Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E42: Finale, Winner Revealed

• Start Topic

11 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Paul lost it with the jury questions.

Question:  Paul, you were such an asshole in the house, belittling and intimidating the girls, and calling Michelle the "C" word.  What do you have to say for yourself?

Paul:  Well, I'm just a wild and crazy guy.  I'm loud.  I'm just going to be myself.  That's what you get.  Friendship!

Paul also became visibly angry at a couple of his question.  I like him even less now.  I think his performance was enough to flip a vote.  Before James walked on the stage, didn't Day say she wanted the evicted HG to be anyone but Paul?  Obviously, she wanted Paul to win.  Yet she voted for Nicole.  If I'm right, I couldn't be happier that Paul lost the game because of his obnoxious loud mouth.

THIS!  I honestly think...had Paul just kept his yap shut -- he had it.  But he had to remind people about his being an asshole at the absolute wrong time.  Nicole was also smart enough to display just enough reverence that I do believe, if the vote happened before questions...Paul locked it.

Paul was...Paul...counting his 500K before the check was out...and his mouth screwed up that check he had hoped to cash.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Dilandau said:

I was always under the impression that the jury already knew who they were voting for and told the production ahead of time, and then they would have them vote in the order that was the most interesting.

I always assumed that as well, and wish production would just seat them in the order in which they want to reveal the votes, so it doesn't look so fishy.

• Love 1

I'm very happy with the outcome this season.  Although I'd been a big supporter of James all season, I finally got fed up with his lack of playing over the past several weeks.  He just laid around all day doing nothing.  I switched over to supporting Nicole a few weeks ago, and I'm glad she won.  She really DID do some nice moves in the game, and was the brains behind the Nicorey team (thank goodness!).

I thought Paul had this thing won, but his jury answers doomed him.  Much like Dan in S14, Paul came across as cocky and arrogant.  He almost came out and said, "Give me my money, you losers!" to the jury.  I expected Paul to win 7-2.  Dayvonne's vote was the biggest surprise for me, and I couldn't have been happier about it!

This was a good season (but long).  I think the only 2 people I actually couldn't stand this year were Paulie (one of the biggest jerks in all of BB history) and Bridgette, who constantly played the giggly, childish fool, even while calling herself a "strong, independent woman".

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Changing alliances or at least trying to and hiding behind dudes sure is impressive. What I see is someone's social game clobber his chances for a win. Paul played a better game. A less disloyal game. He won when he needed to. But, he also offended a lot of people. The game only gets you so far. You have to live in that house with the jury on your mind. Other than Michelle, Nicole didn't actively piss anyone off. That's counts for a lot 

I'm not against Nicole winning I just found it funny because in Big brother season 16 I felt the only reason Christine voted her out was just for the sake of being the last girl standing. I don't like Paul and didn't want him to win. Nicole annoys me but I thought she played a better game.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 1

Paul is a lesser version of Russell Hantz  He made great strategic moves and was tough in comps. Unfortunately, he's a bit of an ass. Not a huge ass like Russell, but enough to lose enough votes at the finale. His social game sucked. He had that Russell attitude that he played the best game and deserved to win, forgetting that the jury can decide for themselves what makes someone deserving. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Chrissytd said:

I actually think Paulie was the deciding vote here. I thought he would've voted for Paul.

I never thought that for a minute. Paul was responsible, in part, for getting him out. Nicole and Corey were his tighter alliance, despite the "P" thing going on for a bit. Paul and Paulie fizzles because Paulie wouldn't let Paul have a voice of his own. When Paul realized that, he went his own way. Corey and Nicole were loyal sycophants to the end. Paulie was always going to vote for Nicole, as far as I'm concerned. And that means Z was too. 

45 minutes ago, simplyme said:

But apparently it does get you cast on BB. I'm pretty sure it's on the casting checklist for potential female HGs.

It HAS to be. There were more than ever this year. Nat, Nicole, Michelle, Bridgette, Bronte. Good Lord.  I will take Day screaming at someone any day over that ear assault. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

IMO, something smells real bad about this whole thing, I am not buying into any of it.  The reason Paul took Nichole to final two made no sense whatsoever.  I am not convinced it was his decision.

This season failed the smell test way back on Day 1, Remember when Glen and Corey "tied" for last and they had to check the film and , Big Surprise, the tall, young, bland, texan won over the old, fat, icky guy. What if Corey had actually gone home that day. How would that have changed Nicole's game (I mean, who would she have hooked up with, if Corey, the handsomest and wonderfulest and smartest man on the planet, had gone home?)

I woke this morning with a new sense of freedom. It won't last. If I can figure out how to watch for cheap I'll be back for OTT. I'll probably be back for the fun even if I can't watch. I imagine there will be clips all over the internet.

