Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Blacklight or Daylight?

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

In Project Runway's first blacklight challenge, the designers have to create a look that sparkles not only in daylight, but under blacklights under the runway as well. Anxieties rise when the unusual materials leave many of the designers in the dark. Jaime King joins the judges this week.

I like Mah-Jing and I'm glad he escaped elimination by the skin of his teeth.  I really think that Tim led him down the wrong path with his feedback.  Mah-Jing was really happy and excited designing a wedding gown for his fiance and Tim told him to scrap it? He was obviously thrown off balance and upset and could not recover. I could be wrong but I cannot remember Tim ever before telling a contestant to completely throw out a look.  Even if Mah-Jing's look had been too bridal it would have been better than the awful monstrosity he ended up with.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 16

Tim has told people before to scrap looks. Mah-Jing's first piece looked like scraps of material tacked together. His second wasn't much better. He seems like a nice guy but his dress was bad. Kimber's was bad and boring, so she deserved to go home. I liked Erin's dress it was pretty and looked like she spent way more time on it. Not really a fan of Jenni's because I can never see a swimsuit and a see through coat as any kind of real look. Cornelius is really entitled and annoying.

Did anyone see the blurb on the end with some girl with a really awful voice named Sammi? Apparently she didn't make PR but makes outfits each week that are on the website. The brief bit they showed of this weeks outfit looked awful. At first I didn't want to make fun of her because I wondered if she is special needs in some way, but maybe not? 

• Love 4

How is Roberi always safe? He's done some very good designs, like this one, and he was just safe again. 

I always like when someone wins who isn't always tooting there own horn * cough, Cornelius, cough*, so I was ok with Erin winning again. Her dress was pretty under the black light. 

I was glad Mah-Jing gets another chance. It was time Kimber went home since she was in the bottom last week too I think. 

I wish they would stop featuring Jenni's gawd awful laugh every week, and this time it was TWICE! Please STAWP! 

• Love 20

I really like mah jing, but his dress was a big sloppy nothing and he deserved to go home. 

The long dress kimber wore for the runway was terrible. It made her look four feet tall and caused me to question her taste level!

erin will win this thing. 

Transitions lenses?!  We laughed so hard. 

I also wish they'd stop featuring jenni's affected laugh. Whenever you give people attention for a crazy laugh, cutesy sneeze, etc it only causes them to do it more. 

• Love 15

Roberi's design was good and it reflected the black light very well, but wasn't it the same silhouette as the unconventional materials challenge?

Erin is head and shoulders above the others at this point.

Edited by susannot
  • Love 11

Cornelius's's's's dress was "on trend"?  Emojis are over.  I mean - people still use them and all but the days of emojis being considered cool or hip are long gone.  Plus it just looked lame with those rudimentary sad faces and x's.   :(

Due to her unfortunate hairdo, I kept getting Kimber and Dexter mixed up for almost the entire show.  It was only when I remembered Dexter had a nose ring that I got my bearings again.  

I like Mah-Jing but almost wanted him to go home with the constant crying.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 7
15 minutes ago, susannot said:

I like Mah-Jing and I'm glad he escaped elimination by the skin of his teeth.  I really think that Tim led him down the wrong path with his feedback.  Mah-Jing was really happy and excited designing a wedding gown for his fiance and Tim told him to scrap it? He was obviously thrown off balance and upset and could not recover. I could be wrong but I cannot remember Tim ever before telling a contestant to completely throw out a look.  Even if Mah-Jing's look had been too bridal it would have been better than the awful monstrosity he ended up with.

I could see a really Tim Burton Corpse Bride look resulting from just taking the original idea to a different place. Who doesn't want a blacklight veil?

I can't believe I am typing this, but I thought Cornelius should have won, as his met the challenge best. I also wanted to see Roberri's (sp?) and wished he'd been chosen to look at his garment more closely. I liked how it worked under the blacklight.

• Love 6

I'm surprised Laurence did not get a scolding from the judges for coasting on her immunity and phoning it in this week. Coz that is what it seems she did.

