Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Lunera said:

It wasn't a hotel in the background you can read the words Odyssey so i Googled that and Nassau and it brought up Odyssey Aviation. They have their own relief fund.

http://www.odysseyaviation.com/

I know the pictures weren’t taken at a hotel but I seriously doubt this bunch was roughing it while carrying out their ‘mission’. I think they most likely found a hotel and stayed there.  I’m willing to bet they weren’t sleeping in the planes or at a shelter or on the tarmac at the airport.  

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

The key to a good grift is, to quote Kenny Rogers, "know when to walk away."  They got their name out there,  got some donations that they don't have to account for and can go home.  

They need to add an “angry” reaction like on Facebook 🤬

• Love 9

My first instinct wasn't even to assume that Austin was back, but just take this as a photo they already had. It does seem that I would have been wrong in that, though. Geez, how would any of these Duggar girls survive being married to members of the military as I and a number of other people on this board are?

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Someone must've commented on her feet being dirty. Joy responded saying that yes, her feet were really that dirty from walking around barefoot.

I wonder where she walks? Because I walk around barefoot all the time and I can't remember the last time my feet got anywhere near that dirty .... 

Her feet must carry some heavy electrostatic charge that makes them pick up every speck of dirt within 100 yards of her location...

Edited by Churchhoney
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I wonder where she walks? Because I walk around barefoot all the time and I can't remember the last time my feet got anywhere near that dirty .... 

That’s what I was wondering. I have been barefoot most of the day but my feet aren’t dirty. Maybe she walks outside in dirt. 

• Love 6

I wonder if Austin came back sooner, because he and Joy are still greiving their loss. He may feel he can only stay away from her for so long.

I thought Austin's main job is flipping houses, so I think he can probably take as much time as he needs. (As opposed to someone working in a office setting.

I doubt the Duggars/Bates were much help and I think it's good they're returning. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

I wonder if Austin came back sooner, because he and Joy are still greiving their loss. He may feel he can only stay away from her for so long.

I thought Austin's main job is flipping houses, so I think he can probably take as much time as he needs. (As opposed to someone working in a office setting.

I doubt the Duggars/Bates were much help and I think it's good they're returning. 

Austin flips houses, but he works for himself.  If he's not working, there's no money being made.  If anything, he's got more incentive to get back to work than someone working in an office setting who probably has sick days and others to cover if he/she isn't there.

I was in solo OB practice for 20 years. If I was sick and we had to cancel, no money was being generated, meanwhile, there was my salary and the paychecks for my 3 full time employees, not to mention the overhead that goes with running a business. When I had my hip replaced, I was back at work in 4 weeks, not only because I like my job, but we needed to generate some income to keep everyone employed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
16 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm not surprised the kid is sitting in that corner.  Didn't she post a picture of it a while back saying that was his favorite spot?   Blanket training at it's best!

To be fair to Joy, she said it was his favorite spot because that's where all his stuff was, and in a small "house," that's taking advantage of what little space they have.. and in the second picture you can see him walking out of frame (in front of J&A instead of behind them), so he clearly wasn't forced to stay put (or else the training hasn't worked yet...).

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 9/5/2019 at 9:58 PM, jcbrown said:

Joy is the prettiest of the adult Duggar sisters by far, IMHO.

I agree 100%.  She's by far the most naturally pretty.  She looks especially cute when she's wearing glasses.  

Judging by the "welcome home, Austin" photos, it seems that those two really do have some honest-to-goodness chemistry, as compared to Jill and Derrick, whose up close and personal smoochy pics generally make me gasp with revulsion.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Between flipping houses and keeping a watch over Joy's fertility calendar, Austin's a busy man.  Perhaps he came home early because duty (other than exploiting victims of a natural disaster) called.  Priorities.  And stuff.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I agree 100%.  She's by far the most naturally pretty.  She looks especially cute when she's wearing glasses.  

Judging by the "welcome home, Austin" photos, it seems that those two really do have some honest-to-goodness chemistry, as compared to Jill and Derrick, whose up close and personal smoochy pics generally make me gasp with revulsion.

Only fundie land makes kissing your spouse a news story.  Can’t believe how many internet articles think this hi-i’m Home kiss needs to be reported on. 

• Love 7
On 9/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I've seen the pictures of Nathan practicing dentistry. Scary stuff!

Seriously? WTF is wrong with these people?

My son jokingly refers to himself as "almost a dentist", because when he got his masters degree in biomedical science his thesis was about dental glass.  During his research he drilled into an extracted cow's tooth, and he jokes that dentistry is "easy". But he would never dream of actually trying to practice dentistry.