• Love 8

I actually thought the deciding votes were Day and Natalie.  Day was more pro-Paul, anti-Nicole.  But Paul blew with the 1st jury question re his lack of respect and obnoxious personality - which was a negative Day and Natalie brought up in their roundtable with Dr. Will.

This was the perfect opportunity for Paul to show remorse and redemption - instead of his flippant answer it's part of his crazy personality.

• Love 10
19 minutes ago, escape said:

I actually thought the deciding votes were Day and Natalie.  Day was more pro-Paul, anti-Nicole.  But Paul blew with the 1st jury question re his lack of respect and obnoxious personality - which was a negative Day and Natalie brought up in their roundtable with Dr. Will.

This was the perfect opportunity for Paul to show remorse and redemption - instead of his flippant answer it's part of his crazy personality.

I agree, I think that Day & Natalie were the swing votes and Paul's lack of remorse def hurt his chances with those two.   Why, I don't think we'll ever really know but people do make emotional decisions all the time and it seems like at least Natalie did as I don't think she ever got over Paul's dislike for her.

• Love 2

I didn't like Nicole from the start.  It's not because she jumped into a "showmance", it's the way she became "NiCorey", losing her individual identity as a person and becoming half of a couple instead.  Throughout the game, everyone treated "NiCorey"  as one person with two votes, as if it was impossible for either of them to think for themselves.  

I'd feel better about cheering that a woman won, if only it was a woman who played the game as a woman, not as half of a couple. 

(Also, I really hate her voice, I hope she uses the prize money to see an ENT doctor to get her adenoids checked out)

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, CindyBee said:

I agree, I think that Day & Natalie were the swing votes and Paul's lack of remorse def hurt his chances with those two.   Why, I don't think we'll ever really know but people do make emotional decisions all the time and it seems like at least Natalie did as I don't think she ever got over Paul's dislike for her.

Didn't she also say during the season she wanted a girl to win or maybe it was in her pre season interviews?

Da was the deciding vote. I am sure Paul expected James to vote for Nicole and Natalie to vote for him but it went the other way. But it still didn't matter since they nullified each other's votes (kinda funny that James' whole season was for NOTHING).

• Love 3

I can't fault Paul for not taking James.  Sure, I wish he had chosen him, but I also have to respect that he strongly felt James didn't deserve to be in final two and since the money was never a factor for Paul, I understand why he did what he did.  If he had taken James as a last minute knee-jerk decision, it would have bothered him  later on.  After drilling into Nicole on the Live Feeds how he didn't want to be betrayed like that, Paul would have felt like he'd been a hypocrite on live TV for doing to Nicole the very thing he didn't want done to him.  I don't believe Paul will have any regrets with his decision.  His clothing line will do quite well after all this, and his band will do just fine. 

I'm not as harsh on James as some have been on various social media sites because I do have a soft spot in my heart for him.  I feel bad for James having been given up for adoption.  I feel bad that when his adoptive mother passed away, his adoptive father gave him back to the adoption agency.  I feel bad for James having been sexually assaulted as a child.  I feel bad for James not having anyone to bring to the show as his family member, and how that up until BB talked his daughter's mother into bringing his daughter to the show, James' "family member" was going to be Derrick's father.  I think that's sad.  In spite of all that stuff, I still wouldn't vote for him to win.  I think it's only right to award the prize based upon how well someone played the game, and I don't feel that was James.

About Day:  Unlike people on other social media sites, I don't fault Day for voting for Nicole.  She did what she did with the knowledge she had at hand.  We have to remember that the jury doesn't get to watch the show or Live Feeds and the final two only get a couple of minutes to state their case, so Day doesn't know what we know.  I believe that once Day gets the chance to watch the show, she will regret voting for Nicole since Paul clearly played a better game.  I also think Day will be impressed with Paul's strategic move to pretend he and Victor were no longer in an alliance in order to infiltrate the Corey/Nicole and Nat/James alliances.  That saved their entire game and took some effort to carry out.  I'm also proud of Day for not letting emotions control her decision.  She doesn't particularly care for Nicole on a personal level, but she still gave Nicole her vote based on her belief that Nicole played a better game.  Kudos to her for not holding a grudge.

And lastly, kudos to Meech too for the very same reason.  Yes, some part of her voting for Paul may have been because she disliked Nicole, but still, Paul calling her the "C" word could have sealed his fate with her. 

Edited by J.D.
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I'm very happy with the outcome this season.  Although I'd been a big supporter of James all season, I finally got fed up with his lack of playing over the past several weeks.  He just laid around all day doing nothing.  I switched over to supporting Nicole a few weeks ago, and I'm glad she won.  She really DID do some nice moves in the game, and was the brains behind the Nicorey team (thank goodness!).