Erin's was divine. I like Cornelius and I admire competitiveness but that was some serious poor sportsmanship. 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, avecsans said:

I had never heard of Jamie King before, and I had an immediate dislike.      Then I googled her and discovered that she is a friend of Taylor Swift and it made perfect sense that I thought she was an idiot.  Rik's outfit was a little tacky but she scolded him so pompously that it seemed as if she thought his dress was an affront to humanity.

She was a top model back in the 90's (she went by James King back then).  I met her on a go-see and she was so drugged out, obnoxious and skeletal.  Needless to say we didn't book her.  Turns out she had been a heroin addict for years, but she went into rehab and has been clean ever since.  I never thought she was a raving beauty, but she was the shit back in the day.

• Love 7

When Brik's sad little shift hit the runway and didn't transform at all, I thought surely he'd be gone...but nope.  I didn't like Jenni's look and I don't like Jenni, period.  And Cornelius is the biggest shit-stirrer in years...what an arrogant little tool he is.

Roberi ought to have been in the top three.  Just sayin'.

**And is it just me, or does anyone else look at Alex and think he's holding a pin/needle in his mouth, before remembering it's a piercing?

Edited by Marmiarmo
Autocorrect failure.
  • Love 8
8 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Jenni's laugh, IMO, is an affectation that can be unlearned, and ought to be.

It's so annoying, I don't even care what her outfits look like.  It's almost as though she's playing it up on purpose.  Between the laugh and the eyebrows, I'm totally done with her.

• Love 12
40 minutes ago, NorthstarATL said:

I could see a really Tim Burton Corpse Bride look resulting from just taking the original idea to a different place.

This is a fabulous idea. Truly. Mah-Jing, had he an inkling of your smarts, should have run with this. It would have been editorial, and pop culture, and whatever lame and dated criticism Nina chose to employ to describe it.  

Nina herself no longer offers any real criticism, she just adds these tags, as if they mean something to a designer. Earn your money, Nina, say something specific about proportion, color or fabric choices, construction, or design influences. It will not make you sound old, Nina, it will make you appear to know your subject and have some objective standards. And I could respect that.

• Love 9

I thought the winning dress looked like a nightgown.... not a fan... though that designer rubs me the wrong way for some reason, so I may be biased. It did glow, but it was such a nightgown.

The painted rain slicker look was neat under the lights, though the yellow suit or whatever that was underneath was pretty blah for me. But props for the neat painting, even if the designer needs to be muted any time she smiles.

The emoji dress really worked with the challenge, it was a big transition and made great use of the black light. I do think the dress itself was pretty basic though. But if we're honest, most of the dresses are simple silhouettes since they don't have time for anything else.

When MahJing got the phone call home, I so thought he was going home. I'm glad he gets to stay, since I like his passion, even if this dress was a mess, at least he could admit it was no good.

The losing dress was boring and didn't glow. I'm okay with it going home, though I don't understand how Brik was safe again... his dress didn't transform and it had no real shape/design to it.... more like a white sack with some pins.

I didn't think the other bottom look was that bad, I mean, yes it had it's problems, and the bows at the bottom were terrible, but the lacing could have been a neat way to bring in the black light effect.

Overall, I did like this challenge since it was something different. It would have been better if they had a little more time. I still don't really agree with the judges, but I never have... so that's not new :)

• Love 10

Thank you, avec, your comment on Jamie King/Taylor Swift - it's the first laugh I've had today. (I don't care for her either). And speaking of Jamie King, what was her issue with the tied bow on Rik's outfit? Ok it was tacky, but like avecsans said, it wasn't an affront to humanity. She also said something about it being unacceptable in this day & age - what?? She seemed to find the bow obscene/politically incorrect so I thought she was referring to something that went way over my head. Baffling.

This was a ridiculous challenge & too crafy as mentioned in the PTV review.

I liked Erin's. And I finally figured out who she reminds me of, Agent Bishop of NCIS.

I think they sent the right person home. I liked Roberi's too.

