Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

Jill looks honestly happy. It's a nice change for a Duggar.

That pic of Jordyn holding two babies makes me sad for her, that that is the only thing she has to look forward to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 7

Jordyn has such a sweet face. She’s grown up so much!  Gideon looks so much older lately, too. 

• Like 4

The Howler boys seem to be more natural and affectionate with their nieces and nephews than with their younger sisters.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

Is JAckson ALERT bound? That hair looks really short.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Little Giddy looks so happy and healthy.  When would he show signs of blanket training?

It depends to some degree on the approach the parents take, I think.

By this point, though, in many households, the main thrust of it could be entirely over already, and he'd know what his place was and stick to it. And also not be surprised or particularly openly upset if he got out of line in some other way and they dragged out the plumbing line. 

A lot of kids, maybe most, recover from that stuff -- at least outwardly -- pretty quickly and present as happy and forward-looking as any other kid. That's what kids' brains are for, I think -- to adapt to whatever the conditions are that they live under and keep the life force moving forward. 

Inside, though, the same kid may have adopted a bunch of very restrictive rules for "living safe and thriving" that kids not subjected to the same kind of stuff won't have.....

As far as I know, for many if not most kids of relatively normal inborn mind and personality, the results won't show up to outside observers at all when they're children. But as their lives go on, if someone like an intimate partner or close friend or therapist, for example, looks closely they may find out that they restrict themselves in ways other people don't or have unusually negative views of themselves in some way or of what are safe things for them to do or have some major issues with authority or anger, etc.....

Some kids will find it so traumatizing that you'll see outward signs of their distress and lack of thriving even when they're children.

But for the most part, human brains are well evolved to cope with even very difficult situations and to move forward from them with energy and smiles -- because that's what our organisms do when we're kids. For most of us, our organism as children are prejudiced toward growth, whatever the obstacles that get in the way.....The way a tiny seed cal be so oriented toward growth that it may grow upward through pavement that you'd never imagine it could crack. 

Long story short, I think Gideon may have had blanket training, or may be having it, or may never have had it and never have it in his future. I don't think that, with most children,  there's any way to tell by looking.

Especially if it isn't combined with some other form of abusiveness or deprivation -- like food deprivation or something. And when it comes to their general demeanor, Joy and Austin seem to be loving parents who feed and care for their kid just fine. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Like 10

Anyone on here who is a parent knows that kids come hardwired with certain traits, even kids who share the same DNA. What feels harsh, or even traumatizing to one, can be meh, to another.

It's also impossible to parent every child the same, due personalities, experience and bandwidth.

Nature and nurture, combined with life itself makes it very hard to predict who ends up with major issues and who doesn't.

For the Duggars, even if they did everything 'right' as parents, they are still likely to create hateful, narrow minded adults, if they continue teaching their kids their Fundy bullshit beliefs.

My hope for these kids is each generation becomes more enlightened.

• Like 18

That's beautiful & what a nice remembrance especially as Annabelle's due date is approaching. 

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

That's beautiful & what a nice remembrance especially as Annabelle's due date is approaching. 

How long until Lauren "inspires" Si to gift her with something similar (just bigger and gaudier) to commemorate Asa. I guess he'll need a good middle name first, though. They never did get beyond just Asa, did they?

• Like 11
  • Sad 9

23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On the flip side of Joy's thoughtful SIL, this is the SIL's husband's recent post.

#hillbillydatenight  #myjunkislargerthanjesus'  #littlebiblebeforedinosaurhunting

• Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Bobby Jr. is quite the braggart, isn't he? Usually, shit like this is compensating for something.

• Like 7
  • Laugh 2

31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

On the flip side of Joy's thoughtful SIL, this is the SIL's husband's recent post.

Why do you need guns for your #coupledevotions?  

For me the only time Bible verses and guns works is when Samuel L. Jackson is quoting Ezekiel 25:17 in Pulp Fiction. 

• Laugh 17

2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I will never understand people who showcase their firearms on social media. Aren't you asking to get robbed? Seriously.

My husband is in law enforcement and while we do have weapons, I'd never in a million years post what or how many we have on a public or private instagram account. You are asking for trouble. 

