Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E42: Finale, Winner Revealed

• Start Topic

Yeah, so Nicole made BB History.

I'm glad history was made finally with a woman winning against a man, but I'm just not that happy that it was Nicole. I'm trying to be, but Paul's game was just better. Also, how is Nicole shocked at that when Julie reveals it? Damn, super fan my ass.

The jury segment was...well, it was something. Big Meech crying, of course.

Victor winning AFP? I had a feeling when the screams grew louder when he walked out. But Natalie/James being in top three as well was nice.

All in all, whatever. Now I can put this season out of my memory. 

• Love 18

Big Meech must be steaming mad right now. She was so upset in the jury segment when her anti-Nicole campaign didn't go anywhere with the other jurors.

I love that a woman finally beat a man, but yeah, not sure I agree that she played the better game. She's not an awful winner though. So yay for history and meh overall, BB18.

• Love 11

As per usual, the BB finale had too much filler and not enough content in one and a half hours, and yet I feel it could have been longer so that we could actually hear from, y'know, the houseguests that played the game? And hear what they had to say about controversial moments and stuff like that.

To copy my post from the live feed thread:

We finally get a woman beating a man in F2, and it had to be Fuck You, Nicole? 

Truth be told, I would have been unsatisfied with any of them winning and yet not exactly angry that all three of them were in the finals. This was such a lackluster seasons compared to others. I feel like a lackluster ending is very appropriate. 

Here's hoping BB: OTT is much much better (and has Jason in it, much as I love The Messiah).

• Love 9

I'll be honest. I am loling that Paul played himself. That last shot of him hugging his family and crying... Haaaaaahaa!!! I think we all learned a valuable lesson today.

still don't like Nicole

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Sweets McGee said:

I'm surprised the pre-jury boots even got to sit on stage. 

I missed a few minutes because I went face deep into a plate of barbecued ribs and spaghetti and momentarily blacked out in a food orgasm. Did any of them even get to talk? Because all I saw was them in the shadows.

• Love 1

Hey, a woman won, and beat a guy who was ostensibly a more strategic player! Paul seems like he broke the Rob/Amber rule: People Don't Care if You're Strategic if You're Also an Asshole. Also, the Russell Hantz rule.

I do respect Paul for taking a stronger player to the end, even if it cost him. He knows he's guaranteed to be invited back for sure.

I'm just annoyed that now that the stupid show made effin' Derrick look like a genius. SCREW YOU, DERRICK!!! And congratulations, Nicole.

• Love 9

This is now two unsatisfying endings in a row.

Liz got no credit last year for playing a solid game while Steve had really only one good day letting him take out the best player and got the win.

Now, Nicole gets credited for playing a better game than Paul? I feel like I woke up in a strange land that just doesn't add up.

I will say Paul seemed to dodge the question about being a vulgar person, which probably didn't help his case. That said, he was way more articulate than Nicole in every other facet.

I just can't even right now.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 10
Just now, Callaphera said:

I missed a few minutes because I went face deep into a plate of barbecued ribs and spaghetti and momentarily blacked out in a food orgasm. Did any of them even get to talk? Because all I saw was them in the shadows.

None spoke but Jozea was hogging the camera because he is up for the vote to get into OTT,  Frank held way back.  Glenn was front and center but looked like he was placed there, which tells me he is on OTT.  

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think Paul lost it with the jury questions.

Without a doubt. Even though Nicole kept throwing out the "aaaand" and the "I don't know, you guuuuys", her answers were marginally better though there were no great moments there, either. Paul sunk himself with the question from Big Meech. The question/answer period and the final speech is when you own up to all your shit and say, "Hey, I may have been an asshole but look where it got me. You may not like me but you can respect that I played the game and I played it hard." If he had 'fessed up, I could see the vote going the other way by at least two votes.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Sweets McGee said:

Big Meech must be steaming mad right now. She was so upset in the jury segment when her anti-Nicole campaign didn't go anywhere with the other jurors.

I didn't even think of that!  No wonder she was very subdued when she voted.  She must be mortified,  as she should be. What a childish display.  

• Love 2

Wow, was expecting a close vote if between Paul and Nicole wasn't expecting that close. Congrats to them both, deserving winner both of them were. Good for Nicole for being the first female winner against a man.

Michelle needs to never say the words superfan again, she's nuts. Her bitterness and behavior is insane. She is an insult to real fans.

