Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I think they will have as many as Joy can deliver. I don’t see them stopping. I don’t think Giddy is being blanket trained. Maybe kid #4 and above will. I hope Joy doesn’t die due to her not being seen by real doctors and no caution due to COVID. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, wilsie said:

My heart goes out to both of them too but it makes their stance on not being as careful as possible with this new life Joy is carrying puzzling.  I can't imagine taking a chance on anything after such an incredible loss.

I agree.  I would be hunkered down in the house (w/o visitors) if I were Jill. 

Didn't her& Austin do some type of interview at the beginning of Covid & when she was early pregnant?  IIRC they weren't even wearing masks yet alone distancing themselves from one another. 

• Love 4

This is a family that eschews even basic prenatal care despite having a number of serious close calls. Why in the world would they listen to medical professionals when it comes to Covid?

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I agree.  I would be hunkered down in the house (w/o visitors) if I were Jill. 

Didn't her& Austin do some type of interview at the beginning of Covid & when she was early pregnant?  IIRC they weren't even wearing masks yet alone distancing themselves from one another. 

Yeah, that was the Freedomists video where they mocked Covid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I have to say, I really like how she let Gideon help and how he is obviously comfortable using tools. She and Austin really seem to take a genuine delight in parenting and engaging with him. He just seems like a  happy, secure little dude!

• Love 17
7 hours ago, Insert Username said:

I have to say, I really like how she let Gideon help and how he is obviously comfortable using tools. She and Austin really seem to take a genuine delight in parenting and engaging with him. He just seems like a  happy, secure little dude!

I wonder how happy and secure he'll feel when he's one of a dozen and his parents have neither the time nor the energy to give him much personalized attention.  It's absolutely true that love can multiply to infinity.  However, attention has to be divided, and if they continue having another child as often as possible, his happiness and security may become a distant memory.  ☹️

• Love 3

A major hospital here just posted guidelines that pregnant women should limit interactions with others whenever possible and avoid interactions with others during the last two weeks of pregnancy. You’d think her last pregnancy would inspire her to be extra cautious during the pandemic. I know it wasn’t her fault, but I’d be extra cautious. Joy and Austin are numb skulks.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

A major hospital here just posted guidelines that pregnant women should limit interactions with others whenever possible and avoid interactions with others during the last two weeks of pregnancy. You’d think her last pregnancy would inspire her to be extra cautious during the pandemic. I know it wasn’t her fault, but I’d be extra cautious. Joy and Austin are numb skulks.

It's remarkable to me after seeing the heartbreak in their video about their lost baby they're so cavalier with this pregnancy. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

As is Carlin with her baby with heart problems.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

As I posted above, the Stewarts flew out today to visit Joy. I assume they took Layla with them which makes them even stupider than the Forsyths.

I'm fairly certain hospitals won't send a newborn home with their parents if the parents test positive to covid... if Joy delivers in a hospital.

And Carlin, first FL and now AR. Are they planning on visiting AZ and TX next? I wouldn't travel anywhere with a baby, never mind one with a heart condition during a pandemic, and certainly not to hot spot states. Oh wait, I don't have a baby and I'm not traveling anywhere during this pandemic.

If any of the Duggars, Bates, JRods, Caldwells get covid, they'll be super spreaders for sure.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

As I posted above, the Stewarts flew out today to visit Joy. I assume they took Layla with them which makes them even stupider than the Forsyths.

Flew? Public Plane? Idiots.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Flew? Public Plane? Idiots.

Actually public planes have mandated social distancing and safety procedures in place. It sounds a lot safer than the way they flew in the private plane a month ago. Layla (their baby) wasn't strapped down at all. It didn't look safe, and there are pictures in the Carlin thread in the Bringing Up Bates thread. 

(edited)
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Actually public planes have mandated social distancing and safety procedures in place. It sounds a lot safer than the way they flew in the private plane a month ago. Layla (their baby) wasn't strapped down at all. It didn't look safe, and there are pictures in the Carlin thread in the Bringing Up Bates thread. 

Recently, most airlines, other than Delta and Southwest, announced that they would now be selling every seat on the plane, even the middle ones which had been left open to facilitate distancing.  Most airlines do require passengers to wear masks, but, of course, kids under 2 are exempt.  Most experts recommend flying only when absolutely necessary and wearing a mask and eye protection the entire time.  In addition, it is also recommended that passengers bring their own sanitizing wipes and wipe down the seat, armrests, tray tables and seatbelts before touching any of them.  And, of course, do not eat or drink on the plane, particularly do not eat or drink the airline's catered food.

I'd also be willing to bet that Carlin didn't purchase an actual seat for her child, but instead held her on her lap unbelted the whole way.  That being the case, flying commercial is a lot riskier than a private plane.

Does anyone think they did any of those things?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, Zella said:

Isn't she due in early August? I vaguely recall pondering the probability she would be born on my birthday, which is the 3rd. 

You're the 3rd?  I'm the 4th.  No need for either of us to share our special day with Joy's spawn. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You're the 3rd?  I'm the 4th.  No need for either of us to share our special day with Joy's spawn. 

A fellow Leo! ❤

Yeah I'm really okay with not having a birthday in common with any of these folks.

• Love 3
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Zella said:

I found something that said August 19, so a little later in the month than I'd thought. 

The pregnancy tracker thread on FJ has her due date as the second week of August. I also don't recall her giving an exact due date, just weeks of gestation.

Edited by Sew Sumi
She is not due. Not even close!
  • Useful 3

Joy is due August 19th according to Duggar data. Duggar data says that it both lines up with how many weeks she claimed to be in a post (a few weeks) and Joy has said that's her due date. 