I thought Paul had this thing won, but his jury answers doomed him.  Much like Dan in S14, Paul came across as cocky and arrogant.  He almost came out and said, "Give me my money, you losers!" to the jury.  I expected Paul to win 7-2.  Dayvonne's vote was the biggest surprise for me, and I couldn't have been happier about it!

This was a good season (but long).  I think the only 2 people I actually couldn't stand this year were Paulie (one of the biggest jerks in all of BB history) and Bridgette, who constantly played the giggly, childish fool, even while calling herself a "strong, independent woman".

Being the "brains" behind the Nicorey team of 2 really isn't that impressive but I do get the gist of what you are saying and agree for the most part. At first, I was annoyed Nicole won. The "let me latch onto a pretty penis" angle is perhaps my least favorite of all the strategic variations on this show. Effective sometimes sure, but it's as embarrassing on tv as it is in real life. We all know those girls. The "other girls don't like me" or "I'm a guys girl". That's not a badge of honor. That's a self-esteem issue. 
I digress. After chatting with my Dad, who is a huge BB fan in his 60's, I am glad Paul lost. He was so confident that he had it in the bag. One those votes started to tie up, that cocky demeanor deflated. I said it in a previous post, it would NOT have been hard to turn that jury around. To eat even the smallest slice of humble pie. He didn't need to beg forgiveness for saying rude and hurtful things but it's not hard to say that, in the frenzy of the game, he got carried away and didn't mean it. 
He wouldn't do that though. Paul thinks that his "wild and crazy guy" act was enough to seal the deal, as if his personality was so epic, so enchanting that people would reward him "just being me". 

I hated Paulie, too. I hope to never see his meatloaf face again. What kind of girl falls for that? He isn't pretty, wasn't particularly funny or charming and he definitely wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I guess the answer would be a young lady with no self-esteem, who measures her value in dick inches. So, basically, Zakiyah. 
Both Paulie and his brother are generic brick-faces. So is Corey. He is a fine looking young man but he really is average. This show has had some hot guys. It has also had some "meh" guys. Paulie and Corey fall firmly in the middle. Not offensive to look at but certainly not panty-droppers. Unless, of course, you are Nicole or Z which goes back to my comment about measuring value by dick inches. 

And Bridgette. Seems like a sweet girl but DULL. AS. FUCK. What a Holly Hobby bore-fest. 

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Stinamaia said:

So Cody was reviled/laughed at for taking Derrick to F2, but Paul is given respect for taking Nicole?  Nicole played him. He got played, not robbed.  A victim of arrogance.

I agree however Victoria was a much weaker player than James. 

You guys have said it all about who woulda, coulda, and shoulda won.  I just want to say this.  Did you all see Joesea doing his "America's next top model" strut and spin around at the end of the show when everyone was mulling around talking?.  I was like wtf that voted out first, self proclaimed messiah, still trying to grab attention.  May I never see him on tv again! Lol

Edited by lasandi
Thank you AbsoluteShower
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Stinamaia said:

So Cody was reviled/laughed at for taking Derrick to F2, but Paul is given respect for taking Nicole?  Nicole played him. He got played, not robbed.  A victim of arrogance.

Paul had a good chance of beating Nicole and a better chance of beating James.  Neither were a sure thing.

Puppydog Cody had no chance of beating Derrick but a slam-dunk beating Victoria.

I'm laughing at Paul for not taking the better chance and that Nicole played him.  As much as I don't like her, she beat him as fairly as is possible in this game. 

His own arrogance killed him with the questions.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, nkotb said:

Speaking of jury questions, as much as I somewhat-embarrassingly love this show, the finale almost ruins the entire season for me every year, so I honestly may boycott just so I'm not disappointed in the finale, which has nothing to do with the winner. Here are my ways to fix the finale:

[...]

I know there's no way to know in advance if they'll change the format of the finale, but it is so disappointing every year. Just my 2 cents!

Yes.  This is my first time for full summer commitment.  I got all snuggled in for the finale and I was appalled at how they blew the entire first hour showing comps that were long over.  (I peeked at the feeds thread.)   They could SO easily have shown most of that on Sunday, pleasing an enthusiastic audience eager to know some results.

It's just feels like such a blatant middle finger 'fuck you' to waste the next-to-last episode with all that lame extraneous footage plus a five-minute comp "teaser" and THEN waste 2/3's of the finale showing long-completed comps.  I think most fans, like me, would have really enjoyed hearing from the assembled cast.

