Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I was just on the JinJer thread reading about the MacArthur bullshit, and I feel...kinda happy that Joy actually works WITH Austin at his job.

But please remember that she was probably tiling a bathroom floor in a denim skirt. And maybe fiip-flops. Ugh.

• Love 6

Eh Joy does seem to only wear skirts but she's still very tomboyish and I like that about her.  I can believe she and Austin enjoy working on home repairs together. I also love that her voice is surprisingly deep and she doesn't do the squeaky "keep sweet" baby voice of Michelle and some of the J'slaves.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

I didn't come up with anything in either Washington or Benton counties. What county is the Family Camp in? Maybe they went out that way.

That's Madison County. I was wondering if they'd moved closer to the Duggars or stuck closer to the Forsyths. I'm betting they did the latter. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Looks like it, unless the Assessor's sites have a lag time posting records.

I don't think the records are super out-of-date, but they might have a little bit of a lag time? I just checked Madison County, and I only saw stuff in Terry's name. 

• Love 1

Good for them. I don't know the quality of work that Austin does, but it's nice he's able to do all of that. I can feel Joy's excitement and I'm sure Gideon will love it as well.

Now this makes me question even more as to why Jessa, with 3 kids, is still in the 2 bedroom mold house?

• Love 11

This comment on Joy's update about the house has been cracking me up:

"Slow down little one and enjoy the gifts God has blessed you with. There is plenty of time to work but the time while you are young and your children are young only happens once in a life time. Slow down please." 

So, I guess she, Austin, and Gideon should live in the camper for all eternity to avoid possibly missing any milestones? 🙄 

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Slow down? They've been in that camper for a year and a half. It's time to set down some permanent roots. 

For real! I lived in an RV as a kid for 9 months and still can't look an RV in the face. LOL I have no idea how they did 18 months and Joy can still say she loves the camper. 

I'd venture to say that Gideon's getting old enough that they realized they really needed to expand to big quarters. I also had wondered if this was always part of the plan for the family expanding with Annabelle. 😞 Regardless of the reasoning, I cannot figure out why in the world anyone would complain about other people moving out of a camper into a real house. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 16
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Maybe that person doesn't realize that they live in the camper? That's the only thing that makes any sense.

Perhaps! She clarifies in one of the comments that she doesn't like seeing young people working themselves to death. Other people are really dog-piling on her! 

• LOL 1

If you don't work hard while you're young, it certainly gets harder to catch up as you simultaneously age. What does this person expect JoyStin to do? Quit flipping houses?

eta: Just remembered that Boobchelle worked like dogs when they were young. Would this person have given them the same advice?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

If you don't work hard while you're young, it certainly gets harder to catch up as you simultaneously age. What does this person expect JoyStin to do? Quit flipping houses?

eta: Just remembered that Boobchelle worked like dogs when they were young. Would this person have given them the same advice?

It's truly baffling advice. I guess they approve of Jessa and Ben's apparent stasis. LOL Even Derick's shown more apparent get-up-and-go, though he rarely lasts long at any one given goal. 

• Love 6

I hope Joy and Austin get fully moved in during the winter months. The RV must start to feel very small when you can't spread out into the yard. It looks like the kitchen/dining area is bigger than their entire camper.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I have the feeling that Joy is pregnant again but they're waiting to announce, and that's why they're buying a house. Her face looks a bit full.

I think their long term plan was always to buy a house regardless of Joy's gestational status. I never bought the snark that they were somehow going to spend years and years living in an RV while Austin flipped stick and brick houses. 

Probably, the RV was a good financial move at the time, so that Austin could use his financial resources in the house flipping and construction business, while they kept an eye out for a good deal on a house for themselves. And it seems they may have found one. 

It might be their "dream" home or not. If it's not their "forever/dream home," and they got it at a good price and make good improvements to it themselves, they may live in it for a few years, find another good deal on a house, and make a good profit by selling this one. Good for them.

