Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: Embarrassing the Sister Wives

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, laurakaye said:

This is extremely accurate.  To me, it sounds like he always needs to clear his throat.  So when he kisses Mykelti, I'm with Truely - it's "GROSS."

And I am so over listening to Janelle state over and over that Mykelti's wedding will tick off Maddie.  How?  In what way?  Maddie's wedding was set and in the full preparation stages when Mykelti stomped her foot and insisted on August.  How does that affect Maddie's wedding?  Not to mention, Maddie and Mykelti have two different mothers so as far as "taking time away from Madison," that's a ridiculous excuse.  Unless Mykelti decided to have Maddie as her maid of honor, it wouldn't affect Maddie in the least.  Unfortunatley, knowing how this show rolls, we're going to hear about 17 different flashbacks of every single adult whining about how Mykelti's wedding will mess with Maddie's.  They do enjoy taking a moot point and beating us all over the heads with it (see also: "persecution," "losing my cookie," "baby sister," "catfish," "wet bar").

I am thinking the entire Brown clan shares a brain and once it was Truely's turn she refused to give it back.  She is the only one that seems to be honest and have some fairly entertaining observations.  And she's 6.

I am not one that thinks everyone needs to be glamorous, every pot has a lid and all that, but Tony (FT) really creeps me out and its not getting any better.  He's not traditionally attractive (no big deal) but he's got some shifty ass ideas and it seems like he thinks he's hit the jackpot with the Brown's financially (plus when he hugs her it skeeves me out).  It doesn't take a Wall St brain to know they are a cancellation away from being back on the gov dole.  I also don't like that Mykelti has seemed to changed personality wise.  I get growing up but its a big shift.  I betcha she's pregnant before the ink dries on her marriage license.  They are smart like that :).

• Love 9
20 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

They used to do it pretty frequently for cohabitation (an extra thing that most states don't have laws against), as @Roslyn says.

It began due to the state's clash with JS.

Historically, in the late 1800s to early 1900s they did but not in modern times. Arizona has not arrested for cohabitation since the Short Crick Raids in 1953 (this raid was deemed illegal and was not actually prosecuted) and Utah's only modern prosecuted case was Tom Green, who richly deserved it, in 2001. There was also the Texas raid on FLDS in 2008. Utah and Arizona developed The Primer in 2004 to guide their State agencies in handling polygamy situations. The Browns like the scream persecution but the reality is they had nothing to complain about. The State was not coming after their little piddly grifting family. Hell, the State barely does anything about the Kingston Clan, who flagrantly abuse the law and their sect members. AZ/Utah are starting to advance on the FLDS in Short Crick using other laws than cohabitation. Roslyn is correct that in the stricter sects they are still taught the Government is the boogy man and they will take away the kids and arrest the parents. Of course they are not telling them the truth about the matter. Christine and Co. have been in the regular world long enough to know the truth. They have been activists and are more knowledgeable than they let on.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I'm watching Oprah right now and she's doing a Where Are They Now on Willie Jessop.  Are the Browns somehow related to the Jessops? 

Yes. Robyn's first husband was a Jessop, so her first three kids are also half Jessop. 

He is also Christine's first cousin, not sure which side, so she may not be related. One of Meri's sister moms is also related to him.

I think, but am not sure, Christine and Kody are third cousins in the other side, so Kody and Robyn's first husband are not related. (I know kody and Christine are 3rd cousins but not sure if Kody and Robyn's ex are related). 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

11 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I'm watching Oprah right now and she's doing a Where Are They Now on Willie Jessop.  Are the Browns somehow related to the Jessops? 

Yes. Robyn's first husband was a Jessop, so her first three kids are also half Jessop. 

He is also Christine's first cousin, not sure which side, so she may not be related. One of Meri's sister moms is also related to him.

I think, but am not sure, Christine and Kody are third cousins in the other side, so Kody and Robyn's first husband are not related. (I know kody and Christine are 3rd cousins but not sure if Kody and Robyn's ex are related). 

Or, to put it simply, YES! ;)

They are all related. Multiple times over.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Nowhere said:

What does "polyg royalty" actually mean and how is Christine polyg royalty? 

Mykelti's ring is ugly.