I know Maj was upset, but his crying sound was funny (so high and squeaky) & sounded quite fake
(although I don't think it was).

Brik's sad little shift went from white to blue. That was the transformation. It did more than Kimber's.

Edited by kat165
i really can spell
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Albino said:

Due to her unfortunate hairdo, I kept getting Kimber and Dexter mixed up for almost the entire show.  It was only when I remembered Dexter had a nose ring that I got my bearings again.  

Who is Dexter?

I think Mah-jing was saved because he was more interesting than Kimber. 

Kimber had difficulties articulating her vision when the judges would ask her about it on the runway. I noticed that, instead of telling a story about her design, she simply describes what she did. Successful contestants have a narrative about their design, even if it's made up.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, nb360 said:

Who is Dexter?

He's the one that looks just like Kimber.

Just kidding...he's a fairly likable, talented designer...short, with long-ish brown hair, funky clothes and a very prominent nose ring.  He wasn't featured too much tonight.  They needed time to show Mah-Jing sobbing.

Edited by Albino
  • Love 2

When Jenni laughed that weird laugh of hers, my dog immediately woke up and was wiggling her ears, trying to figure out what the heck that strange noise was.

My boyfriend thought I was watching a show that had seals in it, so he was a bit confused when he saw me watching Project Runway.

I liked Erin's. I thought it was really pretty. She really seems to think about her designs, and they seem well thought out. When she mentioned being concerned about the time while she was trying to finish, she looked fairly calm. It is a nice contrast from designers who freak out over the time.

I really loved Roberi's. It probably wasn't the most striking under the black light, but I liked it.

Jenni's was a mess for me. I do think her hand painting the designs were nice, but it basically looked like a leotard under a clear raincoat. It was strange to me.

I like Laurence and I thought the top was nice, but I think she half assed the bottoms. It did not look like top and the bottom went together. Does that make any sense?

I hated Cornelius'. I think if he spent more time on the emoji's or some other artwork it could have looked cool, but I thought it looked sloppy under the black light. I was not impressed with the white dress either. There was a weird dart in the front.

I thought Dexter's fringe looked nice under the black light, but was not really wowed by his look. It might have been my boredom over another white dress coming down the runway. I love Dexter though.

Rik's design was, in my opinion, tacky. I thought it was tacky when he was in the work room. His top might have worked if he had a different bottom, because when he started his design I was interested than it took a turn into tacky territory.

Mah Jing's first design wasn't great. I think he could have done something with it than scrapping it all or at least using the wedding dress idea, but going in a different direction. He did admit that it was not what he wanted to put down the runway, which is one of the reasons why I think he stayed.

The print Kimber used just did not work. If she wanted to use a print I would imagine a bigger, less busy print would be better. I would have liked to see what the designers would have done with more prints in this challenge. I was fine with Kimber going. She made a boring dress that did not really glow.

• Love 5

Cornelius made a boring white dress with stupid faces on it. Over him. 

Rik really did create a horrible dress. He should have gone. Neither of the other bottom dresses were working girl wear. 

I have not really cared about Jenni's laugh before, and I suspected that editing had a hand in it. However, tonight she went on and on, the camera on her almost nonstop, over something not even funny. It didn't seem to be edited for increased length.  She's a fucking poseur and I want her gone. 

Roberi's dress looked like it had worms on it. Not impressed by him at all. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Did anyone see the blurb on the end with some girl with a really awful voice named Sammi? Apparently she didn't make PR but makes outfits each week that are on the website. The brief bit they showed of this weeks outfit looked awful. At first I didn't want to make fun of her because I wondered if she is special needs in some way, but maybe not? 

I'm pretty sure that that's a comedy bit!  I thought it was funny.

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, UMAngela said:

How was Brik not in the bottom?  What was that white sack of whatever that he sent down the runway?

That dress reminded me of a comment from I think Project Runway All Stars where Isaac went in on an outfit for "being nothing." 

Cornelius is giving me less rage-y Ken Laurence vibes, especially when he was shading the winning outfit.

