you are doing for another. I only have three kids so I didn't give a huge sum for my oldest to go to a super expensive college and then tell the other two, sorry I spent the money on your sister now you both need 2 jobs and to go to community college. I told each kid we'd do state school or the equivalent financially. Maddie is coming off good here because she's getting everything she wants and all the attention. She isn't in any better position to pay for her wedding than Mykelti.  She is planning a wedding with someone else's money too and expecting it. She just didn't have to ask because she's a favorite and she's marrying in 'the family'. Don't get me wrong, Mykelti is a swirling, dark vortex of self-aborbtion. No doubt. As Raspberry Pie said - she needs a good spanking. Unfortunately she needed that years ago. She is now the product of what her parents made her. She learned that the favorites and the negotiators/beggars get what they want.  Don't forget, Christine even had to negotiate with those mats just to get her own husband to spend time with her. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, TomGirl said:

How rude and cruel was Christine to go on and on about Meri's failure to produce more children, knowing how devastating that was to Meri.  I generally like Christine, but that was beyond bitchy.

That whole little convo looked totally staged to me. A little FU Interwebz Moment to show that Meri is OK with her status in the family now, she can joke about it too and all the wives are SOOO close to her they can joke with her and she doesn't crumble and run away with the first man who tweets her.

22 minutes ago, SuzyLee said:

I'd rather spend big bucks on a 50th wedding anniversary party with all of the trimmings than a tacky wedding with dream catchers, crappy table gifts that the guests will trash within six months

Maddie was making 40 dream catchers out of embroidery hoops. Those things are expensive! Why not just make hoops out of wire and add all the floaty crap and doilies. 

17 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

Don't forget, Christine even had to negotiate with those mats just to get her own husband to spend time with her. 

The kids of polygamy have grown up seeing their moms "negotiate" (in other words, lie, whine, manipulate, undercut and full-on dog fight) for what they want and need in a marriage and family. Maddie got a get-out-of-jail-free card with the wedding. The rest? Good luck. Especially those having a life event after TLC.

• Love 8

I think the Browns just need to lay down the law with the kids now..."We will financially contribute X amount to each engaged couple.  You can use it for a wedding, you can use it for a honeymoon, you can elope and use that money for a down payment for a house.  Realize that if you schedule a wedding too close to one of your siblings, we might not have the financial means to provide that amount exactly when you want or need it."  Done, end of story.  If each wedding turns into a negotiation, things are going to get ugly fast.     

• Love 24

All this wedding crap is Mykelti's way of shoving it in Kody's face that she grew up knowing full well that her mom, her sisters and brother were neglected by Kody.

From what I've seen, Kody tends to gravitate towards the houses where he can get peace and quiet (Meri's), or where he can bond with his studly sons (Janelle's) or where his newest squeeze is hanging out (Robyn).  Rotation-shmotation, we know he liked Christine the least of his wives and was probably annoyed at all that estrogen running wild in her house.  Given what we've seen, he gets easily frustrated by Christine's neediness and depression.  My guess is Mykelti grew up watching her overwhelmed and depressed mom dance and smile and otherwise try to cajole Kody over to her house to occasionally give her a hand raising six children.  Mykelti isn't stupid - she grew up with a flight-risk of a dad.  She's now throwing it in his face - as in, "go ahead...I dare you to show preference to Maddie over me.  I DARE YOU, DAD."

As much as I can't stand Tony and Mykelti together, Kody is right about one thing - Mykelti is pushing his buttons.  And IMO, Kody deserves it.  Don't go around bragging about your four wives and upteen children when you're busy neglecting many of them.  Jerkwad.

• Love 22
10 minutes ago, Galloway Cave said:

The kids of polygamy have grown up seeing their moms "negotiate" (in other words, lie, whine, manipulate, undercut and full-on dog fight) for what they want and need in a marriage and family. Maddie got a get-out-of-jail-free card with the wedding. The rest? Good luck. Especially those having a life event after TLC.