I get the impression that the Duggars, Bates, etc, believe that anyone who is not American and not of their brand of Christianity are "lesser humans" who don't need professionals helping them because the fake missionaries are good enough.

• Love 11
On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, mythoughtis said:

Only fundie land makes kissing your spouse a news story.  Can’t believe how many internet articles think this hi-i’m Home kiss needs to be reported on. 

And it's not like he was gone for an extended period of time.

• Love 9
On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, mythoughtis said:

Maybe because these two are the only ones who actually look like they know how to kiss?  And like doing it

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Little Giddy looks so happy and healthy.  When would he show signs of blanket training?

It depends to some degree on the approach the parents take, I think.

By this point, though, in many households, the main thrust of it could be entirely over already, and he'd know what his place was and stick to it. And also not be surprised or particularly openly upset if he got out of line in some other way and they dragged out the plumbing line. 

A lot of kids, maybe most, recover from that stuff -- at least outwardly -- pretty quickly and present as happy and forward-looking as any other kid. That's what kids' brains are for, I think -- to adapt to whatever the conditions are that they live under and keep the life force moving forward. 

Inside, though, the same kid may have adopted a bunch of very restrictive rules for "living safe and thriving" that kids not subjected to the same kind of stuff won't have.....

As far as I know, for many if not most kids of relatively normal inborn mind and personality, the results won't show up to outside observers at all when they're children. But as their lives go on, if someone like an intimate partner or close friend or therapist, for example, looks closely they may find out that they restrict themselves in ways other people don't or have unusually negative views of themselves in some way or of what are safe things for them to do or have some major issues with authority or anger, etc.....

Some kids will find it so traumatizing that you'll see outward signs of their distress and lack of thriving even when they're children.

But for the most part, human brains are well evolved to cope with even very difficult situations and to move forward from them with energy and smiles -- because that's what our organisms do when we're kids. For most of us, our organism as children are prejudiced toward growth, whatever the obstacles that get in the way.....The way a tiny seed cal be so oriented toward growth that it may grow upward through pavement that you'd never imagine it could crack. 

Long story short, I think Gideon may have had blanket training, or may be having it, or may never have had it and never have it in his future. I don't think that, with most children,  there's any way to tell by looking.

Especially if it isn't combined with some other form of abusiveness or deprivation -- like food deprivation or something. And when it comes to their general demeanor, Joy and Austin seem to be loving parents who feed and care for their kid just fine. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 10

Anyone on here who is a parent knows that kids come hardwired with certain traits, even kids who share the same DNA. What feels harsh, or even traumatizing to one, can be meh, to another.

It's also impossible to parent every child the same, due personalities, experience and bandwidth.

Nature and nurture, combined with life itself makes it very hard to predict who ends up with major issues and who doesn't.

For the Duggars, even if they did everything 'right' as parents, they are still likely to create hateful, narrow minded adults, if they continue teaching their kids their Fundy bullshit beliefs.

My hope for these kids is each generation becomes more enlightened.

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That's beautiful & what a nice remembrance especially as Annabelle's due date is approaching. 

How long until Lauren "inspires" Si to gift her with something similar (just bigger and gaudier) to commemorate Asa. I guess he'll need a good middle name first, though. They never did get beyond just Asa, did they?

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On the flip side of Joy's thoughtful SIL, this is the SIL's husband's recent post.

Why do you need guns for your #coupledevotions?  

For me the only time Bible verses and guns works is when Samuel L. Jackson is quoting Ezekiel 25:17 in Pulp Fiction. 

• LOL 17
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

On the flip side of Joy's thoughtful SIL, this is the SIL's husband's recent post.

I will never understand people who showcase their firearms on social media. Aren't you asking to get robbed? Seriously.

My husband is in law enforcement and while we do have weapons, I'd never in a million years post what or how many we have on a public or private instagram account. You are asking for trouble. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He's hardly the only one. Kendra's parents posted a photo of Joe and Pastor Caldwell with bigger guns on their Instagram.  

I wouldn't guess that Bobby and Meagan have two children under 3 based on this photo,  but they do. 

23 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

How long until Lauren "inspires" Si to gift her with something similar (just bigger and gaudier) to commemorate Asa. I guess he'll need a good middle name first, though. They never did get beyond just Asa, did they?

Never. She'll go visible neck tattoo. No one will forget then!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

An article here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joy-anna-duggar-faces-backlash-190844308.html

Joy-Anna posted the picture of her son Gideon with a pug named Pudge with the caption "Hey there, Pudge... I love you, Pudge! I guess Pudge isn't a fan of hugs. #helovesanimals"

The dog looks very uncomfortable -- even aggressive in the second photo -- and her followers began to point that out in the comment section.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2