Lingerie bridal showers don't bother me at all and even I was uncomfortable with Caleb giving Maddie that gift in front of everybody. It's one thing if your friends are helping you out by getting you pretty things. It's another thing altogether when everybody knows the kind of bras and panties your husband picks for you. That was in poor taste I thought. It crossed a line somehow.

I and my wife thought Caleb's gift was hilarious. He probably doesn't even intend or expect her to ever wear it. He just knows that she's not keen on camo and knew it would embarrass her. I've given my wife gifts like that. They end up never used, but never discarded and they still make her laugh years later when she looks at them. Those are the little things you remember your whole life and that she'll cherish if he passes away before her.

• Love 5

I figured out who Tony reminds me of. 

You know how on corny sitcoms the main character usually had a weird cousin who basically that character with a wig and some glasses, but was always harmless bad news, and it took a minute for everyone to figure it out? Like when Uncle Jesse's cousin Stavros showed up, or Jeannie's cousin with the dark hair, or Ursula and Phoebe on Friends, etc.? 

Tony is Pedro from Napoleon Dynamite's Evil Twin Cousin. 

• Love 9
16 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I and my wife thought Caleb's gift was hilarious. He probably doesn't even intend or expect her to ever wear it. He just knows that she's not keen on camo and knew it would embarrass her. I've given my wife gifts like that. They end up never used, but never discarded and they still make her laugh years later when she looks at them. Those are the little things you remember your whole life and that she'll cherish if he passes away before her.

I agree with you about gifts like that for memories but some of those gifts should be kept private. I don't think she'll cherish the memory of being humiliated at a party. Like I said, I think bridal showers are fun but the groom is not supposed to participate. For example, I have no problem with shopping for bras or nighties with friends or my mom, but if my boyfriend bought something sexy for me I wouldn't show everyone like, "Look at what Mr. Nowhere wants me to wear before we have sex later!" I just think when your man actually buys something he wants to see, it's a different level then just a bunch of ladies giving you what they think would be cute. I don't know if I'm explaining this very well :/ 

Honestly, I think he would want to see her in it and I think she'd wear it. If he thinks a woman in camo is sexy, I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige for a night. People play dress up in the bedroom all the time.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Nowhere said:

I agree with you about gifts like that for memories but some of those gifts should be kept private. I don't think she'll cherish the memory of being humiliated at a party

That said she didn't have to hold it up for everyone to see either; she could've seen it then closed it up & joked 'well that's from him, & for HIM!'. It was her choice to actually show it, panties & all, so, she basically helped embarrass herself. Either that, or she's really not that embarrassed & that was a big show too.

• Love 8

And possibly a bra...

My lineage is Bohemian (yes, there was once a country called Bohemia) with grandparents who, in the 1900's, immigrated to the US.  And, I can assure, you we ALL wear bras! Well, at least the women.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

That said she didn't have to hold it up for everyone to see either; she could've seen it then closed it up & joked 'well that's from him, & for HIM!'. It was her choice to actually show it, panties & all, so, she basically helped embarrass herself. Either that, or she's really not that embarrassed & that was a big show too.

And Mindy(?) shouldn't have given it to her in front of everybody or accepted it from Caleb in the first place. I'm pretty sure she was the one to put him up to it though. I don't think a man would think to do that. Especially with how chaste they are and all that. 

Edited by Nowhere
I don't remember the woman's name. I'll just call her Mindy.
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

My lineage is Bohemian (yes, there was once a country called Bohemia) with grandparents who, in the 1900's, immigrated to the US.  And, I can assure, you we ALL wear bras! Well, at least the women.

Well now dammit you made me go look up Bohemia on Wiki! Which, of course, led to Bohemian, with a definition of someone who lives in Bohemia and a separate meaning derived from the French word for Romani people. It can also denote someone who is socially unconventional, especially one who is in the arts. I think that last definition is the one that most closely resembles Mykelti rather than Maddie. Oh well. 

Getting my daily education via PTV-U!

• Love 7

I like all, live a very busy life. I'd recorded all these new episodes...it's like watching a train wreck.

I am just catching up now. I have tried to watch this episode no less than 4 times, and dropped off with every attempt at various stages. Either I'm really exhausted these days or it's a real snoozer. FINALLY I got through to the end.