So much this!!  I think this is what makes so the most angry of everything in this crap fest. If they were going to sell out their family for reality TV, at least make it count. TLC money could have set them up well. I don't mean they would be wealthy. I mean they would have a stash for each kid for college or some kind of post high school education. They could have had a stash to help each kid with a wedding or house downpayment. Sure it wouldn't have been a lot per kid, but when you have 17 kids it would have been something and been a set amount per kid so each kid knew what they would be getting and could plan accordingly. But no, these shit heads squander it all and will have nothing for the poor kids who are left when the money train leaves the station. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

All this wedding crap is Mykelti's way of shoving it in Kody's face that she grew up knowing full well that her mom, her sisters and brother were neglected by Kody.

From what I've seen, Kody tends to gravitate towards the houses where he can get peace and quiet (Meri's), or where he can bond with his studly sons (Janelle's) or where his newest squeeze is hanging out (Robyn).  Rotation-shmotation, we know he liked Christine the least of his wives and was probably annoyed at all that estrogen running wild in her house.  

Your comment re: Mykelti sticking it to Kody because she knew she and her mother and siblings were essentially neglected is absolutely spot-on.  I may not like her demanding attitude, but I have to acknowledge her feelings from that perspective you described.  

A quick nuts-and-bolts question: Does Kody not follow a schedule now?  Does he really just drift among the homes at his leisure?  I've followed this shitshow from day one, but I seem to have missed that crucial piece of the puzzle somewhere along the way.

• Love 5

I think the Browns just need to lay down the law with the kids now..."We will financially contribute X amount to each engaged couple. 

That might work now but as soon as TLC drops them it will be whatever they can get using food stamps.

• Love 4

I never realized this before the spotlight turned to McKelti, but she and her half sister Mariah look and sound a lot alike.  Same spoiled brat entitled attitude, same sour puss facial expression, etc.  A couple of times when she was on the screen I thought at first that she was Mariah.  

Personality is part environment, but also partly determined from biological heredity.  Since Mckelti and Mariah have different mothers, I think it's fair to say this very unpleasant trait that they share came from their dear, negotiating father.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, toodles said:

If this is mykelti being herself,  then God help her.  If she really is a grifting, greedy, immature, whiny, scheming, entitled, manipulative brat then she is in for a really unhappy life.

Nothing about this situation is charming or funny.  If this were my daughter, I would be ashamed of way she is acting and really scared for her.  This has disaster written all over it.  I realize that a lot of this is for the tlc cameras, but ft is a little shit.  He has his hand out and will for however long this marriage lasts. 

What a mess.

That's what I mean. Something doesn't seem right with that kid--and she's hypnotized by him. It's dangerous for a young woman who feels awkward and out of place to suddenly feel accepted. Thing is her family negotiated with her and gave in to her demands so that's on them.

Wish they'd made her wait a year. 

• Love 2

Every time  I turn on my tv a little icon comes on telling me that there is a new interactive service available, is this where I can reach into the screen and knocks some heads together ? If so I will hit  "learn more"

First Tony says they can mortgage their home for their wedding now they must pay for a honeymoon??  What balls. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Typo
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I was hoping Kody or one of his dingbats would break the fourth wall and remind Mykelti that TLC is paying for her wedding, and if she wants a honeymoon then pitch it to the producers!! 

I think that's why she thinks she's negotiating.  Does an August wedding fit better with their filming schedule?? Or she's negotiating that both her wedding and honeymoon be filmed / ie. paid. 

1 hour ago, MonicaM said:

I never realized this before the spotlight turned to McKelti, but she and her half sister Mariah look and sound a lot alike.  Same spoiled brat entitled attitude, same sour puss facial expression, etc.  A couple of times when she was on the screen I thought at first that she was Mariah.  

I don't think so at all.  Mariah is always very whiney brat.  MyKelti is over confident brat.

I'm actually proud for Maddie being able to try and control her family.  she knows what she's dealing with.  She knows how much of a cluster-F it would be if she didn't give them detailed instructions.  And she's been away from that mess for quite awhile now and I think she realizes just how stressful having them around can be.  And she's a bride and Ive seen a lot of brides act like that - seems normal to me. 

• Love 2