If the issue is disrupting the momentum, even a Survivor-style time split with The Big Announcement followed by some cast commentary would serve.  A couple of remarks from Glenn, Frank, Tiffany and some thoughtful explanation of the decision-making process from the voters would have been ten times more interesting than Bridgette's artificial cooing over a basil plant.

I don't know . . . winner/loser aside, I invested a ridiculous amount of time in this thing and I really resent the way they chose to dribble out and conclude the season. 

"Suck it up, Buttercup," right, Show?

Edited by candall
  • Love 9

Everyone who thinks Paul was robbed all fail to realize this is a game to the very end and Paul blew it.  Winning comps and vetoes is admirable, but remember you're extolling those virtues to people who didn't do comps as well and still felt they could have won.  It is just as much of a social game as a physical game.  It's one thing to have fights with people, but to resort to using some of the most vulgar, disrespectful, and misogynist language was a fatal mistake.  He's a disgusting individual.  He's cagey, I'll give him that--he managed to tell James something in his eviction speech that skewered Nicole and probably got his vote.  And then, to just not acknowledge how his words were inappropriate--especially after hearing how they jury really thought he was a not very nice person for saying them....then to cap it off with "friendship".  I don't blame the jury.  "You're boy" was crushed, disappointed and angry he didn't win it.  I loved seeing him like that.  I think Nicole had enough arguments to justify a vote for her and Paul's basic disgusting nature cost him. 

• Love 8
39 minutes ago, lasandi said:

You guys have said it all about who woulda, coulda, and shoulda won.  I just want to say this.  Did you all see Joesea doing his "America's next top model" strut and spin around at the end of the show when everyone was mulling around talking?.  I was like wtf that voted out first, self proclaimed messiah, still trying to grab attention.  May I never see him on tv again! Lol

edited to add voted out second. Lol

Actually you were right first time - he was VOTED out first. Glenn left because he lost a comp.

• Love 4

Watched the show and feeds.   I don't really see Nicole playing this game other than hiding behind Corey.   She had no social game other than Corey.

i wll give it to her that she did play Paul to take her   That was her best and only move   

Paul blew it with the jury which only shows how important jury management is in this game   If he showed remorse for his behavior, he would have won.   Of course, who knows how much product played in this decision.   That would not surprise me.

Poor Paulie.   So looking forward to his reunion with Corey and spending special time with him.   He probably has to wait now that Nichole won.  

It will be interesting who stays friends with who after the show.   I believe the only couple staying friends will be Paul and Victor.  

Fuck you, Da'vonne.   

• Love 4
3 hours ago, nkotb said:

she was called a snake by a few of the housegeusts, which tells us something.

Yes, that there was more going on with Nicole than the producers were showing us.

I couldn't believe that James thought he had successfully made a deal with Nicole. He must have zero ability to read people.

I don't know if it changed any votes, but you could see in the faces of female jury members how poorly Paul's unapologetic answer went over.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, watch2much said:

Everyone who thinks Paul was robbed all fail to realize this is a game to the very end and Paul blew it.  Winning comps and vetoes is admirable, but remember you're extolling those virtues to people who didn't do comps as well and still felt they could have won.  It is just as much of a social game as a physical game.  It's one thing to have fights with people, but to resort to using some of the most vulgar, disrespectful, and misogynist language was a fatal mistake.  

YES! YES! 
A lot of people say shitty things on these shows. Sometimes they do so multiple times. Honestly, the words don't bug me. I don't throw out the word "misogynist" often because maybe my measuring stick for what it means, and it's impact, is different. Calling someone a "c***" or "bitch" is shitty and stupid but in the grand scheme of this show, that is tame when perhaps one of the most heinous things I ever heard out of an HG's mouth was Ragen (and Britney giggling), saying he hopes Rachel's (future) children get AIDS (or something like that).  

It's the failure to recognize that people DO hold onto those moments of disrespect that shows Paul lacks much in the way of self-awareness. The tone was set by the question of his name-calling and his out was right there for a taking and still he completely missed the cues. So many players get caught up in their own game, their own head, that they forget themselves but eventually see it clearly (either after the show or after it is brought before them). Paul had a mirror put in front of him in the form of a jury and still didn't get it. I think that tells me that who he was in the house, good and bad, is exactly who he is. 
Even Russell Hantz, who was an A-1 asshole (an entertaining, gaming asshole...sorry, he caused chaos and I liked it), made no bones during Survivor to say this is a game folks. A few simple words along those lines from Paul could've made a $450K difference.  