• Like 18
  • Useful 2

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

He's hardly the only one. Kendra's parents posted a photo of Joe and Pastor Caldwell with bigger guns on their Instagram.  

I wouldn't guess that Bobby and Meagan have two children under 3 based on this photo,  but they do. 

• Surprise 1
  • Sad 4

23 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

How long until Lauren "inspires" Si to gift her with something similar (just bigger and gaudier) to commemorate Asa. I guess he'll need a good middle name first, though. They never did get beyond just Asa, did they?

Never. She'll go visible neck tattoo. No one will forget then!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 8
  • Surprise 1
  • Sad 1

An article here:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/joy-anna-duggar-faces-backlash-190844308.html

Joy-Anna posted the picture of her son Gideon with a pug named Pudge with the caption "Hey there, Pudge... I love you, Pudge! I guess Pudge isn't a fan of hugs. #helovesanimals"

The dog looks very uncomfortable -- even aggressive in the second photo -- and her followers began to point that out in the comment section.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

I don't know if Pudge is displaying signs of discomfort or not, but as a general rule I don't think it's a good idea to let toddlers be too grabby around dogs. Even the most well-mannered pets have their limits. 

• Like 18

6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Never. She'll go visible neck tattoo. No one will forget then!

Asa the heavy period I will never forget right on her forehead.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Pudge looks fairly old and chill and it doesn't seem Giddy even really touched the dog. It looks like he went in for a hug and Pudge moved.

• Like 8

On 9/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Joy got a necklace from her Ballinger SIL. A Duggar wouldn't think of this.

Now that is an appropriate way to remember a baby you lost. 

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Now that is an appropriate way to remember a baby you lost. 

Not a great way to call attention to yourself, however. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I don't know if Pudge is displaying signs of discomfort or not, but as a general rule I don't think it's a good idea to let toddlers be too grabby around dogs. Even the most well-mannered pets have their limits. 

Lest David Eason shows up and shoots it.

• Sad 6

I read somewhere that dogs hate to be hugged as they see it as threatening and confining.  Of course, when someone they love does it, they usually patiently tolerate it without complaint.

• Like 8
  • Useful 2

4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ugh.

9410F0FD-8216-4EEF-ACCC-2084A6DB992C.jpeg

Makes me want to wear one saying, "You Go First."

• Like 4
  • Laugh 16
  • Surprise 1

12 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Why would anyone wear that?  Ick!!!

So you can make sure all the heathens know you're better than they are? 

7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Does Austin's truck have camo paint?

I want a t-shirt saying If you wake up tomorrow will you still be a judgemental asshole?

Yeah, but then they'd have to wear t-shirts that say "Yes." And, frankly, "yes" isn't a word they like very much. They're much more of a "no" only crowd. 

• Like 8

17 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Ugh.

9410F0FD-8216-4EEF-ACCC-2084A6DB992C.jpeg

Please don't tell me the baby has got one of those t-shirts on? 😣

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

50 minutes ago, Puffin said:

Please don't tell me the baby has got one of those t-shirts on? 😣

The good news is I think his says something else. 

The bad news is it could be just as obnoxious, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 13

Joy has posted a few IG stories today about heading to Colorado.  The second story showed them with some of the older lost boys in tow, eating at Braum's and shopping for "all things camo" at Bass Pro Shops.  So, if a lot of the family is in California visiting Jing, and the lost boys are with Austin and Joy, where is Hannie?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, lilwhitelion said:

So, if a lot of the family is in California visiting Jing, and the lost boys are with Austin and Joy, where is Hannie?

She's on the California trip. All the kids from Jackson down are.

• Like 1

For the love of God, would someone PLEASE get Michelle a new bra that fits and supports? Her boobs have finally sagged all the way down to her elbows! In two of the above photos, both Joy and Abbie are wearing good bras and look great. MOTY also looks nice in her top (perfect color for her complexion) but my eyes were drawn right to the low hanging fruit. 

• Like 12
  • Laugh 3

Sweet friends!  They are so cliched. 

Im so glad Abbie’s holding her belly!  I’d never know she was pregnant otherwise!

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 10

22 hours ago, awaken said:

Im so glad Abbie’s holding her belly!  I’d never know she was pregnant otherwise!

Is THAT what she's doing? I thought she was diddling herself....

• Laugh 8