Edited by BloggerAloud
  • Love 7

First, Heidi actually looked good in both outfits, something different for her. Second, this was a dumb challenge, & I'm not even sure what the challenge was supposed to be, was it day to night, or daylight to nightlight?

I hated both Cornelius' & Jenni's outfits, so of course, the judges loved them both. Erin's dress looked like everything else she has made.

3 hours ago, susannot said:

I really think that Tim led him down the wrong path with his feedback.  

Tim has steered so many people wrong with his feedback, I'm surprised people still listen to him.

3 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

How is Roberi always safe? He's done some very good designs, like this one, and he was just safe again. 

Roberi  was my favorite, I don't know why he was only safe either.

• Love 5

I used to perform at a nightclub under black lights so I was super excited about this challenge. What I found to be the most effective under black lights was making sure that the black light colors were distinct (so I would never put neon pink and neon orange next to each other because they look too similar under the black light) and having some contrast (either with the black light colors themselves like putting neon green next to neon orange or putting a color like black/white/metallic silver next to the neon color).

I hated that most of the models wore glasses on the runway because of the Transitions sponsor this week. At least Erin and Mah-Jing put more subtle glasses on their models.

I was not impressed with Corny's dress at all. He made a white dress, slapped on some tape to make smiley faces , and spray painted it with UV paint. And no, Cornelius, basic smiley faces are not actually emojis. It looked like a home ec project, just too crafty.

Part of me felt bad for Jenni when the puffy painted designs she put on her clear jacket started falling off. If you are not someone who lived through the 90s and used puffy paint extensively, you wouldn't know that it might peel off. I liked that the designs looked like they were floating. My issue with her outfit is that her model was wearing a yellow leotard with a see through coat. Unless it's one of the ice skating or spandex challenges, a leotard is not an actual outfit. And even though the puffy paint flowers and mendhi designs were very pretty, does that really satisfy the part of the transformative part of the challenge?

What I liked about Alex's dress is that under the regular lights, it looked like a dress that someone might actually wear, meaning it didn't have weird neon crap just for the sake of the black lights. Yes, it was a simple concept, but he chose his materials/colors wisely.

I felt bad for Mah-Jing. Regardless of my opinion of the original design, it sucks that he accidentally used the wrong paint while he was adding a few more finishing touches in the black light room and ended up having to use more of that pink paint to cover up his mistake. But even without that, I don't think that his black light design was very effective. It looked like exactly what it was: a white dress with UV paint splattered on it. The braided cord was a good idea but it was too thin to really show up well under the black light.

I agree with Tim and Cornelius - Nathalia's dress looked like a costume (Xenon was a great description from Our Lady of Shade). It also looked like it didn't fit her model very well in the shoulders and arms. Just because it's a black light challenge doesn't mean that the entire outfit needs to be neon. My favorite part was the alternating colors on the skirt part of jacket in the back. That's the kind of color contrast I was talking about having under the black light.

Roberi really lucked out with his fabric choice. I mean, yes, he chose the fabric itself but he got lucky that when he cut the fabric, the shredded ends glowed pink under the black light. I thought his ruffled dress was cute under both the regular and black lights and that it did have a transformation under the black lights because of the threads from the unfinished edges of the fabric.

Oh, Kimber. Her first problem was that she choose an ugly fabric. Her second problem was that her ugly fabric didn't look good under the black light. Her third problem was that she designed a boring, shapeless dress. I hated the one long sleeve on one side and no sleeve on the other side.

Sarah's outfit was boring. A black top with white cuffs and collar? And a short white pencil skirt? Yawn. It was boring under the regular lights and boring under the black light. Part of me appreciates that she just used white lace of throwing a bunch of neon onto it, but it was so ho hum in every way. As Tim said, it looked very ready to wear.

Rik's use of the neon yellow cord showed up really well under the black light, but under the regular lights, who the hell would ever wear that outfit? I mean, I guess if you were going out clubbing, but I can't see that being worn anywhere else. The main thing I appreciated about his design is that he made an effort to design something that wasn't just a plain dress. The crop top was more unique than the dresses we saw on the runway.