Edited by The Hound Lives
  • Love 4

and Paul is a hypocrite.  In his interview with Jeff he went on and on about his lack of real "friendship" with most of the people in the house and how glad he is he could be himself now.  This after telling Jeff he was ok with second place because he was "true to himself".  What an idiot.  He failed to maintain his facade until the end and it hurt him.   His hubris lost it for him and I couldn't be happier.  That being said, I would love to see him and Victor on the Amazing Race.  I would love to see how his bravado would fare in strange lands doing strenuous challenges, sleep deprived and under extremely stressful situations.

Edited by watch2much
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, watch2much said:

and Paul is a hypocrite.  In his interview with Jeff he went on and on about his lack of real "friendship" with most of the people in the house and how glad he is he could be himself now.  This after telling Jeff he was ok with second place because he was "true to himself".  What an idiot.  He failed to maintain his facade until the end and it hurt him.   His hubris lost it for him and I couldn't be happier.  That being said, I would love to see him and Victor on the Amazing Race.  I would love to see how his bravado would fare in strange lands doing strenuous challenges, sleep deprived and under extremely stressful situations.

Strange lands?!?!? What do you mean? Don't you know Paul has been everywhere and done everything? Or so I have learned from all the stories he has told. So many stories...

• Love 2
14 hours ago, SevenStars said:

How ???? Zakiyah made it clear from her exit interviews that she wouldn't vote for Paul because he betrayed her by voting her out when she believed she was part of his alliance. Nicole fought to keep her, even when she knew the majority of the house wanted Z out,  she still voted to keep Z. I don't care how Paulie voted, base on Zakiyah's interviews and how she was in the house with Nicole I would have been surprised if she voted for Paul against Nicole. 

I certainly wouldn't call Zakiyah Paulie's "slave" as the OP did, but Z's exit interviews mean very little to me.  Sure, she was her own woman with new found self-respect for about a week, but that ended when she climbed back into Paulie's bed.

13 hours ago, laprin said:

Paul lost for one reason - he's an ass.  It was satisfying seeing him come to the realization that he would have probably won against James. 

Speaking of James, I am so happy that he didn't win anything!  That certainly seems in keeping with his "strategy."  I was a little surprised that he was so bitter, but I find even that satisfying. 

By "bitter" do you mean by voting for Paul, because -

12 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, she has said that she never thought outside of the house that she could "get" a guy as gorgeous as Corey...

I was just thinking, I bet James voted for Paul so that he didn't "vote for another girl" and also that he really wasn't 'working with' Nicole who Nat sees as the downfall of their game. Maybe Nat voted for Nicole in a 'no hard feelings' kind of proof in which they were kinda caught in a Gift of the Magi thing vote-wise.

Going by the feeds thread, Nicole treated James like garbage the last week in the house.  She bitched non-stop of how he "betrayed" dear sweet Corey, and I heard her spit out he was a "savage" with my own two ears.  She made up outrageous lies, such as James walking around the house arrogant and smug, acting like Paul and Nicole were afraid of and threatened by him.  She also claimed that he got in her face and told her she and Paul didn't have a chance of winning against him.  I kind of appreciated that he didn't reward her nastiness, unlike Michelle who easily overlooked being called the "C" word by Paul.  I really wouldn't have minded James calling Nicole a snake as he put his "Paul" key in the slot.  Now Paul was right there with Nicole, isolating James, making up lies about him, and grossly exaggerating every word he said, but Nicole's actions would cut deeper since she and James had a pre-existing friendship.

• Love 7
51 minutes ago, candall said:

I think most fans, like me, would have really enjoyed hearing from the assembled cast.

I not only wanted to hear from the cast I always want a little more explanation about each vote.  I would like the jury members to say who they're voting for and why, as they put their keys in the box.  They could be called forward in order for the most drama.  Then we still would have had Day's deciding vote last plus the satisfaction of hearing her say something like, "Paul I was voting for you right up until the jury questions, but after you refused to apologize for the nasty things you said to  some of the women, and even admitted that was just the way you always were, I've changed my vote to Nicole."  Place key and turn.

At the end of BB 10, Renny told Memphis she wasn't voting for him because every morning she would say "good morning, " to him and he wouldn't say anything back..  I loved that!  Memphis, thought she was just an unimportant old woman so why bother to grunt a reply, and it might have cost him the game.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, watch2much said:

Everyone who thinks Paul was robbed all fail to realize this is a game to the very end and Paul blew it.  Winning comps and vetoes is admirable, but remember you're extolling those virtues to people who didn't do comps as well and still felt they could have won.  It is just as much of a social game as a physical game.  It's one thing to have fights with people, but to resort to using some of the most vulgar, disrespectful, and misogynist language was a fatal mistake.  He's a disgusting individual.  He's cagey, I'll give him that--he managed to tell James something in his eviction speech that skewered Nicole and probably got his vote.  And then, to just not acknowledge how his words were inappropriate--especially after hearing how they jury really thought he was a not very nice person for saying them....then to cap it off with "friendship".  I don't blame the jury.  "You're boy" was crushed, disappointed and angry he didn't win it.  I loved seeing him like that.  I think Nicole had enough arguments to justify a vote for her and Paul's basic disgusting nature cost him. 