• Love 6

This show brings out my mean side. I think Paul badly blew the question about how he's such dick and I think it cost him 450,000. I hope it eats at him for the rest of his loud, unimportant life.

Also I hope Paulie is tormented by butterflies for the rest of his life. But I want to be able to cackle with glee while he cries.

Meech is certainly "troubled" but I kind of loved her tonight.

Also? Is Dr. Will a vampire? Yes, I get that he's a dermatologist and sun is BAD but he looks really undead to me.

• Love 21

Thrilled that James and Paul lost. Thrilled that a woman beat a man in the finals. Especially since now it will no longer be a "thing". Bummed that it was Nicole.

However, IMO, Nicole played the better game. Why? Because she won. She got the majority of the jury to vote for her over Paul. And honestly, in the jury questioning, the only person who looked butthurt and bitter was Michelle, and I'm going to assume she did NOT vote for Nicole (I watched this in 15 minutes, I missed the votes).

Being an asshole to the jury is not good gameplay. It just isn't. Sure Evil Dick got away with that nonsense, but he was also against his bitch of a daughter (and I love Dani after her second season, but still. She was the worst). I'm thrilled he got penalized by loving to go after people, just because "that's who he is". Nah, he's a dick and an idiot, and deserved to lose because of it.

• Love 22

I have to echo everyone else. Paul blew it on the jury questions. I always thought of them as fluff and people had their minds made up in advance but the tone totally changed when he didn't fess up to acting like an asshole. It's not hard..."I was an ass plenty of times and I am sorry for that. I really loved spending my summer with all of you....blah...blah...". Instead, it was just chest-puffing and ego tripping. 
What a moron. Smart enough to avoid being evicted but couldn't seal the deal and it really would've been so easy!
Had Natalie talked to James though, I think she would've voted for him.

And lived very close to Ubly for almost 3 years. Small town, farm country and lovely people in that part of the "thumb". 
No...they don't all talk like that. In fact, I don't know any of them that do. And Nicole's outfit is not standard wear for anyone over the age of 6. 
She played an average game and got lucky that Paul stuck his foot in his fury mouth. I hope she fades away. BB needs to not bring her back. Ever. 

Edited by The Hound Lives
  • Love 15

It was so important to Paul that he deprive James of $50,000, that he deprived himself of $450,000.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  I so love Paul being the first guy to lose to a GIRL.  Not that he would have known that fact before Julie pointed it out.

1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

Thrilled that James and Paul lost. Thrilled that a woman beat a man in the finals. Especially since now it will no longer be a "thing". Bummed that it was Nicole.

However, IMO, Nicole played the better game. Why? Because she won. She got the majority of the jury to vote for her over Paul. And honestly, in the jury questioning, the only person who looked butthurt and bitter was Michelle, and I'm going to assume she did NOT vote for Nicole (I watched this in 15 minutes, I missed the votes).

Being an asshole to the jury is not good gameplay. It just isn't. Sure Evil Dick got away with that nonsense, but he was also against his bitch of a daughter (and I love Dani after her second season, but still. She was the worst). I'm thrilled he got penalized by loving to go after people, just because "that's who he is". Nah, he's a dick and an idiot, and deserved to lose because of it.

Right.  And Dick was smart enough to own his behavior rather than screaming FRIENDSHIP!

• Love 20

The Final HoH was as stupid as ever -- on the 2nd question both Paul and Nicole were basically calling bullshit on the answer on Zakiyah's answer.  At that point you know the answers were rigged by the Producers.

Even the final round of questions by the jury -- they agreed to read those questions, but there's no way the jury came up with those questions.

Kind of wanted Paul to win, but I'm ok he still got $50K.  Congrats to Victor on the America's Choice winner.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Right.  And Dick was smart enough to own his behavior rather than screaming FRIENDSHIP!

I love how Paul thinks it's fine to call a woman (Meech, in this case) a c*** but so long as he calls it friendship afterwards, it's all cool!

Thank God that Friendship is dead.

• Love 15

I'm not that shocked Nicole won. She had much better jury management than Paul did. BB is a social game. It isn't about how many competitions you win or even necessarily about making big moves. It's about two things: getting to F2, and once there convincing the jury to vote for you, either because they like you more OR you played a better game.

Nicole got to F2 smoothly. Paul was on the block HOW many times? Five? Six? To me, that isn't strong gameplay. That means you effed up. It's more fun to watch, but the viewers aren't voting.