• Love 17

It looks like it will be a beautiful home for them when they’re finished with a gorgeous kitchen. I’m a little jealous in fact. 

After their loss, I’m good with good things happening for them right now.

Edited by Fallacy
  • Love 23
34 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

So much for their “independence” from Boob.

‘Counting On’ Stars Joy & Austin Forsyth Buy A Home…For $10 From Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar (Exclusive Details!)

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/11/17/counting-on-stars-joy-austin-forsyth-buy-a-home-for-10-from-jim-bob-michelle-duggar-exclusive-details/

“Their neighbours will be Amy and Dillon King” 

Hmm I wonder which one of them will crack first and move.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

That's how the Duggars kids get paid for doing the show.

And how JB and M keep them all in line for lo these many years. 

Waving enough carrots and sticks around to keep everybody both nervous and indebted and too confused to actually think about what's gone on and is going on. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

So much for their “independence” from Boob.

‘Counting On’ Stars Joy & Austin Forsyth Buy A Home…For $10 From Jim Bob & Michelle Duggar (Exclusive Details!)

https://www.theashleysrealityroundup.com/2019/11/17/counting-on-stars-joy-austin-forsyth-buy-a-home-for-10-from-jim-bob-michelle-duggar-exclusive-details/

Ugh. Seriously?!  I wonder if amy bought her own house or that’s boob’s too?

Edited by awaken
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, awaken said:

Ugh. Seriously?!  I wonder if any bought her own house or that’s boob’s too?

I bet Grandma Mary gave it to her. They did say that either the house or the land that Joy and Austin "bought" had belonged to her.

I don't know what the house is "payment" for but, as I've said before, I 100% believe that JB "pays" his children in some form of script that they can redeem for other things -- houses, cars, utility payments, cash, etc. This not only keeps JB 100% in control of the money, but avoids taxes on incomes, properties, wealth transfers, etc.

• Love 16

I don't know if it is visible on search now, but the parcel maps for Washington County are indeed showing Joy and Austin owning land on either side of Amy. Looks like they are on the south side of Fayetteville in an area that still has some woods. That makes sense. I couldn't imagine Austin especially living in a subdivision.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

I guess the Assessor's office is lagging a bit behind posting records, since Austin didn't appear in a Wa. Co. search.

I think it must have literally popped up today somehow? We both checked yesterday and nothing. But I just checked now, and it is indeed on search. 

• Useful 1

I was just coming to post about the revelation they bought the house from JB and Michelle. 

Austin is the only in-law or child who has also hinted that Derick might be telling the truth about the payment structure. Guess JB and Michelle needed to give Austin something to quiet him down. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

You know this is such a great example of the utter shittiness of JB. If he wanted to give them a house for $10, he could have just given them a house. Instead he made them live in a trailer with an infant for almost 2 years. Then he "generously" gives them a house for $10. It's like he wanted to make them suffer so that both of them would "keep sweet" before he let them have a house. 

Gross. 

• Love 11

I got the sense they genuinely loved the trailer and were happy enough there.  I didn't get the sense they really needed to leave and they had the houses he was flipping to live in part of the time.

Some people are really into living in small spaces. That would explain the tiny house movement. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Jeeves said:

We really don't know the details of the transaction. It's common practice to recite "Ten Dollars and other good and valuable consideration" on deeds and other legal documents including bills of sale and settlement agreement. It's legal boilerplate that's as old as dirt.

Exactly.  As I've said before that's on the paperwork when I sold my mother's house in Arkansas:  "One dollar and other valuable consideration."  I certainly did not sell her house for a dollar.  That wording is just how it's done.  

• Love 10

They still bought the house from her parents. It's probable that they got a good deal on the house, because the sellers are her parents. Or the house is a bribe to keep quiet. Compensation to keep doing the show. Compensation for doing the show already. Compensation for the fact Joy has been on the show since she was 11. 

As for paying more than is listed on the deed, no paying with your souls wouldn't be listed. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 12