Yeah I think many people have called the fact that Paul's shitty personality cost him the game. I know some hate that he played a good game comp wise and lost but he very clearly blew it by having too much ego and a shitty social game.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Stinamaia said:

I agree with this 100% and like at least Cody and Derrick had a final 2 since day 1.  But Paul taking Nicole instead of James made no sense to me what so ever

On 9/21/2016 at 10:21 PM, The Hound Lives said:

I have to echo everyone else. Paul blew it on the jury questions.

As I've stated before, I think Paul's mouth directly contributed to  his loss long before the Finale; his (un-)answers to the Jury questions just cemented it.  :)

In truth, what I think really did Paul in...?  I think Paul was simply unprepared for the order of things in the Finale.  For some reason (possibly no more than it was what made sense to him) Paul had it set in his mind that the finalists would get to make their pitches to the Jury first, THEN take questions from the Jurors - because Paul did a royal double-take when Julie said they were leading off with questions from the Jury.  I'm virtually certain Paul was already repeating his "vote for me" speech in his head to get it letter-perfect at the time, and the format switch caught him off-guard.  Paul was TOTALLY unprepared for that first question coming across the plate at him, and he whiffed it badly - and unfortunately for him, that was Natalie's question about his disrespectful remarks in the House.  

Also, (spoilered for feed/BBAD reference):

Spoiler

The questioning rattled Paul badly enough that when he DID finally get to make his "vote for me" pitch, it was nowhere near as polished and complete as what he had been rehearsing all week on the feeds and BBAD.

I'd lay better-than-even odds that if the Finale format had followed Paul's expectations, we might be looking at a different winner.

On 9/21/2016 at 10:32 PM, Callaphera said:

Bridgette: "James, what was your one big move this season?"
James: *crickets*

Actually, James could have listed three:

1. During James' HoH reign he put Frank (arguably the strongest player at the time) OTB and got Frank evicted.  Everybody else was Helen-ing it up out the wazoo ("Frank needs to go, but we don't know if the timing is right juuuust yet...."), but James was the only one with enough testicular fortitude to DO something about it.
  2. James' flip on the Z vote was the primary destabilizer of the Default Paulie Regime - removing Paulie's most dependable supporting lockstep vote, and directly contributing to Paulie's eviction a week later.
  3. Paul did put Corey OTB, true - but it was James who cast the (sole) vote to evict.

So in that sense, James was instrumental in evicting three of the strongest players this season.

Note: I'm not really making a case for James - but (again spoilered for feed/BBAD reference)...

Spoiler

... it did irk me somewhat that on the feeds and BBAD we were treated to incessant repetitions of Nicole and Paul practicing their F2 speeches, but not a peep about what kind of speech James might've been composing in case he ended up getting carried to F2.  So I did some composing on my own.  :)

On 9/21/2016 at 11:23 PM, Petunia13 said:

Dayvonne just said that the jury had their minds up and were voting that was regardless of the speeches 

...and I'm sure that was true.  For Da'Vonne.  :)

20 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Random thoughts:

IMO, something smells real bad about this whole thing, I am not buying into any of it. .

Interesting how Julie pulled out the keys in such a way (four for each finalist) that it was the last key that determined who won (IMO was given the win).  Again, I think something smells about the whole thing.

Er - the Jurors voted in order of eviction, and Julie pulled the keys in reverse order of eviction.

The only tampering I could see available to Production would be if a certain Juror or Jurors had two vote keys with the same Finalist's name on both - and that would be a helluva risky trick to try playing on a live broadcast.  All it would take would be for one tampered Juror to hold up both keys with the same name in front of the cameras and shout, "Hey, what's going on here!?!?", and the show's reputation - and ratings - would go straight down the shitter a la Last Comic Standing.

Paul got screwed.

Yes - by his own big dumb mouth.

No one has to like Paul's answers to the jury's questions

Wrong - the Jury does, if he wants their votes.

but at least he came off as honest.  I would rather vote for someone who is honest during those questions, then someone who tells the jury what they want to hear.

I think you're coming down with a case of Victor Syndrome, i.e., believing displays of positive moral virtue get you extra points in BB.  Which has never been the case, except maybe in the AFP vote.  