• Useful 2
(edited)

Joy has not given a date. She was 30 weeks on June 10, which is the last time she's given an update. Yes, I went to her IG. 😁 

eta: I did the math, and counting from 6/10, 40 weeks is indeed 8/19. BUT Joy never said it. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy has not given a date. She was 30 weeks on June 10, which is the last time she's given an update. Yes, I went to her IG. 😁 

eta: I did the math, and counting from 6/10, 40 weeks is indeed 8/19. BUT Joy never said it. 

She didn't say it in that post, but Duggar Data said Joy had already said before that post. 

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

She didn't say it in that post, but Duggar Data said Joy had already said before that post. 

I looked at every pregnancy post she made back to the first announcement. She NEVER gave a due date, just chronicled how far along she was at the time. Duggar Data is reaching in this case.

• Useful 3
23 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Wow Joy is huge

I find Carlin good looking,but dumb. Just the vibe, I don't know much about her

You don't have to know much about Carlin to know she is a dummy.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
On 7/3/2020 at 7:56 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Carlin is on her way to visit. So yeah, they have given up all pretense of believing that Covid is real.

On 7/3/2020 at 10:52 PM, DangerousMinds said:

You would think the Stewarts (CaRlin, Evan & Layla) would stay at home and thank their lucky stars.  

According to their recent Vlog, Evan had to be tested because a coworker tested positive for Covid. Luckily it came back negative.  But it seemed when it was a possibility it could be positive, all they (mostly  Carlin) was concerned about was cancelling their trip to the Forsyths.  Worrying about consequences with baby Layla who has a hole in her heart & was having breathing issues around this time, seemed to barely cross their minds.  They seemed to be more worried about how they were going to pass the two week isolation time. It showed them eating (Carlin getting on Evan's nerves eating crunchy apples) & playing cards.  I would have been shown calling Layla's doctor(s) first thing to find out what to look for if she was my daughter and it was my video.  Her health was definitely an afterthought. Luckily they did finish out their quarantine. 

These two are way past the covidiots stage.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

You would think the Stewarts (CaRlin, Evan & Layla) would stay at home and thank their lucky stars.  

According to their recent Vlog, Evan had to be tested because a coworker tested positive for Covid. Luckily it came back negative.  But it seemed when it was a possibility it could be positive, all they (mostly  Carlin) was concerned about was cancelling their trip to the Forsyths.  Worrying about consequences with baby Layla who has a hole in her heart & was having breathing issues around this time, seemed to barely cross their minds.  They seemed to be more worried about how they were going to pass the two week isolation time. It showed them eating (Carlin getting on Evan's nerves eating crunchy apples) & playing cards.  I would have been shown calling Layla's doctor(s) first thing to find out what to look for if she was my daughter and it was my video.  Her health was definitely an afterthought. Luckily they did finish out their quarantine. 

Her and Joy have similar personalities, although Joy is a tad more sensible and driven. Carlin takes great pride in her dumb not-blonde routine. Its sad because she really has no idea how clueless she really is.

• Love 16

They don't care how corona can affect Layla because they are too young, dumb, sheltered, and enjoying that. It all has to be about them and their plans.They have not a single brain cell that could give them idea to see how the real world is like

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

They don't care how corona can affect Layla because they are too young, dumb, sheltered, and enjoying that. It all has to be about them and their plans.They have not a single brain cell that could give them idea to see how the real world is like

They truly are the epitome of Dumb and Dumber.  Their poor child(ren) have no chance.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Too bad they couldn’t have waited a few years before they had kids .

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

And they are steeped in the cult belief that they - unlike most of the rest of the world - worship the correct Jesus, and Jesus will protect them from bad things because they're tight with him. They look down on those of us who aren't in their cult, and don't give a flying feck whether we get sick and die. Obviously, we wouldn't suffer if we came to their Jesus, so we're getting what we deserve including burning forever in hell.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Surely Jesus will protect them, no? 🙄

12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I looked at every pregnancy post she made back to the first announcement. She NEVER gave a due date, just chronicled how far along she was at the time. Duggar Data is reaching in this case.

Duggar Data lost me when they attempted to calculate Jinger's exact miscarriage date. That is creeping into Pickles territory. 

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

And they are steeped in the cult belief that they - unlike most of the rest of the world - worship the correct Jesus, and Jesus will protect them from bad things because they're tight with him. They look down on those of us who aren't in their cult, and don't give a flying feck whether we get sick and die. Obviously, we wouldn't suffer if we came to their Jesus, so we're getting what we deserve including burning forever in hell.

I forgot to add on my orig post that they started praying right away. Nothing wrong with that. I would have joined in on any prayer chain that had an open link for me. But like we say, they think their way of praying and living is the ONLY thing that helps them.  IIRC Evan mentioned about how praying helped with the negative results when the nurse called him back. I think most people would have just said a simple "Thank God" & left it at that.  

I also forgot to repeat this was the couple that didn't have a clue when Layla was in distress and/or monitor was going off when she first started having problems. Carlin called to the Bates' house rather than calling 911 first because she was so flustered. Luckily someone was home at the Bates & they had  smarts to call 911. But that had to be a confusing and difficult call for the 911 operator.  They have to ask many important questions relating to the patient's condition at that moment and not have to go through a third party. Especially since it was an infant with known problems. (This part is just my opinion. Hopefully they hung up the 911 Bates call & had Carlin call them back directly.) 

BTW, I'm also predicting a new blessing in their future. I'm sure they found a way to pass the time. 

ETA: Fundy dingbats in general do a lot of stupid and crazy things that upset me. But this one takes the cake. I have  heart & lung problems that developed later in life . I know the seriousness involved & possibly life threatening in certain circumstances.  I feel nothing but sorrow & sadness that this precious little baby has to start life with such uninformed & clueless parents that seem to take her problems as minor bumps in the road & that their God can fix it all.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 13