Honestly, I think either Mykelti was a bit envious of the attention Maddie was getting through the whole wedding planning process or just suffers from a serious lack of self-esteem and confidence and when one person paid attention to her all of a sudden while she was away, it was the immature and naive "I'm in love too!!!!" and this is the real thing concept. Maybe it's real, maybe it's just a fairytale. Could she have chosen someone any more different than what was expected? Rebellious nature, perhaps?

I didn't fall off the turnip truck yesterday. Married for 30+ years and living a mainstream life (vs. Polygamy), in my day, one girl would be married, then there was a rash of ones to follow...just because it was the thing to do. Many of the girls I knew married 'the bad boy' out of rebellion and a "You're not the boss of me anymore." attitude. Those ones didn't last. Just my opinion, but I see a sad and lonely girl named Mykelti who is desperate to be loved by someone. Anyone.

Before I read any comments on this Tony dude and watched earlier episodes for myself, he made my skin crawl and I have never sensed any true lust or love with these two from a tv series sense of things. I can't understand what Tony Marble mouth says half the time, in my eyes he's far from attractive in a physical sense (I realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and he seems socially awkward, very immature and not really engaged with her family in a nice sense.

He could look like Frankenstein, but if he had any personality or charm to add, that would be just fine. I just don't like any part of this dude. I agree with someone else who mentioned he may have latched onto the Brown family ties for his own advancement. What that might be, I don't know. Just don't trust this clown.

The fishing thing was a bit weird to me. I agree Janelle likes to check out more often as time progresses. She seems so very unhappy. I'm sure it calms her, but I see Maddie as crying out as if to say "Look, Mom...I'm an adult. I'm getting married. It's the most important day of my life and I need you. And you're going on and on and on about fishing."  I agree that Janelle could go fishing while everyone is sleeping, but you'd think she could just focus on the day her girl is getting married, get up early and offer to help in some way or get herself all spruced up. Seems a bit Passive-Agressive on Janelle's part to be so manic about going fishing. Lol. Let it go, Janelle....just for this day. Fishies will be there always.

Christine was the one I used to not like that much, but she (as Ko-douche says) was quite animated. Especially at the cookie shop. She looked as if she'd downed a bottle of wine beforehand with all that crazy giddy laughter. I guess I should be on massive doses of sugar too.

i also couldn't get over all the time spent in about the wind...the wind...that wind...oh yeah...the wind. Don't forget the wind. Jeez people. I love in a climate that can change on a dime. Most people will have a plan B in the event there is gasp....a gusting wind, or maybe a torrential downpour. Not these folks.

I am so proud I finally made it through this episode, viscious wind, lingerie on display, high on cookies, sitting down in a store testing 'Bohemian' floor trays, TBag, fishing dilemmas and more...all without having to take a Xanax. Please help me get through the next one. The damned train wreck keeps calling.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Actually, I was referring to the hippie mode...speaking as a child of the 70's, I still hate bras. It's just that I now wear them, because humanity.

• Love 9
On 12/14/2016 at 2:24 AM, Snarklepuss said:

I'm with you, though, on not loving this whole trend towards gimmicks and themes at weddings.  To me it's just another way special snowflakes can believe they've put their own personal "stamp" on their wedding, but I think it kind of loses that significance when it ends up being just like 20,000 other weddings out there all trying to be special and non-traditional.

Agreed.  The trend for chalkboards and wooden signs and arrows and decorative tchockies are all totally Pinterest and since everyone does them, now they aren't special in any way.  Plus, what is she going to do with 40+ fake dreamcatchers after the wedding? Trash them.... 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I agree with you about gifts like that for memories but some of those gifts should be kept private. I don't think she'll cherish the memory of being humiliated at a party. Like I said, I think bridal showers are fun but the groom is not supposed to participate. For example, I have no problem with shopping for bras or nighties with friends or my mom, but if my boyfriend bought something sexy for me I wouldn't show everyone like, "Look at what Mr. Nowhere wants me to wear before we have sex later!" I just think when your man actually buys something he wants to see, it's a different level then just a bunch of ladies giving you what they think would be cute. I don't know if I'm explaining this very well :/ 

Honestly, I think he would want to see her in it and I think she'd wear it. If he thinks a woman in camo is sexy, I'm sure she'd be happy to oblige for a night. People play dress up in the bedroom all the time.

I don't think your perspective on Caleb's gift is correct. The camo is a running gag between them. Also, she wasn't "humiliated". There's a difference between embarrassment and humiliation. I know they're supposedly synonymous, but the connotations are different for each.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

They are all related. Multiple times over.