And hey, look at that - Vic won AFP.  :)

16 hours ago, Dilandau said:

I was always under the impression that the jury already knew who they were voting for and told the production ahead of time, and then they would have them vote in the order that was the most interesting.

As stated before - the Jurors voted in order of eviction, and Julie pulled the keys in reverse order of eviction.

Edited by Nashville
Natalie's question, not Michelle's
  • Love 8

Well, that's too bad but as soon as Paul evicted Jame I figured he'd made a $450K mistake and I was right. He miscalculated the jury and got caught up in his own arrogance, so it's all on him. I could tell the jury was warming up to Nicole's game the longer she lasted.

It continues to infuriate me that the final HoH is virtually a coin toss. When the winner gets four out of eight correct it shows you've got a 50/50 chance no matter what. You might have played the best game and worked the hardest to get to that point and then it all comes down to a coin flip. Why don't they ask the final 2 to guess/remember what a juror said while they were actually in the house, like they did in that "What the Bleep" competition? At least then the person who paid the most attention and had the best memory would be rewarded. Instead they're supposed to guess what random, generic thing a juror said in answer to some random, generic question the producers asked them. That's insane. You might as well ask them to guess how many fingers they're holding behind their backs.

You would literally have to pay me to watch the fall online-only edition. Especially when they tell me up front either Jozea or Jason will be in it. Thanks for the  warning.

• Love 8

I don't understand talk about manipulation by the producers to influence who won. Why would they care who wins? I could understand (but don't believe) manipulation during the season to keep certain popular or controversial players around for future broadcasts (i.e. higher ratings) but after the finale, the show's over. And, clearly, based on the feedback all over the internet, the least popular player won. How is that in the producer's/CBS' best interest?

Personally, I had no problem with Nicole winning. Overall, it was a weak season with relatively boring players, but Nicole played a better game than most give her credit for. Paul bragging about being nominated 6 times is nothing to brag about, people considered sending him home 6 times! (Sure, 1-2 may have been as pawns, but still.) Had Victor won I would've been very disappointed considering he WAS evicted twice previously. Paul and Victor won a lot of competitions but competitions are overrated in my opinion - they are certainly important for strategic reasons during the game but, to me, they don't determine who the best player is in a social game.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, pemo said:

And, clearly, based on the feedback all over the internet, the least popular player won.

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that statement; personally my least favorite was Paul, who set a new low in Jury (mis-)management.

Besides - no matter WHO won, you'll hear screaming from fans of the other two also-rans who didn't win.  :>

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

So are we expecting Paul and Victor to be chosen for TAR next?

No. No. No. BB needs to stay away from TAR. I don't ever want to see any of these people ever again and I will not be able to watch Paul scream "Oh!" and "Friendship" and "Never cared." all around the world. No.No.No.

Possible recent BBers who could appear on TAR without me hating them immediately:

1. Vic *without Paul*

2. Tiffany

3. Nat *without James*

Edited by zibnchy
to add stuff
  • Love 5
36 minutes ago, innocuouspuff said:

Da'Vonne speaks. From start to finish, not reverse Twitter-style.

El Fit Vic threw his boy to the jury wolves, lol.

Poor Day.  I kinda knew this would happen.

46 minutes ago, Nashville said:

I think Paul was simply unprepared for the order of things in the Finale.  For some reason (possibly no more than it was what made sense to him) Paul had it set in his mind that the finalists would get to make their pitches to the Jury first, THEN take questions from the Jurors - because Paul did a royal double-take when Julie said they were leading off with questions from the Jury.  I'm virtually certain Paul was already repeating his "vote for me" speech in his head to get it letter-perfect at the time, and the format switch caught him off-guard.  Paul was TOTALLY unprepared for that first question coming across the plate at him, and he whiffed it badly - and unfortunately for him, that was Michelle's question about his disrespectful remarks in the House.

Funny, I had the same thought.  It accounts for a strangely uneven performance, blaring out the key talking points of his speech right off the bat and then faltering on the reorganization of the same points later.

I agree that he was amped to deliver a barn burner and was taken aback.  He might have relaxed and been smarter about the card questions if he'd gotten his stump speech out of his system--maybe even delivering on that mea culpa everyone seems to think would have made all the difference.

Oh well, I'm sure he's out there somewhere, fully engaged in the process of kicking himself 450,000 times.

• Love 3

I hope to never see Paulie's meatloaf face again.

LMAO!  That’s a new one, fuckin’ classic.

As much as Nicole has annoyed me all season, I was genuinely happy that she won the game.  She was such a whining weasel but she was right about her moves in the game; I guess getting finger/literally fucked by Corey didn’t hurt either.  For me, her greatest move was lying to Natalie about Paul going after James and convincing Natalie and Michelle to put up Paul and Victor.  And I knew darned well that she would have taken James if she had won the last HOH, all that waffling was for show.