Laurence made a nice jacket so I will give her that. It fit her model really well and looked very sleek. But it looked like a cropped blazer with matching underpants. WTF, Laurence?

I hated Tasha's top. The neon pink straps looked like they were just stapled on. The pink cording was superfluous to me. The only thing I liked were the pink stripes on the front of the skirt, but because they were made up of dots, the pink stripes didn't have a huge impact from farther away.

I am still undecided about Erin's dress. Because the top was so sheer, the bikini top showing through in the black light wasn't a huge surprise. I also didn't think the black light look was sexy or naughty. I think it was a good runway look (which is what they were asked to create) but I don't think it would be good for anything else. The high waistline combined with the billowy skirt was a less than flattering silhouette on her model but I get what she was doing. Some of the brighter trim she used showed up really well under the black light, so to me that was more effective than the designers who simply relied on using white fabric. I liked that the shiny fabric of the skirt looked opaque under regular light and more sheer under the black light. I also really liked that she created the pattern on the skirt using lace and other pieces of fabric. She was able to do that without making it looking like she glued a bunch of crap to fabric. Even when I don't like her stuff, I can see that she has a very clear vision and a distinct point of view so I understand why the judges like her work, especially in the face of so many boring designs.

Brik, WTF? Did he seriously just give up? He made a white dress. That wasn't black light couture as he claimed. It was a plain white dress. The things that made it different (like the foofy neckline) were not good.

Dexter's all white outfit worked for me because it looked all white under regular light but under the black light there were some parts that were glowing. Without the drama of the fringe, I don't think that the glowing at the hem and waist would have been enough.

Knowing that the judges put Erin, Jenni, and Cornelius in the top, I wanted Erin to win because I felt like her design was the most designed. The other two were more craft projects. I wish Roberi had won though. Even though the pink shredding on his dress was accidental, I liked that he fulfilled the challenge without making a crafty costume.

Cornelius can STFU. He thinks he could box pleat a dress and glue shit on and win? Well, nice try because all you did was make a boring white dress and spray paint it which is even less work. Even if you're frustrated about not winning, it is FUCKING RUDE to talk shit about someone else's design when they're sitting like three feet away. Try to behave like a grown up and save your temper tantrum for later. I'm glad Erin said that he's like a mosquito and that it doesn't affect her. I hope that she continues to ignore him. I also found it funny that he was complaining to Nathalia and Laurence, two of the people who have already said they don't like his gossiping and complaining.

I am fine with Kimber going home. Her dress was boring (which is a cardinal sin on PR) and it didn't fulfill the blacklight portion of the challenge which means that it was boring and pointless. On top of that, she thought there was nothing wrong with her design. The judges hate boring and they hate when you're so pig headed that you can't admit you made some bad choices. Mah-Jing, on the other hand, knew his dress sucked and he acknowledged that to the judges.

On a shallow note, I hate Jenni's stupid tattoo.

• Love 14

Did Erin say something about how her father saved her from the Mormons of Utah? That's a pretty nasty piece of work there. I'm not a Mormon, but I thought it was offensive and it would never fly if she had said something similar about Jews/Muslims/African Americans/you get the picture.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I always like when someone wins who isn't always tooting there own horn * cough, Cornelius, cough*, so I was ok with Erin winning again. Her dress was pretty under the black light. 

I was glad Mah-Jing gets another chance. It was time Kimber went home since she was in the bottom last week too I think. 

I wish they would stop featuring Jenni's gawd awful laugh every week, and this time it was TWICE! Please STAWP! 

My guess on why Roberi is always safe is that his designs are very derivative of some Great Fashion Designer.  (I couldn't say who that is.)  I think Nina was down on him for the unconventional materials challenge because She Has Seen That Before.  He is executing things well but to a real fashion person there is not much originality on display.  He sure loves his designs though. ;-D

7 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I liked Erin's. I thought it was really pretty. She really seems to think about her designs, and they seem well thought out. When she mentioned being concerned about the time while she was trying to finish, she looked fairly calm. It is a nice contrast from designers who freak out over the time.