Go and read "The Principle Tumblr" if you want your head to spin for awhile.  They are absolutely all related somehow, and it's crazy.  

But if you ask Robyn, her kids are not part Jessop.  She had that part of their history erased with that lovely portrait of her young kids and Kody.

12 hours ago, Buffytoes said:

The fishing thing was a bit weird to me. I agree Janelle likes to check out more often as time progresses. She seems so very unhappy. I'm sure it calms her, but I see Maddie as crying out as if to say "Look, Mom...I'm an adult. I'm getting married. It's the most important day of my life and I need you. And you're going on and on and on about fishing."  I agree that Janelle could go fishing while everyone is sleeping, but you'd think she could just focus on the day her girl is getting married, get up early and offer to help in some way or get herself all spruced up. Seems a bit Passive-Agressive on Janelle's part to be so manic about going fishing. Lol. Let it go, Janelle....just for this day. Fishies will be there always.

In one of her talking heads, Janelle discussed her own wedding, how it was in the church basement and none of her family and friends were there because they were all hurt and shocked at what she was doing marrying Kody, but in the end she was "fine with it."  Is she somehow jealous or irritated that Maddie's wedding is going to be this big to-do, with lots of family and friends in attendance?

I think something happened in Janelle's past - something we will probably never know - that has caused her to not only emotionally check out most of the time, but marry her ex-husband's sister's husband, put up with years of abuse from Meri, and continues to this day with her inability to be present in anything involving the family.  I don't want to speculate, but there is an emotional chip missing there.  Janelle wanting to go fishing the morning of Maddie's wedding was one thing...Janelle not letting it go after it was clear that it upset Maddie is something else.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

I don't think your perspective on Caleb's gift is correct. The camo is a running gag between them. Also, she wasn't "humiliated". There's a difference between embarrassment and humiliation. I know they're supposedly synonymous, but the connotations are different for each.

He didn't know that she wouldn't be humiliated by that gift, but that wasn't the point. The fact that she wasn't was great but he was taking a chance with someone whose mother was already uncomfortable with the idea of lingerie gifts and who is supposedly "chaste". Focusing on whether or not she would be humiliated doesn't change the fact that a bridal shower isn't the place for lingerie gifts from the future husband. Definitely not for this family.  

I agree with you that the camo is a running joke between them. I agree that the gift was funny and absolutely should have been given. The time and place in which it was given was what I put into question. 

Edited by Nowhere
Clarity
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Actually, I was referring to the hippie mode...speaking as a child of the 70's, I still hate bras. It's just that I now wear them, because humanity.

I hear ya.  I'm a child of the 70s too. I feel the same way

• Love 2

I am thinking the entire Brown clan shares a brain and once it was Truely's turn she refused to give it back.  She is the only one that seems to be honest and have some fairly entertaining observations.  And she's 6.

Why would she? It's probably the first hand me down she's received that's hardly used.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think something happened in Janelle's past - something we will probably never know - that has caused her to not only emotionally check out most of the time, but marry her ex-husband's sister's husband, put up with years of abuse from Meri, and continues to this day with her inability to be present in anything involving the family.  I don't want to speculate, but there is an emotional chip missing there.  Janelle wanting to go fishing the morning of Maddie's wedding was one thing...Janelle not letting it go after it was clear that it upset Maddie is something else.

Janelle is very quiet about her own upbringing etc.  I'm sure there is something there that makes her the way she is, beyond just the "quiet gene" kind of thing.  She has alluded to really loving the loud chaotic family, but she seems to love it from the outside almost, being a quiet observer within the chaos. She belongs, but she doesn't. 

I think it's interesting, and it may be editing for all I know, but when Maddie announced her relationship and then engagement etc, Janelle didn't really mention her dropping out of school to follow a guy.  Didn't bring it up.  Yet when they are sitting there with Mykelti it was Janelle who said "Oh, you have to stay in school, are you staying in school in St George?"  So why is she so concerned with Mykelti in school, but not her own daughter?

When Maddie announced she was going LDS, Janelle immediately asked if it was because of "some guy".  I think they have been a bit quiet of Maddies own boy crazy traits. 