Paul learned a lesson that I learned in the most heartbreaking way five years ago…bad behavior will never be rewarded with good behavior, there are always consequences.  No matter how hard he worked his ass off to stay in the game the fact of the matter is he was a prick to the other HG’s.  If he had at least owned and apologized for his crudeness then he might have won.

Michelle – Go back home and troll on your computer, hating the obese.  Hopefully you learned a lesson too…when you sell wolf tickets to people, rule is those tickets will be bought.  For all her ‘toughness’ it took a smile from Corey and down comes the tears?  FOH you pathetic bitter bitch, I hope she never darkens my screen again!

As happy as I was that Victor won AFP, it was nothing compared to the look on James’s face when the winner was announced…it was like the prom scene in Carrie when Chris pulled the rope and smiled as the pig blood splashed on Carrie.  Go back to Texas, Gnome-Boy, he’s another one I hope to never see again!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, J.D. said:

About Day:  Unlike people on other social media sites, I don't fault Day for voting for Nicole.  She did what she did with the knowledge she had at hand.  We have to remember that the jury doesn't get to watch the show or Live Feeds and the final two only get a couple of minutes to state their case, so Day doesn't know what we know.  I believe that once Day gets the chance to watch the show, she will regret voting for Nicole since Paul clearly played a better game. 

But Day was anti-Nicole throughout the game.  She was told by frank that nicole was working against her. She didn't believe Nicole when Nicole tried to make nice. So when Day's was the final vote read, i was sure that Paul had it in the bag. Imagine my letdown! 

5 hours ago, innocuouspuff said:

Da'Vonne speaks. From start to finish, not reverse Twitter-style.

El Fit Vic threw his boy to the jury wolves, lol.

Ummmm...so Day voted for gameplay rather than personal feelings? Where's the FRIENDSHIP, Day? If it was me, I'd vote for my friend over someone who backstabbed me.

Poor Paulie's mom. She was already choosing the specs for her new Bentley. 

Every juror should ask a question. Survivor-style.

• Love 1

Vixenstud,

I agree-ish with the sentiments expressed in your comments EXCEPT that pertaining to ' bad' vs. 'good' behaviours:      

I must differ--respectfully, of course. Those all over za world from 'protectors' to...are commonly  rewarded with praise, money, promotion, supplication...while positive moral positions in act/deed, earnest attempts at public aid, empathetic based policies designed to elevate societal awareness and affect community closeness receive naught but dismissive contempt. BIG BROTHER is no different--just lightly faux pressurized and distilled.

Well after a season of posting comments I almost didn't post tonight as I quickly lost interest when it wasn't going to be a James/ Nicole final two. I was dissillusioned that James was completly shut out of the money because at least the 50K would give him a shot at holding onto Natalie at least for a little w while but then there was the ending!

I loved that Paul got trumped in the final seconds! You could tell he KNEW that he had this in the bag and then to see it snatched out from under him was glorious. I've disliked him since day one hour one and kept hoping for his eviction but the dummies towed him along until the end. So happy it didn't work out..and the best part was he did himself in by not  James. Poetic meet justice!

Meanwhile Corey just got a 500K incentive not to head for the  hills post finale. And somewhere out there Zakiyas heart is breaking as Paulie disapears into the ether for good.

James and Nat for AMAZING RACE....come on CBS they were runners up for America's Prize!

I think I will pony  up for CBS acess...see you all on the OVER THE TOP boards!

T

Every year I watch the finale and say, "I'm not watching this crap next year." And then I do.

Congrats to Nicole, I guess, but I'm tired of them recycling houseguests. Especially when they're protected by production (i.e. the "team twist" at the start of the season.)

• Love 1
12 hours ago, zibnchy said:

This season failed the smell test way back on Day 1, Remember when Glen and Corey "tied" for last and they had to check the film and , Big Surprise, the tall, young, bland, texan won over the old, fat, icky guy. What if Corey had actually gone home that day. How would that have changed Nicole's game (I mean, who would she have hooked up with, if Corey, the handsomest and wonderfulest and smartest man on the planet, had gone home?)

Oooh! A BB alternate universe. I loooooove that!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ZSweetJane said:
14 hours ago, zibnchy said:

Oooh! A BB alternate universe. I loooooove that!

In an alternate BB universe with no Corey Glen and Nicole were a scorching couple and ran the house until final 3 when Josea went on a comp run to seal his victory with a flawless personal game and smooth strategy throughout. His biggest challenge was from the power all-girls alliance that Nicole was key in infiltrating and taking down from the inside.

• Love 3