Well, yes and I basically agree with you (especially about the lack of dramatics as she just gets on with the assignment--to her credit) but all I could think when I saw the dress was 'Oh, a baby-doll. Shades of 1965 and wouldn't Twiggy look great in that.' Aside from the UV value, it's not new and something I've seen 1,000 times.

• Love 5

I have not warmed to Erin and I think I know why now.  To quote Nina I have seen this before.  One designer that they love and  rave over each week.  One that viewers feel gets robbed each week.  One they keep for drama or other entertainment.  One they hate.  I want to see longer challenges with designers that are all talented enough to have a good competition.  I don't want to know who the winner will most likely be from the start even if they are very talented. 

I could not believe Cornelius' arts and crafts project was in the top.  He did not even try to cut the tape to make well formed designs, he just stuck it on.  Even Kimber put more thought and work into her ugly flowers than he did. Jenni could have made an awesome outfit if she had put a top and pants under the jacket that did not glow.  Speaking of Jenni I know someone with a much softer version of her laugh.  That person did not start laughing like that until her late teens so I suspect Jenni used to laugh like the rest of us too.

• Love 1

Hee hee! Despite it all I'm still all in and enjoyed last night's episode! I've gotten used to the clunky tie-ins, this one wasn't as bad as some.

Erin is mad talented! She may not be everyone's cup of tea but she has chops. She's thoughtful and it looks like she's prepared herself well for the rigors of Project Runway. I don't doubt for a second that she sat up nights with her notebook, sketching, thinking about the kinds of things she might be called upon to do, making lists, doing practices. She seems like the kind of organized, methodical person who would. And really, when you consider how many seasons of PR there have been, and how many designers have been utterly thrown by  the time constraints, lack of sleep, homesickness, and so on and on, its pretty cool to me to see someone who stays calm, rolls with the punches, and gets on with it. I like her.

I think Jenni is very talented and creative also. She's a bit full of herself but she's young so I cut her some slack. I look forward to seeing what she'll do each week but I do wish the editing team didn't find her laugh so delightful. (Hint: its not).

Cornelius can go, now. His display of pique after the winner was announced was really off-putting. He won't be able to contain himself, he'll snot off at the judges within three episodes. You heard it here first! He loves those little pleat-y things, huh? He did one last week, (the faux hood on his top), and this week that stupid pocket in front (that your glasses would fall out of every five minutes) and the "look! here's my vagina!" pleat on the skirt. And yeah, emojis aren't edgy. Your mom uses them.

And hey, editing crew, while you're at it, you need to get better at not telegraphing who's leaving, OK? I knew Kimber was a goner from the first five minutes, even with the insertion of the weepy phone call home by Mah-Jing as a distraction.

I call Erin and Roberi for the final. The third is trickier--Jenni? Alex? Laurence? 

• Love 9

One of Nina's criticisms of the losing dress was "Yes, people will like it, and yes, it would sell well" (paraphrase).  Me: "That's a bad thing"?  I know it's not high fashion, and that particular dress was a little boring, but so were so many other designs that were declared safe.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

One of Nina's criticisms of the losing dress was "Yes, people will like it, and yes, it would sell well" (paraphrase).

It kills me when Nina uses this as a way of dismissing outfits she doesn't like because her job is basically selling the crap that appears on her desk. "Fashion Director" is actually another way of saying "Advertising Shill". She acts like it's some higher calling.

• Love 14

Glad Mah-jing got to stay.  Still not sure how far he will go (definitely don’t see him winning or showing at fashion week) but glad he is around.  The flower ambush from the 1st episode still does not sit well with me.  But I find his manners even under a brutal critique to be refreshing and scored points with me. 