What I am really confused over is when they were discussing "staying in school" for Mykelti (again not really mentioning Maddie staying in school) on the couch, Robyn went on and on about how Mykelti already has "so much into school, she's almost done and ready to graduate".  Um...how?  At 19...how does Mykelti have enough credits into school to be able to graduate, and with what degree?  The show had her living with her sister for one year, going to school, before the whole "college is hard" and Mykelti wanted to move home, Christine said no...and then Mykelti goes off to St George to "grown up and find herself".

I also was surprised when Janelle stated that she dropped out of school herself after marriage/kids came along.  I was under the impression that she was the only Brown with a degree, in bookkeeping or accounting or something.  Yes, I think there is a whole lot more to Janelle than she lets on...even to herself I imagine.

• Love 4

I also was surprised when Janelle stated that she dropped out of school herself after marriage/kids came along.  I was under the impression that she was the only Brown with a degree, in bookkeeping or accounting or something.  Yes, I think there is a whole lot more to Janelle than she lets on...even to herself I imagine.

She went back to school when she left Kody.

13 MINUTES AGO, MOM2TWONONNA2ONE SAID:

Why would she? It's probably the first hand me down she's received that's hardly used.

Mic dropped!!

Pretty proud of myself for that one. Usually I think of them much later. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Janelle is very quiet about her own upbringing etc.  I'm sure there is something there that makes her the way she is, beyond just the "quiet gene" kind of thing.  She has alluded to really loving the loud chaotic family, but she seems to love it from the outside almost, being a quiet observer within the chaos. She belongs, but she doesn't. 

I think it's interesting, and it may be editing for all I know, but when Maddie announced her relationship and then engagement etc, Janelle didn't really mention her dropping out of school to follow a guy.  Didn't bring it up.  Yet when they are sitting there with Mykelti it was Janelle who said "Oh, you have to stay in school, are you staying in school in St George?"  So why is she so concerned with Mykelti in school, but not her own daughter?

When Maddie announced she was going LDS, Janelle immediately asked if it was because of "some guy".  I think they have been a bit quiet of Maddies own boy crazy traits. 

What I am really confused over is when they were discussing "staying in school" for Mykelti (again not really mentioning Maddie staying in school) on the couch, Robyn went on and on about how Mykelti already has "so much into school, she's almost done and ready to graduate".  Um...how?  At 19...how does Mykelti have enough credits into school to be able to graduate, and with what degree?  The show had her living with her sister for one year, going to school, before the whole "college is hard" and Mykelti wanted to move home, Christine said no...and then Mykelti goes off to St George to "grown up and find herself".

It's possible that Mykelti is close to an associate's if she took dual credit classes in high school. However, if they think an associates degree in gen. Ed is going to get her anywhere in life they are wrong. IMO the reason college credits are even offered in high school is because everybody has come to realize that even a bachelor's degree isn't worth much anymore. Kids graduate from college and still make less than 30k a year. So if 2 years is what they consider "graduating" then they've been living under a rock. Or they're trying to impress by failing to mention that it isn't a bachelor's that she will be graduating with. I don't mean to offend but unless your associates degree is specialized, it may as well be a high school diploma.

• Love 5

The more I think about it, the more I think that Janelle is a snake. She left and she could have stayed gone. If she was so abused by Meri, why did she ever come back? I think that the reason Meri has such a hard time with Janelle isn't only because of the circumstances around the marriage although that certainly didn't help matters. I think Janelle has given Meri just as much shit but she does it low key while acting innocent. If Meri is being held accountable for something that Janelle is also doing, I don't blame her for being constantly pissed. At least she keeps it real where Janelle is concerned and doesn't act like a victim like Janelle does. If they would acknowledge the fact that their marriage was fucked up and handled terribly and disrespectfully toward Meri, then maybe she'd have an easier time not treating Janelle like shit. I'll be truthful. I think it would be hard for me to be nice.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

How long did she leave Kody for? I didn't think it was very long. 

She never left Kody.  She just moved out and got her own place, Kody visited.  It was a few years I think.  at least one of her children was conceived/born during that time.  Kody lured her back when they found the plyg house in Lehi and needed Janelle in order to finance it as from what I hear she had an inheritance of some type and funds while Kody and Meri had recently filed bankruptcy.  The home was initially in Janelle's name alone and she added Kody and Meri to the deed after the sale.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Go and read "The Principle Tumblr" if you want your head to spin for awhile.  They are absolutely all related somehow, and it's crazy.  