And in the end, Nicole pissed off fewer people, had better support, and Paul's big mouth sank him.

I still don't like either of them, but I think the view that Paul played a better game has some holes in it.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, NYCFree said:

So a woman beats a man for the first time and she doesn't get to speak? Then a man wins AFP and he is asked how it feels? Somethings just can't change....

Uhhhh...he was asked a question by a WOMAN. And Vic is beloved and Nicole isn't.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Mnemosyne said:

I guess I'm the most shocked at Paulie voting for Nicole. But I always tend to tune out when this game gets down to three weeks or so, so maybe I missed something.

Paulie and Zakiyah were always going to be votes for Nicole; she stayed loyal to both of them, even when the house, including Paul, turned against Paulie.  Plus add in the fact that Cody loved Nic on his season.   So there you go, two solid votes for her.   

Edited by CindyBee
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It was so important to Paul that he deprive James of $50,000, that he deprived himself of $450,000.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  I so love Paul being the first guy to lose to a GIRL.Not that he would have known that fact before Julie pointed it out.

I want to believe that Julie was purposely emasculating Paul by pointing out that he is the first man to lose to an icky girl. I could imagine his balls *literally* shriveling up.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

It was so important to Paul that he deprive James of $50,000, that he deprived himself of $450,000.  Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  I so love Paul being the first guy to lose to a GIRL.  Not that he would have known that fact before Julie pointed it out.

Paul might have lost to James, too, though. Meech and Nat would have voted James, and given Paul's answers... who knows.

• Love 6

I can't believe James voted for Paul.  That one really surprised me.

I didn't really care who won until Paul picked Nicole over James and for such a stupid reason.  James went behind his back and wasn't loyal.  This from the guy who made final two pacts with both of them?  Then I actively was rooting for Nicoke to win.  So yay!  And I'm happy that Victir got AFP.

i won't be watching the BB OTT, I don't know if we have access in Canada(?).  But ugh to Jozea coming back.

The non jury members got to say nothing.  In previous years, haven't they revealed a few secrets?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, simplyme said:

Paul might have lost to James, too, though. Meech and Nat would have voted James, and given Paul's answers... who knows.

Paulie: "James, why should I vote for you to win the half a million dollars over the person sitting beside you?"
James: "Well, last night, I decided that it was finally time to play Big Brother..."

Bridgette: "James, what was your one big move this season?"
James: *crickets*

• Love 15

I don't think Nicole played a better game than Paul. Hell, she didn't even know why she won. It's sad that of all the women to finally beat a man in the Final 2, it was her. The true feminist Bridgette cast her vote accordingly.

The annoying thing is that Paulie had 2 votes as Zakiyah was nothing but his slave.

• Love 5

Dumbest move was to take Nicole over James...dumb! I think Paul blew it on his last answer when he talked about testing Nicole and James to see who was true and loyal and he ended up back to Nicole because she told him everything and was true and loyal. Duh. Duh for taking Nicole because of that and duh for highlighting Nicole's loyalty to the jury. Also, since I stopped being a James fan, I was glad that his vote for Paul got nullified by Nat's vote for Nicole.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Bridgette: "James, what was your one big move this season?"
James: *crickets*

You don't think his answer would be, "That HOH that you and Da gave to me, when I broke my word and put you and Frank up and Frank went home"?

*snrk* Can't imagine why.

• Love 4

I think the jury had already decided their votes and the final questions and speeches didn't matter. Paulie was going to vote for Nicole because voting for her is the closest he could get to voting for Corey. So already Nicole had Paulie and Corey. Then Zakiyah was going to vote with Paulie. That's 3 votes. Plus he should have known that Nat was going to be mad that Paul had just voted out her boyfriend. That's 4 votes.

I think Paul's idea of taking Nicole was that he felt he was making a statement. I'm sure the statement was all about giving it your best, not taking the easy route, bootstrapping, blah, blah. This reminds me that Paul was right there beside Josea when Josea was saying that everybody in the game should refuse to compete and that would send a message. Paul just keeps showing he ultimately doesn't understand the game. I think a big part of it is that Paul's family is rich. He's playing the game to make a statement and everyone else is playing because they really need the money. He insulted his fellow players with his whole, "I'm taking Nicole because everyone should go against the best." How patronizing! Plus, if he wants to just send a message, win the big money first and then fly a plane or something.

• Love 5