I’m fine with Kimber leaving because she thoroughly confuses me.  Her design aesthetic and her personal style just seem…questionable.  As a woman of a certain height her fondness for long draping dresses and cardigans make her look even shorter and standing next to a 6-foot model does her no favors.  I totally wasn’t expecting the sleeve and chest tattoo either. Combine that with her boring designs and non-flattering personal style you have a hot mess convergence of WTF and Gurrrrrrl NO.  To quote Tati from Rupaul’s drag race – CHOICES!

So far I am impressed with Erin.  She appears to have a pleasant disposition and clear voice. Didn’t care for last week’s neoprene liberty bell but thought this week’s design was indeed ethereal and pretty.  It brought a subtlety and softness to the black light design challenge that I liked as opposed to the rave club kid obvious neon direction.

TO THE SHADY BUNCH

Cornelius is now dead to me! Why be nasty for no reason?  Your simple dress and exemplary spray painting skills may have proved to deliver a dramatic reveal but it doesn’t make you the 2nd coming.  I’m going need you to take SEVERAL seats.  To start talking shit once the winner comes into the room and sits 3 feet away from you is totally classless and reeks of immaturity.  Also, did anyone else catch the shade of Cornelius’ classmate the girl with the magenta hair when Erin came in? When Erin revealed to the designers in the lounge that she won everyone else looked at her and either clapped or extended congratulations.  This entitled hipster choking on her own self-importance bitch just looked away and I believe I detected an eye roll.  Lady Cornelius’ chief lady in waiting the Duchess of Delusion is also a Bitter Betty.  

Cornelius, no shade but you know you’re a dick, right?

• Love 22

I have not warmed to Erin and I think I know why now.  To quote Nina I have seen this before.  One designer that they love and  rave over each week.  One that viewers feel gets robbed each week.  One they keep for drama or other entertainment.  One they hate.  I want to see longer challenges with designers that are all talented enough to have a good competition.  I don't want to know who the winner will most likely be from the start even if they are very talented. 

I could not believe Cornelius' arts and crafts project was in the top.  He did not even try to cut the tape to make well formed designs, he just stuck it on.  Even Kimber put more thought and work into her ugly flowers than he did. Jenni could have made an awesome outfit if she had put a top and pants under the jacket that did not glow.  Speaking of Jenni I know someone with a much softer version of her laugh.  That person did not start laughing like that until her late teens so I suspect Jenni used to laugh like the rest of us too.

I have no doubt that Jenni is grossly exaggerating her laugh to distinguish herself from the crowd. All she's doing with that is distinguishing herself as incredibly annoying.

• Love 10

I thought Erin did a good job but I was at Target yesterday looking at children's Halloween costumes and the material she used looked just like the Frozen Anna dress I was eyeing. While I liked the sheer part, the silhouette is very dated. It's "cutesy" and completely chopped the models torso in half. Just looked ill-fitting. That said, I still think she is the one to beat plus she has a great story and PR is all about the dramatic story arc. 

Rik's was strange but had he made the skirt, complete with the cording, into crop pants, it would've looked like something I can see girls at the gym wearing. For real. It would've made it sporty, as oppose to club wear. 
I am usually not one to take offense to anything but when Jamie King (who was an AWFUL guest judge), Heide and Nina went on and on about how it was slutty or trashy, I couldn't help but think "slut shaming". Of course, they aren't saying the model is any of that because she is simply showing the design good but that is such a tame outfit for it to be declared "stripper wear". 
Oh no! They saw some butt cheek?! We have all seen models walking down the REAL catwalk with their nipples pointing north, full exposed, so give me this clutching pearls act a break! Of course they aren't looking for the next great Fredrick's Of Hollywood designer but black light and couture will never go hand and hand. 

Roberi definitely had the best look. It was flirty, sexy and while the color transformation was subtle, it worked. He should've won. 

ETA: While Heidi continues to remind me of a Stepford Wife, I really wish TPTB would dump Nina. I say it all the time, it will never happen, but she is such a drag. 

Edited by The Hound Lives
Wanted to hate on Nina, and her awful hair, per usual.
  • Love 5