But if you ask Robyn, her kids are not part Jessop.  She had that part of their history erased with that lovely portrait of her young kids and Kody.

In one of her talking heads, Janelle discussed her own wedding, how it was in the church basement and none of her family and friends were there because they were all hurt and shocked at what she was doing marrying Kody, but in the end she was "fine with it."  Is she somehow jealous or irritated that Maddie's wedding is going to be this big to-do, with lots of family and friends in attendance?

What struck me about Janelle discussing her own wedding (to Kody,that is) is  that she failed to mention the previous one to Adam Barber. Supposedly that was in temple  and sealed-- wonder what that one was like? I am assuming it was LDS because she didn't convert  'til after her divorce? In that case, her family and friends would've been happy, no? She spoke as if her wedding to Kody was her only one.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She never left Kody.  She just moved out and got her own place, Kody visited.  It was a few years I think.  at least one of her children was conceived/born during that time.  Kody lured her back when they found the plyg house in Lehi and needed Janelle in order to finance it as from what I hear she had an inheritance of some type and funds while Kody and Meri had recently filed bankruptcy.  The home was initially in Janelle's name alone and she added Kody and Meri to the deed after the sale.

Well, isn't that just all kinds of stupid...isn't she supposed to be the smart one? I know, low bar, and all but still...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Nowhere said:

The more I think about it, the more I think that Janelle is a snake. She left and she could have stayed gone. If she was so abused by Meri, why did she ever come back? I think that the reason Meri has such a hard time with Janelle isn't only because of the circumstances around the marriage although that certainly didn't help matters. I think Janelle has given Meri just as much shit but she does it low key while acting innocent. If Meri is being held accountable for something that Janelle is also doing, I don't blame her for being constantly pissed. At least she keeps it real where Janelle is concerned and doesn't act like a victim like Janelle does. If they would acknowledge the fact that their marriage was fucked up and handled terribly and disrespectfully toward Meri, then maybe she'd have an easier time not treating Janelle like shit. I'll be truthful. I think it would be hard for me to be nice.

I'm not a fan of any of them, but I have to give Janelle a little credit for coming back and essentially buying the Lehi house after everything. Kody must've really smooth-talked her, perhaps even playing into the religious aspect of it--because you're right, she could've stayed gone and still had Kody impregnate her. Also, Kody must've read Meri the riot act and told her to back off Janelle because they needed her and her money.

As for the underwear gift from Caleb--I agree the the time and place was totally inappropriate. He should have given it to her on their wedding night. A shower, even a traditional "bridal" shower is ostensibly for gifts for the  couple to start their married life together. Sure, a guest can get the bride lingerie--because both the bride and groom would benefit from it. But the groom giving a gift a the shower is essentially gifting himself.

• Love 2
On December 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM, Roslyn said:

Yes, I thought this too.  I raised two kids...if you want to know if the other is going to be bothered by something...geez!  Just ask.  There, problem dealt with, move on.

Janelle has just hammered and hammered it in the couch talks.  Maddie isn't going to like this, the other siblings are going to be so upset by Mykelti trying to somehow destroy Maddies specialness.  Gggaaaa So call one of your GIANT family meetings where the kids really don't pay much attention and have a great big pow wow about the siblings' "fillins". I'll bet none of them give a rats ass about any of it.

Maddie isn't going to like Janelle going fishing the morning of either, but Maddie can shove it in that instance, right Janelle? Stupid woman. Always thought so...

• Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I have been mulling this fishing thing and reading everyone else's take on it.  I get that fishing is a 'thing' for her.  I get that she wanted some son to do it as well.  They are in Montana for her daughters wedding.  Give your daughter your ENTIRE attention on her day even if that means just sitting around or waiting for the ceremony UNLESS she is telling you to leave her alone.  These kids get precious little just ME time with their parents.  Especially the girls.  Fish the next day or after the wedding if its that BFD.  She also only has 2 daughters so is it really that much of an inconvenience to spend the day celebrating Maddie?  The day isn't about you Janelle.

• Love 16

Christine does look good these days! Good for her.  I think Maddie's hair looks bad because of the center part. It doesn't look good on a lot of people.  Aspyn is absolutely gorgeous!  I loved the dream catchers Maddie was making.  I thought they were very pretty! 

• Love 3